Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Tierney » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 am

I know you do Toras, and I would hope that you know I love you as much as you love me.
Tierneys hand went to his cheek, her fingers traced his strong jawline, a sad knowing smile played on her lips.
I'm sure that your father will be a great help to all of his children while all of you learn what you need to about your lineage. I've always known you would live longer than me Toras. Common sense would tell anyone such a truth. The moment you told me of your heritage I knew I would leave this world long before you. When that time comes no matter when it comes, promise me that you will light a candle on my birthday... I mean on the day I was reborn into a new life, the day I became your wife... promise me you will light a candle on that day and rather than mourn remember I will live on in your heart, in your mind, where I will stay with you for all the time you remain in the world. Light a candle and celebrate our life that we made with one another ves' tacha. Always remember that we are corthu, joined, even death cannot undo what we have done, what we have become.
Turning in his arms with her back against his chest she looked to the night sky.
And when my hair turns gray and I look old enough to be your grandmother I hope that when you see me, you will see me as I am now, that you remember me just like this because my body may become weak and frail but my spirit will still be strong and young just as I am strong and young right now.
User avatar
Tierney
Stablehand
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby TJ Deamons » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 am

I had never really thought about what that meant as far as outliving you goes. I mean I had but had not at the same time. I will always light a candle for you on that day though I do not know if I could go through losing you again and not be completely lost myself. I will always remember you as the woman that with one look could bring this demon to his knees. I unlike my brother have no problem admitting that my wife can do that to me.

He leaned to kiss her and he smiled afterward.

Then again I do not know if any of us will get the chance to find out exactly how long one of us can live. With all the things that we have faced already. I dare not say a damn thing more. It will be good to have him around SJ is the only one of us that knew him when he was little. Then again that is probably a good thing considering SJ is the only one that can touch Shadowbane. That might be why too who knows. I just hope with him near Mom wakes up or does something. You should have seen him when he saw her and when I told him she had healed some since the attack. When I left he had crawled into bed with her and was holding her and talking to her.
User avatar
TJ Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:40 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:40 am

I already said he could stay, you all need to learn as much as you can, I know how important that is, I wouldn't deny any of you that right no matter how I might see this entire situation right now. I'm sorry, I know you must be happy to have him here but right now talking about him is the last thing I want to do. I'm still too caught up knowing it was his son and his other little family that nearly tore mine apart and did bring Orianas family to ruin. Mara and Griffon should not have died here, they never should have been asked to get involved I own that and will deal with whatever happens because of it. They came here with her to protect us, all of us, I will not stand for anyone to say one bad word about them, not that anyone would but the same goes for Gabriel. He was here and would have died with his parents if Oriana did not send him with Kain and her sons. Despite losing Cole we owe that woman a great debt that we will never be able to repay. Never.

She noticed how he kept toying with neck and slipped off his lap.

Alright Majesty, show me. Don't look at me like you don't know what I'm talking about. The damage lets see it... Your right I did shout that angel comment... shirt off now...

She talked while she looked him over, her brows knit together, she didn't know the first thing about treating a demon after being attacked by another demon.

Hell where is Aranor? I don't know what to do here. And you really don't have the slightest idea just how ugly you looked, ugly doesn't even begin to cover it. You know I always knew I was going to drop dead before you, either because I did something to get myself killed or you were going to kill me yourself one of these days. I'm alright with that you know, I mean dying before you, hell it'll make it easier on me that's for sure, not that I don't feel bad for you after all who knows how long you'll live for... hey wait a minute... you're a damn demon and you were having heart attacks because I was almost a vampire? Are you serious? Oh... there's a thought! Once the heathens are legal age I could always go pay Lucius a visit.

She yelped and jumped a little when she felt his hand connect hard with her backside.

No go huh? Hey it was just a thought. You know the only way I'm really going to get over this whole mean ass demon thing is the same way I got over the shadow walking bit. Eventually you're going to have to will yourself to change without getting all pissed off. I need to see you in that form without all the anger. Think it can be done? That's just something you'll have to ask Toras.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Tierney » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:57 am

From the sounds of it, SJ may take after the man in looks but you take after him in the most important area, the heart. I'm not saying SJ does not have a heart, we all know Cyranda owns his heart, but I am very fortunate to have a man who loves me and isn't afraid to show that love no matter where we are or who we are around. You will not be lost when it is my time to rejoin with my people Toras, because I will be watching you from the heavens and seeing you through whatever life you have after I am gone. You may not be able to see me or touch me but I will always be with you.
Tierney led him to their bed and slipped beneath the cover, she waited for him to settle in beside her and laid down with her head against his chest.
I can only imagine what it must have been like for him to see your mother after all this time. No I take that back I know what it was like, because I know what you were like when you saw me again for the first time alive and that time I was gone was nothing compared to how long they have been apart for. His presence will do her well, I am sure of it. Now that he is here my greatest hope is that your mothers heart can start to heal and maybe you and your siblings can start to become a family with your father like you should have been allowed to do from the beginning.
User avatar
Tierney
Stablehand
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:27 pm

He listened to her and he brought her to his lap.

I know what we lost today can not even be measured in anything. I also know that if Toras had not come when he did I might have been joining my other brothers. Nothing is to say who is going to die first but one thing is for sure for as long as we get to I am going to be living here with you loving you and doing all I can to make our lives as good as possible. I know you too well sometimes Kiara, I already did ask him about it. That is something he can teach us. Toras feels guilty about all of what happened even though he had no idea. He saved me yet again when he saw me switch out of it I do not think that he even realized how long he had been gone. It took him a moment to realize who I am. But that is ok cause I knew I was safe with him also. We are going to leave Aranor alone it is nothing more than the demon tried to choke the life out of me. Let the man sleep and spend time with his wife. They have been having a rough time lately. I promise will have it looked at in the morning. Right now I just need to be right where I am with you.


He smiled slightly and kissed her. He started to think about Cole again and the sadness hit him. Never again would Cole be telling them how they were acting or how he would come barreling in the room with them yelling about this or that or them breaking another bed or the way the room got ransacked. He looked outside and he held on to her. He knew he did not have to speak about the sadness he was feeling but he also knew it hit his wife even harder as it was the last of her brothers.

You know I think Kain is going to forbid her from coming to see us especially if he sees her possessed like that.


He sadly smiled and leaned his head against hers.

We are all going to have to move as a family, Rayne's idea of using Aid was brilliant even Con could not get through to her. Con is back with Ari probably hearing the whole list of how he should not have done this or that with him in the condition he is in.


He shifted slightly in the chair and looked at her.

I could not find sleep when I first came in here then I just was not sure what you would want either. I got to thinking about everything if I had known ahead of time how to do that maybe could have done something more. I know how important Mara and Griffon were to you and Rayne also. I can not even begin to know how it feels as far as losing them goes. Then there is our brother, all I know is I want to be there for you and get through all of this together as we always have.


He thought of the night of their relationship reborn her birthday when he had to ask Cole for permission to marry her. He thought about the night that he thought she was hurt and went running for the valley when it was that she had planned a night just for them. Then what happened afterward that led them to be more of a force together.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby TJ Deamons » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 pm

I know you are right about my mother and father. His being here will help her heal even more if for no other reason then knowing that he is there for her when she wakes up. I can not imagine what it would be like being apart for that long. I can not imagine having to deal with all that he now knows especially about the destruction that his family brought about. I know it was not his doing or his fault but some here lost so much it is hard to even comprehend how to deal with it. I know its going to be a bit of an adjustment for everyone.

He got into bed and was holding her and kissed her.

Of course I am going to be lost without you Tierney don't you know you are part of who I am. I was different before I met you. Sure I cared about my family but never really cared about people and then you walk in and turn my world upside down. You know I will really get to call you my old lady when you start looking like a grandmother do I get to call you granny in bed then. That made me think better get as much loving done while you are young before you have too frail of bones to handle me.
User avatar
TJ Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:40 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Ow ow Cole!

Hell Jade whats got you wound up so damn tight? Some of these knots are huge.

Kiara and Cole were sitting on the wall, she was between his legs, he was kneading out the tension in her shoulders. She would have asked Losa but hell she didnt even ask Cole he just saw her straddle the wall and decided to join her.

Have you not noticed what its been like here all week? Or for the last six months or so for that matter. It hasnt exactly been peaceful or even remotely calm... ow dammit!

Stop whining. How could anyone not notice, we've all been living it. But look over there at your husband and your son Jade. Look around your world, everything is coming together again and everything is being made right. Ari and Con are finally married, Bug whether she knows it or not has found her life...

Kiara put a hand on his amazed at how small her hand was on top of his.

And what about you Cole? Are you happy? I worry about you so much, I know what losing Alec did to you. That light in your eyes is gone, I'd give anything to see that back again Cole. When I told Losa you were the only family I had left, that was truth. I know my family consists of more and that my husband and children are my family but you are the only one left of the Connors Cole. The only one left that my parents called son. I miss them all so much Cole some days its hard to get out of bed, I wouldnt know what to do if I lost you too.

Cole kissed her hand.

I'm not going anywhere Kiara Jade, its just not my time. I miss them too Jade, our little family was ripped apart, destroyed but look at the family we have now. You dont need to worry about me Kiara, I know you wont believe me, but I am happy. I have brothers, they cannot replace the ones before them no one ever could, but I am not alone, and neither are you. And no matter what we will always have each other. I love you Jade.

I know Cole, I love you too.


The memory hit her hard and unexpectedly. There she was sitting talking trying to make sense of everything, trying not to lose what little precious control she had on her emotions and the memory of her and Cole spending some time alone talking slammed into her so hard she nearly fell from Losas lap. If she had know then just how short his time was she would have locked him away somewhere, anywhere. He was the last of the Connors in a sense, the last of the her close knit perfectly imperfect family, he promised her no matter what they would always have each other and he lied to her face. Swallowing the hard lump in her throat she forced herself not to fly into hysterics. The last thing she needed or Losa needed was for her to lose it, there would be no Cole to rail against, to come in and calm her down or to talk to Losa when she said something stupid that would hurt him.

We're stronger than we were before, I'm stronger than I was before. We'll be lucky if we ever see Oriana again. Kain can only be pushed so far and you have to understand Mara damn near raised him, she found him when he was just a kid and took him under her wing, he had always been her little one, and not only are she and Griffon gone but Oriana was nearly destroyed. Ori is everything to Kain there is no way he's letting her out of his sight for a long long time and because he is everything to her she is going to do exactly what he says, which she should. She never should have been here in the first place. When everything started going wrong, when she started changing we should have made her go home and stay there. She blames herself for what happened to Cole. Dammit Losa the first thing she said to me was she was sorry she couldn't keep him safe. Who the hell says something like that when they just watched a demon kill their parents? Theres still so much that needs to be done. Has anyone even thought to check on Ari or Jacob or are we all too damn wrapped up in demons to stop and think about anyone else but ourselves? Do you know how it feels to lose people that I have known almost the whole of my life? It feels no different than it did when I lost my father, my brothers, when I thought we lost Rayne. The only thing I have felt that has been worse than this is when I lost Shade, when I thought I really had you killed and when Kristian died. But this isn't going to break me, it can't, if it does then I have learned nothing from losing everyone before Cole. Don't misunderstand, I do hurt like hell but I cannot break, I am angry as hell but I have to try and keep it under control it's what Cole would expect from me, what they all would expect from me. I'm better than what I let myself become when I give in so giving in is not an option.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:35 pm

He looked at her and ran his fingers through her hair. Thinking about all that she said he knew she was right.

Condrik is with his wife and I wanted to give them time and needed to be with you. Quinn and Katie and the rest of Ryders are surrounding Jacob I know Cade was talking about going over there once we were done talking to her father earlier. It is still hard to wrap things around everything. I know you are stronger Kiara, we will get through this but we also know what a loss Cole is. I know he was the last of the family that you grew up with. I would have done anything to protect him if I could have. None of it should have happened. Toras is feeling guilty over all of it too. He did not know what his son and his sons mother were up to. Hell he did not know anything until after they died. He did come as soon as he could but it was too damn late.


How could some just be so out to cause so much pain to others and for no real reason other than to make others follow what they want. He sighed and looked at her.

We are stronger and we continue to go and grow together. Cole would expect us to do some things but falling apart is not one of them. I know it hurts like hell for you Spitfire because I know what it feels like for me and I know your love for Cole was much stronger. I know you are angry and you have the right to be but you are right we do need to control it.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Valiant Panton » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:42 pm

I wish there was something that I could do for you Rayne but I do not know the words that will help any of this. But know I am here and will listen to anything that you need from me. I was thinking about it. Do you think we should go check on Gabriel or do you think it would be too painful for him? I would even trust you to go on your own if you needed to do it that way but would prefer to be with just so that I could be there for you.

His fingers ran through her hair and played with it and her ears. He kissed her and looked at her.

I know rest will not be easy Rayne but you need to rest at least some will do no one any good to burn out know what I mean.


He held her to him and ran a hand along her back. He truly was not worried about what would happen if she saw Gabriel again for he knew that she was with him and that she loved him. He never knew that hearing something like that would get to the very core of him.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
User avatar
Valiant Panton
Stablehand
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:04 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Tierney » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:42 pm

I don't believe adjusting to how much was lost will be easy but what I do believe is that there is a great deal of love for one another in this family even if some cannot show that love as easily as others, and that will be the glue that keeps everyone together, and focused. Everyone needs time and understanding, patience with one another will play a great part in the coming weeks and maybe even months. Some of us need to understand that the lives lost here were knit so intricately with others that there are going to be moments of grief so strong some might lash out. No one should be judged for how they might behave over the next few months.
When he said something about her growing old she gasped.
You did not really just ask me that Toras Deamons. Keep it up and I'll start acting like an old woman right now.
Tierney wasn't really upset but she feigned being completely appalled rather well and turned over in a huff. The whole of the day had been a little traumatizing for everyone involved, it was a good thing that she and Toras took time out for one another. That was something of a tradition of theirs that was started during their time on the run. No matter what was happening they always made time for one another even if it was just five minutes, it was five minutes they spent alone forgetting everything around them except one another.
User avatar
Tierney
Stablehand
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby TJ Deamons » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I know it is going to take time for everyone to heal and we will be there for our family as they would be there for us. Some big changes are coming the way here. I am sure more now than ever that we do need to stand by our family and stand with them as part of the order that is if you are wanting to do it as well. Will not do it without you.

He decided a change of subject would be good for them and for them to have their time.

If you start acting like an old woman I know that all I have to do is this.

He leaned and nipped at her neck and let his hands trail to places that he knew could light a fire in her and he grinned.

You could start acting like an old woman but how are we going to have a baby if you start acting like an old woman all of a sudden huh tell me that one. Also how could you even think of wanting to act like an old woman when you got me here
User avatar
TJ Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:40 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Raynalia » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 pm

The elf and Valiant were walking the halls doing the nightly checks of the Hall, Rayne wouldn't let Kiara pick up like nothing had happened at all, the elf knew the red head well and what she needed was to be alone with Losa. Rayne herself had learned to handle her grief in ways that were more productive than she might have done those few short years ago. Life experiences somehow made it more bearable to deal with death. The irony was almost amusing. Valiant stopped her on the third floor near the stairwell and wrapped her up in his arms. She listened to all that he said and she smiled softly at him.
I'm fine Val, really, just keeping watch over everything for Jade and Losa for a little while. Jade needs time to let what happened really sink in, she needs to grieve with Losa and they can't do that if they are worrying about everyone else. There aren't words that anyone could say to help, it is not words that are important, it's what we do that matters and you are doing everything by just being here with me, being here for me. Boy Con should be hear to listen to you and maybe see what I was talking about when I told him you were a good man. Gabriel needs Oriana right now, seeing me would only make it worse for him and I cannot do that to him. I will have to go to Astrail once Oriana lets us know when her parents will be laid to rest. You know she might not even tell anyone when that time comes. Before there was me, Kiara and Oriana, there was Oriana and Gabriel. They have always been each others greatest joy, and greatest sorrow, they have also always been each others greatest strength. I can't say what either of them are going to do but Oriana knows Kiara and I will always be here when she needs us. Right now this is where I need to be, not only for Kiara but for myself. I need to be here with you watching over me while I watch over this family.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Valiant Panton » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Then this is where we will be then and I will be with you doing as you need. But you need rest as well so now that the checks are done I am insisting that you go lay down with me we will get up and take another look around later if need be. But you are going to rest.

He lifted her up and brought her to the room over his shoulder and put her down and kissed her.

No arguing with me because I want you to rest. This has been a long hard day on everyone and I am not letting my wife run her self into the ground


He looked at her and smiled gently and touched her face.

In the morning you will need to check on Cori as well you and Con have one amazing child there.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
User avatar
Valiant Panton
Stablehand
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:04 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Tierney » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Don't you ever say another word about my arrogance again Toras. That has to be one of the most cocky, arrogant statements I think I have ever heard pass from your lips.
Tierney laughed at him but that laughter died the more he touched her. He always managed to know when their conversations were starting to become too serious, sometimes she thought he distracted her on purpose because he knew if they delved too deeply into serious matters then there would be no room for anything else in the night before it would be time to sleep.
You truly are a demon or is fiend a more appropriate word. If I started acting like an old lady now, you know that lie would not last long at all. Wait a minute... even after all you've seen happen here you still want to try for a child of our own? I didn't think you would seeing how easily life can be taken within these walls. If you still want to try, I'm not objecting at all, and yes ves' tacha we do need stand by our family. I cannot think of a better way to do that than by being part of the order.
User avatar
Tierney
Stablehand
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby TJ Deamons » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:21 pm

What was so arrogant was just asking how you could want to act like an old woman with me here. I mean if you want me to stop all the attention I am giving you I could you know. Then where would we be? Of course I want a child with you, here or anywhere life could be taken so easily. But look at Losa and Kiara after all their losses they still bring life to this world. Even after their son was killed before being able to really see the world like he should have. So yes I want children with you.

He smiled and leaned and kissed her again.

We will let Kiara know once things are taken care of. I love you Tierney and I want children with you especially one like her Mama.
User avatar
TJ Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:40 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Now the question is how to keep it under control. You can run as a wolf if you want to, you can get angry and go demon if you want to, what can I do? What do I have that can keep me in line and focused but still give me that outlet so I can vent without snapping completely Losa?

She was starting to get frustrated, she wasn't going to lose it, but she was just a mere human after all and frustration came with the package especially after all that they had been through, not just that night but so many days and nights before.

I would love nothing more than to break someones neck right now did you know that? Before this would be the time where I'd be breaking some sort of furniture or destroying a room. Before Alec would fight with me I mean literally fight with me, bloody noses, broken bones the whole thing, a full out brawl, when he died Cole took over his role but he went about it differently you know that you've seen what he would do. Now what do I do? I'm sorry Losa I just don't care right now about how guilty Toras is feeling when our mage is in Astrail probably letting her guilt that she shouldn't be feeling eat her alive. I don't know Toras other than somehow he is your kin, other than that he doesn't mean a damn thing to me, I can't worry over him when Oriana is dying inside, when her parents are dead and Cole is gone. Right now this isn't about him. Maybe in a few days I can think about how he feels once Cole is buried and I've seen Ori, but until then let his guilt eat at him.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:52 pm

I was only making a statement love. My concern lays with you and our family as a whole. For Oriana who has always been there for us, for those that were lost and all that loved them. I was just thinking at the same time. I got an idea of something you do, you can run love maybe not as a wolf but you are strong and fast all that extra running you did saw to that. We can do whatever you need to, to let it out. Hell if you need something to chase we could always play catch the wolf though after what happened in Firyon that is one place I do not think I am going running anymore. I mean after all what was the most laps you had to run a hundred fifty two hundred. Plus we do have things you can hit to take out anger on without destroying something or someone. I think I like the wolf better than the demon least I never get told I am an ugly ass wolf. I do not know how many people have told me I was an ugly ass demon. I can not imagine what Gabriel or Oriana is going through to lose their parents like that. Especially whereas what they were doing was protecting their family, and extended family. I do not want anyone's guilt to eat them alive I know how much that can be on someone. When you go to see Oriana I would like to go too if you do not mind unless it is something you feel you need to do on your own.

He held on to her and looked at her his fingers running through her hair.

Wonder how long it would take you to catch up to me in wolf form.


He was not sure how to help his wife and he looked at her. He knew how she had taken out some of what was pent up in the time of the fallen

I will do whatever you need to love, hell if you need to hit something hit me if nothing else will do. Though if you need to brawl not sure who we could get that could handle you.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Maybe she was biting off more than she could chew, maybe not, but Kiara had a theory and she wanted to test it. One of two things was going to happen, either she was going to end up getting scared into dropping dead or she was going to be able to get passed her newest fear and find that outlet she was looking for. She eyed Losa carefully and untangled herself from his arms. Going to the balcony she dropped down to the ground below. When he stepped out onto the balcony she called up to him.

Just how pissed do you need to be demon king? Or do you think you can actually change at will? You know I've got plenty of ammunition I could use to piss you off if that's what it will take. Why? Because I want to see just how much control you've gained over yourself or if you will still let something, someone else control you.

Pulling her hair up Kiara knew damn well she was treading on dangerous ground, thin ice so to speak.

Well? You wondered who would be able to handle me in a brawl and the answer to that is you. Of course you are going to have to catch me first which could really be a problem for you. So where should I start hmm? Do I go in for the kill right away and bait you slowly? Do I take the knife and just plunge it in or do I twist it a little? I think twisting sounds good to me.

She looked up at him her anger hadn't taken control of her yet but it was starting to creep up on her nearly reaching that point and it had to be stopped. She started off going for the throat so to speak she knew she was really going to be pushing him she just hoped when all was said and done that he understood she was lying through her teeth, she just needed for whatever reason to see the demon, see what he was capable of. In a way it was her way of getting to know an enemy, not that Losa was the enemy but he was the safest bet she wouldn't die and she needed to know to learn as much as she could about going against a demon incase they were ever attacked the way they had been that day. She was a blur of different needs and come morning every single last one of them were going to be met.

They say we hurt the ones we love the most, I don't think truer words were ever spoken. Did you know that Toras' son actually asked me out of you and your brother which of you was able to satisfy me best. I should have told him neither that it was actually Gray, but I told him that Dakota brought me pleasure in ways the demon probably couldn't even understand. Do you know how good it felt taking him to my bed knowing I was tearing your heart out? Or how much it pleased me to have you following my every move knowing another man had touched me? In a way your damn lucky the man was stupid enough to get on my bad side you really have no idea what I had in store for you back then. Twisted doesn't even begin to cover it. Just think about it I'm sure you could figure it out.

She started backing away grinning taunting him with every move she made, what the hell came over her and why she needed to see the demon again so badly was beyond her, she just knew she had to see him again and if she pushed the right buttons, she would get her wish.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:34 pm

I think Kiara that you are afraid you would not be able to catch me in either of my forms. I think you would be too damn scared to chase the demon. I think you are too weak to chase the demon. You could not handle tangling with the demon.

He was baiting her right back he was not angry but he knew what she needed from him. He thought of what Toras said about changing he had actually pulled Losa aside and told him something else. So she wanted the demon to mess with she was going to have it. He jumped down and started to change before he did he winked at her as he was changing and he stood there in demon form. Knowing that would start the chase. He knew the lands well now so he was able to go through more areas running after her. He also would not hurt her but knew she needed the outlet and in demon form he was stronger and quicker.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:32 am

Anchored to the ground Kiara listened and more importantly she watched. Seeing the transformation in its entirety helped ease alot of the fear she was harboring, oh it was still there but not as strong. She stood her ground, her legs were braced apart, her hands were on her hips. She was scared there was no convincing herself otherwise however she was anything but weak, she did have to reign in her first reaction and keep herself from going for her daggers, hell they were both lucky she didn't have a katana within reach. It was a little known fact to many that Kiara had been well trained in the art of the ancient sword, Drefan had found out first hand just how trained she was, that battle was one that people talked about for years. She wasn't fighting with Drefan now though was she? The words of her one time lover and former enemy as well as teacher came back to her.

Being over emotional makes you predictable, readable, and easily beatable.

Oh she was sure the demon knew at least half of what she was going to do, the other half however she kept to herself like a well guarded secret. She needed this, needed the hunt even if she was to be the hunted, Losa in any form would not fail her. She took off running to the forest, if they were going to play she had to make sure that none of the children saw them, if Aidan saw his mother going toe to toe with a demon she was sure the damage done to his psyche would be irreparable. All her years of training with her father and after did make her fast, she could run like the elves with their natural speed and keep up with them. She didn't know how fast a demon could run though, she was going to find out. Weaving between trees she could hear him behind her giving chase, her heartbeat was strangely steady, her breathing even and calm. She maneuvered through the forest bringing him further away from the Hall. She could still hear him but he sounded farther away, and a thought came to mind. She might have been dressed in her black garb but her hair was probably shining like a damn fire in the night. Nodding to herself she cut backtracking until she near the creek that ran through the center of the woods. She stopped long enough to dunk her head into the muddy waters, with her hands she dug to the bottom of the creek bringing up clumps of mud smothering her hair with it. Something else can to mind and she nearly gave up the chase. What had Lucius told her?

Simply put, you are unique, special Lady. There are many who possess the same will as you, their blood just as intoxicating, what makes you so different is the soul within this body, the fire that beats in this heart. There is a fire that burns brightly all around you Kiara Jade Connor, invisible to the human eye, but to my kind, to the many of the unnatural world you are a burning beacon. Your spirit, courage, strength, your passion, is sought by many, and is rivaled by none. You could not hide from them if you tried. You are light in the dark Kiara Jade.

Shit, if what he said was true it didn't matter where she hid or what she did to keep herself from being discovered, the Demon King was going to find her.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:51 am

He knew what she needed so he toyed with her a bit in demon form he was stronger and faster than in any other form. He ran after her making sure she knew where he was and when. After awhile he decided the game was enough he went for her. Once it was done and he hard her up he was looking at her and he grinned at her he lifted her up and to prove that he was in control he leaned and licked her face. The look on her face would have made him laugh if he was in his human form. He put her down and poked gently at her and swatted her back side with a grin. He wanted to see just how much playing she wanted to do and needed to do.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Raynalia » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:54 am

Arguing was going to be pointless and all it would accomplish would be tiring her out even more than she already was so the elf gave in. Not bothering to change she crawled into bed and would have fallen asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow except there was a very loud someone banging on the door and calling for her. She sat up with a heavy sigh, Valiant was already at the door getting ready to send away whoever it was but she stopped him. She had to.
Leave'em be Astald. Ye not be used ta the way it works 'round 'ere. Iffin' they be bangin' on the door means that Jade d'nay be in the Hall, an' the Elite have their orders not ta be disturbin Ari and Con. That just leaves me now that Cole be gone.
Getting out of bed and going to the door she opened it and right away the man standing in the hall bowed his head to her. She rolled her eyes.
Skip it Vincent, where be the fire?
My apologies Lady Shadowbain... Shadow... dammit Raynalia what the hell are we supposed to call you anyway?
She slapped him in the forehead.
Same thing I've always been called ye dolt... Rayne. Now can ye be gettin' on with it?
Right! Alright patrols came back, Mistress Kiara is running in the forest... from a demon. We they couldn't tell if it was Master Shadow or not..
Right there Rayne was ready to slam the door in his face. She had enough of damn demons. As much as she wanted to pretend she hadn't heard him if Kiara was out there and there was a demon chasing after her no one could just assume that it was Losa, it was too great a risk to stay and do nothing.
Dammit. Ye not be likin' what I be needin' ye ta do Vincent. Go to Stryder and Toras' rooms, tell them what you told me and let them know to meet me outside the gates of the Hall. If they try to argue tell them until Kiara and Losa are back in the Hall I'm in command on Kiaras orders, only you and I will know it's a lie, but if she is in trouble I'll be needin' them.
Right away Lady.
Rayne closed the door and started gathering up her daggers putting each one of them back in place, then started braiding her long flaxen hair. When she was done she tucked the braid down the back of her shirt, all the women of the Elite knew to keep their hair bound in one sense or another when they were on a mission or on duty, that way no one could grab them by it. She turned to Valiant and tried to smile.
No rest for the wicked round here darlin' and I am the wickedest one of them all don't ya know. Let's go find out what that woman has gotten herself into this time.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 am

Demon slobber that is just wrong.

Wiping her face when she was finally put down Kiara was really starting to get angry, really angry. It wasn't Losas fault really, she was pleased to see that he did have control of his human side when he was the demon but the way he played around with her like he would do when he was human was not helping. She needed a real fight, a real chase and she obviously wasn't going to get it from him not when he was so in control. The problem was if she pushed him hard enough to let go of that control, which she had no doubt she could do, he really could hurt her, maybe even kill her. Kiara could be cold and cruel to the point of being downright sadistic and evil but even she knew there were lines that were not meant to be crossed. Not only that she knew if she just said whatever came to mind he would know she was lying and brush it off. It was definitely a dangerous game she was trying to play. Sighing in defeat realizing she wasn't going to get all that anger out that was rolling around inside her she flopped down on the ground and flung herself backwards putting an arm over her eyes.

I give up.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:10 am

He turned back into human form and tackled her not hard or anything and he winked at her. He rolled with her on the ground and kissed her. He was not one for physically fighting with her because memories of the time he broke her hand would come back but hell he was trying to give her something anything to get her anger out. His wife needed something and he sure as hell was going to try and give her everything that she needed whatever he could.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:34 am

Payten fell asleep in a chair beside the bed in the room that was reserved for her and Aranor when they were there. She had been watching him sleeping running everything that happened in the last three days over and over in her head. In seventy two hours time, their daughter was born, Cyrandas son was born and the Hall of Shadows, no the family she married into came under attack by not one but three demons. Those attacks left behind deaths that rocked the family and brought ruin to a family that had become legendary through all of Avurlund. Everyone knew of the Shadowbains and their feats, those who didn't must have been living in a coma for decades. This is what Aranor wanted to come back to, a life that it seemed was filled with violence more than anything else. She fell asleep watching him sleep. Her heart was breaking all over again, if such a thing was possible. Sometime in the night she was gently shook from her sleep and a low voice whispered in her ear.

Payten wake up. Payten honey come on wake up.

Opening her eyes she saw her Pa in the light of the moon, she bolted up in the chair almost yelling.

Where's Ema Pa?

Richard put a finger to her lips.

Emalina is sleeping safe and well guarded in Firyon. Your brother has half the Siryan guard surrounding her... the other half is here Payten. I need to talk to you sweetheart.

Nodding her head Payten stood up out of the chair and motioned for her Pa to follow her into the hallway, she kept the door to the room opened enough so she could hear Aranors even breathing.

What's the matter Pa? Oh wait nevermind I know. Ya know what happened here and now your all worried and ready to whisk me back to Firyon aren't you?

He smiled a little and shook his head.

Not quite, believe me if I thought I had that kinda power over you girl I would be doing just that. No I'm just here because your brother is out of his mind with worry. Did you not hear me tell you he's sent half of the Siryan army here? There's no getting out of it Payten, as long as you are in Pallia they stay with you. My kind have guarded the royal family for centuries, we've only ever failed in our duties to four times, one of those times being your father. And I was worried for you little girl. I swear Payten if I would have known just how much danger you were getting yourself into marrying into this family... I know Aranor is a good man darlin' but does he really think after all this that living here is what is best for you or your daughter? Payten you could have been killed, if that demon would have gone after your husband I know you, you would have thrown yourself right into the middle of the madness and I'd be burying you just like Lady Dragonhand has to bury her family and the King and Queen have to bury their brother.

Payten couldn't look at him, if she did she would break down and she had enough to deal with, she didn't want to have to deal with tears.

This is what you woke me up for?

Richard grabbed his daughter pulling her close to his chest, Payten never noticed just how built her father was or how strong he was until that moment.

No, I came here to tell you I love you and I want what is best for you and for my granddaughter, whatever you decide that is I will be beside you the whole way as I have always been. I only hope that others can really and truly see your worth and how important it is that you are happy and safe.

I know you love me Pa, I love you too. It's late Pa and I am so tired, please Daddy go back to Firyon with Ema, I can't be there with her right now she needs you.

Unwrapping herself from her fathers arms Payten kissed his cheek and slipped quietly back into the room. She went back into the chair.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron