by Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 am
I'm thinking about what would be best for Ema that's all. What is so wrong with us, all of us spending equal time in both kingdoms? Like it or not this a part of me too. I'm sorry Aranor I'm only half human, and I'm doing the best I can too. I'm going to see my brother. Go to bed Aranor Shadow.
This time Payten did walk out of the room but she told him where she was going to be so he didn't end up tearing into her for taking off and not telling him where she was at. She found Payne in his private study, he was at the door before she even knocked.
You looked pissed Payten, what happened?
Payten stormed into the room, flopped down in a chair and let out a string of very unladylike words because she forgot she had been sliced opened like a prized pig.
Son of a bitch if I tore any of these damn stitches! What happened? Hell Payne I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you or not, wouldn't want his majesty to get all pissy that I was telling our business to anyone. Forget that your my twin and I should be able to talk to you about anything. Dammit Payne all I did was tell him I thought Ema should be raised equally between here and Pallia. Look at what happened to us? We knew who we were and where we were from but we didn't know a damn thing about Firyon...
Payne cut her off, he handed her a book.
Looks like what we knew about ourselves wasn't the entire truth either kiddo.
Payten read the page the book had been opened to, her eyes went wider and wider with every page she turned. The book dropped out of her hands and fell to the floor.
They weren't trying to kill us because our father was human? They were trying to kill us because he was the rightful heir to Firyon?! Payne!? And we... we knew each other?
A half breed, well he was more elven than human but it was that human part of him that made him a target. He was Crown Prince of Firyon Payten, not our mother, they were married here in this very palace and that's when she became Crown Princess. We were born here raised here til we were six Payten. That was over a hundred years ago...
But how? How could Richard have married my mother and how could he be...
You know of Siryans?
Of course... Wait! My Pa is a Siryan?! But Siryans serve as part of our...
As part of our guard. Your mother and Richard took us and separated us after our father was killed and our Grandfather, our mothers father took the throne for himself. They went to a Siryan mage who altered our memories Payten so that we wouldn't remember each other, so that we wouldn't remember watching our father murdered or the chaos that ensued. Those marks on our bodies... our father had those put there shortly before he was killed. He knew there was plot against him, against us. Our mother, our father, your Pa and Nelson my adopted father,who were our personals guard came up with this plan to protect us.
Stunned Payten looked at her twin like he had grown another head.
But why lie to us all these years? And why did they want us dead? Oh wait I take that back, kill the Crown Prince and his heirs so they could keep their hold on Firyon, but then why did they come after me?
There were no other heirs and our cousin Andear actually saw you once in Pallia, he came through as a rogue elf Payten, he saw you and knew right away who you were, he wanted to create a pure blood, our human blood would have been diluted to nothing if you bore his child.
She sank into the back of the chair. Their history had changed but yet it did nothing to change the present or their future, all it did was cement that Payne was the true heir of Firyon, that if she chose to be, she was the true heir of Firyon.
Does this really change anything Payne?
Not a damn bit. We just know the truth now, the whole truth not just what our parents wanted us to hear.
What was she supposed to say to that? She really didn't have anything she could say. When she did go back to Pallia if she didn't see her father before hand, he was going to be in some deep shit for lying to her and then she was going to give him the biggest hug and kiss ever because he had for the whole of her life watched over her and protected her and for the first six years of his life, Richard protected Payne. They spent a few more hours talking and didn't stop until Payne ordered her to bed. When she went back to the suite she slipped inside quietly and found Aranor sitting next to their daughters cradle holding her. Both of them were sleeping, it was a sight to see and made her smile some. Carefully she took the baby and tucked her into her cradle then took Aranors hand whispering softly pulling him out of the chair gently so she didn't startle him too much.
You can't sleep in a chair all night Aranor.