Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:27 am

I'll not be put through another mess like this again do you hear me Aranor Shadow? I mean it! You lose your damn mind like this again and all bets are off I'll gladly strangle ya til ya turn purple and your damn head pops off!

Perfect little Payten died when Aranor broke her heart and in a way Payten felt more like herself than she had in a while, even the way she was talking changed back more to the way she had when she first met Aranor. How hysterically funny she thought it was that in no time at all she had gone from being hurt beyond all reason to being a mother to threatening murder.

And just so we are clear about something Aranor, right now I want to stay in Firyon, I need to be here, I want to be here. You better not even think of going back to Pallia unless it's to check in on those people and to tell'em no ones died over here. Ya heard me right now they are just those people. We'll get to where you want to go I promise believe me we will I don't plan on going back to Pallia for at least a month and if people don't like it they can kiss my half breed ass! We need our time and part of that is going to be spent with you learning about that part of me I know so little about with me. Your a damn Prince of Firyon anyway how would it look if we just up and left after the hysterics I threw the entire palace in. Oh and one more thing. You are gonna talk to Payne and make nice. I heard what you said to him, your damn lucky I couldn't knock you out just then he wasn't being a jerk he was just oh nevermind. Yanno what I'm not gonna tell ya what to do with him. I love you you stupid ass man gods help me I just hope ya know what your gettin' yourself into dealin' with the likes of me!
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:46 am

Hey now those people back there are your family too ya know. I am sure your Pa would like to know his grandchild was born. I will go back and let them know that no one has died or anything like that but that the most beautiful baby in the world has been born. You know I thought of something your ears and my eyes and we are going to have to protect her from all the suitors.

He laughed for a moment wrapping her up in his arms and kissing her forehead gently.

I love you Payten and we will not have another time like this. Was going to say I should go back let them know and come back with some things.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:55 am

He smiled and signed the sheet for their son and then was talking to her. Garrett did not make much sense to him.

I will go and see what is going on there in a little bit with them so go relax garrett and will let you know when I know something about Payten go relax a little bit
.

He smiled at the man and then he really did not want to go.

How bout we finish with some of these that can get taken care of by them.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:57 am

Fine fine, they aren't those people alright? Go on and tell'em then, would be nice if you could bring something back with ya for me. Honest to gods I miss the hell outta Cade, I know she's all worried about her mom maybe she could use a little break? Yanno with the way y'all move and everything she could come just for an afternoon couldn't she? I've got something I need to talk her about anyway now that you're done being an ass and I can think without feelin' like I'm dying.

The baby started fussing a little and Payten soothed her using low hushed tones.

Help me get up offa this thing Bright Eyes, Ema's hungry and I want our little highness cozy and comfy while she eats not stuck on some couch.

He helped her off the couch and tucked them both into the bed. Already Payten felt like everything was going to be alright, she looked down at her daughter feeding and ran her fingers over her curls.

I can't believe this poor baby has my hair. Honest to gods I came out with this hair Aranor, they thought something was wrong with me, but Marm said my hair got that way cause even in the womb I was messin' with magic...

Realizing what she said her head snapped up, her dark eyes went wide.

Holy shit it was Ema! You don't think... I mean last night I told you I don't know how it happened... and look at her hair!

Looking down at her daugher again Payten started laughing.

Already giving your father heart attacks Emalina?

Payten swore she saw her daughters eyes laughing at her.

To hell with dealin' with the likes of me Aranor, I hope your ready to deal with the likes of her.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 am

He laughed slightly and leaned and kissed her then kissed the top of his daughter's head.

That is playing dirty lil one just cause I can not get mad at you yet. Now I will give Cade an invite but will have to see what is going on. I had told you before I wanted to learn more about here and all. I will be back soon my love.


He went back and went to find Cade no surprise he found Cade and Cross together.

Might want to spread the word you two the baby is named Emalina and baby and Momma are fine just came to get a few things and oh Cade for some reason that crazy wife of mine misses you and wants you to come visit sometime.


He came back with some of their stuff that would need.

Now question is what room are we going to be using so I know where to put all of these things.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cross » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Okay, Payten is fine, baby girl is fine, hey! Not another damn boy, who gets to tell Cori? Come on Cade, let's get you to your mother, I have something I need to take care of.
Cross left Cade with her mother, a few minutes later Garrett was heard bellowing his brothers name.
What the fuck Cross! You broke my nose!
You ever scare the hell out of any of us like that again and it'll be your damn neck! Paytens fine Garrett, she and Aranor have a baby girl, Emalina. Make sure you have it right when you run around like the town cryer you damn hen.
Cross goaded his brother into coming after him, the two raced through the hall and stopped only when Cross stood in front of Dustys room with his hand on the latch grinning.
Go ahead start with me here, see how fast you get knocked on your ass.
Garrett holding his nose glowered at his brother.
Asshole.
And it works so well for me. Go tell the old man and Uncle Richard, tell Jacob to breathe again Garrett. Seriously the next time you hear something make sure you know everything before you tell anyone else, this was one scare we could have done without.
With that being said Cross slipped in the room and went to Cade putting his arm around her.
You know it might not be such a bad idea if you go to Firyon for just a day or two Cade. You need the break. I know you want to be here, I don't blame you but I'm just looking out for my own. A little time away wouldn't hurt you.
User avatar
Cross
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:21 am

This isn't over yet Aranor, we still have a bit of a way to go. You need to get it into your head that ya can't just say you're sorry and that makes it all better. If I didn't love you half as much as I do I wouldn't even bother with any of this, the only thing I would make sure happened was you had twenty four hour a day seven day week access to Emalina.

Payten was waiting for him at the door to their suite of rooms. She had to make sure for herself that he really understood what was happening. She loved him and of course she wasn't stupid enough to walk away from him but she wasn't stupid enough to fall at his feet forgiving all. He really hurt her. It was really hard not to keep score so to speak, that wasn't what she was trying to do at all. After Nash, gods that seemed like another lifetime ago, she swore she'd never be that stupid again then here comes this man and when she wasn't on guard kissed her heart right out of her and into his hands. That same man crushed that heart. They, she, had to to start somewhere so they wouldn't lose what they had.

We're staying right here in our suite Aranor where else did you think we would be?

User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby GraceAnne » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:04 am

If this is what Kiara and Kristian were like at your childrens ages no wonder... Kira! Bryce would you stop her from trying to stab her brother!
GraceAnne was fit to be tied. Kira and Jonathan Connor were in the middle of another of their epic battles, a battle that happened at least four times throughout the day. When Grace and Bryce first arrived in Livingstone Grace had been worried that their sudden appearance and the news they brought was going to create havoc. After seeing Bryce with his adopted niece and nephew and meeting the twins mother GraceAnne knew taking the little family back to Pallia was the only thing they could do. Hearing Kristians wife talk about him, hearing her talk about Kiara like the assassin was Kristians whole world next to his own family caused a small pang of sadness in GraceAnne for her friend and Mistress. Meeting the children had been an experience Grace would never forget. The moment their mother called for them they started fighting, GraceAnne felt like she stepped back in time and was seeing Kiara and Kristian when they were young. They had been in Livingstone for two months and Grace had gotten to know the family well.
I'm sorry Natalie, I didn't mean to overstep.
The woman she was talking to had curly hair as black as pitch and eyes such a dark blue the could have almost been violet. The first time GraceAnne saw Kristian Connors wife she almost keeled over and shot Bryce a scathing looking. He could have warned her that they would be meeting with a woman that could have passed for Oriana Dragonhands sister. GraceAnne had heard the stories about Kristian always chasing after the mage when they were younger, that chase ended as soon as Kristian knew Oriana loved Kain. It was an amazing thing to GraceAnne to be sitting there with the woman who had cried a little learning of her husbands death but really didn't have any other reaction. Kristians twins stood tall and nodded their heads not shedding a tear for their father, instead they spoke of how their father met with an honorable death and they were proud to bear his name. Hell they really were clones of Kiara and Kristian from their fiery hair, to their emerald green eyes right down to their freckles and their attitudes. Natalie Connor was bouncing Chase on her knee, the woman smiled at Grace while they watched Bryce attempting to wrangle the twins together.
You don't need to apologize GraceAnne. Kris starting teaching them all he knew the instant they could stand on their own two feet. They are excited to meet their fathers sister. We've heard stories, talk of the Elite Shadows has reached as far as here and beyond, I just never put two and two together. Kristian would talk of his sister often especially to the twins I don't know why I didn't make the connection.
GraceAnne reached over to pinch her sons chubby cheek, Chase was already zooming with the help of anyone who would take him, forget walking he was ready to run.
No need to worry Natalie. Kiara knows about your family and that is why she sent us. You know that. I'm glad you've agreed to come to Pallia, I think it would do everyone on both sides to know all of Kristian. We should get the children into bed though, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.
After the women got their children settled into bed and said goodnight to all of them Grace stayed up to talk with Natalie a little more then found her husband sitting outside on the wooden fence surrounding the Connor house looking at the night sky. With a small jump she joined him on the fence.
A kiss for your thoughts Bowers? What's up Devil you've been a little quiet today. You aren't worried about leaving tomorrow are you?
User avatar
GraceAnne
Stablehand
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 am

Well did not know if all things considered if you would want me in the suite. I know I screwed up and I know the end has not come yet. But I also know that we are going to be ok. I know you would have given me access to her as you say but I do not want just access to her. He looked to their daughter and smiled at her.

She is going to look more like you in most ways. Which is a good thing.


He smiled slowly at his wife and kissed the top of her head. He followed her and their daughter inside to the suit and got the things ready for their daughter that woudl be needed still was hard to believe.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:03 am

I just worry about her waking up alone Cross. I do not want her left alone I will visit Payten soon. We have all been so crazy lately. I just know that something told me a different story in Aranor's eyes. It could not be helped but noticed. I know you worry about me Cross, and I am ok just worried about Mom she should have woken up by now shouldn't she have?

She did want to go and see Payten but knew right now might not be the best time. She smiled and leaned into his arms.
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 am

We'll all be staying here, where we'll all be sleeping now that's a different story. Have you looked around at all? There are other rooms connected to this one, just like a little house. Bet you didn't notice the bed in the other room huh? That ones yours. I'll be sleepin' in my own bed tonight. I'm not playin' games or actin' like a spoiled princess, I do love you but I have to get over this hurt and you need to understand that is something I have to do for myself. All the sorries in the world all the pretty words can sink into my head and they only go so far with my heart.

Ema fell asleep so Payten went to the bassinet with the light pink satin streaming down on both sides. It was a cradle fit for a princess. Payten tucked the baby in and stared down at her in awe and wonder that Ema was really there, Emalina became Paytens whole world the moment she was put in her arms. Emalina was the reason she turned to Aranor then laying another bit of news on him.

Do you understand just how special and important your daughter is? Think Aranor. We see her as the most wonderful thing in the world because we are her parents. Payne is already head over heels for her when he found out she was a girl he put his mages to work to create the most amazing room you have ever seen for her. Why wouldn't he? He is her Uncle and she will be coming to Firyon to see him. But there is more. Right now do you realize that your daughter is heir to Firyons throne? I won't have her raised like I was, in fear of her own people, of course when she gets older she will be able to make the choice for herself if Payne doesn't have children whether or not she wants to claim the throne but right now, our daughter is the most precious treasure in all of Firyon and she is going to know this world. She deserves to.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cross » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:31 am

Should she be awake by now? Hell if I know but I would think that with the hell she's been through and how much damage needed to be fixed that Juni and the old man are keeping her knocked out for a little while so her body can rest and heal on its own as much as possible without any sort of stress good or bad. If you're worried Cade go talk to the old man, you should know that by now you can talk to him about anything. As far as Payten goes, I'm sure she'll understand why you want to wait to visit. I just feel sorta bad for her. She pretty much went through her whole pregnancy alone, she didn't have people hovering and fussing over her like all the other women around here and when their babies were born everyone made such a big deal about it. I know it might have been different if the baby was born here, but yanno I hate to say it I don't think it would have been. I've got a feeling Jacob is going to be taking a trip very soon though, heard he went a little ape shit when he thought she was dead, and Noah had to nearly knock Nash out to get him to calm down. Don't know if Katie knows what happened. Anyway, let's go get the old man and see what he has to say after we go pay a visit to Randys big ape and little monkey.
User avatar
Cross
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:51 am

Why wouldn't she know this world. This is a part of her and a part of you. I agree with you that she should not be raised in fear of her own people. I know right now she would be the heir and therefore here she is the most special treasure they see. No one ever said she did not have a right to know this part of her world. She has many parts to her world and it is important that she know all of them. I would never think to keep her from knowing all the aspects of her world.

He did not know why it seemed she was acting like there were people that did not want her to know about Firyon because as far as he knew no one had a problem with it.

That is why I was asking about things Payne I figured I would not be sleeping with you and I understand that really. I think I am going to turn in unless you want to talk some more.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 am

Every baby that has been born here has been fussed over why would Emalina be any different? She is Aranor's daughter and Payten's daughter. So of course people would have been fussing over her Your Pa and brothers would have been, Richard would have been, then my family would have been. Don't you know that this family seems to thrive around fussing over every baby that comes into this world.

She smiled at him and kissed her.

I know I can talk to Pa about it but I did not want to upset him or anything. I just am worried about her and all you know. Please do not call him a big ape to his face I do not want to see the two of you get into a tangle.


She smiled and walked with him to go talk to his father about what was going on with her mother.
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:01 am

Go ahead and turn in. Believe it or not now that I am here I have a few matters I need to see to. For one Payne said he needed to talk to me, it sounded important but I know he wanted to wait until you and I reached some sort of middle ground. I think we've done that. You seem to have misunderstood me yet again Aranor. I was trying to make you understand that my time and Emalinas time would be spent equally here in Firyon and in Pallia. There is something else you should know. Ema wasn't born in Pallia, as far as laws go, she belongs to Firyon. Not that Payne would ever think to enforce that law, he would never hurt us by trying to keep her here and he would not do anything to offend Kiara and Losa either. I know there is an amendment in the treaty between Firyon and Pallia concerning me but I can't remember if there was one in their about our children.

How could something as simple as talking about their daughters heritage and birthright lead to another misunderstanding? Taking a breath Payten willed herself not to overreact again. Whatever was going to happen with her and Aranor was going to happen good or bad, she started preparing herself for both, she was not going to be caught off guard again so help her Gods.

User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:11 am

So does it not matter what works for me too? It should be a family decision as she is my child too. A child does not have to be born somewhere to belong to a kingdom she is my daughter as well Payten. You have already done and decided what you are going to do with our child without even talking to me about this. I would never do that to you but you are acting like I have no say in the raising of our child. I had made my home in Pallia so it makes it her home too and part of her heritage you have already decided we will not be going back there for a month at least without talking to me about it and I was agreeing to it because I believed our time would not just be spent here. My whole family is there in Pallia your family other than Payne is there, we need to talk about how we are going to raise our child and what is or is not going to work for us.

He was standing there looking at her. The more she talked the more he was being convinced that he was going to have no say in the raising of his daughter.

We said we would spend sometime here but we made our home in Pallia your father is there, your work is there and so is mine. Depending on how much of it I do or do not do will vary. Unless we are able to talk about things and reach agreements together things are not going to work out at all.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cross » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 am

Cade my dear sweet daughter, your mother is doing exactly what she needs to be doing. Cross was right, Juniper and I have put your mother into a medically induced coma. Hear me dear, it is not like the type of coma that one might suffer from as a result of injury or accident. This was done with the full knowledge that we could wake her anytime we wish, with all that has happened it was the best thing to do for your mother. Think on this dear. If your mother was allowed to wake while her family was dealing with demons what would she be doing? Trying to mother all of you and taking on more than she ever should. She would have done more harm to herself and Juniper and I as her primary physicians consulted with King Shadow and his Queen voicing our concerns and explaining what we thought needed to be done. He agreed to let it be done. I know you have been worried because so much time has gone by. Let me ease those worries dear. Juniper and I are going to examine her again this afternoon. If we are pleased with her progress then I will come for you and you can be there when we wake her. By nightfall she will be sitting up threatening to twist all these boys ears off.
Cross kept close to Cade while the old man explained everything about Dusty, at first when he felt Cade stiffen he thought he was going to have to restrain her but the old man in his usual calm way managed to get to her relax. The promise that Dusty would be awake by afternoon changed Cades entire stance and made Cross breathe a little easier too.
The old man excused himself saying that he had another patient to see to leaving Cross and Cade to visit with Stryder, he still wanted to see Cyranda. It was unbelievable to him that his cousin was laying at the bottom of the lake. Then there was Payten. He wanted to see his sister and his niece but Cade needed him, so his family affairs were going to have to wait.
User avatar
Cross
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 am

There you go again. Thinking your being shut out. So tell me Aranor? How will this work then? Ema and I can only come to Firyon when it works for you? When it's convenient for you and everyone else? Nice. Real nice. She is part of both worlds and deserves to know both equally. I was denied knowing this part of who I am and now that Ema is here I will not have her denied the opportunity to see and exist in both worlds just like I would not and did not deny you the chance to learn from one of the greatest Archmages of our time. We can make a home in both worlds, this isn't like with Kiara and Losa, Losa was trying to keep Kiara from her world and she was trying to make him a part of it. We can have both you just have to want both. Or is that not good for you? It's either Pallia and your family and what you want or nothing? I'm trying to understand just what it is your telling me here Aranor. Emalina is Crown Princess of Firyon and the fact that she was born here does matter, you do not know the laws yet you talk with such certainty like your word is law. I never said she wouldn't know Pallia as home you just love to twist my words don't you? Do you know what I did most days by myself Aranor? I found everything I could about Firyon, had Payne send me book after book after book and I read so much about these lands I could probably start ruling tomorrow and not skip a beat if I wanted to.

Great. Something so simple had to turn into something so damn complicated again. What was so wrong about her wanting their daughter to be able to live in both worlds? What was she supposed to do? Pack up, go back to Pallia and just tell her daughter stories of Firyon? Stories that Payten herself had only read in books? What a great way for any of them to learn of the elven lineage that mother and daughter were from.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Cade Daemons » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 am

Talking to Orion had put her at ease the old man always did seem to calm her. She leaned into cross as they walked and talked. She knew he was worried about other things as well.

We will go check on our nephew and then I know you want to go to the lake. Maybe we can go to Firyon together soon I know you will want to check on Payten yourself as well especially after what Garrett had been saying.


She smiled she knew that Cross's family was having times with things too and he was needed by them as well.

Well one thing is for sure we got one crazy family here in size especially
Last edited by Cade Daemons on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cade Daemons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 am

We talked about this Payten that we would spend some time here we never talked about half the time here half the time there. We made our home in Pallia as well or is that so easy to forget where our home is. I told you I want to learn about Firyon and that our child should know about it too it does not mean we have to be here half the time. I am being shut out when you make decisions that effect all of us without talking to me. You are going back against what we had talked about. It is not just my family that is in Pallia or have you forgot about the family that took you as a part of it as one of their own. All of a sudden it is just my family that is there do you really hear what you are saying. Do you really hear yourself that you are making decisions that we should be making together without even talking to me about it. I am not twisting your words Payten think about the things that you have been saying and how you have approached them. You are telling me how we are going to raise our child, do I not have a say in where my family lives and spends our time? I never said anything about denying her learning about this world but there was a reason why you were denied knowing this world. You were denied it because it was not safe for you. This has nothing to do with everyone else. This has to do with our part of the family, you, our child and me. You act like we did not talk about this before hand.

He looked at her and he just could not believe some of what she was saying. What in the hell did she expect him to think when she did not ask but told them their daughter and her would be spending half the time there.

I did not make my decision about learning from Oriana without talking to you, you agreed to it. You knew it would be keeping me away a lot but I still kept you knowing what was going on. I still was home in our bed with you each night. Why because it was important to me to be with you. It sounds more like you want to run the life of our child and I without even discussing it with me. Either you want things to work or you do not. I am committed to making things work, I know I screwed up but know what I am only human Payten. I am only one person who has some abilities that have come to be needed a lot as of late but it is not always that way. I did not leave you out of any of it did I?
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Bryce Bowers » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:04 am

Come on everyone Grace is right we have a bit of a journey ahead of us so we need to get some rest. Now no more of this hoodlum stuff ok. Come morning we will start out on our journey.

He smiled looking at the kids that he considered family and at his own son Chase.

Just want to make sure we all get some sleep. I know it is not going to be a short trip but wait until you see all of your family that is there.


He leaned and kissed his niece's cheek and the grinned.

Now this old man needs to go get some sleep as well


He laughed and walked with Chase and Grace to where they would sleep.
Sometimes we bring things about that we do not like the results of,
but if forewarned about it who's fault is it?
User avatar
Bryce Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 am

I'm thinking about what would be best for Ema that's all. What is so wrong with us, all of us spending equal time in both kingdoms? Like it or not this a part of me too. I'm sorry Aranor I'm only half human, and I'm doing the best I can too. I'm going to see my brother. Go to bed Aranor Shadow.

This time Payten did walk out of the room but she told him where she was going to be so he didn't end up tearing into her for taking off and not telling him where she was at. She found Payne in his private study, he was at the door before she even knocked.

You looked pissed Payten, what happened?

Payten stormed into the room, flopped down in a chair and let out a string of very unladylike words because she forgot she had been sliced opened like a prized pig.

Son of a bitch if I tore any of these damn stitches! What happened? Hell Payne I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you or not, wouldn't want his majesty to get all pissy that I was telling our business to anyone. Forget that your my twin and I should be able to talk to you about anything. Dammit Payne all I did was tell him I thought Ema should be raised equally between here and Pallia. Look at what happened to us? We knew who we were and where we were from but we didn't know a damn thing about Firyon...

Payne cut her off, he handed her a book.

Looks like what we knew about ourselves wasn't the entire truth either kiddo.

Payten read the page the book had been opened to, her eyes went wider and wider with every page she turned. The book dropped out of her hands and fell to the floor.

They weren't trying to kill us because our father was human? They were trying to kill us because he was the rightful heir to Firyon?! Payne!? And we... we knew each other?

A half breed, well he was more elven than human but it was that human part of him that made him a target. He was Crown Prince of Firyon Payten, not our mother, they were married here in this very palace and that's when she became Crown Princess. We were born here raised here til we were six Payten. That was over a hundred years ago...

But how? How could Richard have married my mother and how could he be...

You know of Siryans?

Of course... Wait! My Pa is a Siryan?! But Siryans serve as part of our...

As part of our guard. Your mother and Richard took us and separated us after our father was killed and our Grandfather, our mothers father took the throne for himself. They went to a Siryan mage who altered our memories Payten so that we wouldn't remember each other, so that we wouldn't remember watching our father murdered or the chaos that ensued. Those marks on our bodies... our father had those put there shortly before he was killed. He knew there was plot against him, against us. Our mother, our father, your Pa and Nelson my adopted father,who were our personals guard came up with this plan to protect us.

Stunned Payten looked at her twin like he had grown another head.

But why lie to us all these years? And why did they want us dead? Oh wait I take that back, kill the Crown Prince and his heirs so they could keep their hold on Firyon, but then why did they come after me?

There were no other heirs and our cousin Andear actually saw you once in Pallia, he came through as a rogue elf Payten, he saw you and knew right away who you were, he wanted to create a pure blood, our human blood would have been diluted to nothing if you bore his child.

She sank into the back of the chair. Their history had changed but yet it did nothing to change the present or their future, all it did was cement that Payne was the true heir of Firyon, that if she chose to be, she was the true heir of Firyon.

Does this really change anything Payne?

Not a damn bit. We just know the truth now, the whole truth not just what our parents wanted us to hear.

What was she supposed to say to that? She really didn't have anything she could say. When she did go back to Pallia if she didn't see her father before hand, he was going to be in some deep shit for lying to her and then she was going to give him the biggest hug and kiss ever because he had for the whole of her life watched over her and protected her and for the first six years of his life, Richard protected Payne. They spent a few more hours talking and didn't stop until Payne ordered her to bed. When she went back to the suite she slipped inside quietly and found Aranor sitting next to their daughters cradle holding her. Both of them were sleeping, it was a sight to see and made her smile some. Carefully she took the baby and tucked her into her cradle then took Aranors hand whispering softly pulling him out of the chair gently so she didn't startle him too much.

You can't sleep in a chair all night Aranor.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:50 am

What was wrong with it was simple enough, she had told him not asked him about the change of some time to half and half. How come she could not see how that could work against them as well. He sighed and went over and picked Emalina up a little later when she started to fuss and kissed his daughters head. He sat down with her and started to rock wtih her. He was fussing over his daughter and watched her go back to sleep and he stayed holding her. There was so much promise in their daughter. He did not plan on falling asleep holding her but that is what he had done. He heard Payten and got up his hand in hers. She was right he could not sleep like that he made his way towards the room he was told taht he was going to be sleeping in
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:22 am

Payten bid her husband goodnight after taking him from one room to the other. She left him to settle into bed on his own. There would be no sleep for her that night, emotional and physical pain would not allow her to rest. A life that had started so good, full of promise and dreams was turning into something she had always dreaded. What's more knowing the truth about who, what she was shook her in a way that her entire life was about to become undone. She more than a half breed, she was closer to being a full blooded elf than anything. What did Payne tell her when they were talking? Their father was a quarter human? That human part was cut in half in her and Payne. One hundred years ago she and Payne were part of a world they didn't remember. She always counted on her human half to keep her from watching everyone she loved from dying, it wasn't set in stone that she would not outlive her loved ones because of her human half but now it was fact. She was going to have to watch them all. And what about Richard? Siryans lived nearly as long if not longer as the elves of Firyon, how many lifetimes had he already lived that she knew nothing about? More now than ever it was so important to her that Ema know all of Firyon because in the end Emalina would watch her family waiting for them in Pallia fade away one by one and she would need her family in Firyon when it happened. Ema would need a place to be where she wasn't alone. Is this what her Pa meant when he asked Aranor if he could handle the likes of her? If she knew then what she knew now, would she have fallen so in love and dared to start a life with someone she would have to bury in what was nothing but a heartbeat to her kind? Maybe it was better if she let him go now, let him find someone normal, more human to share his life with. She asked Payne what knowing the truth changed, he said nothing but it changed everything. She loved Aranor more than she loved herself he deserved to find someone more like him, someone who could grow old with him and watch their children grow up and have children of their own, someone who wouldn't stay young while he aged and died. What would happen forty or fifty years from now when his dark hair turned grey and people thought she was his daughter or his grandchild? Was it fair for him to know his life was slipping away and she stayed the same? A new pain ripped through her cutting to her very soul. How could she watch him leave the world knowing she would walk the rest of her days in it without him? Wiping the tears that spilled down her cheeks she laid back against the pillows of their bed. Her mind was made up. In the morning she would tell him she couldn't stay with him. She would lie and tell him that during the night she had time to think and came to realize they were not meant to be, that they wanted different things out of life and that she didn't see anyway of working through them. She would shatter both their hearts but in time he would heal. Burying her face in the pillows to muffle the sounds of her sobs Payten cried herself to sleep.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:34 pm

He could not sleep how could he, he was too upset he knew even more was going on now. He heard his daughter wake so he got up with her and went back to the chair and sat talking with her. Rocking her back and forth gently again.

Hey little one don't worry everything will be ok. I know things are just a little stressed out right now but we will be ok. You want to know something Emalina you are one of the most loved babies. Wait until you meet the rest of your family. You got lots of cousins you got ten so far. You got a few uncles and all. So see you go a big family that does not even go into my cousins and their children. Rather large family. And did I tell you that you are going to be the apple of everyone's eyes. I am sure especially your cousin Cori she has been waiting for a girl cousin. She always makes it known. She is half elf and half human. So she will understand the things you are going through too.

He smiled and kissed her the top of her head.

Rest little one your Mama needs her rest and so do you.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users