hmmm, faiths could remain, but maybe we could have interfaith fighting, like rival sects of Barnabus feuding for the true interpretation of his words.
Grizz ... you posting out of character bothers me to no end.
And who says this doesn't happen already? Followers of the same faith may war with each other, but that does not usually happen until one (guild, person, portion of the faith) gets so pissed at the other they begin to cause anarchy. Anarchy is the creation of the gods. The god of Chaos to be exact. Leto. So one guild gets pissed and leaves Barnabas and goes to Leto.
Ta da.
It is all how you see it happening.
Everyone remember Civilization or Master of Orion on PC? Yeah. Well it wasn't that terribly deep of a game but a lot of people (including me) took it further and deeper than it went. The reasoning behind it was that it was a simple game, but imposing your own changes and laws and rules upon your kingdom/nation/star empire was part of the fun.
Do that here.
Do it to yourself.
I have two members in my guild.
I don't care who they are or why they are playing. I told them to go scout and do stuff.
I am no leader right now.
If I had the time though, I would happily take them under my wing and breed another FOXFIRE to ravage the ages with.
I might even learn to run a chat.
A simpler game means we have more time for war ... which everyone wants.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony