~VV~ Velkyn Velve

- A place to put out a roll call for a long lost guild, and for long lost members to catch up.

Moderator: Voice Stone

~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Ford Prefect » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:49 pm

I was in this guild called Velkyn Velve I know many of you know them. Well they were the first guild to get me to start rp'ing.......boy was that a mistake. Anyway it was a great guild, with many great players and hey since I haven't seen a thread about them yet I made one so who else is still here from VV?
~Erin go braugh~
~D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.~
User avatar
Ford Prefect
Squire
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:54 am
Location: planet near Betelgeuse

Postby DininDarkstar » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:57 pm

im an old VV member from monarchy days never flew there banner in evernight though

Morituri Te Salutamus
"We who are about to die, will take you with us!"
User avatar
DininDarkstar
Peasant
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:14 pm
Location: marion,ohio

Postby 68guy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:54 pm

Dinin is a little shit. He's the reason VV disbanded, they were obviously high when they let him in.

*hides*
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
User avatar
68guy
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Marious- » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:06 pm

Im still using my old ~VV~ icon.. :o

I don't have any way to make new ones yet. :)
The Shadow Vengeance
User avatar
Marious-
Stablehand
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:28 am
Location: Just raced past you on one wheel.

Postby Belgarion » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:04 pm

I was in VV off and on during Cruella's reign I believe. I'm not sure how dinin got in. He can barely spell let alone make anything resembeling RP.
User avatar
Belgarion
Stablehand
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby JaenosJelantru » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:46 am

I was in VV for a short stint thanks to Marious.
Barnabas has returned | GM of Shadow Vengeance | Merc of MuM | Drow of TBL
There is a place where forgotten dreams live on and that place is Shadows Fall...
User avatar
JaenosJelantru
Peasant
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:51 am
Location: Tulsa, OK

Postby Biggles » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:26 pm

VV really went on a decline once RR got started, since they more or less leeched away all the talented folks.

They had a nice start, but after RR... well, they were just a mediocre guild trying to appeal to players by keeping a really old name. Calbrenar would be rolling over in his grave if he was in one.

At least LoF got better over time.

(And I believe I was a VV member for one age.)
If they don't want us masturbating in the library, why do they have all those books about fire trucks?
User avatar
Biggles
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Festering Pile of Rats

Postby Sunblade » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:03 am

As Zayin, right Biggles? Remember reading some of your RP (if that was you).

I was in VV for one age while it was led by Stargaze - I'd mark a big, big difference from that VV to the one which existed in Improv/Mo'Pri/Evernight.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
User avatar
Sunblade
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Kwaiq » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:17 am

Wasn't Khal, Zayin, biggles was Lorien or something
Anti-Hero | Your favorite players favorite player
C o m b r i c c o l a ... The original one man band.
User avatar
Kwaiq
Squire
 
Posts: 3722
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Colorado

Postby Sunblade » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:32 am

There was a Zayin and a Zain from what I remember. Or something.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
User avatar
Sunblade
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Biggles » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:51 am

I was Zain. Too many big nonsense fantasy words and overwrought emo plot lines. No one really knew how to RP with what I was doing, but that was mostly my fault for being so epic and not being in RR or something.
If they don't want us masturbating in the library, why do they have all those books about fire trucks?
User avatar
Biggles
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Festering Pile of Rats

Postby Khalistov » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:01 pm

I was Zayin, Sunny.
User avatar
Khalistov
Evernight Antagonist
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: 2nd Platoon, U.S. Very Special Forces

Postby Raknarak » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:50 am

Stargaze brought ~VV~ to Mo'Pri. It was still a decent RP guild and had some very well respected and skilled players. Things happened within the leadership, and in RL, so ~VV~ kind of went down. Though, from my time, I know that each member tried their best to keep ~VV~ a well respected guild with the best RP that the players could put forth.

With my Tkaro alt, I was in ~VV~ for a time, sponsored by Kyhera.
Lady Maven: "Rak is hot"

~Evernight's Best Villain~
User avatar
Raknarak
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Boring Unknown

Postby Euphractus » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:19 am

Yah I helped convince Stargaze to move VV to Mo'Pri. He was talking about disbanding the guild [which in hindsight might have been better], but I argued that he should move to Mo'Pri instead. I spent a lot of time convincing him how good Mo'Pri would be.

I feel kind of guilty about that, but at the time I was thinking that we (SoS and VV) could get some nice RP together and that would bring SG back. He was talking about how busy he was though so I should have known better.
User avatar
Euphractus
Armadillo King
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm

Postby Querion » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:27 am

Think I first joined ~VV~ when it move to Mo'pri, when Stargaze was still GM for a while. Stayed with ~VV~ till its disbandment after that. Were fun times, tho many a veteran have accused Cruella with the degradation of the Velve. I never saw it that way, it's always the people who are in the guild who define the quality. And according to my memory, the Velve still had one of the most solid players of those times....
@>~',~~~~~
User avatar
Querion
Peasant
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Postby Alex_Greystone » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:57 pm

Stargaze was one of my favorite people that played this game. He was a good guy.
"Our steel is sharp. Our memory is long."

Stone
Ba'al Hara'ah
Werran Fehtan
User avatar
Alex_Greystone
Peasant
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: Reisterstown, MD

Postby Khalistov » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:55 pm

From my perspective, there were 3 or 4 versions of ~VV~.

You'll find the people from the earliest ages citing the "real" ~Velkyn Velve~ being the core of some of the originals, people such as Calbrenar, Rhuin, Stargaze, Zin and Longtooth.

When I arrived in ~VV~ (as Zayin) in the age of Rebirth, the guild was quite formidable with the additions of folks like Murchad, Tanin al Vhor, Elyamak, Sien, Marquette, Elkor, and Skull. Zain came along in the next age, Tahnor. I identify the old ~VV~ with the folks in the guild around that time.

With the switch to Mo' Pri, some people tried to claim that the guild was not 'the guild that it used to be', which I disagree with to some extent (although I'll admit that it was a transitional stage for the guild in which many faces changed, and therefore may be called another version of ~VV~). Stargaze and Murchad were still there for a while, as were many others who were in the guild when I had joined. Stargaze faded off and Khyera took over as GM and I took over as AGM. Shortly thereafter I led what could be called a coup and overthrew Khyera because she was dictating to the players who they could and could not RP with. At that point we had people like Maverick, Venus, and CaerLith in ~VV~. The core of the Allusarian Knights (Glorfindel, Zahla (Verena), Cruella, and Marious) came over, as well as Von Rex and several others. The guild may not have been comprised of all of the originals, but it was still as skilled and dominant as it had been in Guilds. After I left, Von Rex took over, and then Cruella followed after him (to the best of memory). And most would probably agree that the latter years of Cruella's reign were yet again another version of ~VV~.

Although Cruella took a lot of blame for ~VV~ eventually not being the guild that it once was (years later), she was the longest standing GM of the guild, and earned her right to be recognized as such. Every other GM before her didn't last more than a couple of ages before passing the torch.

In conclusion, most of the players from the pre-Mo'Pri days are not around amy longer, while several of the Mo'Pir / Improv / Maxim ~VV~ players are still around.

(I believe that my recollection of the history is accurate, but hey, I'm getting old)


Zayin
~VV~
User avatar
Khalistov
Evernight Antagonist
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: 2nd Platoon, U.S. Very Special Forces

Postby Mykayla » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:09 pm

I was in ~VV~ for a short time under Cruella. I actually remained on the email list for a long while after I quit the guild. It was during that time that I got named VV Vixen (why..I don't know) and started my whole Mykayla as cheerleader gig.
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
User avatar
Mykayla
Squire
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dallas, TX USA

Postby Lathrop » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:12 pm

Nice walk down memory lane. I wasn't one of the original members, but joined up when Murchad was there and stayed with Cru for a while too.
Lathrop
Stablehand
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Lasher » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:40 am

Yup, I joined up when Zayin was leading.. Mav and V used to drag me everywhere.. NOW.. I own them instead :D

and then I think ~VV~ disbanded and we all joined Caer'Liths guild..
-Lash
I am Fervent
User avatar
Lasher
Peasant
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby SoulDemon » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:54 pm

I was in VV for real one of the last ages Rhuin led it. I think I may have toyed around in VV under stargazes rein as well. THere were times when DB would team up with VV under VV's guild banner for large wars agaisnt MECH and COR ;p


SG still visits here from time to time, surprised he hasn't posted. Just talked to him a few months ago on ICQ I believe.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby *Suvantar* » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:19 am

I always thought the decline of VV was largely due to the break in continuity that occurred when Mo'Pri was started. The guild was taken from a world where it had built up all of this history and plunked down into a newly starting world where it really didn't have that sort of identity.

In fact, I thought that was what happened to SoS as well. In addition, because its history was disrupted, it lost a good many of its roleplay partners because some guilds stayed in guilds and others moved to Mo'Pri.

Basically, you suck, Suv. - Zenpig 12/3/2005

Looking for Par'Mach in all the wrong places.

~LOF~
User avatar
*Suvantar*
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:12 pm
Location: My throne. In New Mexico. Which is a contradiction in terms.

It's been years.

Postby Stargaze » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:29 pm

It's funny, I live life at a much quicker pace now than I used to, and still there's always something that draws me back to this place from time to time. I could blame this phenomenon on simple memory...but it's more than that.

I just stumbled back here on a whim today. There's a lot of history here, and I've neither the audience nor the pomposity to retell it all now. I will say, in the interest of fairness, that I believe Cruella's role in ~VV~'s "decline" has historically been exaggerated. The guild was on a downward trend before that, and had survived rather than thrived on its past reputation for an age or two. It is, however, perhaps true that the transition to Mo'Pri was a watershed moment in ~VV~'s history. The funny thing is that at the time most of the members, and ~VV~'s most worthy and beloved partner guilds were making or debating the same transition. Despite our winning tradition, it turns out that perfection achieved, or at least something reasonably close, can be a very boring mode of existence.

Anyway...there are some familiar names in here. Nice to see you all. Now that stuff seems to be moving along at evernight, perhaps I will have to poke around a bit.

~Stargaze
~TFF~
Stargaze
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Euphractus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:37 pm

I've had a fondness in my heart for VV for most of my time here. I don't want to hijack the thread but did want to make a brief reply.


*Suvantar* wrote:I always thought the decline of VV was largely due to the break in continuity that occurred when Mo'Pri was started....

In fact, I thought that was what happened to SoS as well.


I can see why it might have seemed that way, but it wasn't the case for SoS at least. In fact initially Mo'Pri helped reinvigorate the the Suzerain.

I had been arguing for some time to disband the guild because we weren't putting in the time we needed to do a really good job. This was partly due to the loss of novelty. One of the selling points of Improv/Mo'Pri was that rule would be constantly changing. This was one of the key points (along with RP) that made us make the move rather than disband.

The fact that StarGaze was sounding like he would move VV there as well just sealed the deal because then we knew we'd have a good opponent (well not in the moral sense ;p)

Stargaze wrote:Despite our winning tradition, it turns out that perfection achieved, or at least something reasonably close, can be a very boring mode of existence.


I found the most fun in SoS was when we were unknowns and trying to prove ourselves. I can easily see why there could be a decline in interest by VV members given their established reputation.


Good to see you dropping by StarGaze. :)

Hope you are well
User avatar
Euphractus
Armadillo King
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm

Postby ~Ocelot~ » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:50 am

I did a short stint in the Velve. I remember Murchad for some reason the most. Man.. that seems like a long ass time ago.
~Ocelot~
~Forgotten Forever
-Here We Go Steelers !!!-
User avatar
~Ocelot~
Stablehand
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:12 pm
Location: Steeler Country

Next

Return to Guild Roll Call

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users