Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:18 pm

I knew it would come to this.
Tierney stopped walking and looked long and hard at her son, memorizing his face as if it might be the last time she would ever see him again. It wasn't that she doubted Talens abilities to take care of himself, she just knew the men in her family and the rage that would take hold of them, it was calm, quiet and deadly.
Talen... Yuletide is in two days, two days my love... do not make promises to your mother that you will not be able to keep. I know you have to take matters into your own hands now, but there is still so little for you to go on, I do not like the idea of my son running all over hell and creation possibly chasing ghosts.
She took his face between her hands and kept her eyes on his, when she looked at him she saw so much of Toras in those eyes, his strength, his passion, his loyalty, his love but most of all she saw his fierceness.
You are your fathers son. No... you can no longer sit back and do nothing, just like your father could not sit back and do nothing. This is your time now Talen but know this... I am not sending you out there alone. I will keep Dayle from following... it will not be so difficult to do especially once it's made clear that Jonathan will be staying at the house until you return... but you will have your father with you Talen. I will not bend on this my love. I have already lost one daughter and may have lost the other... I will not lose any more of my children and just as I understand that you are going to do what you must... you will understand that your father and I will do what we must.
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:32 pm

You know I will not break my word to you Mother. I never have and I never will you will see me on Yuletide. Even for just a short while I know how important it is for the family to be together. My father needs to stay here with you, you heard Jade on it. What if I took Ash with? You know Ash has improved greatly on things since dealing with things in Firyon. You know Father is not going to want to leave you and plus he and Aidan are out on something right now. You are right I can not wait, I would ask Elder but no one has seen Elder as of late.

He was pleading with his Mother he knew he might have to heighten the deal.

Hell I could take Ash and Phillip with for all I care. You know Ardis and Astrid are going to be all over this. I do not care about who I have to take with me I need to go and you and father need to take care of Audrey for you know he can make anyone feel safe and maybe she will be able to find something more. I will take father with me after the holidays are done if you still insist on it.


He was looking at her and he knew that if he waited for his father the colder the trail would get or could get. He also knew where to start and that was visiting his uncle Sj
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Devyn Deamons » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Devyns head snapped up, the bread she was kneading, no more like pounding into the counter was forgotten. Whenever Devyn was upset she baked, and over the last week between saying goodbye to Noble and trying to keep her brother from going off on a rampage on top of trying to keep Dayle from having a complete breakdown, the Deamons house was stocked full of bread, brownies, cookies and everything else one could think of.
Kyle...
She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Was he serious? Of course he was, Kyle was serious with everything he said and did, but to have him talk of joining the Elite, it made her heart almost jump through her chest.
What would I think? Christ how do I answer that? You have seen this life... why would you want to be a part of this madness more than you already are? Why?
She wiped her hands on a towel and went to him wrapping her arms around his waist. She knew why and those reasons made her rethink the position she had almost taken on the matter before her.
You don't have to prove anything to anyone, but I know how it bothers you still that some cannot see you for who you are rather than for what your brother and father did. If this is what you want Kyle you know I will stand beside you and support you every step of the way. My mother and father will stand and speak for you and will be there with their support... you are part of our family now Kyle. Even Lucky and Talen speak of you as a brother now.
She couldn't help the smirk and the cocky little smile that turned her mouth up when he talked of changing his name.
So you want to change your name do you? Well I for one do not have issues with the name you have now because it is your name... but here's something for you to think on... my parents look at you as another son... do all sons not carry their fathers names? Rather than rack your brain trying to find a name... take my fathers name Kyle as if you were his son... Kyle Deamons wouldn't be so bad would it? Unconventional as it is, the idea does have merit and as you have learned around here proper and convention are thrown out the window daily anyway. It's just a thought.
Devyn Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:01 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 pm

He thinks I'm dead?
Noble sank to her knees on the floor of the room clutching her stomach. It felt like any sliver of hope she had been clinging onto was cut away from her violently and she started to shake, partly because her body was telling her she had feed and partly because she could not fathom what Talen was going through now.
Talen Deamons stands a good foot taller than me... he's a smaller version of his father Toras but just as powerfully built and gods is he strong. He has eyes like his mother, blue, hypnotic... like deep pools that someone could drown in... his twin Lucian... Lucky has the same eyes, and they both have these dimples that could make any woman with a heartbeat faint when they smile... which Talen does not do often unless he is truly happy. He is often quiet because he doesn't speak unless he believes he has something important to say... that he gets from Elder Toras... his grandfather... but when he does speak everyone stops and listens. His heart is strong and his temper fierce when he is pushed too far, and he has this amazing capacity for love of his family and friends.
Noble stood there recalling what she craved most, all the details about Talen, and her eyes welled with tears that she would not let fall. Sadly she looked at Ranulf.
No I don't need you to describe Talen Deamons to me... no one knows every feature, every detail like I do from the color of his midnight black hair to the birthmark just to the left of his bellybutton.
As much as she hated to admit it, and she would never admit it out loud, she was going to have to bend a little, to give in just for the time being and be what she was expected to be if she was going to get anywhere. A little sigh slipped passed her lips and she took in a deep breath to keep herself from breaking down.
It might be best if you bring me what I need rather than allowing me outside right now, the temptation to run is too great... I'll do whatever is needed until you find out the truth for yourself that I am who I say I am.
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Audrey Marie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm sorry... I don't mean to interrupt...
Audrey Marie waited for the right moment to insert herself into the conversation taking place between the mother and son. The mother she knew had taken her older sister in, cared for her and trained her. The mother had also held no ill will against Noble for the sins of their father. The son, the son obviously loved Noble and would do anything in his power to find the truth. When she spoke, her voice barely went above a whisper, it was not often that she chose to give voice to her words for others to hear, she learned long ago that speaking only brought pain but there was something about these people that set her at ease and the shadows were whispering to her that she was safe. They were also telling her details that had been unknown to them before.
I am sorry for speaking out of turn but my lord, you need to know that those you seek are indeed in Fable. There is an elf that you know? An elf whose name is spoken of with awe... it seems that she has caught the attentions of some rather scandalous individuals... but there is a man... a... demon of a man? with her staking his claim on her offering a great deal of gold to possess her? Do you know this man? He has dark hair and very dark eyes? It is the belief of my... of my friends that these men who want to take this elf are the ones who would be able to tell you what happened to my sister...
User avatar
Audrey Marie
Stablehand
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 pm

We have a man that is condemned to death for his actions against others. The matters of what he did means he should be shown no mercy I will bring you him, it will save us from having to kill him, his death was to be carried out in the morning anyways. That should help you some. I do hope you are sincere in the matters that you say. As you know the collar will not let you go far but now if you try to leave the collar will have you brought to me. I will handle the matter of getting the messages that I promised to Pallia. In fact for that matter I will be dealing with outside of the Tribunal's messengers. We should have an answer soon. In the mean time I will also find out who you were bought from.

He touched her shoulder gently he could see the pain that she was in. He looked at her.

Go and rest on my bed I shall be back soon. You are not going to come to any harm as long as you are my charge and do as you are supposed to. I will not let anyone harm you. If you do turn out to be who you claim to be I will personally make sure you are reunited with Talen. Anyone could know what Talen looks like, and his family. They are practically as legendary as their King and Queen.


He left her with the thought when he ran into the others of the Tribunal he let them know that he was just getting something and that Noble was just fine. He also made it clear no one was going to tell him how to deal with his charge. He lifted a brow when one of them went to speak and that is all it took to silence the one that wanted to speak. He came back with the man that she was to feed from then he sat down in his chair.

I found out who you were bought from and it is someone that is a well known slave trader from Fable. So there is something else to consider. Why would a well known slave trader want to ruin his reputation?
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kyle Runtsor » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:48 pm

It is so much more than just my name it comes from the crazy ass father that I had that actually thought to destroy these lands, your family. I mean really I can not fight the demons of the past that keep coming up. By keeping his name I feel like I am betraying those that I have come to think of as family.

He looked at her and leaned and kissed her.

Your idea on a last name does have merit we will talk to your parents about it. You know you could always marry me and when we marry instead of you taking my last name I could take yours.


He grinned and winked at her he liked to talk of the future and when they would marry because it was something that he wanted more than anything but also knew she had needed time. He would wait as long as he had to to have her as his wife.

As far as joining the elite I know your family would speak for me but I have to wonder if the Shadows would be able to trust me to become on of theirs. If not I could not blame them either you know. Maybe tomorrow we can speak to them about it and see what they think.
User avatar
Kyle Runtsor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm

It wasn't enough. The man that she had been given to feed from, he hadn't been enough and she knew why. Damn them all she thought, and they were damned in ways that Ranulf could not begin to understand. One day she thought, I am going to find a way to bring you all to your knees, it was the lack of lycan blood that was making her think outside the box again but she was not going to give in to that need. She had already fed when she was trying to keep herself from having to depend on the lycans for anything but Exion had made it almost impossible. She had to ignore how her insides were pleading with her to just tell Ranulf what she really needed and kept her focus on what she had to do to get home.
Chapman... that's the trader you speak of isn't it? Alexander has been hunting his operation down for months and each time they got close... he would just slip through their fingers.
Noble sat on the edge of the bed paying no mind to those who came in to dispose of the body once she was through with it. She went over everything in her mind about that day and still came up with nothing more to tell him. It bothered her that she couldn't remember anything.
I was dressed as a commoner and no one knew the real reasons behind my being in Fable except for Alexander and his council... it is our way to go unrecognized to the world surely you must know this, otherwise what good would we be as the protectors of Pallia or as an Order as a whole? Chapman wouldn't know who I was...
The throbbing started in her head and she winced a little turning her face away from him so he couldn't see what was happening in her eyes, or from her expressions.
Many may know what Talen looks like on an ordinary day but there are few who know what Talen looks like as a demon... it's amusing actually just because even in demon form the birthmark near his navel is still there. Not that you would know what he looks like in that form. It's waiting from here on out isn't it? I've never been very good at waiting and I have never done well being holed up like this either, it goes against my very nature you have to know this... why can't you just let me take you to Pallia and see the truth for yourself? You can keep this damn contraption on me the entire time and I can make sure that nothing happens to you when we get there and my family sees me... wouldn't that be so much easier than all these envoys and messages?
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Talen...
Tierney had been shocked when the girl next to her spoke, she was so quiet it was almost like she hadn't said anything at all but Tierney and Talen had both heard her as sure as if she had been yelling because her words had such profound meaning. Tierney was sure that Talen was going to take off like a bat out of hell right then and there but she was not about to let him go so easily. Her hand went to his arm and she held on to him.
Listen to me... not just as your mother but as Council of the order... yes my love I am pulling rank on you right now... take Phillip, Kira, and Condrik... don't argue... Rayne is in Fable and Con is not going to stand by while those who might have had a hand in this are so close to her even with Stryder being there.
Her hold on her son loosened and she went up kissing his forehead.
Two days Talen Joseph, that is all I am giving you for now... do not make me come after you.
At this point Tierney turned to the girl and did her best to keep her smile gentle.
Little one, you speak with a soft voice but when you do speak... you could move mountains... do not be afraid to speak on these lands ever again, you have nothing to fear from any here. My son thanks you for what you have told us as do I, we all hope that Noble will be returned to us soon if the truth is she lives so that we can move beyond this nightmare. Talen... remember what I said. Two days love, home by Yuletide.
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 am

Chapman goes by many names he is a bit traveled it does not surprise me he would slip through things unnoticed. I know that he seems to be able to disappear even when right there. Seems he was trained the right way to make himself scarce. If that one was not enough I can get you another one. We have a few that have been sitting waiting on death.

He sat there and looked at her and what she said made sense unless of course it was a trap Pallia was lands where there were no slaves. He knew it could be a trick to go there.

I will work on things as I said I will decide something as far as going to Pallia goes later. As for what Alexander is trying to do there he might be able to get some of it done but he is going to meet a lot of resistance. Chapman will not be so easily caught.


He shook his head and looked at her.

Just give me time to work on what I am going to get done. If there is anything you need in the mean time let me know and I will do what I can to help you.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:01 am

I need answers, a real damn answer and not some stupid ass excuse of an answer as to why you cannot just leave me go when there are plenty of others that would be more suitable or whatever the hell word you want to use as your little pet! I am no ones pet and I never have been nor will I ever be! By the damn gods have you heard nothing I have said? Have you not been paying any attention at all?!
It might have been a stupid move on her part to start acting up again but she had to do something to keep herself from feeling the effects of the hunger that remained. She had been fed lycan blood for too damn long now, and she hated the strength with which the cravings would take hold of her.
Is it the gold? Hell I can give you that and plenty more of it to compensate whatever amount I was "bought" for.
Noble didn't think anything when she flung herself backwards on the bed and closed her eyes. She had to reign in the fury of emotions that were running wild but she feared the only way she was going to be able to do that would be to feed from a lycan to satisfy the thirst and gods be damned if she was going to get herself more addicted for lack of a better word to their blood.
This is not the life I was meant to live, just like my life in Trubador was not my true destiny. Pallia is home... and I have to wonder just what in the hell possessed my King and Queen to agree to any sort of treaties with your Tribes given your practice of procuring slaves! I understand that some sort of agreement needed to be made after what we did in Grantia, cutting down that pack the way we did I can see why they would want to try for peace rather than unleashing the entire Order on your lands... obviously they had no idea about your other little habits though.
She sat up then got to her feet.
And I am obviously wasting breath arguing with you. Do what you have to Ranulf but when all is said and done do not be so surprised if you find you are the one missing more than a few teeth once you learn the truth and no that is not a threat... that is my promise.
She went into the smaller room and slammed the door with such force the wood splintered and threw herself on the bed just staring up at the ceiling counting whatever little imperfections she saw to keep her mind off how badly she missed Talen and how the thirst kept building.
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 am

You will see me on Yuletide I promise you will not have to come hunting for me. I will take them with me only because you want me to do so. I know Con has not liked her being there from the start but if there is anyone that could get answers it is that elf.

He smiled and kissed his mother's cheek and smiled at Audrey. A glimmer of hope lit up his eyes.

Thank you Audrey I know it took a lot for you to talk to us. It means more than you could know.

His Noble was alive he had to believe what the shadows were telling her. Had to believe that there was more than what they could see and touch to be able to tell. He went and got the others not being able to tell them everything was hard. But once they got to Fable he knew the first thing to do was to find out what was already known. Con could change his appearance somewhat with simple magics to get close to his elf without people knowing it was him. There was something strange about how everything happened though. He wanted his Noble home with him where she belonged. By her description he knew his uncle SJ was protecting Rayne from these folks that would be trying to take her.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:53 am

She hated Fable. Not as a whole but there were elements of the village that she couldn't wait to rid the good people she met of. In her eyes there was nothing more vile than the slave trade. And there she was smack dab in the middle of a mess she couldn't help but see as amusing. Her time in Fable had indeed produced results that she was happy with but there was still so much more to uncover. She learned early on that there was one specific trader named Chapman, at least that's what he went by in Fable who had a fondness for trying to take and break wild elves, after all a tamed wild one would fetch a damn good price, and if said property could not be tamed then there were others who would be more than willing to pay any price for the chance to take a crack at reigning in the "product". She might not have been so amused if she was on her own, but Kiara had made sure that at least one of the Elite was lurking about town keeping on eye on her and making his own inquiries while she did what she needed to. At that moment the elf was backed into a corner, her blue eyes were lit up shining brightly and there was a smirk on her face a canyons mile wide. There was a man keeping her blocked off from anyone else at the inn where she had been brought to work after having been "rescued" by the people who had worked side by side with Lady Jillian, and this man could have been the most frightening being she ever had to deal with except for one thing. A blond brow arched and the elf looked up at him with a cocky grin and she whispered to him while she snaked her arms around his neck putting on a show for the eyes that were on them.
D'nay be thinkin' ye fey would be none too happy iffin' ye took a taste Stryder... I promise ye I d'nay be tastin' a chicken.
Stryder had played his part as a man interested in getting his hands on a wild elf down to the letter, it had been more than amusing going back and forth with him during their time in Fable, and he let it be known to all traders that she was the specific elf he wanted, that whoever was able to deliver her without being caught by Alexanders sentinels would be richly rewarded. As it stood then, as far as anyone knew... the elf belonged to him now, but that didn't keep others from thinking they could get more for her from some King or another. Afterall it wasn't everyday that the Raynalia Panton was roaming the world having severed all ties to her former life in Pallia. Day after day he came to the inn, day after day they played their little game and all the while he kept her safe. Her mouth went to his ear and she gave him the latest bit of news that she had.
Seems this Chapmans' been through Trubador a time or two... if he's been that close... whose to say he's not been in Pallia before... Serg... the barkeep... he remembered seeing Noble... and guess who he saw eyeing our girl just before she went poof...
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 am

He was trying to help her but she kept pushing him she had said she would behave and then she acts like a spoiled little brat. He heard a ruckus start in the room she went into. None would be as stupid as to mess with his charge unless they knew they could control her. He let out a growl as he headed into the room pinning the lycan to the wall.

You think to come in on my charge? What the hell are you thinking so what that the collar is your invention and you have it working towards you. You lay one hand on her and you will find out just how nasty I can get when you mess with what is mine. Now you will change the collar where to only I have control over it or I will kill you right here and now and then it will automatically default the control to me anyways. I catch you anywhere near my charge again and I will kill you is that understood and you can spread the word on that one. Anyone who thinks to touch my charge will deal with me.

He stood there and watched as Marius took off running after speaking the necessary changes and Talus had him add something to where if Marius tried to break it he would suffer greatly.

I can not leave you alone in here after that little incident I doubt anyone else will try. We can bring your mattress into my room as no one would dare step foot in my quarters without being invited
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

So I've finally met the one that so many have tried to for lack of a better word break me for. I don't know his first name but I'll be damned if I am calling him Lord anything, so Ranulf it is until I am finally free of this wretched place. I know I'm being unfair, they do not live like animals like so many would believe that Lycans do, but that is not the point. I'm still here. Still fighting against this poison they have introduced to my hunger, and I do see it as a poison, it's been awhile since I've fed from one of their kind and it is getting harder to keep myself from giving in but I have to break myself of the hold their blood seems to have over me. I just have to break free period, but that is proving to be more difficult than I thought too. I keep telling myself that I have to behave, act like a good little girl and that this Ranulf will learn the truth soon enough, which in turn will get me home that much faster, get me back to Talen. What I don...

A long streak of black ink ran across the page, Noble had been quite rudely interrupted in her writings that she started again once she was able to gain some control over the thirst. It all happened faster than the beat of a heart, one minute she was writing in her journal, the next she was being jerked back by her hair and her first reaction was to start swinging, and she stabbed her attacker with the quill pen she had been writing with which resulted in her being pinned to a wall and the one she knew to be Marius growling in her face which in turn made her bare her fangs and start snarling. They were going to have it out right then and there when Ranulf came up from behind Marius and Noble was silently impressed with the way he handled the intruder. She became less impressed though when she found out she was going to have to keep wearing that collar with its magics weaved all around it. If she could just get Ranulf to take the damn thing off... and that became her mission, her very reason to really keep to what was expected of her. Behave and be rewarded. If she could do that, and if she could get him to take that collar from her, then she could run... really run and get home. She didn't say anything while Ranulf dealt with Marius but as soon as they were alone she went down on one knee in front of him and kept her head bent, her tone even and without cockiness. She acted and sounded humbled, and it was killing her to do it but it had to be done.
Thank you my lord... I cannot honestly say what would have happened had you not intervened. I apologize for my outburst earlier, but I am sure you can understand how all of this could be a shock to someone of my position. I know you do not believe I am who I say I am, and I know now all I can do is be patient, accept the help you have offered and wait for you to be shown the truth. If you believe it is best for me to be in your chambers then so be it. The hour is late and you do need your rest. Is there anything you need before you turn in for the night?
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm

I can tell you what would have happened Marius was after you for no other reason than for him to take you by force. He would have left you unable to defend yourself too. He would not have taken no for an answer though he would not have let you have a chance to say no because he would have used the strength of the collar. I believe even a slave has the right to say no to giving their body to someone. Especially in the way he was wanting your body.

He helped her off the ground and led her to his room.

What you are going to need to do now is to follow everything I say in front of everyone. And trust me I will not force you into anything where you have to give of your body, but there may be some false affections used at times just to make it clearer to everyone that you are not to be messed with. If they believe I have made you mine well for what some of the older call me is a young pup with the bite of a big dog.


He rolled up the spare blanket putting it in the middle of the bed and then he laid on one side leaving the other side for her.

There you have it your side of the bed and my side unless you prefer the mattress in there that I can bring in. Tomorrow I will find something more suitable when I go to get the messenger we will be dealing with. You will come with me too as I know you can not go far from me at all.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 pm

For the first time in months she laughed. The entire situation was not funny at all but when he made one particular comment, she couldn't stop herself. Right away she slapped a hand over her mouth and looked at him wide eyed trying to control her laughter before she speak. When she settled down enough she was able to see that Ranulf was not like the others at all, not with the way he acted or talked, the way he carried himself was just different and she had to admit she did find these differences interesting, but not so interesting that she was going to stop doing everything she could to get home. She moved over onto the bed keeping to her side of the mattress and turned on her side propping up on one elbow.
A young pup with a big dog bite huh? Bet I can bite harder but I don't think that is a competition I really want to take part in. I appreciate the warning about what it going to be expected of me, this would not be the first time I have had to play a role, it surely will not be the last, don't worry I'll behave as you need me to if for no other reason than self preservation. You really do need to understand something though Ranulf and this is not me threatening or being cocky. You have to understand that once my identity is proven, once the Elite, my family and Talen know I live and where I have been all this time it is going to be almost impossible for peace between Pallia and your Tribes to remain intact.
It really was a no win situation for Ranulf, and something in Noble made her decide right then and there that once she was home she would do whatever she was able to, to at least keep anything from happening to him.
Someone here knows more about me than they are owning up to. I've seen some of the other servants here, and no others have a collar like this on them... did that not make you curious at all as to why I have this thing on me? Aside from shadowrunning... that could be stopped with wards that do not require such extreme measures... I am capable of more but none here should know what that is... none here should have had any idea about my ability to shadowrun in the first place... so how is it that your Marius knew what to do right off and I was fitted with this thing?
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Chapman told him you were more of a problem slave and said you should be fitted for a collar and Marius took him seriously I would guess. Seems Chapman might be the ones with some answers that will need gotten too. If what you tell me is true there will be no fight to hand you over because I would do so willingly. None here can speak against me and as for who bites bigger and all we could always find out but then I would want something else for biting as I have been open about is exciting to me and I do not think you want to take care of what happens when that happens.

He was on his side looking at her and he smiled at her.

If they do contact us for you than I will not have a problem handing you over as than I would be proven wrong. But on the other hand what if they do not contact us back what am I to do then? Though if I just hand you over some on the Tribunal may have a problem with that and to go against them means banishment or death whichever they decide on.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:33 pm

He knew what it looked like they were doing in the corner as his mouth went to her ear.

There is something strange too Rayne there is a scent I caught around hers. It is a scent that I know but it has been a long time since I have known the scent so I can not remember who or what it goes to. It has to be someone that has been in Pallia. I think your true mate has arrived I can feel his eyes piercing into my skin. Hopefully he will behave himself.


He was right Condrik was there with Kira, Phillip and Talen which meant there was news or something. So he lifted what was believe to be his elf up and carried her upstairs he could hear Con and the others getting rooms but he knew that once upstairs they would lock their doors and end up through the shadows in his room that he and Rayne were in. He knew they were going to have to communicate in a way that they could not be over heard which was going to be hard.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:35 pm

I think I'll keep my teeth to myself, wouldn't want to get you all riled.
She flipped on her stomach thinking over everything he said. Whoever this Chapman was, he was the key and somehow she was going to have to get her hands on him to find out how he knew so much about her, and how he knew what to tell Marius to keep her from being able to come and go as she pleased. Of course if she did get her hands on him, it was going to be damn hard to keep herself from breaking his damn neck. A twinge of pain prodded her and she winced keeping her face hidden by her arms. Why was it every time she seemed to have the hunger controlled it would rear it's head poking at her reminding her that it was still there. I feel fine she kept telling herself over and over again. Mind over matter, it was going to have to work.
I don't think you understand, you might willingly hand me back over but that does not mean that Talen will be so willing to forgive or forget. I cannot fathom Talen not coming here for me himself once he knows where I am, but I have learned to never say never, and I have to be ready for that possibility as improbable and impossible as it might seem. I think the only thing that could keep Talen away is either he has died himself or...
Noble could not imagine Talen giving his heart to another but that was also a very real possibility, still even if he did find another to love, who loved him in return, she could not believe that he would just give up on her for no other reason than what they meant to each other.
... or he has found another to share his heart with. As unreal as that seems to me, it could become a reality, still I do not see him just leaving me to the fates because of his mother. You see Tierney Deamons took me in even though my father Geoff who also went by Victoro, the one time leader of the Order of the Shield, had made the world believe she was dead just so he could keep her to himself as revenge for Tierney killing Artemus, his brother, my Uncle. She became my mother and taught me much of what I know in both the dark world and this world, and her husband became my father in this world while Raven remained my father in darkworld, I know it is confusing, but my life has been on ball of confusion since the day I was born. My mother was a vampire, my father a shadow assassin, I really didn't know either of them yet I have two fathers who love me and a mother who loved me enough to give her son her blessing when he staked his claim on me. That's what they do, those Shadows and Deamons and Lockhearts and Ryders, even the women of the lines, when they find their mates they stake their claims and make it known to all that they have done so. Princess Avalyn likes to say we are all backwoods marry your cousin screw your sister inbred hillbillies, but she is just as wrapped up in that world as everyone else. We are all connected, all family either through blood or simply because we were brought into the fold. That is the life I was born to live, the life I have to return to even if Talen forgets me, I am part of something bigger than just one man though I would still like to believe I am just as important to him now and I was the last time I saw him.
She couldn't believe she told him so much but then again what else was there for her to do? It wasn't like she was telling any of the Orders secrets, she was just giving him more insight as to who she was and what her world was like before she was stolen from that world.
If I am left here for whatever reason, I cannot tell you what to do with me but I have to tell you honestly only because you have been so honest with me that I will not just sit around and resign myself to this way of life, you might be better off just killing me because I will kill or be killed before I accept this life as my own. I have never been nor will I ever be a true slave. Though I think if Raynalia learns I live, even if Talen does not want me anymore, that elf will come for me herself, she abhors slavery given her own history, those stories I am sure you have heard too, and that woman is not someone many wish to tangle with. If you do free me regardless of whether or not Talen comes for me or demands my return and your Tribunal does not approve I promise you I will do everything to help you as you have helped me. My King and Queen will be able to see the good you in and I doubt they would allow any harm to come to you whether they have any say in your lands or not. That is just their way. I am proof of that, Aurora is proof of that, most of all Lady Jillian, the former wife of Harrison McKenna and now wife to Stone Deamons is proof of that
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Be burnin' a hole in your back is he?
The elf winked at Stryder but it wasn't really at him, if anyone with a keen eye was paying any attention they would have saw how her eyes flickered quickly to the man who had come into the inn and looked like he wanted to slit her "owners" throat. That was all she said when she was hauled up to a room above where she and Stryder were waiting for the others to join them. As soon as they were all together she looked up at the ceiling at the same time she went to Condrik to stand at his side putting her arm around his waist. She whispered to him low in his ear.
There's an attic above us, it's where Serg the barkeep used to hide slaves until they could be delivered to Father Gideon and smuggled out to their freedom... by the way I have damn sure missed you Saint. Remind me the next time Jade wants to send me off like this to tell her to do it her damn self. Getting too old for these games I think.
That was all she needed to say. Con took her through the shadows up a floor and they were all in the attic in no time at all. Kira came out of the shadows muttering how she couldn't wait to be done with Fable so they could really get to Noble and Talen was, well scary looking honestly.
All right loves... Stryder caught a familiar scent around our Nobles, and theres a trader named Champan who was sizing her up right before she went missing, my guess is this is the idiot who got his hands on her, whether the scent belongs to him or not we sure as hell won't know until we get our hands on him aye? So... I think we need to split up and half of us need to be tracking this scent, the other half need to be seeing how we can find this Chapman. Problem is he's a sneaky prick and truth be told I am damn exhausted trying to catch up to this filth so if any one of you has an idea I'm all for hearing it.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm

No one knows me here let me take care of trying to find Chapman in my own way. I think I need to make a few inquiries quietly. I have the money that I brought with. Talen and I are not known on these lands. I can play off well especially we all went separately looking for rooms. A woman looking for Chapman is going to set things off a bit, a man that is just looking for some fun is not going to I would think. Obviously you and Sj have to still play at your game Kira is the better tracker so her going out with Talen would be good because Talen should be able to pick up her scent and Con can watch over and make sure I do not get into too much trouble. Of course that is if the idea is acceptable to you Lord Shadow and Lady Panton. As you are the two highest ranking members here.

He waited to hear what they thought about what he had to say, he knew what he could do, and knew what the others could do. He had to bet that he would be watched over and that they would have to find the answers. The holiday was approaching and he knew Kiara would want all of the family there and if they could have Noble home for it if she truly was alive would be even better because than maybe Talen would stop looking like he was ready to snap someone in half. That is why else Phillip offered to play looking for Chapman plus if he did get found out who he was he could just say he had left the life behind because his mate was not as willing as he wanted her to be. He had it all worked out in his mind. Though it was quite laughable in some rights because of how his mate was.
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:14 pm

If this Talen loves you like he claims he does, if you truly are his mate then I do not see why you would have to worry about being left here. I also would not worry too much about what anyone else is going to do because they should follow what I say since I am the one that you were brought here for. For no other reason that that I do not see anyone really wanting to question me about if I make the decision to let you go back there. But that is providing that you are who you say you are. If you can not find it to sleep you can light the candle on the side and I can give you the paper and pen so you can write and I will not bother you while you write. As my letters in the morning will be simple you may have more that you want to say in yours.

He yawned and he turned over to go to sleep and he knew he was safe if for no other reason than the collar would not allow her to harm him no matter how hard she tried he had the pen and paper out for her and from that point on he did not find the need to say anything else to her until morning would come and then they would deal with the new day.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Sleep then.
That was all Noble said, she moved from the bed quietly, carefully not wanting to make too much noise. She didn't need the light of a candle, the light of the moon was enough for her to see as clearly as if it were day to write the letter intended for Talen. Where to begin? She knew where and when she was through the letter itself was short but right to the point.
I don't have much I can tell you about what happened all I can tell you is I'm damn well alive Talen Deamons and I want to come home... now. Somehow I ended up with the Lycans love. I've met one, Ranulf who has offered to help me but won't believe a damn word that comes out of my mouth even though I showed him my marks, that is not the point though. Will you please come get me and tell these people I am Noble Shaffer so I can come home and put this entire mess behind us both? Gods I miss you Tal. Always in heart, body and soul, ever your runner~ N
Just to make sure there was no mistaking she was indeed the one who sent the letter Noble rubbed the paper on the top of her head transferring her scent to the paper. When she was done she got up and was pacing the floors until she exhausted herself sometime before dawn. She remembered falling asleep on the floor but when she woke up in the morning she was in the bed and next to her was fresh clothing and clean towels. Obviously she needed to wash and dress for the day, and gods be damned if what she was going to have to wear showed off a little more of her than she liked but she said she would do what was needed. She heard Ranulf in the other room but didn't announce she was awake. Instead she went and took care of what she needed to and when she was done she came out of the bathing room taking a deep breath seeing him waiting for her.
My letter is on the dresser... and do you think tomorrow I might be able to wear something that covers a little more than this? Might as well be walking around ass naked... don't even think it I'll not be doing any such thing. Now if you're ready can we please get this day started? The sooner it starts the sooner it will be over. You should know that I cannot be in the sun for more than a few hours at a time, I don't know if we need to go out at all today but I would like to be able to breathe the air of the outdoors for just a little while that is if my lord would be kind enough to allow me to do so.
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:40 am

He smiled as she came in and he had already sealed the letters he was to send to Pallia. He stood and looked at her and he grinned slightly.

You should be glad that you got that much clothing there are ones that wear a lot less. Since you asked nicely, I will see what I can do. I will get you a coat, though we will be going out it will not be on foot the whole time. As being who I am, I have a carriage that can be used and we will be going out though we will walk some as well. As I said I will not trust these letters to the Tribunal messengers I have others that I can use for that. If we were to take off then others would follow if I tell them of the attack last night and I am taking you to town with me, they will not say a word. This Raynalia you spoke of are you talking about Raynalia Wingrider? I have heard stories of her. There are some that are quite interesting.

He took out his wax seal and sealed his letters and hers. There was no need for anyone else to know the contents of any of the letters his were simple first to Aranor and then one that was to be given to the King or Queen of Pallia. He put the notes in a container, he would send things to Aranor and that is what he used to hide that they were taking letters with them.He made a false bottom in the box to put the letters in he knew that Aranor would check the box over. He then put a note that would be what others would see. He grinned as Noble watched him and he winked.

Now you see Aranor during his travels took a liking to certain candies you can only get from here. I swear it is partly because of what he is that he likes them so much. They are rather sweet. We need to go stop by the kitchen and so you know, you will be putting the candies in the box. For more than one reason, as I am sure you can figure out.

He walked with her down to the kitchen and he smiled seeing the cook. The candies were made and they were sitting there.

Thank you for making them I almost forgot about the Yuletide gift my father would always send to Aranor Shadow. I forgot last year I know and I feel awful about that so I am glad that you made a double batch of them.

Once they were done he took her outside keeping his hand to her like a lot of the owners did with their slaves. He walked with her to the carriage and until they were inside and he smiled at her. He took the seat across from him. He waited until they were in the carriage to motion her to be quiet while they were in the carriage and he pointed to his ear to show that the one driver could hear them. He winked at her though.

Once we get to town you will not pull anything funny you will stay right by me or you will be punished. You must not show attitude in town, or you are going to find out just how bad of a temper that I do have.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron