Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:49 pm

I can move during the day it's just a little complicated to do so. Not even complicated, more like it's tedious. However right now my concern is not with being able to walk in the light of the sun or whether or not your cousin has himself protected enough, he has done what needs to be done for his family and the royal bloodline...
Calm and cool, that was Tierney under most circumstances, even the most harrowing, but calm and cool was only going to get her so far if she had to start worrying whether or not Losa was protected because the cold truth was, at that moment her concerns were for her son, for all of her children and the impact that losing Noble was going to have on them all especially Talen.
Do not think I have suddenly become heartless Toras, but Losa is not my priority at the moment...
Tierney kissed her husband to try and soften how hard she knew she must have sounded to him at that moment, she had always been arrogant, a little flippant and she was always honest with her thoughts so speaking as she was now would not be too great of a surprise to him. Still Losa was family and she had to respect that. When the door to the Round room opened and she saw Lucian right away she went to him examining his face.
I've seen worse...
She smiled sadly at her son and touched his cheek.
Go on love, have your pretty little wife take a look at you and let her fuss over you like you know she will. I know this was not easy for you Lucian, but I also know you would not have had it any other way for your brothers sake.
She replaced her hand with her lips and kissed the same cheek gently then went into the Round Room closing the door behind her. She didn't say anything to Talen, she simply walked up to him and enveloped her son in her arms.
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:39 am

He had been gone for what seemed a lot longer than he had planned. That was the way it was when negotiating certain things. Being one of the younger members of the Tribunal meant that sometimes he got the short end of things. He had been moved into his Father’s Tribunal seat when his father had died. He was young enough at the time that people questioned whether he was ready for something so important. He had to fight for the right to keep the spot, which was rightfully his. He had proved to them time and time again that he could take care of matters that came up. This time he had been sent to speak to some that had opposed the tribe. He had to make peace for them. It was comforting in a way to see the outskirts of the area he called home. He did not know what he was in for when he did get there. He did not know what had transpired while he was gone or that the others had taken a half breed vampire as their slave. He was not the type to stand back while something like that was going on, and if it had started while he was home, he would have tried to put a stop to it. He did not like them bringing unnecessary trouble to themselves. He saw no need for it they already had enough trouble for just being who they were born to be. Many would oppose them for just being who they were. When he got back, he heard the buzz of the new slave and having just come back, he knew this new slave would be sent to him eventually. It was the way things happened around there, he did not know when he heard the news of this slave that so many problems would come about this one slave either. When he got home what he wanted more than anything was rest. He would let those that needed to know he was back know once he felt it was important for them to know. He would find out soon enough just how much ruckus got caused while he was gone.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 am

The week she spent in Trubador was the longest of her days. She had been separated from Losa and her children before, the whole ordeal with Alistar Runtsor had them all scattered to far corners of the world for long periods of time but what happened then had to be done for the safety of her children. This, this was different. This she voluntarily left Pallia for without so much as saying goodbye to her King. And now in the dark of night she moved over Shadowlands with her companion feel a little nervous because she would be facing her King and quite possibly his wrath over her actions. She chuckled a little to herself over the words that came to her mind. The Wrath of the Wraith. The girl beside her gave her a sideways glance and Kiara waved her off.
It's nothing Audrey, I'm only thinking of... well those thoughts are best kept private.
The girl smiled a crooked little smile saying nothing. The girl sure was a quiet one and it still amazed Kiara that Richard had sent her with to help in anyway she could, amazed her because she knew the girls background but at the same time Audrey might come in handy at some point. They were coming up over a small hill and the Hall of Shadows stood tall and proud in the horizon awash in the light of the moon. Kiara took a breath though it wasn't necessary, the Hall was always incredible to look upon but it's who and what was waiting inside that left her in awe. She turned to the girl and smiled softly.
Remember what your father told you... you have nothing to be afraid of here. I know you are not comfortable with people knowing your history but it is important that my King know, and those of our council, important because we need to be able to protect you as well as rely on your special talents do you understand?
The girl nodded and Kiara smiled again.
Good. Shall we?
She led the girl the rest of the way to the hall and as soon as one red hair on her head was seen she heard booming voices carrying everywhere heralding that the Queen had returned. They walked through the gates, Kiara stopped only when needed to greet any Elite who approached her and to hear of any news. She was still on edge over the letter that had been delivered to her, the threat written on page was crystal clear but not quite so simple and it was eating away at her that she could not just go off and find whoever was responsible for the latest chaos to wash over their lands. She reached the top of the stairs at the same time the double doors to the hall opened. As soon as she saw who was standing there with his arms folded across his chest and his blue eyes on fire she hit her knee bowing before him. She felt Audrey go down next to her.
Your Grace, it does me good to see you again. I trust given the lack of word I received while away, that for the moment all is as well as can be expected under the circumstances? May I present to you Audrey Marie... King Richard of Trubadors adopted daughter.... a daughter much like our Aurora... adopted from the lands of Fable some eight years passed...
Kiara knew she was in for it once she and Losa were alone but the twisted part was, she was looking forward to it. She missed the hard looks and the hard stance he would take when she got some crazy idea in her head, and she loved how during those times he would take total control. Oh yes she missed him all right. She lifted her head and looked at him trying to keep somewhat of an innocent expression on her face, innocent might not have been the right word but she was trying to at least pretend to be a little lady like at the moment.
Richard and Audrey have offered their help in anyway they can... and I believe when hear where the lady spent the first ten years of her life... your interest might be a little piqued... I think for now it would be best however to bring the lady to her quarters and allow her to rest... that is if your majesty approves?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:53 am

Welcome to Pallia Audrey

He waved someone over and had them come.

I need Audrey brought up to the guest quarters that are already prepared. You should find it to be comfortable I hope and I am sure after you have rested we will be speaking. But my wife is correct you do need to rest first. I thank you for your willingness to help.


He waited until Audrey was gone, and he stood there looking at Kiara his eyes were showing the different emotions he had going through him.

What in the hell were you thinking going off like that? What happened to us working together to solve things. You leaving notes for us does not count us as working together. Though I do agree that going to Trubador would be something that should have been done but you could have waited to at least speak to me. Are we going to go back to where my opinion in things does not count?


He raised a brow and looked at her. The way she had tried to look when Audrey was there did amuse him some.

The precautions taken for our children's safety they do not even fully know about. Of course they know about extra protection and all. That note was clear but not clear I know you received it. I had Katie take a look at the paper as sometimes different places have different paper her and Quinn are off on a little bit of a trip. Stryder is in Fable so is Rayne. TJ has made a few trips back and forth as Talen has been a bit much to deal with. Aidan is off with TJ checking on a few things you know that boy does not like to sit still.


He was not screaming or yelling but he knew it was made clear he did not like what she pulled at all. How could he be ok with it, it is true that Aidan had taken over the order pretty much with some occassional help from his parents as well.

And how does it look for the young Master of the Order if his Mother goes off on her own without speaking to him? I would hope that my hellion would not be giving her son such problems after what she learned years ago. Or does that lesson need to be retaught? I do not think you would have as much fun with some of it as you did back then either
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 pm

I know Rayne is in Fable...
Kiara was trying to keep the grin off her face and keep her expression as serious yet as innocent as possible, though no one ever thought of her or believed her innocent in anyway for years it was still fun to play even under the worst of times. Anyone who knew her knew she had to play on some level or else she would break and when she broke, it was never easy on anyone especially those closest to her. Kiaras darkness was not something any of them wanted to experience firsthand and it was also something she tried to avoid at all costs because each time she slipped, it was that much harder to come back from. The last time hellion was not even close to describing what she had become.
... and I know Stryder is with her, the elf kept in contact with me very well, and I believe at this point she has half the realm convinced that she's left the order and has returned to her wild ways. I only hope she doesn't play with Stryder too hard... you know our elf majesty, she is going to use that man to her full advantage in her little game... though I'm not exactly sure just what her game is entirely, but whatever it is you know that she's going to get what she wants from the people of Fable when all is said and done.
Now she smiled and rose to her feet going to his side and wrapping her arms around his neck. She made sure she had fed before returning home so when she started her apologies or her seduction, however one wanted to see it, she was nice and warm.
Of course your opinion counts in everything, I was just a little impatient, it happens sometimes. I knew you would take care of matters concerning the wee ones, I know I know they aren't wee ones anymore, but they are our babies... I'm sure Kira was not amused but I am just as sure that Errol talked her down from whatever ledge she was ready to jump off of too. As for Aidan, I will deal with the Master of the Order once I am done with the master of all. I do not need to be retaught any lessons as far as I know majesty but I am sure if I did have the need, it could possibly be even more fun than it was before. Angel, Yuletide is in two days, we still have so much to do but we can't forget that we all have to move on day to day... for the next week can we please just do what we need to without extra drama. Let Katie and Quinn come home, let Rayne and Stryder come home, bring them all home just for the holiday... I'm tired believe it or not, not so much in body but my mind is tired of constantly running and thinking, and always having to be on the go. I have much to tell you but none of it will change anything tonight. Tonight I just want to see my children, see my order, maybe see some more of my king later and just be glad to be home.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Talen is not going to be easy to reign in, I agree that the others need to come home. But to convince Talen about things is going to be hard especially to convince him what happened is not forgotten. He has been hard to deal with to be honest his sisters have been having to keep him in check I got a feeling though he is about to go out on his own.

He stood there with his arms around her it was natural as soon as she went to him his arms went around her. He knew the games she could play and he had to almost laugh about it.

If my opinion matters you would have done more than just leave me a note. Since when do you take off without saying goodbye to me? You really think your son would make your lessons more fun? I would think that he would actually be harder on you than I was. Then again with your legs stronger now I am sure you could do more running than before and it not bother you as much. But I would not underestimate what our son could come up with for punishment. I am sure his mind can run quite well on that.


He leaned and kissed her even as mad as he had been he was happy to see her.

Your mind is always on the go because you do not slow down and a lot of times you go on impulse. You need to let your mind slow down and not be so impatient. There was nothing that you were going to find in Trubador that you were not going to find the next night. Though Stryder reported that he was able to pick up her scent but lost it near the woods. TJ has been there checking on things too, I do not know if we are going to be able to get people to slow down even for just a week. But I will see what I can do. Con has been keeping busy with his own little project going between a few towns seeing what he can find out. You know all he has to do with some women is look at them the right way with his eyes and he will get the answers he wants. The inns around here we were able to gather names from and it got turned into me just a few minutes before you arrived. So I do have some work I need to do. Benny and Ava should not be too hard to find. Lex and Adam went out to check on something Con had said. To see what they could find out and Krys and Rhone are around somewhere. Janessa is up waiting for Aidan and TJ to return. Errol does keep Kira calmed down a bit, he went wtih them as an extra precaution as he could take Jon and Kira back through the shadows if something went wrong. Here is the problem is too many dead ends it is if someone knows what we would be doing and they are staying one step ahead of us. What if we change up what we would do. Maybe see if we can come up with something that way? It is almost like one of our own is involved.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Too much talking Shadow.... too much talking. I know I don't leave without at least saying goodbye to you but I had to, I don't know why, there was just something gnawing away at me and I had to go right then and there..
When he said it was almost like one of their own was involved her first thought was to gather the whole of the order together and bit by bit tear the entire apart, piece by piece going through hours of interrogation with Rayne at the helm, Con might have had his eyes to get what he wanted but Rayne had so much more and it wasn't even her body that Kiara was thinking of. Rayne was not opposed to letting her own little darkside out when the situation called for it and if Jade called her home telling her they could have another traitor in their midst, hell that elf would be home and skinning people alive to get the answers she wanted.
We really have to talk right now it seems, and I want Talen to hear what I have to say. Something isn't right about any of this Losa, Tierney has said it from the start and the more she speaks of it, yes I have been in contact with her this last week... she's a dark child... my dark child mind you... anyway, it's because of Tierney that Audrey Marie is here. What a story there is to that little girl... and I think she might be the very thing that will keep Talen reigned in. So much for taking just a little break, it just can't be done. We need to go to the council room.
At this point Kiara knew they were in for a long night and resigned herself to the fact that maybe not everyone was going to make it home for the holiday as well, Rayne was causing a ruckus in Fable already and how would it look if she and Stryder just up and vanished, still it was something to hope for. They had more to hope for but at that moment only Kiara knew just what that was.
I was thinking if I needed lessons again maybe giving you back the reigns but if you're talking about running then I'll take whatever our prince throws at me any day over running!
She winked at him and kissed him.
Bring me Talen and Tierney Majesty, I'll meet you all in the council room soon. I just want Kahn to know I'm back.
With that being said she went on her way to Black Rose. After a short conversation with Kahn she went to fetch Audrey and like she promised she met with Losa, Talen and Tierney in the council room. Standing at her place at the head of the table she motioned for the girl to sit.
What's said here does not leave this room, Tierney you know you can tell TJ but only in this room. Not a word of this can get out to anyone and we all know how hard it is to keep a secret in this Order... I'd like for all of you to meet Audrey Marie. She was adopted by Richard....
Kiara saw the small smile on Tierneys face at the mention of her old friend, the very reason that Tierney had been brought home from Trubador all those years ago.
Richard who sends you his warmest regards as always Blade...
When Kiara called Tierney Blade she saw Audreys eyes go wide and she looked around like an animal caught in a hunters snare.
It's all right Audrey. Tierney will not harm you or move to strike out against you... you all should know that Audrey is the blood daughter of Geoff... Nobles half sister... they share the same father, different mothers.
She waited for that bit of news to sink in then went on.
She wasn't raised in Trubador however... when she was a babe she was sold off to a family in Fable... and when she reached about four years of age... that family sold her to another family... you see Audrey shares a similar trait with Noble, her skills with the shadows are not quite like yours Angel, or those of this family but she does possess a very unique ability. It was this ability that scared the family she originally belonged to... Audrey does not speak... save for with the shadows.. she uses them to communicate and she has found that they can communicate with her in return... and the shadows have been speaking to her whispering plenty to her as of late.... Tierney the reason I asked for you and Talen is one, I am entrusting Audrey into your care and two what she has been hearing... I do not want to give anyone false hope... but the whispers tell her that perhaps you were right Tierney. Audrey does not know anything other than these whispers tell her that the dark child has not fallen into eternal darkness. Talen don't start trying to scare her into telling you more... she cannot be handled that way... when she has something to say you'll know. For now I want you to spend time with her, let her get comfortable enough around you to trust you to show you herself this amazing talent of hers. I've already told Losa that I want us all home for Yuletide and I know you are ready to jump out of your skin but you also know we are all doing everything we can to find out who did this to Noble. Now with this new twist... my king believes that one of our own may be involved because they do seem to be one step ahead of us at every turn... we need to be still more than ever... like your mother has often told you... lay still in the grass... if we do what we normally would... if we do have a traitor... they know every move we are going to make. So let's shake it up and throw them off their game. My own personal favorite is when something happens act like nothing at all has happened and move out of the sight and sound of others... do you understand what I am saying Talen?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:27 pm

So you have been in contact with Rayne and with Tierney but not with your own family, or maybe it is just me you have not been in contact with. You did not have to leave like that and have no contact with me the whole time but that we will talk about later I will go get Tierney and Talen.


He sat listening to her and he saw Talen's face at the mention that maybe Noble was not dead. He saw a light in Talen's eyes. He was just listening as Kiara spoke. There was too much at stake for people to be just running off on their own, and if Noble was alive he knew Talen was going to be hard to reign in.

Something else has bothered me from the start about it along with they seem one step ahead. The way things were done, just it is a game to the person. They are going to expect what we are doing if we have someone involved here then they are going to know when it gets too quiet.


Something kept gnawing at him and he knew it was the order the things had been found. First the hand was deliberately sent. It just seemed like there was something they were missing. He shook his head.

I have some things that I need to go over and look over. Talen Kiara is right do not go trying to scare anything out of Audrey. Now I do know her Majesty and our guest had a long trip back and they both could probably use some winding down time. I will let you know when Katie and Quinn return if they have any news. Stryder checked in and his leads have not been much at all. He is getting a bit restless but will do whatever he needs to.


He sat there at the list that Con had gathered for him. He wanted to see if anything stood out. He had something else come to mind as far as who could be involved in this. He got up and started to pace back and forth which was not a good thing when he started doing it.

I did not say it had to be an active one of our own just someone that knows our ways. I need a list of any person that left the order for any reason be it that they were kicked out or that they resigned before they took the oath. We at least can agree that it is someone that knows our ways. Which is why yes Kiara may be right in the laying still part but we are also going to be expected to do that to regroup. I will need to talk to Kiara and then let you all know if there is someting that we need help with.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:46 pm

He had just returned home to find what he did. He had not yet met this slave but he made it a point to tell the others he wanted this slave sent to him. He was not as harsh as some of the ones in the tribe. He was known though for being just as deadly. His father's untimely death at the age he had been, and then finding out one of their own was involved he had no problem striking out at the one that killed his father. Even though in their own right the person was of high regard there but as soon as he had found out that he was involved with his father's death nothing was going to stop him from justice. It was an old feud that had been why his father was killed. Now hopefully the feud and all that went with it was laid to rest. He sat there and waited for the slave to come in. He was comfortable sitting in his chair looking out when she walked in as she was told to do.

I have been told you are the most interesting slave bought from Fable. I am interested in what it is you can actually do and why they have that collar around you. That seems to be more the work of Marios as he likes to make sure that slaves can not leave a certain area. I am sure that you can not get it off as well. As the marks on your hands would show that you had tried at one point.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:57 pm

So you're the one they've been keeping me holed up like I'm some sort of damn animal for.
Noble made the matter of fact statement when she entered the room she had been escorted to by some damn lycan whose name she burned into her memory just as she did every lycan she came across since she was taken. One day, though she didn't know when that day might be, she was going to be free and she was going to be back in Pallia and then the peace that was still between the lycan tribes and Pallia would come to a bloody end because she was going to give Talen every name she knew, she was going to point out every face and make damn sure that the ones who brought her the most pain suffered greatly. None still were brave enough to cause her actual physical pain through any sort of violence but the pain they put her through by forcing her feed from their own, from keeping her as they did like some prized pet, it was killing her. The words she wrote each day in her journal reflected how she was suffering and how most of all she was terrified that one day, she would forget her true place in the world. The lycan who brought her into the room announced their arrival after shooting her a look for speaking out as she did.
Lord Ranulf you asked for her? Overlord Exion thought you might have use for our little Poppet here and better luck getting her to fall into her new role. She refuses to speak other than to throw threats and insults as you have heard, and I would be careful... she has a tendency to bite... it is Exions hope that you will be able to civilize the girl on some level to make her stay here less... traumatic... good luck.
And that was it. She had gone from being forced to spend time with Exion, the overlord of the lycans to being handed off to someone else like property being exchanged, her anger rose and she was all set to rip someones throat out when the man to whom she had been delivered to turned around and her jaw hit the floor. This was not what she was expecting at all. This one looked so much different than the others of the Tribunal... too young to hold such a place of importance but Noble knew age had nothing to do with knowledge. The thing that threw her off the most were his golden eyes, they weren't like Dominics' glowing bright constantly, but they weren't dull either. She stood there for a minute until she realized she was staring and she collected her thoughts quickly thinking maybe just maybe she might be able to coax this one into at least letting her outside. If she could get outside she could be free of whatever the hell hold they had on her with that damn collar disabling her abilities to run through the shadows.
How would you be if you hadn't seen the outside world in three months? I know it's been that long because the last time I saw the outside world, the leaves were still falling from the trees and now it's colder. None of you know what you've done do you? You wish to know what I can do? Take this damn thing off me... let me outside and I'll show you... but I can't promise that you'll survive if you do.
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Tell the Overlord that I will be the only one dealing with her from here on out. If he has anything to say about it he can come speak with me later, though you all might want to remember just who it is I am.

He looked to his guest after the other one left. He shook his head and looked at her. He was not sure that this one was going to be got under control he stood in front of her.

You might want to watch that tongue of yours because if you are not careful you might find yourself without it. If you choose to bite me so be it but I must tell you I find biting to be more exciting than painful. So you take your chances if you bite me. You might also find yourself missing some teeth. Now if you want to go outside I can bring you and as long as you are near me the collar will not cause you any pain. Though you know what happens if you do try to escape. You are a slave, and that is the life that you are subjected to leave. You can leave your empty threats at the door. I have no use for them
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 pm

I never said I would bite you...
Christ what in the hell kind of mess was she in now? This one was not like the others at all, the others thought she was cute like an amusing little puppy but this one actually threatened to knock her teeth out? Hell no.
I said you wouldn't survive.
This one had an arrogance she knew well, but not well enough to trust he wouldn't follow through with what he said. Talen was arrogant and confidant but he would never raise a hand to her, this one would probably flatten her if given the chance. Still she wasn't going to back down, she had spent too many years cowering afraid of who she was, what she was and Talen had taught her how not to be afraid, she was not going to let those teachings be lost on her.
Find someone else for your little fetish then... I only bite when I'm hungry and you would not suit my palate or quench my thirst as it is. I am no slave but your kind seem too stupid to be able to comprehend the thought so let me enlighten you to who I really am. Oh I tried speaking with your elders but they act more like retarded dogs than anything so I hope that you have at least a shred of intelligence to understand what is going to happen to you and yours because you have kept me here and have mistaken me for something I am not. Empty threats... the Order of the Elite do not make empty threats...
She saw recognition flare in his eyes at the mention of the order and an ebony brow arched.
I have no use for witless animals who do not have the sense to realize when they have put their very existence into jeopardy.... my King and Queen are not going to be amused by any of this... nor will my dark father... surely you have heard of the Deathstalkers? Your best bet would be to take this damn thing off me and let me return to my home, to my family... I can assume that you know of the Deamons as well... or are you as dimwitted as your kin to not know the chaos that will befall you all once the Elite and my family uncover the truth of what has happened to me?
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 pm

I know of the Order of the Elite and I know of the Deamons. I also know if you were one of them you would not have been in Fable dressed in the slave garments you were wearing. You were bought and paid for, though the practice is a bit disgusting at times I am sure you have been well taken care of here. Especially if you have been chosen for me, none would dare to raise a hand to you as I like fresh unbeaten meat. Even when just for pleasure.

He crossed his arms and looked at her looking her over.

I can tell you were not brought here for me to play with because you leave much to be desired after all. Now be a good little pet and calm yourself. I will look into your claims of being one of the elite for I do know one of the Shadows and owe my life to him. For when I was born there were complications and this healer helped my mother and I. Though he was unable to save my Mother he saved me and took care of me until my father arrived to collect me. The tribe had been attacked and my Mother had gone into labor with me. It will take me time to get my answers but I suggest you be a good pet in that time.


He reached over and touched her face giving it a gentle pat and grinned at her. Oh she was going to be a fun one to deal with.

Plus pet if you were one of them they would be raising cain to get you back and since nothing has been said I do believe you are a liar.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:15 pm

You do that... ask your questions make your inquiries and when you do make sure you have a message delivered to Talen Deamons telling him that his Noble is being held like some sort of prized pig...
Apparently this one was just as stupid as the others yet she found herself telling him more than she had been willing to tell the others. For one, she told him her name, maybe that was because he said he would actually look into her so called claims.
Which one was it? The one that brought you into the world? Mathias? No I can't see it being Mathais... he has never had any part of the Elite, at least not until Alistar Runtsor tried to bring my King and Queen to ruin and it became necessary he come to Pallia. That leaves Aranor... which would make sense given his wandering and learning from all over the world... before he met Payten that is...
He reached over and touched her. Actually put his hands on her and she bit her lip to keep herself from taking that hand an snapping it at the wrist. Wrist! She would have smacked herself in the forehead if it wouldn't have made her look as stupid as she claimed his people to be.
You seem to know more than most about the Order... then you would know the mark that is almost impossible to fake because it is burned into the flesh of each member of the Order and if anyone not of the Order is caught baring that mark falsely... they are put to death... what I wonder is do you know the mark of the Stalkers? The mark we all chose to bear once Helena became our Mistress and Queen in Darkworld....
She held her arm out and turned it over showing him the inside of her wrist where the mark of the Deathstalkers was visible then turned so he could see the mark on her right shoulder. The mark of the Order of the Elite Shadows. She looked at him from over her shoulder whispering with a hint of sadness in her tone.
I just want to get home. I have a family who probably thinks I'm dead now, I have a life waiting for me... Talen will tear the whole of Avurland to pieces whether he thinks I'm dead or not just to find out what happened to me... what do you think is going to happen when he realizes I'm still alive and all roads lead to your lands and your people? Look at me...
She turned around facing him searching his face, he was different.
I don't have a mark on me other than the marks of my own people, and a few marks from stitches here and there... I don't speak like someone who was born into slavery would... I sure as hell don't act like it.... if I were a slave wouldn't I be falling all over myself and you to please you just to keep myself from being lashed out at or punished in some way? What would be the purpose of lying and saying I was someone, something more than a slave when it would only make sense for you to look into my claims, and I could be punished for such lies... I am Noble Shaffer adopted daughter of Tierney and Toras Deamons and mate to their son Talen. I am the dark daughter of Raven. Helena is my Queen, Wraith my King. So do your little investigation but please, be quick about it not just for my sake or yours for the sake of your tribes. Don't you understand how easily war could break out because of me?
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 am

You aren't so mad at me are you really?
Kiara put the question to Losa once they were alone in the council room. She was going to have to talk to Ramseys later about keeping an eye on Talen, and she almost laughed at herself for the thought, poor Ramseys really could only keep one eye on Talen, but he was still one of the best at going unseen and unheard, the loss of his eye years before seemed to do little to lessen his abilities which Kiara always found admirable and amazing all in one. She sat down in the chair at the head of the table and watched him. Even beneath the black fabric of his shirt she could see his muscles coiled and tense. Especially in his shoulders. Yeah he was mad but it wasn't anything she couldn't fix.
Losa, don't be so mad. I did what I had to do and I know it was sudden and I understand why you could feel the way you do but you have to look at it from my side too. In less than a year this entire family... our very lands... our people were still under the control of that lunatic. Who did that lunatic use against us all? You. Who did that lunatics father have such a hold on at one time that we all fell into darkness? You. And before that with Douglas and Lyon? You. Now hang on and let me finish what I need to say.
She stood up and went to him, approaching him from the back, her arms snaked their way from his back to his chest and her head rested against his back. A slight smile turned the corners of her mouth hearing his heartbeat.
You took your precautions with our children, I did what I felt I had to do without you Angel for no other reason than I am still getting over this latest go round with some damn maniac trying to ruin all that we have. I wasn't trying to leave you out to be mean or cruel, but from my perspective, something needed to be done and I did it, maybe I should have told you but somewhere deep down I was a little afraid... there you heard me... I said I was afraid that maybe whatever was happening was going to take a hold of you in some way and we'd have to fight like hell to get you back again or some damn thing. I'm still imperfect you know, and I will still make mistakes now and then. My mistake this time was not telling you what I was doing and I am sorry Angel. Truly I am.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 am

Many slaves try to pretend to be something they are not even if they know it will cost them in the end sp tell me something Noble. Why were you in Fable dressed as a slave and brought to us as a slave if you are not one. You said it has been three months correct? Don't you think we would have heard something if your claim is true and that he had that much interest in getting you back?

He moved to his other room to get changed and he came back out he knew she could not go far without him so he was not worried about it.

I will start with my inquiries in the morning. Since I am doing this there is a catch for you also. You must behave yourself and act like a good little slave. For if they believe I can not control you there are some harsher men they would give you too. And they would not be as kind as I am offering to be. It is time to rest unless of course you need to feed you will find your stuff has been brought into the small room where I just changed you can be anywhere in these two rooms without me near and the collar will not bother you and the bathing room as well.

He looked at her and laid to stretch out on his bed.

You can go lay on the uncomfortable bed or you can join me does not make a difference to me. But if you think to attack me I will guarantee your death.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:55 am

Why do you think you would have heard something by now? Unless...
The thought slammed into her almost making her fall to her knees. Maybe they weren't looking for her because they had no reason to. If... the thought was just too much to take in... if they really thought she was dead they wouldn't be looking for her, Talen would be raising hell to find out who killed her but he wouldn't be looking for her. She never thought for a second that they would actually believe she was dead but now she wasn't quite so sure.
You say you know about the Order then you would know that they do not announce their business for the world to know every move they make...
Her voice wavered a little when she spoke. If Talen thought she was dead, her heart hurt for what he must be going through. Her captor asked her a question that she only had half an answer for and it was better for her to focus on that answer than to keep thinking about what was happening in Pallia. Still she could not block it all entirely from her thoughts and with each passing second the pain in her heart grew.
I was in Fable sent by my Queen, a routine visit to see that the underground markets were being flushed out accordingly. I wasn't the first to be sent on such a visit, the reshaping of an entire kingdom is a long drawn out process that involves many people. I wasn't in the garb of a slave when I left King Alexanders' palace, I was in everyday common clothes. Wearing the attire of the Elite would have drawn unnecessary attention, I draw enough attention on my own without needing to add to it. The last thing I remember was I had just reached Fables borders and stopped to rest before I... well before I went into the shadows, shadowrunning might be a natural ability for me but it can be tiring if I haven't fed enough or slept enough. I need to do both to survive as much as it annoys me, it is what it is. The next thing I know, I'm here. I don't know what happened or how I got here, I'm just here.
Why in the hell was she telling this man so much? Maybe it was because she really didn't have a choice especially after he enlightened her to a few little details she didn't know about. There was no way she was going to act up enough to land herself in more trouble than she was already in and if what he said was true, if she did act out, she could really end up hurt or worse. So long as no one touched her she could keep herself reigned in no matter how much she wanted to tear throats out. Her bottom lip went between her teeth and she looked down to the floor. He mentioned feeding and dammit if her throat didn't start to itch and her belly start to twinge just a little. When was the last time she fed? Three weeks, and that was only after Exion had forced her to or rather convinced her it would be in her best interest to do so.
Maybe if she kept talking she could ignore the hunger that was starting to build. He said it was time to rest, she said to herself it was time to be distracted.
You asked your questions now it's time I ask mine. What is so interesting about me that your kind seem so intent on keeping me? Do you even know what I am? What I can really do? There are plenty of so called slaves who would be better suited to serve all of you, ones that won't rebel and fight like hell just to be free. If I were born a slave I wouldn't keep trying to get home as hard as I have... ask your Overlord just how many times I've tried to run since I was brought here and ask him where the one called Mekhai went. You guarantee my death? How do you know I cannot promise you your own? And if we are going to play this little game of yours can you at least tell me what I'm supposed to call you? Don't even say Master... I only call one by that title and you are not Aidan Shadow.
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:21 am

I am mad at you Kiara for not thinking about things and for taking steps without me. We do not work best separate and you know it. I did what I had to with our children because of the threat that was made they needed extra protection. I will not let someone go after one of our children to get to you. You need to get over what happened and move on. I know I was almost lost and I know you had to do something you never wanted to do to save me. As much as I understand that you have to understand I have never been willing to go back to the way things were. Were you and I are at odds because you take off to take care of this or that without me. Plus with Aidan being in charge of the order not you or I, you have shown a disrespect to your son's position too. You chose that it was time for him to take over the order yet when something came up what happened you took off without speaking to Aidan or I for that matter.

He leaned his head back against hers and kissed her. Even if he was mad he would not hold back affection for his wife. He stood up and wrapped his arms around her and looked down at her.

If we are going to be our strongest we need to do it together. Now what do you say we go and get some rest and I will take that list with me and so we can go over it some unless we find ourselves otherwise occupied. I am sure Aidan will want to speak with you when he returns. Putting Audrey as a charge to Tierney was a little smart but you know Talen is going to stop at nothing to find Noble if he believe she is alive. As you would not stop knowing I was out there.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:46 am

He threw Aidan at her and she looked down to the floor guilty as sin knowing that she had no real excuse or argument that she could present that would change anything so she lifted her head and smiled almost wickedly instead.
Our prince may be master now but I am still queen am I not? Okay okay don't look at me like that! I was wrong and I will surely have to atone for the actions I took, you know I've never backed down from an decisions I make or the consequences that come along with it but if that boy makes me run I swear to you and the gods I will get him back for it.
Kiara winked at him again, it was her trademark after all even though it seemed so many copied the simple action, it was still her own. She took the paper from his hand and slipped her free hand into his.
Talen is going to have to answer to Aidan if he goes out on his own...
She led him from the council room talking while they walked down the hall.
And I'm not so sure that Aidan will do too much of anything to stand in Talens way. If it were Janessa, you know most of the world would be on it's knees right about now, responsibilities or not Aidan would do everything and anything to find her if he thought she was still alive. Speaking of our son...
They were standing in front of the door to their room, she opened the door and went inside. Right away she started peeling her clothes off, the air felt good on her skin while she walked around the room looking for what she was going to wear to bed.
Did he ask her yet? You and I both know he was going to but I left before...
She pulled one of Losas shirts over her head and pulled her hair out from inside the shirt letting it fall freely around her.
I was gone before I knew whether he did or not. And as for Audrey, I know that Tierney and TJ will keep her safe and do everything they can to make her comfortable enough with them to talk. She can talk you know, she just chooses not because she was so used being beaten every time she opened her mouth. Richard took her in right away as soon as he knew who she was and has loved her like she was his own ever since. Oh! Did Sarabella and Jackson get here? Have they settled in yet and has Ellysia slaughtered your brother yet? You know what?...
She reached out taking hold of by his shirt and pulling him to her.
Right now it doesn't matter... I have some serious apologizing to do to a King I know...
With that being said Jade kissed her husband and went right into showing him and telling him just how sorry she was.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:13 pm

You can call me Lord Ranulf, I do not like the word Master to be honest with you. As I said I will look into the claims you have made to me. I am not the enemy here, though if you want me to be your enemy keep up with the attitude. Maybe you would rather a rougher person to be under? I am not the person to try and push around I may be younger than the rest but ask any damn one of them. There is not one of them that would dare to try to cross me. Lord Trindor is the only one that is even close to my age and want to know why he is on the Tribunal because his father thought it was alright to kill my father. I was younger at the time but the Elder Trindor found his death by my hands. I do not take betrayal and I do not take the bullshit of threats. I do not make threats I make promises and I keep them.

He looked at her judging by her reactions he noticed something and he raised a brow.

I know you have been fed regular food as of late but you are a half breed this much I can tell. So tell me when was the last time that you actually fed? So before we turn in we should find you something to feed from what do you prefer? Human? Animal? Lycan?


He knew there was no danger to him not if she wanted to survive. He was telling the truth that she would be better off with him than with anyone else. He stood there and waited for her to answer.

As I said I will send out the inquiries in the morning and if you so wish you can send a letter to this Talen that you speak of. But as I said there has been no inquiries made about you. I would know as we have people everywhere. I do remember one thing about the elite that one of their members was killed not too long ago but you said that you have been here three months so that could not be you either.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Did you just make a threat about the master of the order? Even as Queen you know that is not allowed. I know that we have much to deal with. As far as what happened with Janessa and Aidan you will need to speak with your son about that. The best punishment for someone is the one that they dislike the most that way maybe they will remember that and not repeat their same mistakes again. You know he could always send you down to the recruit quarters along with that.

He laughed at the thought truth being Aidan probably would not do much to his Mother. After all until the day he admitted his interest in Janessa Aidan's world revolved around his Mother and his siblings. The way Aidan would guard his family was part of what drew some to him. The relationship he had with Aidan was different they had their differences but things were different with them they had been building things piece by piece.

No one will fault Talen if Talen takes off on his own. After all there is not one of us that would not do the same if it was our mate not if there is the chance that she is still alive.

As they got to the room and she started giving her apology all else was forgotten until she was done. He smiled and laid there holding her and kissed her. He was laying with her the lists would have to wait until later they were not forgotten though and he would deal with them but he knew his wife needed something other than the craziness to deal with.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:40 pm

He had walked out with his Mother and Audrey, he could see some resemblance to his Noble but the news changed everything.

Momma I can not just sit back and do nothing, not now, not with the news that Noble may still be out there somewhere. I have to go and see what I can find out. I can't have Dayle following me either I need you to keep her busy for me. If Noble is out there it means something is seriously wrong if she has not contacted us yet. It may not have been her that was found just someone made to look like it was her like you said. I mean really the marks would have had to be duplicated but that is how she was identified was by the markings. Are we sure there was the marking for the wrist for the death stalkers? I know we saw the Elite markings but that is about it. Please understand I know not to do anything to get myself hurt but you also know what Noble means to me.

He hated having to put his mother to where he knew she would worry about him but his Noble may still be alive and he was going to have to find her if she was. He looked at his Mom.

I promise I will check in everyday and will return as often as possible and will be here for the Yuletide but I have to know for sure. I have to know if my Noble is still out there.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:03 pm

When I feed I hunt the lesser civil of Pallias population... the murders and the like... but here I have not been given the choice... here I am given whatever my keepers have seen fit to bring me... which would explain what happened to the one you would call Mekhai.
When he said she was to call him Lord she almost threw up in her mouth a little.
I have no allegiance to you... you are no Lord to me...
She was starting to back away without realizing she was doing it, it was the fight or flight instinct that all creatures were born with, hers had never been broken like a true slaves would have been, and to think that she was going to have to stay longer, that she really didn't know when she would be home again... collar or no collar there had to be a way out. Then he did it. He spoke of being able to write to Talen, and if he was willing to give her that much, she could at least let him do what he said he would and maybe when she was finally back where she belonged she would ask Talen to have a little mercy on him... but not much. She took a breath and willed herself to stay calm, to think before she reacted and to be entirely aware of her surroundings, that was the easy part. The hard part was not reacting.
I don't really care who you are here or anywhere else in the world don't you get that yet? You talk about my attitude... well what would like me to do with it? I am who I am, nothing can be done about that. Make your promises and keep them I will still be me. I have not threatened you but I know I have tried to give you fair warning about what will happen when Talen realizes what has happened..
She went to say more but stopped when he mentioned that one of the Elite had been killed. All the color drained from her face making her paler than usual and she took a step back silently begging the gods to keep Talen or Tierneys name from falling from Ranulfs lips.
Not Talen...
She whispered the words more to herself than anything. If Talen was gone she would know, she would feel it in her heart, in her very soul.
Who? Please if you have even the smallest idea... who of the Order has died? Why am I asking you? If you knew you would have said who... you said I could write to Talen... how do I know my letter will be delivered... you know I will tell him everything and where I am... why would you allow me to do such a thing?
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kyle Runtsor » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:05 pm

He knew that the death of Noble had hit Devyn hard especially after losing Saydie like they had. He stayed close to her doing everything and anything he could for her. He knew that she was worried about Talen and what Talen was going to do do. He also understood Talen's side in it all and he sat thinking about things.

I know I am older than most when they start doing things but I was thinking Dev what would you think if I started training to be Elite? I mean I know some about different things I have some skills that could be sharpened. I just do not know how some would react if I went to try.

He knew some would always see him as an outsider as the son of the bastard mage and the brother of the lunatic mage that had tried to bring so much destruction to the Shadowlands and family. He wanted to be able to break free of that and of all the junk in his past.

I have already thought about it, not that it will change how others look at me already I am going to change my last name not sure to what though but wanted to talk to you about since if some day you do marry me it will become your last name as well.
User avatar
Kyle Runtsor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talus Ranulf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Not Talen, but Talen's mate was killed from my understanding. So that is why I have trouble believing who you say you are. I happened to be going through Pallia and passed through when I heard the last rites being given. I can even describe Talen to you. Maybe you do know Talen but considering I saw how the man was I have no doubt that his mate is buried. The way you back up makes me wonder just how truthful you have been to me. You have asked me what to call me and I have told you. You can choose to do so or you can suffer what the others will do. For if I can not handle you one of the others will take you and by the time the word reaches Pallia there is a good chance you would be dead. As you know not all here are kind. Well as far as what to feed off of I will take care of that for you we have one that seems to be your type and as long as you are close to me no harm will come from the collar. So either we can go out, or you can stay here and I will bring you your meal.

He stood there he was not amused by this woman at all. He looked at her and then spoke in a more serious tone.

You are willing to accept my help but you are not willing to give me what is needed in return. If you can not do as such I can not help you. The only reason why the others did not lay a hand on you like they have done to other slaves that have disobeyed them is because you were being saved for me, it is that simple. So now tell me whether you are willing to work with me or not. If you are who you say you are I will have no problem having you returned to those lands. In fact I will personally find out who you were bought from and will find the man myself. As I can find out that information and you obviously do not know who sold you. The choices are yours to make.
User avatar
Talus Ranulf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users