Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:05 pm

He isn't going to approve of this Helena.
Jade and Kahn were walking the long corridor of the manor that wound it's way to the rooms below the black bricks, going into the belly of Black Rose. Orders were already handed down to a select few of the Elite and the Deathstalkers, those select few were who Kiara saw as being the best of the best within the entire order and she had no doubts that they would accomplish what they were sent out to do.
My king may not approve but he will also understand that as Queen it is my right. Who am I to expect anyone to follow orders without question if I am not willing to take the same risks as everyone else?
She knew the answer she was going to get but that wasn't going to change her mind.
You are Queen of Pallia, needed by your people to be safe and you have a responsibility to your people...
She glanced over at him while they walked.
A responsibility that I do not take lightly and never have, and it is for my people that I am doing this. Do I need to remind you who Nobles father was? Or her mother for that matter? Do we not owe it to Talen, to Tierney and Toras, to Raven to find justice for this atrocity that befell their Noble? Kahn, Raven had to be restrained... you know he loved Noble as if she were his own.
And what do I tell his Majesty when he finds you gone so close to the rising sun? That you have just run off? What of the Master? What do I tell our Prince? That his mother has already...
I have already left a letter for Aidan telling him that I have sent the elf to Uldermine, and why. As for what I am doing, I am simply hunting, Trubador is the best place for me to start given that is where Noble was from, Richard will know if there were any who learned who she was. As for the sun... I have survived this long Kahn, I believe I know my way around the world when it is basking in the light of day.
They reached their destination, stopping before a painting of Lucius Ravenwing. Kiaras hand reached out and a finger ran deftly down the cheek painted on the canvas.
Hello old friend, it seems I need your help once more...
She whispered to the painting then reached around pressing a small button on the back of the frame. The painting slid along the wall opening to a passage way.
Everything my king and my prince need to know are in the instructions I left for them and they will have you and the entire council to guide them, I have to do this Kahn. We may be one Order but there are some parts of my world that no matter how much I wish to I cannot share with my King because he is not of darkworld, and gods willing he never will be. Go on now.
She entered the passage and the painting slid back into it's rightful place. While she walked within the walls of the manor to passageways that went even father beneath the earth Kiara thought of the trouble she had just brought on herself by leaving without saying so much as a word to Losa, but he would understand that she needed to move fast and it wasn't like she was leaving them in the dark, she trusted Losa, Aidan, Bennett and Con to know what to do with what she left for them in the letter.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Really Equinox.
Katies arms folded over her chest, a brow raised and there was a cocky smirk on her face, something that was out of the ordinary for her, but with her new life came confidence, not arrogance, Katie Joy would never be arrogant, but to hear Quinn talk, it was like she was the same delicate Katie she had been before, easily broken.
The fewer that are around the more you will blend in as just wolves running? And anyone who happens across this pack of wolves running isn't going to be a little... surprised to say the least? Yet I can run, hidden better than any wolves could, and still you think to keep me from going? I don't think so.
They were half way to the hall, Katie Joy knew her new outlook was going to be a little difficult for Quinn to adjust to, but she had faith in him and in who they both were that in time those adjustments would be made and they would both settle into their life just as they did everything else. With grace and class.
You don't have to worry like you used to Quinn. You are right about one thing, the most important thing right now, finding answers. So let's get to the hall, and see where we stand as far as this situation goes and we'll take it from there.
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:56 am

I am not twisted and perverted. As I told you I just knew that as long as I could get you to fight and argue with me that you would be ok. After all you are one stubborn woman.
He grinned and waked with her listening to her and just wanting to walk with her.
I would only put you to sleep in the most extreme case. I know Nala would need some reassurances but you also can not risk getting hurt more. I know she is just a child and that she needs to be protected. But think of this if something happened while you were doing something to the extreme while doing things for Nala you know Nala would feel bad.
He smiled while walking with her with her arm through his and he had just got used to her doing that. Part of it had started when she could barely walk.
Nope I do not plan on weaving magic to knock you out. But I could go back and lay with you until I bore you to sleep. You know that has worked more than once. Or we can see what got you so restless and see what we can do about it.
He smiled and brought her the drink and sat down with her to have a drink. He had got comfortable around her like he had thought would not happen. He leaned and kissed her cheek.
If you do not behave yourself I will just tell Nala.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:15 am

Maybe that's why you're able to bore me to sleep... you're so... what's the word I'm looking for here? Ah yes that's it... virtuous.
I know I don't need to tell a damn one of you that he was right, he did pick fights with me on purpose because amazingly enough he had gotten to know me well enough to understand that I was not one of those types of people that just walked through life surviving, I had to feel life and to know that I was alive. An adrenaline junkie is what Sarabella would call me, I just look at it like this. What's the point in being in the world if you're just going to trek through it with with your head down looking at your feet from day to day when you could be out in the world really knowing life. I admit after Warren died I subconsciously had a bit of a deathwish I suppose. I mean I would get myself into the strangest predicaments just to see if I could get out of them and if I did okay, if not well that was okay too. That was a long time ago though and my days of death seeking did not last long at all. You know it's funny when you are face to face with death, you really get your head out of your ass an appreciate everything and everyone around you. Even arrogant, pushy, high and mighty healers.
Don't use Nala as a weapon against me Healer, I know what I need to do for myself, and for her. Now if you are done making empty threats with that baby, have you heard if Jackson and my Sarabella will be here for Yuletide?
I have never, never for as long as I can remember missed the holiday with Sarabella and Nala, we have always been together, Peter would not have it any other way. My thoughts went to Peter for a few minutes and I know I was smiling sadly to myself. Peter was such a good man, and I missed him. Sarabella still blamed herself for what happened to him I know this much just because I know my girl, but I also believed that in time and with help from Jackson, she would let go of her guilt and together they would have their life and give Nala the family she needed and deserved. The Hall came alive suddenly, there were people scattering everywhere, we could hear them from the kitchen and I looked at the healer over my drink.
We're staying out of it aren't we? If it had anything to do with Sarabella or Jackson we would have been told by now... still shouldn't we offer help at least or are your plans for bed still set in stone?
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:20 am

I am not sure if Sarabella and Jackson will be here or not. I did recieve word that there was a bit of a hunting accident and the Advisor Franklin died along with a few others that were plotting against Sarabella. Though Sara and Jackson were visiting her god parents at the time, So there was not any danger to them at all.
He knew what had really happened but he was not going to mention that to her, he was sure that it went without saying. He knew once Jackson had heard anyone would think to harm Sara or Nala he would not stand for it. He had already decided that was his family. He was not going to let anyone do anything to hurt them.
I know Jackson was thinking they would be back in time just by what he has told me he wants done before they get here. He wants to make sure that there is a tree and he gave me specifics of gifts he wanted taken care of. I am not sure what else he is thinking but I never thought I would see Jackson so serious about someone especially not someone that comes from the higher part of society, Then again Sara is not like the others. It makes me happy to see him so happy. I knew Harper and Braxton would find someone but I was not so sure about Jackson not after what he had been put through it had left him not really wanting anything, But there is something about Sara that changed that for him
He smiled thinking about the things that Jackson had asked him to make sure was done also.
I know you were worried about them getting together but I do not see anything bad cominf of it, even if part of it was the way they connected. I also know I can see the light in Jackson's eyes whenever he looks and sees Sara. And Nala well seeing how he is about Nala just makes me think that little girl could ask for a star and Jackson would try and find a way to get it for her.
He had watched those that were going around and how busy things seemed to be getting. With a smile he looked at her. He knew that if they were needed they would be approached.
I will use anything I need to when making sure you do not make things worse for yourself is it so bad that I want to make sure you do not slip in your recovery? I would say we should get to turning in, and I promise I will talk and try to bore you to sleep since I seem to have that way with you. We have a busy day tomorrow we bring Nala to see the house, and also there are other things we need to get done. I know by the sounds of it Jackson is planning on being here in time but he has me going to get a few things taken care of gift wise for him
That was all he was going to say about anything that Jackson had given him to accomplish. He stood and put his hand out to her, he decided to take a bottle with them as it would not be so bad to spend some time talking with her and spending time til they were asleep with her.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:18 am

wrong thread
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:28 am

I fell into the habit that so many in Pallia seem to have. This realm, these lands are the strangest lands that I have ever stepped foot on, and the longer I stayed the more attached I was becoming, which made me wonder deep down if that was the healers plan. Get me to fall in love with the lands so I wouldn't leave? Maybe. So this habit that I developed was simple enough. Each night when I put my head to the pillow Mathias the healer was right next to me. We spent our nights talking, fighting, and I admit in the beginning stages of my recovery when my nerves were starting to heal there was a lot of crying and a hell of alot of cussing, but we both survived and kept up with our little ritual even when it no longer became necessary that he watch over me. I learned plenty about the healer during the time we spent together, it wasn't quite that easy getting either one of us to open up to one another at first but once we both started letting the other in, talking came naturally. I heard the story of his wife Jessica who sounded to me like the perfect woman for Mathias, she wasn't strong like me, not in the sense that she ran her mouth or had the kind of attitude that someone like me has, but she had her own strength, a quiet strength that from what I could see through Mathias stories, he and his children thrived off of. That was a good thing and it made me sad for him that he lost such a great love. It also made me laugh hearing how Losa had narrowly escaped being forced into marrying her, his salvation was the red headed assassin who would one day be Queen, which in turn made him King. Funny how the world works isn't it? Losa and Kiara running off the way they did left Mathias free to marry his Jessica and in return Losa had a Spitfire to call his own. So there we were getting settled in for the night, there wasn't even a thought that maybe Mathias should start sleeping in his own bed when I got into bed and he slipped in next to me. We never went right to sleep, we always talked some first, and contrary to what he says, he's never bored me to sleep, I'm just able to relax enough to fall asleep when he talks, you would too if you heard the timber of his voice. I was sitting up with my knees drawn to my chest and my chin resting on my knees thinking the most absurd thing. If I had my hair back it would be falling all over, but I was stuck with the peach fuzz for now.
I'm sure they'll be here, Sarabella would never leave Nala to celebrate without her, especially not with it being their first real holiday without Peter. Damn glad to hear Franklin is gone, can't lie about that, I always hated that snake, you have no idea just how much and if say that Sara and Jackson were in Iallia at the time then I don't have to worry about backlash falling on either of them. You're surprised that there are upper class people in the world that don't run around with their noses in the air? Sarabella is as high society as one can get but she has always been more comfortable in the common world, she's always done what's been expected of her and she'll always do what she can for those less fortunate than her no matter what her station in life is. That's just Sarabella and Nala has always enthralled anyone she's ever come in contact with so it's no surprise that she has so many here eating out of the palm of her hand.
Yawning I sank back against the pillows and stretched my legs out.
You should try and get some sleep healer, I don't know why I'm so restless tonight...
Yes I did, but it was my own matter to deal with, it wasn't fair to Mathias for me to let my mood affect his sleep, I knew what was wrong, I wanted to go to Hallia just so I could lay the stargazer lily on his grave like I have done every year since his death, but for me to show my face in Hallia while Kayne was still gaining control of the realm and cleaning up the mess, would not have been smart. I be able to get back there one day, this was just not going to be that day, and I was going to have to be all right with that, wasn't it time I started letting go a little more anyway?
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Dayle Deamons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:02 am

Talen...
Dayle was let into the round room by Raven who was standing guard outside the door with Creedy and Adam just as a precaution should Talen break free and get out of the Round Room. Tierney had given them specific orders pertaining to her son and none of them would even think of going against Helenas' own dark child, but they could not with clear minds or hearts keep Dayle from her brother. Dayle went to her brother and slipped her hand in his, there were tears welling in her eyes that she would not allow to fall, not yet, but they did reflect the hurt she felt for her brother and from her own hurt at having been the one to find... no it was best not to think about that. It was going to take a long time for Dayle to be able to sleep at night and not see the dismembered head of her brothers Noble set in that box waiting for someone to happen upon it at the hall.
Tal... you have to listen to Dai. Please Talen... we don't know what we are dealing with yet and if you go off into the calmness of your storm... what is going to happen to me or to Devyn if something happens to you?Prala.. shanglo will be done and justice will be found for your monisha but let it happen the Pallian way, the way of the Order our ways, Romaniya shanglo.. cannot be done here. No one is expecting you to leave this alone Tal... I am begging you to just wait, you know what our mother and father have both taught us... lay quiet and still, like a snake in the grass until your prey is close enough... then strike. Lay still Talen, for just a little while... for me... for Devyn and Lucky... for Mommy and Daddy... for Saydie Talen. Please.
User avatar
Dayle Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 pm

What is on your mind Ellysia, I know it is not Sara and Jackson. I know it is not anything you have spoke about tonight. You can try and argue with me but we both know I know you better than to believe it is just nothing. After all that we have been through we have been honest with each other about everything else. I can tell when something is bothering you.

He moved to put his arms around her gently. He knew there were few things that made the woman clam up. So he figured it was something that was really bothering her. So he held her and spoke to her softly.

You know whatever is bothering you, I will do whatever I can to help with. I will try not to fight with you about it either.


He winked when he said that part he was looking at her and placed a kiss to her forehead. He was not sure what was going on with her but he also was not going to let her go through it all alone either. He grinned and thought about Jackson and Sarabella.

I know that Sara is different there are not many like her. She has been good for Jackson, so has Nala honestly. I have seen more of my son come back since they have been around him. I just worry about him more so after what the other one had done to him. I know she is not Sara and Sara would not do that. But still it is only natural for a parent to worry.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:28 pm

He got the letter and started to handle the things he needed to. He was not happy that she just up and left like that, that was not the way that they worked. It just was not them. It was them before they actually became one, but then he would not even know what was going on. He knew Rayne had been sent to Fable he was sure his brother was not going to be happy about that. He was going over things in his mind and looking at different angles. He had to gather the information that was given to him. Then it go brought to him a note along with all the things he was going through the note that made him gather the council and head for Black Rose, Aidan still was not to be disturbed. He even called for the older of the Elite giving them their instructions as well. He knew that if how he took what was head this was a direct hit at the family. One that was going to keep trying to come. He also knew by the words that this was not over yet.
So you found the head, the body and the hand,
this is just the start you must understand.
One at a time the Queen's family will fall,
until I get to the heart to the one that is all.
Tears will come, blood tears will be shed,
by the one that I wish only to see dead.
The attack will tear the Queen apart,
especially with the death of her heart.


He read that over and over. He had gone over the note with every scent and all and there was nothing. This one was going to be frustrating as hell. He knew where Kiara went, he knew that he had to put extra people on watching the kids all 6 of them. Their niece and nephew could be in danger as well because they had been just like their own. He looked at the others and he was not going to bullshit people or lie.

You know that that note says, you know that there are some that this person could go after. We need to find this and put a stop to it before it goes even further. He started laying out the plans according to Kiara's note and the newer revelations.

He looked at TJ and Tierney.

TJ i need you to go to where Kiara is and let her know about the note. Let her know the precautions that have been taken. Though I did not pick up a scent on the paper I can tell that it was written awhile ago, there is no fresh smell of ink. We all need to be on our guard.


He knew he needed SJ back here as well and he knew given who was involved Pixie would understand or at least he hoped she would not give SJ a problem. They did need SJ in Fable to keep an eye on things and also as an extra protection for Rayne without anyone knowing him he should be safe. He had sent for Katie Joy and Quinn who were already on their way and for Riley. He also informed the family that they were to move back to the Hall as crowded as things might become it was going to be safest for people to be there or in Ithilien.

Katie what I need from you is this note arrived. The paper reminds me more of paper that would be used to draw not write. I know there are some different styles of the paper and was wondering if you would recognize where this one was from. Maybe if we can find that out than we will be able to get some more clues. I have already taken the precautions of getting people to watch over the kids without being too intrusive.

He knew he still had to deal with his niece but he also knew that was going to take time. It would not surprise him though if James showed up wanting to help with what was going on. He did hope that his niece was getting the rest that she would need. He also knew that a certain bird that could be useful especially with his talents of moving through the trees without being seen.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Would you be laying still if it was Jon? or would Dev be laying still if it was Kyle? How can any of you tell me how I should be reacting when none of you have been there. Dad is about the only one that knows what I am feeling. Are you going to tell me he just sat back when he found out what happened to Mom? You know he would not and did not. Noble deserves better. I can not sit back in the grass and wait this is not some thief we are trying to catch. Someone was murdered, not just someone but one of us and none of us know why.

He looked at his sister his anger had not settled down and he knew that was not a good thing. But he also knew he had to take care of things the way that would not get more people killed. After all this was more personal to some than to others. He sighed and looked at his sister.

I am not going to go off and do anything crazy just yet. All I want to do is go find some answers. None of this makes sense why now, why Noble? I need answers don't you understand that. If it was Winter do you think that Lucky would be calm hell I am sure Lucky is going to be keeping more of an eye on Winter now. No one would just sit back if it was the person they loved. How can anyone expect me to do that?

His impatience was growing. He was moody and just was not in the mood for games and he felt like no one understood where he was coming from.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Dayle Deamons » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:33 am

I had to lay still and wait when Saydie died... then again I wasn't given much choice.
Dayle looked at her brother, she knew he was angry, it rolled off him like a tidal wave coming in to destroy everything on the shores of some lone town caught in his path. No one could blame him for feeling what he felt, Noble was part of their family but she was so much more to Talen. Talen who never showed even the slightest interest in any one woman for longer than the time it took for him to see that most were flighty or only after power and prestige had seen something in Noble that made him let her in. He had even done something that Dayle thought would never happen, in the beginning of their relationship Dayle knew that Noble had tried running from Talen because of who she was, or rather who her father was, and Talen hunted her down setting her straight, above all else he didn't give up. Dayle looked at her father then, he was standing next to their mother with his arms around her, it was so easy to tell that he was thinking back to a time before any of them were born, that time was when Nobles father had weaved such an intricate plot against Tierney which left the whole of Pallia believing she was dead. If it hadn't been for Richard, now King of Trubador and his efforts, their mother would not be with them now, and none of them would even exist.
Tell him Daddy. Tell Talen how you did have to wait, how Kiara asked for the time the Elite needed to get at least some small answers, how no one even breathed without Jades permission because she didn't want anything to go wrong, she wanted all the facts and she wanted you and everyone else to be prepared the right way for what was to come.
Getting through to Talen was going to be next to impossible but Dayle had to try for many reasons, but most of all and this was purely selfish on her part, she was not strong enough to lose another sibling the way she had lost Saydie. If anything happened to Talen or Lucky and Devyn, Dayle knew she would go into a downward spiral and this time she didn't know if anyone would be able to bring her back.
A week Talen... give them a week... Noble needs rites... you have to be here as her mate to see that they are done the way she would have approved of... just a week please Tal... I have never asked you for anything Talen Toras Deamons .... let Jonathan and Kira do what they do best, they've already left... you know how this is going to be handled Talen, you know you have to wait and let those chosen by Kiara and Losa do what they've been ordered to do... it's just a week Talen, and you know why you can't do anything right now. It's always been this way when we lose one of our own in such a way...
Almost as if on cue their parents were called for by the King, to meet in the council room. It was already beginning, she just hoped that Talen would think seriously about what she said and if he didn't then they were going to have another problem on their hands.
If you can't wait just a week Talen, I can understand why but you have to understand... where you go from this point on... I go... she was my family too.
That was all Dayle said when she left the Round Room.
User avatar
Dayle Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 am

Do you have to know everything healer?
I wasn't mad at him for asking what he did, keep in mind I did grow close to this man during my recovery and he did become probably my closest friend, I know scary isn't it? The point is there was no reason for me to be mad but sometimes I didn't think it was necessary to have to share every little detail with him. I don't know if this was one of those times or not to be honest with you, my handling of Warrens death has always been my own, Sarabella knows the details, and she saw me one time since that night shed tears, but not since then, and I have always dealt with his passing in my own way. Was I ready to share something so personal with anyone else? I guess I must have been because before I realized just what I was doing I settled into the healers arms leaning into his chest and sighed.
What do you do when the anniversary of your wifes death date is upon you Mathias? Every year since his death I go to his grave at night and I leave a small token of remembrance, something that had meaning to us both for the life lost, the life that should have grown into more than what it had become. Warren was a man solid in his beliefs, his sense of right and wrong... you know all this we've talked about the kind of man he was... and you know he was also a man who was not afraid to dream of what the future could hold. I always leave a stargazer lily on his grave on the night of his death to remind any who knew him of all that he was dreams and all. This year, tonight, will be the first time that has not happened. Don't worry, I'm alright, just a little restless, it happens every year at this time, and I always get through it. It's been years since he died and I think maybe by not going tonight... I don't know. It's not to worry over but I do appreciate you being here healer, I really do.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:14 am

He got the word that he was needed back in Pallia he almost told them right where to go then he was told why. He was not sure how Pixie was going to react to it. But he knew that he would not being called for if it was not important.

Pix I know you need this time with all of us, all of us need this time. If it was anyone else involved then it would not even have me bringing up the subject. Pix there was a body found... actually first a hand was sent then the body was found than the head was found. Pix in all the things they can tell it was Noble.


He shook his head slightly looking at her.

I do not know what to do Pix. You know I do not want to leave you this has nothing to do with the elite for why I want to go. It has to do with Noble and what she means to Talen, to TJ and Tierney. If you tell me that you do not want me to go I will not go. They think some answers lay in Fable. Rayne has already been sent ahead but there are few of us that actually know Fable. What do you think?


He was sitting there with his arms around her. Sure he wanted to stay right where he was but he knew the importance of helping with what was going on as well. He took a breath in and sighed.

I know this is the safest place for everyone it got so many wards and all on it. After what happened with the demon that time.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:28 am

He laid there listening to her and he knew the pain she was feeling to an extent only she had been without Warren for a lot longer than he had been without Jessica.

For me with Jessica I still go and lay flowers when I can. She loved flowers. I find that it helps sometimes to go there. Reflect on things at times. I have made to make sure to make it their on her birthday, our anniversary, and the anniversary of the day she left this world. As you know after she died I did not show interest in much of anything. Well that was until my brother landed on my doorstep needing my help. Even then I wanted to just go back home once he and Kiara were taken care of then this whole other stuff started.


His knuckles brushed against her cheek gently.

If you want to go there we can go through the shadows and be back before most would notice we are gone. That is up to you, maybe it will help with what you are feeling to go there. That is if you can trust a healer.

Both of them had lost loves and he knew it was harder on her in some ways as he was murdered. Even though he had time to prepare to know that he was going to lose Jessica it was still hard. He thought about Jessica and had to smile. How many times when she was sick did she make him promise he would live his life and not avoid life. That was what he had done at first then he got thrown into this whole mess.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda Jane Deamons » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 am

Oh my god... Noble? Are they sure?
Cyranda Jane sat down hard on the bench at the table in the kitchen, her arms tightened around the baby she held, she had just sent Stone and Jillian from the house demanding that she be allowed some time with her grandson which in turn would give her son and his wife some much needed alone time. Alone time was important even if they were all in Ithilien together, husbands and wives still needed their time. Stryder had come into the kitchen while she was in the middle of feeding the baby, named after his grandfather and nicknamed Lil' Growler, truth was she didn't think the name suited the baby even though he picked up the habit of his grandfathers growling, there was only one Growler in the world and that right in her eyes belonged to Stryder and Stryder alone. Of course any thought that was thinking when it came to the nickname was forgotten when Stryder entered the kitchen for two reasons. One was the baby in her arms, who started growling the moment Stryders arms went around her and the second was the news that her husband brought.
Let me finish with the baby...
She finished feeding the baby, then took him to give him a bath, when she was through with that she dressed him in pajamas then sat with him in the same room where Katie Joy first met Quinn, and she rocked him until he was asleep. After she put him down for the night she took Stryder by the hand and led him from the room to the main living room of the house where she promptly pushed him down on the couch then curled up in his lap.
You don't think this has anything to do with...
She stopped herself from saying the actual words, to even think that maybe somehow this was just backlash, aftermath of what happened with Alistar, made her stomach hurt.
Don't sit here and tell me you don't know what to do. You know damn well what to do. Not a damn one of them gave up on me when that whole mess happened... Saydie died because of what happened... and still to this day if we needed them, TJ, Tierney, Talen... all of them would be right there. Do I want you to go? Hell no. Do you need to? Hell yes. We don't just owe it to them, they are family. This is not any damn elite matter, this is a family matter, it's not some third cousin or far removed nephew that needs you, it's your brothers son. I can't pretend I'm okay with this but I can't expect you to stay here... you know Stone and Ash are going to want to help and as soon as Astrid...
Cyranda thought of Astrid and she started shaking her head.
That sneaky little witch... she said she had something to take care of earlier and that she would be back in time for supper... I bet she already knew and she's already.... she hasn't come back yet and come to think of it I haven't seen your son for a few hours now either. Okay... you have to go, and you're right, as it stands right now, this is the safest place for the rest of us to be, I won't risk bringing that baby back to Pallia not knowing if anyone else is a damn target. Just promise me... I mean it Stryder Joseph... I don't want a mark on you... not even a scratch this time and if it comes down to your life or someone elses life except for my children because I know no ones lives are put before theirs... you better be the one that is still standing in the end do you understand me?
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda Jane Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 am

Trust a healer? Hell no.
Still even as I said it my finger wove with his, this healer was no ordinary healer at all and did I trust him? Hell yes but I wasn't going to tell him that, his ego and arrogance do not need to be fed anymore you understand? Bottom line is Mathias knew me and without saying too much at all he made everything that night better.
Through the shadows huh? You're sure you're up for it healer? It is fairly late now and I know how cranky you can get when you don't get enough sleep...
He knew I was full of it, I have seen this man run for three days on no sleep at all and still keep that calmness about him that most would kill for especially if he's dealing with a patient, well so long as that patient isn't me then watch the hell out because he doesn't have any reservations about lighting into me if I test his nerves too much. Now here's the really odd part. Mathias was offering to take me to Hallia, and yet there was this part of me that wasn't sure I even wanted to go. I don't know Mathias. I want to go, but at the same time I don't. I know it makes no sense but at the same time, it does make sense to me. I'm not saying that I am ever going to forget Warren, but if you and even Sara are so intent on me starting this new life... how would going to the grave a man whose been dead for so long help with that except make me think of a past that will never have any future? I'm not saying I'll never go back again, I just think tonight, staying here might be the first real step towards this new life I seem fated for. Does that make better sense?
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:04 pm

It was only a suggestion though I would not mind taking you, you are the only one that could know for sure what is best for you. Lost loved ones are never easy to deal with, and even if you want to do something to remember him it does not mean you can not start a new life. I know that Jessica will always be a part of me. Though my loss is a bit more fresh compared to yours but it does not mean we do not feel the same things. If you think not going is going to be better for you than we will just stay just like this and not move. I was thinking tomorrow night if you wanted we could go grab dinner at the inn. It would give you a change of scenery well except for the company.

He did want her to start a new life he knew it would help her deal with things better. His hand stayed with hers and he smiled at her.

Plus I only get cranky when I get a stubborn patient. So long as I get some sleep and someone behaves herself I will be fine.

He leaned and kissed her cheek he grinned at her he had thought about kissing her like he had earlier but then he thought being kicked out of bed might not be a pleasant thing especially when he was comfortable.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 pm

He waited for her and then leaned and kissed her.

I know I need to go for our family. Solstice knows what is going on and they are going to stay put here too. She knows all the ins and outs of this place if something does happen just you and Jillian follow her lead there are precautions that were taken. I will try not to come back with any scratches which should not be too hard unless of course there are the times that can not be helped.


He smiled and lifted her up and kissed her again.

I will be back as soon as I can, while I am gone try not to get into too much trouble.


He winked at her and then got the stuff he gathered while he was waiting on her to be done. He knew what got told to him so he was not going to waste the time to go to the Hall before heading for Fable. He knew he could also keep somewhat of an eye on Rayne as well. He could fit into the role of one of the assholes quite well. He was not going to have an issue with any of it. He knew the seedier part of town and that is where he got a room. He went down to the tavern and decided the game needed to start there. He knew he was going to have to observe first.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:40 pm

You don't understand Dayle none of you do except maybe our father. But our Mother is not dead my Noble is gone, and right before. Well that does not matter now does it. I really have no choice now do I since I am being caged in here like some damn animal. When I do decide to go somewhere who is to say I will let you go with.

He watched his sister leave and then in came Lucky. Lucky knew exactly how to push his buttons and even though Talen knew that is what he was doing he let it happen. They could brawl pretty much to a draw normally. Talen knew what his Mother was trying to do earlier but he would not do it because he would not take a swing at his own Mother. In fact he would knock the hell out of anyone he caught raising a hand to a woman except in the cases where it was necessarry. These men that were like Harrison McKenna were just the type that Talen would love to get his hands on. But that was besides the point. They went at it for quite awhile bloody lips and all when they got done is when Talen started to break down with the realization and the truth that Noble was gone and they had no idea who did it or why. He knew his family would not let it go, as he would not let it go either. He did not want to be weak he wanted to be able to get things figured out and get those responsible there would be time, his lifetime to mourn Noble. He knew as soon as he got her to stop running from him that there was no one else for him. He had even planned on telling her that more so than before when she got back from Fable. He had even thought of going there to see her, but when it came down to it he knew he could not because of the work that she was doing there was important. He let out a heavy sigh pushing away from his brother and then going and leaning against a wall.

She is gone really gone isn't she Lucky.


He did not even want to hear the answer his brother was going to give. He leaned against the wall shaking trying to control what he was feeling but right then his anger was building still. Noble who had been through so much now had been killed in an awful way.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Noble Shaffer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:14 pm

I still don't know why, there is no reason or rhyme to what's happened, all I know is that I am not home and I don't know if I ever will be again...
These were the words that were being written on the pages of the journal that the half breed kept, days had gone by since she last laid eyes on her home, and the people who loved her. Her journey to where she was now started in the town of Fable, a one time slave trading port that was being reinvented into something so much more under the rule of the new King. Alexander Lemas was a good man with morals and values that would not stand for something such as the slave trade to exist and the peoples of Pallia and Firyon were more than willing to lend aid in anyway they could. Noble had been one of the many sent to Fable at different times for routine visits. There were still some rebel rousers who were less than thrilled their business was being shut down which meant they could no longer line their pockets at the expense of others lives, therefore causing the trading to go underground but slowly these illegal black market operations were being found and shut down. The memories of that day were still hazy to her. She had been on her way home, home to Pallia, to the family that took her in and called her their own. Home to Talen. She was taking a route that would lead her outside of Fable and from there once she reached the outskirts of the town she had intended on shadowing the rest of the way home, it was the quickest way to get her to where she wanted to be, only her plans never came to fruition, and the next thing she remembered was waking up with strangers standing over her, waking up in the lands of the Lycans and from there a new sort of nightmare was born.
It becomes harder with each day to remember who I am... while none of those who have staked their claim on me as a "slave" have dared to touch me in the wrong way... yet. I think sometimes what they have done is so much worse. It's the blood. When I have to feed, they only allow me to do so from one of their kind. These Lycans, I cannot explain the pull of their lifeforce, I only know that the longer I have to feed from one of their kind, the more addicted I become. I'm afraid that soon I will forget everything that has come before my time here, and despite how many attempts I have made to free myself from these lands, I have been stopped time and time again. I have tried to starve myself, refusing to feed but then the thirst becomes so overwhelming, at one point I was forced to feed and I hated myself for it. I would rather die than be kept as a pet. No what I would rather do more than anything is go home. Surely by now Talen must know something is wrong and I cannot bear the thought of what he must be going through. Talen... I should have told him more often how I loved him and needed no other but him, I should have taken more time to make sure he knew that there could never be anyone else....
A tear fell to the parchment, and the pen was set down. Her head dropped to her arms folded on the table of the room that was her prison and Noble cried in silence from the aching fear that took hold of her, the knowing without having to be told that she was probably never going to see Pallia, or her Talen again.
User avatar
Noble Shaffer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Something is not right Beast...
Tierney was standing outside the doors of the Round room where her youngest son locked himself in with her oldest son, the sounds of the fighting between the two of them came through the walls causing Tierney to wince on occasion. Lucky would be able to get from Talen what Tierney had not been able to for no other reason than she was his mother and Talen would never put his hands on any woman let alone his own mother, vampire or not in anger, unless his life was at risk and it was necessary. She had Toras had left the council room at the Hall of Shadows with nothing more to go on than what they already knew, except they were told that Raynalia was already in Fable beginning her quest for information on how Noble had fallen so cruelly. Kiara was gone, taking it upon herself to go to Trubador the place of Nobles birth and the land of nightmares for Tierney and Toras, and it was perhaps that nightmare that they had survived through that made Tierney doubt.
How could there possibly have been no scent... I know all the proof is right there for us to see with our own eyes but were you not given proof of my death not once but twice? Am I simply hoping... grasping at straws? I just cannot ignore what my instincts are telling me Toras. This is not right, something is so wrong about all of this and I do not know if I can let it go so easily... if I can accept what my eyes are being told they must.
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:46 am

Jackson Shadow you said that they were getting close...
Sarabella whispered the words in the room filled with the soft glow of the burning fires in the hearth. What she saw in that room that had temporarily belonged to her madre made her rub her eyes then turn around and look at Jackson in complete disbelief.
You didn't tell me they were that close.
In the glow of the room Sarabella saw Ellysia, Ellysia who had closed herself off to caring about any man, who had hardened herself against feeling except for Sara herself and Nala, was sound asleep curled up in the arms of Jacksons father of all people. The idea was amusing, unbelievable and even a little scary. Elly and Mathias had gotten off to a very bad start and fighting surrounded them constantly, Sara would have bet all the gold she had that Ellysia would have killed the healer before anything else so to see her madre now, she was glad no one ever approached her with such a bet. Quietly she moved across the room until she was standing at the side of the bed where Ellysia was. Her teeth found their way to her bottom lip to keep it from trembling as well as to bite back the sob that built in her throat. With a shaky hand she reached out and carefully ran her fingers over the soft fuzz that covered Ellysias head. Even in the dimness Sarabella could see the scarring from the fire that almost took her madres life. Tears stung at her eyes.
I should have been here... while all that nonsense in Hallia was taking place... she could have died and I wasn't here... she has always been there for me, even when she was dealing with her own grief at losing Warren she was there to soothe my sadness over his death away.
She wiped away the tears that fell from her cheeks and could not bring herself to move away just yet.
I don't think I have ever seen anyone so beautiful in all my days... and look at how he protects her even in sleep... I wonder if she is aware of that... not that it matters really... she needs to be protected though she would argue until mountains trembled that she does not. I was so worried that she would be alone tonight, she shouldn't have been alone, not tonight but now I can see I didn't need to worry at all.
Sarabella forced herself to move after she leaned over and gently kissed Ellysias' cheek. She took Jackson by the hand and led him to hallway, once they were out of the room she threw her arms around his neck and cried without shame into his shoulder.
Thank you for bringing me home Jackson, I know it was so last minute but with tonight being what it is, I had to see her, to see for myself that she was all right.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby TJ Deamons » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:21 am

That bothers me too, I think it bothered the others that is why they started calling back all the females. I think there are answers we need to get on and see about. Noble's scent should be in Fable still. I am sure we could pick it up, well that is if SJ did not already start on that end of it too. I know Losa contacted him about going to Fable.

He also knew if his brother was going that his brother would not stop there first. He put his arm around her and pulled her close to him.

I know you can only move at night but that does not mean we can not go there and see what we can find out. I thought of something else Losa is so worried about whoever this is will go after one of their children but who did he not put extra protection on?


He stood there the sounds in the room had finally calmed down and he leaned and kissed her.

I think you may need to go in there now if they are done I think Talen might need his Mother.


Lucky came walking out the sadness for his brother showed even through the bloody lip and all. He knew Lucky did what he had to for his brother. Just as he knew his wife would do what she had to for her son.
User avatar
TJ Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:40 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:51 am

Once they were out in the hallway and she leaned into him his arms went around her. He kissed her gently and let her cry.

Sara the business in Hallia had to be taken care of. If we did not take care of it there would have been more danger. Do not doubt what you know had to be done and that Ellyssia understands what needed to be done. She was safe here, from my understanding as I told you Dad never left her alone. I am not surprised they ended up this close but neither probably want to admit it. I think the reason why my father would push her so much is like you said you know if she is fighting my father that she is going to be ok. It is a way for him to make sure that she does not lose the fight in her.


He kept her circled in his arms and leaned his head against hers.

Kayne has things under control, the only thing that is needed is for you to get whatever you need from the Palace. I am sure there are a few things you would like to take with you. Ialia will keep Hallia safe and you know your God parents will not let anything happen to it. Now I think there is a little princess we should check in on also. With the Yuletide coming we should make sure to get everything ready for her.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users