Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:31 am

I don't want bullshit. I don't want either of you skirting around this.
Tierney Deamons walked into the council room soundlessly, but as silent as she had been until she spoke she was not surprised to have seen the elf sitting at the table and how her ear twitched. Tierney never was one to play with words, nor did she stall or dance her way around any subject, she was not about to begin such a practice now.
As always, there is a buzz in the air, like an annoying fly that simply will not die. Trying to keep anything hidden from a hall full of people who are trained to uncover truth and reveal deceptions, is damn near impossible, so why are the two of you sitting here alone rather than calling the council together as it should be? You don't think that neither Toras or I would not have heard?
Gingerly but with such seriousness she took her place at the table crossing one leg over the other, blue eyes bore into the faces of the acting heads of the Order.
How long has she been gone for? You know this news can only be kept from Talen for so long, so I would suggest having more to give him when he comes demanding answers about her.
Her thoughts were as they should have been, on her oldest son and the woman he had claimed as his own. That woman also held a special place in the Deamons family for many reasons but most of all because Noble had been the one with enough courage outside of her own family to step and to remind Tierney of who and what she was during a most difficult time her life. Not only that but Noble was the daughter of the man who had tried to steal Tierneys entire life from her so many years ago, and for a long time the half human half vampire girl let herself get eaten away by guilt for her fathers acts. Guilt that Tierney could not allow her carry, and so it was that Tierney herself had taken Noble under her care and soon she part of their family. After Saydie, their first born was killed Noble helped to ease the loss, no she would never be able to replace Saydie, nothing and no one ever could but having Noble there with her own special kind of strength and understanding helped to heal the deep wounds.
When do you plan on enlightening our King and Queen to what has happened? And how soon do Toras and I leave to find her?
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Lauren Pickett » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 am

You can stop hovering Quin. I'm just going to take out the trash and if you want to you can watch from the doorway but please give me a little room to breathe would you?
Whatever had gotten into Quin, Lauren wished he would get rid of it. She knew something was up when his father came to the Inn, Condrik Shadow didn't spend much time at the Fools Rush anymore, not since he and Rayne had found their way back to one another again. Oh there were the nights when she would be cleaning up down below and hear the elfs laugh or some such thing, which meant they had come through the shadows to avoid being seen, that was all right, it was good that they both found happiness again. When Condrik left Quins entire demeanor changed, he was moody on a normal day but that night he was just down right mean and if anyone even blinked at her the wrong way she had to stop him from beating their face in.
I mean it Quin...
She laid down the law so to speak, not that she ever got far when it came to ordering him around unless she really played dirty. Lauren was still an innocent in the one way that mattered most to her, sure she slept in the same bed with Quin but she absolutely refused to let her hormones get the better of her and while others might have used their sex lives as ammunition, Lauren used her lack of one.
If you don't give me the two minutes it takes to get from here to the alleyway and back without you being right on me you'll never really ever be right on me or in any position with me ever.
Hoisting the garbage bag up she headed out the back door and made the small trek to the brick wall that stopped just above her waist. Tossing the bag over she watched it land and it was then that the flash of silver caught her eye. What the hell was that she thought. She leaned over the wall to get a closer look and without a sound was pushing herself up and over the wall. Oh no, please don't let that be what I think it is. The sound of Quins name being screamed like Lauren was being slaughtered echoed through the alleyway and out into the square. There in the trash dressed in black with a silver band around the arm was a body... or part of a body... there was no waist, no legs, just a torso that showed the body to be that of a woman and arms with one missing a hand, and oh gods ... she turned her head and threw up, there was no head.
Lauren Pickett
Stablehand
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:06 am

Losa and Kiara will know later right now they are dealing with other issues. This is an elite matter and the Master of the Elite is tied up. Rayne told him we would handle it and we will. We are not for sure that she is gone. Brayden went to get her, he has not returned yet Remy went with him and was going to stay there to keep an eye on things. I know Talen is going to want answers and right now we just do not have any. It is simple we know little about any of this until Brayden gets back. You know how it is trying to track someone down in an unfamiliar town even with the keen sense of smell that we have. We were gathering what we have so far before calling for the council to be able to present something. We will also need those from Black Rose present as it stands this is something that effects everyone.

Just as he was talking about it Brayden came through the shadows. He looked at his father, and his Aunts.

I could not find her, and any reports of her being seen are a few days old. Amazing what some gold can do. I am going to go back there and keep trying. I just wanted to come and let you know what was going on.


He listened to his son and sighed he was hoping for better news but for now they were just going to have to go with it. He went to say something when tearing into the room came Talen with TJ behind him. Talen's eyes had the look of a crazed murderer in them.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quin Shadow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 am

He was doing as he should watching over her and over the inn. Especially after his father came to tell him of what was going on. He had let her go but he was not far behind her and when he heard her screaming he went running for her pulling her into his arms and then he saw what she had seen. He looked over to Cole and Rory as they walked back inside.

Cole go get the Guardian and his elf. They need to see this. No one is going anywhere other than Cole for the moment.


Quin may not have been as big as Hunter but he was in a mood and when he was like that it was best not to push him. He saw Cole take off into the shadows. He got a cloth and started cleaning her face and all. He put his arm around her and just kept her close

Cole went tearing through the shadows he had no clue what he came in on when he saw Talen, TJ, Tierney, his father and Rayne.

Pa you and Rayne are needed at the inn. I am not sure what is going on other than Lauren went outside and started screaming like someone was trying to kill her. Quin went out after her when he brought her back in she looked horrible like something was really wrong.


He saw Talen take off into the shadows like the devil itself was chasing him he was not sure what the hell was going on fully just yet but he was sure of one thing he was not leaving Rory alone at the Inn either not that she was truly alone but still
User avatar
Quin Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 am

What in the hell is that girl screaming like that for? Kiara was on her way back to the hall after a successful hunt in a nearby borough of Pallia when she heard Laurens screams, that set her off running with Katie Joy right behind her and they didn't stop until they located the source of the sound. What they happened upon could have made Kiara pale if such a thing were possible. Even she at her worst had never caused such damage... what the hell was she thinking of course she wreaked havoc like what she was seeing. Without a word she knelt down next to the... to the what? The body... that's all she could think of it as to really think otherwise even though there not much left would have started her down a path she wasn't quite ready to go down. Who was this? She examined the material of the shirt so carefully, it was definitely the same fabric used for their attire... the silver band.. all of it did tell of being an elite original. With one hand she carefully turned the body on its side and held while she lifted the back of the shirt up, the smell of dried blood made her nose twitch. She was looking for the mark of the elite and when she found it she sat back on her heels. The mark was Elite, not like hers, no hers was the very first mark, and it wasn't like Losas, his mark was unique in its own right... no this mark was more up to date... it was the mark of both houses... of the Elite and of the Coven... whoever she was... and Kiara was more than certain it was a she given the swell of the shirt in the front, she was of the Order of the Elite Shadows. Pulling the shirt back down she sat back on her heels, the wheels in her mind were already turning faster than she could keep up with.
Katie... go to Black Rose... I suspect Rayne and Con will be here soon enough... tell no one what you have seen here not even your King.
Getting to her feet Kiara was almost ran over by someone who came barreling out of the shadows. Right away her arms went around Talen Deamons, she knew it was him before she saw his face by his scent.
You will not go tearing through my kingdom like madman. Not before I know exactly what in the hell is going on here. Take yourself inside right now Talen.
It was obvious that Talen knew more than she did by the way he was acting and if he didn't do as she said she didn't have any qualms about picking him up and carrying him inside herself. Another scent tickled her nose and this time she turned on the elf and the man with her.
You two are going to tell me what is going on right now. I cannot believe I leave for a few hours and come back to this... how long has there been a problem and just how long were you planning on keeping it from me? Start talking now Condrik because if your elf opens her mouth with her attitude at this moment I might just shove my fist down her throat.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:00 am

So now you think I fight with you for sport?
No one and I mean no one could make me switch gears faster than that damn healer. One minute he had me thinking, no not thinking that was the problem, I couldn't think around him, not after the way he kissed me. No that's wrong too, I can't let him take all the blame after all I didn't exactly push him away or punch his face in, so I couldn't think around him after the way we kissed. There... moving on now. One minute... on to the next... the next minute I was back to wanting to strangle him.
You may be comfortable always being at odds with me but I tell you it is draining on my mind and taxing on my patience. I swear sometimes I think you get off on trying to get me to start a fight and if that's the case you are one sick little man...
There was a door across the hall from where we were standing that I heard crack open and right away the hood of shirt I had been wearing went up, okay I've been a little spoiled. See as lovely as the wig that Mathias had made for me is, it itches sometimes and sometimes it makes the top of my head sweat, so this infuriating baffling man had shirts with hoods made for me so I could walk around freely and not feel like I was going to drown. A little head peeked out from the door and I saw a pair of eyes light up so bright that they could have lit the world. She came flying out of that room and barreling into me so fast she almost knocked me backwards... and damn did it hurt. I said I was almost completely healed remember? There are still some patches of skin that are more tender than other and slower to heal but I was getting back to good faster than I thought I would so I can't complain.
Elly!! Elly you're here! I thought I heard you and Mathias fighting... again. Honestly Elly can't you just do what you are told... and you...
Nala turned on Mathias and I knew he was in for it.
Why do you always have to be so damn difficult whe...
Oh no she did not.... my little one was not going to start throwing around cuss words like some bar whore.
Nala! Don't you ever let me hear those kind of words come out your mouth again! What has Sarabell always told you? Ladies do not speak like that and I do not want to hear that you don't want to be lady. You know how you are expected to act...
Damn if that baby didn't know how to get to me. I was crouched down in front of her by this point and she looked at me with such seriousness.
Sarabell says you had an accident Elly... and Braxton and Abigale told me you were in a fire. I won't let anyone be mean to you Elly, even if I like Mathias well enough he's not gonna be mean to you while I'm around.
She looked like she was going to cry and I carefully pulled her into my arms. Her little arms went around my neck and I could hear her trying not to cry in my shoulder. I couldn't help but look at Mathias with tears in my own eyes. She was breaking my heart you know.
Hey now, no tears my love... Braxton and Abigale were right, I was in a fire and I was hurt but you know what... hey look at me...
I pulled her away from me and made her look at me. I did have some scarring that was going to be with me for the rest of my life but at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
I'm here Nala and Mathias has been with me everyday since the morning of the fire. Everyday Nala, taking care of me and helping me to get well enough to pitch such a fit that Sarabell had no choice but to let you come here because I missed you so much.
She smiled and my heart smiled.
Really Elly? You pitched a fit for me?
I nodded and smiled at her.
You bet I did... you know as much as I love Sarabell I still love you best. Now... it is late Nala and you need to get back into bed... we can talk more in the morning if you go right to sleep okay?
Nala nodded and put her arms around my neck again, I don't know what I was thinking but my body was screaming at me because I picked that little girl up like I would do when she was in Hallia and Sara wasn't able to tuck her in and I started carrying back to her room. I'm guessing you wouldn't be surprised by the look I got from the healer for doing it and without a word he took her from me and carried her the rest of the way. So we tucked her in and I stayed watching over her until she fell asleep, after she fell asleep I went out into the hallway and found him waiting for me.
I don't know about you but I could use something to drink... feel like going and seeing what we can find in the kitchens?
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 am

He knew she was right his elf would open her mouth with an attitude it is what made her so dear to some people and so infuriating to others. He looked at Kiara.

Rayne and I came across Aidan shortly before he took off to meet up with Janessa. Braxton came outside with Nala and had said something to us about us needing to go inside. When we got in there Abigale was well quite pale looking. A box was brought by Ramseys that he thought was the spices delivery. Well turns out there was a hand of a woman. Knowing that you were dealing with things with Losa and Annie we thought we could get some of the leg work done for you then bring it with all the information we could. As you have the quickest mind still maybe piecing things together would not be so hard for you if you had pieces put together. Here is the list of who we sent in the place of women that were out and about for a mission. There is a problem Kiara one woman did not return Brayden and Remy went after Noble and Brayden came back they have yet to find her. Now this current situation you know more about. We planned on bringing it to you and Losa just not while he was in such a state about the things with Annie. Rayne told Aidan we would handle it so that he could take care of what he was doing.

He knew they were in for a bit of a shit storm possible but they had just been doing as they always had been doing. He thought about Ari and how she would probably stand there telling Kiara why they did what they did was to protect everyone involved and to get things moving quicker.

Rayne was about to send out some of the trackers the delivery boy who gave Ramseys that box is no where to be found either. Word reached Tierney and Talen about Noble not being back yet, she was still in Fable. We have contacted the family that is not here to let them know to be on alert of sorts. Though if I know my sister in law her and Aranor will be here anytime due to Annie having come. SJ will make sure all the extra precautions in Ithilien are takien care of. Though I was thinking as a precaution sending someone else there as well. Stone and Jillian and Lil Growler are there, Sol and Balin are there, Ash and Astrid well you know who all is there why am I bothering.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Well I guess anything could be better than the cough syrup

His eyes were shining bright though he did not know it. He had to laugh lightly as he walked with her.

I know you want to go back to everything being normal with things but you have to realize Ellysia you still got to be careful for the tender areas to heal. U know you were trying to do as you have always done for Nala but I am sure she would understand. The more you take care of things the quicker you will heal, a drink does sound good then will get you taken care of and off to bed.


He knew this had all been tough on her and he grinned slightly.

You know how I have always known you would be ok, was because I could get you to fight with me. I knew as long as you had the fight in you that you would be ok. That is why I will admit at times I did kind of instigate things when you were getting in a mood about things.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:25 pm

What in the hell is going on here, let them tell you. Would you not tear about anything to find Losa? Why should it be any different for me?

That was all he said as he headed towards the entrance there were certain things he could not understand one of them was how anyone expected him to be calm. His temper was flaring and then he heard something about if the rumors were true the damn half breed was finally dead. He jumped to his feet and went right up to the man wanting to know what he knew. He scared the man he could tell and the man started to stammer that he only heard rumors. The man also said as much as they tried to hide the fact there was a woman's dead body out there. Talen pushed the man out of the way and then headed back out damn man was lucky that he did not snap him in half just on the fact that he could have.

He watched silently his eyes dark and cold into the night.

Tell me Kiara is it Noble I have a right to know what in the hell is going on tired of more questions than answers already.

He was shaken to the core, Noble had not returned he knew that. He could feel his legs going weak as far as he knew everyone else what was sent out and sent to come back had except for her. If it was her he was going to find those responsible and tear each one apart.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Talen... dosta...
No one should have expected for Tierney to stay in the council room when the news was brought to them that there was trouble at the inn, nor should anyone have expected her son to simply stand by idly while they waited for any word on Noble and her whereabouts. The scene at the inn moved quickly, the body or lack there of was not so easily identifiable, Talen needed to understand that they answers he sought could not be given so easily.
Kom we cannot know, Kiara cannot know with certainty if this is...
So many different emotions were raging in her sons eyes. Anger and fear were the dominating forces she saw but knowing her son as she did, there was also pain that he kept hidden. The only clue that Talen was on the verge of falling to his knees was how his face paled just a touch. She was reaching out for her son when the horrible truth they were hoping against became a reality. Dayle came from the shadows shaking with tears running down her face, in her hands she carried another box.
Mama... this was left outside the gates of the Hall... Ramseys told me you were here... I didn't know what else to do...
Right away Tierney had her arms around Talen, Toras took the box from Dayle and handed it over to Kiara then folded his daughter up in his arms. Kiara crouched down to the ground, Tierney kept her eyes locked on the red haired woman and when Kiara opened that box, the look on her face told Tierney all she needed to know.
Kiara Jade...
Kiara shook her head , her eyes darted to Talen, Tierney tightened her hold but Talen would not be denied. It was Dayle who confirmed for her brother what he had asked Kiara earlier.
Talen...
She whispered his name, untangled herself from her father and went to him standing in front of him.
Don't Tal... you don't want to see... you shouldn't see...
Tierney never was one to skirt around a problem or bad news.
What is it Kiara Jade? We have the right to know.
Kiara closed the box and stood up, Tierney could see clearly how shaken the assassin was. She also knew that Kiara respected her enough not to play games. What came from her mouth was not anything that Tierney had been prepared for.
It's her head...
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:34 pm

He was riled when his Mother grabbed him he was running on high emotion.

Go to hell Dayle, I have the right to see what has become of her because the death for those who caused this are going to be ten times worse.


He would not let anyone touch him he went to the box and looked in it. A lone tear streaked down his face as his anger built inside of him. He looked at the head he could not get a damn scent off of it. The sick bastard or bastards that did this were going to regret it. He was going to kill them alright but not fast they were going to have slow and torturous deaths. He already had things plotting in his mind. He felt a hand reach to touch him and he growled out.

Don't touch me, none of you.

He got up and started to stalk off he was going hunting he did not care that he had no real leads at that moment. Actually he thought of one the big mouth in the Inn when he headed back in Quin tried to get in his way and he pushed his cousin out of the way. He grabbed for the man slamming him into the wall.

I want to know where you heard this rumor from. Or maybe you were a part of it better start speaking now. You all might want to pay attention to this because I am telling you now when I find who is responsible they will die slowly and any associated with them will die also. So I suggest if any of you have any information you may want to go talk to the Queen because she will be easier for you to deal with than me.


There was a fire a hatred in his eyes, He could smell him before he could see him.

Back off Aranor Annie is not here and you are not doing a damn thing to me.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:48 pm

He knew where he would find his daughter that was not the point of coming to the Inn he figured with the time of night it was his daughter would be sleeping. So the inn seemed like the best place to go as to not startle her that night. Though she would be getting a visit in the morning. Just coming through the shadows he heard bits and pieces of what was going on. He moved to Talen without fear. He knew what he might have to do was going to piss Talen off if he did it but that was not the main part of his concern the main part was making sure that Talen did not do anything that he was going to regret. He waited to see who and what would be coming through the door of the Inn. When they found out Annie had returned to Pallia without telling them it irked at him a bit but in a way he understood as well. Pallia was where Annie felt she needed to be and Aranor would support his daughter in any way he could. This was not about Payten or him, it was about his daughter and her needs. Now it seemed they walked in on a shit storm happening.

Talen what is going on?
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:34 am

This was not happening. Tierney refused to acknowledge what they all saw to be truth. She had very good reasons for not believing her own eyes even though, the hand, the torso, Nobles head... Nobles head... that very thought stabbed at her like a cold knife sinking into her heart, a feeling she knew too well, were there heralding Nobles death. Icy blue eyes looked into the face of the man who was holding onto their daughter, and Tierney knew that at that moment Toras was somewhere else. Back in time, back in the caverns below the Hall reliving the events that had nearly brought their entire world to an end.
Look at me.
She spoke softly her voice just above a whispered hush.
Look at me Beast and come back from there ves'tacha. Toras you do not need to travel to that place anymore, I am here as I have always been. I need you to take Dayle from here and I need you to think my love. Think Toras. I cannot accept this as ta`ciben. You and I must talk alone, where Talen cannot hear us, but for now I am going to tend to my son... you are strong my love but to hold him and keep him from harming others or himself... I am stronger.
Tierney gave her beloved Beast a loving look before she went inside the Inn. As anyone could have predicted her son had already begun his quest for revenge, justice was not a thought in Talens mind, revenge now drove him, and Tierney had to keep that from destroying him. Gliding passed Aranor she touched his shoulder gently. When she was close enough she reached from behind her son and wrapped her hand around his wrist. She whispered in his ear in a low soothing tone, but one that still demanded respect and on some level even obedience because she was still his mother no matter how grown he was.
Du' dera ves'tacha... Talen my love... listen to me and hear me. This cannot be done here. You are hurt and angry, this your father understands more than any other, but you are Elite and we cannot allow or emotions to get the better of us in front of the people we are meant to protect. We want them the trust us, not live in fear of us. Our lands have just come from a dark place and the people are still healing from what Runtsor inflicted on us all. It is not easy but you must set the proper example and this is not it. We will take him to the Hall where our business will not be seen by all.
She felt her sons muscles tighten, and her own hold on him tightened, with her free hand she peeled her son from the man he had pinned to the wall and she spoke to Aranor over her shoulder knowing she did not need to bring her voice above a whisper.
Noble is dead or so we would be led to believe Aranor... outside you will see what has become of her... this man needs to be taken to the hall right away... Quin... fetch your father and have him do this for me ... Talen and I will be there shortly...
Tierney was waiting for her son to lash out, whether he would or not remained to be seen, but if he did she would take whatever anger or emotion he was willing to shed because she was his mother and would do anything for him and because when her sons or her husband were this emotionally wounded... they were too dangerous to entrust to anyone else, and she was not quite so breakable as everyone else.
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:22 am

So you are twisted and perverted! Healer do your children know about your sickness?
If I had any damn hair it would have been swaying back and forth when I shook my head amused by the healers admission. Poking fun at him was something I admit I have done more than my fair share of but he dishes it out just as much so all is fair in love and war is it not?
I know to be careful and not overexert myself or do anything to harm myself further right now. Gods only know if I did you'd probably be right there ready to put me to sleep or some damn thing. Nala needed some reassurance other than words and what she saw with her own eyes, that I was well on my way to a full recovery, she is still just a child after all, and children need to be protected even when they know the truth no matter what.
As I often did over the passing days when we were walking I slipped my arm through his while we walked through the hall. The hall that seemed a little more active than what was normal for the time of night that is was. It wasn't late by my standards the witching hour had yet to strike but given how soon it became dark with the winter season everyone seemed to settle in earlier than they would in spring or summer. The weather played a part in it all too, so many were happy to be indoors when they were able, set down before a fire warm and snug. I suppose I don't need to tell you that this time of year is one of my favorite things, as are thunderstorms in the spring and blustery nights in the fall. Summer, eh I could take it or leave it, except for the swimming, another favorite thing.
And what if I don't want to sleep after this drink healer? You plan on weaving your magic and knocking me out because let me tell you I am too awake and restless tonight and I will probably end up knocking you out and not with magics either.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:42 am

Mama let go of me. I am not going to just calm down that was my Noble. How would you feel if that was Dad? We already know how he would react if it was you. Who would do such a thing?

He pushed at her trying to get free to go after the man that was now being led away by Condrik.

Mama you can't expect me to just sit back he knows something about all of this I am sure of it and he damn well better start talking. I am not going to let anyone involved go unpunished. Look what they did to her. Why would someone do that to Noble?


He was fighting against his mother's hold even more he needed to break free needed to find who was responsible for all of this.

I am not going to just sit back and let people get away with hurting Noble like that.


He was shaking from anger from sadness from it all. His emotions were running all over the place and he knew that but he did not give a damn
Last edited by Talen Deamons on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 am

This is my call to make whether you approve or not. You can ban me from my duties as Captain of our guard but you cannot tell me as my own person what I can and cannot do anymore...
Ardis was standing before her father dressed in her soft leather "not really war" gear as she called it, her blue eyes were blazing and she was two seconds away from walking out of the room. The dinner that her mother had arranged so that she and Astrid could try and make peace with their father had not gone well at all, oh he was cordial enough, even kissing both their cheeks when the dinner was over but he barely said a word to either of them throughout the whole meal and when it was over he let them know that their mothers "punishment" for them both still stood. That had been what? Two weeks ago? When the news from Pallia reached them, Astrid had found out by accident while she was in Ithilien with Ash, and of course the first thing she did was tell Ardis. Now Astrid was on her way home and would be arriving any minute and Ardis was taking on her father knowing how his temper could be when he pushed and not caring because she owed so much to so many in the order that she couldn't sit and do nothing. When she approached her father to tell him that she was leaving for Pallia and why gods she thought he was going to have her bursting into flames with just a look. She looked to her mother for a little help but her mother just shrugged her shoulders. So she was on her own with this one.
One mistake does not mean either of you get complete control over who Astrid and I are, we need to do this... I need to do this...
Thank you gods! Thank you! There was such a loud bang that echoed through the room but Ardis didn't turn around to find the source of the sound, she knew her sister had arrived and by the way the doors of the hall were thrown into the wall obviously Astrid was in the same state of mind as she was.
Stop right now Ardis. Everytime you open your mouth these days you only dig yourself in deeper...
Astrid crossed the hall and knelt down before their mother and father, she kept her head bent while she addressed the King of Firyon.
I am asking you to allow us to do what we can to help in Pallia. You have always said that family comes first and right now our family in that realm is dealing with something none of us can comprehend. Noble was last seen in Fable and you know I have been working with Alexander to clean up what was left of the slave trade, you know that Ardis even though she had been relieved of her duties as Captain has still gone there to oversee the units that were put in place before we had our error in judgement. We have a responsibility to find out how this happened, why it happened and if anyone from Uldermine was involved. Wouldn't you want everyone who was willing to help to do so if it were our mothers hand cut from her? Or her upper body left headless and discarded like trash in a dirty foul smelling alleyway? What if it were her head left outside your palace walls?
This is when Astrid lifted her head and looked at her father, she knew right then and there that she had won, and once again she proved why she was High Privy Advocate of Firyon. And she knew she won by the small grin that flashed on her mothers face so quickly if she blinked she would have missed it.
Last edited by Ardis Ethrorrian on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 am

If that were your father...
Tierney grabbed her son and pinned him to the wall, not with the same intentions that he had the man being led away pinned to the wall just moments before, but to force him to stop, to look at her and to truly hear her.
I would stop at nothing to see those that would harm him in such a way brought to justice. Death would be too good for them. Listen to me my love. You will have your time, but right now, this is not it. This is not it Talen. We have to use our rational minds and not overreact lest we scare away anyone who might know something other than that man. Threats and acts of violence will get you nowhere right now when we have so little to go on.
He turned his head and she put a hand under his chin forcing him to look at her.
Never act on pure emotion... you know this. It could get you killed. I have already lost two of my children, I will not stand for your father and I to lose another because you are set on acting before thinking do you understand me?
Talen wasn't given much choice. If he knew anything about his mother at all, he would know that she would not stand being defied by any of her children, not when their actions could get them killed, actions brought on by irrational thinking. Talen was running on pure adrenaline and emotion, and she was not going to cut him loose on the world. She picked her grown son up over her shoulder and carried him out of the inn daring him under her breath to try and get free of her now. She wasn't all the surprised to find Toras without Dayle waiting for her. Going to his side she told him take them through the shadows to Black Rose and when they arrived Kahn was immediately at her side.
Lady... you know then?
She nodded while walking through the manor with hurried steps towards the room that had been used for Xavier Williams during his time of changes.
We know.
That was all she said until they reached the room. The door was opened, she stepped inside waited for Toras to enter then gave Kahn her instructions.
Go to the Hall, Helena is waiting... we will be there soon enough.
Closing the door she set Talen down then pushed him across the room.
Let it out.... now and be done with it so we can find the bastards who did this without me having to constantly worry that you are going to be the next of my children to be buried or put to the flames.
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:43 am

I will let it out on those that are responsible, and that man at the Inn knew something. He was making comments before about it I am not going to let this go and be buried somewhere. Not ever. Dad you know what it is like, you know from experience you know I can not just let this go. Not when it is someone that I love like you love Mom and now Noble is gone. Not just gone but murdered brutally.

He was looking at his parents the anger showed in his eyes and he took a deep breath and looked at them. He stood there full height if it was possible he was sure as angry as he was he would have been having steam come out his ears. He shook his head looking at them.

Mom you walked this world away from everyone when you thought well knew at the time that harm could come to Dad. If anyone had hurt him or tried to hurt him during that time you would not have let them live. You would not have been calm about it either. How can anyone expect me just to be so accepting of this? Hell look at Aidan when Nessa was taken and they were not even together at that point. What do you think anyone else would have done. Kiara included, how many times as she struck someone that struck out at her family especially Losa? Hell we all know the story of the night of the ball when she stuck a dagger right in his brother's throat for the way he spoke of him. If it was Losa that was dead none of us would be getting any rest until the murderer was found.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Tierney Deamons » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 am

I am not Kiara, and you are not Aidan. We may be Elite but we are also something bigger than this Order Talen. We... you, your sisters, your brother, your father and I... we are a family. Look at what Kiaras actions have brought to her family...
Tierney had to make Talen understand that she wasn't trying to keep him from finding out who was behind Nobles murder, and if she had to keep him locked away until he did understand what she was saying then so be it.
You aren't listening to me Talen. You can ask your father... I have never acted on raw emotion. There were times, long before you were born, even before he asked me to be his wife that your father had nearly been killed and even then every move I made was thought out.
Tierney had the strangest thought cross her mind while she looked at her son standing tall and angry as hell. Was he trying to intimidate her? Her of all people? Even if she weren't a child of darkness, she would still be doing what she was doing because he was her son.
Listen to me, don't hear what you want to hear, hear what I am saying Talen. For every action there is a reaction... consequences... those who took your Noble will suffer the consequences but not because you have run off half out of your mind. This family will not suffer the way the Shadows have suffered to do understand me? For all of Kiaras actions there have been consequences... the Time of the Rose... the consequences of her actions then trickled down so far through the years that your own sister was killed as a result. I am not telling you that you won't get your chance Talen but I am telling you that you are not going anywhere until we know more and until you truly think every detail down to the last drop of blood to be spilled out in it's entirety.
User avatar
Tierney Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 am

Quinn.
Katie Joy barreled through the front door and didn't stop going until she had no choice because she barreled right into Quinn who had apparently been startled by the way she stormed in, because he was on hit feet when she connected with him forcefully enough to toppled them both over to the floor. She was supposed to go back to the manor but home was and would always be first, she was not bound by any oaths or contracts to the Elite, only to Quinn and if Kiara thought for one moment that Katie Joy was going to keep what she saw from her Quinn, she was sorely mistaken. Vampire or not Katie Joy still retained her humanity and the sight in the alleyway horrified her. In one fluid motion Katie Joy was off the floor bringing Quinn up with her then she was in his arms.
Quinn, there was a body, not even a body, half of a body, headless behind the inn. Who could do such a thing?
She asked the question and almost laughed hearing herself. Who could do such a thing? She had done such things since her rebirth, but never to a pure heart, and if the rumors that had started spreading earlier that night were at all true, then it only made sense that what, who she saw, was Noble Shaffer. It was best not to jump to conclusions but there was this feeling that Katie Joy could not shake, that told her the truth.
Do you know? What's been happening? How there was a hand sent to the Hall? How Rayne and Con ordered all the women of the Order back to be accounted for? Cade and Genna... have you seen them with your own eyes this day? I know if Rayne hasn't said anything they must be all right but if anything ever happened to either of them..
Nothing happened to her husbands sister or her brothers wife and his daughter, she knew that but it would help to know that Quinn had seen them for himself. If anything ever did happen to either of them her brother would be destroyed. Cross might not be much of a talker and he rarely let his feelings be known but when it came to his family everyone knew just how her brother felt. Cade was Cross' wild child and she always would be.
It was horrible Quinn... to see the signs that all point to that poor woman being one of our own. If it turns out that it is Noble Quinn, you have to know, that I have to help Tierney in anyway I can, not just for Talen, but for what Noble means to that family and for what Tierney has done for me. I don't ever want to have to deal with what they have had to deal with and might have to deal with now. Do you remember what Errol was like when he thought he might lose Kira? And that was before they became so serious. What is Talen going to be like? We have to do everything we can to help them, I know I don't need to tell you that. Cross is going to have his hands full keeping Cade from going on the warpath too.
Katie Joy turned a little pink, yes she could still blush, not so easily as before but it still happened from time to time, because she realized she was rambling.
I'm sorry I know sometimes I get caught up and don't think to stop talking. I just want to forget what I saw Quinn, I don't want to have to deal with anymore of the insanity, but we cannot turn away can we? Not now, not after all these years. We can't just bolt the doors and pretend we've run away can we?
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Talen Deamons » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:26 am

I am not going to get myself killed. Whoever did this, whoever attacked Noble well they are going to find out just how dangerous I am. I am not going to go run off unless it is to follow a lead. I can not let this go, and I can not rest until the answers are found. If it were me that Noble found like that you know she would not have rested. I do not know why anyone would do such a thing as far as things go we have been protecting these lands she was protecting these lands and helping to watch over Fable.

His eyes remained dark he was calmer but not the right kind of calm. It was the kind of calm that could over take him when he was angry and calm when he was angry was not a good thing. He would not lash out at his mother or anyone else for that matter. No at that moment they had something more important to do.

We need to go see what Kiara has up her sleeve on this one you know she is already planning something. I will not have this brushed under the rug even for just a few hours. Though I do not think that Kiara will let that happen either.

He waited to be able to go up to the Hall he wanted to know what was going to happen. There was an attack on the family, because Noble was family to him and to his family.
User avatar
Talen Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:10 am

I saw Cade earlier she had come to pick up the artwork you and Riley did for the house for Jackson and Sarabella. I do not know how you two do it but those pictures are impressive. Then again I still have my favorite pictures.

He knew she was worried so he brought her to the couch and sat down his arms never leaving around her.

I have not heard much of anything between the work at the shop and working on the necessary items for the house has not left me much time for talking to anyone. But everything is in place. I am not sure why someone would do that. Of course we are going to do all we can that is the thing Elite or not our family sticks together. I am sure Talen is going to be on the war path until he has the head of everyone involved if it is true.


He smoothed her hair as he talked to her.

No one knows why certain things happen heck Katie look what happened with you. You have never been involved in any of the things other than what happens at the shop and all and what good did that do?


He started thinking things over of course they had to go to the Hall they had to help out in any way they could.

I think we should get up to the Hall you know that you are one of the few that can charm SJ into being calm, and TJ too. I wonder what kind of traps that have been dealt for this to happen. I mean how much of this is the person watching or being informed about. I think a few of us may go running and see just what lurks in our forest.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 am

Running? Equinox Lockheart if you think for one single second I am letting you go tromping off...
Katies brow creased but her mouth snapped shut. How could she even think to keep him from doing anything that he wanted to help the family? Before the fire she always worried that something would happen to him when he was needed because for the most part their life had been peaceful, true Quinn was part of the Order but only as a healer, a talent that Katie was so proud of him for because he was so humble about his skills, he always had been. Just like he was so humble about his own works of art that came from the shop. She might have been able to put lines down on parchment but Quinn could bring her works to life in ways she simply was not capable of. Katie Joy looked at Quinn, and saw his strength but at the same time she saw the frailness that came with being mortal, human. His life was more precious to her now more than ever before because of that frailty. Now whether he knew it or not their roles were reversed. Quinn had been her constant, ever vigilant protector, from the day they met he wrapped her in a world of love and safety, and now it was her turn to be his staunch protector.
If you go running, don't expect to leave me behind, that's all I'm going to say Quinn.
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:34 am

It is not like I am going running alone you know we never do in times of trouble. I just want to see if we can find something out. Katie the fewer that are around the more we will blend in as just wolves running. TJ, Tierney, Talen and the others are going to want answers just as I had wanted answers with what happened to our home.

He leaned and kissed her. He had to smile though his quiet Katie was not so quiet anymore. He grinned at her and put his arm around her.

Now I think we should go up to the hall and see what is going on and what can be done to help. We know even if people are taught not to go off their emotions it is still going to happen. After all if the rumor is true there is no doubt about how hard it will hit certain members of our family.

He walked with his arm around her and he smiled. He also knew there was only so much time left that night that they were going to have to find a way to deal with things and split up things that would make sense. He also knew his cousin's wife was the master planner, she could come up with things before some even processed what was going on.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:38 am

Not a word Saint... she's right. No one could pull it off like I could for no other reason than the reason you don't want me to go. My history, my own story. Which kinda makes it your story too when you think about it really. My entire life has been nothing but learning one lesson after the other, and this you know better than anyone is a lesson I learned a long time ago.
The elf was packing a small bag with just a few essential items she was going to need for her little trip. Before Rayne had even heard the entire story from Kiara about what happened the red head was already laying down the law and made it clear that she had a very specific job for the elf to do. When Rayne heard what it was, the blood in her body started rushing through her like a current in the sea and a spark came into her eyes, and Cons eyes went dark. It wasn't until they were back at the hall in the privacy of their own room that Rayne spoke. Their epic battles weren't so epic anymore and they were a hell of alot less public.
Going to Fable, meeting with Alexander, once word gets out that I'm the ambassador from Pallia looking into the disappearance of one of our own... let's face it... I'm legendary in my own right and if that doesn't bring some of the seedier elements left over in Uldermine to the surface nothing will. Think about it. I'd be worth a hell of alot gold to someone out there. The daughter of elven nobility stolen from her home as a wee one and sold into slavery to an elven king long ago who found her freedom...
She saw the look on his face and stopped talking long enough to wrap her arms around his waist, she knew he wasn't going to like what she was doing the minute Kiara started talking, before the words were even fully out of her mouth, but Rayne was right, she was perfect for going to Fable, for more than one reason. It wasn't just the allure of the slave side of her life, oh no, Rayne was still the best at what she did when it came to tracking and thieving along with a few other special little talents that usually involved someone being in pain, but hey that went with the territory sometimes.
You have to stay here and help hold down the fort Saint, Jade won't be in Pallia to do it, you know she's not going to sit around and wait for information to be brought to her, Noble was of the Coven and the Stalkers are already out looking for blood. Aidan is going to need you like it or not.
She winked at him with the little joke she made.
I'll not be gone more than a week you'll see, and I won't get into anything I can't get myself out of. Jades just got this feeling that the underground world in Uldermine has some answers we need, I do underground best you know this.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users