Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:33 pm

He grabbed at the sheet she was wearing.

So now you are telling me when I have had enough and here I thought you were enjoying yourself too.


He grinned at her and pulled her to him and kissed her.

As far as our daughters go yes they knew they were wrong, hell they knew what they were doing was wrong to begin with. Even if it was meant with good intentions. Sometimes people do stupid things but they just kept making it worse that day and that is what I am more upset about too. They brought in someone an innocent woman into the mix of it all, then lied to me. I still stand by that neither of them are to be taking any posts or doing any duties other than grunt work.

He looked at her and he kissed her again.

They are lucky I did not keep to what I told them what was going to happen when I found out who was behind it all. So what do you think are you up for company while getting ready? You know it does save time and water if we get ready together.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:43 pm

He smiled and slid in next to her after making sure the door was locked. Braxton had made sure that necessary things were in place. Braxton was more of the mage and he was more skilled with the Shadows though both had abilities that were the same the extent of the abilities were different.

Well I was only teasing part of it. I know you never wanted this title, and I know this has not been easy on you. I think that in the morning while Franklin is out hunting we all need to go visit Pallia for a few hours.


He leaned and kissed her his hand running through her hair.

As far as dogs I know about dogs and I know where we can get some good dogs. Chickens are a little bit harder, I do like chickens just do not know much about them at all. I was thinking we can have other animals too though some would be pets some would be for food.


He grinned at her and settled in close to her wrapping her in his arms. He kissed her and smiled at her.

But right now you need to get some sleep, you can dream of chickens, and dogs, our future which is going to happen. Even if it takes some time it will still happen and we both have to believe that.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Chase Bowers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Well there is nothing like seeing my wife feed our son.

He smiled moving across the room and kissing her. He looked at his wife and son and smiled. He sat down near them watching them. He was happy when watching them and knowing that together they helped create the life that she now was feeding. He did not mind getting up with their son and usually he would have heard them. He grinned and kissed her again.

I know I have been up as much as you have with him, and I like spending the time feeding him and watching him. He is a sight to see isn't he or am I just biased because I am Daddy


He grinned things seemed to be getting better and better, there was nothing that made him smile like seeing his wife and their son together. How could it not make him smile? He had fought with demons inside for so long it seemed that he would never be able to get past it, and now with the help of his wife and even his son that he was at peace. A peace that he never knew could exist for him.
User avatar
Chase Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda Jane Deamons » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:31 am

Why couldn't it all just stop? The nightmares, the constant voice in the back of her mind always taunting. A voice that Cyranda believed would have been what Alistar Runtsor sounded like when he was a child... when he was innocent before his heart turned black as pitch. Was that possible? Could the mage that bore a soul of evil been innocent once? Innocent like the child she had ripped from her womb without thought of consequence or guilt? Had that child been innocent or were the sins of the father festering in the soul of that child like a puss infected wound?
You'll never know will you Mommy?
Even in sleep that voice followed her, haunted her in the darkness, invaded her inner most thoughts and grabbed on to her with cruel, cold unseen hands. Why couldn't it all just stop? She never wanted to be a part of Alistars world, she fought so hard to stay in her own world where she was safe, loved. She had a family, sons and a daughter to call her own and most of all nothing could touch her in her world because she had a fierce protector that would have laid down his life for her own. Even her fierce protector had not been able to foresee what was to become of her, of them and their world, how it would be ripped apart as easily as demon claws tearing through weak human flesh, like a hot knife slicing through butter. Their world that Cyranda had been returned to, brought from the dangers of Alistars world back to the safe confines of strong arms and love. But she was broken. She tried so hard to move forward, to get beyond the horror of what she had done, what had become of her after her ascension... and for the briefest moment, she believed she was starting to heal, until she realized what was growing inside her and then it all came undone. She had an abomination germinating inside her and she had to be rid of it. Those cold hands were around her again, surrounding her, touching her everywhere making it impossible for her to breathe, caught between her nightmares and reality Cyranda Jane shot straight up in the bed, sweat beaded her temples and covered her skin making the sleeping gown stick to her and her hair damp. She opened her mouth to scream but no sounds came out except for the sounds of gasping while she tried to breathe.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda Jane Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:49 am

He moved to the bed and sat down pulling her into his lap. Whispering to her.

Pix come on babe it's me. I know you were having a nightmare. I am here with you. I am right here and I love you. Listen to me Pix we are going to deal with this together you and I. You know the Big Ole Gorilla of yours is stubborn. So do me a favor sweet heart and just look at me and see that it is me. I am here and I am not going anywhere without you.

He kissed her and touched her hair he did not care that her gown was soaked all he cared about was trying to chase the nightmares away. The nightmares that she did not tell him about. He was sure that part of it had to do with the baby that was now no more. His hand rubbed her back and kissed her again.

Pix listen to me you are all that I could want, all that I could need. I know what is bothering you love and if you need to talk about it I am here. I want to help you Pix.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda Jane Deamons » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:58 pm

No, no, no, no, no. He wasn't supposed to be there. She left him standing in Pallia with her ring in his hand, she left him in Pallia free from the evil that had tainted her from the inside out. Why was he in Iallia when he was meant to be, to stay in Pallia. Cyranda shook even more, short blond locks whipped back and forth from the force of her head shaking and she tried without success to get out of his arms. Stryder circled his arms around her like a protective barrier and just would not let her go.
Talk? There's nothing to talk about! I told you I can't live with a man like you! I told you I was done! Done do you hear me!
Lying through her teeth never worked with him before, why would it work now? She started laughing at herself, switching from combative to almost maniacal with the blink of an eye.
You love me and you aren't going anywhere without me? Oh now you say that, now that you know my deep dark dirty little secret... and you do know don't you. It doesn't even matter who told you... you know and now you feel guilty because you were oh so quick to just let me walk away and now that guilt is what is going to make you come here telling me how you love me and if you loved me you would have never let me walk away in the first place but oh no you are too stubborn and too full of your damn self to ever admit you could...
She pushed him. He didn't move. She started crying.
You want to help me? Help me!? And just how you going to help me Stryder? No. There isn't a damn thing you can do... there isn't a damn thing any one of you can do! Your family... they destroy every life they touch... you are always so worried about protecting them... it's always about them and whats about them affects everyone else who wasn't born into their little world... you want to help me? Go back to Pallia and be the great protector for them like you have always done.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda Jane Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:13 am

He kept his arms around here like hell was he going to let go of her. He looked her in the eyes and kept his voice soft but strong.

Like hell there is nothing to talk about. You know why I was going to let you walk away Pix was because I thought with all the changing I tried to do it was not good enough for you. That I was no longer what you needed or wanted. That I kept failing you, and what I took as being a disappointment to you was actually your hurt. Pix look at me really look at me, don't you know that nothing matters to me as much as you do. Hell I have even been trying to be nice to Xavier.


His head leaned on her shoulder and he spoke into her ear. He was shaking slightly too as he spoke.

Don't you know Pix since the moment you charged into my heart nothing has mattered to me as much as you. Not a damn thing has mattered like you have since then. We may fight at times but hell even you have said the make up is a hell of a lot better. That is not the point though Pix, I am not me without you. Hell everyone found that one out when you were gone. I am not going anywhere without you. I do not care where we end up as long as we are together. You went through something that you should not have had to go through alone. Don't you know I would have been there for you no matter what?


He leaned his head into her neck and sighed.

I was wrong Pix I should not have let you walk away like that. Nothing matters without you.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda Jane Deamons » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:52 am

Payten heard her cousin and as much as she didn't want to be accused of trying to get involved in others peoples business, hearing Cyranda was heartbreaking. Knowing Pixie the way that she did, Payten thought that Stryder could use a little help. Quietly she entered the room after letting Aranor know there was no way she could just sit on her hands and let her cousin throw away her entire life. Payten put a hand on Stryders shoulder keeping her tone soft and her voice barely above a whisper and set down the tea she had brought for her cousin.
Sounded like you could use just a little help Stryder... now is not the time to be stubborn and tell me to stay out of it... she's my family you know... you take care of your family when they need you to do you not? Now let me try and help you take care of mine.
She didn't wait for him to say much of anything at all. Crouching down in front of Cyranda she wiped her face with a cool cloth.
Hey now what's all this hmm? Randy you know, you might want to slow down enough to really listen to what this one over here is saying yes? I don't know why you have this idea in your head that you have to bear the brunt of everything that happens to you alone. This man here... hell honey everyone knows how much he loves you, believe me he made damn sure we all knew it every day you were gone... nothing mattered more to Stryder than finding you and when we finally did find you... you don't know do you? This man here broke down and cried like a baby... of course if that leaves this room he may kill me for it... but that's not the point... here drink some of this... it won't put you to sleep but it will help settle your nerves some...
Payten brought the tea to Pixies lips and waited for her to take a few sips then reached over to set the cup back down on the nightstand.
Talk to him honey... don't push him away... you know you need him as much as he needs you and I know you think in your own nutty little way you're saving him... but you know the truth is you are really only hurting both of you...

Payten stood up kissing the top of her cousins head and left the room. As soon as they were alone again Pixie looked up at Stryder wide eyed.
You cried like a baby? You?... No way...
Whether he did or not didn't matter, what Payten said struck home just as much as hearing Stryder tell her not even a few minutes before that he thought she no longer needed or wanted him. He was crazier than she was if that's what he thought, if that was the reason he was going to give in to what she had said she wanted. Of course he was going to let her walk away... she didn't give any reason to think anything other than that was what she really wanted, not with how she had acted so happy to be leaving like she did. She felt him shaking and she wrapped her arms around him without a thought about doing it.
It wasn't you... you didn't do anything. You said we need to talk... we do... we have for a long time now... but how could I tell you that I had that monsters baby in me Stryder? In the same place where I carried our babies for months... how could I even think of telling you that I went to the fey and had an innocent murdered because I could not stomach the thought of that mans baby...
She had to stop to take a breath, to will herself to stay calm. Everytime she thought about what happened in Truth her heart felt like it was going to explode and she would start to think all sorts of dark thoughts.
That man took my life... and turned it into something twisted and ugly... how could I let that touch you or touch our children? You didn't fail me Stryder... but how can I keep myself from thinking that I didn't fail you? I had another mans child inside me... how do we work through that? I know, I know you tell me it wasn't my fault and I know if I would have had any memory at all of my life with you after the ascension I would have killed that bastard where he stood or died trying to... but that doesn't make it right and that doesn't make it okay... don't you see that? It's not okay.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda Jane Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 am

Because I am your Dark Knight? Don't you know Pix I would do anything for you. I would do anything though the one thing I can not do is live without you. I would have gone with you to the fey if you had wanted. Pix don't you know I would stand by you. You had no memories to go on when he was feeding you all that bullshit. He took advantage of you Pix and he did it to destroy us and destroy our family. Don't you see Pix if you make anything that monster did as a reason for leaving even in death he is touching our lives and winning. I am not going to let him or anyone else come between us.

He was holding on to her still he nuzzled her neck and then sat there. He knew he could not fix it, but he also knew that he had to do everything he could to let her live again like she needed to.

You did not fail me or our family. Pix you went through a lot and you went through something alone that you should never have had to feel like you needed to go through alone. But you want to know how you did not fail me we are both still here. When it came down to it our love was stronger than the monster and it still is. He tried to get you to kill me but I am still here am I not?


He kissed her and looked at her and ran fingers through her hair.

And how we get through this is one step at a time. And if it will help not going back to Pallia for a little bit that is what we will do. I may always be trying to protect everyone in the family, but there is only one that I can not live without. I am your Dark Knight and the most important person for me to protect is my wife.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda Jane Deamons » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:46 am

I couldn't even tell you and you think I wanted you to go with me to the fey? I know you would have gone with me if I asked you to but don't you get it? I didn't want you there, I didn't want you to ever and I mean ever know.
Cyranda moved from his arms and paced the floor with her arms wrapped around herself. Even being close to him, held in his arms did little to chase away the cold that had taken hold of her since the morning she found out she had conceived a child with another man. Not just any man but the man who had been so hell bent on destroying their entire family. The same man who had taken over Losas body and would have killed Stryder if Iliana had not intervened the way she did.
You want to know what the worst part of it all is? The worst part is finding out that he did what he did to Losa... and there I was walking on our lands thinking it was over... and he was there the whole time... the time at the lake when Katie and I were there and he showed up... I knew Katie wasn't acting right but I let it go... and he was there talking to me like nothing out of the ordinary was going on... and the whole time I had that baby in me... and Kiara knew... she knew Losa wasn't Losa Stryder and she still let him loose. I couldn't wrap my mind around why Losa was all of sudden so interested in me... but it all makes sense now. He was right gods damn there and you'd be dead if Annie didn't... Kiara let everyone believe she was dead, that all of them were dead and she let you be used... you could have been killed! I know you're here, that everything we have been through is proof that we are strong... but I can't be strong anymore, I don't have it in me anymore. All the fighting, all the tension... the way those people live... right now I just can't do it.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda Jane Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:57 am

I know you did not want me to know therefore you would not have wanted me there but know what Pix. I do know now and you were right when you said it did not matter how I found out. I am not going to defend what Kiara did as far as Losa goes. But what would any of us have done given that situation? Would you have let someone kill me to be rid of the last of the monster if it was me he had taken over. I can not condone Kiara not giving us a heads up but anyone who loves their mate as much as Kiara loves Losa, I think would have done something similar.

He was up and he was taking her hand and he brought her to him and looked up.

You do not have to stay strong Pix you have a big Ape for that. But the big Ape would not be so strong without his wife. If you can not deal with things back there so be it. We can always take some time away from there let everyone else get settled back into things too. We can go see Ash in Firyon. Then from there maybe we can go to Ithilien and go visit my Mother's house. You know we have not seen Sol and Balin and that bunch in awhile. We will handle things as we should together. I can not erase what that monster did to you but you can sure as hell bet I a not going to let him or anyone else destroy us.

His hand went to her face and he touched it gently.

The only thing I could not take is if you left me Pix. I thought I was dying back there and that turned into anger and all that. Please Pix don't run from me.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda Jane Deamons » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm

We can't go to Firyon Stryder...
Cyranda lost the battle and she knew it. Why did she think could ever win to begin with? Stryder never gave up when he wanted something, when he needed something and he made it perfectly clear that he needed her. She knew that, she always knew that but what happened had left her so twisted and racked with guilt she had herself convinced he was better without her. She was wrong.
I can't trust you not to try and find out if Payne tastes like chicken even after all this time.
Through her tears she winked at him then launched herself at him knocking him backwards against the bed. Wrapped up in his arms Cyranda Jane cried like she had never cried before. Every bit of anger and pain that she kept locked inside was washed away in those tears.
I can't run away from you incase you haven't noticed... you run faster than I do and you use the shadows to cheat so you always catch me anyway. I want to see my Ash and his Astrid... and Stone, Jillian and the baby and Phoebe and Dominic... I need my family... our babies. We can all go to Ithilien can't we? Just for a little while. We all need to be together Stryder. You're right. You can't erase what he did to me... or what I did either... but we can start to heal the right way... together... I should have told you everything. I know I should have I just didn't want to see you hurt anymore or maybe I didn't want to see you look at me any different even though I know better. I'm not leaving you... you've never given up on me... even when you wanted to kill me before you knew you couldn't live without me you never left me or gave up on me... I can't give up on us, I don't know why I thought it would even be good to try. I love you too much for anyone or anything to get between us. I'm not letting that bastard win.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda Jane Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 pm

You have to remember it was an elf from Firyon that tasted like rotten meat not chicken the only ones from Firyon that might not taste that way are the elfling and her children. Are you sure I can not try just a little taste. Well of course not Astrid because she is married to Ash. Hey our grandchildren might taste like chicken if we ever get some from Ash and Astrid.

He grinned and when she launched herself at him he wrapped her up in his arms and did not let go. While she cried he just held on to her and he kissed her. His head leaning against hers letting her let it all out.

Of course I know you can not out run me which is a good thing because then you will not even try. We all can go to Ithilien I am sure Sol and Balin would not mind. Plus have you seen how big that house really is? Most our rooms are still intact. Yes we can heal together and we can also take time we need away from things. I know you will not let that bastard win and there is the sight of the wife that I know and love so much. The one that does not let anything stop her. We will get through this and we will do whatever we have to.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Astrid Ethrorrian » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:24 am

Tie this for me Ash..
Astrid turned around with her hair gathered up in her hands so he could do what she asked him to. They were having dinner with her parents and sister that night, the first time they were all going to be together in how long? And Astrid was a little nervous, why wouldn't she be, afterall she was the one that talked Ardis into the stupid scheme to get their parents back together, she was the one who went toe to toe with their father even though Ardis tried to get her to back down. No it was not going to be an easy night at all but if she played her cards right like her mother told her to, then by morning maybe just maybe her father would forgive her and her sister.
Remind me again why I do the things I do sometimes? You know for as old as I am and for all that I do I just don't know why sometimes I come up with the stupidest ideas. I know we've been over this a hundred times before, you're tired of hearing it, I'm tired of saying it, I hope tonight it finally comes to an end.
She checked herself in the mirror and smiled sheepishly to herself. With what she was wearing and how she had her hair Astrid looked like she did before she became High Privy Advocate, before she became a wife, she looked like the innocent elven maid she had once been not so long ago. Whats more she actually looked like a Princess of Firyon and more importantly she looked like daddys little girl, which she hoped would help in getting her father to forgive her. There was a knock at the door and when she answered it laughter erupted from the hall and from the room. Pulling her sister and Phillip inside Astrid and Ardis stood side by side. To anyone who didn't know them telling them apart would have been impossible, they were dressed exactly the same, with the same hair, even their shoes matched and they had same gleam in their eyes.
User avatar
Astrid Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cori Ethrorrian » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Try and smile my love, it won't be so bad you'll see.
Cori was standing outside the doors of the court hall adjusting Paynes collar and trying to get the scowl from his face. She knew he wasn't looking forward to the dinner with their daughters in the sense that they hadn't seen one another since the afternoon of the twins little escapade, but at the same time the half breed Queen knew how much her King missed his Princesses. In some ways the stunt that Astrid and Ardis pulled did work but that still did not excuse them for what they did and Cori was well aware it was still going to take some time for them to get back in their fathers good graces. Ruffling Paynes hair she was grinning at him thinking he looked like he was ten years younger, the time they spent alone without any real worries, time that was just for them, seemed to have done him some good. She knew it did her a hell of alot of good that was for damn sure. The doors opened and at the table Astrid and Ardis were getting to their feet along with Ash and Phillip. Seeing her daughters Cori almost starting laughing. When they were younger and in trouble for whatever reason, like cliff diving in winter or pulling some prank on each other the twins would without thought dress exactly alike when it came time to see their father. Why would not be any different she thought. Cori squeezed Paynes hand leaned over and kissed his cheek.
Look at them and tell me you cannot forgive them.
User avatar
Cori Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Morning came to Pallia and with it brought a sense of normalcy to the not so normal, now immortal life of Katie Joy Lockheart. Like she did every morning Katie was up before her Quinn, the adjusts that were made to the house they called their own allowed for Katie to move freely through each room during the day, light was still able to come in through the now stained glass windows making it so Quinn would not have to walk in darkness and Katie could still feel like she was close to the sun without any harm coming to her. She went through the house making mental notes of the changes she was going to make to the interior to give the house the feel of a home rather than just a structure that they lived in. Her first task for the day was to lose herself in the kitchen. Breakfast for Quinn was her top priority that morning just like it had been every morning. Cooking for her family was something she found great joy in, whichever life she lived this would never change. So it was that she went through the kitchen and started preparing pancakes with little chips of chocolate in them while she listened for movement upstairs. Her lips curled into a smile when she heard the water starting to run from the floor above. He was awake and she wondered if he would remember she had really stayed with him the night or if he thought he might have dreamt it all, well if his nose was working then the smells coming from the kitchen would give away that she had really been there and was still there. Losing herself in her tasks she wondered who was more surprised when he came down into the kitchen, she knew he would be down but the sight of him still took her breath away. Quinn would forever be her beautiful Equinox. With a plate in hand Katie greeted Quinn with a kiss and took his hand in her free hand leading him to the table.
Good morning my Quinn! Sit down... eat... I know you have busy day ahead of you... and how do I know this? All those back orders. Really Equinox Lockheart what were thinking allowing yourself to get so far behind.
Bustling around the kitchen she poured his coffee and set it down at the table next to his plate, with it was a folder.
I made a few adjustments to some of the orders that you haven't started yet... the sketches are in the folder, and expect to see Cross at the shop today, he's offered to lend a hand seeing Maddy is close to having that baby, so that should make your day a little easier. Now I know you probably don't want to think about food right now seeing you're filling your belly, but I was thinking maybe tonight we could meet at that little cafe we like so much? And then maybe take a walk at the river near the park?
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Harper Shadow » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:13 am

There it is Harper thought to herself while she padded across the room in slippered feet wrapped in a long sleeved shirt made of flannel. Morning was just breaking over the horizon and with it came the smell and sight of the first snow of the season. Falling in flakes of all shapes and sizes like confetti thrown at a party from the heavens she watched through the window of the room she started sleeping in almost every night. Since making her confessions to Trifton Wakefield the two of them were nearly inseparable, apart only when duty called, and though she wouldn't dare confess it to anyone lest she have to deal with teasing or disapproving looks from her brothers or father, she liked it that way. Oh her family knew she was with Trifton but the subject of where she rested her head at night lately was not brought up for no other reason than to avoid well her brothers being her brothers and her father being her father. A true smile played on her lips as she sat down in front of the window and leaned into the sill like a child caught up in the wonder of the magic that was taking place right before her very eyes. All right so she knew how snow was really made but she was still in awe of the force of nature that could be so beautiful yet so deadly at the same time. Glancing back to the bed she saw the outline of the body in the bed that she had been sleeping next to until some unseen voice had whispered in her ear to wake up before she missed it all. Now she knew that voice had been winter itself calling to her to come see it's official arrival. Trifton was still sleeping and she thought about waking him but he had been working so hard lately, preparing even more for his trials that she wanted him to rest. Turning back to the window she was content to spend the first few moments of the morning with herself.
User avatar
Harper Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aurora Hope » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 am

Cold and snowing, you know what this is going to mean don't you?
Aurora was buzzing around the kitchens at the hall with Winter Deamons readying the days first meals for those of the Elite that were up all night tending to their duties when they were stopped for a few minutes by the snow that started falling against the panes of the windows in the kitchen. Winter in Pallia was from Rory had been told was probably the most amazing time of year to be in Pallia, she couldn't imagine anything being as amazing as the summer and fall had been but then again, she knew better than to doubt what anyone said about the realm. Winter laughed and nodded her head vigorously at the statement.
It means that Cole and Lucky are probably going to come in here any second now that their shifts are over demanding to put their cold lips on our warm skin and Janessa will be making some snarky comment about Aidan again.
Aurora had to laugh, how could she not? Everything was falling back into place at the Hall almost perfectly, the period of time known as the Time of the Souls had been hell on everyone in the Elite and on Pallia as a whole but in the days that passed life was returning to normal, well maybe not normal because normal before hadn't been as good as normal was becoming now.
When isn't Janessa making some comment about Aidan? I tell you what I give that girl alot of credit I think if Cole was as moody as that boy I'd have hung myself by now, though I do have to say that whenever she is around he seems I don't know calmer? Happier? Whatever it is she needs to keep doing what she's doing I think we'd all dive under the tables and hide if we had to deal with him dealing without her for a day. How did you all survive before she wrapped his highness around her finger?
Winter snickered while she set the coffee and tea on the stove then checked the muffins she had in the oven.
Well I think that he's just as good for her as she is for him, but like everything else in our crazy world, we just have to take it one day at a time...
One day at a time, that was how she lived the whole of her life, taking it one day at a time was as easy as breathing for Rory, only now she could breathe easy.
Well here's to one day at a time then Winter and hopefully those days will turn into years.
The sounds of Elite filling the hall reached their ears and the laughter of one rang out through the hall. Rory raised a brow, Winter grinned and they started counting how long it would be before they heard Janessa and before the men who raided their kitchens often came in to claim their morning prize.
User avatar
Aurora Hope
Stablehand
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Janessa » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Oh my gods! Grady!
Without knowing it Janessa gave Winter and Aurora what they were waiting for. She came into the hall with the other recruits who were close to their trials like she was after a long night of freezing patrols, scouting and playing messenger service for the Queen. As soon as she was inside her skin started to warm and she sighed but that sigh turned into a half shriek when cold hands found their way up the back of her shirt going no further than the small of her back. She turned around and slapped her assailant up the side of his head and shook the snow from her hair making it fall into her hand then threw it at him.
What in the nine hells is the matter with you?
She was given a grin and laughter rang through the hall.
Just a wee bit a payback poppet... d'nay even try an' tell me it weren't you that made the snow from the tree fall right on me head.
Janessas cheeks turned a little pink and she grinned back at him with a feigned look of innocence on her face.
Now Grady that was an accident. I thought you were a bear...
She made the statement so sweetly that it caused even more laughter and without warning she was lifted off her feet and hoisted over his shoulder, she stretched out and twisted a little seeing him heading for the doors of the hall and knew she was going to end up outside on her backside in the cold. Lucky for her or maybe not so lucky depending on who you asked she caught sight of familiar red hair and she lifted herself up using Gradys back to support herself and she found herself looking at what appeared to be a very unamused prince.
A little help here would be greatly appreciated your highness.
As soon as the words were out of her mouth Grady dropped her. Dropped her. She hit the ground and without a thought she brought her arm out tripping the man who just dumped her to the ground. He stumbled and fell and Janessa propped up on her elbows on the floor of the great hall laughing again.
Look at that! You managed to scare the man into falling all over himself without even saying a word your highness! Well done!
User avatar
Janessa
Stablehand
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Sarabell was I bad? Is that why you're sending me away?
Nala was looking up at Sarabella then looking at Jackson and Braxton. Sarabella wanted to cry. It had been decided that the safest place for Nala to be for the time being while Hallia was in such a state of unrest was in Pallia with Braxton, Ellysia and Mathias. Even Harper, Jacksons less than happy with Sarabella, sister had made it clear that she would do everything to keep Nala not just safe but happy during her stay in Pallia. A stay that Sarabella hoped would be permanent soon, with Sarabella and Jackson going back to the lands that Sara and Nala had both fallen in love with where they would do what Jackson said. Take each day moment by moment and build their life. Crouching down Sarabella pulled Nala into her arms hugging her close.
Oh no Nala, you haven't been bad at all. Don't you know? Ellysia is missing you so bad that she threatened to punch Mathias right in the eye if you weren't brought to her right away.
Nalas arms went around her neck and the frown that had been on her face transformed into a beaming smile that reached her eyes.
Elly misses me that much? But Sara, isn't Elly still busy? Isn't that why she couldn't come back here with us?
Sarabella knew there was going to come a time when she was going to have to tell Nala at least half the truth when it came to Ellysia.
Elly misses you very much and she's not so busy anymore. Nala you need to know that Ellysia had an accident, she's going to be all right but she might not look the same... you know how Jackson has some scars from his accident? Well Elly is going to have some scars like Jackson. Mathias has been taking care of Elly for us and now she's back to fighting with him and everything. Now I want you to say goodbye to Jackson and listen to everything that Braxton, Mathias, Harper and the King and Queen of Pallia tells you okay baby?
Nala was slowly nodding her head and Sarabella could see she was trying not to cry.
But what if the Queen tries to eat me because I forget not to run screaming in her hall Sarabell?
Sarabella laughed and hugged her niece tighter.
Jackson has already spoken with the Queen and he told her under no circumstances can she eat his little girl... you'll be safe in Pallia with the Queen.
Safer than you know Sarabella thought.
Now say goodbye to Jackson and when you get to Pallia you remember to Ellysia to behave because Jackson and I will be there to visit her soon.
Getting to her feet Sarabella watched Nala nearly mow Jackson down with a hug and a kiss to his cheek, she saw Braxton and Jackson exchange whispers and then Braxton took Nala by the hand slipping into the shadows with her. A cold feeling came over Sarabella and she wrapped her arms around herself looking at Jackson.
Gods I hope we're doing the right thing for her Jackson.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 pm

He walked with her with his arm around her. He had not been looking forward to this at all but he had promised his wife. He looked at her when she was fixing his collar and messing with his hair.

I am going into this dinner for you Cori, not for our daughters. Yes I love my daughters but they went too far. They went too far with things bringing that woman into our bed. Then continually lying to me, lie after lie until it all blew up. I will hear what they have to say but I still am not amused by what they did.


When they entered in and she commented to him about if he could stay mad at them and he knew he could. He did not find it amusing either that they dressed up alike. It may have worked when they were little girls but they were not little girls anymore. And the games they played were not little girls anymore. He sighed and went inside with his wife seeing their daughters stand along with Phillip and Ash. He waited for them to speak.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 pm

He did not remember falling asleep as he did while laying with her. It was never hard for him to find sleep when Katie was near. He had falled asleep with a smile on his face. When he woke he knew she was not there. Had it all been a dream the night before he was not sure. He went and started to get ready for his day. He thought he smelt something cooking so after he got on pants he headed to the kitchen. He had to smile when seeing her. He had to smile after she greeted him how could he not smile. He let her lead him to a table where he sat and started to eat. He leaned and kissed her over the table.

I will take a look at the adjustments after breakfast. With everything going on we just fell a bit behind. Don't worry we will get it all caught up. Cross's help will be apprecciated. I know Maddy tires easy and man is she grumpy while pregnant. That baby better be born soon not sure how much more any of us can take of her.

He laughed and his hand held hers as he ate. He was listening to what she said.

We can meet at the cafe after nightfall if you would like, and then we can go for the walk that you suggested to. After all it should look nice with the snow and all.


Once he was done he moved closer to her and kissed her bringing her to him with a smile.

I am glad you are home
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Trifton Wakefield » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:00 am

He woke up stretching out and yawned quietly realizing he was alone. It was not unusual if she had to be up or he had to be up for the other to wake up alone. He started to think how nice it would be if they actually could get on the same schedule. He slid from bed seeing her at the window and went up behind her sliding his arms around her and leaning to kiss her.

Well I think that is our sign that winter has arrived not that I mind, always is nice to see the first snow. So what's on the agenda today?


He smiled and leaned his head on her shoulder watching the snow fall with his arms around her waist. Things had not settled down as far as somethings went but they had grown closer in a lot of ways as soon as both of them stopped fighting things that were right there. He still could not stand the sight of a certain person but he chose just to steer clear of her since he knew what he had said had been true. Hell for all he knew something happened with her and Phillip before they were even broken up. She sure as hell did not wait long to prove him right anyways but he did not really think of that anymore as he was happy with how his life was. He knew Harper was a better woman than Ardis could ever be, and a more trust worthy one. No matter what was gong on Harper would make sure to see him at least some point, and there was none of the bullshit that he had to put up with before. Thinking of how good things had been going lately made him smile.
User avatar
Trifton Wakefield
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Trifton Wakefield » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 am

alts did not switch
User avatar
Trifton Wakefield
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:14 am

He helped Janessa up and then he helped Grady up in not such a fun way. He was glaring at Grady.

Did you forget your place? I think you owe the lady an apology and next time you might want to remember just who's lady you are messing with.


He carried Grady right out into the snow and dropped him right into a drift and not nicely either.

Next time you better think twice about touching my lady. Haven't you heard how we are about that?


He walked back in and kissed Janessa then went and sat with her to eat breakfast.

Trials are coming up soon for some people what do you think Nessa?

He went on like the incident with Grady had never happened. He knew there was nothing going on there. No man was stupid enough to make a move on the woman he was with. Partly because people knew just what kind of line that he came from. You just did not mess with one of their mates no matter who you were.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users