Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 pm

C'nay be pointin' fingers at me Payne, she was like this by the time I got my hands on her. She be more like her Da than either 'a them be wantin' ta admit.
Rayne winked at the King of Firyon at the same time her arm shot out and went across Condriks chest to keep him from killing the boy who was what Rayne called flirting dangerously with the Guardians daughter. Too bad for Con that his daughter was the boys wife and Queen so killing him was not an option. Blond locks swayed back and forth with the movement of the elfs head and she was trying her damnedest not to laugh.
I thought we were passed tryin' to kill the boy Saint? D'nay see what ye can be doin' 'bout'em now darlin' she's already had his babies, an' shares a wee bit more'an his throne.
It was terrible to tease Con like that, as much as Payne was loved and was a part of the family Cori was still Condriks elfling no matter how grown she was, but sometimes that teasing couldn't be helped. Rayne went up on her toes and leaned up to his ear.
Besides, I can think of better uses for those hands of yours other than breaking the boys neck.
She went back down to the ground and saw the eye rolls and the goofy grins coming from all around and she shrugged her shoulders with a cocky grin on her own face.
Never said she wasn't like me too.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Genna is fine, but do you really think she wants me around when she has not had much time with her husband since they have been married. You really do not think that she wants me there do you? Sorry maybe I should not have done that in front of everyone like that. What do you say we get you to where you can get changed out of that and we can go for a walk or something now that things are starting to get back to normal.

He was nervous now what she thought about what he did. He had not been thinking when he saw her, he was just glad to see her. His hand was in hers still.

We can do whatever you want to do, does not much matter to me. I mean if you want to go back in there I would understand. I know it is the first time that a good number of your family has been together in awhile.


He smiled and leaned and kissed her, he knew that they were the only ones out there and knew it would not embarrass her there.
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Ardis shook her head and chuckled. It seemed that while she was thinking Phillip would laugh at her for what she was thinking , he was worried about her reaction to him doing what he did in front of everyone.
You don't have to apologize Phillip. I don't know if you've noticed or not but I'm not one for keeping secrets tonight.
During what was already started to be called The Time of the Souls, Ardis had changed. It was a change she believed was for the better. Too many secrets, hiding who she really was from those who served under her, living one life by day and another by night so to speak had taken it's toll and so had all the sneaking around that had to be done in order for her to spend even an hour with Phillip when she was able.
I think what I would like to do right now is simply find out where we stand at this point Phillip. This whole thing, this mess, this war, whatever name you want to give it.... it's made me see a few things about my life from another perspective. So many changes all in the same year, it's a wonder anyone recognizes me anymore.
Without a word she pulled him into the shadows and when they emerged they were in Firyon tucked safely away from everyone in her rooms. She started taking off her armor piece by piece while she talked.
Darren Thistlewood dies tonight. Tomorrow, all of Firyon... hell all of Avurland will know that I have been the one in command of this kingdoms armies. I'm tired of secrets. Tired of second guessing myself where you are concerned and wondering whats going to happen when I wake up one morning and realize that you mean more to me than you were supposed to...
Taking off the last of the greaves that protected her legs, the the long black leggings, she saw his eyes dart down to the long scar running from below her knee stopping just before her ankle on the side of her leg. She looked at him sheepishly.
I'm not invincible you know. It was nothing really.
With a sigh she turned from him and put the armor into the special cabinet that her father had built for her. Standing in the black long sleeved shirt she still wore her hands went to her hips and her head tilted to the side.
What are we doing Phillip?
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:48 pm

I am only not doing what some would expect from me because I know how much she is going to need James when she does wake up. We have two incredible children you know that. Both so different but so alike too. I know that they have both been through a lot and I am going to do what I can for our family. Oriana never learned balance partly because she could not let anyone else handle things. On the other hand I know there are some things that others can handle. Tonight was not one of them. The whole soul thing is tricky to say the least then as he was dying Alistar tried to fight it. But there are certain things you never mess with. No matter how good nature a mage is you do not mess with his wife or his daughters. It is just that simple, that is why I needed to deal with that stuff tonight. Not for anyone else except for Annie and for us to know that bastard was not going to touch anyone in our family again.

He shook his head and smiled at her and kissed her. He started to give her all the attention that he could. He knew that it was going to be some time before either of them could really settle down about what happened. He ignored any of the injuries he had and just gave her all the attention they could knowing at any minute Annie could be awake left a little that he could not do just yet. He always felt different when he was around Payten and his daughters then he did around anyone else. With a grin he looked at her.

I was thinking after things are a bit settled for the girls then I was thinking you and I could travel a little just the two of us. I mean we are always in Pallia or Firyon. At times we come here for a function but we have never really gone outside of things. There are many places I have been that I think you would like to see.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:06 pm

You know I had almost forgotten that you were the wanderer...

Payten was curled up next to Aranor, her head rested on his shoulder, one arm was over his chest and she thought of just how long it had been to where they just laid together talking like they used to in between a little play time here and there. Their nights and even their days were so full that by the time they turned in one of them would be asleep as soon as their head hit the pillow, and then there were the nights that she would fall asleep in their bed alone, and wake up much the same way, the only signs that Aranor had come home at all would be his scent lingering in their room and the note she would find waiting for her on his pillow. She did have to give him credit though, even if she was sleeping by the time he would walk through their door, he always came home no matter where he was. Until the war started, and that had been the very thing that was Paytens undoing. Her daughters, her husband were all so involved in that damn war, it sickened her to think of all that Iliana and Aranor had to suffer through.

You fool, now you know I wasn't talking about what happened this time. This time you did what you had to do, what needed to be done, there was too much at risk to trust the tasks to anyone else and I am very much aware of that fact.

She was propped back up on her elbow and looking down at him again. Was she just seeing things or did it seem like the lines that used to crease his face were disappearing? He looked calmer, more like the Aranor she had known before he became an Archmage. Aranor, an Archmage, he never did like hearing the word but that was what he was, gods damn if she was going to let it become who he was though. And apparently he had the same thought.

I wish there were more words in the world so I could tell you in so many more ways just how proud I am of you and how much I love you... getting away just you and me, seeing more than Firyon and Pallia gee let me think about it... I think I can live with that.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:40 pm

His family did exactly as asked in going to save her and everything. But the one thing that was needed that he asked her for she would not do anything about. It rather aggravated him that she was so willing to let Elyssia act out in any manner to his father. He had his own duties to deal with and he tried to keep his tone light.

Sorry for asking you to help my father a little just by letting her know that you were okay as she has been insisting she needs to know. Maybe she needs to know it because of what you said happened when you were younger. But it is your place to deal with things the way you see fit. Well what was meant to happen was for everyone to be caught off guard that way Jason did not have time to order your death before I got to you. We knew once he realized what was happening that he might try to have you killed before he died.

He watched the King and Queen of Ialia with some amusement. Though he found it quite funny when Nala punched Zhulin right in the nose he knew he should not laugh but then he could not help it when Zhulin pretended to try and eat her stomach.

Should we go and save Nala? After all that is quite a monster that is after her stomach. Wonder if the Witch thought to feed her beast before leaving. It does surprise me because as I said I was with someone who had been given damn near everything. All she wanted to do was keep having everything even if it meant just marrying for money. A small house is I guess what you would say I grew up in I mean we had our own rooms but it was not huge by any means. But we could not have wanted for more. We did not have a lot of money because Dad knew not everyone could pay him for the services that he did but that has always been okay with him. I should have known Noel would never be comfortable in my world, and to me either way did not matter. It did not matter to me whether it was a big or small house that we were going to live in what matters most is the people in it.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Braxton Shadow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Well I could always use the excuse that I could not turn down a pretty lady. After all aren't the Shadow men known for not being able to turn someone down especially if they are female. That would be my reason for not being able to tell you no. What I have in mind for Harper is just a little fun with magic. I promise it will not make a mess of anything in the Hall.

He smiled and listened to her talk about her family and everything. He had to smile.

Well I will keep watch for the people that you speak of, after all I have not seen many here since my first look at the Hall was when Aranor and I came from where we were. So the only people I have seen so far is the ones that were in the room with us. Then of course you once everyone else was gone and I was cleaning up. We always heard stories about things here but my father was always worried about traveling here due to issues gong on then years went by Jackson and Harper decided to come and join the Elite using our Mother's last name that is why their checks came back ok, because people knew Harper and Jackson would only use Mom's last name if it was necessary. To them it was necessary to not be favored or anything. As you know neither of them are obvious fits as being members of the Shadow family not like I am at least. I would like to hear more about these lands and everything. I know there are somethings that you can not talk about I am sure.
User avatar
Braxton Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:00 am

Ellysia knows that I'm all right Jackson.

That was all that Sara was going to say on the matter of her madre and Jacksons father. She knew it might put her in a bad light but Sara did have her reasons for not placating Ellysia, not when she knew that her madre was very much aware that Sara truly was safe. Word had been sent by Kayne herself to Pallia that Sara was in Iallia with her newest guard and Ellysia had no choice but to believe the word of Iallias Queen simply because of who she was. Watching Nala with Kayne and Zhulin warmed Saras heart and kept the chill that was always trying to creep up her spine at bay. How many times would Sara in the disguise of some peasant or peddler walk the streets of Hallia and her smaller providences and leave bags of gold and staples like flour, sugar, and other essentials on the steps of the poorer folks in the realm? Being born into royalty had not had the same effect on Sara as it did on other nobles that she had to associate with. So many of them were too busy fretting over which jewels to wear with which dress or which lady would be fit enough to improve ones standing through marriage and so on. It was all politics and nonsense, and she hated it. There were the advantages of course, being able to help those in need without having to worry, being able to use her station to right wrongs whenever she was able, those were good things. Hearing Jackson talk of his family, and how he was brought up made her smile to herself, she always wondered what it would be like to live as he did day in and day out and she remembered the one summer when her father had sent her to stay with Peter for the whole summer just so she would know what it was like at least on some level. The truth was Sara had thrived living with Peter and Joanne that summer and while other women of her station dreamed of a life with a handsome prince on her arm... Sara dreamed of settling down on a farm with a farm boy somewhere raising pigs, sheep, cows and horses and chickens. More than anything she wanted to raise chickens so she could give them to people who had to go without eating sometimes just to make ends meet ... and maybe have a few children here and there in between. She remembered how her father and Peter had laughed until tears rolled down their cheeks when she announced she was going to be a chicken farmer and her father told her how he believed she would be the best chicken farmer in all of Hallia.

It sounds like you have had an amazing life with an amazing family. I would have loved to have been able to see what being raised like that was like.

Nalas squeals of delight were followed by Zhulins deep laugh and Sara looked at her niece feeling just a little twinge of jealousy because Nala was blessed enough to live the life that Sara had always wanted for herself.

I think his majesty is enjoying himself just as much as Nala is, leave them have their fun, she'll come back on her own when she's ready to. Besides I like being able to watch her and see how she doesn't have a care in the world other than having to just be happy.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Hunter Shadow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:18 am

I am sure there is a lot of food in the kitchen because you know how Winter is. What do you think she was doing while Lucky was gone? I am sure hat we are going to find every possible thing filled with food. Probably mostly Lucky's favorites but that is ok. And Sage just wait I will catch you when my wife is not around and then we will see just how much you want to run your mouth after that.

He grinned and lifted Maddie into his arms and kissed her. He took off into the Shadows just to end up in the Hall's kitchen.

You know one of these days Winter is going to wise up and is going to have them ward this kitchen so that we have to use the door. Then again she may not because then Lucky could not surprise her. Now let's see what we can find.


He started to pull out the things he could find that could be eaten as was. He grinned because everyone knew everything Winter would make was good. He sat down with his wife, how long had it been that he had been waiting to use that word about her. He grinned and leaned and kissed her. His hand went on her stomach gently loving the feel of knowing that their child was growing inside.
User avatar
Hunter Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Abigale » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 am

You look more like a Connor than a Shadow did you know that?

Abigale made the observation while she poured tea into two cups then added two drops of honey in each, stirred the hot liquid with a silver spoon and brought them to the table. She set them down on the table along with a small plate then went into the storage room rummaging through the shelves while she talked.

But you are right, from my experiences all it takes is a smile and maybe a little wiggle in the way a woman walks and we can get a Shadow to do just about anything we want.

Coming out of the storage room with a loaf of bread in hand she then moved to the icebox and brought out some cheese.

Simple magics or not I know that each spell used takes energy and I also know that sometimes you Shadow men who possess the gift do not stop and think that you might need to rest or eat a little something to regain the energy lost until you're dragging your feet and begging for sleep.

Sitting down at the table she started cutting the bread, the sliced some cheese, put them on the plate and reached over putting the plate in front of Braxton.

Most of the stories your father heard were probably true as improbable as they might seem. Pallia is not your ordinary kingdom, our people are no ordinary people and our King and Queen, well let's just say not even extraordinary describes them. Our lands are rich with history veiled in magic and mystery. Pallia is home and there is no where else in all of creation I would rather be... now eat Braxton Shadow or do I need put an extra wiggle in my walk?

She started to laugh when the kitchen was overrun with people from Hunter Shadow right on down to the Queen of Firyon on herself and right away Abigale was on her feet.

Hunter Shadow get your backside out of there, take all of these people with you and into the Great Hall...

Smiling apologetically at Braxton Abigale started tying and apron around her waist.

I know I'm no great culinary master like Winter but I'll make sure you all don't starve and yes it will be edible... there isn't enough room in here for all of you Hunter and Maddy needs to be off her feet... go on now I have everything under control Hunter... if you see Rory out there anywhere send her in here please and thank you.
User avatar
Abigale
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:32 am

I really do not think everyone wants to be hearing about everyone's life behind closed doors. We are however here to celebrate our family being able to come home, and of course our newest addition to the Family Maddie. Now can people try and behave before there is some type of bloodshed. Oh and Payne I would watch what you say remember her Uncle and her Grandfather. What do you think Elder would do if he heard you talk about the elfling that way?

The thought of a pissed off Elder was enough to make anyone pale. He knew that and since Rayne would not let him have fun with Payne he decided to have fun with him in another way. He grinned and leaned his head down and nipped her ear, His hand had slid on the ring that he had not had with him when he asked her to marry him again. He grinned a bit and whispered to her.

You know we are going to have to tell them eventually. And yes I can think of better uses for my hands than to kill Payne but you know I could maim him some then still use my hands for that. So you ready to get out of here and get back to the Inn?
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 am

To me that looks like more than nothing. You know your armor is meant to keep you from getting cut like that. Or did someone catch you in a position where you did not have those on you? You need to be more careful. Though if someone got you that good have to wonder where the person's head is now.

His arms wrapped around her and he kissed her. His eyes looking into hers he could not help but smile. Where did they stand that was a damn good question. He was not fully sure where they stood at the moment. But he did know that there was probably more going on than either wanted to admit to at the time.

I am not sure where we stand. I know I missed you like hell and even when we did get to spend time together it was leaving me wanting more time with you. I have noticed you are not one for secrets tonight but I also saw the look on some of your family's faces. I do not think I am someone that they really see as someone you should be spending time with. I do care for you Ardis and I think that we have something more here than either of us realized was going to happen.


His hands held hers and he kissed her again. He smiled at her thinking of just how explosive they could be together and not in a bad way either.

All I know is that when I am not with you, I want to be with you. When I close my eyes to sleep and you are there with me my world seems right. The times when you have had to leave after I am asleep or that I have had to leave leaves an empty feeling with me. So I am not sure what all of that means but I do know that you are the only one on my mind anymore and have been the only one on my mind.
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 am

So I was right to believe that she is playing games. Honesty is the best route for one to go. But not much anyone can do about it right now. She does look like she is having quite a good time. Kids are amazing to watch, in their world things are so much simpler.

He found a bench where he sat down where they could watch Nala from and pulled her down with him. Not meaning to pull so hard he laughed when she fell into his lap. He gave an apologetic grin.

Sorry about that I was trying to bring you down next to me not one me. My life has been interesting. Then there was going to Pallia and getting to know the other part of my family. The only family I have known is on my mother's side up until I came here. My family all around is decent sized. Though there some I have not even got to know yet. I was actually surprised when Aidan had me go to get you because there are many he could have chose from. But then again being a shadowwalker does have advantages.


He smiled while listening to her and he grinned over at her. His hand was in hers as they watched Nala. He was not paying no mind to that his hand was holding hers.

Sometimes I think people would be better off if they could see how others lived. There are some good people that are wealthy and of high station that do good things. Then there are those that only care about how much they have compared to someone else. I know from what you were saying that you are more than likely the one that is going to have to rule Hallia. I know you have a good heart for the people just from what you have helped Peter with there is so much you can do once you are Queen. Maybe even more than you realize.


He smiled at her and went back to watching Nala and the King of Ialia. It was quite refreshing to hear a child laugh like so.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Braxton Shadow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 am

He had to laugh when a bunch of people started coming in she heard what she said about one of them He was able to pick out a few that he was related to. He just had to laugh slightly about it.

Ok so I take it some of those are related to me. Hunter I know who he is, he is a cousin. I know the names but not the faces. I know few of them know who I am and those few are not in that bunch.


He waited until they were out of the room and he grinned looking at the bread and cheese.

Does this mean I do not get to see an extra wiggle in your walk was kind of looking forward to that. Maybe for a few extra wiggles I could help you. My mother made sure we all knew how to cook. Though I would not trust Harper alone in a kitchen for too long. There was the time she tried to make cookies and well we used them to throw at Targets the dogs would not even eat them.


He could not help but tease some he was comfortable with her and that showed. He would help her even if she did not wiggle for him but he figured it was a nice little tease. He ate a little bit of the bread and cheese.
User avatar
Braxton Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:26 am

Doesn't matter to me when they're told Saint hell you can announce it right now if you want, but we aren't going back to the inn, not yet sorry.
The face he made at her made her laugh and she patted his cheek trying to look sympathetic.
You're the one who said we had to celebrate and welcome Maddy into the family are ye not? Well now I expect ye ta keep ye word Condrik Shadow. Ye can survive a few more hours. Now if you wouldn't mind I'd rather be ran through the shadows than having to walk up to the hall. Don't say it I'm not getting lazy.... we can have a wee bit more fun waltzin' through the shadows than we could walkin'.
Rayne grinned at him and slipped her hand into his, the ring he put on her finger felt like it had been there since the night they owned up to what had snuck up on them catching them and everyone else by surprise. Looking around now seeing the faces of Condriks sons, the faces of the daughter that they had created together all those years before, even their grandchildren... grandchildren, the idea that they were grandparents still made her laugh when she thought about how most grandparents looked... all that was truly missing were her own children. She would see Rhone and Avery soon enough, most mothers would have gone running to find their children but Rayne had the sense of mind to know that Avery would be preoccupied with Chase and Rhone would no doubt be at Krystynas side. Her children needed their time and space, when they were ready to be seen and heard they would be, it was just how they were.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:29 am

I did not think you would argue about us getting away. I know sometimes it seems other things are more important to me Payten but you and the girls are my very heart. Some of the things I have done to protect those in Pallia has been so nothing touches our family. It is known how great of allies Firyon and Pallia is, if one was to fall the other would surely be attacked. I know this is the only great war on the lands in a long time. I know you did not mean tonight, but just know what makes me who I am is not some damn title or anything like that. I was the wanderer and was content being so until a certain elf got me hooked. I know a lot of bad has happened on the lands of Pallia but a lot of good has happened as well. If you had not been there when I went to visit who knows if I would have stayed for sure.

He smiled over at her and leaned to kiss her. His arm never left holding her even when she changed positions. He looked at her and then a smile crept to his face.

There are some places I definitely want to show you. There are a few places I stayed around for just a little while at a time.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:53 am

I was sleeping when it happened... right there at the Fools Rush. I know it sounds insane that someone would be able to get inside any one of those rooms where any child with Shadow blood in them would be but it happened. And you really don't know want to know what happened. All I will say is my brother has more of our grandmother in him than anyone realizes when he gets as angry as she can get.
Ardis was talking, her hands were busy pulling off Phillips clothes while she talked. Saying whatever was on her mind had always been so easy for her, tonight was no different.
We do have something here that's for sure and it's something I know I wasn't expecting.
Off went his shirt and she traced the muscles in his chest with her fingertips still in awe of how everything had fallen into place when she wasn't looking. There were still some matters that were going to have to be dealt with, like her family but she was ready to take them all head on. As stubborn as her family could be, she was just as stubborn and headstrong and as much as she would never say this to any of their faces she could and would get them to bend to her will in this matter if they knew what was good for them. She looked up at Phillip and repeated his words back to him without missing a word.
All I know is that when I am not with you, I want to be with you. When I close my eyes to sleep and you are there with me, my world seems right. The times when you have had to leave after I am asleep or that I have had to leave, leaves an empty feeling with me.
This is was where what she was saying changed. No more secrets, she was exhausted by secrets and why should she have to hide anything about who she was or who held her heart? Who was she protecting by doing so? No one. The truth was she was only hurting herself and maybe even Phillip too.
I am sure what all of it means, at least for me. I know I cannot speak for you and I don't expect for you to come to the same conclusion that I have... not yet anyway but I'm not going to stand here and pretend or keep what I've found a secret just because you might not feel the same. What I know is this, what's happening with us, feels right and I know I would rather be with you than without you because I know now, that I love you Phillip Ryder and no one, not my family, not anyone is going to try and make me think or feel any differently. Now if you don't mind, we can finish talking so long as it's in the shower, being in that armor all night and romping around Pallia doing clean up has left me a little sore and a hot shower will do me a hell of alot of good. Besides I could use some help washing my back... unless of course I've scared the hell out of you and you're going to run screaming now.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:25 am

Sara resisted the urge to crawl right back up on Jacksons lap when he started talking about Hallia and the position she was going to have to take as Queen. They had a good laugh when he had pulled her down too hard and she landed in his lap, which when she looked back on it, made her wonder if it had been an accident at all, and they were talking while they watched Nala and the other children who had gathered to hear the "witch" tell a Devils Night story. She was more at ease than she had been in months and for a short time all of her worries were put aside. Until the subject changed. Her head turned away from the children and the smile faded. Her shoulders dropped and she sighed without meaning to. She wasn't ready to talk about Hallia, not yet. Even though her demeanor changed she tried to keep up the conversation.

I wouldn't say Ellysia was playing games. She's acting on instinct, in her eyes, from her experiences, what she's doing is a form of self defense... self preservation. Try not to judge her Jackson, none of us knows what we would do if we were in her place.

How was she supposed to keep talking like nothing was wrong when she felt so weighted down now? She never wanted to be Queen and she knew he was right when he said there was so much good she could do as Queen but at the same time she was already able to do so much without having to give up who she was. She knew when the time came, and she took the throne, everything was going to change... and from her perspective, some of those changes were not going to be for the better at all. Three children ran by her and without a thought Sara reached out and grabbed the oldest boy, somewhere around fourteen summers, dressed like a devil who let out a yelp. Sara knew the boy by the way he ran, he had been born with a defect that had left his foot twisted, no one ever mentioned it because the boy had a personality that could outshine the sun if he wanted it to.

And just where are you running off to Henry McBride?

The boy removed his mask and grinned sheepishly at Sara. Then quickly with a blush on his own cheeks kissed her cheek.

I knew you wouldn't miss tonight Sarabella!

The boys he had been with stopped in their tracks and removed their own masks, they were the same age as Henry and their mouths were hanging open.

I'll be damned McBride you weren't lying!

Sara looked at Henry with a raised brow and he shrugged his shoulders.

I told them I knew a real princess, they told me I was lying.

Sara grinned a little and took to her feet.

Really? And why would they think you were lying? You aren't known for lying.

She looked at the boys with an impish gleam in her eyes.

Henry doesn't lie he does know a princess, but he won't know one in a few weeks. In a few weeks he will be able to make the claim that he is close friends with the Queen of Hallia.

The boys mouths dropped further and Sara felt Henrys hand go into hers. She looked up at him because he was a good head taller already at his age, and she saw a sadness in his eyes that mirrored her own.

Oh no Sarabella... so it is true... all of it.

Sara smiled her best smile and nodded her head.

It is Henry but don't be sad. Look at it this way, I can order you to Hallia anytime I wish and who would dare go against a Queen hmm? Now...

She went into the silver bag she carried with her and pulled a brown package from it.

... before you go off anywhere else tonight take this to your mother straight away. Tell her it's payment for the leggings she made for me the last time I was here, and tell her I'll not have her arguing with me about it either. If she wants to argue she can come to the palace and fight with me herself okay? Go on now Henry and I meant it Henry, I will be calling on you to come visit with me.

She kissed the boys cheek and sent him on his way then sat down beside Jackson again unaware of the tear that spilled down her cheek.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Abigale » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:13 am

Honey curls swayed with the laugh that filled the kitchen. Braxton Shadow was definitely like the rest of his male kin. She handed him a bowl full of ground up beef and pointed him in the direction of a counter where other ingredients were laid out.

There's always an extra wiggle in my walk anyway because I never know whose help I'm going to need and when I am going to need it. Always be prepared yes? Now seeing you've so graciously offered your help even without the wiggle, you can start on the meatballs, everything is right there. If you need help you let me know.

Abigale left him to the task and soon the kitchen was filled with the aromas of the meal that they were preparing for the hungry folks in the Great Hall. They barely spoke a word while they worked but stole glances at one another here and there and only really said anything when they were taste testing each others dishes. It was a calm, relaxed atmosphere and Abigale was glad for the help and the company. When they were through they carried out the plates full of bread, meatballs, pasta, the bowls of sauce and the red wine to complete the meal. As soon as everything was set out on the table Abigale brought Braxton to stand beside her and looked at the family watching them from where they sat.

Seems there hasn't been time for this until now so I'm just going to get this out of the way. This here is Braxton, Braxton Shadow. Aye he's kin. His brother and sister are Jackson and Harper Barrett, or I should say Jackson and Harper Shadow. I know how word travels around here so you've all probably heard there was another Shadow brother, his name is Mathias, he is brother to our King, to our Guardian and our Archmage. Jackson, Braxton and Harper are his children. Which makes him your cousin. Braxton these people are.... and try to remember this because I am not repeating it again... there are just too damn many of you.... here we go then. The big one you know, that's Hunter, then theres his wife Madeline, and the bump in her belly is the Bitty. Next to Hunter is his sister Corinthyalas, Queen of Firyon and that there is Coris husband Payne, the King of Firyon. Cori is Condrik and Raynes daughter and her and Payne have three children. The twins Astrid... she's sitting next to her mama with her husband Ash, and Ardis who isn't here right now... the dark haired one next to Ash is Valiant, Coris youngest and the elf next to him is Sophie....

Abigale took a breath and brushed back a curled tendril of hair.

Next we have Quin, Hunters twin and that pretty little thing next to him is Lauren. Next to Lauren we have Brendan and his girl Echo... where is Brayden? Never mind why am I asking... Brendan has a twin Brayden who is most likely in Iallia by now... then there are Robert and Cole and all of them from Hunter on down belong to Condrik and his late wife Ariela. Your other cousins, those of Connor and Shadow blood, our Princes and Princesses are obviously not here for very obvious reasons, and your cousins Emalina and Iliana who are not here belong to Aranor and Payten... by the way Payten is Paynes twin and a Princess of Firyon... and then there are the Deamons, but they aren't all here right now except for Ash, who is eldest boy to Stryder and Cryanda Jane, and I don't want to confuse you anymore than you probably already are. If I forgot anyone it serves you all right for breeding like mice. Now Braxton sit down, eat and enjoy your family.

Abigale made him sit and started moving around the table making sure everyone had what they needed then went back into the kitchens to start cleaning up so she wouldn't have to worry about double the mess when everyone was through.
User avatar
Abigale
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 am

I would announce it now but this is their time for celebration. I do not want to step in on their celebration they have been through a lot. Plus I kind of like having a little secret. Who says my celebrating has to be done at the Hall anyways?

He grinned when she patted his cheek and he kissed her. He brought her to the Hall to be with their family. He was one of the few that had known about Braxton coming with Mathias. Mathias had been the one Losa was able to reach and helped him back to health. He was a bit amused that after all these years Mathias ended up in Pallia. Two of his children had been amongst the elite without any of them knowing any better. It had been a long time since they had seen Mathias for whatever his reasons were for staying away.

I do think it is rather strange that those two were able to pull it off for so long. I am curious to how they did it. After all everyone is thoroughly checked out. So since you dragged me here what should we do now? This night has had a few surprises now hasn't it. So how long do we have to stay?


He was grinning while looking at her and gave her a bit of a boyish smile. He knew they would have to stay for a little while at least. After all it was his son that had got married.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:43 am

He did not argue with her while she was taking off his shirt. He was not going to say a damn thing against a shower with her. He actually needed one himself. He listened to her and almost had to laugh when she repeated his words, word for word.

Ardis you know some are going to be opposed to you being with me. Given my history one can not blame them. I know this all feels right, just like you said. I know my family probably will not have an issue with it, but things could get a little heated with some. We know how the family as a whole is about things. They are not going to keep quiet about it if they do object. I can understand where they are coming from though. I know what my reputation has been and I know the reasons for some of that distrust of me is well founded. But people change. It has not mattered how long we have been apart I know you are the one that I want to be with. The only one that I need to be with. I am not going to go running when I feel the same things you do. I love you Ardis.


He pulled her to get in the shower where he kissed her again. He knew that the road ahead was going to be interesting. After all the family had been through maybe just maybe there would not be too much fuss made about him and Ardis. But somehow he doubted it as he had got quite the reputation when it came to what happened with Kira. Not that he did not deserve some of the whispers about him but he also had proven himself time and time again for the family. He wondered if any of them could really look at him and believe that he had changed at all.
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 am

How'd they do it? Think about it. They used their mamas name, Jax doesn't look anything like a Shadow and Harper might have the hair and the eyes but she didn't walk around here with the attitude and neither one of them has gotten caught putting the moves on anyone like you Shadows tend to do.
The elf laughed while she reached over for a chunk of bread and her blue eyes scanned all the faces at the table. It had been such a long grueling night yet here they were, celebrating. Good always did come from bad just like Mama Mara had always taught her and if this was the kind of good that could come from bad she'd go through it all over again if she had to.
Ye need ta stop thinkin' with the wrong damn head thought Saint, least for now anyway. We'll not be runnin' off anytime soon, ye forget what it be like when ye brood all be together like this? Gotta ask though, iffin' ye be sure ye be wantin' ta keep this secret, ye remember what happened when them boys found out we were spendin' time in the sheets? That was one hell of time for damn sure.
Leaning back in her chair she kept looking around amazed at how the hall had been returned to its former glory and this made her eyes move to the archway where the stairs that led to the rooms above started. Somewhere in one of those rooms the red haired assassin she loved as her sister and the true king of Pallia that she loved like her brother were resting after one hell of an ordeal. Half a year from start to finish beginning in Truth and ending in Pallia... everything had nearly been destroyed but the proof that they were unbreakable was right there for all to see in the form of the family gathered in the great hall. The elf sighed and slipped her hand into Condriks.
I think tonight... we need to be under this roof Con, I think we all need to be under this roof.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 pm

He saw the sadness in her eyes and then saw the tear he reached up and wiped the tear and put his arm back around her pulling him close to her.

Hey now no tears I mean it was not so bad landing in my lap was it? Not much to cry over unless of course you find me hideous. I mean I know I am no prince but I would think I would not make a woman cry. You know as bad as you might not want to be Queen from the things you have said you are going to do great things for the people of Hallia I would wager on it too. Do not think about the bad that comes with being Queen but the good.

His hand rubbed her back gently. He then got an idea and sensing that she might be a bit tense he stood and went behind the bench and started to rub her shoulders. He knew that it had to be stressful on her and he leaned in and kissed her cheek.

It is going to turn out okay you will see. So it may not be what you envisioned for yourself but nothing is to say you can not use your position to be able to do the hings you want to.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:07 pm

And if there are some who open their mouths, which you are right there most likely will be why should I care? Why should you care? Why should we care Phillip? None of us are perfect and we have all made our mistakes, we have all at one time or another acted in ways that we are not proud of. You made your mistakes but you have busted your ass to right your wrongs, you learned from those mistakes and anyone with a lick of sense in their brains and eyes in their heads can see that. Hell Phillip look at where you and Kira stand now. Anyone can see that the two of you see each other completely differently than you did before, and you treat each other differently too. She's forgiven you and gotten passed what happened, and really her thoughts are the only thoughts that should matter if you really want to get down to it.
The warm water running down her back helped to ease the soreness in her shoulders and made her feel lazy, it was a good kind of lazy, the kind someone would feel laying out under the warmth of the sun.
You've heard me say more than once tonight that I am tired of all the secrets. I'll not keep you like you are some dirty secret that I should be ashamed of Phillip. You need to know something...
Ardis circled his neck with her arms and made sure he understood what she was saying, she locked her eyes on his and looked at him in such a way that there was no way he could not realize just how serious she was.
Revealing Darrens true identity served more than one purpose Phillip. Call it my... ammunition. You see I gave this alot of thought and I knew before I even said anything to you that I loved you and I also knew that by loving you there could be some problems with our families.... more so mine than yours and now that the whole of my family knows who Darren truly is... it will never be an issue for me to throw that fact in their faces, or the very real truth that each time Darren was called to war, or to aid our allies, or even to aid Pallia... it was my life at risk. Let anyone speak one wrong word to me about you and I will remind them exactly just what I have done for them all. I love you and we deserve a chance with each other just like they've all been given their chances. I am so not opposed to resorting to guilt trips if it gets them to fall in line.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm fine. Thank you for your concern though.

Sarabella moved away from him, the more she thought about what was to come the more numb she was beginning to feel. How could she think for even one second that she could go even a night without having to be reminded of what was going to happen, how she was going to get thrown into a life that she never envisioned for herself? It was all right being a Princess, but to be a Queen? That was more than Sara ever wanted.

I should get Nala home, I promised Peter she would be in before dawn... last year we got a little carried away and he was not pleased when she was brought home with the sun rising in the sky.... Nala!... Nala honey say your goodbyes we have to start heading for home now.

Home in Iallia for Peter, his wife Joanne and Nala was the house that Joanne had grown up in. Peter met his wife on one of his visits with Sara to Iallia and from that time on, the rest was history as one would say. It was plain to see that her niece was exhausted by the time Nala had said good bye to the witch and the monster who had promised if she did not go to sleep like a good girl that he would sneak in and eat her toes. Nalas tired laugh made Sara smile and she scooped the girl up in her arms.

Rest your head baby, you'll be tucked in your nice warm bed soon enough.

Sara looked up at Jackson and whispered quietly while they walked.

The house isn't far... and about before... I didn't mean to seem so cold Jackson, I know you were just trying to help... how did you know what was bothering me? I've never told anyone...
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users