by Kira Connor » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:28 am
The last sound Kira Connor made was not words but a cry, more like a yelp, and the last sound to reach her ears was the sound of her neck snapping in the hands of the vampire that claimed to be her sister, that claimed to be Jonathans sister. Jonathan only had would ever have only one sister and Lindsey was not it. So it is true she thought, breaking someones neck is the fastest way to kill them. This is what she was thinking while she watched from above everything happening, it was almost amusing to her seeing her cousins running the way they were... hell Aidan was fast and damn could Cori scream, it was even more funny seeing Carter nearly running Cori down trying to get out of the room where they had all been held captive. What was not funny was seeing Krystyna in all her demon glory, Krys really did take after her father in that area. It was while she was watching her family that she felt herself being pulled backwards like someone had taken a rope, tied it around her waist and was forcing her to move. She found herself immersed in darkness and then just as suddenly as she had been pulled back she was sitting on a tree stump near a creek that she knew from a life she had once lived. A warm breeze blew through her hair making it dance behind her.
I thought you gave up trying to get yourself killed Scarlett...
The deep warm voice reached out to her wrapping her in its richness at the same time that arms, strong arms that she used to lay in at night, that would circle around her while she took clothes down from a line or when she was standing at the stove, circled around her again. Arms that she thought she would never feel again held her tenderly. Tears were not shed often in Kiras world but she was no longer in her world and they formed in her eyes spilling silently. She brought one arm up to settle on the arms around her. Swallowing the lump that formed in her throat she knew then without doubt that she was dead and in some ways she was glad for it. Her life had not been an easy one, some of the hardships she had survived were of her own making but some were created for her by the acts of others, who was to blame didn't really matter, she was finally going to find peace.
I wasn't trying to get myself killed... this time.
Those arms pulled her up from the tree stump and to her feet then turned her around. For the first time in so many years gone by Kira was looking into the face of the man she had called husband, the man who had been the father of her child. Brady was looking at her the same way he would when he caught her practicing with her daggers and he would tell her if she needed to return to the Elite that they could build a life there just as easily as they had built their life in Bristol. And she would tell him that she had no life in Pallia and did not need to go back... that she had all she needed, and then he would fold her up in his arms and look at her like he knew her better than she knew herself and then he would say exactly what he saying now.
Well.. I don't know if I can believe you love... you are a trained liar after all... but I suppose I can believe you just this once...
She looked into his face and saw every reason she ever loved him, why she had mourned so hard and why she had gone on her death quest after she lost him.
Brady Jesik is this the part where I fall on my knees and thank the gods you believe me... just this once?
His answer was to claim her mouth with his own for a kiss that shook her to the core of her being and when he moved away from her she suddenly felt cold.
No Kira Jade Jesik this is the part where I make you stop and realize that there is a world out there waiting for you... that you have to take that world by the balls and don't let anything stop you from living... you have to know Kira... it's all right. I know how you loved me when we were in the world as one, and I know how you love me still but you have to know it is all right to love again... to live again. I have watched you everyday since the night death parted us and you do not know how many times I wanted to be able to reach out, to keep you from hurting yourself the way you were. Oh and just so you know and understand... if I had been able to... the world would be without quite a few men... especially that Ryder boy... Kira what were you thinking with that one? Wait... don't say a word I am not done finished with you yet do you understand me?
Wide eyed Kira could only nod her head, when he talked like that she knew she had been put in her place and she was to stay there until she was told she could move.
I don't ever want to look in on you and find that you have lost your mind again. If I could I would thank that Lockheart that you seem so fond of now. It's a good thing Kira, I think he is good for you and I'm telling you it's all right. I see how you look at him sometimes and I know it won't be long before he stand where I once stood, please Scarlett do not make me keep repeating myself and stop trying to interrupt. I mean it when I say it's all right. You will be all right. It won't be easy and Kira there will be some changes that you are going to have to adjust to until everything becomes right again... but in the end you will be okay. Do you understand what I am telling you Kira... it is not your time.... you have so much life left to live and you have too much love to give. I know I will always be in your heart love, and you are always in the world I have created here for myself so do not cry over me anymore Kira, do not let me be the reason you are afraid to do anything more than what you have allowed yourself to do so far... you are better than that and deserve better. Now...
Brady covered her eyes with his hand, she felt his warm breath against her skin.
Live Kira. Laugh Kira. More than anything love Kira.
Kira woke with a gasp, she could not feel anything from the waist down and could only feel small sharp tingling little pains like one would feel when their foot fell asleep. She looked around her and knew she was home, in Pallia and then she saw the bright blue eyes looking down at her trying not to show worry or fear, she heard the teasing tone in the voice that spoke to her. Wetting her lips Kira swallowed hard, a stern look came over the features of her face and she whispered hoarsely.
Who the hell... survives a broken neck?... The gods must love you if they want to keep me here Lockheart... it's going to be all right Errol.