Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Payten..

Payne knew he was in some shit with this sister, there was no way around it but what he had to tell her might actually buy him a reprieve. What he wasn't expecting was his sister stalking the hunters that were walking down the hall with murder in her eyes.

Not now Payne.

Payten had left Emalina sleeping in her cradle she wasn't going far at all, she just went to the suite of rooms right across the hall to make sure the nursery was finished, guards were in place outside the door where the baby slept. She just came out of the nursery in time to hear the hunters conversation and what she heard should have scared the hell out of her but all it did was piss her off, being scared would come later. She came up behind the one hunter and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and started to bow to her but instead found himself clutching his throat and looking up at her from his knees. Payten had punched him in the throat. Payten wasn't like everyone else she didn't know shit about weapons and war but all her time spent working at the Inn taught Payten how to fight. Calmly she looked at the other hunter.

How many white wolves have any of you ever seen on these lands before I arrived? None. If you ever see a white wolf, you don't shoot at it you do not hunt it and you certainly do not make a trophy of it! If one hair is out of place on Bright Eyes I will have your damn heads BOTH of your heads do you understand me!?

She didn't say another word to them, she just glared at her brother.

I'll deal with you later you damn traitor.

Payten went back into the suite of rooms that were meant for her and Aranor cutting through to Aranors part of the suite. Sure enough there he was arguing with his brother over Losas care. Losa won that argument she knew he would, just the fact that Aranor argued with him about removing the arrow made her want to slap him in the back of the head. Shaking her head she went to him and dropped down on her knees in front of him and laid her head down on his leg.

You idiot, don't you ever argue with anyone when they are trying to help you. You can kiss my elven ass Aranor when it comes to something like your health I don't give one rats ass about your opinion. You don't get a say in this.

She looked up at him.

No one is trying to kill you Aranor, you might not believe me right now but don't you know you idiot I'd die without you? I'm sorry I didn't mean to talk at you Aranor, I wanted to talk with you I just had so much thrown at me at one time and I went about it all wrong. You're alright aren't you? Nothings going to jump out of blue and throw you into a coma or anything is it? I swear to god I'm going to make Payne declare white wolf hunting of any kind is an act punishable by death.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:38 pm

He had watched his brother leave and ran his fingers through her hair. As he talked to her.

Nah nothing should pop out of the blue and put me into a coma. Just hurts a little. How about no wolf hunting at all could you see if it was Losa that was shot Kiara would have been on a rampage. The wound won't kill me Payten nor will it put me in a coma or anything else. But you know what is killing me inside is all this fighting with you. We both have had a lot going on and we just need to both look at things and talk about them. I know you do not like all that has been thrown on me about the responsibilities I have taken on to try and help things in Pallia but don't you know there is not a moment that you are not with me. I know it has been hard on both of us that is why I am saying I do not want to commit that much time anywhere as far as where our time is going to be spent. Because in neither place do we get time that is just for ourselves and our daughter. I would like to also show you Nim Ostas if it still stands that is or where it was at least. It used to be the house of my and it was the house of the Wingriders before she gave it to me to run. Yes the wife of Silvan, Rayne's brother. She is one of Dusty's called Sisters. I just do not know what we are going to do.

He knew she was worried about him and he continued to play with her hair and looking down at her. He was pissed he had got shot but how could he be mad when she was now with him for at least the moment.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Well, about Ori. I don't really know how to explain it pal. Kiara, Losa and Aranor could tell you better. From what Kiara said, she sorta kinda went a little demon herself. I mean we're talking raging storms, lightning, black eyes the whole nine yards. Turns out the price Ori paid when she was young and made that double of her from her own essence was more than what she was letting on. You've heard the story about Oris test right? How she was taken over by a demon? Guess when that happened after she vanquished the demon, the part of her that was missing, was filled by the essence of the demon that had inhabited her. Seems when she gets pushed too far she goes a little demon. Yeah I know it's not just creepy it's down right scary. Funny thing is Kiara said she hasn't done that much at all, maybe a whole three times this last time included. Know what set her off? You did. Or I should say, when Sarot, that's the demon that attacked you, went after you , she just imploded exploded whatever you want to call it. Pal she blew Sarots mother to nothing but ash when she came here. She would have taken care of Sarot herself but at the time Kiara and Losa wanted to get answers from him. You're really going to have to talk to Kiara and Losa about Ori pal, I'm only giving a second hand account here.

Ari really didn't want to tell him about Oriana, not with him still recovering but he asked and she couldn't lie to him or make him wait. She knew how close Con and Ori were and if she were that close to the mage she'd want to know too. Trying to keep the conversation from getting dark she was careful when she kissed him and curled up closer to him.

Cori will be home soon enough, as soon as Quinn or anyone for that matter gives you the all clear we'll get Cori home. There's something else you should know pal. When I couldn't be here Rayne stayed with you the whole time, yanno you might think the worst of her but she still does care about you pal and truth is I'm glad she was here when I couldn't be, she knew it was important I was with Cori and she knew you needed someone here with you. As for me, I'm home now and here with you so now I'm perfectly fine.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:58 pm

I don't want to fight with you either yanno. This morning I was hell bend on sending you away, I was going to tell you all sorts of crazy bullshit to make you leave Aranor. Do you know why? Because I found out that I'm not as human as I thought, and the idea of having to live for centuries after you were gone, I couldn't face that. What I found out about myself and Payne last night gods Aranor it changes so much. You feel like you don't me darlin' well would it make you feel any better if I told you that you aren't alone? I don't even know who I am anymore. I mean I know I'm Payten but there is so much more to me that I don't know.

Not caring that Losa was still there Payten told Aranor everything that Payne had discovered. It still felt so surreal that she and Payne had spent all those years together but neither of them could remember any of it. Those memories were so important and they needed to be rediscovered. They were going to have to come up with a compromise that worked for them both because unlike before, this time Payten was not willing to walk away from Firyon. She didn't want to walk away from Pallia either.

We'll get to Nim Ostas Aranor I swear but I need some time darlin' I have to find out who I am before I can deal with anything else. I'd like to be able to do all that finding with you and Ema it's important Aranor. How can I go on living any kind of life at all without knowing who I really am? Cade made it very clear to me that you and your brothers don't know who you are, if you had the chance to find out everything about yourself wouldn't you take it? I'd do everything I could to make sure you took that chance, I would hope you would do the same for me even if it meant having to spend some time apart. Don't you know I would always come home to you in the end?
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 pm

He smiled at her and stayed curled up with her.


I know Rayne was here I could hear her. I know she does care but there are so many issues there. I need to find out about if Ori is ok. Well guess she is not a witch after all we had her grouped in the wrong family. But seriously I need you to find out if she is ok for me. Once Quinn is back I am sure he will let me go home with you. Everyone knows the general can take charge.


He smiled at her even in sleep he had missed her.


Well least someone killed the demon any word on Aunt Dust or if they know anymore about Toras? Must be a damn family thing about elves and chicken
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Most of our hope for finding out who we are died with Dakota. I am not saying you do not need to know Payten and yes I would have a problem about us being separated from our family. It is not right to have one of us one place and the other another. Just does not make sense to me. I am not asking you not to find out I have even told you I would like to be with you and learn yours and emas history with you. It is important to me to know my wife and daughters history just like it is important for you to know your history. But why does it mean we have to leave our home for 6 months? I mean we planned on doing this and that and talked about it. Your past does need to be unlocked but does not make you who you are to me. It does not change our lives to an earth shattering thing. Do you know not one family member has died of natural causes in my family that I know of. None of us know what is on the sides of the family. Ma, Aunt Dust and Melinda only found each other later on in life. They had all been adopted by other people.


He looked at her.

Maybe things are best talked about when we both can see things a little more clearly I am still tired myself did not sleep too well until I went to wolf form. You also made it sound like you are going to keep our child here she belongs with both of us Payten. As I said some rest might do good
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:26 pm

You should rest if you need to. I'm not going to be able to sleep now, there's too much running through my head right now. We can talk about this later I guess. I'll say this though, maybe six months is too much to ask from you, so you just think about what's good for you and get back to me on it. I'll rearrange my entire life to suit your needs if I have to, why not I've been doing it the whole time I was pregnant, should be a hell of alot easier to do it now that I'm not. Right now I am thinking clearly though. I'm thinking I have a brother and entire history here that is just as important as the family and history we have in Pallia and they are both important. Oh before you go to sleep Aranor, I've asked Cade to be Emas godmother, traditionally here in Firyon the mother picks both godparents but I thought it would be alright with you if I just chose the godmother and you chose the godfather. Of course if that is not acceptable to you I can tell Cade that I was wrong and the decision is up to you. May I take your daughter out of the room while you sleep?

Hell she was getting a headache again. Getting to her feet she looked at Losa.

Thank you for helping Aranor Majesty. If you'll excuse me I do need to speak with my brother about making wolf hunting illegal, of course that could pose a problem as well considering there are wolves that prowl in the woods that aren't part of our family. I'm sure he'll be able to figure something out though that will work for the family and keep travelers in our woods safe as well. When you have the time I would like to talk to you Majesty.

The more she tried to actually talk to Aranor the more she felt like she was being attacked on some level. Why was it every time she started to see some glimmer of hope somewhere that they might be getting somewhere he had to get on his high horse? Standing there silently she waited to be told whether or not she had permission to take her own child with her when she went to talk to her brother.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:31 pm

I have no idea about anyone else pal, I came right here when I got home. Guess we're just going to have to wait for someone to come in and tell us whats going on with everyone huh? Not that it's a bad thing really. I'll hunt Ori down in a little while.

They were going to have to really talk about Rayne at some point, he was right there were some issues there but maybe now that the demons were gone he would be a little more calm and a lot less mean about the whole thing. So far Rayne had done everything they asked of her and she even went a step further taking care of Con when Ari wasn't able to. That alone made Ari grateful to the elf. She hoped that maybe in time Con and Rayne could start to be friends if for no other reason than for Cori.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:14 pm

There is not a thing that I did that I did not talk to you about first. You knew I was going to have duties once I got trained by Oriana. I am not the one trying to change things Payten you are. We agreed that Pallia was going to be home and we would visit here a few months. Your brother is here what about your family in Pallia just because they are not blood are they less important to you now that you have Payne. I am not the one talking about splitting up our family at all you are. You want to know what would work for me is for you to stop trying to change the things that we agreed upon together. Now this is getting ridiculous I was joking about no wolf hunting damn it.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Snap at me one more time Aranor Shadow or talk to me in that tone when I haven't taken a tone with you at all since I've walked in this room and you aren't going to have to worry about hunters. Do you listen at all when I talk with you? Maybe I should just keep talking at you instead of with you, you sure hear what I say a hell of a lot better that way. And I quote "I'm thinking I have a brother and entire history here that is just as important as the family and history we have in Pallia and they are both important." Did you miss that last line before when I said that Firyon and Pallia were BOTH important? You're only hearing what you want to hear again and taking everything I say entirely the wrong way no matter how I try and explain it to you. Once again you see only what you want to see and here I am telling you I will rearrange everything to make you happy and still be able to get what I need in the process and that's not enough. As far as the hunters I wasn't kidding. Payne needs to find a solution to this problem that will keep this family safe and keep the travelers safe at the same time. It's not ridiculous at all. What if three years from now when Ema is old enough and she taps into that part of herself and we're here? What if she's running in the woods and some hunter shoots at her and kills her? Or what about Aidan and Cori or Kiara and Losas twins or both sets of Con and Aris twins? What about all the little ones that will be able to change like their fathers? Or are they never going to be allowed to come to Firyon so it's nothing that needs to be worried about? You said a few months Aranor, that we could stay here a few months. Define a few. Two three four? And do you mean now or is it a few months out of each year? What if I want to come visit out of the blue or does it all have to be scheduled around what pleases you? I'm not being snotty I'm asking truthfully because I'd like to know when it is and isn't alright for me to visit my birthplace, the place I lived in until I was fourteen, the place I can't remember for the life of me because my memories were taken from me, the place I would like to try and reconnect with as much as I can without offending you and your needs.

Payten really wasn't trying to start another fight or keep the one they seemed to be having going, it was too much to process in such a short time maybe it was better for them both if she just gave him some space.

Ema is going to go with me to see her Osi’Tan, that would be Payne her Uncle and her U’Osi that would be my Pa her Grandfather. It's time I started using my native language too so if I slip into elven and don't explain just remind me. Quel esta...rest well Aranor. Amin mela lle, if I have to tell you what that one means we're really in some trouble.

With Ema in her arms Payten left the suite, her brother was waiting for her in the hall with a sheepish grin on his face. She slapped him in the back of the head.

Asshole. Ya just had to do it didn't ya Payne? Hope ya know that probably didn't help a damn thing runnin' your mouth like that. I know ya were just trying to help Payne but you just don't understand these people. Except for Kiara and Losa and Ari they always have to be right and do you have any idea what it's like to get them to really understand an opinion or point other than their own? Don't waste your breath toror'. Now come on, we've got a hell of a lot to talk about don't we?

Hand in hand Payne and Payten walked the long hall to his study.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 am

No it is not such a bad thing princess. We all have had things to deal with. Wish I could have gone with them to see Emalina. I do want to make sure Ori is ok especially after what you said was told to you. I do remember her saying something about coming back but all that was said when I was asleep is kind of fuzzy except Rayne did say I could bitch at her or something like that. So see all is good

He laughed and winked at her.

i know I know i got to be nicer but don't think that elf would know what to do with herself if I was actually nice to her. So got a demon for a sister huh nice. Well least we know who can play with them. You know knew there was trouble when the damn thing said about elves and chicken. Swear it must come from something on Toras's side of the family. I mean look at his son. I know SJ likes to mention it to tease Cori though might have to have him lighten up some given what happened
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 am

Don't say that pal, Ori isn't a demon she just carries a piece of demon essence in her that's all, you want her to hear you and show you just how demon like she can be? Kiara said it was a well guarded secret that even she and Rayne didn't know about til now. Hell the only ones who knew about it were Ori and Kain. Not even Mara knew. Course with what happened everyone knows now, I mean Ori had to explain how she turned like that and all. I don't think Oris gonna be coming back for a little while, she went to Astrail yanno and Kains there, he probably took one look at her and has her all sorts of bound to keep her from coming back here for a bit. I tell you what, that man doesn't say much about his feelings at all but as soon as someone mentions Ori he gets this shit eating grin on his face and his eyes turn almost as bright as Aranors when someone mentions Payten. Ori needs him to live as much as he needs her so yeah it's good shes home right now.

When he mentioned SJ she tried not to give any real reaction, she couldn't help but snort though and there was a scowl on her face.

SJ says on thing to Cori about elves and chicken and I will nail his tongue to a wall. We can talk about him later, though as soon as I don't want to shoot him in the head. Don't ask either I'll not have you getting all upset you hear me?
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:37 am

He smiled listening to her staying curled up against his wife. He grinned at her.

I know I should not tease about it, just really hope she is ok. Would not want anything to happen to her cause of me. Come on Ari you know SJ just likes to be teasing Cori. So what happened princess. Keeping it from me is going to do no good either.


He smiled at her he could tell somethig had struck a nerve now he started to wonder what happened between Ari and SJ. He smiled at her and started tok play with her hair.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:46 am

I'll still nail his tongue to a tree pal. You have no idea what it took to get that little girl to settle down. And just what makes you think I'd keep anything from you huh? I just didn't want to tell you right now that's all but if you insist.

Turning on her back throwing on leg over the other Ari reached up over her head playing with his hair like he was so fond of playing with hers.

When SJ came to Astrail Cori was in one of her sneaky moods trying to find a way to get to talk to Gabriel some more. Without even asking anyone he just started in on me about how you wouldn't be too happy with her spending so much time with him. Hello? I'm sorry pal I wanted to deck him. The way he said it was like I just let her run wild and do whatever she wanted with the man not giving a hoot about your feelings when most of my days were spent keeping her away from Gabriel. I'm not stupid yanno, there was no way I was going to disrespect you like that but he didn't blink an eye before he started running his mouth. So he's just annoyed the hell out me a little it's nothing pal really. But he does need to know his place, I know he's this great protector of the family but yanno what? We went through hell and we've got a good number of years under our belts without him being around. We've always taken care of each other and our family, I didn't need that from him and it was uncalled for too.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 am

No nailing anything to a tree or anything else love. I am sure Cori was upset and SJ would never purposely do anything to hurt any of the children. I will talk to him about what happened there he is right I would not be happy about it. And I can not believe Cori would disrespect me by seeking him out. You know I know she was concerned but still she should have been respecting what she knew I would want hell something has to get through to that kid eventually. I mean no saying what could happen or anything.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:17 am

No shit pal really? You'd be upset? Why the hell do you think everyone made a concentrated effort to get her to understand what the hell we were getting at? My point was I don't care who SJ is he's not her mother or her father and he had no right to say anything to me or to her without knowing the situation. In other words he needs to butt the hell out. I think I said that simply enough. I swear to christ if we are going to start going back to making excuses for the way some of these baboons act around here like they own everyone I'm going to start knocking people off one by one.

Ari didn't get say much more, literally out of thin air not only did their daughter end up on the bed with them but so did all four of their sons, two of which were being held by Cori, the other two were being held by Aidan. Their sudden appearance caught her so off guard she couldn't even talk, Cori being Cori managed to talk for her.

Hi Ma! Hi Da! Aunt Ori and Grandmama Mara sent us home, they said it was time and better for us to be here now. I don't know why but I tell ya they were all acting weird. Aunt Ori even sent Justin and Tristan back here, Uncle Jacob has them with Riley. Aunt Ori said we couldn't go back no matter what until she came for us herself. Don't really know whats happening over there but Da she looked kinda spooky and she kept saying we had to hurry. I dunno you grown folk sure are goofy sometimes. Mama did you tattle on me about wanting to talk to Gabriel? I really did behave more than I didn't yanno.

Cori handed her brothers off to her mother and nearly knocked Ari off the bed to get to her father. The girl curled up next to her father and put her arm over his neck.

Mama said you were going to be alright, Aunt Ori said you were too but I was still scared Da. I'm sorry I came back when I wasn't supposed to. I didn't know there was a demon there that was going to try and eat me. You were so brave Da, Grandmama Mara says your a very good father and I should remember how lucky I am. I know we fight alot Da but I love you yanno.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:09 am

Light pass through these surroundings. Covered in transparent white, light cover all within these surroundings, blind to the naked eye see only what needs to be seen. Shelter and shield, protect and hide keeping safe all inside.

Orianas words whispered through Kiaras mind, she was sitting in the council room just to get a little quiet time to think, the mages whisper became a boom bouncing off the walls of the warded room and echoing through the Hall. The walls of the Hall shook like the earth itself was splitting open. What the hell was going on? Sprinting out of the room to the nearest window Kiara rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. In the open field outside the walled gates of the Hall Kiara saw Oriana, Kain, Mara, Griffon, Gabriel and Cole all surrounding a man she had never seen before. Right before her eyes she bore witness to the man lunging at the mage, and saw the mages parents and brother step in front of her shielding her from the attack. What she saw was real and she called for the Elite while she raced down to the front doors below. When she tried to open the doors she found she was unable to. The Elite scattered all trying to find some way to exit the hall when Kiara told them that Lady Oriana was being attacked. No matter how they tried none could find a way out. To make it worse the windows of the hall sealed up as if someone had laid brick over the glass. She could hear everything, every roll of thunder, every crash of lighting, every bit of forest that burned, she stood frozen to the floor of the hall until she heard her children crying from the rooms above. That broke her from her stunned state of mind making her tear up to her childrens room. Bennett was in his sisters bed and the twins were sitting with their hands over their ears screaming. Gathering her son and her daughter a new panic hit the assassin.

Kryssy where's Aid?

The little girl started screaming louder, oh gods if something happened to her baby... she shook her daughter nearly screaming.

Krystyna! Where is Aidan?! Where's your brother!

Shocked that her mother was yelling at her the little girl stopped and in between hiccups told her mother more than Kiara ever wanted to know.

Aunt Ori sent Aid home with Cori and the boys and Riley mama isn't he here? Bad man came to Astrail and started to beat up on Aunt Ori said he was coming for the killers. Aunt Ori made us all come here. She told us not to be scared that the bad man was just playing a game. Part of the game is we can't go outside til she says its okay Mama, she said we could try but she won't let us until it's our turn to play.

A game? Yes Aunt Ori is good at games but why were you and Lexi screaming then?

Her daughter looked at her so seriously that if she wasn't scared half out of her mind Kiara might have laughed.

Aunt Ori said we had to scream, part of the game, to see how fast we could make you run Mama.

Kiara was going to kill Oriana when she got her hands on her, being trapped in the Hall of Shadows not knowing what they were fighting outside, and making her daughters scare the hell out of her was enough games for Kiara.

What about Uncle Cole?

Lexi chimed in this time.

He told Aunt Ori to go to hell he wasn't leaving her.

From outside Kiara could hear Kain bellowing Orianas name, she heard a loud boom. What she heard was Oriana in the middle of a battle for her very life sending Kain, their sons and Gabriel to the lands of Orianas mother Mara, lands where Mara was known as Baroness a title and lands inherited from Maras first husband Ian Brightblade. Not many knew of Maras first husband who had died during a time of war, or that Mara had married into what was considered high society, even royalty to a point. That was neither here nor there at that moment. Kiara was caught like a rat in a cage all she could do was pace. She had no idea how much went by all she knew is when the windows finally opened up she told her children to stay in the room and she ran downstairs again. There in the middle of the Great Hall was Oriana surrounded by bodies. The mage was on her knees her dark hair was wet with sweat and hung in damp curls, Kiara could see the lines like the roots of trees on the mages hands. Kiara fell to her own knees. Those bodies two she knew the other was so damaged she couldn't recognize it but she knew and her heart went into her throat. She called to Oriana her voice a whisper. When Oriana looked up at her Kiara could have fainted. Orianas skin was so white it was almost transparent, her face was cut and bleeding, her violet eyes were so red they were almost black and the mage cried tears of blood.

I'm sorry Kiara, I tried to get him to listen to get him to come back with the children.

Shaking the assassin crawled to the mage. Laying around her were the bodies of Mara and Griffon Shadowbain and Cole. Oriana watched her parents die and she was telling Kiara she was sorry because Cole... Cole?! The assassin grabbed the mage shaking her like she had shook her daughter.

What happened!? Ori who did this?!

Shaking her head Oriana looked at Kiara with such anguish.

I don't know who, what it was. I've never gone up anything like this before. He came to Astrail, I mad it a game for the children so they wouldn't be scared. He said he was coming here. I had to hide the Hall, the whole thing with all of you inside so he wouldn't find any of you. My Mama and Papa wouldn't leave me. Kain, Gabriel and Cole wouldn't leave me. I didn't have enough in me to send them all to Ellington and fight that thing too. I tried Kiara I tried I'm so sorry. Look at what that thing did to my mother, to my papa and Cole. I'm so sorry Kiara.

Oriana looking more inhuman than human cried her river of blood and fell against the assassin. Kiara couldn't find her voice she didn't know what to do. She needed Losa, needed anyone to help her, she fell into Oriana like Oriana had fallen into her. Silent tears rolled down her cheeks while the blood of her sisters tears stained her clothes and the two women clung to each other in quiet surreal grief until Oriana pushed away from Kiara and stood up.

There are children here, they can't see them like this. They can't see my mother they wouldn't even know it was her and I can't tell... Jade...

Oriana hit the ground hard and Kiara started bellowing for someone to come help her, she started screaming for Cole when she realized that Cole, the last of the original Connor clan was gone. Dead like all his brothers before him, like both his mothers and both his fathers. Cole, her reason for calm, the last link to Alec and the others, the only one of the Council left, her brother, her husbands brother. Still on her knees Kiara let out a scream of anger that shook the very rafters of the Hall. When she could scream no more she stood to her full height and numbly gave her orders. Condrik was to be moved to the quarters he shared in the Hall with Ariela, all the children were to be put in the same room and guarded like were the last living beings on the planet. Oriana was to be put in her tower with guards inside the tower and out, every available healer was to tend to her. The bodies of Mara and Griffon Shadowbain and Lord Cole Sterling were to be washed and dressed, every available mage would do everything within their power to restore Mara Shadowbains body and face to its former beauty so that when her daughter came to look upon her she would see her mother and not the broken beaten woman. The bodies of their dead were to be perfectly preserved by whatever means necessary until they could be given proper funeral rites. Which meant that the bodies of the Shadowbains would lay in state until Oriana was well enough to tend to them or until Kain found his way back from Ellington. The great hall was to be cleaned from top to bottom leaving behind no traces of blood anywhere. When her orders were given Kiara sat down on her throne, her throne, the idea was laughable. She sat down waiting for her husband to come home or for anyone in their family to realize what had happened in such a short amount of time. In but a few sparse minutes Orianas entire family was almost wiped out and the last of Hugh and Lilys Connors children joined with the rest of her great family in the heavens.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52 am

I know you do Cori and I know you would never purposely do anything to put anyone in danger

I can not stay put Ari, you know that. I need to go get Losa Kiara needs him. We need to get everyone back here.

He stood a bit unsteady and held onto the side of the bed. He looked at Ari. He shook his head.

I will be back Princess, should not be a problem.

He started to leave and headed into the shadows before anyone could argue with him. By the time he got to Firyon he could barely stand,

He found Payne and Payten first as the servant insisted on it. He was still shaken a bit.

Need to get the family back to the hall, something major is going on. I need to get them back there we are going to need all the healers. Oriana is in bad shape from what I have been told. Also Losa needs to be told that Cole how the hell do I tell them that...


He smiled slightly at Payten seeing the little girl in her arms.

She is beautiful like I knew she would be wait til Cori sees her she is going to be excited. Sorry I could not come before still should not be here but never heard Kiara like that cept when she thought Losa was gone. I know you planned on staying here once the baby was born for some time but we are probably going to need Aranor as well if you can spare him
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Dalton D » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:02 am

He had flipped when his sister had not returned it was his only family left. When he tried to talk to Toras about it he was distant about it. Saying he did not understand why his wife and son went to play with the mortals but that he was not going to do anything about it at the time. He just wanted to grab him and shake him what the hell was wrong with the man? Fine if he was not going to do anything about it he was. He was stronger than Toras anyways with his lineage he was a part of one of the stronger families of demons anyways. He tried telling Toras that his son and wife had been killed but Toras would not hear of it saying they would be back. He would not believe him so he left him with the only though that if something did happen to them the ones responsible would be in Pallia and Astrail. He went after the bitch mage and all himself. He was not going to be stopped so easily he had killed 3 while there the fourth the damn mage survived he needed to reenergize himself. Being a demon like he was he was centuries old sure he had heard of the shadowbains and had avoided them until the day that Oriana Shadowbain had killed his sister and his nephew was killed at the hands of another the King of Pallia Losa Shadow who would be the next to die. If he could not get him right off he would go for the man's heart and soul. He would go for the assassin known as Kiara Shadow if Losa was too coward to take him own. He would not only take out Losa but the whole damn family. He did not realize what his biggest adversary was going to actually be.
User avatar
Dalton D
Stablehand
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:24 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Ariela Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 am

Condrik Shadow you get your ass back here before..

It was pointless, the man was too damn stubborn for his own good as was in the shadows before she could stop him. He was right he couldn't stand around and do nothing and neither could she. Whatever was going on down below, the first thing she needed to do was get her children safe, whatever it was it was big because Justin and Tristan were gone. She was going down with Cori, Aidan and the boys while guards were coming up the stairs carrying Oriana. At least one of them had enough sense to cover her, Ari questioned him with her eyes and he shook his head answering that silent question that the mage wasn't dead. She was told all the children were to be in the same room and that Elite would be stationed in and outside of the room, that the same order was given for Lady Oriana and Mistress Kiara was down in the Great Hall. After getting the children settled in Ari took off for the great hall, on her way she the bodies of Griffon Shadowbain and another then one that made her knees buckle. She stopped the men carrying Cole. Leaning down she looked at his face and started shaking her head in denial. It could have been anyone else and she would have believed what she was seeing but not Cole. She wanted to scream and yell and turn into one of those women overcome with grief that went into hysterics but something inside her would not let her. That something was the dignity she knew Alec had expected from her when he died, Cole deserved to be grieved over with the same dignity. Taking a breath to calm herself she followed the men and told them she would be tending to the washing of his body just as she did with her brother. She did cry but her tears fell like a gentle rain instead of a raging storm, she would find Kiara eventually but it was important to her that she see to the proper rites for Cole herself. When she was through and Cole was dressed in the attire of the Elite she made sure his chain that Losa and Condrik had given him was hanging from the outside of the black shirt and rested on his chest. Folding his hands together she put the dress dagger of the Elite between them, ran a hand over his hair and kissed his mouth telling him how much she loved him and had been honored to call him her brother. She told him she would watch over Jacob and that he needed to tell Alec she loved him for her now that they were together again. Wiping the tears from her face Ariela went down to the great hall and found Kiara sitting alone. Without so much as a word Ariela deposited herself on Losas throne, reached over and took Kiaras hand. Upstairs she could hear a very loud very pissed off elf threatening to cut someones manhood off if they didn't leave her to be to tend to her adopted parents. Raynalia was on a rampage, Ari thought to go and try and calm her but Kiara stopped her telling her that Oriana was in no condition to take care of Mara and Griffon, so the right belonged to Rayne, let her rant it was her way to get out her own grief without actually killing anyone. Nodding Ari just sat there with Kiaras hand in hers, watching while the great hall was cleaned of any sign that one of the their own was gone and another suffered the loss of her parents who had died defending not only the daughter but the family that had called her one of their own.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Payten » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 am

Take Lord Shadow to my chambers and make sure that he is made comfortable.

Payten switched into I am Princess hear me roar mode as soon as she saw Condrik, the man didn't just look bad he looked down right awful and after hearing what he had to say there was no way in hell he was going anywhere except to bed, he could see his brothers and tell them everything he needed to from there and if he argued with her she would really let her haughtiness loose on him. She looked at her brother and raised an eyebrow.

Majesty I do not mean to overstep but for the moment I am invoking my full rights as Princess of Firyon, should you wish to argue I will go one step further and take my place as Queen and you really don't want that do you?

Don't be stupid Payten. I as well as all of Firyon are at your and Pallias disposal.

Handing Ema to Payne she nodded.

Good then you and Pa have Ema sitting duty until Aranor and I return. He may not like it but until we know what is really going on I'm not risking taking her with.

Snapping her fingers she started giving orders to the Siryan guards who appeared at her side.

Now would be a good time for you to move Lord Shadow as I have asked. Please send for his Majesty King Shadow and Prince Aranor, send them both to my quarters, I want High Healer Elsbeth sent for and if necessary a tonic made ready should Lord Shadow decide to fight me on his care. I'll not have his Lady worried grey any more than she already has been.

She followed the guards who would not allow Con to argue with their Princess to the quarters and helped get Condrik settled into the bed.

I don't care if you only rest for a few hours Condrik, you won't do anyone any good if you end up passing out or hurting yourself more. Don't they have enough to deal with? Of course Aranor needs to go, I can't believe you would even question such a thing Condrik. Emalina will be safe here while we are in Pallia. When it's safe for her to come home she will be sent for.

Now was not the time for Payten to be petty and worry about what she needed. Aranor and Losa came into the room and Payten stopped herself from breaking down. Calmly she took his hand and stayed by his side while he and his brothers talked.
User avatar
Payten
Stablehand
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Raynalia » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:51 am

Mama what did they do to you?
Rayne was standing close to the bed that the body of Mara Shadowbain was laid in. Mages from all the different variations were coming and going from the room working their magicks to restore the womans looks so that when her family looked upon her they didn't see the true damage that had been done. The elf had seen it though and she leaned into Valiant who refused to leave her no matter how much she railed against him. When she couldn't stand to look at her adopted mother any longer she turned and buried her face in Valiants chest.
I'll be able to handle the washing rites for Mama Mara myself but I'll need help with Griffon, he's too damn big for me to turn alone... Val they are the only parents I remember, the only parents I've ever had. They took me in, loved me, made me a better person. Who would want to hurt them like this, who would want to hurt Oriana like this? Do you realize what's happened here? The Shadowbains died protecting this Hall and the people in it, it wasn't just about protecting their daughter. They took in this family during their time of need and this is what they have to show for it, death. Look at me Valiant, this is important. You can laugh at me or think I am as crazy as they say I am but you have to know just incase one of us or both of us ends up like them that...
There was no going back. She knew the truth for awhile she just dared not speak it because she thought she knew there was no way that the man who had married her on a whim just to protect her could possibly feel what she had been feeling and denying for a while.
You have to know that somewhere along the way on this crazy ass journey of this thing we call our life, I managed to love you. I'll not have something happen to either one of us without telling you even if you can't say the same. Yeah I'm sure I am as crazy as ever but there it is, I love you.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Losa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am

He heard the words from Condrik about an attack on Astrail and what little he knew. He paled at what he was told he looked around.

Con rest your ass then come back to the Hall will let them know you are ok. Aranor if you want to go ahead of us go and do not waste anytime. Going to get the others and tell them to hightail it back. I will have to tell Jacob, we will all be returning to Pallia, SJ was already on his way back with his son. Shit SJ could be in danger still.

He shook his head his cousin had left with Ash not too long ago hopefully he would be ok. He saw the way Aranor paled at the sounds of what they were told. He looked at the two of them and just nodded.

Aranor get to Oriana when you get there she is in need of help the others are gone not sure what can help them but I know one needs returned to the state that they had been in.


Condrik was being his usual self not wanting to listen.

Fine Con I will see who can bring you back but we got our hands full as is remember none of the Ryders are shadow walkers.


He went running to where the rest of the family he slowly told them what happened and he could not meet their eyes not when his own were threatening to spill over. He saw as the family started to go back each one taking those with them that needed to be taken. He stopped Jacob and his voice shaky.

Jacob I do not know how to tell you this, but I found out that Cole ... Cole was...Cole was there and was not willing to leave Oriana, he is lost to us he has joined his family in the heavens.


He helped Jacob get back he was not sure who brought Con back but he knew Ari was not happy with her husband at all but that was not his concern he went straight for her his queen and scooped her up against him and just held her. His own tears were being held back for the man he considered his brother in all ways.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Kayli » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 am

Cameron Wakefield you must be out of your mother fuckin' mind!
Kayli was hot and not because of the way Cameron could light her on fire with just a kiss, oh no she was mad as hellfire and what was hellfire? Hot. As soon as they were informed what was happening Cameron starting packing her bags ready to ship her back home to Britien. Anything he packed in her bag she took it right back out.
If you think I'm leaving you have no sense at all in that head of yours!
Alright so she was damn scared and that was fine, she'd be alright so long as he didn't make her leave, if he even tried he was going to have one hell of a fight on his hands. What she was good enough to take to bed but when it was something important she needed to be hidden away like some fragile little flower that was going to break? Hell no, wasn't happening. His family was in trouble and whether he liked it or not she was going to stand by him and see him through whatever happened. She wasn't Jade, she wasn't going to bail on him that was something he should have been used to by now, and if he wasn't well she was just going to make him used to it.
Kayli
Stablehand
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:36 am

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:07 am

He heard all that was going on and inside him screamed about it all but he was going to have to stay calm to take care of what he needed to do. He moved them into the shadows and headed back his first stop was the tower where his friend laid, he leaned and kissed the top of Payten's head and then moved to take care of what he needed to. He sat by Oriana taking her hand and he started to take care of her doing all that he could not just on the magic sense, sense well there was only so much that could be done with magics that was a lesson that she taught him well.

He was concentrating on doing all that he could for Oriana. He knew Payten had never seen him do what made him so exhausted at times but he kept pushing himself more and more because of who it was.

Come on Ori girl no way in hell I am letting you leave us we could not take that and Con well your guardian would not be much of anything if something happened to you. You know what our dumb ass brother did went through the shadows to Firyon to get everyone.


He sat looking at the woman that was a lot of things to him over the years they had known each other.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users