by Raynalia » Fri May 29, 2009 11:38 am
D'ye see what I be meanin' Condrik Shadow? That woman ye be callin' yer kin dun lost her mind if Aranor be haulin' her up 'ere like this.
Well the elf thought to herself at least no one can be blaming me for this one. She didn't want to be there when Oriana woke up the gods only knew what of mood the mage was going to be in, judging from the spidery lines running all over the woman that mood was going to pretty damn unpleasant.
Might wanna think about tyin'er down Aranor, last time I saw this one like this she tried suckin' Kristian Connors soul out through his face. Best start prayin' ta whatever higher being ye be believin' in she be herself when them eyes open.
The elf had been there the day of Orianas test, she witnessed first hand Oriana nearly killing Kristian Connor and Kain Dragonhand by pitting them against one another, playing on their emotions and their care for her, but it wasn't Oriana really, it was a demon that had locked the apprentice mage in the prison of herself and the test for Oriana was to be strong enough to keep the evil controlling her from destroying herself and the people around her. She passed that test alright and everyone went on with their lives. Raynalia had always been aware there was a price to pay for the mage but did any one of them truly understand just how much that price was? Reaching out the elf touched Orianas lined face and shuddered. It scared the elf to see Oriana but not see Oriana laying there. Sighing heavily she smoothed back the wild curls framing her once sister in laws face. Those curls reminded Raynalia of a time years passed when their lives were so much simpler, when they spent their days laughing and living fancy and free without the threat of demons or vampires or anything else hanging over them like a dark cloud.
Ouch! Damn Ray!
Oriana sitting before the vanity in her room winced with each stroke of the brush the elf ran through her mass of wild curls, one particular knot had been troublesome, the girls head jerked each time the elf took the bush to it pulling at the tresses.
D'nay be ouchin me girl, iffin' ye'd keep this mess braided like ye Mama and I have tole ye, ye would nay be havin' ta deal with it now would ye?
Glaring Oriana smirked.
Oh sure be all proper in front of everyone but get you alone and this is what you turn into? I bet my brother loves that...
The solid back of the brush connected with her head stinging.
... what in the hell was that for?!
Ye brother be none of ye business girlie... runnin' jaws 'bout Gabriel tis not the reason I be 'ere...
Trying to tame this mop on my head isnt either is it Ray? He sent you didnt he? Well you can go back and tell my brute of a brother you werent able to get a damn thing out of me! I'll not be sharing any secrets this day!
The grin she saw from the mirror did not settle well with her, Raynalia had that look in her eye that told Oriana she wasnt going to make it out of her room if she didnt start spilling her guts. The tone in her friends voice changed suddenly as did her speech and this made her even more uneasy, Raynalia was determined to get whatever she could out of her about her and Kain Dragonhand.
I'm not asking for your secrets Oriana, I'm just trying to be an ear for you to talk to because I know there are just some things a girl needs a friend around to hear. Who was the first person I told when I started having feelings for Gabriel? You. Who is the only one who knows everything that happened to me before you and brother brought me here, before your mother and father took me and made me one of theirs? I have told you things that would make others quit speaking altogether Oriana, and you cant tell me whats going on inside that head of yours?
Sighing Oriana turned around, took the brush from her friends hand and started absent mindedly brushing her hair.
It was a long time ago Ray, I was a silly little girl with silly little girl dreams..
Aye but your not a little girl anymore Oriana, hell most the girls you grew up with already have husbands, some even have children..
Who the hell said anything about husbands? Damn elf already has me married off! Ray listen, all I am saying is I know better, I'm not going to prance around thinking that all those silly little girl dreams are coming true just because he walked through that door. Am I going to lie and say my heart didnt damn near fall out of my chest when I saw him? No but I am not stupid Ray, one hes never going to see me as nothing more than that little girl he remembers and two I have new dreams now, I'm not bragging but I have the potential to become as great as Azrael in the ways of the Art, and that is what my focus is on. Go on now I can finish this on my own, and Ray? Slap Gabriel, I know he's listening...
That memory really made the elf smile but it made her sad at the same time, sad that Oriana was forced to grow up before her time, that she bore witness to horrors no one that young should have had to. Now when she looked at the woman in the bed she saw an eight year old little girl tearing through the streets of Astrail for her brother to stop the mean man in the alley from beating up on the pretty lady. That had been Raynes first encounter with Oriana and from that day on the two were sisters in all the ways that mattered.
Ye be needin ta behave Ori girl, yer Guardian over 'ere ain't exactly gonna be all too happy iffin' Gabriel catches wind ye've gone all demon again an' he comes chargin through 'ere like a damn monster. D'nay be thinkin' ye want yer brothers brawlin' an' I know ye be lovin' me enuff not ta be puttin' me through none a that. Rest Ori but d'nay be takin' too long, d'nay think anyone could handle not havin' ya around ta boss'em all.
Now that Aranor was there to watch over Oriana and Condrik Rayne was going to take a few minutes for herself outside the tower. She sure as hell wasn't going to be going alone. With Valiants hand in hers she led him from the tower, down the stairs and out of the Hall, they weren't going far at all. She just wanted to look at the lands that had become her home once she left Astrail. Putting an arm around Valiants waist she leaned into him.
I'm glad your here Val, really glad. You were right before you know, I do know where I belong, it's right here with this family, and with you. I really think if you weren't here I'd be off doing something crazy and getting myself into even more trouble. I'm real tired of being in trouble all the time and you know at my age you would think I would know better or at least settle down some already. I think I'd like to settle down, lose some of this edge I have in me, but everytime I start thinking that way something happens. I don't want anything to happen to this right here, whatever it is we have, it helps me be calm and I think I might be able to start finding that peace. I don't think you'd know what to do if I actually settled down though, hell I don't think I'd know what to do.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong