Congratulations

- OOC & RP Forum for the guilded Unity game

Moderators: Voice Stone, Voice Kma

Congratulations

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:13 pm

As I have watched this last age and the current age continue and blossom, I have seen something new. I have seen new people in new faiths, guilds voluntarily switch faiths for more of a challenge, the beginning and end of many guilds, the community spirit alive and well.

In truth, I think this is one of our best ages.

Barnabas deserves a lot of credit for surviving up there and working their way to the top.

/gasp

No seriously, they really do! Keep up the good work! There will always be those who claim that "This is the worst I have seen a faith act or behave!" I love Barnabas and was part of that faith when they were called "game killers and whatnot". I know that feeling. It was quite recent.

The point is: Barnabas great work on securing such a top spot and holding it with gusto while making it fun for all of us to keep playing and striving to kick your asses. Leto, great work doing whatever it is you do too! I know that you are fighting hard against perilous odds and should be commended for your bravery ... if not for the fact you lured Torkano over to your ranks.

And Angelique, my sweet blue Angelique, keep fighting the good fight. We will persevere and survive.

Don't let nay-sayers like Shifty get you down. Let us spread the good news!
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: Congratulations

Postby Shifty » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Don't let nay-sayers like Shifty get you down. Let us spread the good news!


Obsessed much?
User avatar
Shifty
Peasant
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby Kaxion » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Great post right up to this point

Don't let nay-sayers like Shifty get you down.


You shouldn't have let such a positive post be ruined with such a blatant blast of negativity.

Besides that Shifty's my boy and you got him all wrong.
Goblyn Famahlee
Sometimes " THE MAJORITY " only means all the fools are on the same side
Bringer of The GIRK!
TDOD!/OSM/RK/WEEC/GOBLINS/MTS/COF/OAFS/GF
User avatar
Kaxion
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1961
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:59 am

Re: Congratulations

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:53 am

Shifty wrote:Who the hell is gonna come into this game and not be either intimidated or downright scared off by the jackasses who tear the forums to pieces on a regular basis?


Shifty wrote:People will come to play this game because they are drawn to the medieval theme, the RP and the bragging rights that come with a little hard work, not to be assaulted or read posts with other people assaulting each other. We have the 6:00 news for that, they will come here looking to escape the real world, not get a mega-dose of the worst of it.


Shifty wrote:Here are the top 5 reasons why this is a waste of time.

5. Nobody cares enough anymore. Look at how many people actually responded in this thread with any even remotely useful ideas, then look at how many of those people were actually interested enough to put the effort into actually following through with their own ideas. There's a million different reasons why this has happened but I think the complete and utter lack of control in the forums is one of the biggest reasons.

4. Too many players want things done their way or not at all. It's a fact, we all know it. There is very little room for compromise here. Somebody, (an admin with balls maybe?) has to make some hard decisions and stick to them. The bunch of spoiled cry babies here need a firm hand.

3. Boredom with the game has caused people to find ways to amuse themselves. Due to reasons 4 and 5, people have found ways to basically play just to torture others. This just makes the game worse. Sure, you all adapt to the tactics and they get easier to ignore, but they are there, lurking in the shadows, ready to be pointed in the right direction or stumble accross a lucky target...

2. It is too dificult to defend yourself in this game anymore. In any even war first strike wins. Period. The attacker doesn;t even have to be that skilled! In fact, in most cases, the war is really over after the first NIGHT. And anyway, who bothers with even wars anymore, it's so last week!

1. Certain players are here simply to brew chaos. I don't need to mention any names here, some people do it in the forums, others work behind the scenes with entire faiths and yet others are the reason 3 people. The worst are here simply to manipulate people and cause turmoil, they get off on it! It's been true for years and with a small player base they end up rubbing the good people the wrong way too often. People see them as friends just to get ass-raped the moment they drop the soap.


That is just the last thread.

All nay-saying. All the reasons we can't. So, my friend Kaxion, it is not negative, it is what we all know to be the truth. So I repeat:

Great work everyone and don't let nay-sayers like Shifty get you down!
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: Congratulations

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 pm

I don't ever remember Shifty saying the word "nay"
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
User avatar
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf
 
Posts: 8698
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The little guy on your shoulder

Re: Congratulations

Postby Gerien » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Rey, this may be the most disingenuous thread you've ever created. I was even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding throwing the insult to Shifty in there, but then, when given the opportunity, you continued on that tack instead of focusing the thread back toward your positive statements. We're left believing that was your original intention all along. (Actions speak louder than words - even written ones.)

Bad form, old man.
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: Congratulations

Postby Koi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:37 pm

There once use to be a wise man named biggles who would simple say.

"I like Cheese"

And the thread would be a classic. Shame the same can't be said here.
~Koi McOlly
User avatar
Koi
Peasant
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Conyers, GA

Re: Congratulations

Postby Blackdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:21 am

I like ham and cheese!
~Ol Fat Dragon~TGH~
~COLE~~LKA~Dal Raiden~TNE~NV~Inverness~TDOD~Triad~BKOS

Ol' Dragons never die,They just get a bigger Hoard
User avatar
Blackdragon
Stablehand
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby Shifty » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:03 am

The trouble is, sometimes when you try to slap sense into somebody you end up slapping them senseless.
User avatar
Shifty
Peasant
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby zamuthz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:30 am

at first i wanted to agree, or is this true?.. or just mere sarcasm... i should have known.... :roll:
Co-GM The Shadowz of Flames (reborn)
WW, TDoD,FOJ,Shadowz,TDoD,FA,MuM,Shadowz
WeeC
EVICTED
MuM apprentice
Who am I? I am the Blaire at the moment you open your eyes
User avatar
zamuthz
Stablehand
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 7:46 am

Re: Congratulations

Postby Desdemona » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:54 am

Yanno, that first post was going pretty good, it was upbeat and positive...and then ya blew it, big time, by taking a cheap shot at someone.

Rey, why do you allow Shifty to have so much power over you? It seems, in some sort of twisted way, that you need his approval and haven't yet gotten it, so now you're bitter and lashing out. What's up with that?

...yeah, I know. I've opened up the flood gates and set myself up as the target of a childish temper tantrum. But ya know what? I have teenaged daughters, ya'll are total amatuers @ temper-tantrum-tossing compared to those two!

Have at it!
~Desdemona
Gypsy Without a Clue
Former Freak of FERVENT
Where am I to go now that I've gone too far?
User avatar
Desdemona
Stablehand
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am

I won't be lashing out at anyone Desdemona. There really isn't a point. Instead I plan to discuss in a civilized, if not barbed, manner.

Firstly, I don't see why people cannot multi-task and take a pot shot at one person and congratulate Barnabas and Leto at the same time. I also don't see why so many are rushing in to point it out, not to Shifty's defense, but to attack me instead. Like no one but me sees the "mystical all consuming pessimism" of Shifty. Perhaps this is so, perhaps I am wrong. I would like someone (including Sir Shifty) to come and explain in the other thread why I am wrong, instead of simply trading insults with me. I think I just quoted myself from a remark I made to my buddy, so cite me.

Are the boards that sensitive that I can't just point too a topic I was talking about in another thread is still relevant here? Not that I really care if you can take it or not. But seriously, why the immediate jump on Reylan? Did Shifty need you to take pot shots at me.



Gerien, why the heck would I give a crap about form. When I have ever been anything but I am right now? See your little slant and edge are very special. You come in, pat me on the back, then say, "Oops, but not in the right method. Maybe next time little fella."

No. That deserves more lashing out than anything. Every thread, anytime I remark that maybe, just maybe, Shifty's interpretation of the state of the game or what needs to be done is wrong, you step in an say some witty retort that I am seeing things that are not there or that I am not being nice. Too bad. Boohoo.

Shifty wrote:The trouble is, sometimes when you try to slap sense into somebody you end up slapping them senseless.


By this, you mean "depress" instead of "sense". Sorry if I can't jump behind your board-eugenics program. I am sure you will find that when your method is done, fewer will remain than when you started. Which you may just as well just chalk up too "Oh well, I guess they are the ones with the problem. Not me!"

Gerien wrote:Rey, this may be the most disingenuous thread you've ever created.


Nope, there are far more disingenuous threads than this. Trust me.

zamuthz wrote:at first i wanted to agree, or is this true?.. or just mere sarcasm... i should have known...


I have no idea who you are, but I like you. Yes, I was serious. No, there is no sarcasm. Hey I said my peace.

Gerien wrote:We're left believing that was your original intention all along.


When someone says, "Hey, you are a moron." (Not saying anyone did, but follow with me here), do you respond back or just keep rattling away? Shifty is a person I like to debate with, only problem is: he refuses to debate. He simply stalks around and makes small barbed comments and insults thrown my way. Not a problem. But when I do it, poor form? Really?

Barnabas and Leto did a great job this age. Angelique as well. Frankly, my positive comments were done. Back to the killing. If you don't believe me, then fine, why not see the glass as half empty.

I can do two things at once people. Its a post.

Congratulate some.
Point out that the ONE person saying out loud that the game is too scary for people to come and post ... AND BAM! The whole damn thread goes crazy!

Nice.
Joker reference.

And anyways, who the hell said I ever had any sense.

I await Shifty's wonderful jabs that really don't argue his point.

Continue.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: Congratulations

Postby Desdemona » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:32 am

*nods*

Very good. Mature, reasonable, well-thought-out response. The young grasshopper of yesteryear is growing up quite well.

Now if I saw the same from more than one individual, that would be a Very Good Thing (tm).

As for these boards being too sensitive? More like too bereft of relevant information, not enough entertainment vis a vis pertinent roleplay and other informative wordplay. Who wants to take the time to read a deadish board? Hell, even Comments is so tame, it's practically comatose.

......alright, biscuits and gravy are done. Breakfast time!
~Desdemona
Gypsy Without a Clue
Former Freak of FERVENT
Where am I to go now that I've gone too far?
User avatar
Desdemona
Stablehand
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby xxFLaRe31xx » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:09 am

ha rey i have the same problem with fire, just check out those topics. i post in relation to game and all he does is "try" to insult me. keyword there is try. he has yet to respond to my post in a way where it relates to the game. frankly i think its lame that these people try to be internet thugs
xxFLaRe31xx
Stablehand
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby owly » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am

Shifty wrote:The trouble is, sometimes when you try to slap sense into somebody you end up slapping them senseless.


Once in Waimea bay the shore break was 15 foot, me and a friend seen this old man drowning, trying to get out of the 15 foot shore breaks. So me and my friend went in to rescue the old man. While we was holding him to fend of a big wave the guy hit us in the face and kicked us. He didn't even thank us for saving his life. We ended up getting slapped silly....

i love Waimea bay i seen 40 foot shore breaks there once, when the tude of the wave collapsed sounded like thunder long and rolling. it on the north shore of Oahu. i used to love going there to body surf. with a pair of fins and a Macdonalds tray....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: Congratulations

Postby -Link- » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:02 am

Preach it Rey.
Today is the day of reckoning, and I will speak the truth without fear.
Five Judges
User avatar
-Link-
Peasant
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Flare, with Fireslash it ain't so.

Here is the thing, some people play the game to number crunch. My buddy Fire doesn't number crunch, he just knows how to hit and then he does it. He prods you to fight and then starts good, long fights. Frankly, he has the warrior heart. He is good at what he does.

Now, there are others like him. But remember, there are two different topics being talked about here:

1. In Game Content
The wars, the tactics, the down hits, the up hits, the congratulations, and the specifics of the gaming experience.

2. Out of Game Content
The concepts of the game, suggestions for improvement, the talk of how and why we play the way we do, addition of more players, etc.


I classify them separately because within the first (IGC) you get more people fighting and mud slinging and "stirring the pot" than you do in the second (OGC). If I were to classify Fire it would be that he is a person that cares a lot about OGC and will give detailed ideas and debate about any given topic, but when you confront him with IGC, you are going to see a great warrior who wants to fight, not talk.

I would classify Dysh as a great OGC person and a sneaky, explosive, strong, and competent IGC leader.
Maverick, Virch, Venus, Khalistov and a host of the older veteran GMs also fall into this area.

If you see the game this way, you can understand some of my sentiment towards anyone. There are thoughts that treat OGC like IGC. They insult and then refuse debate, treating the exchange like a Guilds Thread instead of giving rational thought to many arguments because of who they are dealing with. It is only natural. Even I have a tendency to disregard some people's ideas because of being treated in a certain way because of IGC. It happens all the time.

We have also seen many times OGC affect IGC. I have said many times, when OGC affects changes on the game because of IGC you can sometimes see big problems arise: Unguilded Lock Out, Forced RP, etc.

But that is just my opinion. It is not fact.

Desdemona wrote:The young grasshopper of yesteryear is growing up quite well.


Don't let the pretty words and thought fool you. I am still a douche bag.

EDIT ///////////////
Also, notice how OGC being brought into IGC conflicts lead to "[insert name here] is killing the game."

Bad bad bad bad bad.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: Congratulations

Postby xxFLaRe31xx » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:46 pm

how is fire ogc? i have yet to see a productive post on his behalf?, just a whole lot of useless flaming from the internet thug
xxFLaRe31xx
Stablehand
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Re: Congratulations

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm

He doesn't do posts for OGC stuff, he says it over IM.

Then again, I should also say, he doesn't like people talking for him either, so I will stop.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: Congratulations

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:46 am

Nice, Rey. I step back for a week or so and you start congratulating my faith?
I'm hurt! ;)
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Re: Congratulations

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeah, we always seem to miss each other.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers


Return to Unity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot]