An idea

- OOC & RP Forum for the guilded Unity game

Moderators: Voice Stone, Voice Kma

An idea

Postby Dysh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Okay I decided to post about this here as I don't think there is anyone reading other boards. I thought I would give one more effort of mine to this game and the community.

I was recently introduced to a text game called Mymafialive.com which is an Iphone App game. Text based with some graphics and thousands of players all over the world. It's kinda fun and I am kicking da shit outta most of the families there.

So... I was thinking if Evernight games would like to increase player base, expand, introduce new games or perhaps make some money to sustain the severs and future expansion maybe bringing the game to Iphone App is not a bad idea. Maybe someone thought about it already but anyway I figure I would make a suggestion.

There are many people searching for cheap or free games on Iphone every minute and there aren't enough good games in the app store. Evenright is a good game that people would appreciate it for sure. Maybe a few modes of the game like a regular Evernight game and a life long (no reset) game mode to keep people around.

Anyway just a thought and want to share with you guys. Thanks and hope everything is well at your end.
Dysh
-Immortal Sacred Alliance-
User avatar
Dysh
Squire
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: An idea

Postby owly » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:41 pm

The Game Hatama plays can be access from her phone, it's pretty kewl...

hey dysh it's good to see you...
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: An idea

Postby Lady Maven » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Hey Dysh, stick around. Place really isn't the same with out ya.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!
User avatar
Lady Maven
Royalty
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento CA

Re: An idea

Postby owly » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:27 pm

oh i can get the boards on our son phone...

Yeah, come back Dysh the game needs you...
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: An idea

Postby Dark Horse » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:15 am

I'm currently developing software for the iphone. It would not be inconceivable that an interface could be designed to allow the existing evernight game to be played via an iphone app. It's also possible that a few modifications could be made graphically. I'm not sure what Decae's take is on something like that but I'd be happy to help design it if he wanted to offer an iphone app for evernight.
~KHRYSTLE'S~
Just another second-tier GM!
It's a lie. A kiss with open eyes, And she's not breathing back.... Anything but bother me.
(It takes my pain away)Nevermind these are hurried times. Oh oh oh. I can't let it bother me.
User avatar
Dark Horse
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 am
Location: In my immediate area

Re: An idea

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 pm

That is actually a great idea. IPhone Apps would draw in some other people out there.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: An idea

Postby Gili » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:05 am

Good thinking. Its things like that, plus perhaps a facebook tie in that would probably draw in a crapload of people. Loads of my non-gamer buddies kill loads of hours playing games through facebook solely cos its on facebook. Is weird as in the past when i've mentioned browser based games they've just ignored me
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
User avatar
Gili
Developer
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Numpton, England

Re: An idea

Postby Porckie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:08 am

neatums. For those of us that don't own Iphones, would we still be able to play as well? :)
User avatar
Porckie
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lands of MUR!

Re: An idea

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:54 am

Yes, it is just another way to view the website.

-iPhone
-Facebook
-Normal

Maybe if it is really simplified we could just add in a cellular phone page too, not just for iPhone. The app could have more cool features.

Just throwing shit out there to give Decae a full time job.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: An idea

Postby Dark Horse » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Well perhaps we should seriously consider putting together an team to develop evernight outlets on other platforms. Same game, just allowing more ways to access it and thereby more players to play it.
~KHRYSTLE'S~
Just another second-tier GM!
It's a lie. A kiss with open eyes, And she's not breathing back.... Anything but bother me.
(It takes my pain away)Nevermind these are hurried times. Oh oh oh. I can't let it bother me.
User avatar
Dark Horse
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 am
Location: In my immediate area

Re: An idea

Postby Dysh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Maven. =)

And helllllo Owly!!

Yes Gili, you got a good point. When you said web browser game, ppl ignore us. But when it's facebook game ppl spent time... ppl are odd in a way hehe.

I am 100% sure that if there is a Evernight Lite (free version) on iphone, we would get hundreds of players easily. I am playing the Mafia game via website now after level 15, you get a web login so it's easier for me to make all those clicks.

Not saying we must charge for money for full version as this has been a free game but this always an option. However I think minimal graphics (still pictures) are probably a must in this case.

I hope this idea will get to our admins and I am sure this will work. =)
Dysh
-Immortal Sacred Alliance-
User avatar
Dysh
Squire
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: An idea

Postby Dysh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:38 pm

btw, I did a quick search.. there isn't other game likes Evernight on Iphone app store. we get a bounch of ivampires, imafia, iundead blah blah... but nothing as special as this.

I am excited about it. =)

come on guys and admins.. wanna give it another try to make this game once again filled in with thousands of peeps? =)
Dysh
-Immortal Sacred Alliance-
User avatar
Dysh
Squire
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: An idea

Postby Lady Maven » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Hey babe.

And don't act all nice to me on the boards. We're supposed to hate each other here remember? Call me a snaggle toothed whore, (and then message me next time I get on 'Q we'll chat);>
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!
User avatar
Lady Maven
Royalty
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento CA

Re: An idea

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:28 am

Anyone know how to program those iPhone apps?

Can we just simply throw up a prog that has the frames for the iPhone and then it loads up from the website?

Anyone?
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: An idea

Postby I]\/[mortality » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:13 pm

DYSH!
Retired
User avatar
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: An idea

Postby Dark Horse » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Reylan Talonspyre wrote:Anyone know how to program those iPhone apps?

Can we just simply throw up a prog that has the frames for the iPhone and then it loads up from the website?

Anyone?



Dark Horse wrote:I'm currently developing software for the iphone. It would not be inconceivable that an interface could be designed to allow the existing evernight game to be played via an iphone app. It's also possible that a few modifications could be made graphically. I'm not sure what Decae's take is on something like that but I'd be happy to help design it if he wanted to offer an iphone app for evernight.
~KHRYSTLE'S~
Just another second-tier GM!
It's a lie. A kiss with open eyes, And she's not breathing back.... Anything but bother me.
(It takes my pain away)Nevermind these are hurried times. Oh oh oh. I can't let it bother me.
User avatar
Dark Horse
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 am
Location: In my immediate area

Re: An idea

Postby Gerien » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Dark Horse wrote:
Reylan Talonspyre wrote:Anyone know how to program those iPhone apps?

Can we just simply throw up a prog that has the frames for the iPhone and then it loads up from the website?

Anyone?



Dark Horse wrote:I'm currently developing software for the iphone. It would not be inconceivable that an interface could be designed to allow the existing evernight game to be played via an iphone app. It's also possible that a few modifications could be made graphically. I'm not sure what Decae's take is on something like that but I'd be happy to help design it if he wanted to offer an iphone app for evernight.

Reylan is entirely too busy spamming to actually read the threads he posts in. Really, DH. Be a little more understanding! :lol:
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: An idea

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 am

Alright smart asses, how about Blackberry.

Can we code the site to make it Blackberry friendly?

Well perhaps we should seriously consider putting together an team to develop evernight outlets on other platforms. Same game, just allowing more ways to access it and thereby more players to play it.


BTW, it is nice to sometimes just use the CTRL-F function and look up stuff ... like Blackberry and/or iPhone.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: An idea

Postby Oedipus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:04 am

This is a great idea. If I could afford an iPhone, I would be more inclined to play again on it...
Omega Dawn always at heart

my signature is kinda outdated.....oh well.

Fervent
User avatar
Oedipus
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:09 pm
Location: verynice

Re: An idea

Postby Torkano » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:15 pm

You should be more inclined to play again anyway. Because I'm still here. I have a guild you can play in. I'll even name a rank after you. So come, Atreyu, it will never be a Neverending Story without you.
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
User avatar
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf
 
Posts: 8698
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The little guy on your shoulder

Re: An idea

Postby Oedipus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:32 pm

i might create a new character....

is reset imminent ? I will just wait til next age if so...
Omega Dawn always at heart

my signature is kinda outdated.....oh well.

Fervent
User avatar
Oedipus
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:09 pm
Location: verynice

Re: An idea

Postby I]\/[mortality » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:51 pm

kent!!!!!!!!
Retired
User avatar
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: An idea

Postby Oedipus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:13 pm

i r still alive

graduating in less than a month

that means more free time again for a while? ....maybe?
Omega Dawn always at heart

my signature is kinda outdated.....oh well.

Fervent
User avatar
Oedipus
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:09 pm
Location: verynice

Re: An idea

Postby LordGalvatron » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:58 pm

I come back after a few months away taking care of my student teaching and Dysh has an idea. Well there goes the neighborhood.
Appearently the best free agent out there.
<Artanis> Galvy, you're my hero.
one part of the triad GM of DARK
User avatar
LordGalvatron
Peasant
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:26 pm
Location: Cybertron duh!

Re: An idea

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Oedipus wrote:i r still alive

graduating in less than a month

that means more free time again for a while? ....maybe?




Oedipuss! Welcome back mate!


*dusts off old alt*
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Next

Return to Unity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users