TEN / TMP Rolecall

- A place to put out a roll call for a long lost guild, and for long lost members to catch up.

Moderator: Voice Stone

TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Kaz » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:36 pm

[edit for archive reasons]
Fury of the Ten (TEN)
The Mountain People (TMP)

Has been quite a while since TEN were roaming about in the lands of Maxim. Recently I've seen a few of the original lineup return to the game.

For TMP it's slightly different, as the guildname was used for a one-off age in Valid, but with the exception of that age, it's also been a while since they were seen.

Looking through my old bits and pieces lying around in scattered files on my hard drive reminded me of the old days and the beginings of my first array into GMing

I had decided to play Maxim to experiment with the new Droben race. Decided to create a guild and randomly sent a message via the game to every realm in Darden who had built droben. Ended up recruiting quite a few players that way and The Mountain People (TMP) were born

We played through about an age, but it soon became pretty clear that an all Droben guild had severe weaknesses in scum and sorc, so we allowed a couple of realms (pretty sure Winterhawk was the first) to build in other races.

At some point shortly after the UK bash in cardiff, SunBlade decided to create LoFT. I was already playing with an idea for TEN so I left TMP running with SunBlade at the helm and LoFT memebers making up the playerbase while they waited for LoFT to be accepted, and created TEN.

The first age of TEN was pretty cool. The idea had been to have a guild made up of exactly 10 members. Alas that idea was binned before we ever reached the member cap. The original 9 members of TEN were to be known as The Inferno (kaz), The Black Flame (shadz), The 6th Degree of Seperation (matty), The Guardian of Time (reverie), The Guardian of Knowledge (kolob), The Lord of Blood (monster), The Lord of Friendship (nymph), The Defenestrator (dux) and The Guardian of the Dead (artanis).

After a while TEN had been up as the longest continuously serving Maxim guild at the time. The idea behind the charter had by that time changed dramatically and we were now playing each age according to a pre determined 'zodiac' sign, of which there were 10.

I finally disbanded due to burn out.

Dancer and I ressurected TMP to play the end of the age out in, but the guild never had more than 3 members in it and was purely to avoid being UG at the end.

TEN and TMP have both returned once each since the original days.

TEN returning in Maxim, taking the top of the scrolls for quite some time and then being brought down hard due partially to inactivity, partially to a sudden change in the defensive values of forts, and partially to do with complacency in our rank. Havn't brought them back since.

TMP did much the same, but they finished their one off comeback at the top of the scrolls in the first Valid age not too long ago, which was LOTS of fun. In all my time GMing I've had guilds spend plenty of time at the top of the scrolls but had never managed to finish an age up top until the second coming of the Droben.

I'm interested to hear from anyone around who was involved in any of the phases of TEN / TMP. Either as a member or an enemy.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Venus » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:44 pm

oh memememe


tmp in valid was the most fun lol

i think we all spent our time looking at dks kingdom in view:Pp
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Postby Dricis » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:46 pm

im interested
People like you make me think twice about having kids.
AGM Fervent: I'm the one you dont want to talk to.
Vice President of the I <3 Venus club. Membership growing daily.
User avatar
Dricis
Peasant
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio Go Bucks!

Postby TheMonster » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:11 pm

I know I would create a realm for TEN if it came back. I remember those days well and I do remember how we were able to do really well when we all played and tried our best. Count me in if it happens.
that which is me is greater then that which is not me

force is the greatest teacher
User avatar
TheMonster
Stablehand
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:39 pm

Postby Kaz » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:56 pm

Would be nice to fly the banner of TEN again one day. Wont be soon though, I havn't got enough time to play a realm in Fervent let alone run a serious guild.

So who else is still about??
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Rorshach » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:01 am

"what? A party? And I do no be havin' a blessed thing to wear?" babbled the great palomino centaur. "Call the farrier! I be needin' dancing shoes!" Coati hung lazily by her tail from a ceiling beam while the two minute fennec foxes picked up on Rory;s enthusiasm and cavorted playful about room, spilling a pitcher of mead onto a game of strategema... causing the pieces to run for cover and scream in terror about flooding..

"RSVP? RSVP grrrrr" growled the one sometimes referred to as The sixth Degree of Separation. "Poet! Let's do be announcin’ a holiday on all business affairs… dicount pricin’ on Slat and Tabac.. no new contract negotiations for a fortnight.. adnbe havin’ the 1st chairs o’ the Flute meet me ‘afore we leave.. ‘an be takin’ no excuses even from Islia… we've a party to go to.. but er.. it do no be saying about clothing? Think it be fancy dress? who'll be there? Breasha? Sofcur? Monster? Kaz and The Inferno of course.. Ruark? Lyssia? and that Huntress I wonder.. Ohhh and the catlike shapeshifter assassin.. you know how dangerous women do be enticing me almost as much as fresh plate o’ sweet pastries..

"yes, yes.. I know I do be rambling.. but let them know I'll be on my way as as soon as I do be findin’ something suitable to wear.. oh.. and be kind enough to wake Tesla. he'd be much upset if we did be forgettin' to tell him..."
Speak softly and carry The Big Flute
Echo of the TEN (AGM)
Life is as you perceive it to be
User avatar
Rorshach
Stablehand
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Shade Valoria » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:38 pm

this is Super James, but i decided to use Shade Valoria( my alt) in this roll call because whenever i played maxim/valid (or even monarchy's mo pri), i used this name.

for an age i was a member of the mountain people, and enjoyed that much. we won every war we started because of our amazing bonuses on attack. then we would fort they would surrender. but then when we rested for that one week, we were attacked and the whole guilg was damn near skumkilled to death.

i would have been a member on the ten, but i spoke up too late, and the 10 was full. i was going to get the next spot available, but i quit playing before that ever happened.

i barely have time to play solo. im getting my butt whopped as is, but when i get time, ( which should be in a month or so) i would love to start a maxim realm and league with you guys. that would be swell.
User avatar
Shade Valoria
Stablehand
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Winterhawk » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:00 pm

~drops in a gives the thread a good ol kick~ Howdy
User avatar
Winterhawk
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: British Columbia

Postby _Raicon_ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:45 pm

Winter! *stumbles in*

When I was in TEN, I went by Artanis...my title was indeed guardian of the dead.

Man, those were good times.
_Raicon_
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:19 am

hehe, welcome to the thread guys.

*Wonders over to the bar*

hmm.. pretty sure i've .... ah there it is

*pulls out a large keg of Ruark's Mountain juice and several bottles of Fernabergian red wine*

Drinks are up
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Dalthano Invarion » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:14 pm

I was in TEN. I remember the age where Kaz's PC quit working and no one knew what happened for awhile. I'm currently not playing the game but check the forums every now and then.
Dalthano Invarion
Stablehand
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:19 pm

Postby STEEL_TEN » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:03 pm

bahah.. it has been awhile since anyone has posted here, just wanted to say hey to anyone that still checks!

-STEEL
STEEL_TEN
Stablehand
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:48 pm

Postby Kaz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:27 am

Hey man, great to see you on the boards again :)

Grab me on Q some time if you see me and we can catch up.

I see your posting as a new alt, you want your old one back??
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Sturm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Pyren say's hi :wink:
~Bo,Sart~ RiP~
It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live."
~Amo ut invenio~Fidei Defensor Vexillarius~
User avatar
Sturm
Armchair Warrior
 
Posts: 6832
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Look up, see that funny colored star...Smile please!!

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Zhord. » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:37 pm

I was in TMP for the valid age, was fun.
MuM - "We Blame Gili"
User avatar
Zhord.
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:01 am
Location: Elsewhere

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Kaz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Thought I'd bump this.

Just wish that more of my old crew were still here.

So, on the random offchance that I brought TEN back, in a faith other than the dominant faith, would any of you come along?

Not that I'm saying I will or anything.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 pm

I was in TMP.

If I left Barnabas I think venus would strangle me!
I saw my advantage and I took it,
Thats what heroes do.
I <3 Venus. Join the Club!
User avatar
Maverick
Knight
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Jacen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:14 pm

I remember in the Maxim TEN, at least for a little while.
¤ Living the Life of a Tormented Soul ¤
¤ Sanctum Officium ¤
¤ Not ¤ Playing ¤
Jacen
Stablehand
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lost

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Kaz » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:58 pm

Hey Jacen,

Good to see you back on the boards.

Any chance of you finding Maledict et al for one last blast of SO?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Nymphsong » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Salutes TEN
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Peasant
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Jacen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:33 pm

I'll pass the word around, haven't talked to Mal, or any of the old SO for awhile. Just reinstalled ICQ so maybe I'll catch a few on.
¤ Living the Life of a Tormented Soul ¤
¤ Sanctum Officium ¤
¤ Not ¤ Playing ¤
Jacen
Stablehand
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lost

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby The Next Dyvim Tvar » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Nufie and Mykayla are both kind of knocking around.
However I think Mal is lost to the winds for sure.
Like John Leslie but without the Scottish accent and fractionally less rape allegations from Ulrika Jonsson.
User avatar
The Next Dyvim Tvar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:24 pm
Location: Austrian chokey

Re: TEN / TMP Rolecall

Postby Jacen » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:06 am

Myk I saw posting in the Last Age thread, I'll bump into her eventually. Nufie I messaged in ICQ but he didn't get back to me, but if he's been lurking around he might already know.

Sorry, Kaz. I should really start an SO roll call thread and stop hijacking yours. =]
¤ Living the Life of a Tormented Soul ¤
¤ Sanctum Officium ¤
¤ Not ¤ Playing ¤
Jacen
Stablehand
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lost


Return to Guild Roll Call

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot]