by Calis » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:54 am
"The morning brings the Light,
The creation of a future.
Brought to new heights,
Like an untamed creature.
Who can know what this brings-?
Hearts are stirring.
In the end we’ll all be free,
As free as free is. "
Hiya ;>
I remember how I used to play all through middle school and as I learned more about the game, I'd get increasingly frustrated at the guilds I was in cause I knew there was a better way to play. So finally when Evernight started and we moved from Monarchy, I saw my chance.
It must have been my freshman or sophomore year in high school, 2001 maybe, and I remember writing the story of Divine Light in my latin class instead of paying attention, heh, with strains of Eminem's "Stan" (specifically, Dido's chorus from her song Thank U) echoing in my head. I was inspired.
I remember Counselor saying if I ever made a guild he would never leave it. I remember him wishing he could be part of a guild that would play the way he knew how a guild could be. And I knew, -knew-, that Divine Light would be that guild.
So I dragged him over. I dragged Chains over from guilds, and together they became my confidants, my co-conspirators.
We started small, less than 15 of us, but as the ages went on, our popularity grew and we hovered mostly around 50, for a long time the largest guild in the game, period. Over the years we were active, over a hundred people have played for my guild.
This is your chance to say you were part of something that holds a special place in my heart. And this my chance to say thank you.
So thanks. And I hope yall share some memories =)
"The Light has come…
Blinding everyone…
Who could have thought
We would pull this off?"
Diplomacy in guilds is like sex in an elevator.....it looks real easy until you try it.
killing me softly on butterfly wings with a velvet touch and a suicide dream