Maxim Questions and Answers (OOC) and the future of Maxim

- Maxim Archive.

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:37 am

Sucking at RP shouldn't keep you from doing it. You'll improve while RPing. All of us sucked at RP at a certain point.


(Sorry for not questioning or answering master Sunny!)
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Postby Sharaf » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:44 am

I'll be here if maxim continues, however my RP has dried up no end, please more random events in the future, that makes more food for good RP (more events, a few more turns, and different game mechanics unique to Maxim, etc....)

I'll be here regardless, I'm just a glutton for punishment
One dark day in the middle of the night
2 dead men got up to fight
back to back they faced each other
drew their swords and shot each other.
User avatar
Sharaf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby _Nagash_ » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:30 am

I think the RP of the end of the world would provide you with plently to write about, mate...
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Postby Sunblade » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:52 am

There'll be plenty of opportunities to get involved in roleplaying now (see darkness rising thread and future end of the world topics) and in the future. Game events will be more roleplay orientated than game effect orientated, at least until other coding projects are completed so that Demmy has some spare time I can pester him about.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
User avatar
Sunblade
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Yoshimutsu Watanabe » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:32 pm

....the hell?!

I wander back to have a look around and they're tearing the old place down...

Bloody typical.
Ronin, in name and fact.
With no honour left to live for
I will redeem myself in a field of blades
User avatar
Yoshimutsu Watanabe
Stablehand
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Bran » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:35 pm

Count me in as a poster Sunblade. Depending on how this semester goes, ie it stays like it is right now, then I will more than likely be playing again too.

Anyone need a broke down old fogie in thier guild? lol
"fortes fortuna adiuvat"
DF
User avatar
Bran
Traveler
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Arkansas

Postby Misty » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:38 pm

I'm still in
"Well, don't eat it." ~My mom
"I didn't have the best intentions last night, I was just cold."~Aemuli
You can deprive the body, but the soul needs chocolate!
LoF!
User avatar
Misty
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: 100 miles from water; 3 feet from hell

Postby Odominus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:10 pm

we are being attacked by our faithmates??
Hug it out bitch :twisted:

Fo: I don't care, because I kick ass.
User avatar
Odominus
Bone Breaker
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Kenemet » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:29 pm

Can someone from OAFS pls contact me or Raila, (338683816 is me)
Our war is done until we figure out what is going on here, fair war or no war.
Akhemu of the First Aat
Confidant of Sekhet-Hetep
Keeper of Molly

Sekhet-Aaru
User avatar
Kenemet
Stablehand
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Great White North

Postby SIlverwolfe_ » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:41 pm

You can count me in... Ill never leave. :twisted:
Life isn't about making it to the grave safe, and in a well preserved body

Its about skidding in sideways, screaming "Holy Shit, What a ride!"
User avatar
SIlverwolfe_
Stablehand
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Out of that pit of uncaring and beggining life anew

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:58 am

*points at other thread*


Sorry Kenemet, kinda glossed over this thread.
Thanks for the good war, sorry about the end...
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Postby Sunblade » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:42 pm

I should probably make it crystal clear, since a couple of people have asked, that there will be opportunities for characters to escape Maxim.

And as with the rest of the RP, if you think you have a way of escaping, PM me and we can work it into the RP.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
User avatar
Sunblade
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Betsayda » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:54 pm

Okay, since this thread originally started as a question and answer thread, I have a question. I have never played Maxim, but I am interested in starting. However, as I never playing in the world, I see no real point in jumping in for the last big bang. So my question is strickly one of time frame. I know you said October for the new game to start, but are we talking beginning, middle, or end?

Just want to know how soon the new stuff is going to start!
User avatar
Betsayda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:13 pm

Postby Sunblade » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:00 am

I can't give a date or rough starting period right now, unfortunately - I have ideas for changes to be made, some of which would need coding put in behind them. As soon as I have an approximate start time, I'll post it up here.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
User avatar
Sunblade
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Thepheonix » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:26 pm

Im in. I'll try hunting Lyssia down too... she might be interested in this whole... world ending thing :)
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash
User avatar
Thepheonix
Peasant
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CA

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:30 am

I was about to suggest that O.o
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Postby Anarane1 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:25 am

This is my #1 role play site. I will be around and posting.
A New Beginning, A New Life.
Without the Darkness there can not be light.
A dark wind is rising. Sending discord into many lives.
Death in Effect
User avatar
Anarane1
Stablehand
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:08 am

Postby Thepheonix » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:01 pm

quick question about this hole in the middle of the island... is it spreading? (the land swallowed up by a giant crevasse or the like)

Im thinking of starting a thread at the edge of the pit, and... I was wondering, cause that would change what I said ;)
~OAFS' Resident Sidhe Mage~
The "EpiToph of Faith" ~Nagash
User avatar
Thepheonix
Peasant
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CA

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:29 am

Question to all GMs:


I'd like the next age to be a bit more balanced, so I might change the faith of OAFS. To determine the next faith of OAFS, I'll need to know where the other guilds (and/or new ones) will go.


Please enlighten me :)
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Postby Bootsy Collins » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:25 pm

*edit*

Nothing to look at here, nothing at all.
Puurcenary for Hire
Daphne's me MuM
Scummins, where for art thou?
FFA for Life / MuM
User avatar
Bootsy Collins
Stablehand
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:05 pm
Location: Hiding in the bushes of Tonan

Postby Kenemet » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:26 pm

As it stands, SA will stay Angelique.

But the decision is not final yet.

And check your PM's Nagash, a little something that's been the topic of discussion among some of us.
Akhemu of the First Aat
Confidant of Sekhet-Hetep
Keeper of Molly

Sekhet-Aaru
User avatar
Kenemet
Stablehand
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Great White North

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:15 pm

Said it before hehe, will say it again :)

TBL is barnabas, and will remain barnabas :)
--=(Jyllian Di Moonstone ~ Griffinsbane)=--
¤-The Warlord-¤
Little Devil of TBL~ Fervent~FOUL you say ?

User avatar
Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Evernight

Postby Laustrad » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:22 pm

Foul will return, but under slightly different "leadership"

We will also remain angelique. I really don't care what faith i play under, so we'll stay where we are. gots a nice little set-up goin.
It is not ours to question why, it is but ours to do and die
Hail Ceasar, we who are bout to die salute you!
Errrmmm.... Something or another, anyways?
User avatar
Laustrad
Stablehand
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:43 am

Postby Odominus » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:03 am

ORB is up in the air right now...not sure where we'll land.
Hug it out bitch :twisted:

Fo: I don't care, because I kick ass.
User avatar
Odominus
Bone Breaker
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Sunblade » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:38 am

quick question about this hole in the middle of the island... is it spreading? (the land swallowed up by a giant crevasse or the like)

Im thinking of starting a thread at the edge of the pit, and... I was wondering, cause that would change what I said


Apologies for not responding sooner - the crevasse remains the same size, but the earthquakes radiate outwards.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
User avatar
Sunblade
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

PreviousNext

Return to Maxim Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users