Sartorious Has Passed Away (part III)

- This forum will house threads that are being archived, in the memory of those who have passed beyond our mortal realm.

Sartorious Has Passed Away (part III)

Postby Voice Caleb » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:11 am

This is a copy of Sart's brother, Taylor's, second post.

Taylor wrote:I was not sure what to expect when I put up that thread, but this has amazed me. I dont know how to express what everyone's words have meant...it is unbeleivable. Several times we have sat down and read through everyone's wonderful words. It is heartwarming

Several people have asked questions and I have not answered them. I am not ignoring you but please bear with me as it is very difficult to talk about it. I will try again today to get your questions answered.

Once again thank you for your thoughts...I never realized how much they would really mean at a time like this! Thank you



ICQ: 247672519
User avatar
Voice Caleb
Voice
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby ElathanM » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:45 am

Taylor, as said before, if we can in anyway help, please let us know, even if it seems like a small thing to you. Anything at all.
Sartorious, may the angels embrace you in their wings.
As you look down upon us, you shall see us smiling up at you.
Confuscious say "Dang hoop snakes and drop bears"
User avatar
ElathanM
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: East Coast Oz

Postby Elfie » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:28 am

I have been out of town for awhile and had my cell phone with me, but couldn't get reception where I was. As soon as we came up on top of the mountain yesterday morning, my phone said I had a message. Well it wasn't the message I was expecting. Tara had left me the message of Sart's passing. All I could do was just set there and cry. Sart and I had talked many times of his illness. He would get really depressed and we would talk it thru. His wife and his kids were his life. He loved them so much. I have fought beside him in Inca and Silence and also against him in guilds and Solo. He made time in Solo a blast. I finally nailed him hard not long ago and he posted the results and laughed that I took him down like that. It will not be the same without him around here. I will miss talking to him. He was a great ally and a friend.

I send all my heartfilled sympathy to his wife and children and the rest of his family. You truly had a great man in your life.

Taylor, there has been a few of us that have talked and would like to start up a Evernight college fund for his kids. Could you please send me or Tara a private message or leave me a message on Sart's ICQ on how to get ahold of you to get some info on a bank in your town. I know several would like to contribute to this.

God be with all of you.
Elfie
~TRC~
User avatar
Elfie
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: God's Forgotten Land

Postby FaceLess » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:09 am

Rest in peace Sartorious

my condolances to his family and friends
[glow=grey][shadow=purple]FaceLess or More[/shadow]
[/glow]

[glow=yellow][shadow=red]Phoenix Dawn
[/shadow][/glow]
User avatar
FaceLess
Stablehand
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby eaSt » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:55 am

Words can not express the remorse I feel, nor can time heal the pain of his passing. In a better place may Sart rest, watching over us with a smile.
User avatar
eaSt
Peasant
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Teraflops to Normality

Postby Winders » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:19 pm

I hadn't spoken to Sart in quite a while, but he was a bloody good GM of mine when I was in IN back in the LGS days, and someone you could always hit up for a chat.

Rest in peace, and my condolences go out to his friends and family.
"Take my shoes off and I will throw them in the lake
And I will be two footsteps on the water"

LoF's Space-age Scarecrow
User avatar
Winders
Peasant
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lesta innit

Postby sirGAZ » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:14 pm

my condolances to the family he will be missed
User avatar
sirGAZ
Stablehand
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:53 am

Postby Taus Melek » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:22 pm

I realize it is the wrong game... but my guild is in Maxim, and in honor of Sartorious my guild has renamed the GM title.

From this point forward, the GM of my guild will be known as The Sartorious. I hope this is enough of a way to pay respect for this player who has tragically passed on. I realize just how little it really means.

I'm sorry I can't think of anything else to do...

Taus Melek
Taus Melek
Stablehand
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:56 pm

Postby Neptune » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:47 pm

I am sorry to hear the news. You all will be in my prayer tonight.
Neptune
Stablehand
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:25 pm

Postby R_bear » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:50 pm

My Condoleances to the famely and friends of Sartorious

Taylor thank you for posting and letting all know
stay Strong and brake down when when you need to do dont hold it in to much
For I know what it is like to loose a brother or two and i know what it leads to by holding in been that image of male strong thing come out
~Bear~


~~Forgotten Forever~~
User avatar
R_bear
Peasant
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Soon to be City of Disney

Postby Ohno » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:46 pm

I've been putting off posting here because I just don't know what to say.

Sart was one of the people I most respected here, in and out of game. I can't begin to count the number of times I served in one of his guilds. He had a contagious spirit for the game and I will dearly miss him.
[center]Our names shouted in a certain dawn...a message...a summons...
There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said... no.
But somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
[/center]
User avatar
Ohno
Stablehand
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Nufie » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:59 pm

Like Ohno, I have been putting off posting in here just for not knowing what too say.

I remember his RP when SO fought against INCA and it helped make it a war i'd never forget for all the right reasons.


Rest in Peace
CD
Fervent
User avatar
Nufie
Stablehand
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:03 pm
Location: Reading Uni, UK

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:32 pm

I dont know what to say either

I only really knew Sartorious from his posts, I beleive I only ever spoke to him on ICQ a handful of times if that, but he will be missed.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time

Rest in Peace
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
User avatar
Kaz
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia

Postby Thrash » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:50 pm

I really do not know what to say. I am very stunned by the news. I have been away from Evernight for a long time but a name I associate with this game and monarchy is Sartorious. I think everyone has some connection with him whether it be a destroyed kingdom or just a simple chat on ICQ.

You will be missed my friend, my thoughts and prayers are to the family.
OSM
User avatar
Thrash
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: NC

Postby Toad » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:33 am

I pray that God will bring peace and understanding to your family, Sart. God bless you. and thanks
[center]~Asian wannabe of REAVERS~
~AGM of cowardly tactics of LKA~
~old fart~[/center]
User avatar
Toad
Stablehand
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby -Norton- » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:32 pm

I am not sure what to say, the news is still fresh to me, having been away for the weekend. It has been a while since I last talked with Sart, about a year, before that we talked often, both avid soloists, I don't know how many times I smiled with the anticipation of hitting his self named kingdom. I'd see it on the scrolls and when ready to hit I'd have to pass because he was already taken by others. A prefered target due to his reputation of fighting a good war and an honest one.

Sart I take a drink in your honour, I wondered why you were no longer posting as avidly as before, I talked with my brother about it but shrugged it off as you probably just being busy. I wish I had dropped you a line, I wish I could have been there to help you but I am glad too see you didn't really need it, you were allready surrounded both by this caring community and a loving family.

And so Sart I can say nothing but lean back and take a deep pain free breath, you will be remembered here by all. You were the player I strive to be, you carried yourself with poise and honour. A gracious winner who was always willing to help, may your days now be long and easy. Take your rest buddy, you deserve it.
User avatar
-Norton-
Stablehand
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:48 am

Postby Portia » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:54 pm

I'm not good at this kind of thing. Suffice to say I'm shocked and saddened... Sart was a very smart, mature, and amusing guy to have around. I'll miss his wit and charm.

My heart and prayers to his family and friends.
Portia - Hegemony Empress (Pink is the color of compromise)
Sexier than socks on a rooster
Telling Amaris who to kill since 1998
User avatar
Portia
Trouble
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Down in the Dirrty-Dirrty

Postby Ashrum » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:10 pm

While I've not visited the game for a great deal of time, I do remember Sart quite well from all the times I talked to him, and am saddened to hear about what happened. He was always a great person to talk to, He'll be missed. Best of wishes to his family and closest friends.
User avatar
Ashrum
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Sovereign » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:41 pm

I don't even know if my account still works. I've been away from the game for a long, long time. Nevertheless, I still find myself browsing through Tempers Ball from time to time. I recognize many of the names, from old guildmates to former rivals. Not many stand out quite as much as Sartorious.

I didn't really know him much other than from his postings; I never served with him in a guild. I did, however, cross paths with him on several occasions during solo and guild wars. He was always polite and understanding, and yes...he also always defeated me...heh.

Sartorious was one of those rare people that had the ability to cause people like me to keep my shortcut to TB readily available despite a prolonged absense from the game. It was people like him that kept me interested in the game in so many ways. It's people like him that make this community what it is.

It's clear from seeing the number of posts in these threads that Sartorious had an affect on many more people than he probably realized. I'm not a religious person, but you can be certain that I will whisper a quiet prayer for Sartorious, his family, and his friends tonight. But somehow, I don't think Sart will need it. I suspect he will be just fine on his own.

Rest in peace old friend. You will be missed, but you will never be forgotten.

-- Sovereign
User avatar
Sovereign
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Postby Sunblade » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:50 am

Logging back onto ICQ for the first time in a month and a half, those ten to twelve identical messages linking me to the first thread weren't what I was expecting. I never talked to Sart, never had reason to really. Our guilds never clashed that I can remember, and when they did I wasn't GM. But looking around the halls, knowing people by their posting icon and writing style, you expect people to be there. To stick around as long as you do, barring occasional abscence and intermittent retirement.

It's always shocking when someone from the community passes away, from Pentus of WarG back in Monarchy to Bo Ri Kat, and now Sart. Each time it brings home how many of us are here, and how little we truly know of one another outside of our circle of immediate friends.

My condolences to his family, and also to all of his close friends in Monarchy and Evernight. I won't entertain the illusion that the offer of an ICQ number to vent at will ease the pain or change much, but it's there anyway.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
User avatar
Sunblade
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Revenger » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:02 am

My condolences to his family.

May GOD bless him and his family..
Loyal Curate of
THE ECCLESIASTICAL INQUISITION
You see things as they are and say WHY
I dream things that never were and say WHY NOT
User avatar
Revenger
Stablehand
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Postby Korayn » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:26 pm

This is shocking. I got this second hand from a friend who got it to his icq. Cancer is horrid :(

I never had a chance to play with Sart but I know he whomped my ass a few times. He always had a good spirit, there was never anything spiteful in his actions, like some people could..

I am dismayed the world has lost such a wonderful and nice person.

My prayers to his family and friends, so that you have the strength to celebrate Sart's life, rather than mourn his passing.

And I really can't think of what to say here :(
Korayn
Stablehand
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Meldrum Bay

Postby Bran » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:17 pm

Taylor,

I have played this game off an on for many years now and I talked to Sart on very few occasions but when I did talk to him it was always a wonderful conversation and he was always interesting. I remember my sister (Lilandra) talking affectionately about your brother and how important he was to her, I know in my heart, is immeasurable.

I haven't logged onto the game in a few months, the last thing I expected to see was the message that I found. I broke down, here at work, at the firestation. You never know how much a person means to you or how that person has affected you till that person is no longer able to.

From my time here in this amazing little community I can tell you only the things you already know about your brother and what he meant to the other people in this community. To me he was like so many of the others here that interact and help one another, he was family.

My prayers and thoughts go with you and your family and I know that if my brother Aidan was able to get online he would say the same thing. Thank you for your message, I can only imagine how difficult that was to write.

Sart will be missed.

~ Nathan ~
User avatar
Bran
Traveler
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Arkansas

Postby Mr Ed » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:50 pm

I have been watching this with both joy and sadness.

Joy over the wonderful response from the players in this game...your love and caring shows through strong.

I have been through several deaths of players in this game sadly, and in fact came close myself.
The response in all cases has been the same..overwhelming.

I am deeply saddened by the news of Sarts death.

I cannot say I was an extemely close friend, but I feel the loss.
I was in several guilds with him, and opposing sides from him...and during those times our icq log was full.
We had great fun in war chats, on the boards, and in our private icq...friends or foe on the battlefield we were always friends off it.

I had again taken time from the game....and when I returned some, he was less active.
I had no idea of his illness, and I wonder if I could have helped his spirits any.

All of you that stayed with him to the end, knowing the end was nearing...I love you.

I'm sure you helped him deal with it all.

I Know LKA was there full force for me, as were many others..and it meant the world to me.

I grieve for Sarts family...this is a hard loss.
I grieve for those here that were much closer to him then I and are dealing with this in pain.

I also grieve for my loss...Sart was a good man..I will miss him.

Stephen
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.


PEST ~ The loose cannons of Canon
User avatar
Mr Ed
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:57 am

Postby Kllan Stonehammer » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:01 pm

I just don't know what to say.

Zim said it best. I'm too choked up to say more..
Kllan Stonehammer
Stablehand
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Next

Return to In memory

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users