War of the Twelve Winters [Foundation vs NV]

- Maxim Archive.

War of the Twelve Winters [Foundation vs NV]

Postby Pastor » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:47 pm

[center]NYAMAFU VURUMAI (NV) 10 2,149,066 214,906
FOUNDATION (Foundation) 12 2,340,874 195,072[/center]

As the reports began to stream in from his various intelligence sources in the field, couriers of every shape and size started their endless trek from the outside chambers of the War Room to the head of the desk. Generals, scholars, mages, and personal bodyguards to the Supreme Chancellor, all there for the same task: the war on Nyamafu Vurumai.

Pastor ignored them and the latecomers to the planning stages of the war. Instead he sat back watching for the notification that the war had begun. It had been a long cold winter month and the Foundation had overworked the blacksmiths and armories to produce more weapons for the soldiers leaving from the outlying barracks and forts to fight this war against the terrible and distraught peoples of the NV, as the troops had been calling them for simplicity.

Within a few moments, the battle-hardened troops would cross the demilitarized zone near Mosinee and cross into the lands of NV. This would be considered an act of war on the behalf of the Foundation, a consideration Pastor had already well thought through. Looking around the room to the other executive members of the War Council, he realized that for the first time in years, he was damn happy he was here doing this job, and that it felt less and less like a burden every day.
F O U N D A T I O N
Pastor
Stablehand

Postby ElathanM » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:47 am

He sat behind his desk reading over the reports that had come pouring in of attacks on the Vurumai by the dogs of Foret. He leaned back and then slumped in the heavily cushioned chair, sighing. The Vurumai hadn't even considered about war, specially this early, they had wanted a peaceful season. But this was not to be, the greedy Foretians had invaded, trying to take what was not theirs and spreading destruction, killing relentlessly.

He himself had wanted a quite season, after the next full turn of seasons he planned on retiring, letting younger men lead for the Vurumai. But if it was a war that the heathens wanted then a war they would receive and learn the price for attacking those that served Isonia.
Sartorious, may the angels embrace you in their wings.
As you look down upon us, you shall see us smiling up at you.
Confuscious say "Dang hoop snakes and drop bears"
ElathanM
Pickpocket

Postby CharLeS` » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:40 am

CharLeS` has heard that the foundation has once again marched into war. They are a fierceless guild. He knew it after spending sometime warring heathens a few weeks ago. He just stayed at the sides, just like the other reavers, and see what will happen with their war.

"My handsome future king, Pastor of the Foundation has sent a message saying that one of the members of a darden guild is burning the temples in his kingdom."

"Pastor?Foundation? I thought they are at war with the isonians? How the hell a dardenite came into the picture? For the good of Foret. What kind of demon has entered their bodies? They are ruthless as ever. Send this message to the Pastor of foundation. Let it be known that foretites will act as one. No one can ever intrude to another one's affair. However, the case is still not clear to us. I shall try to talk to the dardenites. When this happens again, reavers will come after them. Now go!"
EMOTION IS MY MIDDLENAME™
Seismic Reavers™
...The Light at the end of the tunnel might be an oncoming train...
CharLeS`
Peasant

Postby TuT » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:22 am

It had been a most tranquil evening until the messenger arrived with his fateful news. Quickly pulling on his armour, TuT headed to the the front of the waiting column of troops. The attack had been unexpected but such was the way of these Isles. Before long, reports filtered in of the enemy positions, some were much better defended than others. His whispered orders were soon passed up and down the ranks.

[/ooc] no requests for assistance have been issued by NV
tactics are like water
TGH |
TuT
Stablehand

Postby Greybeard » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:14 am

The war was an early one, the season for killing had just begun and allready the armies of Foundation were being called to march. Many were not yet ready, but rumors were spreading, news had reached the lands that the empire of Foundation was a Darden target. It had come down to either making the first strike or alowing someone else to attack first. It was this necessity that had left him unprepared for the battle, but it was a minor problem...

I guess it is a good thing, you let em rest too long and they become lazy and stiff, this will knock some good life into them. Tommorrow will be our day!

Unfortunately his numbers were few and the support staff he had were minor. With a sigh he turned to his first general,

It is unfortunate but I do not believe we will be doing much warring tonight. Bring out the carpenters, we shall build one more day, then, when the foundation for our armies has been layed, and we can hold a decent size military force, then will we invade!
Greybeard
Stablehand

Postby Arana » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:31 pm

FORWARD THE FOUNDATION!

The chant belowed through the woods as thousands of throats proclaimed their loyalties, the loudest of them all the deep rumbling voice of the giant highlander Arana! Shadowing the chant was the low thunder of an armie's feet pounding through the woods as fast as they could be carried. All in all it was a horendous sound that would strike fear into even the stoutest of warriors.

He surged forward, his axe clenched in his fists ready to strike a blow at a moments notice. His blood pouned ithrough his boody, and his eyes moved sharply looking for prey, he was loving it! This was why he was born, for battle!

They cleared the woods to find themselves facing another armie, heathen nubash and forts! The battle was at hand!

FORWARD THE FOUNDATION!

The chant rose again and was soon drowned out by the sounds of clashing swords and armour. It was a bloody battle, the heathens were a strong bunch and there were more than a few surprises for the Foundation warriors that night. But in the end the battle was won, lands were taken and heathens were killed. It was just the beginning for the war was still raging, many of the NV realms still lay barely scratched, this would be a bloody war indeed!

Let them come! we will be ready! If we die, we die! But we will fight with honour and they will regret marching into the lands of Foundation! They will regret marching into the lands of Arana!
Arana
Stablehand

Postby Pastor » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:33 pm

OOC: NV is doing well against us, and we know it was DR that did it, fear not, our scummers caught them last night attempting it again. It will be dealt with in time. Good war thus far, NV should be commended.

“What imbeciles, is the aviary correct?” Pastor barked from his throne on the dais in the Grand Audience Chamber of the Palace.

“Your Excellency, it was confirmed that after our government received warnings about scout attempts upon Demonic Reality’s realms, our Drow where found with their throats slit. Not long after scouts began to poison our water supply. Lord Furio claims that he even caught the Guild mistress of Demonic Reality’s personal detachment of thieves inside his own boards. The confessions taken from them before they where executed where quite clear on that at least.” The aide said with certainty.

“So they wish to strike us from behind as we march to war against the Isonians. Very clever, I am sure Judas and Eisheth think this very amusing indeed. Well I have spoken with the Church and the Supreme Foret Alliance on these matters, the others agree, something will need to be done about Demonic Reality, and quick.” Pastor said in an emotionless tone.

“Sire, we have the reports, shall I send them to the Supreme Foret Alliance for the others to read.” The aide said.

“It is too late, I have already taken the reports and scribes from Judas to the Alliance, they have read the scribbling of the mad man and concur that action must be taken to sanction these rabble-rousers. I no longer fear Eisheth or Judas, but the recent developments that are transpiring are quite disturbing to me.” Pastor said with a bit of reverie in his eyes.

“Why is that Eminence?”

“DR and the Foundation have reached a state of ill repute with each other. We are being fingered for the murder of thousands of their people in the land of Cyrnus, but in fact it was not us, probably an Isonian, we cannot figure out who though. At the same time, Eisheth and Judas are no longer allowed communication with me other than aviary, our dignitaries will not meet and my counter intelligence teams work overtime to ensure they cannot spy on me while I am in the palace. But through it all, we have seen that they cheat and backstab, and this is no longer a viable option to continue this existence. I am thinking of writing a missive to both of them, to begin a peace initiative that keeps them out of our hair and us out of their towns.” Pastor frowned and looked up at the skylights.

“Would that not put us in a position of weakness sire, I mean it was your negotiations that they rejected, they where the ones to act in a very improper way for dealing with the Chancellor of a far superior military and people.” The aide beckoned.

“Yes, I know this, but in time I do hope that we can reach an accord peaceably with them, I would hate to have to crush their armies again, only to be nipped at the heels by self proclaimed ‘avengers’ of their faith.” Pastor chimed.

“I as well your Eminence.” The aide concluded.
F O U N D A T I O N
Pastor
Stablehand

Postby Nitetime » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:05 pm

"Milord! Riders come bearing eyes-only missives!"

The thin-framed man sits at a massive oaken desk littered with parchments. Garbed in a midnite-black heavy robe, he sits down the paper currently in his hand and motions the page over. He rubs his brow in consternation.

Upon completing his task, the page exits the hall.

So the Supreme Chancellor has called the arms to battle. My kingdom is still in the internal expansion phase. My army is ever-near and my mages inform me that they are running at peak capacity. So be it. Mobilization begins now. The Isonians will will not survive the nitetime.

The man collects the content of his desktop and crams it into a drawer. He signals to his personal page.

"Gather the Generals and the Arcanum. Have them report to me immediately. Set forth the call-to-arms. We will be needing anyone who can wield a weapon."

The page dashes from the room leaving the dark Lord to ponder his kingdom's future.

It is ready. Already recruits are waiting to be conscripted. A massive army will gather in no time. Time to initiate aggressive negotiations with the Isonians.

It is still Nitetime.
Nitetime
Stablehand

Postby Zomb » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:33 am

As he sat in his throneroom recieving more and more reports of losses he sighed. He really hadn't been prepared for a war this early. But what could he do? He ordered his generals to fall back to his forts and hold their position while he tried to mobilize the rest of his army to throw some kind of a retal against the Foretians. And so he would...
Zomb
Stablehand

Postby Chopps » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:45 pm

Since the dawn of this new age Chopps started using his excellent strategie to build up his kingdom. Chopps had been building for quite some time till he got word that his superiors were planning an assult. On hearing this Chopps did a few last minute touch ups and started massing his army. By the end of the day he was satisfied. On the day of war time CHopps felt very confident and it was evident after his first few attacks nothin could stop his army. After the first attacks CHopps felt satisfied. He then whent to bed after puting his defenses in place.
Chopps
Stablehand

Postby ElathanM » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:55 am

The Foretians were doing well, but not well enough to stop the Vurumai from killing them back. So far two of Foundations members had met swift demises, and still more were yet to fall. Though this war was no where near close to being over both sides had handled themselves well. Neither at this time had gained the upper hand in the battle, and with luck it would be the members of Foundation rebuilding shattered realms.
Sartorious, may the angels embrace you in their wings.
As you look down upon us, you shall see us smiling up at you.
Confuscious say "Dang hoop snakes and drop bears"
ElathanM
Pickpocket

Postby Caine » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:23 am

The war room bustled with activity as Caine tried to make sense of the situation. This war had come early... earlier than expected. The Foretians had invaded, and for this they would be punished.

"The attacks came from here", Caine says aloud pointing to his strategic war map of the Vurumai lands. "Retribution will be swift and deadly against the kingdom in question. Bring them to their knees... NOW!"

The pace within the room picked up as Caine's orders bellowed loudly. Taking pen and parchment, he sat down quietly for a momnet and scribbled three words ever so meticulously...--LIGHT THE FIRES--

The Vurumai had been hit hard by the initial strike, but it was in no way a crippling blow. The time to bring this fight back to an even playing field was now.

"Gemi, come here." he says quietly to his trusted servant standing nearby. "Take this to the underworld of our kingdom. They will know what to do with it."
Why isn't the word gullible in the dictionary?
73.9% of all statistics are inaccurate.
Caine
Peasant

Postby Pastor » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:29 pm

“The war is coming to a close your Eminence, soon NV will have nothing more than the workings of a guerilla force capable of terror attacks nothing more.” Kriegmann said with some satisfaction.

“Your words echo truth Josef, but we must look at the bigger picture. The Foundation stands on the precipice of a very new economic wealth, one that stretched our trade and marketable goods to all points across the continent. My suggestion is that we push faster to reach a compromise to continue to fight the other church, the church of Darden which threatens our lands.” Pastor said with authority.

“Good Lord! Where is it you learned your politics Evencourt? I have seen many a thing in my life, politic subterfuge is one of the most common in my world. Do you truthfully believe that Darden has sent scummers from Demonic Reality to destroy troops and kill civilians just because Elathan has said so? May I remind you, Chancellor that he is the enemy we are attempting to fight?” Kriegmann said, shucking his respect for authority.

“Then, if this is the course of action, the Foundation must persevere in this situation and continue the war, against her better judgment.” Pastor stated, “What are your suggestion Kriegmann, you have tried my patience one too many times already, let us hear your plan.” Pastor said contemptuously.

Kriegmann began as Pastor mentally noted to not allow this to happen again.
F O U N D A T I O N
Pastor
Stablehand

Postby Nitetime » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:50 pm

The respite was much needed.

His kingdom had quickly mobilized as he prepared himself for war. The dark man had commanded his minute forces to a small victory. Over four thousand acres had been aquired but the cost was heavy. Throughout the nites, the shadowfolk of the Vurumai continued to poison the waters of his people. The sickness which overcame them was quite dangerous. Twice, they all came close to succombing to it.

But it was not to be. Not during the nitetime.

Alert sentries foiled the subterfuge. The church's healers were roused and chanted throughout the night, lifting the curse and bringing health again to the citizens.

Then the raids started. One after the other, they crashed against his already worn troops. Reinforcements arrived none to late. They bolstered the defenses and strengthened the counter-intelligence. Vurumai spies were caught and hung. Next, the full armies themselves began charging his bulwarks in earnest. Like poet fanatics his forces defended the kingdom from atop his mighty fortresses. Eventually, the attacks subsided without nary a successful strike.

Then it would seem, both sides drew back and a pause was given. This lapse in action had been quite a boon to the man. His engineers have done an exceedingly good job at construction within the kingdom.

But the enemy lies just over the ridge. Their wardrums can again be heard in the distance. The vultures are gathering.

With the troops morale running high, the dark Lord stares off into the Nitetime...
Nitetime
Stablehand

Postby Furor » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:36 pm

The war had been raging for days now, he had watched from the sidelines still unidentified by the heathens as a Foundation loyalist. His actions had been split between incognito thieving and building, his lands had not been ready for war but as long as his alliegance to the Foundation was unknown to the warriors of NV he was safe. Soon the time would come...

And so it had, disbanding his thieves he hired warriors to surge foward against the NV lands, the battle had been quick and decisive, two more realms lay in ruins after another night of war, but this time he had partaken in the fighting. It was good to be in the open again, although an adept thief he loved the feel of a good sword in his hand.

Now he was exposed, known to the enemie, but could they do anything? He had planned for what he hoped had been all possible retaliations. Would the heathens prove themselves to be worthy opponents? His allies spoke of their strength and will to fight... now let us see them bring this fight to me!
[glow=red]Welcome my fury.[/glow]
Furor
Stablehand

Postby TuT » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:35 am

The armies of Foundation had laid waste to the fresh, new lands of The Vurumai. The fighting that occured soon after the invasion had been both brutal and bitter, but the tide of Foretian troops had overcome even the staunchest of NV's defenses. From his heavily defended outpost - TuT cast his eyes across the fly-blown bodies that now littered the once fertile valleys of his people. It was time to withdraw from this conflict, regroup and draw strength - yet again - from the powers of the Goddess.

The Foundation had won for themselves an early victory in this new age.

Three short blasts from his war horn - signalled the order to his people to break off hostilities against the heathen.
tactics are like water
TGH |
TuT
Stablehand

Postby Nasir » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:57 am

The day was young, and Nasir had high hopes of making his mark on this war. It all seemed so new to him once again, and the feeling of team orientated combat was almost alien. Slowly, he crept past the onslaught of Foretian attacks, hoping to remain out of sight, out of mind...

But they came, waves and waves of Foretian deathsquads. They were out for blood, and would stop at nothing to please their leader, Pastor. Nasir grinned at this, for he felt from the moment he entered Pastor would have him brought down. Threatened perhaps?

Then silence came, and as quickly as they came, they left. Nasir was left laying in a ditch left unsatisfied. So many moons ago Pastor would have been ruthless enough to finish the job, when they were fighting alongside. These days he had turned soft. The arms of Foret restrained his temperament, and his inner beast was being held back.
I'm the left eye, you're the right,
Would it not be madness to fight?
Nasir
Stablehand

Postby Nitetime » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:33 am

"My Prince! We have captured enemy spies trying to surveil us. We have extracted enough information from them to know that they were sent by Lord Nastor," the Spymaster said.

Send out your top Lieutenants to this ruler's lands to gather information for me. Have them scry back their findings immediately upon completion.

A bit later...

"Milord, indeed Lord Nastor is a member of the Vurumai. His kingdom is heavily fortified with shadowfolk. Enough shadowfolk to do major damage to our allies."

Our troops have been pushed hard. But we still must continue on our quest to convert these heathens. We have recieved word on our Southern front that our forces have pushed into new lands there. We shall make a few strikes into Lord Nastor's land. Enough to cripple his intelligence network. Then we'll spearhead to the South and finish up there what we have started.

A bit later...

Nitetime was astride a massive spangled charger overlooking the skirmish before him. Waves of his fanatic wildmen pushed deeper and deeper into the heathen lands. Feelings of destiny were beginning to cloud his mind when...

Very faintly, off the distance, three stacato notes were played from a war horn.

The signal of surrender. The opposing forces began to subside.

Lord Chamberlin! Scry the Supreme Chancellor's arcanum, confirm that what my eyes and ears are telling me is true. Has a cease-fire been given? My troops are ready for more blood.

The edict is given and the command goes out. Legions of warriors, in great clouds of dust, pull out of formation and retreat to the battle pavilion. There they build fires, sharpen their weapons and show off battle trophies. Although they never take their eyes away from the direction that the heathens retreated to.

They all wait.

Wait for orders...

It is still Nitetime
Nitetime
Stablehand

Postby Furor » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:55 am

His armies stood ready, their swords loose in their scarbords their eyes eager for war. Behind them their lands were swollen, filled to capacity. They wer in need of expansion. Before them lay the lands of NV, lush properties, hard fought battles had been required to remove the towers and armies that had stood in their way. Minimal defences were left, the battlese were fought, the war won. He prepared his men to march forth, the triumph could be seen in their faces.....

Halt! M'Lord I have an urgent message from Pastor. A cease fire has been established with the heathens of NV. We are to withdraw our forces from these regions and return to our lands.

What? Are you serious? But our lands are full, we must move forward, we need to expand! Was that not the purpose of this battle?

He looked again at the lands before him, so ripe for the taking, so close. He was of half a mind to move forward, unleash his men to do as they will. But alas he could not, the orders were given.

Stand down men, today is not our day, A cease fire has been established, you are to return to your lands, visit your wiives, childredn and other loved ones. But stay weary, this is but a cease fire, stay ready for the call, you may be beckoned back soon.

He saw the open dismay on their faces, they had been hyped and prepared for war and now they were being sent home. In a day or two they would settle down and accept it. After all, the rational mind will choose peace over war in most instances. He himself was disapointed, unlike his warriors who had only themselves to worry about he had the concerns of an empire on his mind. And the empire was full, in needs of expanding....

Oh well, we shall have to find our lands elsewhere, prepare my belongings, I shall be leaving shortly.

With that he rode back to the comand tent, rolled his maps and left the area.
[glow=red]Welcome my fury.[/glow]
Furor
Stablehand

Return to Maxim Archive