Ka-Tet settles a score (Ka-Tet v MoM)

- Maxim Archive.

Ka-Tet settles a score (Ka-Tet v MoM)

Postby Fasthaeior » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:10 pm

The beaches were deserted and quiet. All was well in the lands of The Snake Mother. The days remained peaceful, until the day a rogue entered and disturbed our sanctity.This rogue flew the banners of the TGA, but was cast out for his outlandish actions. These rogues have since banded together as Mark of the Magus, hitting whoever they wished, guilded or not.

Fasthaeior got word from Yiska that this rogue dared enter the lands and destroy what he had worked so hard to build. Twas time to teach these heathens that their behavior is not acceptable. They would be taught a lesson. Fasthaeior readied her ship. Sword and shield in hand she sounded the great horn to signal the battle call thus beginning the war.
Ka-Tet
Fasthaeior
Stablehand

Postby Yiska » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:28 pm

Yiska watched, and waited. It seemed there were more fools on this great Island than he'd been led to believe. Upon his arrival, he'd met with aggression from a follower of the Bastard. Then, yet again, these same heathens under a new banner had accosted him.

Who are these men that so wantonly destroy in the name of retribution? Their scouts must indulge in wine and ale too frequently for their claims of our aggression are unfounded. In truth, these claims are owned by yet another they had first wronged. No matter though. They have chosen death at our hands and we shall be happy to oblige.

The time had come for revenge. He would allow them to show themselves, as they had time and again. And as one hunts a rabbit, he would hunt them. When they reared their heads, they would find them lopped off in short order.

Yiska and his scouts faded into the undergrowth once again. They would deliver this information on the newly found vermin to their records keepers, and return later to set their town ablaze.
~The earth Does not belong to us...we belong to the earth~

Ka-tet
Yiska
Stablehand

Postby Taus Melek » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:23 pm

Taus Melek sat quietly in his chamber. With most battles, with most wars, he would be on the front lines fighting along side his men. However, not in a situation like this, in which his presence is uneeded. Quietly he began writing a letter to the guilded of Katet.

Sirs and Ladies,

The confusion that was mine is no more. The exact manner of the battle, and how it has unfolded, has become clear to me. It is as follows:

My GM, the great and illusterous Lord Badangel sought and discovered a heathen target that bore no flag of allegance to any guild. The Lord Badangel attacked this heathen.

The heathen swore that he was guilded, but lost in this new age and trying to find his comrads. Badangel told him then that upon finding his guild, the conflicts would stop, but until then it didn't matter.

While Badangel was guilded at the time, that heathen and you, I would suppose, sent many of your thieves into Badangel's camps at night.

You poisoned his waters, burned his buildings, and destroyed his home. It is with sadness for me to acknowledge that many of Badangel's citizens were killed, including women, children, and even the clowns.

I learned of this. My nephew had been there. He too was killed. Seeking retribution, I destroyed the heathen who hurt my ally.

At this time we raised a new banner, that of the Mark of the Magus. You should read our charter, but among other things it pledges ultimate and holy retribution to those who unjustly assault a member of MoM (MoM? don't laugh).

Since that time, although I personally thought of the scales as being balanced - something those of the Katet should be aware of, as it is inherant in your guild's name - I have been warred with and unjustly assaulted by the person who is apparently your GM.

Since then, the guild I am a part of has been threatened greatly.

We acted out of retribution. You act out of spite.

I offer you now one chance at peace. Give us this heathen who started it all. Let us take his land, which is rightly ours. We will leave him alive. Then, let us end the war with a promise of non-agression.

Shall ye at least consider it?
Taus Melek
Stablehand

Postby Yiska » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:04 pm

Yiska read the missive, thoroughly, then placed it down and pondered in silence before taking up a quill and penning his reply.

Lords of Mark of the Magus,

Many are the accusations hidden within your missive. Many more are the charges that have been brought against you by others on this island.

While there is truth in the fact that Lord Badangel did assault a a target flying no banner, he was duly warned that after such assault he would be repaid a hundred fold. Regardless of a realms lack of afiliation with a great house, that realm still maintains a soverign right to defend it's borders by any means necessary.

I chose to deal with Lord Badangel as promised and sent my shadows into his realm with orders to leave none alive. They did this without fail, leaving no sign as they have been trained to do.

Lord Badangel ended his affiliation with The Grand Adepts and hoisted his own banner. Your realms then blatantly attacked my realm yet again, but this time it was not merely an affront to myself, but to my brothers and sisters as well, for now the banner of Ka-tet had been raised. This was inexcusable and we sent two of our warleaders into the lands of the Magus seeking blood for blood.

The Mark of the Magus then chose war with Ka-tet rather than pay for their crimes.

You ask for me to deliver myself into your hand? Has that not been done not once but twice already?

Whlie I wish no further bloodshed, Ka-tet will not even entertain such a request. We are justified in our action and will see it through. If the Mark of the Magus wishes peace, they must first prove it through action and cease all attacks upon the realms of Ka-tet and any other Bannered realm under the hand of Darden the Trickster.

Only this gesture of good faith will cause me to call my warriors from the field. Only then will Ka-tet consider sitting at the council fire to discuss an end to hostilities with the Magus.

Ka tet shall deliver unto the Magus what is delivered unto us.

Yiska sealed the scroll and sent his fastest runner into the heathens lands bearing his words.

Ka-tet
Yiska
Stablehand

Postby Taus Melek » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:33 pm

Taus Melek shook slightly at the outrages he was reading. Quickly he scribbled back a response.

Yiska, perhaps you don't think getting KILLED, watching your lands TOTALLY OBLIVERATED, watching your children and relatives DIE PAINFULLY is not enough of a repayment, I disagree.

I violently disagree.

I spitefully, hatefully disagree.

Badangel saw all his lands destroyed.

Then, you continued. I reacted. You continue.

It is not justified. You are clearly insane. I will pray to the gods. I will speak with the saints. This unfairness will end.

Taus Melek
Magistrate of Recruition
Taus Melek
Stablehand

Postby Wetii » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:54 pm

Wetii's youth betrayed her. She giggled as she read the missives left on the table. She thought to herself,
fools such as these should not be allowed to raise children ... if their sires are as mad as a march hares, then the poor babes were better off slaughtered in their sleep anyhow ...
She read further.

oh wait, here's a nice line.

quote:
---------------------------------------------------
watching your lands TOTALLY OBLIVERATED
---------------------------------------------------

maybe Taus Melek meant Oblivia -erated.

she snickered so hard on that one, snot shot out her nose.

Wetii took hold of herself and wiped her nose, chuckling again as she set the parchments back as Yiska had left them. She stepped quietly towards the door and whispered...

" Wetii protects all children... even if it mean I take their lives. "
Ka-tet
Protectress of the Children
Wetii
Stablehand

Postby Zanafien » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:09 pm

Zanafien stared down at the reports before him and shook his head. Again this kingdom had attacked him wantonly and without provocation, but this time he was no longer a member of The Grand Adepts. No, the leader of that particular Foret guild had wanted nothing to do with this Lord Taus when he found that the fellow was nothing but a troublemaker and had justly exiled him from their guild.

Zanafien had enlisted troops to recoup the loss of fifteen hundred acres of land in which Lord Melek had taken in a blatant land grab, and had left the misbegotten heathen alone afterwards. His eyes glanced once more to the reports before him and again it had been Taus at the head of the attacked, followed with obvious members from the guild where they now hid in an effort to gain some type of safety.

He read once more the missive this mongrel had sent to him after the attacks by his kingdom and allies. In summary it stated they would no longer attack his kingdom should he bow down before them, and they were at war currently. Yet, Zanafien had not attacked this Taus since regaining his lost lands from the first assault. Now, he unleashed veiled threats about leaving them be and they would do no more damage, if the lich allowed them to get away with the attack, otherwise, he would be the first realm they targeted. Odd, however, that he had already been fully attacked by this guild Mark of the Magus and now was expected to lay down and play dead.

Obviously, they were not so much at war with the guild of Ka-tet if they were able to use turns to attack a kingdom not in that specific guild, and all Zanafien could think was it was once again a case of this heathen making a grab for land, and bringing his friends into the equation.

“Gwidon, you are absolutely positive of these reports? There is no doubt these are the kingdoms that attacked us?”

The spy master shook his head. “There is no doubt, my lord. I had my scouts follow them back from where we raided them and gather information. Without a doubt, there was Lord Melek, Lord BadAngel and one other whose name we were unable to obtain, but we did confirm his troops holding a portion of the lands which once were under our banner.”

The Lich sighed, tired of this cat and mouse game. “I fear we have no real choice in the matter then. We can not allow them to attack our people without any type of punishment for their actions. How many peasants died in the attack? Thousands, from someone who claims to be at war, and then promises dire actions should we do anything about their attacks? I will not be threatened by the likes of such foulness, nor will I tolerate my people dying for nothing more than an egomaniac who has no regard for the politics of war. Tell our sorcerors to prepare themselves for war, call up the reserve troops and send a missive to Lord Link and the leader of Ka-tet to inform them of our decision. This Lord Melek is like an infection gone awry, bringing more cancerous kingdoms to his way of thinking which will plummet the isle of Maxim into an even worse state than she already is. It is time someone taught them a lesson, since Lord Taus seems to think he can continue with his misguided behaviour. Obviously, since he enjoys coming after our kingdom of scholars so much, it is time we showed him what we can do.”

“But Lord Zanafien, they are at war.”

His head snapped up giving the first look of anger. “If they were so much at war, how did they have time to take well over five thousand acres of my lands and killed thousands of peasants, not to mention those few troops we keep onhand!? You answer me that Gwidon, or anyone else that questions my decision. Otherwise, stay out of my way, for the sorcery of the ages shall rain down upon his kingdom like fires from the heavens, and there will be no reprieve. Let his guild then come for me, for I could careless, if it is foul creatures such as he I must deal with on this isle, I shall treat them like the wild worthless heathens they are. There are many on this isle which diplomacy works for, negotiations and treaties, but there comes a time when all else fails and you must resort to things you would prefer not to. You have your orders Gwidon.”

“What of the other realms that attacked us, lord?”

“We will deal with them when the time comes.”

The elven man nodded and left the room.
Chaotic Undead Mage
~It is often better not to see an insult than to attempt to avenge it.~
Zanafien
Stablehand

Postby Yiska » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:30 pm

Yiska crumbled the scroll and threw it to the ground near the dying fire. He paced the length of the camp for a time, before returning and summoning his warleaders to the stone circle.

This shall not be left alone. They shall not be allowed to continue. In our valley across the black waters, did our children not hunt the rats that infested the corn fields? We shall do the same to the vermin infesting this land. Evidently there is no reasoning with them.

The add more to their number every day. As these rats show themselves, you are to smite them. The time for mercy, forgiveness and understanding is finished. Hunt them in every cave, hole and wallow where they may hide.
Hunt them and kill them.

Yiska strode away to his lodge. His blade was sharp and his quiver full. This night he would take the field again. This night he would let heathen blood.

Ka-tet
Yiska
Stablehand

Return to Maxim Archive