The Dog Pound (DoW Recruit)

- Archive of the Guilds Game.

The Dog Pound (DoW Recruit)

Postby Blaze Draconis » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:36 am

Greetings one and all.

As the war between the faiths has begun, it is up to you to choose your side. There are many fine guilds of all faiths out there. If perchance you have an interest in the Dogs of War, I would like to tell you about this fine establishment.

The Dogs of War is one of the oldest (if not oldest in duration) guilds in the game. We serve under the banner of Leto since our beginnings in Monarchy, and have adapted through the changes of the early Canon and then adapting to Darden. With the change back to Leto, we have rejoicingly returned to our original faith.

The Dogs of War have also had a unique mentality within the guild. Quite a few guilds have a "must win" mentality. Here, in DoW, we have a more laid back focus on just having fun playing the game and building lasting friendships with each other. Most within DoW have been members for years.

Another policy I have is that real life comes first and foremost with each player. This guild helped me when I was in my time of crisis, and my desire is that this guild will be a place a player can turn to for support and friendship when they need someone to lean on.

This age we will be rekindling the RP aspect of the guild and will hopefully have a thread started soon. RP is not manditory for this guild, but is welcomed.

We also enjoy helping out new players get a feel for the game and would love the chance to do so. In the past, DoW has usually been a training ground for players and many have since moved on to better and more elite guilds. I would almost like to see who all still plays that had spent time within DoW at some point in their duration here.

As follows is our story...

-------------------------


"Gather round, pups, and listen to the elder. He's going to tell you a legend now..." The plump dog lovingly nudges her kennel into a close circle in front of the aging boxer. Terry will birth a new kennel soon. She is grateful for the few minutes of rest the elder is granting her.

"Legend indeed!" he says with a smile. When the pups are settled down Terry breaths a sigh and retires to her bed chamber. Eyes aglow, the old dog cheerfully begins to speak to the group, "This is the legend of your ancestry... a legend of before the gods walked among men, as they do now." His voice is coarse from age, but spoken with pride, strength, and precision. The sound of it fills the room. The frisky puppies suddenly focus their attention on the elder. "This is the tale, exactly as it was told to me by my elders, and told to them by their elders, for eons and eons. I now tell it to you so you may continue to pass it down through the ages."

(((((((((())))))))))

You feel a warmth flow through you as you sit... fascinated... spellbound. Listen now, and learn the story of...

-=The Dogs Of War=-

In the beginning, when Olandar was the supreme god, his law was delivered by several means. One of the instruments of Olandar's might was his Hell Kennel. The Hell Kennel was made up of fierce demon-dogs who would emerge from darkness to surround and devour those who had fallen from Olandar's grace. Mere mention of these demons would bring tears to the eyes of young and old alike.

For some time, it has been told that Olandar wanted very much to endow his most beloved but lazy son, Leto, with a sense of responsibility. Try as he might, Olandar could not inspire Leto to do anything that had a value to the world. All Leto wanted to do was to drink and play tricks on his brother and sister. He not care to concern himself with the matters of frail mortals. Olandar did not know what to do with him.

Then, one day, Olandar noticed Leto in the Hell Kennel. Leto had been planning to use a demon-dog to play a trick on his brother Barnabas, but found that the dog would instead play a trick on Leto! When Leto attempted to clasp the dog his hand would instead find thin air; the dog had encircled him as easily as water around a rock. Try as he might, Leto could not get the dog to do his bidding. This challenged Leto, and he admired the demon-dog (quite remarkable, as admiration was an emotion he rarely felt for any being other than himself). Olandar sensed the love Leto felt for the demon, and thought this must be the course he had been seeking for so long!

The Father of the Gods materialized in front of Leto and the playful demon-dog, thunder striking out in all directions, saying, [color=lime> "Leto, my son, I will not tolerate your disrespect for my Hell Kennel! How do you answer to this disgrace?" [/color]

Leto stammered, "I, I was just, just playing... Father, I would never..."

Olandar's heavy voice stifled Leto's pitiful whimpering, "As punishment, I command you to care for these animals for the rest of eternity! Your Father has spoken." And with that, Olandar transformed himself into fog and floated away on the wind, chuckling quietly to himself.

Leto thought for a moment about how his Father had misunderstood him. He did want to earn his Father's respect, but his attempts ended in disappointment after disappointment. He noticed the demon-dog looking back at him expectantly, waiting to play again. Leto's heart began to ache. He was feeling something he had never felt before. It was responsibility for something he loved. It was also the deep, inner knowledge that this would be the one task with which he could prove himself to his Father. Teary eyed and filled with a passion, Leto vowed an oath to watch over the demon-dogs for the rest of eternity, as his Father had commanded.

As the days passed, he watched over the Hell Kennel dilligently. He tended to all the mundane drudgery associated with keeping pets, cleaning their Kennel, feeding them, grooming them, letting them run, and his favourite - playing with them. He grew close to all the dogs and knew the subtle differences of each one's personality. They, in turn, began to obey his commands. They became more Leto's dogs than Olandar's.

So it was, until the dreaded day. It was the black day, the day that Leto's greedy brother Barnabas murdered the Father of the Gods! Leto was crushed by this. His one opportunity to prove himself worthy of his Father's love would now go unfulfilled. It was all for nothing. Enraged and lamenting, Leto was now desiring the blood of his brother Barnabas.

Leto's sister, Angelique, was equally disgusted by Barnabas' actions, although for her own reasons, which perhaps, Leto did not fully understand. Angelique saw Leto's pain, and her anger was increased ten-fold. They both conspired, and came to the agreement that they should cast Barnabas down from the Heavens.

They moved quickly to capture Barnabas, cornering him in the palace. Angelique thought that they were simply to banish Barnabas, but Leto had additional plans; he wanted Barnabas to suffer some of the pain he was feeling. Angelique saw the wicked smile on Leto's face and was confused.

A strange mist began to form at Barnabas' feet. It grew and circled his body. Then it rose toward Barnabas' face. His entire body was now engulfed by this strange black mist. As the mist began to take form, Angelique realized what Leto was doing. He had summonned the Hell Kennel to exact some form of additional torture on Barnabas. Mortified, she called to Leto, "Stop this at once! We have already decided what Barnabas' punishment is to be! You only agreed with me so you could do this, didn't you?" Leto turned to face his sister and just smiled.

Barnabas began to scream in pain and terror, "What is happening to me?"

Leto explained, "You have deprived me of the love of my Father, and now I deprive you of what you love. Oh, dear brother, look what your vanity and greed have earned you now!"

Angelique was infuriated with Leto's trickery. There was nothing she could do now but watch. The demon-dogs continued to take form from the mist, and Barnabas' face began to show. It was as if watching a reflection in a turbulent pond. Angelique pleaded with Leto, "Please, Leto, stop this now! He has done a terrible thing, but he is still our brother. Banishment is punishment enough!"

Seeing her disapproval, Leto's smile turned to a grimace. He turned to Barnabas and called to the demon-dogs. They instantly clustered together at Leto's feet.

Angelique gazed upon Barnabas in horror. Where there once was a handsome, youthful countenance now stood before them an abomination. The creature could be compared to no other animal under Olandar's creation. It was a sickening, pitiful sight. Barnabas trembled in anguish, not yet accustomed to his new form.

"What have you done to me? Why does my sister stare at me with that look upon her face?" Barnabas turned to Leto, "You! What have you done? I must know now!"

Leto and Angelique both made no effort to stop Barnabas as he shambled toward his dressing chambers. After a few moments they heard a frightening wail. Angelique cast scornful looks at Leto as they approached the room. Barnabas was in tears, crawling out into the main corridor. He looked up and saw Leto with the demon-dogs in his shadow. Eyes widening, he spoke slowly, deliberately, contemptuously, "You will pay for what you have done to me. Those dogs will pay too. You will all know the power of Barnabas."

A red light began to spread in the corridor. Barnabas was preparing to do something to the demon-dogs. Both he and Angelique knew of Leto's attachment to the Hell Kennel, and there would be no greater punishment than to take away what Leto had grown to love so.

Angelique realized what was about to happen, and could not bear the thought. After all, the dogs were guilty of only obeying their master. It would be a gross injustice to allow Barnabas to injure the dogs in order to punish Leto. Neither could she bear to let Leto's crime go unpunished. Perhaps he deserved to be separated from what he loved, as Barnabas had been separated from the visage he so admired. She would have to act quickly.

Angelique raised her arms high and summoned all her energy, then clapped her hands. The dogs vanished a fraction of a second before red flames shot forth from Barnabas' eyes. The flames obliterated a wall behind where the dogs had just been. Leto became enraged, believing that Barnabas had destroyed the dogs.

"I should have prepared for that. You had no respect for our Father, why should you respect his beloved Kennel? Now, I will kill..."

Angelique turned him aside, "It was I who removed the dogs from this place. They are safe. I have scattered them across the material plane. You have done enough damage, and things will be made right again. But first, Barnabas..."

And so it came to be, that the demon-dogs were cast out of the heavens, down to earth. At first, they wandered aimlessly. Centuries passed, and the dogs developed forms that better resembled those of mortals. They grew to enjoy the cultures of humans, elves, and goblins. They even began to enjoy the games of politics, and excelled at gaining positions of power. They loved battle, and began to call themselves the "Dogs of War". Ages passed, and they greatly enjoyed the scents of battle and the taste of their enemies' blood. Countless kindoms were appaled at their pugnacity, but could never break their spirit. This is because the dogs never forgot the one who cared for them. They never forgot their master, Leto, who they so loved and who loved them. They also never forgot the red one, the one who killed the Father of the Gods.

(((((((((())))))))))

"We remember our purpose to this day... To devour the unrighteous, who bring shame to the memory of Olandar." The elder's voice grows weak as he nears the end of his monologue. "Now all of you, you must never forget... This story is your heritage, and must be... preserved. It must be told, so we... may continue to remember... who we are... where we came from..." He suddenly cringes in pain, bringing his paws to his chest. The pups look on, confused at the startling change in his disposition.

"Remember..." His face relaxes, and he stares upward. He resumes speaking, but now in a calm and even tone. "My Lord, it is now time for me to return to thee. Bless these sweet pups. They are the future of our people."

His eyes turn glassy.

The elder dog is silent.
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Blu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:34 pm

The one and only guild I would come back for. Literally.

When I took my first hiatus away from the game DoW was still running. I think several ages later DoW also went on hiatus. When Blaze told me that he was bringing DoW back, I wholeheartedly joined the return (though I think I was a bit late :P). I stayed until I had to again take a hiatus again because of real life obligations. When I do return again it will be under the DoW banner.

DoW hasn't only been a guild to me, but an online family. It's the first guild I joined when I first played way back in Monarchy. And the only other guild that I had joined since then have all been offshots of DoW in other games. They taught me the game and encouraged me to post rp on the boards.

And even though I don't play currently. I always venture back to check on how DoW is doing. And when I'm zoned out at class doodling, half of the time, it involves concepts that I want to rp when I get back.

If you are a newcomer to the game, I recommend you get your feet wet here. They'll train you in every aspect of the game and help you find your niche.
Blu, DoW FOREVER!
INACTIVE ..for now
Kaos&Associates,Attorneys-at-Law "WE CARE because you pay us to."
Hybrid Movement. It's time to stop the hate.
User avatar
Blu
Stablehand
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dalesland

Postby Ferlinc » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:04 pm

Blu wrote:I stayed until I had to again take a hiatus again because of real life obligations.


Read as:
"I had too many mirrors to polish and my computer monitor was only semi-reflective."

:wink:
Covenant
Where the game becomes the story...
...and the story becomes the game.

rabid
User avatar
Ferlinc
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:49 pm

Postby Blu » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:11 pm

I tried to get a mirror tint for the screen, but the guys at the shop just looked at me like I was some type of weirdo. Can you believe that indignity!!!
Blu, DoW FOREVER!
INACTIVE ..for now
Kaos&Associates,Attorneys-at-Law "WE CARE because you pay us to."
Hybrid Movement. It's time to stop the hate.
User avatar
Blu
Stablehand
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dalesland

Postby Raknarak » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:46 am

Well, I did call in before you got there and warned them that you had a shoe fetish, so when you were asknig for the mirror tint, he got really worried.

*Blinks*

You had better hope we never meet IRL, I will so put some mirror tint on your monitor. *EG*

Gimme a little more time, Blaze, I might try to sneak back in. ;P
Lady Maven: "Rak is hot"

~Evernight's Best Villain~
User avatar
Raknarak
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: The Boring Unknown

Postby Gideon_Braver » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:59 am

There is always a spot for ya Raknarak. Plus they have been making me do scum and sorc things since youve been gone, you must come save me. As for any new people that wish to know about the DoW, I am probally one of the most post happy of the group and I pull few punches when I make my point known. This is the only guild I have been in and the only one I will ever be in. Its a fun group to be with and we may even be able to make ya a decent player, and there are no hard feelings if you decide to move on. Now all you have to do is decide if you would want to try out a fun and ancient guild out.
Gideon Braver of DoW
Alpha of DoW
User avatar
Gideon_Braver
Stablehand
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:12 am
Location: River of Blood

Postby Scipio Barbossa » Mon May 08, 2006 8:56 am

Greetings my Dogs of Leto... I am very much interested in joining your guild and relearning the art of war from the dogs of war. I was involved in Monarchy playing for several guilds. I served as AGM of Lx3, Officer of Arrow, and soldier of ISA. Unfortunetly, I have lost my skills and need trustworthy brothers to teach me the ways. I am honor bound to those that do. So what do you say?
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
User avatar
Scipio Barbossa
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:29 am

Postby Blaze Draconis » Mon May 08, 2006 9:10 am

welcome aboard :) We'll be happy to help you relearn the game and to punish some heathens for following the wrong faith!
Retired Alpha of the Dogs of War
President of the Canine Protection Agency
The Canine Insurrection Has Begun!
User avatar
Blaze Draconis
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Blu » Mon May 08, 2006 9:44 pm

well thy Lord of Mirrors have returneth, the Master of Manishsexiness has comeback... I believe a howl to the moon is in order!

(Or a whimper once you discover that my face time is very limited. :()
Blu, DoW FOREVER!
INACTIVE ..for now
Kaos&Associates,Attorneys-at-Law "WE CARE because you pay us to."
Hybrid Movement. It's time to stop the hate.
User avatar
Blu
Stablehand
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dalesland

Postby Scipio Barbossa » Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 pm

Great, i'm excited to be playing again with all my Leto brethren.
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
User avatar
Scipio Barbossa
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:29 am

Postby Kirnikon » Sun May 28, 2006 8:35 pm

*Taps foot*

Blu's keeping me out, isn't he? He's afraid his precious mirrors will show his true warped reflection once they have the pleasure of reflecting one such as myself.
The sexiest of DoW's Sexy 6

May or may not be the Sorcery Beta, let me get back to you. ;)
User avatar
Kirnikon
Stablehand
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Between the light and the dark, in the grey mists of memory

Postby Blu » Tue May 30, 2006 10:23 pm

Blu's mirrors would only become warped because of the Manishsexy hotness that emanates from Blu, unlike those which can only crack after witnessing the tragedy of Kirnikon.
Blu, DoW FOREVER!
INACTIVE ..for now
Kaos&Associates,Attorneys-at-Law "WE CARE because you pay us to."
Hybrid Movement. It's time to stop the hate.
User avatar
Blu
Stablehand
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dalesland


Return to Guilds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron