emoticon etiquette [npac]

- New Players Area for Canon.

Moderator: Voice Noob

emoticon etiquette [npac]

Postby Bundesbank » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:49 pm

New Player Area Club [npac] is back, and this time with a supplement on emoticon etiquette for the new player. Contained herein is Knowledge of the Ages (KotA), Intelligence (I), Raucous and Lacivious Behaviour (RaLB), Good Taste (GT), Rules of Capitalization (RoC), and the Immortal Rules of Posting (IRoP). despite the the similiarity of the acronym IRoP to "I Rope," there will be no hog-tying in this thread. if there is, that person shall be made to post once more, apologizing for their lack of KotA and I. though there may be RaLB in a thread, it should not contravene IRoP.

1. Lots of Emoticons: When is there too many?

As you've noticed, there are a lot of emoticons to choose from when making a post. They are as follows:

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :banghead: :crazy: :superevil: :finger: :beer: :slam: :fire: :monkey: :angry2: :angel1: :angel2: :angel3: :action1: :action2: :action3: :lol: :wink: :cool: :angry1: :angry1: :action4: :snm: :dood: :makeout: :burn1: :burn2: :guns: :ass: :whipme: :pissed: :reylan: :duel1: :horsie: :clap: :demmy: :usa1: :dog1: :pirate1: :violin: :violent1: :notme: :penguin: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :love1: :leif: :starwars1: :stupid1: :knight: :lamer: :reylan2:

NPAC has decreed that, congrous with I and KotA, there are not too many emoticons to choose from, and, therefore, you are hereby encouraged to use any which ones that you choose. On occasion, however, use of :dog1: should be moderated, as dogs can be run over during a time of RaLB by farmers, who may or may not be involved in hog-tying.

As well, there's one emoticon which is repeated in there. I did this intentionally. I bet you can't find which one is repeated.

2. Lots of Emoticons in a Row: When are There too Many?

Through the use of I, it is easy to determine when there are too many emoticons in a row.

13 is an unlucky number for most people who are superstitious, and is, therefore, the number from which we derive the basis for our judgment. If you are supersititious, you may not post a number of emoticons equal to or greater than 13 (as if you post 14 in a row, there are still 13 in a row).

For people who are not superstitious, or who are superstitious but do not believe 13 is an unlucky number, you may post any number of emoticons, except if the remainder of the number of emoticons divided by twenty is equal to zero. If you don't understand this IRoP, then you are perhaps lacking of KotA, and need to put I to good use.

Why twenty? Well, Noah was on the Ark for fourty days, and it wouldn't due to post a number of emoticons with a factor equal to half of fourty.

If there are other religious prohibitions that you think should be addressed with regards to this clause, refer to I and KotA, and ask yourself if I care.

3. Too much tongue; not enough raspberries?

Razz Makes me Think of Raspberries (RMmToR). Remember this rule. When linking to a :P emoticon, where the code is

Code: Select all
:P or :razz:

be sure to ONLY use the razz tag. This is important, as you can never have enough raspberries, but, as the ladies may tell you, sometimes when you're kissing them, there is such a thing as too much tongue. But if you're doing something else, down there, it may be for a, and in, GT, and, ergo, a wholly different matter; therefore, though it may contradict RaLB, it is in line with IRoP, which, as we have seen previously, supercedes RaLB.

4. Hog-tying and Emoticons: Are they Congruous?

As you may or may not have noted, I am a fan of the word congruous. I like saying it.

5. Emoticons & Hidden Meanings

Some emoticons have hidden meanings for some people. In fact, this is true for most people. Be careful how you use emoticons under certain circumstances.

For example, if someone has just made a subtle reference to sex, :twisted: means that they just took out the garbage, and it's dinner time.

If someone refers to a car, and immediately after the word car the emoticon :idea: is posted, it means that the game is on channel 9.

Here are some of the other emoticons for which there are hidden meanings:

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :banghead: :crazy: :superevil: :finger: :beer: :slam: :fire: :monkey: :angry2: :angel1: :angel2: :angel3: :action1: :action2: :action3: :lol: :wink: :cool: :angry1: :action4: :snm: :dood: :makeout: :burn1: :burn2: :guns: :ass: :whipme: :pissed: :reylan: :duel1: :horsie: :clap: :demmy: :usa1: :dog1: :pirate1: :violin: :violent1: :notme: :penguin: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :love1: :leif: :starwars1: :stupid1: :knight: :lamer: :reylan2:

7. Conclusion

We are no longer prepared to jeopardise our future just to defend manning practices agreed in 1919 when steam engines plied the tracks of the Grand Central Railway and the motor car had not yet taken over from the horse.

What has indeed happened it that now once again Britain is not prepared to be pushed around.

We have ceased to be a nation in retreat.

We have instead a new-found confidence—born in the economic battles at home and tested and found true 8,000 miles away.

That confidence comes from the re-discovery of ourselves, and grows with the recovery of our self-respect.

Margaret Thatcher had her own words of conclusion on Saturday, July 3rd, 1982, but I would like to conclude that use of emoticons was not dependent on the outcome of the Falklands war.

Its foundations lie in RoC, IRoP, RaLB, I, GT.

GG 8)
-die bankier
ich bin die bundesbank

WeeC | WTFPWND | NX | NPAC
officially endorses MoP's candidacy
Bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

Postby Kaz » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:13 pm

Too ... Many .... Smilies :banghead:

aaaarrgh!

*loses consciousness*
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Euphractus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:21 pm

Since when did Kaz become a pickpocket?
"He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils; for time is the greatest innovator."
Euphractus
Armadillo King

Postby Bundesbank » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:13 pm

i smell an even greater win with this thread with each new post.

euphractus, you are the npac Man of the Day!
-die bankier
ich bin die bundesbank

Bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

Postby Malignant Brute » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:24 pm

i found the repeated emoticon...but didn't read after that. :lol:
[center]"In between nowhere and good bye."
WTFPWND~DA~SOLO GM~LEH GM
RK AGM
DeadCell
[/center]
Malignant Brute
Journeyman

Postby Thantos » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:21 pm

haha i did the exact same thing jman...
retired LEH | DEAD CELL

Dancin' on da hood while Casper's drivin' - Ghost Ride Da Whip
:dood: :duel1: :pissed: :action3: :twisted:
Thantos
Squire

Postby Malignant Brute » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:37 am

yeah...bundes post was way too long for me. :(
RK AGM
DeadCell
[/center]
Malignant Brute
Journeyman

Postby Dante » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:18 am

Malignant Brute wrote:yeah...bundes post was way too long for me. :(

My silence should suffice :P
If Youre Not Smart You Better Be Strong
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are ~ Its our choices
Sucks To Be A Heathen
!~Kitasstrophy~! WeeC
Dante
Squire

Postby Malignant Brute » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:23 am

im not going to comment on that. oh and btw, i really hate you dante. :x
RK AGM
DeadCell
[/center]
Malignant Brute
Journeyman

Postby Thantos » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:34 am

you have a knack or opening yourself up to dante and his lil jabs don't you jman?
retired LEH | DEAD CELL

Dancin' on da hood while Casper's drivin' - Ghost Ride Da Whip
:dood: :duel1: :pissed: :action3: :twisted:
Thantos
Squire

Postby Dante » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:03 am

Thantos wrote:you have a knack or opening yourself up to dante and his lil jabs don't you jman?

oh god.
If Youre Not Smart You Better Be Strong
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are ~ Its our choices
Sucks To Be A Heathen
!~Kitasstrophy~! WeeC
Dante
Squire

Re: emoticon etiquette [npac]

Postby Bundesbank » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 am

npac represent.
-die bankier
ich bin die bundesbank

Bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

Postby Venus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:16 pm

i want whatever you were smokin when u wrote that

also. i cant believe i actually read the whole thing:P
Venus
Fervent
Venus
Soul of Barnabas

Postby owly » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Image :mrgreen:
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
owly
Master Knight

Return to New Players Area