RavenFire Island Part XVII (( Please PM to Join::: OPEN:::))

- Maxim Archive.

RavenFire Island Part XVII (( Please PM to Join::: OPEN:::))

Postby Tiamat » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:57 am

OCC: Please PM me if you would like to join the thread. I will send the boat over to the mainland to pick you up.

You notice as you wait around in the dock area a few long piers. At the beginning of the furthest pier you see a large sign. The large sign states that a boat will take you to an Island retreat run by the Lady Ravenfire of CRoW. As you walk to the end of the pier, you see a small booth with another sign of it. This sign states the rules of the Island. You read as follows.

The rules are very simple.

1. Weapons will be left check before stepping onto the boat and they will be returned when you return back to this very pier.

2. There will be NO disorderly conduct permitted on the island. This will be strictly enforced. You will be thrown into the water and allowed to swim back should you break this rule.

3. Remember...this is a place to relax and mingle with other people. Leave your faith on the pier and pick it up with your weapons when you leave.

4. HAVE FUN! (Strictly enforced also)

A young man comes around the booth and asks you if you would like to travel to the island.

Hello there, I am called Relor. Would you like to visit the Island? It is very beautiful and very peaceful. I hear there is a lot to do there to relax if that is what you wish. If you do want to board the ship, please let me know, as I will call it over from the Island. It would be here very shortly.

The only Exception to this is if it is night on the Island. Then you would have to stay on the mainland till the morning when the boat would come to pick you up.
For the Queen in my life My love in TBXena[
Proud memeber of~~~~CRoW~~~~INCA~~~~Tiavain~~~and now~~~MoS~~~
Tiamat
Peasant

Postby Kaileah » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:20 am

A smile crossed Kaileah's lips as he spoke of his dream. It puzzled her somewhat that he was unable to move. She wished she was versed in dreams but that had not been one of her talents. What kind of concerned her about it was the woman had eyes like hers and he was not able to move. Kaileah worried that maybe she frightened him with her opening up to him last night. She did not mention what he said of the dream.

Yes, breakfast would be good Zanatos. I do seem to be quite hungry. Since I really don't know what there is do here, I will leave it up to you as to what we do. She grinned. You would be my personal tour guide. oh my, that didn't sound right. I am sorry Zanatos.

She blushed and was embarrassed by what she had said. If he had been flushed when he came out she had not noticed. She was to worried about what she had said.
Kaileah
Stablehand

Postby TJ Deamons » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:56 am

He felt her stir and he smiled. He was looking at her and saw her eyes open slowly. Then he saw her smile and that did it for him he listened to her he leaned and kissed her softly and held her close to him against after letting her stretch out.

Morning, Tyihel. I am sorry that I surprised ytou. Don't be sorry I think its rather cute. You were sleeping rather soundly so I can undersand that. Hey I could think of no better reason to be still in bed then not wanting to move from laying here with you. You are beautiful whether you are awake or asleep.

He smiled his hand went up and touched her cheek gently. He woke up happy and he was happy just laying there holding her. He thought of her words last night wondering if she even remembered saying that to him. He looked at her and saw the sparkle in her eyes and he leaned and kissed her forehead and then rested his head near hers. He smiled and he nuzzled her gently. He was content just laying there but he was sure it was a little late, he really did not want to move.

I really dont want to move from this warm spot or from being here with you but I am not sure if you are hungry or not. I also do not know if you had anything that you wanted to do today?
TJ Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Kayli » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:01 am

What you are havng sounds fine Relor. I at one point had managed to save a little money, when he would send me into town on errands and would tell me to get something for lunch and allowed me a certain amount I would put that money aside. Then when I left that is part of the money I helped to use to hide but none would allow me to buy better clothes without my master there. Then I found my way to a wonderful city but he found me there and people there stopped him. I guess what I am getting at is you have already done so much I cant let you pay for breakfast as well.
Kayli
Stablehand

Postby Relor » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:16 am

Ah do not be worried, I have had so little chance to spend any amount of time with someone that I will be honored to pay. Please keep your money for other things, it will serve you alot better then to pay for this meal. Jessica, oh Jessica... A woman came over from in behind the counter. We will have the bacon and eggs with toast please. and I think that we would like a glass of orange jus from the Island. Yes that would be nice as well.

Jessica nodded her head and went to give the order to the cook. It did not take long and Jesica was back with the breakfasts for them both. It was almost a routine as Relor always went in at the same time and the cook knew this, Si his breakfast was almost always on the fire when he waked in the door to the inn.

Ah thank you Jessica, hummm smells good. Well lets eat up before anyone comes to the pier and we have to leave. Relor dove into his plate, and ate with hartiness.
Relor
Stablehand

Postby Zanatos » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:28 am

Zanatos chuckled, it would seem that any time that either of them spoke, there was always something awkward that came from there mouth. It must be love, of some kind that was making them do this. As Zanatos came from behind the silk screen he looked at Kaileah and sure enough she had a nice rossy color on her cheeks. At least she had not noticed his.

Well then breakfast it is and then I thought that maybe we could go the the north side of the Island on a pic nic. The volcano is on that side and I think that Arrnek is going to attenpt to climb it today.

If you would like we could climb to the first plateau and eat there. I have heard that that part of the climb is not difficult at all. It takes about two to three hours to get to the plateau and then we could set up for the pic nic there.

They had walked all the way to the food hut hand in hand. Zanatos had not even let Kaileah get a word in edge wise. It was another beautiful day on the Island and he had nothing to do but to relax. This would be very different then his everyday routine. And thus fare just sleeping in kinda made his day.

Yvette was already in the food hut, thee was Samual, triston and a few otehr servants but other then that no guests had yet arrived for breakfast. Oh well maybe sone enough there would be some people.
[center] As the night glides past those that sleep.[/center]

[center] I stay awake observing the heavens for a sign of things to come.[/center]
Zanatos
Stablehand

Postby Kaileah » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:55 pm

Kaileah hoped he hadn't noticed how much she was blushing. She seemed to be doing that a lot lately. She wasn't sure why. She just seemed to keep saying things the wrong way. Kaileah smiled as Zanatos spoke of taking a climb for a picnic. She looked at what she was wearing and thought, maybe if they decided to do that, she would have to change into something more suited to a climb. He had taken her hand as they walked. Each time their hands met it was so overwhelming for her. She couldn't seem to be able to keep her barriers intact around Zanatos.

Yes, I would like a picnic, but I think I would need to change into something a bit more suited for climbing. I am not to sure this dress would work well for that. Then anyplace you would like to go. She looked at him and smile. Then anything you would like to do would be fine with me. I do so enjoy spending time with you.

She tried to keep from blushing again but it just wasn't happening. She let her hair fall across her face, trying to hid her blush. As they entered the food hut she was smiling brightly and nodded to the others there. Kaileah was most definitely walking on cloud nine. Each time she would look at Zanatos her icy blue eyes sparkled so brightly. The smile never seemed to leave her lips. Yes, Kaileah was in love.
Kaileah
Stablehand

Postby Zanatos » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:22 pm

Zanatos looked back at KAileah as she entered the food hut. He hair was in her face so he gently lifted away from there. He saw a smile so bright that it could have blanketed out the brightest starts at night. Her eyes lit up as he removed the hair as well. There was nothing that he could do to resist the urge of kissing her then and there.

He bent down towards her and kissed her soft ruby red lips. Everything seemed to excite him this morning, nothing seemed exactly right not being at the head of the Island. But this was no time to think of this.

He took the same table that they had sat in last night at the banquet. Yvette was already having some breakfast at the other table that she had been in the night before.

Good morning Yvette, I trust that you slept well enough last night. Yes I did Zanatos, t'was a wonderful night to just lay in my hammock and stare at the stars above. The breeze came from the south, so the air was nice and warm. I feel asleep outside an awoke this morning bright and early.

You are the lucky one this morning having such beautiful company.
Yvette, do not be naughty HEHEHE You are such a hoot sometimes, I never know what will come out of your mouth the next time you open it.

So where were we, yes the climb up the volcano. Well From what I hear, this part of the climb is more like a leasurly walk up a slope. there are alot of bends so as there are no real steep inclines. "Tis the easiest part of the climb of the volcano. So I think that you will be alright with what you are wearring.

Hmmm makes me thing we have not yet ordered breakfast and here I am talking about the climb. What would you like for breakfast Kaileah?

[center] I stay awake observing the heavens for a sign of things to come.[/center]
Zanatos
Stablehand

Postby Kayli » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:45 pm

She smiled and thanked the woman who brought the food and she ate it. She had been hungry she had not really eaten much since being in Tiavain and she looked at Relor. When she finished eating she looked at him again.

Thank you Relor, you are right the food is good. I do thank you for treating me to breakfast. And spending time with you has been my pleasure you make me feel safe. I mean yeah,I feel safe around you and on the pier.

She had blushed when she was talking. What was wrong with her she usually was not that open with what she was thinking.
Kayli
Stablehand

Postby Relor » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:53 pm

It was my pleasure M'lady. I do not have much use for money. Working for Lady RavenFire and Lord Tiamat have been the most filling experiences of my life. The money that they give me I give away most of the time to the people thatI find need it the most. I always keep some around for myself so that I can eat and have some drinks in the evening when the boat does not travel to the mainland.

Now that we have finished our breakfast would you like me to call the boat over so that you may get to the Island?

They stepped outside the inn and made there way to the pier. Lady Kayli had not said a word yet if she wanted Relor to call the boat over.
Relor
Stablehand

Postby Kaileah » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:54 pm

Kaileah caught her breath as Zanatos kissed her. Her hand went to his cheek. She was so happy and his kiss spread a warmth through her. She couldn't stop smiling, even while he kissed her. She had never in her life known such happiness. It was all she could do to take her eyes off him and speak to Yvette.

Good morning Yvette. I am glad to hear you rested well last night. Kaileah blushed again when she told Zanatos how lucky he was. She thought she was going to have to do something about all this blushing. She tried once again to hide her blush behind her auburn hair.

I am glad to hear that this will be fine to wear Zanatos. I nice walk up to the plateau would be wonderful and I would bet that the view from up there is beautiful. I will be made even more delightful with the company I shall be in. I think I will have some eggs scrambled and bacon lightly cooked. Maybe a couple pieces of fruit. Oh my, I am hungrier then I thought.

Kaileah was still smiling. If she didn't stop smiling her face would be hurting by the end of the day. She reached across the table and placed her hand over his. She shivered slightly as they touched. Whatever was she going to do about her barriers. She laughed lightly. Zanatos surely would be wondering about that laugh.
Kaileah
Stablehand

Postby Kayli » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:00 pm

She looked at him she really was enjoying the time with him.

You said you never venture on to the island? I am rather enjoyin my time here unless I am holding you up I would like to spend some more time on the pier that is if you would not mind. I like talking to you Relor you are a nice person to talk to. If I knew I would be seeing you on the island I would be tempted to go to the island now, i hope you are not upset that I would like to spend time on the pier. I know you said you dont get much company.

She looked at him again her face turned red it seemed she kept speaking things aloud that might be better left as somethign not to be spoken. She closed her eyes feeling foolish and not wanting to look to see if he was laughing at her or something.
Kayli
Stablehand

Postby Zanatos » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:18 pm

Humm that sounds quite nice for breakfast. I will have the same Triston, but I will also have two pieces of french toast please. Oh and triston, if you could could you pack up two lunches to go. We are going to the first plateau of the volcano.

Yes Zanatos, but could you tell me what the attraction is with the old volcano. It seems to me that everyone is going there today. Lord Arrnek has already left to go there, I am not sure, but I think Lady Cam'Brel went with him as well. I will bring you your breakfasts as soon as Samual has them done. I will prepare a lunch for you both for the plateau.

Triston left to go to the kitchen and left Kaileah and Zanatos alone.

Well now that this is out of the way, what would you like to know about the Island or me or what every you would like to talk about.

Humm I guess that I did not make alot of sence there.

Zanatos
Stablehand

Postby Relor » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:40 pm

Well you are right Lady Kayli, I do not get to go to the Island very often. My post is here on the pier where I keep it clean and await for newcommers to the Island. Jsut as you are a newcommer, I will great everyone the same. 'Tis in my nature to be polite and have the gab to go with it.

You are so sweet to want to stay with me, but one thing that would scare me is if that man came looking for you and that I could not protect you. There is no way to make a life on the pier. We would have to venture off the pier once in a while and there I would not have the spirit of RavenFire Island to protect you .

Can you imagine just how devistated I would be if he took you. You told me that he was mean to you and never treated you right. You haave an oppertunity to start a new life if you go to the Island. There I know that you would be safe.

I am not trying to get ride of you if that is something that may have crossed your mind, it is just that I would not any harm to delt to anyone. I hate violance; well as long as you stay on the pier or close enough to it I would love to have your company.
Relor
Stablehand

Postby Kayli » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:50 pm

She looked around and she nodded.

I would not go far at all I can usually tell when he is around. I would just be worried he woudl try to harm you. He was stopped from getting me in Tiavain and all so I am not sure if he is still after me. Yes he was very cruel that is what i think about when I am asleep at times. Though it did not last that long. I just was thinking I am sure there is plenty of people on the island that you have no one to keep company with and if I did go I would not see you again until after I came back. I did not realize though that your conversation and all was just things you do with just anyone so maybe you should call for the boat Relor.

She was confused and she moved from him. He confused her then again she did not know much. She know you follow what you are told otherwise you get a beating she learned that at an early age.
Kayli
Stablehand

Postby Kaileah » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:58 pm

Well you told me, if I recall correctly, that you have been here about a year. What did you do before you came to the island? If you don't want to talk about that it is all right. To be quite honest Zanatos, I would like to know everything about you.

She smiled and hoped that he didn't mind that she wanted to know about his life before the island. She wanted to know everything about him. His likes and dislikes. What he wanted out of life. If he wanted a family. Had he loved before. All the questions wondered though her mind in a matter of seconds.

I know I have told you some about me. Is there something else you would like to know about me? Though there is not much to tell. Leans in close to him and whispers, unsure is she should, but she couldn't help it. I do love you Zanatos. I hope you don't mind me telling you that. Her icy blue eyes had a mischievous glint in them as she kept smiling at him.
Kaileah
Stablehand

Postby Tyihel~ » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:28 pm

She like the feel of his hand against her cheek. It made her feel special and happy. If what she was feeling was love, then yes she was in love with this man. She didn't care what they did or where they went, she just wanted it to be together. They had slept in the same bed together. That had shocked her alone, without him telling her the other things. She blushed, she couldn't seem to help it.

I think some breakfast would be nice. That is if they are still serving breakfast. As for what to do today, I don't know. What would you like to do?

She snuggled close to him. She was enjoying just being close to him. His kisses where intoxicating. Just having him close made her feel... she thought for a few moments. She wasn't sure what it was making her feel. She just knew it made her feel good. She reached up and touched his cheek softly, smiling.

In search of inner peace
In a world full of turmoil
Tyihel~
Stablehand

Postby Zanatos » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:32 pm

Zanatos smilled when she leaned into him and told her that she loved him. There was a sertain feeling a warmth that passed throughout his bod as she told him this. It was not the first time that he had heard these words, but it was the first time that he honestly believed that the person saying those words ment them.

Well my life before I came to the island was somewhat different then here. I had loved and had been betrayed many times by what I will call Vixens. They were only after the money, the land the keeps that I had. I vowed never to let that happen again. I sold everyting I had to restart a life that was new. Somewhere where things did not matter as much to the comon people.

I went from town to down doing things for Lords and Ladies alike. You know just something so that I could have a few measly pieces of silver so I could afford a comfortable inn and a good meal. I happened by the pier that you were on that announced RavenFire Island. It mentioned that faiths were not an issue, that weapons were not aloud on the Island and nothing but fun. So I decided to come here and see for myself what it was all about.

I did not do much when I arrived on the Island. I mostly walked on the beach that you see before the hut. I would play in the water and meet the people as they came down from the boat. I liked doing that so much that I started to be there every time that a boat would dock to meet the new people comming to the Island. Lord Tiamat noticed that I was there every time and listend to me talk to the new commers.

Tiamat started to talk more and more to me until one day he asked me if I would like to do this all the time. The boats would be mine to run as I pleased. As long as I was good to the people that came over, he had no problem with this and left me in charge of this area. Again a few more months went by and he had never had a complaint about my work. I was getting along very well with the rest of the servants so he asked me to run the Island while he went exploring the rest of it. He wanted to know more about the island as well.

So I accepted his offer and have been running the Island for him for a little less then a year now.

Samual had kept the breakfasts in the back while Zanatos talked to Kaileah. He had made sure that the food was still hot, but if he did not get it there soon, it would be cold. So he sent Triston over with the plates.

Zanatos, Lady kaileah, here are your breakfasts. Please enjoy them . Oh and Samual made sure to give you that sirup that you like so much Zanatos.

Triston placed both plates on the table and went over to were Yvette was.

Zanatos
Stablehand

Postby Spiritum Ravenum Fiaro » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:03 pm

Relor, I know that you can hear me, yet your lady friend cannot. I know that you are a loyal servant to the Island. Let it be known to you that as long as your lady friend is on the pier or anywhere within ten feet of you she shall be protected by the Island magic. You do not have to tell her if you do not want to, but rest assured that you will be able to protect her with my help.

One more thing, you cannot go more then fifty feet away from the pier or then I cannot help you at all. You will be on your own. So have fun for now you deserve to have a little of it yourself.
Spiritum Ravenum Fiaro
Stablehand

Postby Kaileah » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:07 pm

Kaileah listened intently as he told her of his life before coming here. It made her sad that he had been betrayed so many times by other women. It made her think whether she had been so bold as to have told him that she was in love with him. The last thing she wanted was for him to think she was looking for anything other then love.

Zanatos was so well traveled not matter what else that had happened. Here she was, the furtherest from home she had ever been was to the school where they refined her healing and empathic abilities. She wondered if she would be interesting enough for him. She had not seen the world like he had.

She could understand how he felt about working here at the island. After all she had pretty much found the same pleasure in greeting the people as they arrived. Not only had it given her time to spend with him, but she was able to see kind of how the island worked. She thought back to the night before and how just thinking about what she wanted when the returned to her hut, had made it happen. Just as he finished speaking Triston came over with their food,

Thank you Triston. It all looks wonderful. Please when you go to the kitchen again, thank Samual for me a well.

I am sorry Zanatos, to hear that you had such bad fortune in the past. It seems to me that you found the right solution. I am glad that you found your way here. I am glad that I found my way here as well.

Kaileah continued to smile at Zanatos. She just couldn't keep from smiling. Her icy blue eyes continued to sparkle with delight. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. It was all she could do, not to reach out and hold his hand again. He was all she had been able to think of since she had arrived at the island.
Kaileah
Stablehand

Postby Relor » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:13 pm

Relor was surprised to hear the voice of Ravenfire in his mind. He had never enven thought it was possible for someone within his position to hear it. He had heard that lord Tiamat had spoken to it, but other then that.. Oh yes there was that lady that fled the boat just a few weeks ago, kinda called the Island haunted.

I did not mean to hurt your felings before with what I said. I was only trying to think of you and that evil man. But rest asured that I have reason to believe that if you want to stay with me on the pier or even around the area, no one is going to harm you. I am sure that if I understand this right, we can go up to fifty feet away from the pier and nothing can happen to you.

So if you still wish to stay with me, then it will be a veery big pleasure. But if you perfer to go to the Island I understand as well.
Relor
Stablehand

Postby Kayli » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:24 pm

She smiled looking at him and listening to him.

You did not hurt my feelings I just did not know if I was keeping you from things at all. I would like to spend some time here with you if it would not bother you. You are the first person I have truly felt comfortable around. I do not know why it is but it is. It would be my pleasure to stay and spend sometime with you.

She was blushing she could feel the redness creeping up to her face hoping that he would not notice it at all. Could someone miss something that red?
Kayli
Stablehand

Postby Relor » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:59 pm

'Tis alright, I have nothing to immediate to do. As you can see there are not alot of people that are rushing to go to the Island. I hope that it picks up a bit thought. There is so much to do there and the peopel would have a wonderful time. Ah well If you decide to go you will see what I mean. I will send word to Lord tiamat to see if I cannot come back on the last boat to the Island and have a fine meal with you there.

If you want to you can come back with me the next morning, that is if the Island has not seduced you into staying there.

I wonder if more people will finally come to the Island.
Relor
Stablehand

Postby Zanatos » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:09 pm

Ah it is not your fault that I have had a bad past, so I do not understand why you would be sorry about it. It you had been part of it, then I could understand but you were not. You are part of my present and my future. At least I hope that you will be part of my future, I would like that very much.

That is something that I can really appreciate for now, the time spent with you is just truely incredible.

Zanatos took another bit to eat and could not believe tha flavor that came from the bit of food. He looked at Kaileah and brought hand over the table. he touched Kaileahs hand and his sences went wild.

Zanatos
Stablehand

Postby Kaileah » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:36 pm

I just feel bad that someone as wonderful and caring would be taken advantage of. You deserve so much more.

Kaileah blinked as Zanatos spoke of her being part of his future. Had she really heard that right. She had tried not to think of the future. She had hoped, and maybe daydreamed a bit. Her heart was racing, the joy that had touched her soul was almost unbearable. This man, had touch her in ways she never thought possible. It was not the physical touching, but the spiritual connecting that she felt. The emotions were running so high she could hardly control them.

I have cherished every minute we have spent together Zanatos. They have been like gifts from the Gods.

Kaileah watched him, taking in every inch of his face. She did not see him reaching for her hand. She might have be able to soften the rush of her raw emotions from hitting him so hard. It frighten her a bit when she saw the look on his face and in his eyes when they went pouring through him.

Zanatos! Are you ok? I am so sorry. She tried sending calming emotions to him.
Kaileah
Stablehand

Next

Return to Maxim Archive