by Sarabella » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:42 pm
Whatever he was up to Sarabella wasn't going to question it, not until it was completely over. She would expect that Jackson would tell her everything soon enough, but only when he thought it was safe to afterall he knew how she abhorred secrets now and if they were going to have a life together, they had to be honest with one another did they not? So it was that they went to Iallia and Sarabella did take a nice long shower, she needed it to get the knots out of her shoulders and the tension from her body anyway so who was she argue? When she was through and dressed she was sent for by the Queen and was told to meet with her in the Great Library. Sarabella loved Kaynes library. When she was a little girl she would spend countless hours lost in the neverending stories written on the pages of the tomes that caught her attention. One of her favorites was the histories written chronicling the lives of Iallias royal family. Kaynes parents were remarkable people with an amazing story. Kaynes father, the Prince of Iallia had fallen in love with the Captain of Iallias Guard and the rest just fell into place. It was sad that they died when Kayne was still a wee one but such was the way of it in the world. Entering the library she found the Queen sitting in one of the oversized chairs that Sarabella used to lose herself in and she went and sat in the chair opposite of her.
You sent for me Majesty?
Kayne smiled at her, reached over and took her hand.
That I have precious. First I want to tell you how happy I am to see you. I have been so worried for you Sara, and knowing you are here, safe... that Nala is safe...
Kayne chuckled a little at Saras reaction to the mention of Nala.
Do not forget who I am precious Princess, and remember who my Aunt was... it is how would you say... our business to know what others think are deep secrets, don't worry, no one else knows where the little lady is. I was told as a precaution no more no less. Now wipe that horrified look from your face and let me finish what I was saying.
Sarabella exhaled and sank back into the chair. Of course Kayne would know, Pallia was one of Iallias greatest allies, in fact it had been Queen Isolde, Kaynes Aunt herself who had worked with Kiara Jade to return the former NewPort Cove to it's rightful place in the Royal Nations with it's rightful name in tact.
My apologies godmother, I have been a little on edge as of late.
Kayne patted her hand.
Of course you have dear one, how could you not be? For now though, try to find some peace Sarabella, everything is pretty much out of your hands at this point. That's another reason I called you here. I wanted to let you know that I have taken over the transition from Zuri. She is on her way to Pallia for some much needed rest , which means that I would say in about... oh a week... you will be free to marry your farm boy... though Jackson Shadow looks nothing like farm boy if you ask me... and you will have your life. You have to remember something though Sarabella, you may not be Queen soon but you will always be a Princess as will Nala. Now my precious... I believe you have a godfather to see, and I am sure that Zane and James will both be happy to see you, that is if they can bring themselves to spend just a few moments away from those lovely mages that have them so enthralled.
Sarabella watched the Queen leave the library, and she stayed right she was. For the time being Sarabella was content to lose herself in whatever tome caught her eye. There would be time to catch up with her "cousins" later. She read for a little while in the library and then decided the shower wasn't enough. Taking the tome Sarabella made her way back to her rooms and drew a bath putting a few drops of lily oil in the water, stripped down and settled into the tub. Every bit of apprehension she felt right down to the tiniest sliver melted away and she lost herself once again in the book she had brought with her. Sometime later a noise from the door caught her attention and when she looked up she saw Jackson looking a little fierce and a little bit bloody. The book fell into the water and she was on her feet, out of the tub wrapping her robe around her and almost slipping when she slid across the floor in her haste to get to him.
What the hell happened to you? Jackson Shadow are you alright? Let me get healer...