Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:06 am

You know that your parents would never truly ban you as this is your home. I know it was Astrid's plan but she did not have to twist your arm or anything to go along with it. I know that there has been a big mess since this has happened. I know you have not been able to come there which is why I keep coming here. Though you being banned from here would not be so bad because then I would get to see you every day. I know this is your parents house and damn straight I am getting into bed with you.

He laughed and leaned and kissed her deeply, she wanted to know how much she was missed he was going to damn well show her how much she was missed. Somethings did not need words to go along with them, and this was one of the times when he did not think there would be words to go along with how much he missed her. He continued to kiss her deeply wrapping his arms around her.

You know I am starting to think that I missed you more than you missed me. I wonder what an elven princess would do with just a common man that she missed. I wonder how she would show him that he had been missed.
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 am

Oh no...no, no, no, no.
Ardis kept repeating the word trying not to laugh too loud considering the sun was just rising and the last damn thing she wanted to do was created any more noise that would bring anyone running. So they had gotten a little carried away and somehow, someway... some how some way my ass Ardis thought, you know exactly how it happened... she and Phillip managed to not just break her dresser, but it was now pretty much nothing more than a pile of broken wood. She shot a scowl in Phillips direction at the same time the pounding on her chamber doors started and he started laughing.
Princess are you all right?
Scrambling to find her robe she called out to the guard at the door.
I'm fine...
She ran across her bed, jumped down and kept going until she reached the door. Waving at Phillip to be quiet she opened the door a crack.
See Gideon... I'm fine...
He looked at her skeptically and she just wished he would go away.
Truly... well you won't mind if I come in and take a look around then just to be sure.... you know how our King has been about the safety of his family since the Queen had been taken...
Ardis looked at him like he was insane and she didn't catch the gleam in his eye because she was too busy shaking her head.
I understand your concerns but I think I would know if there were any unwanted visitors in my own chambers Gideon... if you are worried about what his Majesty will say, I will speak to him and inform him that you were prevented from doing your duties on my orders...
The man shook his head at her and she was ready to choke him. He looked over the top of her head then back at her.
Very well then princess, if you say it isn't necessary then I will do as you have said... please remember though highness, it is barely dawn and while it may be customary in Pallia for her people to rise with the moon... Lord Ryder is not in Pallia so I am sure that those still sleeping would appreciate a little quiet yes?
Ardis' jaw dropped and her eyes went wide then she started laughing.
You are wretched Gideon truly.
The man grinned at her and tilted his head in a slight bow.
Goodnight Darren...
Ardis closed the door laughing, looked at Phillip then tackled him down to the floor kissing him deeply.
I think this might be the safest place for us to be right now... now where were we?....
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:08 am

He watched her dealing with Gideon and could barely keep his laughter under control. He watched her grinning at her at her when she was on her way back when she tackled him. He looked up at her and kissed her.

Oh I think we were about to see just how much trouble that we can get in. Considering you broke the dresser. I am kind of curious how you are going to explain needing a new dresser to your parents.


He laughed and kissed her again and he was holding his arms around her.

As far as where we were, we were at the point where you were showing me just how much you missed me. After all you have not come to see me at all for the reasons that you said but still.

He grinned at her he loved to tease her, he was more comfortable with her than he had ever been.
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:35 am

He had fallen asleep while waiting for her, and like many nights that he slept alone different things invaded his dreams. His rest started to become uneasy. He was at the shop when he walked out with his son Riley. That is when from where they were they could see the flames. The flames that were consuming the house where they raised their children and had built their family. He was starting to sweat as he headed for the house. Calling her name as he was running for the house. It was the dream that played every night leaving him not able to really rest. He kept trying to tell himself that she was ok. He woke up sweating and looking around.

Katie...

His eyes went to her his eyes were filled with tears and he reached out for her. He was shaking as he sat up looking to her
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Nothing in the world existed when Katie was doing what she loved, her art had been everything to her before that day, the day that she met Equinox Lockheart, and after that her entire life changed. Overnight everything just changed and since then she knew love that only a small portion of the world would ever know, she lived a life that she could freely admit was charmed, and that life, her life with Quinn and their children, that became everything. Her everything was now sitting up looking at her like he wasn't sure if she was real or not and she looked back at him setting the sketch of him sleeping down at the foot of the bed. She moved from the end of the bed to be beside him, the worries she would have normally had about the cold he would feel from her were gone, Katie had fed very well that night and she knew she was now warm, but those were details best kept to herself. Katie wrapped her arms around him nuzzling his neck truly astounded at how he smelled to her, it was unexplainable and the only word she could think of was perfect. Katie was also extremely grateful that when she was reborn, she did not suffer as Tierney had, she had not been stricken with the powerful bloodlust that had consumed Tierney and kept her from TJ for so long. With her head against his neck she caressed his cheek with a warm hand and whispered to him lovingly.
No tears my Quinn, I'm here. Nothing can hurt either of us anymore. It's all right honey.
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cori Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:04 pm

You know darlin' you can't put the entire blame for what your daughters did on them...
This time Cori stretched out along the length of Paynes body, absentmindedly her fingers lightly traced his collarbone and she had an imp like smile on her.
I accept part of the blame you know... when push comes to shove... they have more of me in them than we realized... which in turn could be blamed on Mama Rayne... so it's her fault too. What I am trying to say is we've had enough anger and upsets to last us a lifetime...
Her mouth replaced her fingers, she kissed his warm skin breathing in his scent giving silent thanks that his accident wasn't any worse than it had been and she asked the gods to help her out just a little with getting Payne to ease up just a bit with their twins.
They know they were wrong and you have every right to be disappointed in them but think about this while your laying here Payne... before this little fiasco of theirs... have your daughters ever done anything like this before? Think how many times they have actually done anything to really disappoint either of us? I can't think of any other time really, so with that being said... maybe if you just talk to them those butterfly kisses can be a cure for all that is wrong between the three of you.
Her mouth moved from his collarbone then to his neck, she left behind a trail of warm kisses until she reached his mouth and she looked intently into the dark eyes that were shining, in those eyes she saw the Payne that had been absent for such a long time. Her lips brushed against his lightly and she shook her head chuckling a little while she moved his hand from her backside.
Oh no Majesty... you said you wanted to get out of here... you keep doing things like that and we won't be going too much of anywhere at all.
User avatar
Cori Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:22 pm

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and knew I wasn't alone even before I turned over... turned over... that right there made me suspicious... with burns like I had there was no way I should have been able to even blink without it feeling like I was being stabbed with a hot poker. But there it was, I could move, there was some pain but it was nothing compared to how I had felt when I first woken up from my long sleep. Even with going through all that I had who in the hell can sleep for as long as I did? Apparently anyone who is under the care of Mathias the Healer and his magics. Magics... heh... I can't tell you how long it's taken me to be completely comfortable with the arcane... but we all do what we have to don't we? Anyway I turned over and saw Mathias sitting up asleep in the chair next to my bed. Have I told you before that the man has the looks to stop anyones heart? If they were the kind that went on looks alone anyway. Yeah he sure is something to look at but there is alot more to him than just that face you know. Okay so I'm not here to start singing the praises of the healers finer attributes, at least not yet. So I was watching him sleep and trying to figure out just how he managed to ease all that pain to the point where I was actually comfortable and moving was bearable when I noticed just how uneasy he looked. This bothered me. Would you believe that I was actually able to sit up? It hurt but I could handle it, so I sat up and yes I did get a little dizzy but after I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths it passed. Okay now I don't know if you are going to laugh at me or think I'm just this shallow chit but I had put my hand up on my head while I was trying to get the dizziness to pass and right then and there I started crying. Why? Because underneath the bandages that were wrapped around my head.... I couldn't feel my hair. You know when you are wearing a hood, or a cap how you can feel there is something underneath it? No, not me. So there I was sitting up probably looking more mummy than Siryan and I fumbled around those bandages until I found where they started and you are damn right I unraveled every last bit of the wrap around my head, and as soon as the air in the room hit my head I knew. I was shaking like damn leaf caught in a hurricane when I closed my eyes again and very carefully, very gently ran my fingers over my head. Do you know what I felt? Scarring, and the fine hair that felt like newborn baby fluff, essentially I was as bald as the day I was born and let me tell you that made me flip just a little bit. Okay maybe a lot. I stood up, that was a joy, and shuffled across that room until I was standing in front of a mirror and boom, I hit the floor. I didn't faint mind you... what I saw just made my legs give out and my stomach hurt like someone was trying to rip it out. I can't even begin to tell you what I looked like. I'll just say it wasn't pretty at all and when I saw myself, I had no idea who was looking back at me from the glass. So there in the quiet darkness of that room, I cried for my shallow self and the scary monster I had become.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Katie it was so real, I remember that day. Remember getting there and there being nothing I could do. I know you are here and are real, there are some changes but you are still my Katie.

He held onto her like she was his only salvation and in some ways she was. He knew that his life was not his own in the way that he could live without her. Anyone that thought he could truly survive without her was wrong. Now something else came to his mind, one day he would leave her. As he was only mortal, and it was both of them being mortal that had brought him comfort at times knowing that he would not out live her by a lot if at all. Not like Con who had to bury his wife, or Rayne that had to bury her husband. Even for that matter seeing Toras let go of his Mother. He remembered the pain in Toras's eyes, now Carter brought a light of sorts to him again but he knew that Toras would always love his mother in some way. He let out a sigh and leaned and kissed her.

I love you Katie for always.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Well I did not say we needed to get out of here right now did I?

His eyes gleamed when they met hers he loved when she would get the impish smile on her face. He grinned and leaned and kissed her his fingers running over her back.

I will talk to them tonight we will all sit down together. I know they have not really done anything else Cori but this was not some small thing they tried to pull. They damn near made everything fall apart even more. No you and Rayne are not to blame both our daughters are to blame and them alone. It was them that came up with this crazy idea. Only they would come up with something like that. No one in their right mind would think setting me up like that would work as a way of getting you and I back together. Damn lucky you did not kill them both, as I know just how wild my elf can get.


He got a bit of a grin himself and he looked at her and swatted her backside playfully.

Though I think my wild elf is losing her edge some if she thinks that we need to move from here right now. I think that getting out of here to go wherever can be postponed just a little while. What do you think my Queen?


He trailed some kisses of his own along her and his fingers reached to play with her ears some.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:07 pm

He woke and saw her on the floor he was still weak from what he had performed. He went to her though and lifted her up into his arms bringing her back to the bed. He sat down with her and forgetting about his own pains for the moment he reached and got the salve and put it over her. His voice was soft.

Ellysia you should not be out of bed yet. Did you hurt yourself?


He knew went to be gentle and when to be gruff. Usually with her he had to be gruff but here she was in tears, he knew that gruff was not going to help anything.

Things are healing nicely I know it may not seem that way but your scarring should be minimal oh and had something made for you. Not sure that you would want something like it but I know how some women are about things.

He said a few words so that the room lit up a little more and he got out the wig that he had made. The hair was the same color as hers and he had something designed in it.

I know how important Nala is to you, and I know you might be worried about what she would see without hair. A simple spell will keep this to where you can take it off but where nothing else would take it off. There is even a pouch like thing for you to tuck your hair in as it grows back. If you do not want it I would understand too.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

That damn healer made me cry even more. Can you believe it? Me! Big bad no one can hurt me unless they set me on fire Ellysia with enough attitude to stare down twenty men without so much as a thought. He made me cry. I admit my first reaction to his little gift was to take it and throw it out the window but I am smart enough to know that initial thought was only because I was still reeling from what I saw of myself. This whole ordeal was going to be one hell of a bitch to overcome, and back then I honestly didn't know if I had it in me to do it. There he was mean as hell Mathias, the same man I fought with almost every damn day since our first meeting being gentle and caring and there wasn't a hint of bitchiness in anything he said or did. Dare I say he actually seemed truly concerned?
I'm not conceited, I'm not...
I don't know why that was the first thing I said to him but it was. There we were, sitting on the bed, he was ever so carefully applying this balm or whatever it was over all those marks and he was talking like we were used to having normal conversation. I was floored but at the same time believe it or I found myself relaxing and easing out of the self pity I started feeling. So I took this chunk of hair from him and looked it over completely in awe of the color and how closely it matched my own, and at that moment or should I say for that moment I thought Mathias the Healer was the sweetest man I ever met.... of course you know as well as I do that over time I would go right back to thinking he was an arrogant bastard on some days. Sniffling like a little girl a wiped the tears from my face and shook my head.
No I didn't hurt myself, I didn't mean to get out of bed but when I touched the top of my head...
I really didn't need to say anything more, an understanding came into his eyes and I left it at that. I did notice that he didn't look quite right either and I set his gift down next to me, took his face in my hands and made him look at me. I studied that face in silence for a few minutes and if I had any eyebrows, one would have shot up.
Thank you for the gift... I will wear it until my own hair grows back, not just for Nalas sake but because I am just a little vain you know... now you are going to answer the questions I have for you Mathias Shadow... What did you do to yourself? And why....
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm still here... and I'm still me... though I think if you ask Stryder, he would beg to differ... I'll tell you all about that later though. Morning will be here soon my Quinn and do you not have a shop to tend to?
Katie stretched out, put her arms on his chest and her head on her arms. She looked up him with a gentle smile and moved locks of his hair from his face.
And I will love you always Quinn, you have always known this... why do you think this... what I've become... had to be done? Maybe it was for selfish reasons on my part, but I wasn't ready to leave you, to leave our world that we created together with our own two hands. What is it that Condrik has called us? Katie the artist and Quinn the blacksmith and sometimes poet? We are the builders of life and love and all that is good in our world. All that is good in me... you have created and I could not leave you here alone because I have always been meant to stay beside you.
She closed her eyes with her hand and curled up closer to him now resting her head against his chest.
Now... you will sleep again with no more nightmares to trouble you because if I have to I will come into your dreams and chase them away myself. And when it is time for you to wake up I will take care of you as I always have and we will live our life even with it's little changes.
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:12 am

Most women are funny about their hair. I swear if someone gets the wrong hair cut they go into total melt down for some of the women. I find it rather amusing but your situation is different you went through quite the ordeal. It will grow back I am sure. It was the closest thing to your shade that they had. Now you do need to give your body some time to adjust to the healings that I worked. Remember some of your muscles are not used to being used anymore.

He got her settled back in and smiled at her after all the salve was applied. He grinned and winked at her.

I am sure it will not be too long until you are up giving us all hell. I did let Jackson know what was going on so that he could let Sara know.


He smiled at her and he went to stand and he had to sit back down on the edge of the bed. He was still weak from what was done and taking on the pain had taken a toll on him as did the healing magics.

What I did was just a simple shift of things in a way of healing. As to why because that is who I am. I am someone who needs to take care of things and take care of those left in my charge. Don't worry about the whys of how you are doing much better now just know that I did what I could to the fulllest extent that I could.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 am

How long have I been here for Mathias? Truly I'm not trying to fight with you but I feel like I've been here for eternity and I don't know if I can stay still...
So he wouldn't tell me what he did and truth is I was too damn tired to fight with him about it. I do know that he looked like hell even if he smelled like he just came in from the rain, which meant he must have taken a shower while I was sleeping.
I'm not that vain you know... I just know what I look like right now... I'd scare just about anyone. Here...
I moved over and made room for him. Yeah I know, don't ask me what I was thinking, I couldn't to this day give you an answer to that. Well maybe I could. I think back then what he did for me, not just using his healing skills that I later learned went far beyond taught applications by the way, but what he did for me as far as my hair, it made me see him a little differently and I felt myself actually wanting to be nice to him.
You can rest here for a while if you need to, I'm not going to be able to sleep you realize this don't you? Please don't try and make me either, I can just think, I have alot of that to do, and I have alot to process, so you won't bother me and I won't bother you trying to hog the covers or anything like that. You really looked exhausted healer and if you expect me to keep my trust in you... you cannot walk around looking almost as bad as I do okay?
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:26 am

He laid there with her, he was not wanting to sleep yet but she was right he did have a shop to run. The shop that they worked in for years with her brother Jacob. He smiled listening to her. The shop that he now had to run along with Maddy. Though right now with things the way they were Maddy was not able to do much. Katie's designs had been done for a lot of the items that they made. He smiled while listening to her and he knew that she meant it when she said if she had to sh would go into his dreams and chase the bad dreams away. His arms were around her he was not wanting to or willing to let her go. He was not sure when it happened but he fell into a deep sleep, something that he had not done since the day of the fire. He knew the bedroom was safe for her in the morning as he left the things shut once he had shown her. His dreams did not bother him as he was holding Katie. He was happy to have her home where she belonged. A home for him was not a home without Katie. As long as they were together he knew he would be ok.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Sarabella was sitting in the alcove of the window when he came to her that night, like every night that he went to her room after everyone was supposed to be turned in for the evening he used the shadows. She thought it sweet and noble that he didn't want anyone to think less of her, even though what happened between them never went beyond shared kisses Jackson was adamant about protecting her from every angle.
I've been thinking about what you said you know...
A little grin was on her face when he sat down next to her, she changed position sitting with her legs crossed in front of her. Putting her elbows on her knees she leaned into her hands.
It wouldn't be so bad if Franklin was eaten by a wolf while he was out hunting one morning. It would make the transfer of power to Iallia easier. You know he has half the council convinced that I am just trying to bring Hallia to ruin, and without their support, their votes for this change, it can never happen.
Sighing she sat back with her back to the wall.
If I were more like Jason I could bribe and terrorize my way into getting what I want you know. I had no idea just how dark my brother was, he was a monster Jackson. How could he have been the Jason I knew and then this man... this thing... that I have learned so much about... it's sickening.
Over the days, Sarabella learned more about her brother than she ever knew, things she wouldn't have believed had it not been for the very real fact that she saw firsthand some of her brothers workings. The family that she had spoken with in secret had been enough to make her see Jasons true nature.
Even now he has a hand in everything and it all goes back to Franklin. I know Franklin was behind what happened to Peter and the Lockhearts. I know he tried to kill Elly... what if he really does go after Nala Jackson? He's already tried and failed to get to me through two people that I love, all that is left are you and Nala... and I think he knows you cannot be rid of so easily.... maybe it would be best if Braxton took Nala to Pallia? Wouldn't she be safer there than here where he could do something as simple as poison her food? I'm so tired of all this treachery Jackson.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cori Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 pm

You sure as hell don't act like a man who damn near got trampled to death by a demon horse!
Coris laughter rang through the room as she fell back against the bed pulling the covers up over her head at the same time. Her cheeks burned pink with the blood that had rushed to them and she was sure that the rest of her was just as pink. Only Payne could make her blush from the tips of her toes to the roots of her hair and after the way he behaved during their "kiss and make up" go round she no longer had any doubts that her Payne still existed. Pulling the cover down just a touch one bright blue eye peeked out taking in the sight of the man stretched out with a grin on his face next to her. She pulled the cover tighter around her and let out another laugh when she saw his hand trying to sneak beneath the fabric.
Paynehthion Ethrorrian, I know my Uncle said that you still needed to take it easy, I don't think that was what he meant...
She moved with natural grace sliding closer to him and throwing the covers over him so he was underneath them with her. One arm went around his neck, one leg went over his thigh and she sighed contently into the crook of his arm, her blond hair falling down around them both.
Not that I mind, I just don't want you hurt again.
She had a feeling that his plan to go out and just see where the day took them was not going to happen that day, she could be happy with that if it meant they didn't have to move from where they were at that moment, but they were going to have to move eventually, there was one thing she wasn't going to let either of them forget. Payne said they would sit down with their daughters later in the evening and it was important to her that it happened.
It seems your plans have changed Majesty? What about letting your people see that I haven't killed you? Or do you think they can wait one more day?
User avatar
Cori Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Avery Panton » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:27 am

The tiny little cry coming from the other room gently tugged at Avery pulling her from the peaceful sleep she was in. She shifted a little and a slight smile of contentment turned the corners of her mouth. Slowly she moved her head from Chases' chest and moved her arm from across his stomach. The smile widened a little when she slipped away from him and in his sleep he reached for her. Even in his sleep he wanted her close. Quietly and carefully she got out of bed slipping on her robe. Padding out of the room she went the short distance down the hall to the next room and went right to the crib where her son... their son.. Bryce Valiant Bowers all of two weeks old was letting his mother know he was hungry yet again. Like clockwork her feisty little man with Chases eyes and her fathers dark hair woke up wanting to eat. The first thing she did was change him and then she wrapped him in the blanket that he had been wrapped in the morning he was born. What a morning that had been. It was a beautiful fall morning, the sun had just started rising and autumn mists were rolling over the grounds. It was the perfect morning and little Bryce had been brought into the world with his father right there to welcome him into the world. Avery had never seen Chase look so fulfilled or happy... he looked at peace with himself and the world around him and when she saw the tears flowing freely, without shame, down his cheeks as he held their son to him, Avery herself never knew such calm and joy. Of course that calm and joy turned into cheers and whistles in the hall when Chase left the room long enough to show those waiting for word of the babys arrival. Averys mother had been the worst to deal with according to what her Uncle Losa would later tell her. She was waiting with all the others, those others being Condrik, Rhone, Avalyn, Losa, and the Queen of Firyon herself. Cori had come to Pallia just long enough to make sure that Avery was all right, as it was not uncommon for either the mother or the child and sometimes both to die in the birthing process, but as soon as Cori had seen her nephew and saw her sister she went back to Firyon to tend to her King. Cori left behind more gifts than Avery thought would fit in the house she and Chase had made a home but they managed. Now sitting in the rocking chair that Chase had made just for her and Bryce Avery fed her son and sang to him in low soothing tones an elven lullaby that her mother used to sing to her and Rhone. She had no idea how long Chase had been standing there watching them but when she realized they weren't alone she lifted her head and looked at her husband smiling.
Did I wake you love? I'm sorry I tried to be quiet. You've been up with him just as much as I have and you looked so content sleeping.... now what are you staring at Chase Bowers... you act like you've never seen a mother feeding her child before.
User avatar
Avery Panton
Stablehand
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:43 am

About 50 days give or take some. I really have not paid much attention. When you are feeling up to it there are some questions that need to be answered so that the rest of the people can be rounded up that were involved in this. But that will happen only when you are feeling up to talking about it and not a moment sooner.

He smiled as he took a seat to rest. He knew he looked lke hell it was part of the price that he paid for the magic he had done to help heal her and it would pass. He smiled and grinned at her.

Of course I look like Hell didn't you know that when magics are done even if it is only for a short while it takes it toll, Plus what had to be done took it's toll. I am not going to argue with you about me needing rest. You really do need to stay in bed though I do not want it to have to turn into a fight or anything. I was not meaning the gift to say that you are vain. It was just meant to be something for you to have to maybe feel a bit of normalcy.

He yawned and settled down and he rested lightly. He knew that he could not respt completely.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:20 am

I will take care of Franklin, do not worry about him love. Now as far as sending Nala to Pallia with Braxton that can be done. I actually think she would be safer there than I can concentrate on making sure that you are safer. I mean I would hate to see her go though because who is going to need me to tuck them in at night then.

He grinned at her with a smile that he seemed to be smiling just when he was around her. She had become so important to him all ready. He knew that he would not change things either. Well he would but in ways that would make her life easier. He knew that having to do the whole queen bit was not her. He kissed her and pulled her close to him. He brushed hair out of her face with his fingers.

We need to get this taken care of because I want to take you home. I want to give you everything you could need and want. I want to see the light in your eyes that is so rare these days.


His hand touched her cheek and he smiled at her and he leaned his head against hers.

You are not like Jason at all and we both know this. Jason was something else but it was also clear that he loved you. Sometimes we are different with the people that we love than we are with anyone else. I know it hurts you to think of all the things Jason has done but we can only do so much to repair it. But as always I will help you with anything that you need my help with or want my help with. Even if you do not want my help I might give it anyways.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:28 am

They can wait one more day, and I think you are right about not going to go out. I have all that I need right here. I am taking it easy, how easy do you expect me to take it. I was thinking I might have a new agenda. I may have to see just how much of you that pink covers. Though I must warn you I find it hard to resist certain areas and giving certain attentions. THough if you think I should not do anything other than lay here and rest I guess that means that you have to do most of the work this time. Riding the demon horse did not work out for me, but maybe letting a demon elf have a ride would not be bad at all.

He was happy and it showed he was not looking forward to having to meet with his daughters but he knew it would make his wife happy, and that is what mattered to him. He knew anything else could wait except for what his wife needed and wnated. Because that was the most important thing to him.

So are you alll wore out I do swear for as young as you are you sure tire easily if that is the case,


He laughed and shook his head and kept her close to him.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:39 am

Jason loved me...
Sara snorted, stood up and started walking the floors of her room pulling her robe tighter around her. The nights were getting colder as expected with the changing of the seasons, but the chill she felt at that moment had little to do with weather.
Jason loved me enough to order my death just as I loved him enough to conspire against him and have him assassinated. You don't know how close Ellysia had gotten to accomplishing that goal Jackson, and do you know why she failed? You've not heard me speak much of Joanne have you? You did not see me shed a tear for her life being over except for what her death meant to my niece and even now I am not sure losing Joanne has touched Nala as deeply as some might think...
Only recently did Sara learn her sister in law had been the one to warn Jason that there was a plot to take his life, the whole thing made Saras' stomach turn. Her brother Peter had loved Joanne more than anything, had been able to forgive her for her discretions with Jason and had claimed Nala as his own loving that little girl before she was even born. It was because of Joanne that Sara had been ordered to be executed, that Ellysia had been found out and nearly killed. In some ways Sara was thankful that Peter died not knowing of his wifes final betrayal and it was a betrayal in Saras eyes.
Joanne went to Jason and told him Jackson... told him everything that I had done, how she knew I can only guess she overheard something at some point though I can't say when because I was so careful to keep as much as I could from Peter. Peter died because that wife of his couldn't live knowing the man who sired her child was going to be killed for his crimes against Hallia and the world as a whole... she chose Jason over Peter again do you know what that would have done to Peter if he lived to learn of her...
Sara shook her head, stopped pacing and faced Jackson.
Tomorrow I will tell Nala that is going with Braxton to Pallia, I will tell her that Ellysia has demanded to see her and that seeing Ellysia can't come to Hallia yet, she will go there instead. Nala loves Pallia and the freedom she has there, and if you are concerned you won't have anyone to tuck in at night you can tuck me in until you and your little princess are reunited love all right?
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:47 am

What I was meaning was he was not always bad. You have even told me yourself. I know it is hard to deal with what you have learned about him. I am sure it was better for Peter not to know of his wife's betrayal. I wonder if she even thought about the danger that it could bring to them. She sealed her fate without even knowing it. Some no matter what they are presented with can put people up on a pedestal and no matter what the person does not see it they just see past it and see the truth.

He put his arms back around her and he kissed her. He held her close thim and he smiled at her,

I also got a job for Nala to do back in Pallia. Hopefully this mess will end soon and a certain person will get exactly what he deserves. I will not let him hurt you or Nala anymore than has already happened. I think tucking you in sounds like a good idea and maybe a certain queen will let a simple commoner lay with her for a little while.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cori Ethrorrian » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:25 am

I think you've had enough for one day your Majesty...
As much as she wanted to stay right where she was Cori knew there were other matters that they needed to take care of and dealing with their daughters, letting them see their parents together made Cori hope that the rift between her husband and their daughters could be mended with the meeting they were going to have over dinner that night. Pulling the sheet around her Cori slipped from the bed, leaned and kissed Payne then padded towards the bathing room.
We have to start getting ready for dinner Payne, like it or not tonight this mess with our daughters has to come to an end. They were wrong, they know they were wrong and they know they fell from your good graces love. I think that hurts them more than anything, to know they pushed you to that point, but that doesn't change the very real fact that they still think you hung the sun and the moon in the sky just for them.
Dinner was not going to be easy to get through, there was sure to be lots of tears and maybe even a little attitude coming from all sides, how could their not be? The blood that ran through all their veins was fiery as it were, and they all had stubborn streaks in them a country mile wide. She hoped that Astrid would just remember not to let her sharp tongue get the better of her and that Ardis would not go on the defensive right away.
I promise you if we survive this, everything will be so much better for all of us Payne. You'll see.
User avatar
Cori Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:45 am

Don't do that Jackson. Don't pin me with a title I never wanted from the start and don't ever think of yourself as common.
Sara moved away from him and went to her bed turning down the covers. She looked at him before she slipped beneath the blankets wondering if he really saw himself as just an ordinary man. Would any ordinary man do all that he had done for her and for Nala when they were nothing more than strangers to him not so long ago? No man she knew would have risked their life the way he had and no man she knew except for her brother Peter would have been so willing to take on all the responsibilities that Jackson made clear he wanted.
There is nothing common about you Jackson Shadow, nothing.
Sliding between the sheet and the blankets she settled in for the night, her body instantly relaxed when she laid down on the soft mattress, she hadn't realized just how tired she was until she was ready for sleep. Turning on her side she pulled the covers back.
You need sleep too do you not? And you're already here so what sense would it make to send you away. Besides I sleep better with you near. No more talk of betrayals and people getting what they deserve, lay here with me and talk to me of dogs and chickens and this life you are so sure we are going to be able to have...
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users