Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Are you crazy Cyranda Jane? Tell me you didn't do that? You really just walked away?
Payten was standing hidden in the trees near town her mouth wide open and her eyes as big as moons. She dug a finger into her ear to make sure she didn't have anything in there causing her to hear wrong but given the look on her cousins face she knew she heard right.
Why in the nine hells would you do something like that? When you said you would come talk with Annie... I didn't think you'd be leaving Stryder! What the hell happened that brought this on?!
It wasn't every day that anyone saw Randy the way she looked now and Payten felt a little guilty for snapping at her the way she did but gods damn the woman lost her damn mind. Cyranda smiled at her, it was a weak little smile that echoed pain Payten hadn't seen in a very long time.
What would you like to hear Ten? That I have to be happy all the time and pretend like nothing is wrong in my world when there is so much I haven't even been able to tell you or anyone? I have to be around Losa almost everyday knowing that Alistar was in his body at one time and tried to get me to turn against Stryder again... that he was going to kill my husband just to get to me again....that no matter how hard I have tried I cannot let go of the very real fact that I had a child killed because I could not deal with having a baby growing inside me that was not Stryders, that belonged to that monster? Two months after I came home I knew... and what was I supposed to do? Announce it to the world? So I did what had to be done... I don't really regret doing it you know... but finding out that Alistar was in that body.... it's too much...
Payten almost smacked her in the mouth for talking about what Alistar was hoping to accomplish in Losas body when it was Annie who had suffered by his hand then, until she realized what Cyranda was saying when her eyes darted to the ground.
I'm sorry Ten... hells what was I thinking saying something like that? Look... right now I'm not important okay? You're worried about Annie and I know why... I just want to be able to help her okay Ten? If I can help her get through all of what happened completely...
Payten was horrified by what she heard and then when Cyranda lifted her head and she saw tears in her eyes, Payten felt her heart break. How could none of them had known? Right away Paytens motherly instincts took over and she wrapped her cousin in her arms hugging her close and smoothing down her hair.
Oh Randy... I had no idea... I don't think any of us did... honey why didn't you say anything to anyone... son of a bitch... son of a bitch...
Payten was reeling and Cyranda broke down in her arms in a way that no one had ever seen her do before, truth was it scared Payten but she was not going to say as much and she sure as hell was not going to abandon her cousin.
It's okay... it's going to be okay... I'm going to take care of you Randy, and we'll deal with this one second at a time...
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:24 pm

So you think it is as black and white as that do you?
Katie leaned over shaking her head.
You say I don't know everything... I know more than you do... so much more that once you learn what I know I wonder what you will think of your wife then.... will you still think she walked away from you because of a Lycan? Or will you go through with this insanity because you won't be able to deal with the reality of all that she has been through...
She moved her mouth to his ear and whispered quietly to him.
When she was brought back from Truth... your precious Pixie that you are so intent on letting walk away from you and the life you built together... was carrying Alistars child... yet there is no child is there? Why do you think that is?
Katie moved away from his ear and sat back.
You still think whats happening with her is about Xavier now?
Katie Joy jumped to her feet and went to the window.
It's not that she doesn't think you haven't done enough or that what you have done isn't good enough... she believes she's not good enough for you.... you know how warped she thinks... she thinks she's saving you from herself.
With that being said Katie slipped out through the window leaving Stryder to his thoughts. Whether she was right or wrong in telling him was of no concern to her, she knew he needed to be told so maybe he would be able to break through to his wife, that is if he even gave a damn anymore. One thing was certain though, Stryder could no more live without Cyranda anymore than Cyranda could live without him.
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Now it all made sense to him after Katie told him what happened. How could Cyranda keep something like that from him he was not sure. It upset him that she did not tell him about it. But now it all made sense why she would pull away at times, why she would not act like herself then would turn around and tell him it was fine. He knew she had not been fine and he tried to get her to tell him what was going on but she would not tell him. She would tell him not to worry about it. He had reassured her many times that what happened with Alistar was not her fault and he never blamed her for anything that happened then. He went to see what he could find out about where his wife went. He went to see Phoebe given the time he knew if he found Dominic he would find Phoebe.

We are not going to stand here and argue or anything else. I need to know where your mother went. There is a lot more going on than just the problems she perceives between Xavier and I. I really do not need to hear anything else from anyone else until I talk to your mother. So what’s it going to be Phoebe you going to tell me where I can find her? Or do I have to start going off trying to think like her, which if anyone can think like her sometimes I would have to be worried about it. After all as much as I love your Mother sometimes I do not know why she thinks the way she does.

He was not in the mood for games. He was not in the mood for anything other than finding his wife sitting her down and having a talk with her. This time he was not going to let her say nothing was wrong, he was not going to let her tell him she was fine or anything else. What he was going to do was wrap his wife in his arms and get her to talk even if he had to tell her someone told him the whole truth about what happened. In some ways he was furious with her for not telling him but he also understood why she might not want to tell him. He knew she went through a lot when the truth came out as far as everything she had been led to believe. He sighed and looked at his daughter he really was not up for a big go around with anyone else that night.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:44 pm

He knew Katie was right but he also knew that both he and Riley felt the way they did because he felt that he should have been able to do something more. But she was right there were only certain people truly to blame for what happened. He thought about what she said about the package she had brought and he went down to get it. He had been so preoccupied with showing her things he had forgot about the package for those moments. He went down to get it and brought it back up to the room where he opened it and he smiled. He took it and hung it up. He sat there looking at it for a bit and actually dozed off while looking at it. That was the day that had started it all for them. A day that he would never forget, it was the first time in a long time he had seen Kiara. He remembered how Kiara had said what she would but that the woman that was with Kiara had asked him about sketching him. It was a trying time for everyone; Kiara was sent to his mother’s house and had brought Katie Joy with her. Quinn knew that day that there was something special about Katie Joy Ryder. He remembered deciding to go back to Pallia with her and remembered the conversation with Orion about how quickly things were moving with him and Katie Joy. He had to smile as the old man had given his blessing for them to be married so quickly, though others opposed the idea. He had to smile though because that changed everything for him. There were tough times but those did not last. There was the problem of her brother and the things that surrounded that. There were things here and there but they always got through them together. Together was what was on his mind as he drifted off to rest until she came home.
User avatar
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phoebe Deamons » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Phoebe saw her father coming and the look on his face almost made her hide behind Dominic. Why was he looking like he wanted to kill someone? More specifically why did he look like she was the one he was going to strangle? She looked at Dominic and shook her head whispering to him.

I didn't do it this time... whatevers got him looking like that I had noth...

She closed her mouth as soon as her father started talking and when he was through she was backing away with her hands out in front of her.

Slow down Daddy... I don't know what you're talking about... what do you mean where did she go?

Gods above, that explained the strange visit she had gotten from her mother earlier.

I don't know where she went... I didn't even know she was leaving... she just said she had a few errands to run... you know that's nothing new with her she's always on the go... she did tell me not to pick any fights with you though, and she told me to tell the boys that no matter what you said to them she loved them....

Her mother left? Left. What in the hell was going on? Phoebe just assumed when her mother came to her that her parents had gotten into another one of their arguments now she could see it was way more than that. She thought about that night and everything that had happened whether it seemed important at the time or not. Dom had gotten into a bit of a tiff with Kira and Errol over Kira suiting up to go out... then Kiara called for them all telling them that Katie had leads she was following up on with Tierney and that they weren't needed that night... and then she remembered when they were leaving the council room overhearing Kiara telling Losa that Payten was coming in secretly to pick up something...

Payten... Payten was here... I heard Kiara telling Losa that she was coming in secret and that Kiara was going to go make sure the package was delivered to her safely? You don't think she was talking about Mommy? Daddy what is going on? Why would Mommy leave and not tell you where she was going?
User avatar
Phoebe Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Randys sleeping... thank you for helping me with her Aranor... I know you aren't happy that I brought her here now, but both of us thought she would be good to help Annie... I just had no idea...

When Payten first came back to Iallia with Cyranda she went right into caretaker mode, drawing a bath for her cousin, setting out her clothes and while Randy had some time to sit and soak Payten told Aranor everything that Cyranda had told her, when she was through it was obvious that Aranor was not pleased but Payten also knew that if Cyranda was intent on running, it was best she ran to someone she could lean on and trust rather than just run anywhere. Now with a little help from the draft that Aranor put in the tea he made for Cyranda the fey was sound asleep.

Can you imagine what shes been doing to herself keeping this from everyone because she thought she was... Aranor that could have very well been our Annie as easily as it was Cyranda... it's disgusting what that bastard did to them both... and I know he's dead but gods dammit that doesn't do much to help Randy now does it? Hell Aranor she was left loose on Shadow lands with that bastard running loose and he was going to kill Stryder!? No wonder Annie...

The air around Payten started shifting, and she knew she had to calm down, Payten just like Payne was imbued with natural magics... elven magics in tune with nature and the world around them, she didn't practice or study like Aranor, there was no need to, she rarely used her magics, she never saw the need to but when she would get really upset, the people around her knew it.

Do you know what that daft fey did? She apologized for telling me her secret and said all she wanted to do was help Annie... the question is how do we help her? She actually filed papers with Losa and Kiara to divorce Stryder and she left him in Pallia without telling him anything other than she was leaving him.... I know I said we needed to concentrate on our family...but this is too big to ignore Aranor...
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Riley Lockheart » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:08 pm

I know you are right that we do not know what would happen. I also know that my Mom would not blame me either but I keep going over things in my head and I am just not sure how to get over it. They could have protected it against shadow walkers but then again they may not have. I know that something could have happened to me and I know that would not have been good either. I know that you prefer me alive and it is not selfish either. I know what you are trying to say to me. I know that she lives and walks through the world at night. I am thankful for that and I know all that she defied everything. I can only hope that they find all the bastards that are responsible for the attack on them. I know that I need to get over the guilt I also know that I need to be able to talk to her. Maybe that all goes hand in hand dealing with the guilt I feel and talking to my mother about what happened.

He sighed and laid his head against hers and kissed her. He knew that she was right though he had to be able to deal with it.

I am sorry Tegan I just am not used to all of this. I guess I am just over thinking things. I know I also got to be thankful for all that we do have. That Mom is able to walk the world as she does. I know some things are going to change but I also know Mom is Mom and I do not see her changing that much no matter what.
User avatar
Riley Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:12 pm

He looked at Phoebe and he was getting frustrated and he knew it showed. Cyranda had said that she would know where to find her. Phoebe did not know for sure and now he was reeling.

She said that you would know where she was, if Payten was coming to town I am going to see if she knows where your mother is. What is going on is too complicated to get into right now. It is more complicated than I even knew. I need you to do me a favor I need you to go to Losa and Kiara and tell them I am contesting your mother’s request. When I thought it was about something else I was going to let her have what she wanted but now I got a fey that I need to go be with.

He left it at that and he left for Iallia he knew that is where Payten and Aranor were and he was sure that is where he would find his Pixie. He could find Aranor and Payten with his eyes closed he was not going to go busting in to where Pixie was. He waited until he could enter in where Aranor and Payten were.

I know what is going on Payten and I need to speak with her. I know there is a lot more going on than she told me. I had to find out from someone else. I am not going to just let her walk away because of that stuff. We all know as much as Pix and I can fight we belong together and neither of us does well without the other. I do not need any lectures either I know she is a lot worse off than she let anyone know until today. Let me see what I can do to help her I know I can help her.

He was looking at Aranor and Payten as he spoke he knew Payten had always been protective of Cyranda but he also knew that he was the only one that could maybe get through to her about some of the things.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:15 pm

You know what I do not like about this Payten is all this has been kept from Stryder, you know when he finds out he is going to be here. He is not going to just let her walk away anymore than either of us would let the other walk away. I am only upset because I do not think that keeping her here is going to help anyone. What she needs besides family beside her is SJ no matter what she may think she needs him. She is his world and we all know how he was when she was gone and he could not find her. No one would blame her for what happened with that bastard. No one knew what she went through hell people did not know what Annie was going through either. Now I feel even better about how that bastard died.

He was about to say something else when he could smell the demon that had come to visit.

Uh I do not think it is going to be long before we see Stryder since about now he should be knocking.

Once his cousin had entered the room he looked up at him.

Pixie is resting comfortably for now. No one is saying that you cannot help her SJ what I am going to tell you is she is not going anywhere right now. She cannot go back there right now. Not if you care about her sanity, well as sane as Pixie can get.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:36 am

Hey I didn't ask for this yanno... she just told me and what was I supposed to do? I mean really Aranor was I supposed to just wipe her face turn her around and send her back? She fell to pieces Bright Eyes, when have you ever seen Randy hysterical in all the years that you've known her? I don't think she told anyone except Jade before tonight...

Hell no. None of this was getting pinned on her.

When she agreed to come here for Annie I thought Stryder knew she was coming here and believe you me I had no damn idea she was going to throw everything at me like that. There is no way in hell I would have asked her to spend some time with Annie if I had known. I really thought a visit from her godmother would do her some good...

Stryder came in the room and dammit if he didn't go on the offensive almost right away, talking about how he didn't need any lectures and blah blah blah when no one said a damn word to him. So of course Payten being Payten started going on the defensive but stopped herself. The last damn thing Randy needed was Payten fighting with Stryder over his arrogance thinking that Payten or anyone else was going to say a damn thing to him just then considering how delicate the situation was. She sighed, shook her head and smacked Aranor in the arm for his sanity comment.

That's not funny, not even a little bit Aranor Shadow, there isn't a damn thing wrong with Randys mind... at least there wasn't until that son of a bitch toyed with her the way he did... she's just high spirited and it makes her a little bubbly that's all. Honestly what were thinking saying something like that.

Payten looked at Stryder, part of her felt bad for him but part of her wanted to slap him for always being so quick to jump to conclusions instead of stopping to think before he made a bad situation worse, and when he was so quick to agree to what Randy wanted, whether he knew it or not she took that as a sign that she was doing the right thing by leaving.

I don't know if it's a good idea if you go in there with her right now. If she wakes up and sees you it could go one of two ways.... either she's going to break down and tell you everything and both of you can really start getting passed what happened or she's going to break down and go completely insane. It's your call Stryder, no one can tell you what to do...
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:30 pm

Sara went with Jackson for what was becoming a nightly ritual between him and Nala, she said her goodnights to her niece and told her that she would be able to see Ellysia as soon as Ellysia was able to have visitors. The lie told to the little girl was that Mathias needed Ellysias help with a grown up matter that little girls didn't need to concern themselves with and for the time being it was good enough to appease Nala, but it wouldn't last too much longer. While Jackson said his goodnights to Nala Sara stood in the doorway watching with a hint of a smile on her face. That smile however faded when she felt someone take her by the elbow and she heard the voice close to her ear.
Do you think it is wise to allow this man to get so close to Lady Nala your Majesty?
Inwardly Sara groaned. Why was he always lurking, everywhere she turned Franklin was there. Gods how she looked forward to the day when she would be rid of him completely. She didn't turn her head or look at him, she kept her eyes on Jackson and Nala, her tone however was laced with the authority of a Queen.
Who are you to question my actions when they do not concern you or the fate of Hallia? Lady Nala is comfortable with Lord Shadow, were it not for him neither I nor my niece would be here. My lord has been the ladys staunch protector and defender since the night my brother was murdered lest you forget. I see no reason whatsoever to keep them apart considering how well he carries out the task handed down to him from the King of Pallia himself, the same task that I readily agreed to allow Lord Shadow to undertake. Do you have anything of importance that you need to bring to my attention Lord Hallinsdale or are you just lurking where you have no place being again?
She grinned to herself hearing the sharp breath he took and he released her elbow.
Tread carefully Highness...
Or what? You'll find new bandits to try and take my life? Don't act surprised I know it was you but lets keep that little secret between us for the time being shall we... you'll get exactly what you deserve soon enough my lord.
So she was a little more temperamental than usual, Sara had reached the point of not caring and all but painted a target on her back daring anyone who was willing to have another go at her.
I suggest you leave now, I have nothing more to say to you.
As you wish Highness...
Franklin left her, but not before she heard him muttering under is breath and she blew those mutterings off for the time being, she was not going to let anyone ruin the moments she was lucky enough to witness between Jackson and Nala.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cori Ethrorrian » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:07 pm

So... what do you think? You ready to see them yet? It's been over a month now and I swear I think they think that you've completely disowned them...
Cori was going around the rooms that had been the central point where Payne once he was feeling well enough to, did all of his work for Firyon, he took his meals there, saw advisers in another room of their chambers that were connected and the day to day workings of Firyon went on the same as always with Cori acting in Paynes stead when it came time to hear grievances and the like. Cori enjoyed being around the people of Firyon and all her years of living with Elite then becoming Queen had taught her how to handle conflicts and it didn't hurt that she had a smile that most said could make a saint of the gods think impure thoughts. She almost laughed at the thought. She and Payne were slowing working their way back to one another but it was beginning to not be enough, slowly was not good enough anymore and now that Payne was almost fully recovered she thought maybe they could start moving along another track now.
Maybe today can be the day you decide to come out of hiding so your people do not think I've done something horribly wretched to you?
User avatar
Cori Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Katie Joy Lockheart » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 pm

It happened just as Katie Joy predicted, she went out as she did every night, this night however was different, this night, she took human blood for the first time... took a life for the first time and she held no regret or remorse. Her prey had been one of the four that had attacked her home, and now they were simply no more. With Tierney watching over her she made quick work of her meal that night and had been able to learn the names of the remaining three. In a move that was so unlike the Katie Joy that everyone knew, she left the head of her prey on the steps of the last man whose life she would take over the course of the next few weeks. A message of sorts. Just as she predicted when she returned to the new house she was now to call her own, a home she would create with her beloved Quinn she found him asleep in the bed she would lay her head down upon come the morning. He was still breathtaking to her, had she any breath left in her surely he would have stolen it without even knowing. Just as she predicted she could not keep herself from going to the little table in the corner of the room where she found a pad and charcoals waiting for her. Sitting on the edge of the bed she drew her knees up, set the pad down on her bent legs, pulled her hair up, tilted her head just slightly and slipped into the time and space that was shared with only her most favored subject. She was in what many called "Katies zone", and nothing else in the world existed when she was there.
User avatar
Katie Joy Lockheart
Stablehand
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Stryder Joseph » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:26 pm

I am sorry Payten I am just a bit wound up. This has been a lot to find out and everything. Then for her to drop on me that he is leaving me. I need to go to her Payten, because of what I found out I can only hope that I can get through to her. I know that she is going through a lot, everything else for me needs to take a backseat to what she needs. I promise I will not do anything to agitate her.

He moved to go find his Pixie and he sat down near her and he leaned over and whispered in her ear.

I love you Cyranda Jane Deamons and if you think I am letting you go out of my life you are nuts. You are my Pixie as I am your big Gorilla and Ape. Plus who else is going to put up with me like you have. You need to rest and I will be right here with you
.

He sat close to her and he could not help but run his hand through her hair and rub her back gently. He knew she had things on her mind and they were things they had to face together.
User avatar
Stryder Joseph
Peasant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Jackson knew Franklin had come while he was in with Nala he could smell him. He hate people having to lose their lives but once it was time for Franklin to lose his he wanted to be there, even if he could not be the one to do it. With a grin he kissed Nala good night and then moved back to Sara's side.

Are you sure Franklin can not die in his sleep or be the subject of a wolf attack? You know that I can make either happen. I know time needs to be bided for things Sara but I swear that man raises a hand to you or Nala and he will have a broken hand.


He looked at Sara and smiled apologetically.

Sorry I can not stand him or the way he acts and the way he tries to control you. I know he would like to think I am easy to get rid of but I am not. You look so tired Sara you should get turned in.


He walked with her to her chambers and he smiled at her.

We have gotten this far, not too much longer I would think. I will see you soon.


He never did go into her room as far as people could see because he would always enter in through the shadows. Just like no one knew Braxton was watching over Nala ready to take her into the Shadows at any moment.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Just like she did every night when Phillip was gone from Firyon, Ardis slipped into the black attire that hid her in the moonlit nights from prying eyes and those that were meant to watch over her, she would arrange her bed to look like she was sleeping in it and had even managed to procure from an understanding fledgling mage a simple spell that would activate as soon as any came into the room making it look like it was her blond head peeking out from the pillows as she slept. And she would use all the skills she had learned over the years, all her prowess as Darren Thistlewood to slip out into the night either to patrol the grounds or the outlying areas of Firyon and her borders. Ardis knew if she was caught there would be hell to pay from her mother the Queen but the Queen was just going to have to understand that while the secret of Darren Thistlewood was out that did not mean Ardis could put aside his duties to Firyon over a mistake in judgment. Every night she slipped out and made sure she was back in just before the sun rose, this morning was no different. She came over the balcony and walked through the lilac colored draperies taking off her sword and removing her daggers. One dagger fell to the floor when she heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. Whirling around she saw the figure standing in the doorway that led to the other room of her chambers and she smiled sheepishly at having been caught.
Phillip Ryder what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be half way to Glitchen by now... isn't that where you said Kiara was sending you and your band of merry men and maids off to... or are you all so good you already hunted down your targets and disposed of them? Did something happen? Is everything all right?
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:11 pm

He smiled at her and took her hand in his.

Or today I keep my wife with me and leave the people wondering about everything. As far as our daughters go I have not disowned them but what they did was inexcusable. I was actually thinking that today I was feeling up to sneaking off somewhere with my wife. We can let the people of Firyon see that I am ok, we can give a shortened report of things then we can go and see what we can find to get into.

He kissed her hand then kissed her his hand lingering to play with her hair.

You are everything to me Cori, when you were taken it angered me, and scared me. It also left me feeling like I was not good enough to protect you as you were taken from our bed, from my arms. The fact that I could not protect my own wife, left me angry at everyone and everything, Then I dove deep into trying to make sure nothing like that would happen again, that I did everything I could to keep you safe. Though I was not paying attention to your other needs as well.

He smiled at her remembering when they were younger and when she first declared she was going to marry him. He knew the last months had been hard on them both. He loved when she would do things just because he was watching.

So what do you think?
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:23 am

I think I am not the one that has questions to answer, considering I am not the one sneaking back in. I am not the one that went through an elaborate set up to make people think I was in bed and sleeping. So what is it that you find so important to go sneaking out at night? You know you are forbidden from any of the duties as Captain of the guard, and that Ash has been overseeing things again until your parents decide you can take it back over. What if it was one of them instead of me that just found you out?

He was watching her to see what she would say and what he could actually see on her face. After all he was not sure how long she had been sneaking out for. He was sure that he knew the reason why but he could be wrong on that one. He smiled at her even though he was a little upset he had come to surprise her and he was the one being surprised. So he stood there waiting for an answer from her. He was sure it was going to at least be an interesting answer.
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cori Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

So then...
She dropped the gown she had chosen to wear for the day on the bed after Payne kissed her and she looked at it intently like she was in the middle of some great debate within her mind. Cori went over to the chest at the end of the bed and lifted the padded lid covered in pale green fabric, she bent down and sifted through what was inside until she found what she was looking for and came back up holding up soft black leather bottoms and a black shirt then tossed them on the bed before she dipped back down into the chest. When she came up a second time she discarded a royal blue butterfly top and matching skirt next to the other clothing.
What will this sneaking off require me to wear? Am I to be the perfect elven maid? The risk taker? Or am I to be the outspoken, outgoing... not to mention damn beautiful half breed from Pallia who used all her charms to seduce and win the love of a King?
Cori winked at him and sat down on the chest facing Payne, one elbow was propped up on a raised knee and her cheek rested on a closed hand.
Can you even remember how many years it took for my father to stop trying to keep us apart? Even with both my mothers and my step father trying to talk to him... look at how long it took before he would let you anywhere near me... how many years did we have to hide the life we were already building together from him? Us being together was probably the best kept secret in all of Pallia and given that the whole of Pallia knew and he didn't find out until we told him that is saying something. Payne... Hunter and Quin were already in training by the time I became your wife.... why am I bringing all this up?
She moved from the chest crawling onto the bed and sat still facing him with her legs crossed in front of her.
It's simple. We fought for our right to be together, to love each other openly and we didn't let anyone get in the way of that did we? It took time... too much time... but we still held our ground and look at all that we have done since then. We have three beautiful children who have become amazing adults even if they make their mistakes now and again... they are almost perfect beings, and we did that. We have this life, this indescribable world that we live in, sure it comes with a price... the responsibilities of a kingdom are awesome but isn't it all worth it? What happened to me was not your fault, it wasn't my fault. Don't you know even if I weren't your wife everyday that I live and breath I would still face risk because I am the child of Condrik and Ariela Shadow AND Raynalia and Valiant Panton? The odds of something happening to me at some point are another were always great. You can't have parents like I do and not have enemies. You were so deep in trying to keep me safe that you did something unimaginable Payne... something I never thought could happen... you lost yourself and you forgot who I really am. I don't need some great protector.... hell we have enough of those running around... all I have ever needed was my wild elf who could be so serious one minute and the next have me almost on the floor in tears from laughing so hard, the same elf who in one afternoon could solve an entire providences problems then turn around that same night and go to the nearest tavern shocking the hell out of patrons by getting behind the bar and doing what he loved to do before he turned all dark and serious. I know our life cannot be all fun and games.... but this... what we were becoming... it has never been us... and I didn't know how to deal with it either. I didn't know what I had done wrong ... I thought maybe you grew tired of my impulses or my inability to keep a straight face at the most inopportune times... hell I even thought I might have started boring you. It's no secret that I'm selfish when it comes to being the center of attention Payne and when I couldn't hold your attention... well we know theres more than one way to get attention so I guess I did seek it out wherever I could just to feel a little normal again... but it didn't feel normal at all. Matter of fact it felt downright wrong because the attention I wanted and needed most was yours and by the time you offered it, I had already gotten used to being without it. Sounds stupid I know. Does that really matter now though? We're here, we're together and I'm still waiting for you to tell me just what I need to wear today...
Last edited by Cori Ethrorrian on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cori Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:02 am

I was...
Ardis pulled the black shirt over her head then bent down picking up her sword and daggers to put them back in their proper places.
... just running a simple surveillance outside the palace walls. You know I'm going to tell you the same thing...
With her weaponry where it belonged she slid out of her black bottoms and discarded them in the bin in the bathing room talking the entire time. She sure as hell had been surprised to find Phillip waiting for her when she came back in that morning but it was a good surprise and she didn't feel like she was being scrutinized with every move she made by him, which was a good thing.
... that I would tell my mother if she had caught me or if anyone else would have caught me for that matter.
She stopped in front of him circling her arms around his neck.
I am a grown woman with real responsibilities and duties to my King and Queen, to Firyon and to those under my command... Darren Thistlewood might be dead... but I am not and I am not going to let anyone keep me from my duties... not even the Queen herself... just because I made a mistake in my personal life. Ash has been handling the heavy duties... ask him he'll tell you I haven't stepped foot in my own council room in over a month, I haven't been involved in anything except for when I sneak out for patrol here and there. Has it been making me a little crazy not at least knowing everything that's been going on? Uh yeah... but at the same time... I kinda like having a little more time on my hands... especially when I find surprises like this waiting for me. Now... if I've answered your questions to your satisfaction can you answer mine?
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:42 am

Well you know I prefer you with nothing on, but I think I would have to say that the clothing does not matter so much. No matter what you wear you are still my beautiful half breed. Now if you play your charms right you may be able to seduce a king again.

He grinned at her and sat down nudging her.

I know we have plenty of protectors but a husband is supposed to be able to protect his wife. But that is not the point right now either is it? I know I have turned more serious about things, maybe part of it is seeing how quickly things could change here. But no matter how serious I am about anything I am still your elf underneath it all. Don't you know I could never tire of you or get bored. You keep me going too much for any of that to happen.


He smiled thinking of Ariela and Valiant both of them had done so much in trying to get Condrik to give in some. He also knew that Condrik was just doing as any father would in trying to protect his daughter. He kissed Cori and smiled.

One of the reasons why I did not go off on Phillip too much is I know what it feels like to be the one under the watchful eyes of parents of the one you love. I know still to this day if your father knows we are fighting I get the coldest of looks from him because you are upset. It does not mean if Phillip hurts our daughter that I will not have something to say about it. But think about all we went through and I just can not see putting Phillip through that. I know I need to talk to our daughters eventually but I just do not know if I can look at them yet and not have over boiling anger at them for what they pulled. I do know that in taking away their roles you did exactly as I was going to do. You know they actually tried to convince me that I had slept with that woman. Astrid called me a liar and all going off on me about it, all the while it was their set up. I do not know if I can ever trust either of them again.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cori Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:07 am

I understand why you changed Payne, we all change during the course of our lives, I just wasn't for how drastic those changes were going to be...
Cori looked at him, just as she had done every day and night since the first time she saw him, and she saw the subtle hints of the elf she once knew starting to emerge, maybe with all that happened Payne would be able to find his balance again, she hoped like hell he could.
Remember something Payne. You aren't just my husband you are my King... you are Firyons King and it is your duty to protect Firyon first and foremost, too many lives are in your hands. I do understand what you are saying though, and I have to tell you in all our years together not once have I ever been or felt unprotected with you. I've always been safe, and just because someone was able to get the slip on us both one time does not mean that you have failed me do you understand? Now about these girls of yours...
What about Astrid and Ardis? Cori was still in awe of their audacity but at the same time, now that enough time had gone by and she could really think without wanting to strangle her daughters, she could relate on some level to the positions and actions they took. That didn't mean she approved of them... she was just a little more understanding than she had been before. Of course, Ardis being Ardis had managed to find a bit of a loophole to get around the full extent of what Cori had decided for her children, and the truth was she couldn't even be angry because Ardis wasn't doing anything as Captain of the Guard... she was doing what lower level troops in their armies did and Astrid followed suit not getting involved in matters anymore complex than petty squabbles she happened to come across while inside the palace.
You can trust them Payne... do you know why? Because they love you and they love me and your daughters were only doing what they do best... they were using every resource they possessed to try and bring their parents back together. Don't forget... they have never seen us fight let alone be apart the way we were. They were scared darlin' and they acted on that fear. Astrid is the best at head games and you know that everything she said was a damn lie. As twisted as their little plot was... it was done because they love us. Sure as hell doesn't make it right but I think you should talk with them soon and remind yourself when you are standing in front of them that they are still those same beautiful babies we brought into the world and that their whole world has always revolved around you. As much as they love me... they are your girls Payne. Let them cry and tell you how sorry they are and cover your face with their butterfly kisses like they still do when they know they are wrong and just let them love you like you love them. Haven't we dealt with enough anger already? I think us going through what we have been through is a very good reason why we can't act as insane as my father did as far as Phillip and Ardis go... you haven't really seen too much of them like I have so you're just going to have to trust me when I tell you... she really is happy Payne. Anyway...
Cori stretched her legs out across his thighs and leaned back on her elbows with a raised brow, her blue eyes were shining brighter than they had done for awhile.
Exactly what is it that I do that keeps you going too much for you to get bored?
User avatar
Cori Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Phillip Ryder » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:15 am

He laughed and shook his head. He knew that Ardis had to be up to something before hand because he knew she would not so easily sit back from everything. He wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned to kiss her again.

Well you know if it was the queen herself you would find yourself in some hot water. I know you and your sister know it was a mistake to do, but can you really blame your mother for what decisions she had to make? I know you would never make a decision knowingly that would hurt your father. As far as what I am doing here well our orders got changed so I decided to come surprise you.


He leaned and kissed near her ear.

Though it was me being the one that was surprised finding that you were not here either. I went to get into bed with you to find what was in your stead. I know you have not been trying to do anything that would go against your Mother's wishes well other than sneaking out on Patrols. So just what do you plan on doing about this surprise of mine?
User avatar
Phillip Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:42 am

There is something more important to me than Firyon as a whole and that is you Cori. I know you do not blame me for what happened, part of my thinking was if I could not protect my wife, how could I protect our Kingdom? And those that reside with in.

He felt her legs go to his thighs and he started rubbing her legs as he thought about things, He contiued as he spoke.

I know our daughters were doing what they could, but they crossed a line when they brought that woman into our room, into our bed. Then tried to pass it off like I did something with her, and that I was a liar and cheater. This is not going to be something that their butterfly kisses will magically cure. I know that they meant well but even the best of intentions can have adverse affects. What would have happened if I had not been hurt? They were already in for it when I found out what they did. Lucky for them you handled it. I have never been so disappointed in any of our children like I was when they did that.


His grin came back when he looked at her and he brought her fully to him to kiss her.

Well there is plenty about you that will make sure that I never get bored but just you being my Queen, My Wife and everything makes you all taht I need. You are the only one that i have ever needed. I like the times you get the ideas that are a little mischievous and the way the light goes from your smile to your eyes. I like watching you do things not for others to see but for me to see.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 am

Phillip Ryder are you trying to get me to let you into my bed? Have you forgotten this may be a palace but it is still my parents house...
Ardis pulled back from him a little and shook her head laughing. It never mattered before whenever they ended up in bed together, whether it was simply to talk, to sleep or anything else, that anything else being no ones business but their own and she also knew that despite what people thought of Phillip, he wasn't always after just one thing. With his hand in hers she did lead him to her bed and she stretched out on the mattress thinking it really was a wonderful surprise finding Phillip waiting for her when she came back home.
Of course I don't blame my mother... I blame Astrid. I told her it was a bad idea but you know she just has to over think situations sometimes and that lands us both in trouble. Mind you it doesn't happen often but still, she thought too much on that insane plan of hers and why I actually agreed to go along with it I'll never know!
Ardis flipped over on her stomach and put her head in the crook of her arm with a lopsided grin on her lips.
Maybe I was secretly wishing to get caught and banned from Firyon, that way I would have nowhere else to go but to Pallia, and we could stop these trips of having go back and forth between our two kingdoms. Which reminds me... I'm sorry I haven't come to see you but with my Aunt Payten and Uncle Aranor still in Iallia, and Iallia being in talks with Hallia and the mess that happened with Katie Joy, my mother made it clear my father didn't want any of us in Pallia until everything was a little more stable. Especially Astrid. I swear though as soon as he lifts this ban of his I'll be in Pallia so you won't have to keep coming here. Now Phillip Ryder are you just going to lay there looking at me like you've never seen an elven princess before or are you going to enlighten me as to just how much you've missed me?
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users