Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 pm

I think that we need to be reasonable about this Jackson..
More than anything Sarabella wanted to rush head first into the plans that Jackson was making for them, for her and Nala but as she reminded him more than once, what he was doing was no light undertaking. Matters of the heart were not the bigger concerns or issues awaiting them both. She knew certainty when she saw it and Jackson was certain of what he wanted. She knew certainty when she felt it and she could not have been more certain that she and the man who had been assigned, been chosen to save her from death were meant to be more than they were, but there were still so many obstacles standing in their way. Neither one of them could be certain how long resolving those issues would take and Sara freely admitted to herself and to Jackson that her duties to Hallia for the time being had to be put first. How long could any man be comfortable with being second in the life of the woman they claimed to love?
Nala will be overjoyed to learn that you will be in Hallia, as for telling her anything more, as much as I do not want to hide anything from her, she is still a child with the hopes and dreams of a child and I cannot and will not get her hopes of one day having a real family again up for the time being. You have to understand Jackson... I mean I know you understand that this could take a very long time and I cannot let Nala wait so long or else she might start to lose that hope. Your entire way of life is about to be changed Jackson Shadow, and to think you would accept these changes so willingly speaks more about your character than any words ever could. I have to tell you Jackson, that all of this scares me, these risks you are willing to take, that your family is willing to take. I just do not want to see you hurt.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 pm

As soon as he double checked he was not forgetting anything to do with Payne he went back through the shadows. He knew that Payne had the best medicine possible anyways. He had Cori there and even if that could not lift Payne’s spirit nothing could. He smiled as he got back to Ialia. He went to his wife’s side and kissed her.
Have time to spend with a returning husband? Your brother will be ok Cori is home and well needless to say your nieces are in a lot of trouble. I left Cori with what Payne will need and told Timon what Rouko needs. His disposition would be a lot better if his horseshoes were ok.
He grinned and spun her around with a grin.
But now my attention is on a certain Princess who I need to have the attention of. Know any princesses that would want to spend time with me? You know I heard that a certain princess has a certain weakness for Bright blue eyes. But that could be just rumor.
He was happy just to be back with her. He winked at her.
I do believe that my wife said something about me spending some time with her to make up for me having to be gone.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:15 pm

I know it is good to see Ema and Zane so happy. At least when I have to go to get things checked for the wedding it is not that hard and not much needs done. I know Ema was excited about the design that she came up with that you should be wearing. Though to me it does not matter what you wear you are beautiful to me no matter what. The ways she was touched was finding out what you and your father were going through. She was able to still be here and all people just did not know it. I hope that none of us have to witness anymore horrors.

He smiled and took her hand and started to walk with her. He did not care about anything more than spending time with her. He smiled and kissed her.

This is one of my favorite times of the year when things start to change. Then in the spring when everything starts coming to life again showing no matter what happens things can be renewed. Well you could deny the Captain of the Guard but I would hope you could not deny me because you love spending time with me. I was thinking we could just go walking around and see what all is going on. I like the idea of you having your time solely for me for the rest of the day.

He smiled and walked her down the way that he knew that would have the best colors at the time. He smiled watching her and was happy to walk with her just looking at the trees and everything. Any moment spent with her was special to him
Last edited by James Kensington on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 pm

I can understand that about not wanting to get Nala’s hopes up but she is a smart child. I know you do not want to get her hopes up but I do not care how long it takes we will have all of this. I know that you have to protect Nala from being hurt. I do not care how long it takes we will have those chickens of yours.

He smiled at her and he nudged her slightly and winked at her.

As for me not being hurt well I think I am going to try and avoid that one. Though you know I like seeing the two females that have been making sure I am taking care of what needs to be done. I know that my entire life is about to change but it is a change that I welcome. I also know that the things with the Kingdom have to come first. I understand all that and I do not care what has to be done I am telling you now we will have that future together. My family is willing to take these risks because we know that you are in danger and I do not want anything to happen to you or to Nala. I could take near anything except for if something happened to you or to Nala.

He smiled and stood with her and grinned. He knew that it was going to be quite a busy time once they got there. He smiled shaking his head slightly.

Just do me a favor don’t get all snobbish as a Queen ok, do we have a deal on that?

He started laughing and kissed her pulling around her waist. He knew that she was not like that at all but it really was not a worry for him and he knew that. He believe that she could never be like that.

So should we go and take the little one and save Lucky. She is still trying to get him down she is stubborn.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:55 am

I am so sorry Ardis...
The twins were sitting in their fathers study, Astrid watched her sister drink down one full snifter of their fathers Berdruskan Dark without so much as wincing, then Ardis drank down another before she slammed the glass on his desk so hard Astrid thought the glass was going to break.
You're sorry? Astrid I tried to tell you this was not going to end well...
Astrid felt the weight of guilt pressing down on her. Ardis had warned her but they were both at such a loss, and Valiant wasn't helping any, usually when his sisters got hair brained schemes in their heads, which did not happen often, he was the one that talked them down but they hadn't seen hide nor hair of their little brother.
I know I know. I'll talk to Mommy once she's settled down some, maybe she'll take back what she said and she won't ban you from the Guard.
Ardis turned around to look at her sister like she really had gone stupid and lost her ability to think.
Mommy? You're worried about Mommy? Oh no Ardis we have something... someone other than Mommy to fear... you don't know our father like I do. Calm, reserved Paynehthion Ethrorrian King of Firyon can turn into a demon faster than any of those we know so well... Astrid you really don't know our father as well as you think you do. You haven't seen him when he's been pushed and has had enough. You might as well go say your farewells to your husband right now because we'll both be lucky if there's anything left of us at all by the time our father is through with us.
Ardis threw herself into a chair set before the hearth, blue eyes danced with the flames flickering from the fire.
Banned from the Guard... I busted my ass for over a year to get back and in the space of a few hours I lost it all over again. Just go find Ash Astrid, there isn't anything you can say or do that is going to fix this.
Ardis felt her sisters hand on her shoulder and the gentle squeeze she gave before Ardis heard her sister leave the room and Ardis leaned forward just watching the fire.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kayne » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:28 am

Your daughter is in another one of her fine moods your Majesty..
Kayne walked into the Grand Hall of Autumnvale with a scowl on her face and a sight on her lips. The trouble with Pallia was behind them but there were still matters to be settled and perhaps even a war of their own on Iallias' horizons, a war not to be fought on any dirt field of battle but one to be waged behind closed doors of council rooms. Zhulin was waiting for her like he did every morning so they could share the first meal of the day together, it was a habit they started long ago, when Kayne would take her morning meal on whatever balcony she could find, they still met on the balcony most mornings but this morning the air had felt a little too chilly, frost had covered the grounds so the Grand Hall it was. Going to where he was sitting she leaned and placed a small kiss near his ear then took her seat across from him. They always sat opposite one another so they could see each others faces.
This whole business with Hallia, it keeps her from home longer than she likes, and keeps her from Pallia even longer... do you have any idea what time she arrived this morning? Just before dawn and she looks like hell. She's bitchy and she very colorfully informed me that if she has to take one more meeting with this Franklin Hallsdale she may very well say to hell with negotiations and simply kill him just to get him out of the way. Sarabella needs to return to Hallia and soon. I was thinking that the next meeting in Hallia... I would go instead of Zuri, she's reaching a breaking point Zhulin and as brilliant as she is, she's not quite up to my level just yet... she needs some time away I think, to rest and to see Brayden... what do you think puppet? Should we make a trip to Hallia and let our Princess have a little time to have a life of her own for a bit?
User avatar
Kayne
Stablehand
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Zhulin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:39 am

I think what needs to be done is we need to go get Sarabella and Nala, then go there. We need to make sure no one interferes with her taking over as Queen and we will help in any way necessary while we try and get things together. I would not be surprised if we ended up with more going with us. Nala being Nala probably has half of Pallia watching out for her now. Yes I think Zuri needs to be able to have some time to herself. Franklin from what I have heard can be a bit demanding and all.

He smiled looking over at her, his hand reached across the table to hold hers. He knew the process could be long but they would be there to help Sara in any way possible.

Speaking of taking time off James has Mikel overlooking things today. He was wanting to spend smetime with Iliana I told him that was not a problem. I know none of this has been easy on anyone. Now I do hope that Zuri has learned to play nice with Iliana.

He knew that his daughter at times would speak out against the woman that James loved. He could understand that she felt the need to protect her uncle. He knew James being closer in age with her had really bonded with her from the time she was born. He smiled thinking of his family and all that they had. It was a shame that so much tragedy had touched the family as well.
Between nowhere and somewhere
Member of WTF
User avatar
Zhulin
Stablehand
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:29 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Devyn Deamons » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:53 pm

I saw you as something more than the mages son... and I still do.
So much had happened, there was still so much to understand, so much to get passed but Devyn knew without doubt or question that Kyle was a better man than those born before him, that he was good and loyal, true and compassionate. His heart was made with a great capacity to love and he chose to love her. How could anyone doubt him or think him the same as his kin? She wouldn't stand for it, her mother wouldn't stand for it and Devyn was blessed enough to have a father with not only the heart of a lion but also a rational, understanding mind.
You can't let what some in my family think Kyle, hell someone is always at odds with someone else, it's just the way of it in my family, we're so big we cannot all get along all the time and we aren't always going to agree with each other either. The point is the only one you should concern yourself with... the only one whose thoughts of you should matter are mine. Well maybe my parents too, my father could snap you in half and my mother could drink you dry but you are lucky, they like you and have accepted you as part of the family. So no more worries and no more talk of guilt. You have nothing to feel guilty about.
He then asked her a question that she wasn't quite sure how to answer. Devyn loved Kyle, she knew that but how could she tell him that she wasn't ready for marriage yet without making him think she was pushing him away or rejecting him? Sighing she turned on her back and looked up at the ceiling.
Would I want to get married? Someday, but not yet. Too much has happened, too much is still happening, we all need time to adjust and to settle. I love you Kyle there is no denying that but right now, at this moment I'm just ready to be a wife. I kind of like this whole living in sin deal we have going...
She glanced over to him not sure what his reaction was going to be.
I don't need any laws, or papers to tell me that I belong with you, that I belong to you, we've survived living this way so far and the gods haven't stricken us down yet... I'm not saying I never want to get married, I'm just saying I'd like to wait a little while...
Devyn Deamons
Stablehand
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:01 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:09 pm

The boy wants to what?!
I almost grabbed that healer by the throat but what good would that have done? It didn't help any that I was completely blown away by the little bit of news that he laid on me. Jackson Shadow, his son and the man who had almost died protecting my Sara and Saras Nala wanted to marry the Princess.
Is he crazy? Don't answer that healer, it's probably genetic... does he have any idea the chaos that would cause? No one knows for certain if Hallia is going to fall under Iallian rule which means that for the rest of her life Sarabella could be Queen! Taking a commoner as a mate is not unheard of, of course that isn't the issue...
I freely admit I was pacing back and forth and maybe even ranting a little but honestly! Did these people think it was as easy as saying vows and that was it? Good Gods!
Did he tell you this or are you just trying to get me to fight with you again? I swear to the gods Mathias Shadow, there are plenty of other subjects we can fight over, like how stubborn and bossy and demanding you are, like how you walk around thinking you know everything about everything and everyone. I could go rounds with you about all of that for decades you don't need to play pranks like this to get me ready to punch your face in.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kayne » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:48 pm

We can't go get Sara and then go to Hallia. Let me explain why. Sarabella is to be Queen... she needs to go to Hallia on her own. If we go with her, it will look like she is afraid of what she is to do, and even if she is afraid she isn't going to let anyone see that fear. Half her country already knows that she tried to have her own brother killed, and those people support her, will look out for her. Those who don't support her also know she tried to have Jason killed and it is to all of these people that she has to make her stand on her own. An entourage from Pallia would be expected to be with her after all she is traveling from their lands and anyone who knows a damn thing about Kiara and Losa will not see anything off about it if she shows up in Iallia with guards up the ass so to speak. But if we are with before any formal meetings or any such thing, truth is I don't know what kind of light that will shed on Sarabella.
Kayne kissed the inside of Zhulins hand then sat back taking a bite from a bagel. A brow went up while she chewed and a gleam came into her eyes.
Of course being her godparents... no one would bat an eyelash if we arrived in Hallia the next day, you know out of concern for our goddaughter and there will be preparations that would have to be made for Saras coronation and such. It would give me a better idea what Zuri beens dealing with, even though I already know what a piece of shit Franklin is... still to see for myself, would be a good thing.
She swallowed what she had in her mouth then took another bite, thinking more while she chewed. She thought about Zuri and the situation with Iliana and snorted a little.
Zuri mentioned something about feeding Talos to the dogs? I believe this is one of Ilianas pets? So I would have to say that our daughter has still not made peace with the black robe. You know on one hand I can't blame Zuri. That year you were gone, James was my own little guardian and he did everything he could to try and make me smile or laugh again. He would sit in my room with me for hours with his reading work and read out loud to Zuri while she was still in the womb, he would be the one as soon as he heard me getting sick to come running to hold my hair, he even asked me to teach him how to braid it. Then after she was born, you thought he was bad needing to be around us after you came home? That was nothing compared to how he was the two months after she was born and we still didn't know you were alive. For so long Zuri was everything to James you know that, and you also know to this day she thinks the sky and the seas were made just because he lives. Zuri was all right with Annie until Annies test you know that and then gods above when she struck James down for real... yes yes I know she did it to save you and Zuri knows that but she still cannot get over Annies test or that she is a black robe. This will work itself out you'll see. Either that or James will put an end to it himself. So it's settled then? When we go to Hallia we'll send Zuri to Pallia?
User avatar
Kayne
Stablehand
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:13 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Will you listen to your damn self when you speak or do you speak just to speak? You know sometimes I wonder about you. Are you too blind to things to even see the way the two of them look at each other. Can you not see how Sara looks at Jackson or how Jackson looks at her? So my commoner son is good enough to almost die to protect Sara but is not good enough to stand by her side? You know with the way you act no wonder why no man chases after you. Your attitude about things suck. The way you act you almost act like a snobbish freaking noble woman. At least that is one thing that Sara definitely does not act like you with. I will tell you this though no one better interfere in the matters that are between Sara and Jackson.

He looked at her and shook his head. No one could infuriate him so much in such a short time too. He turned and shook his head.

I am not playing any damn prank, what Sara does not deserve someone that sees the world rising and setting around her and Nala? Do you even see how Nala looks at Jackson. When she hurt her knee who was it that she went running to find. She needs Jackson, and there are some ways my son is like me. Yes I am stubborn and so is my son which means the likes of you will not get him to give up what he knows he wants and needs. I swear to the gods you have not seen anything yet as what you will see if you try to interfere between Jackson and Sara.


He grinned at her and just shrugged slightly too.

As far as knowing everything about everyone. That is just your read on things, but I do know people. I have been helping many people for years not just standing guard for one. I know you could go round and round with me about things but your views would still be wrong.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:39 pm

I was going to kill him. Why? Because he doesn't listen and only hears what he wants to hear. Didn't you see me tell him that the fact that his son was a commoner was NOT the issue? Yeah I thought that's what I said. I also recall him that royalty marrying outside of their social circle was not unheard of. Maybe I didn't put it simply enough for him to understand but that did not give him the damn right to just light into me .... again.
Woah! Excuse me? I didn't say Jackson wasn't good enough clean out your ears and stop ranting like the gods damn village idiot!
I got as close as I would allow myself to get to this man just so I didn't reach out and strangle him to death and made damn sure I spoke loud enough for him to hear me clearly this time.
I SAID IT WASN'T UNHEARD OF FOR A ROYAL TO TAKE A COMMONER AS A MATE AND THAT WAS NOT THE ISSUE. Did you hear me clearly this time?
For all his talk of knowing people he sure as hell didn't know the first thing about me and he sure as hell didn't know how to handle talking like a normal person to me. Where he got the idea that I tromped around acting high and mighty was beyond me, maybe it was because even at my most relaxed I'm always watching everything around me? Hell I don't know but if anyone needed to be brought down from their high horse it sure as hell wasn't me.
For all your intelligence you are damn stupid Mathias the Healer and for someone who claims to know people so well I would have thought you had the sense to understand just what I was speaking of... you really have no idea what life is like in Hallia or what it has been like serving the royals of both Hallia and Iallia for decades. You know nothing of the politics and inner workings of what it means to rule a realm so of course how could I expect you to understand my concerns for both Sarabella AND your son. Maybe you need to spend a little time speaking with the King of Pallia and maybe he can enlighten you to both the good and bad and everything in between that comes with being a royal. I do not act anything like a snob but I do act as is expected of me as one of the Royal Guard and as Saras guardian. And as Saras madre... I would never NEVER get in the way of what makes her happy and for you to assume that I would shows just how very little you know you overgrown pompous little boy!
I was so aggravated with this man and his preconceived notions of who I was, and how he thought that everything was just going to be made all better by him and his son going to Hallia that I had to walk away before I really did something that I knew I would regret. I've never so much as raised hand to anyone who didn't raise their to me first but the temptation to flatten Mathias Shadow was so great it was almost overwhelming so I was left with no choice but to walk away before he started running his mouth again. Okay so I didn't walk. I ran like my feet had wings and I kept on running until I couldn't run anymore and despite the autumn chill in the air by the time I was through I was sweating and hot so I thought the best way to cool down was to just throw myself in the nearest body of water I could find. What I found was no ordinary body of water that's for damn sure and I recalled hearing of a place named Lilys Valley. Surely where I was standing had to be it because I have never seen anything quite like it in all my days, and there have been many days. Magic just seemed to breathed through every flower, tree, plant and blade of grass. The waters of the fall cascading down into the pristine blue pool seemed to sing a gentle soft melody, needless to say there are not enough words to describe this enchanting area. After I stripped down to my underclothes I dove into that water thinking it would be as cool as the air around it but imagine my surprise when the warmth of the liquid enveloped me and almost instantly every muscle relaxed, every bit of frustration I felt just melted away....
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Supper passed by almost uneventfully, or at least as uneventfully as possible, Nala always made the days and nights an event, there was one moment where she had everyone sitting at the long tables in the Great Hall choking and reaching for glasses of ale, water or whatever else they could find when she so matter of factly announced that she caught her Sarabell and Jackson sleeping together, and in her innocent way let everyone know that Jackson snored. Sarabella turned eighty shades of red, Jackson explained that Sara had fallen asleep when they had been talking and then he let Nala know that not everyone needed to know their business which made Kiara and Losa laugh so hard tears rolled down their cheeks while they eyed their oldest son, which prompted Kiara to tell them a story involving Aidan and how he learned two new words one afternoon. All in all the night had been filled with laughter and it made Sara want more than anything to be a part of it all, to have her own family, her own stories to tell. Sara did notice that Mathias and Ellysia were not at supper and she silently hoped that they didn't finally give in and kill one another, that would definitely put a damper on all of their plans. When supper was over Nala ran ahead of Jackson and Sara while they walked hand in hand through the hall.
We can tell Nala that you, your father and your brother are coming to Hallia before she goes down for the night. But are you sure that Braxton still intends on coming with you Jackson? I don't know if you've noticed or not but he spends alot of time talking with Lady Abigale and even more time watching her.
Sarabellas light laugh floated through the hall catching the attention of some but she didn't notice, all of her attention was on the man walking beside her and the little girl chattering away to whom ever she passed skipping in front of her. She sighed heavily and leaned her head on his shoulder while they walked to main doors for the stargazing that Mathias had promised Nala.
I wish it could stay like this... that this was the life I had to return to instead of having to... I'm sorry I know I complain too much when I should be grateful of all that I do have, I know this, it's just seeing how life is here, how complex and yet so simple at the same time, there is so much love and strength in this family, on these lands... this life... I could see Nala growing up here, raising children of our own here... we could be so happy here Jackson... I could be so happy here and I wouldn't even need chickens.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Zhulin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:14 am

I guess you are right Sara would need to be there before us. We could contact her and get this going. The sooner things are taken care of the better. I am not sure about this Franklin myself. Sending Zuri to Pallia would be good for her too. I am sure she misses Brayden. She really does need to back off of this stuff with Annie though. James loves Annie and I do not think Zuri is going to like what is going to happen if she does not back off. I know all that James did while I was believed to be dead. I have been told about it many times. I know that she does not understand what is between Annie and James. Maybe she would have been happier if Annie had let things go and Kiara was dead, and I was turned or dead.

He was not amused with the way things were going with his daughter. He knew that Zuri and James were close but her behavior was unexcusable. He pushed away his plate of food with his free hand he was no longer hungry. The more he thought about it, the more screwed up things seemed.

I am not very hungry anymore I will wait til you are done then I was to meet with Mikel for a bit. We both know James plans on marrying Annie when she is ready to. Then Mikel and Casey will take charge of things for a little bit for James. I know that Kiara and Losa will make sure Sara is taken care of and for her trip home also. After all it was Jackson that Aidan sent to Sara that saved her and Nala. I do believe he is part of the reason Sara has not gone back yet wanting to make sure he is healed and all. I keep thinking about that, and how close we came to losing all of them.

He kissed her hand and waited for her to be done. He would walk with her while she had her things to do and he had his he would go with her until his meeting because they also had things to do.
Between nowhere and somewhere
Member of WTF
User avatar
Zhulin
Stablehand
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:29 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 am

He smiled as they walked hand in hand with Nala in front of them. He thought about what she said about Abigale and Braxton. He had to grin some.

I know Braxton plans on coming with us. Though I do know what you mean about him with her. He already told Dad he was coming though and he will go through with what he told our father. I know that he will probably end up going back and forth. Maybe we should wait to tell Nala if you tell her before bed time she might be too excited.

When she put her head against his shoulder he smiled and moved his arm down around her waist. He watched Nala while they walked. He knew his father would meet up with them. His father would never break what he said to a child.

I know you do not want things to change Sara. This is what has to be done though at least until things can get settled. I know that this life here is more of what you would want. Just think though with what you need to do you will be helping many families. Then once that is taken care of then we will come back here and you will have all that you want. And you will have to have your chickens as well. I would not let you not have them as they are part of your dream after all.

He smiled and kissed her and went to sit near where he knew his father liked to watch the stars from usually. He smiled as they sat down and had Nala come sit with them as well. They saw a shooting star and he grinned.

You know that means that we can make a wish

He knew what he would wish for and he smiled looking to the two that worked their way into his heart so easily.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 am

I do not think any member of any guard needs to act so snobbish. Maybe you were just not taught how to act around people. No matter to me, what I do is for my family, for my sons. I find it laughable that you would not admit to the way you act and that you result to name calling like some young child. Here I thought I was dealing with an adult with an adult mind but you have shown me I was wrong. I am dealing with the outward appearance of an adult but behavior wise just a child.

He laughed as he shook his head watching her take off. He went to go meet up with Sara, Jackson and Nala he was sure that by now they would be out to see the stars. He knew where to find them as he had gone to the same spot for a few nights to watch the stars. He grinned seeing them and scooped up Nala.

Hello there little one, now did you see any special stars or anything so far? I am sorry I am late I was out on a walk.

He grinned and tickled Nala before putting her back down and sitting down. He looked up to the stars and started to look around in the sky. It seemed like a perfect night to watch the stars.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:11 am

Don't bullshit me Mathias you were fighting with Ellysia again. You know you're too damn mean to her, you just don't know how hard her job is do you? Why if it weren't for Jackson taking on as much as he has lately Elly would never sleep!
Sarabellas eyes went wide and her snapped over to Nala who was now standing with her hands on her hips looking like a little mother scolding one of her children. Sara was on her feet and grabbing Nala by the arm completely appalled by her nieces choice of words and her behavior.
Nala! Who taught you to talk like that? Ladies do not behave in such a way and we certainly do not speak such words especially to our elders! You will apologize this instant to Mathias and Jackson both for having ruined what was meant to be a special evening! Now Nala.
Sara already knew where her niece had picked up the newest colorful addition to her vocabulary, they were surrounded day and day out by men and women who were in constant training and whose personalities were like diamonds in the rough, just about everyone that Sara had met was outgoing and just as outspoken, that still didn't excuse her behavior and bad manners.
But Sarabell it's true! He is mean to Elly! I know Elly can be mean too but he's always taking everything she says the wrong way!
Sara got down on one knee so she eye level with Nala and she made sure that her niece understood the severity of her actions.
Whether that is true or not is of no concern to you Lady Nala. You may think you are grown enough to handle grown up issues but you are not and whatever issues Mathias and Ellysia have are theirs to resolve not yours. Now you have until the count of three to speak your apologies and you will be sincere with those apologies before I...
Sara didn't even get to finish what she was going to say. Nalas shoulders dropped as did her head and she sighed heavily.
I'm sorry I spoke wrong like that Mathias, and Jackson I'm sorry I ruined the night by being a brat. I don't know what came over me really, maybe it's this place, not that I think it's a bad place, I like it here alot you know...
Sara was surprised when Nala grabbed Mathias by the hand, her eyes were as wide as moons and she was tugging at his hand pleading with him.
Oh no! Please don't tell Queen Kiara I was bad Mathias! You know she eats little girls don't you? Especially ones that are bad! I am sorry really I am and I will try and be good just it's hard sometimes!
Saras eyes rolled towards the night sky and she pried Nalas hand from Mathias trying not to laugh.
The Queen is not going to eat you Nala but you are going to bed now and you will go right to sleep. Jackson and I would like to talk with you in the morning, so you need to go right to sleep do you understand me?
Nala nodded vigorously and Sara took her hand.
I'm going to go get her settled in then.... if by chance either of you see Ellysia before she turns in for the night can you please inform her that I need to speak with her. She's been overseeing the preparations for our return to Hallia and I want to know what progress she has made. Say goodnight Nala...
Nala blew each of the men a kiss and waved telling them both goodnight and thirty minutes later she was sound asleep while Sara sat in their room before a fire drinking some hot tea to help calm her restlessness.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Chase Bowers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:30 am

Of course we can go up to see our family up at the hall. I know it was hard for you with all that was going on. That Losa has always been there and all. I am sure he will be glad to see you too. I am not sure how much of anything that he will remember. Everything is starting to get to its place, there is still some restlessness with some but even that I am sure will change.

He smiled up at her and he grinned and kissed her. He got up with her and kept his arm around her.

A lot has changed Avery. I know I can not go back to those thoughts again. I would not ant to go back to that way of thinking again either. I have you and our child. Our son is going to grow up knowing that he is loved by both of us. I have all I could ever want, I have a family that loves me. I have a wife that loves me, and that I love more than anything.

He grinned and kissed her he could not help but smile. He found that he was smiling more day to day than ever before. He knew it was because of his renewed life and all that it had meant for him.

So shall we go my love?
User avatar
Chase Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 am

He stayed and talked with his father a bit, after talking with him he went to check on Nala and Sara. He was quiet while going in to check on them. Finding Sara by the fire he went by her sitting down on the floor at her legs and looked up at her with a smile.

You know Nala is right those two fight more than anything. I do not know if there is a thing those two can agree on. She settle down easy enough tonight?

He smiled up at her and leaned up and kissed her. His hand found hers to hold and he grinned at her. He could not help but smile. His thumb ran over the back of her hand. With a smile he reached up and touched her face.

I know you have a lot of worries Sara but we will be there with you to try and help in any way that we can. I know it does not make everything magically better but still we will be there to help. That kid is something else. I hope once things settle a little more she can be just a kid, let her enjoy her childhood the best that she can. She has already been through so much in her short life.

He smiled looking over at the sleeping girl.

So what has you awake still?
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:20 am

As right as Nala may be she is not going to start acting like a thug, she forgot her place and needed to be reminded of that.
One hand held the cup that Sara sipped from absentmindedly, the other rested in Jacksons hand, going through the same motions with her thumb along his skin as his did with hers.
She went right to sleep. I told her we had a secret to tell her but the only way we would tell her is if she slept like she was told to and needed to.
When he started talking about Nala and how she needed a normal childhood, Sara smiled softly thinking that there could not be a more suitable or loving male figure in Nalas life now that Peter was gone.
Oh I was just thinking about how I am going to miss Pallia and all the freedoms that Nala and I have found here. You know I've said this so much now it must make your ears hurt to hear it again, but once we are in Hallia, everything is going to change Jackson. My time will not be my own, and you are going to hear and see a great many things that you may not like... I know you said you understand that, but for the sake of what we are trying to do it is so important that no one acts out in a way that could jeopardize these plans. The Crown Princess of Iallia has been working tirelessly in the efforts to bring Hallia under Iallian rule, her part in all of this will become easier to a degree once I take the throne but there is still so much that needs to be done and so many laws to work through. Ellysia does not spend her days hunting down your father to fight with him you know... have you noticed that she is barely here when the sun is in the sky? She has been meeting with some of my supporters... people we trust and have trusted since the day of my birth, such as Richard Carson... I've never seen her so on edge though and I think there are some people who just misunderstand her because they have never encountered anyone like her before, but I am getting off point aren't I?
Tomorrow after the morning meal Sara would tell Nala that Jackson and his family were coming to Hallia, and then they would set out... it was not a trip that Sara was looking forward to.
Tomorrow we leave this world behind and head for another world that I know you and your family are not used to. I know you will do whatever it takes to adjust I just hope when all is said and done no matter the outcome that you will still see me as you see me right now. The crown and title may be there, the gowns and jewels and the royal court along with all the responsibilities of state will be there, but I would like to think that I would still be the same.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:59 am

I know that Nala can not be acting like that even if what she said was right in some ways. I actually think neither of them know how to take the other. Hopefully that will change though and soon. I talked to my father a bit after you left. I think they just do not see where the other is coming from. If they were able to start doing that then I think they would be ok.

He smiled up at her and his hand still held hers.

You know there are still stars out tonight and there is a balcony right there. We could still see the stars and hear Nala if she was to have any problem.


He knelt in front of her looking at her. He knew that things were not going to be easy. He kissed her and touched her face with his free hand.

Sara, I know that things will change and I may not like everything that I see or hear. I know you will have duties to tend to as the head of Halia. I know there are somethings I will not be able to do anything about. As I said I will stay in line as long as no one thinks to try and harm you or Nala. I know that being Queen is not the life you want but it is done out of necessity for the moment.

He was looking at her and was smiling.

Your heart and who you are will not change because of some title, and for those reasons how I see you will not change. I just hope that you can understand that I can not and will not let harm come to you or Nala. If Franklin thinks to raise a hand to you, he may find himself without a hand or a broken hand. There is one matter I do need to take care of in the morning before we leave but I can do that first thing in the morning
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:46 am

As much as I would love to spend all my time with you darlin' ya just got back a wee bit too late.
Payten was up and dressed not in any formal attire or anything so fancy that it gave away who she was in Iallia, not that she needed all the frills and fuss, her hair alone usually gave away her identity, still she was hoping to avoid all the hoopla when she left the palace to run her errands. She knew full well the only reason she was even known was because of the story. Her story. Paynes story. Cyranda Janes story. The called it The Time of the Wolves, that time so long ago when Payten was discovered in Pallia by the proxy rulers of Firyon, Payten and Paynes own cousin had tried to force Payten into marrying him to "preserve the bloodline", a bloodline which Payten soon learned was not quite as tainted as she had been led to believe, and she also discovered she was not Firyons only heir. Enter her brother Payne and everything changed for Payten and for Firyon, for them all.
Your oldest has your youngest running for cover, Annie has had to stand still for more dress fittings in one afternoon than I've ever seen anyone have to suffer through. I think she ran away with James just to get away from Ema for a little while but that doesn't mean I'm off the hook. I've been given specific instructions by your firstborn to go to Melody Hall, you do know that's the local tavern for all the high society snobs around here... and I'm to bake... yes you heard me she wants me to cook for her... those cookies she loves so much with the cream cheese and apricot filling.
Payten threw Aranor a wink.
So that means I'll probably end up behind the bar too, ya know old habits do die a wee bit hard and I have missed playin' the part of a bar wench... maybe I'll get lucky and some man with eyes that could bring any woman to their knees will drop in... that is of course after he's rested from his trip. So Astrid and Ardis were playin' game were they? Not a good thing for them to be tanglin' with Payne like that, thought those girls knew their father was the silent but deadly type? Well they'll learn soon enough. Anyway off to bed with ya Aranor Shadow, and I will see you later yes?
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Avery Panton » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 am

It's too late to go now, Kiara has probably already left to feed, my Uncle is probably waiting for her to come back and I sure as hell don't want to interrupt whats most likely going to be going on when she gets back.
Stretching her hands went to her belly, the babe growing inside seemed sound asleep and Avery thought he had the right idea, but she was still a little too awake and knew she wouldn't be able to fall right to sleep.
What went on around here was a cakewalk for me compared to what so many others had to deal with, I just happened to be a little more bitchy about it all, blame the hormones. I just hope that soon everyone will be able to come back to Pallia, not that Pallia was ever really home for some of us, not me you fool you know this has always been my home. I mean Iliana, that's the one bad thing about living here. Something that is supposed to be secret ends up with the whole Elite knowing. How people can talk the way they do sometimes is beyond me and pretty damn disgusting too. Gods know I've had my share of gossip mongers to deal with but for Iliana and Losa both to have to put up with it especially now, I swear if I wasn't carrying this child I'd just start cutting peoples tongues out. This is probably a horrid thing to say and if I'm wretched for it so be it but I hope that my Uncle remembers everything... best to deal with all and get it over with than have to deal with it a piece at a time, I'm sure Jade has talked it all over with him though. Still it will all need to be dealt with sooner or later I just hope the fall out from that isn't so bad. Anyway, how's this sound? We have a snack, take a bath then go to bed?
User avatar
Avery Panton
Stablehand
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Are you sure I can not convince you to stay here? You know I will end up going with you. We all know I can not sleep without you there. Plus you know when you get behind the bar some guys get the wrong idea. Those are my ears and ass to play with no one else's.

He grinned at her watching her. He did like to see her when she was behind the bar. He grinned at her and kissed her.

Are you sure that I can not convince you to skip the baking for now and stay here with me? I am sure Annie does not need a reason to run off somewhere with James. I know she is still dealing with a lot. I do not think that James is going to let anyone speak a word against her.


He shook his head and looked at her.

From what I gather your nieces thought bringing a look a like for their mother and putting the woman in Payne and Cori's bed, then having Cori find them. So yeah it was quite a bit of mess no wonder why your brother was hurting even before the horse incident. As I said though he will be ok. I am not that tired really anyways, I actually had other things in mind. I do recall my wife saying that I needed to make up for the time I was gone.


He grinned and kissed her and looked at her and wrapped her in his arms. He got a gleam in his eyes.

Are you sure that I can not convince you to leave the baking to another time.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Chase Bowers » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 pm

We can do that if it is what you want to do. Maybe tomorrow we can go up to the Hall and visit with everyone. We can have the evening meal up there too, if you are wanting to. I know about the talk of Annie and Losa. There was nothing that I could do, tried to get Alistar's attention on something else but it did not work. I know that it was not easy on Annie at all. So what would you like for a snack?

He smiled watching his wife he loved watching her and knowing that their child was inside of her. With a grin he leaned and kissed her.

I know that this has always been home for you. Annie on the other hand I do not think she ever felt as comfortable as when she is with James in Ialia. I know eventually everyone will be together again. It is just going to take sometime. I know it is not easy at all either. But no matter what our family has gone through we all pull together and make it through. You know that Aidan is already handing out orders and everything. Losa and Kiara are not going to let anyone speak ill of Annie either. Not that it makes it easier.


He waited to see just what she wanted for a snack then once that was ready he would see about getting the bath ready for her. He liked taking care of her.
User avatar
Chase Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron