Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Harper Shadow » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:47 pm

I broke my damn hand over you Trifton Wakefield and I have told you three times now that I love you? What the hell is there to be confused about?
He asked her why she thought what she did earlier was protecting them both and the truth was she didn't have an answer. The hell she didn't, she knew why.
Cards on the table here Trifton... I've known for a while now that I love you and honestly I wasn't ready to own up to it to you or anyone else not knowing for damn sure if you felt the same way. I mean sure I know you loved me as a friend but as more than that? Hell if I knew what was going on with you so maybe I was a little scared... okay a hell of a alot of scared because I wasn't ready to give up that much of myself and have it blow up in my face. There so now you know and are you still confused because honestly my stomach is growling I'm so damn hungry and if I have to stand here and try and unconfuse you anymore I might just start eating the leaves off the trees.
User avatar
Harper Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:02 pm

So what? Now you're saying without actually saying the words that she's thoughtless and selfish because she didn't ask about me or the girls? Payne! That is the most insane, idiotic...

Payten was three seconds away from choking her brother and she thought she might even enjoy doing it too.

Number one don't throw your responsibilities as King at me, you're right I never wanted this and I gladly gave it all up but that doesn't mean I don't know what you have to deal with day in and day out and I also know that you have a Queen who has stood by you through it all, who has loved you and supported you in everything you have ever done. Do you hear yourself Payne? Do you hear what you're doing? You're talking like you've already made up your mind Payne. Aranor only came after me because he was told I was dying while bringing his daughter into the world Payne or did you forget that? You remember how heartbroken I was when I thought Aranor had turned on me? Think about what Cori must be feeling right now... and then remember.... she doesn't have a brother like mine who will try and help her see both the right and the wrong Payne. Whatever happens I love you and will be here for you no matter what. I just hope that the no matter what ends up being what you truly want.

Payten kissed her brothers cheek and left him to his thoughts. She knew that everyone had troubles in their relationships but she had never seen Cori and Payne have even the slightest of arguments so how was it that everything seemed to be falling apart so fast? She just hoped and prayed that they would be able to work their way back to each other before it was too late.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:14 pm

We always have to be running to make sure her brothers, her aunts and uncles, her cousins and others are all ok in Pallia. She can not take a step back after seeing they were all fine. No instead she had to show boat for a couple of the younger elite than spend time with me. Then when I said I was coming to make sure you were ok not even a hint of wanting to come with. Yet I am expected to be there making sure her family is ok, what about my family? Aranor would have come for you anyways not just because of what was going on. That is the type of love you two have and have had. Maybe what Cori feels for me is not the same that she always had, there was a time she would never have gone off like that. Maybe I will just return to Firyon tonight, in fact there are things I need to see to there anyways.

He did just that after his sister left he thanked those in Ialia for the hospitality and returned home to the empty room that he once shared with his wife and just stretched out on the bed. He did have things to take care of right now though was his time with his thoughts.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Trifton Wakefield » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:45 pm

You eating leaves off a tree this I might have to see for myself. Actually I am quite hungry myself. So guess the inn it is and see what is going on there. I am sure that things everywhere are getting put back together. I love you too Harper

He took her good hand in his and walked with her. He was not sure what else to say what else could be said. After all that they have had going on it was peaceful just to be walking together. He grinned at her and leaned over and placed a kiss near her ear.

You know this would go a hell of a lot quicker if you brought us through the shadows.


He grinned and kept walking as close as he could to her. With a smile on his face.
User avatar
Trifton Wakefield
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:59 pm

You know this will probably work but you know we're going to be dead when the truth gets out don't you? Ash is going to be a widow and Phillip is going to just move on to the next thing that...

Ardis saw the look her sister shot her and she grinned.

Hey this is your idea not mine I'm just bringing the... supplies?

Astrid shook her head at her sister.

They haven't talked in two weeks, our mother does nothing but sit in Pallia locked up in her room crying all the damn time... our father walks around like a damn zombie thinking she doesn't love him anymore... someone has to do something. How in the hell did it get this far? If neither one of them wants to be the first to make a move then gods damn it we will.

Usually Ardis thought her sisters plans were brilliant but this one... this plan of hers was scary and dangerous on so many levels it made Ardis question her sisters sanity.

Okay I get that but like this? Christ sissy it's going to cause major and I do MAJOR as in the world could be brought to its knees kind of major problems and if it backfires? What if he's just given up and doesn't give a shit and what if she gets angry enough... hell Astrid what if she gets so mad she just kills him on the spot?

Astrid was looking out of her bedroom door making sure that no one was coming then she closed and locked it again.

Shes not going to kill him. Grandpa might if someone doesn't do something, Valiant says he's just about had enough of hearing her crying all the time and seeing her looking like someone ripped her heart out. Grandmas been having a hell of time from keeping him out of the shadows...

There was a knock at the door and Ardis got up to answer it, before she opened it all the way she looked back at her sister.

After they find out what we did it's not going to matter anyway, we'll be dead so we won't care... you're sure he'll sleep until she gets here?

I'm sure Ardis... now let her in.

Ardis opened the door to a blond haired blue eyed elf that could have passed for their mothers sister if one wasn't looking at her from up close. Ardis sighed and was still leery of what was about to happen but Astrid was the oldest and would be Queen one day... if she lived long enough and Ardis knew sometimes things had to get worse before they got better... she just wished she hadn't taught Astrid how to play so dirty....
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Ardis had come to the house in tears rambling on about how her father had been thrown from his horse while he was practicing his jousting, at least that was what she had been told and at first Cori tried to shrug it off even though her heart stopped for a few beats. Payne had been thrown more times than Cori could remember really and he always bounced back up... of course she was usually there watching and rushing over to him with tears in her eyes and yelling at him for scaring her like that, then babying him and paying all sorts of attention to him until she was sure he was okay. Now there were tears in her eyes for an entirely different reason but those tears stopped when Ardis told her that they didn't know if he was going to survive and that was all that Cori needed to hear. She was up and through the shadows in less than a heartbeat and when she came out from those shadows into the room she had shared up until two weeks ago with her beloved King she stopped frozen right where she stood.

Ardis...

She spoke her daughters name through gritted teeth.

Oh my gods! Mommy I didn't... I mean we were told he was hurt...

Coris eyes were as big as moons and she felt like someone punched her in the gut. The door to the room opened and Astrid came in looking just as worried as Ardis had until she saw the same thing that Cori did. Laying in the bed was the king of Firyon with his arms wrapped around a blond elf and her bare leg was draped over his, her head rested on his chest and Cori, slinked over to the bed and shook the king until he opened his eyes, without so much as saying a word Cori punched him in the mouth, took off her wedding band and threw it in his face.

So this is it... the reason you couldn't even look at me anymore! The reason you couldn't sleep in the same bed as me anymore... all those times I would wake up in the middle of the gods damn night reaching for you and you... you weren't there and now I know why. If you wanted me dead Payne, there were easier ways to do it. I hope you're happy I really do you lying, cheating... making me think for two weeks I did something wrong, that I was wrong for wanting to make sure my entire family including your children were safe... you've... I....


Her daughters started yelling but she didn't hear what they were saying, she was going back to Pallia, she was going to find Aidan, and she was going to let her cousin kill a king.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:08 pm

He woke up in a daze seeing Cori.

It was not about Pallia or the kids or anything. It was about when I wanted time alone with you so that we could talk you preferred to go shooting to show off to some damn members of the Elite. I had something planned for you for us, if you want to go see so bad you can. It was just in the woods past the training area near the water there. Look under the damn shelter thing if it is still standing. As for who this bitch is I have no idea. But I am not the one that went running when someone else wanted something that was not that important over time with you. Damn straight I went to see if my sister was ok it was obvious my wife would rather spend time with other men then alone with me.


He looked at the woman in his bed with a fire in his eyes. He had no idea who she was or what she was doing there. He grabbed a dagger and held it to the woman's throat.

You have about two seconds to tell me what the hell you are doing here, and who the hell you are before I cut you open from chin down. Do you realize what you have done. How the hell did you get in here and do not lie to me I am not in the damn mood. I am not in the mood for any games you just played a big one with my damn life.


He looked to his daughters and he made his intentions very clear.

Anyone that was involved with getting this woman into this room is to be jailed. And will be dealt with personally by me, for now they have truly ruined any chance your Mother and I had for making things work at all. No visitors are to be allowed passage from Pallia to here other than the family of Firyon itself.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Arids head almost snapped off her neck when Astrid moved towards their father acting like she had no idea who he was. She looked at him wide eyed and Ardis saw her sister, put on the performance of a life time.

DON'T you EVER talk to my mother like that again!! You... YOU get caught with a woman in the bed my MOTHER sleeps in at night and you think to yell at her? For what? Ardis and I were that night we all came back to Pallia or did you forget that? We know what she did and what she did... is NOTHING compared to what you've done. She even asked you to go with her because she likes being able to show off for her King too! You couldn't have given her the ten minutes of time it took for her to shoot off a few arrows and then you could have had your time and now we ALL know why you picked such a fight with her! You just got caught with your whore by the woman you say you love yet when she reacts like any normal woman would you start tearing into her?! We knew something was wrong... hell we all knew it but this... this... and now you think to threaten the very woman you were caught with because our mother found out your secret?! What in the hell has happened to you?! If you didn't want our mother anymore you could have just told her... you could have done anything but this... killing her would have been kinder.... I never... NEVER thought you could be so cruel especially to Mommy!


Right then and there Ardis starting thinking of all the places she had been in her travels and as soon as she could get Astrid out of the room, she was going to pack up whatever she owned and she didn't care where she went, she just knew she didn't want to be anywhere near her father when he was that angry and she sure as hell liked her head where it was, there was no doubt in her mind that the moment their father found out what they did, he was going to slowly kill them both.

Astrid stop... Daddy... you can't kill that woman, you know there is no way in or out of this room unless you allow it now, so there is only one way she could have gotten in here... let me deal with her. I don't know what else to say... I mean really, killing Mommy would have been easier than doing this... and you can't keep anyone from Pallia coming into Firyon, maybe the palace but not Firyon as a whole that would just be wrong and a slap in the face to Mommy whether you see it that way or not.

Ardis ever moved so fast in all her life. She had to in order to keep her father from killing the woman that she had recruited to just make it look like she had slept with the King. As soon as she had the woman by the arm she was dragging her out of the room or making it look like she was when she slipped through the shadows and brought the girl back to Fable where her father would never find her and by the time she got back her father was on an even bigger tear and Ardis was ready to just strangle her twin. She knew it was going to be bad but she had never expected their father to turn on their mother like that right in front of them, and she was beginning to think that they really had just ruined any chance their parents might have had.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:49 pm

I expect the woman you took out of here to be in the dungeons which one. She is the only one that has answers. Don't either of you even think I would betray your Mother like that. So we had a gods damned fight and I was tired of her wanting to show off for others. I was trying to work things out with her. I know you were coming back there but guess what your mother was not concerned with waiting around for the two of you as she was with showing off for Colin and Fergus so do not give me this shit at all. So let me tell you something, I have never and would never sleep with someone that was not your Mother. If you do not believe me than that sure as hell is on you two. I am going to talk to that woman, actually you can show me where you put her Ardis, and oh the wards your Uncle Aranor set up should help me figure this out, as few have the okay to go into those chambers.

He use the compact version to contact Payten.

Someone is playing dirty I need Aranor to find out who all was in my chambers tonight and about any other activity around here. Someone set it up to look like I was with another woman. That is the worst betrayal one could set up as I would never do anything like that no matter how mad I was at my wife. Those responsible will be held accountable.


He looked to his daughters.

And just how did you end up to get here as this all was set up? I swear that who ever is responsible will pay and will pay greater than they may have thought this little game would cost them. So tell me what you two know. And I am not playing games.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Please stop talking Astrid please stop talking Astrid..

Over and over in her head Ardis was begging for her sister to just stop. Astrid didn't know their father the way that Ardis knew him, she never saw what he was truly capable of, and the only reason Ardis herself even knew were from those rare occasions that their father would go with her on some mission. But Astrid didn't stop and Ardis was ready to just die.

Why don't you stop trying to convince us of what you have and have not done and go try and talk to your wife... you remember her right? The woman that you didn't wake up to in your bed. Stop trying to blame our mother for everything that has gone wrong between the two of you. You are just as much to blame if not more and if you are too gods damn stubborn to see it then maybe it is for the best that she caught you with your whore. Do you even know her name? Are you going to keep playing this ridiculous game or are you going to try and talk to the woman you supposedly love but keep making out to be the bad one here when you're the one with the whore...

Ardis almost tackled her sister to the ground she couldn't believe what was coming out of Astrids mouth and when Ardis went to tell Ash oh lord Ash was going to be... well she didn't know what Ash was going to think about his wifes behavior and she sure as hell didn't want to keep standing there with her sister going at it with their father.

Don't give you what shit? The truth? The truth that my mother made a mistake and you are so self righteous and perfect that you couldn't get over it? So what she likes to show off, and she wanted you there with her and you couldn't take ten minutes of your precious time to let your wife be proud of what she can do... no instead you stand here still going on about what my mother did when again who had the whore in his bed? In my mothers bed? Are you honestly going to bother Aranor knowing what his children have been through because you aren't man enough to admit you fucked up and you aren't man enough to go to your wife and admit you were wrong for pushing her away in the first place? Heh. Ardis... until our father can start acting like a real man... I think you and I need to stay in Pallia for a little while yes? Let him do what he's going to do on his own, he created this entire mess with Mommy when he left her Pallia the first time... let him clean it up himself.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:28 am

Aranor is already contacted, and I will not back down from him looking into things. Those responsible unless they come forward on their own will be banished from Firyon. It would have to be someone close enough to us that they would be one of the trusted which means they would have a title or position and they will be stripped of that as well. I did not take a whore to bed, I have never taken anyone to bed that was not your Mother. It sickens me that you would actually believe any of what you are saying. It also shows that you truly do not know me either. So go to Pallia, it matters not to me because tonight my daughters have shown me how little they know me. It had nothing to do with the time it would take Astrid what it had to do with was I was trying to get time with her alone and she chose something else. Your Mother and I truth be told have not shared the same room in a long time, so do not give me this high and mighty that I should do this or that. I am doing nothing about it until I can prove who was behind this madness and they will pay. It is that simple. Now I am going to go with Ardis and she is going to show me which cell this woman is in and I am going to make her tell me who helped her.

He was furious he was actually seeing red and his eyes were getting glazed over as he spoke. His temper was going to new heights.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Astrid Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:00 am

Astrid knew even before she carried out her plan that it was going to be brutal and ugly, she knew she was risking everything even when Ardis tried talking her out of it she wouldn't listen and she just pulled her sister in deeper. Their father, oh boy, their father was beyond furious, Astrid had never seen him the way he was now and she was terrified but she was about to let him see that. Didn't those who showed fear end up getting eaten alive but whatever it was they were afraid of? His threats of banishment struck her to the core, she was always accepting responsibility for her actions just as Ardis was, but now she had something more she needed to worry over, something that went beyond their fathers rage. She had to protect her sister. Grabbing Ardis by the arm Astrid shoved her sister behind her and stood in defiance before their father... their king. But when she spoke to him there was no defiance in her tone. She was soft spoken and allowed some of the hurt she and her siblings had been feeling over the rift between their parents to come through.

We are not blind, nor are we stupid Atar... we do know you and that is why it has been so damn difficult for us to understand what has been happening. You have always stepped up and admitted your mistakes... and right now I am not referring to this incident with the woman found in your bed. Right now I am talking about Mommy. You avoided her for months, we saw how she would try to get just a little attention from you other than the show you put on for Firyon so that no one would know something was wrong. You shut her out Daddy and you know Mommy can't stand to be shut out... so she kept herself busy trying not see what was happening. She's felt like she's been losing you for a long time now Daddy... did you know that? I know our mother doesn't always think before she acts and sometimes she comes up with the most insane ideas to get her own way, but do you honestly believe that what happened the night we all went to Pallia, the night you and Ardis donned your armor together... the night the whole of the family was coming back together, that she wasn't wondering, thinking if that night would be the end of everything for her? You know she doesn't deal with fear well. Are your memories of that night so clouded that you forgot Ardis, Valiant and I were already there, that we had already seen you both and spoke with you both? Why is it all right for you to act as you have been and then when she is just herself... you turn on her? You did turn on her. I'm not saying she couldn't have handled that night better but you have been confusing all of us for so long now, the man we thought we knew, the husband, the father, the King.... you're like a stranger to us.

She took a breath and went to her father putting a hand on his shoulder.

My fathers first reaction to all of this would have been to hunt down his wife, the woman he used to claim to love more than any precious metals or jewels... the woman who loves him more than anything to this day... and he would have done whatever he had to heal her hurts. She would have been my fathers first priority, and he would own up to his mistakes and let her own up to her own without accusing her or making her feel like she committed some great act of treason. Stop making this about everything but her, either you love her and want to work through this or you don't. If you love her quit rampaging about some strange woman who means nothing and go to the woman who used to mean everything before you lose it all. Ardis.... go to your rooms. Stay there until I come for you sissy.

Astrid slipped her hand into her fathers.

Walk with me Daddy... talk with me... let me help you the way you have allowed me to help so many others in the world. If I can solve all the worlds problems, surely I can help my own parents.
User avatar
Astrid Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:19 am

What Astrid is telling you Daddy is that your children are scared for their mother and father. In all our lives we've never even really seen you and Mommy argue. Sure she'd do something off the wall and you'd give her that look...
Ardis was thinking about all the times her father would watch their mother come in and out of a room without knowing how her kings eyes would follow her, or the times that their mother would do something that would have lesser men screaming at the elf but their father would shake his head, give her that look that Ardis used to hope someone would give her one day, and their mother would apologize with her impish grin on her face and all would be right again. There was nothing right about the way life had become since their mothers return from Aquamarine.
Astrid you cannot tell me what to do, I'll leave when I'm good and ready to...
Ardis went to their father and put her hand in his other hand.
We're your children, we love you and seeing whats becoming of our parents, it's been a right bitch to watch Daddy, we don't know what to do, what to say, all we know is we want our parents back home together. Astrids right Atar.. you should go to Mommy especially knowing how she can get when she's upset. You don't want the Queen of Firyon to be tried for murder in Pallia do you? All it will take is for someone to say one wrong thing about you even if it isn't anything bad at all and she'll kill'em. She loves you, you do love her too don't you? Then stop thinking about everything else right now and put her first... put you first. Make both of you your main priority right now.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:19 am

Don't do it Aranor... don't go...

Payten was not the sharpest of the bunch but she wasn't stupid either and when Payne got in touch with her spilling out everything that was happening in Firyon, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up, bumps raised on her arms and a wicked chill went down her spine. Payne was calling for Aranor to return to Firyon, they had only been in Iallia for two weeks, their daughters, especially Annie were still dealing with the aftermath of Pallia, and even Aranor was still in the middle of recovering. Payten wasn't ready to throw her husband into anything especially when she went over the details of what Payne had told her and she was pretty sure she figured out exactly what happened. And then she started begging.

Payne is my brother I love him I would do anything for him but not this Aranor. You promised me we'd have our time away from all the drama... and this is more drama than I think you're ready for. It's not that I don't think you're strong enough, it's not that at all but think Aranor. Think about what Payne told me... if you go... Ardis and Astrid need to get themselves out of this mess, and Payne needs to stop and think about what he's doing before he loses Cori for good. Or maybe that's what he really wants? Hell I don't know all I know is this whole thing reeks of plotting and planning and only the twins would come up with something like this and I can see why they would think they needed to do something but Payne will kill them when he finds out. Gods damn what the hell has gotten into all of them? Please honey, please tell me you are going to stay out of this.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 am

I appreciate what the two of you are trying to do but I am not running after her. She is angry right now and she believes I had found myself someone else. Because someone had the nerve to bring that woman to our bed. Do you know how much I had to do from even before she was brought home? How much I was still doing after she was brought home? I went on very little sleep for a long time to deal with that. That is the only reason we were not sharing a bed. I did not want her disturbed. It has nothing to do with me not loving her, because your Mother is the only woman I have ever loved. She needs to know the truth about who put that woman there, and once Aranor gets back to me I will know and he will tell me how to access it to prove it to your Mother. What happened in Pallia was the last straw for me. Every time someone wants her to show off she will do anything to show off, even ignore what we were going to do. So I decided I was going to make sure my sister, brother in law and nieces were ok. We knew you all were ok but those are her excuses I was saying not mine. She knew that those in Pallia were ok, but she was the one that made the choices to stay there instead of with me. I am not going back to Pallia not now and maybe not again. I am tired of all that goes on there. Tired of all the times she has got her thrown into the middle of something there when there were other things to do. I will get to the bottom of this and I will have proof for your Mother. If you are that concerned about your mother and what her actions are going to be go to her. It is because I love her that I have to prove the truth. I have done nothing wrong. Your Mother is the one that has stayed away, your mother is the one that chose Pallia over me, and over our life. I will be here as I have been but no I am not going to chase anyone all over Pallia even my wife. Though it is becoming clearer to me that maybe ending all this would be best, and I would rule Firyon alone and your mother can tend to the life she would rather have in Pallia.

He let go of both his daughter's hands and he walked some from them.

You want to help things you find out the truth about who caused this incident that happened. I however am going to see this woman and see what she can tell me. Which cell is she in Ardis?


He asked as he was walking below with all the extra guards he was sure someone had seen something. He wanted to know the truth and he was going to find the truth.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:39 am

Ever so quietly Cori moved through her room at the house where she grew up. Grew up. She snorted when she thought of those two words and what they meant. Part elf, part demon didn't she grow up long before half of her cousins were even born? Grew up. Grow up. How fast she wanted to grow up, ready to take on the world and everything it had to offer, ready to go through all the training to become Elite, she had goals and dreams, knew what she wanted out of life, she was going to be more than Condrik Shadows daughter, she was going create her own story instead of living in the shadow of Raynalias legacy... she was going to be more... better. And then everything changed with just one look. One look at the new to the throne King of Firyon and Coris entire life changed direction. Everything she did centered around getting to know the elf king, and letting him know her, the more she learned about him the more she knew she couldn't go a day without him and like so many before her in her family Cori staked her claim. Oh it wasn't easy, her father, her brothers, just about everyone did all that could to get her to slow down, to think about what she was going after, how it would alter her world as she knew it but all she knew was she had never been more certain about anything or anyone. She loved Payne and to have to be without him was just unthinkable. Unthinkable. Cori choked at the word, on the thought. Tears slid down her cheeks like never ending drops of rain, pain unfamiliar to her stabbed at her heart so violently it hurt to breathe. She was numb but felt every sharp stab at her heart at the same time. These feelings were so foreign to her she was beginning to believe that someone could indeed die from a broken heart. This is what she was thinking when she moved from the dresser to the closet, sliding open the door she looked at the variety of clothes hanging from the rods. Fine elven made gowns in all sorts of colors ranging from light to dark, black and silver winked at her from the corner of the closet, the uniform she had hoped to one day be able to wear rightfully reminded her of the dreams she had once had for herself before she became a wife, a mother, a Queen. A Queen. Another snort broke the silence of the room. How many times did Aidan tease her? Calling her "your royal trashiness" because he knew Cori so well and understood that underneath all the prim and properness, underneath every hair perfectly in place with the perfect smile in place, Cori was still a little wild, a whole lot of mouthy and the same as she had always been. Fingers ran along every gown touching each one lightly, every single one of those gowns had been made specifically for her according to the King of Firyons instructions. Payne would often surprise her with a new gown, or some other token of his affections for her... but moments like that stopped long ago. When? When did this happen, how did this happen she asked herself and then her thoughts turned darker. Did he give the woman she saw in her bed little gifts? Did whoever she was get the look that Cori would sometimes act out on purpose just to see? Did he whisper to her the way he used to with her? One by one Cori started jerking the gowns from the rod and throwing them on the floor until the rod was empty, she turned around and saw on her dresser the picture in the crystal frame of her and Payne the night he came to the house and talked to all four of her parents asking for her hand swearing to always love her, to cherish her, to protect her heart and most of all to make her happy. She remembered how her father looked, like he was ready to go demon and rip Paynes throat out but her mothers, both of them and her step father gods bless Valiant, had talked him down and reluctantly her father gave his blessing, and that was enough for Cori. She remembered how right there in front of them he got down on his knee and asked her to be his wife and how she toppled them both over when she became over excited in saying yes. The picture was lifted off the dresser and thrown across the room, straight through the glass pane of the window, the sound of the glass shattering sounded like an explosion going off to her ears. She caught sight of her reflection in the mirror and her fist went through the glass shattering much like the window, the sight of the blood running down her hand almost made her go running for home, for Firyon so Payne could shake his head at her while he tended to her and then she imagined he would kiss her like he used to and brush back her hair asking her what trouble she had caused for herself this time, but that was not meant to be. Instead she sank down to her knees among the trampled gowns holding her bleeding hand wishing she would just bleed to death.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Astrid Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:12 am

Keep your mouth shut Ardis... and if you know whats good for you... you'll leave right now baby sister.

Astrid was done trying to make her father see that he was just as wrong as their mother. He was so caught up in himself that he couldn't hear what he was saying. To hear him talk like all their mother did was spend her every waking moment in Pallia truly made Astrid sick to her stomach, if there was one thing that Astrid knew, it was that her mother made Firyon, her husband and her children her first priority. When the situation called for it of course her mother would go to Pallia, but she didn't go running over every little problem like her father was making it sound. Corinthyalas, Queen of Firyon was far from perfect and she wore her flaws on her sleeve for all to see, she could be stubborn and down right crude and even cruel, she could be unrefined and brutal, sometimes even a little selfish but her entire life since the day she gave her heart to Astrids father had been about him.

NOW Ardis.

They reached the cells and Astrid was not going to tell her sister to leave again, if Ardis wanted to stay and see what was going to happen then there was nothing she could do about it.

Galin...

She spoke to one of the guards standing watch over the empty cells.

Princess?

I have a request...

Astrid turned around and lifted her shirt revealing the mark of Firyon etched into her skin.

For as long as I am still your Crown Princess... I am ordering you to remove this mark from my back... and then you may arrest me, charge me with treason and I will go willingly into a cell until his Majesty decides if I am to be banished from the whole of Firyon...

Astrid looked at her father with pity in her eyes.

It was me. I let the girl in and fed Ardis the bullshit story that you had been hurt so our mother would come running, I knew if she thought you were hurt not even the gods themselves would keep her from you no matter how she was feeling. Why go to such extremes? Because you are my father... she is my mother... we, all three of your children love and adore you both and we had no idea how to handle watching our family fall apart the way it was. I admit, it wasn't my best idea and Ardis tried like hell to talk me out of it but I know something drastic had to happen to bring you two back together, even if you fought like hell at first, in time it would have sorted itself out. No one knows like I do given all my dealings with the world as a whole that matters will always get worse before they get better and rather that worse happen on its own, a worse that none of us were in control of... I took control and made it happen. Sometimes we do things not because we want to but because they are necessary and seeing neither you or our mother were going to make the first move.... I fed you both to the wolves... it is what I do after all. Or I should say what I used to do. So now you know the truth and now I need to know... are you going to turn on me the same way you turned on my mother? Are you going to cut me from your heart and your life as easily as you have seemed to cut her out? Are you going to give up on me too?
User avatar
Astrid Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 am

You know Payne is going to be set on finding out what he wants to know. Then he is going to remember that I gave him a way to see all that he wants about what happened. Your nieces if they did play a part in this are going to be in trouble with their father to say the least. If he is that angry at them I would almost worry about what he will do. Why didn't you just tell your brother you did not want us involved with this at all then? As I said he will access the information himself I am sure he remembers how. He is the only one other than me that can do that, so either way he is going to find out.

He smiled and leaned and kissed her pulling her to him. He was still recovering from the physical wounds but he was not going to let anything stop him from what his family needed, his wife his daughters, and he grinned at her.

Payten if you are sure you do not want me to help Payne then I will stay out of it, but he is going to know whether I help him the easy way with it or he does it. I could also show Cori exactly what happened without ever leaving this room. You know what good are my powers if they had to be localized. Actually it is something that I set up but I cna also stay out of it. Does not matter to me. I also know when Payne is hurt you hurt too.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 am

You did not help things Astrid you made them worse. You both did. Her mark is to remain, you are going back to Pallia. You will find your mother and you will tell her all the deceitfulness that you just told me of. I have never been unfaithful to your Mother and I never would be. I think if this is the way you find ways to handle hard times then you are not going to be the Queen that Firyon is going to need some day. This was not helping matters at all, all you did was make a bigger mess. Your Mother was where she chose to be. She chose to be in Pallia than beside me. She chose to be where she is, she chose showing off for damn near strangers than spending time with me. She should have trusted me enough to go with me. But now thanks to your lies, your plan which was the stupidest thing that you could have done she does not believe in me at all. Right now I can not even look at you.

He turned from his daughters and he walked away for the second time in so little time his heart broke. He walked down to the Stable and he pointed to the horse that he had been working on for his wife. He got up on it, and the stable hand tried to tell him it was too wild of a horse still. He was too angry to listen to anyone or anything and he set off to ride. The stablehand went running to find Ardis.

Princess your father has taken the wild horse that he was working on for your mother I tried to tell him that the horse was not ready yet. He could break his neck. He took the path that he normally would take when riding with the Queen. That horse is not ready for that path.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 am

If they had a hand in it? Are you serious? This smells just like Astrid! The girl thinks too outside the box sometimes. Maybe you should go... I mean just to keep Payne from doing something he'll regret? The girls aren't perfect but they love their parents and I know this hasn't been easy on them. Unlike our daughters, I don't think Ardis and Astrid have ever seen their parents fight much less be apart for so long. Holy shit would you listen to me?

Payten curled up against Aranor nestled into him after he pulled her to him. Her arms went around his neck and she grinned.


He's really angry Aranor... you should be thanking the gods that I can just feel what he feels, and not actually go through it. Honestly I don't know whats going to happen and I really don't know if you should get involved or not because we're supposed to be concentrating on our family right? What a hypocrite I'd be if I sent you off to take care of their drama. But it is up to you and if you think you should go at least to keep him from killing the girls, then I won't fight with you about it but I will expect some sort of oh I don't know compensation for time lost with you... that is if you go anyway.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:54 am

My Princess I will not go unless you want me to go. I know that their life has been a bit more peaceful than ours. Plus there is little that I could do anyways. I am not going to go running anywhere. I made a promise to you. I intend on keeping that promise. We are supposed to be meeting the kids a bit later to eat too. Even if you did want me to go i could still be back for that unless of course I am having to bury one of your nieces.

He kept her wrapped up in his arms and he kissed her. His head rested against hers.

Well least most of our fights are about you being married to a mage. I know our life has not been easy on you at times Payten, but first and foremost always in my heart is you and our girls.

He kissed her again and then waited to see what she would say.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:05 pm

I told you Astrid! I told you this was going to go so gods damn wrong but you... you...
Ardis was running on high and tearing through the palace with her sister behind her. Ardis hadn't been able to breathe when she saw her sister confront their father with the truth of what they had done and then just when she thought they were both going to be banished forever their father tore from the dungeons. Now the twins were running trying to find him and that's when Ardis was stopped. And when her heart stopped. And when her breath stopped. Timon, the stablehand that Ardis knew well because he tended to the horses for her guard told her that their father had taken out Rauko, which meant demon and suited the damn animal well because Ardis believed the horse had come from the nine hells itself since she first saw the beast.
Now he really is going to break his damn neck and you get to be the one to go to Pallia and tell our mother why! How you can be so damn brilliant and so stupid at the same time...
Ardis didn't finish her thought, she was already running down the hall towards the stables where her own beloved Mori Anoron was kept with Timon running right behind her.
Princess surely you do not mean to...
Ardis hoisted herself up on the back of the steed and leaned to the animals ear whispering in elven that the King was in need of them both and that she knew her beloved Dark Dawn would not fail her.
Surely I do, that is our King and my father... find Yorrick or Geuorg... make sure the kings room is made ready for his return should he need healers and see to it that our Queen is kept calm when she arrives from Pallia...
Ardis didn't have anything else to say, she nudged the horse forward until they were out of the stables then broke out into a full gallop.
Find him Dawn... find Rauko.
User avatar
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:15 pm

Why is it when the twin terrors are off being brave and brilliant or are playing the parts of the pretty princesses perfectly they are our nieces but when they fuck up and are about to get their asses handed to them they are my nieces? You forget who their mama is?

So that it then, Aranor was going to stay and Payne was just going to have to deal with his wife and his daughters along with whatever drama was going on, on his own. She felt a little guilty for it but then again, she and Aranor did make a promise to each other.

Being married to a mage isn't so bad you know. I mean some of the tricks you can do especially when we're al...

The words were cut off in her throat, it felt like someone had a hand wrapped around her neck squeezing the life out of her, her heart started beating at an unnatural rate then slowed to its normal pace but Payten still ended up on her knees clutching her chest. Payne. Payne filled her every thought and she looked at Aranor wide eyed.

Go now... now Aranor... find Payne.

Aranor lifted her off the ground the worry and concern for what he had seen from her was clear in his eyes but she was not the one he needed to worry for. She pushed him away and was almost screaming at him.

Find Payne!! Stop standing there looking at me Aranor find my brother now! Whatevers happened fix it! Do you hear me? Fix it! Go gods damn it!


User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:37 pm

At first he thought his wife was in danger and was having problems. He was already getting her back into bed when she pushed at him yelling about Payne. He kissed her and then grabbed his pack which he kept extra clothes in for when he had to go into wolf form. He came out in Firyon and inquired about Payne. Timon told him of what he knew and Aranor turned into wolf form running in and out of the shadows to make it quicker. He could smell Payne in the air, he could also smell Ardis. He knew he had to find them. When he did find him he saw the demon horse about to bring his hoof down again on Payne and he concentrated on making the horse freeze in it's position. He went and got Payne from underneath he made quick work of getting his trousers on for he knew his niece would not want to see him naked. He was kneeling by Payne checking his vitals. He knew he had been stomped on at least once by the time he found him. He could see the mark. He started to do what he could. He had no choice but to use the Horse to get him back if he tried to move him any other way it could be risky if Payne came to and Panicked. He went to the horse, with all the time he had spent in Nim Ostas, he had learned animals well. He spoke to the horse which seemed to calm it. He got Payne atop it, then he got on as well. He still was not at full strength so he knew bringing Payne through the shadows was no an option. He rode with him to get him back he knew Ardis was going to think he was nuts. When he saw Ardis he called to her.

Ride back Ardis get some men ready to help your father down. I will explain once we have him in the room.

He brought Payne back they were a little slower to do with the weight as soon as they were back and the others took Payne down he got down. He gave something to the horse.

Rouko will rest when you bring him to his stall, Timon that stuff will put him out for a bit. After I am done with Payne, there is something I need to talk to you about. It is why Rouko is the way he is partly. Do not kill the animal.


He went with them and he started to work on Payne. He was barking out the orders of the items he would need. He saw the look on Ardis's face.

He is alive and a lot banged up. From what I could gather your father started having pains, and Rouko sensed it and it made Rouko flip more than normal. Rouko was trying to put your father out of his pain.


Payne laid there eyes glazed over and Aranor tried to get him to respond to anything and Payne would not respond. He frowned as he tried different things he knew Payne was alive but he was not responding.

He is in shock as well as the other injuries nothing is getting through to him.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:05 pm

He had been getting stronger and better everyday. His father had found something to help the burns heal quicker. He was able to do more but still his father kept a watchful eye on him. He was sitting outside watching Nala and Sara. He knew the time was nearing when Sara would have to go back. He had made a decision which he would need to talk to his Aunt and Uncle about. He wanted to go with her. He was not sure how many back there she could trust. His Aunt would understand the importance of getting Hallia stable and making sure there were no more attempts on Sarabella or Nala's life. He smiled watching them, he enjoyed the time he would get to be out. He still could not sit out too long in the sun because of the burns would start bothering him but he would sit watching from shady areas. He had known what he would need to do for sometime now. It was a decision he had to make. He waved to Nala and Sara before going in. It was time for him to find Kiara and speak with her. He knew what room she would be in since Losa was up and around they would be in the study or the council room working on things. When he did find them he knew he could not bow so he motioned with his head instead.

Your Majesties, it has been known to me that Princess Sarabella, Nala and Elyssia will need to head back to Hallia. They have already waited probably too long, Sara needs to get back to get Hallia in order. I fear for her life and the life of Nala. We do not know how many would oppose her. I was hoping you would allow me to return to Hallia with her. I can do some work on making sure those involved in the plots to kill Sara are dealt with. That is if you would allow it.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users