Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aurora Hope » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:50 pm

So Hunter finally cornered her did he? Well good for him.

Aurora scooted over and patted the empty spot on the porch next to her. As soon as Cole was sitting down next to her she was scooting back over towards him, one of her hands rested on his thigh.

I told Trifton there was no reason for me to go chasing after you, not that you would have minded I'm sure. Nessas' up taking a bath. Might want to give a few more minutes before you go up to see her. You should know even though her spirits are good she looks like hell. You can tell she was given the scare of her life that's for sure. Want to hear something interesting about all of that? Guess who came rushing in to save your best friend from that abomination? Brooding, bitchy, moody Aidan. Trifton gave her all sorts of grief about Aidan like he always does. I don't have a clue whats going on with those two but I tell you what, Aidan better realize she's not the same person she was when she first came here, kind of like me but anyway, enough talk about everyone else.

Rory moved from the porch right into Coles lap. All the months of teasing and flirting, skirting around what was really going with them and trying to act like nothing was happening at all were going to come to an end right then and there. Rory was tired of the game they played and if she learned anything from the hell they had all been through it was that there was always the chance that tomorrow could never come and she wasn't wasting anymore time with games.

I was worried about you Cole, don't think I wasn't, and you can tell me all about who won the body count contest this time later... though I'm thinking it was your sister and not one of your brothers... and if your mother is so near you might want to tell her to close her eyes.

Aurora kissed Cole Shadow like she had never kissed anyone before and it was during that kiss she had to ask herself why the hell she hadn't done it before.
User avatar
Aurora Hope
Stablehand
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:55 pm

There would be no reason for me to be unkind to you. I know you do not think that you will find rest but it is my hope that you will. I too hope that Nala's dreams are pleasant ones. And when you fall asleep I hope that your dreams are pleasant as well. I will not forget to wake you if I need to rest, or if Jax wakes up. He is amazing I swear it is from his Mother's influence on him and then he has grown since coming here as well.

He had watched her with his son and he wondered if it was not that the Princess had found her simple man in his son and just did not want to say as much.

Maybe you will dream of the farm boy and chickens, though I am not sure why you would want chickens. I am sure there is a reason though. It will be awhile before Jax wakes up as I have him some of the tea as well, and Nala the same thing though hers was not made as strong. After all a child's body is different than an adult body.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cole Shadow » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:03 pm

They had been flirting with each other a lot and playing little games. He had known all of that would have to come to an end well to a point. What he did not expect when he sat down next to her is for her to end up in his lap. When she kissed him all else was forgotten while he was returning that kiss. They both knew there was something there both had played around it a bit but that kiss sealed what was already known. His arms wrapped around her and when the kiss finally did break he smiled at her.

I missed you a lot Rory, and I knew I would find you here afer all you would be hounding Trifton, and all. I love you Aurora Hope and have for quite awhile now. I just did not know if you really did feel that same or not.

He leaned and kissed her again and just grinned at her.

After the way you kissed me I think any doubts are out the window. So now what do we do?


He kept his arms around her he liked having her that close to him. He was not sure how long they were sitting there for and he had not thought about going in while Janessa was bathing to bother her. He was happy right where he was at.
User avatar
Cole Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aurora Hope » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Who the hell said anything about love? I've just been lusting after your body not your heart...

Poor Cole she thought, it was terrible of her to tease him like that and for a split second she thought she saw his face fall. Burying her face in his neck she laughed thinking that if she really had to go one more day without him knowing what she really felt she just might implode, that and damn he smelled good just then.

But I suppose if the only way I can get to your body is through your heart I can live with that.

No one had been able to get her to break out of her shell the way that Cole had. What started out as simple friendship had grown stronger and turned into something Rory thought she would never really know. She was loved despite her flaws and her upbringing, she was needed for more than just doing what was expected of slaves in Fable, and she was wanted for more than just pretty face. True she had Trifton who cared about her but the way he cared for her was like the way a brother cared for a sister and she couldn't care for Trifton any other way either. Cole was everything she wanted and needed and everything she thought she would never have. Taking her face from his neck she rested her head against his and laughed softly.

Why do you Shadow men always do that? You finally get the girl and the first thing you ask is what do we do now... I swear you would think that given how many of you there are that at least one of you would know the answer to that by now. But seeing you don't then let me tell you what we do now. We take everyday as we have been, one day at a time. We just keep doing what we have been only the stakes are a little higher now, now we see what happens from this point on and we just love each other for as long as we can... and it's as simple as that Cole Shadow.
User avatar
Aurora Hope
Stablehand
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cole Shadow » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Well you know I got the solution to you lusting after my body, though I would say not right here. I would have to say your room at the Inn would be a more private place to get what you lust after. To think all these months all you wanted was my body which you could have used for your own pleasure all these months without any attachment. Hey I would be known as the one that got what the others wanted too. So see your lusting after my body could be beneficial to both of us.

He laughed and leaned his head against hers and kissed her. He kept his arms around her and grinned at her. He could not help but tease her right back. It was known many men had wanted to get to Rory but he had not thought about it. He had just spent time with her getting to know her and having fun with her. He flirted endlessly with her.

I was just teasing asking what we do now. After all i think I can handle whatever comes this way. Now you know if Nessa catches you in my lap you are not going to hear the end of it.


He laughed and kissed the top of her head and just held her. There were many mysteries in the world and one of them for him was the way things just seemed to happen. He remembered the stories about his Father and Mother and he had to grin.

Ah if Mom was close by she would not be closing her eyes she would be saying about damn time, or something like that.
User avatar
Cole Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:25 pm

It took me a few minutes for me to gather the nerve to go back into the room that I had left Sara in. I tell you what nothing can rattle your nerves or your confidence in yourself like having not one but two people ripping into you like you were a thin strip of paper all in less than an hours time. I don't know. It was all such a mess, knowing that Peter was gone, that Nalas life was change forever and that Sara would forever blame herself, how we were going to get beyond it all was something I just couldn't figure out just yet. When I finally made it to the room I was relieved to see that Sara was actually sleeping, it wasn't a peaceful sleep but it was sleep just the same. My eyes darted to the figure in the bed and I felt that twinge of guilt again. The healers son had protected my Sara and was now paying the price. Speaking of the healer he was where I expected to find him. Keeping his vigil over his boy. What was I suppose to say to him? I had to say something didn't I? Steeling myself for what could happen I walked into the room entirely, went to Sara and Nala and pulled the blanket that was falling off to the floor back around them and moved the hair from Saras face. She still looked like that little girl I used to sit with at night and watch over while she slept. I stood there for a few minutes then turned around ready to take whatever was going to be thrown at me, if anything at all. I didn't say anything when I first sat down, because I wanted to make sure I didn't sound like I was being cocky or ungrateful in anyway. There was only one way to start and that was to just well start.

I know I was beyond difficult to deal with Mathias, I apologize for being so uncooperative. I can appreciate the hard line you took with me as it has become increasingly clear to me that you are no ordinary healer. I'm sorry that your son has been thrown into the midst of what seems to be turning into another war of sorts. There are many who would not see Sarabella take the throne if they can do anything about it. None of us who guard her ever thought that they would go so far as to try any attempts on her life in Iallia. I don't know what's going to happen to her now, is she going to be hunted? Forced to take a throne she has never wanted and still have the threats on her life looming? Or will my girl get her chickens after all. For as long as I can remember Sarabellas fondest wish was to settle down with a good man, live a simple life raising animals that she could give away to those less fortunate than her, and have her chickens. I still don't know where she got the idea to raise chickens from, but she wants her chickens. Anyway, I thought I should see if there was anything I could do for you, other than piss you off.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:01 pm

He was not surprised when she came back in the room. He noticed her head right for Sara and Nala to cover them up more. He would not raise his voice any in fact he kept it low with how many were sleeping.

I can now understand why you were so upset when I was trying to help. I had to take a hard line because you did not want to hear what was being said. For your own reasons I understand that. But most healers are not like the ones that did what they did to Warren. Most healers can not be bought for any price. We do what we can because we know we were given a gift, and it makes me sick to think that some would use it like they did. As far as Sara goes she and Nala are just resting I finally convinced her to lay down. You could see the tired in her eyes, but she also did not want to leave Jackson's side. I told her I would wake her if there was any change or if I needed to rest. There is not much that can really be done right now. I do need to tend to his bandages and that is not going to be a pretty sight. Well I know when Jax is better he is going to want to find those that were trying to harm Sara and Nala. I can not speak for any of the others but I know Braxton and I will be joining in the hunt. We can not let innocent people be hunted.


He looked over at the two on the cot and it made him think of Jessica when one of the kids was sick. She would always tell him she would be back in a bit and she would end up falling asleep with the sick child.

Maybe if it all gets settled not only can she be Queen but she can have her chickens too. If she was thinking about having the animals to feed people chickens make some sense where they lay eggs and then where it can be used as a meal too. I have a feeling that no matter what Sara does she is going to have her chickens especially if Jax has anything to say about it all.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:35 pm

I had to stifle the laugh that built in my throat, with all the seriousness surrounding Sarabella, Nala and now Jackson Shadow here his father and I were discussing chickens. I think my eyes even went wide when he made the suggestion that Saras imaginary chickens could be used as a meal and that was one error I was going to have to correct.

I don't think you understand healer. Sara would use the eggs from her chickens but as far as putting them out on a table for Sunday supper... that would never happen... when the girl talks about chickens she means she wants them as pets, not for food.

Sarabella has always been different, I'm sure you realize that by now, but that is what makes her special, she is definitely not like any other princess you would ever meet. I knew the subject of Warren was going to get brought up eventually but was I really ready to go into depth with the healer what Sara had already enlightened him to?

Sara was right, she usually is when it comes to emotional matters. It's no secret that Warren was murdered by the healers that had weaved their way into Saras fathers court and as much as I have tried to keep my distrust and disdain for healers unknown to all except those closest to me, sometimes a situation arises and my defenses go up maybe more than they should. With that being said if we ever cross paths again and I have need of your gifts, I will try and behave. As for this hunting that you spoke of, you and yours have done enough for us, we cannot allow you to get anymore involved and I am sure that when she wakes Sara will echo that sentiment as well. Thank you though, it is appreciated and I am sure it will do Sara good knowing that not everyone she meets in this world is trying to kill her.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:35 pm

You behave I find that rather difficult to believe, but I will remind you of that if the time ever comes. This is not only about you and Sara anymore. It is more than that. I do not think anyone allows or does not allow free men to do as they wish. See you could get Jax ordered to stay here but Braxton and I are not a part of any order. Part of a great family yes but part of the order no. In fact I kept them from this life as long as I could. I am sure you will understand that we will do what we can. Will be easier if everyone is working together but if it comes down to it we will go out on our own to handle things.
He looked over at his son and he had to smile. He thought of the boy that always pretended to be protecting this one or that one. Than when Noel came into his life he thought his son was going to actually settle down. What happened with Noel had practically destroyed Jax in spirit. But he knew in time his son would bounce back, then he did, He had decided to join the Elite and he knew it was going to help him. He looked at his son and looked at Elyssia.
I have no idea where she would get wanting chickens as pets either. I guess it could be done, just might be more interesting than other things.Not sure how safe they are as animals. I think Sara without realizing it now has someone else protecting her. Jax is not like most men. Once he is a protector of someone it is hard to change that about him. I am sure that is why he would not come home once she was in Ialia. To him it would have been leaving her unprotected, and he would never do that. Good thing they were able to get through the shadows. His injuries are not pretty but they should heal but as I said earlier he will have some scarring and some permanent marks from this. Not that he will care much about that at all.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:54 am

Do you remember what I said earlier? Something about finding the Shadows wanting? I take it back, all of it. These men, these three particular men, Mathias, Braxton and Jackson... they are definitely a different breed. Mathias certainly does not lack confidence in himself and given the way his son Braxton was sitting I would have to say neither does he. Jackson I already know is more than sure of himself. Hearing what Mathias was saying was a bit of a pill to swallow, it wasn't often that we needed to look outside our own realm for help, and Prince Aidan had already done enough by sending Jackson to Sara, now even more help was being offered... I can't even say offered. I was more or less told that Mathias and his sons were going to get more involved than they already were and I know it might seem a little surprising but I couldn't find the words to argue with him over his decisions.

I might not have any real say in all of this right now but there is someone who does. You have to think of Sarabella. I know that girl and she is going to be riddled with guilt over all that has happened already, do you want to add fear to the guilt Mathias? That is what will happen if you and your sons embark on this venture. She will worry herself to the point of illness over you and yours, you can see even when she sleeps that she is already doing that very thing for your son. Now I'm not arguing with you so don't tell me to behave. I am just sharing what I know of Sara and how she will react. As for your sons injuries when the time comes for his wounds to be...

Sara damn near scared the hell out of me. Her voice cut in stopping me from what I was going to say and when I turned to look at her my girl looked like the walking dead, her skin was pale, there were dark circles around her eyes that were rimmed red but in those eyes I saw a familiar glint that I knew too well and I had to wonder if Mathias Shadow knew what was coming next.

When the time comes for Jacksons wounds to be tended to madre I will help Mathias.

My Sara does not speak with what she refers to as her "uppity" tone often but when she turned those blue eyes of hers to Mathias I knew it was coming and when she opened her mouth again there it was. The "Whether you like it or not, whether I like it or not I am a Princess and you will do as I say" tone was in her voice.

You are going to teach me master healer how to tend to your son, how to clean and change the dressings of each wound and you are not going to deny me this request because for all that your son has risked for me, for all the kindness he has shown to me and to Nala, it is my duty... no not a duty... it is my right to tend to my great defender.

This made me look at Mathias with a raised brow and something of a cocky smirk on my lips. Sara was not going to back down from this.

What now healer? Would you deny the princess her right to care for your son?
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:26 am

Here we go again...
Rayne was up on her feet at the same time as Con, the two of them were already on the same page it seemed, at least on the same page as to what was going to be done about the latest turn of events. Kiara and Losa were not to be bothered with what was now happening at the Hall and neither were their children. This wasn't the first time that the eld and the Saint took over, it wouldn't be the last.
Sun'll be up soon... can't be sending the stalkers out... have to go with whose here... Hunter Shadow sit your big ass down... you'll not be stickin' your nose into this... family or not you have a new wife to see to....
Rayne and Con went from the Great Hall to the council room, when the elf opened the doors it felt like home. Everything was in its proper place, no traces of Alistar remained and she was glad for it.
Gennas not going to like this one damn bit, can't blame the girl either she's barely had any time with her wolf man... Phillip... heh much as I'm not keen on the boy pawin' on my granddaughter he be one of our best... Jonathan... I think those three need to go out... a small outing to start just to do some field work and get some more intel. Might want to send Elder with them seeing as how he dealt with Jason. Think we need to put the hall on lock down? Christ I hope not, Jade'll go ballistic. Got anything more you think we should be doing? I tell ya I was thinkin' of sendin' word to Kayne and havin' her reach whoever the hells been watchin' over Hallia to tell'em that princess of theirs is dead just to squash this and be done with it.... hey maybe I still can? Can't I huh huh?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Janessa » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 am

Janessa finished with her bath, dressed and was walking out of the house when she nearly tripped over Aurora Hope and Cole Shadow. Blue eyes rolled to the heavens and red locks shook, after all the months of Cole working out his own "frustrations" during their little sparring sessions Nessa was more than happy to see that her best friend had finally gotten what he wanted. It was no secret that there were a slew of men always following Rory trying to win over the girl from Fable, and in the beginning so many were so sure that Phillip Ryder would be the one to get his hands on her but Rory shut him down in less than a day and that began the race to see who would win the game. Nessas' money had always been on Cole even though Cole had no idea he was even in the game. Trifton knew, Janessa knew that from the first time Rory had talked to Cole, she was lost. Walking down the steps she patted the top of Coles head.

Better start letting everyone know now Shadow, you know some of these men and the dumb ass vultures around here are a little dense and actually need to be told when someones off the market. Might need to put a hands off sign around Rorys neck or something.

She laughed walking down the steps and was suddenly gone having slipped so easily into the shadows, it was after all the fastest way for her to get to the hall. When she arrived at the hall she came out of the shadows on the floor where the royal families rooms where, she was looking for Aidan of course, not just to see how he was doing but to see how is parents were and when she did find him he wasn't in his room, but he was standing in the doorway of his parents room, the door was opened slightly and she watched him watching his parents. It was a sight to see, and anyone who would have seen Aidan in that stolen moment could see just how much he loved both his parents. She couldn't help but walk to stand next to him, and her hands went into his. Peeking inside the room, there they were. The king and queen of Pallia entangled in each others arms, both actually sound asleep and the peace that rested on both their faces was an amazing sight to see. Janessa looked up at Aidan and saw that same peace but at the same time she saw just how tired he looked, the toll that the ordeal with Alistar took on him was so clear. She kept her voice to a whisper when she talked to him.

They aren't going anywhere Aidan. You look like hell and what do you think your mama would say if she woke up and saw you looking that way? She'd hand me my backside for not doing what I was told. You're my responsibility until I'm told otherwise you know. You've taken care of everything and everyone for quite some time Aidan, now let someone take care of you.
User avatar
Janessa
Stablehand
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:17 am

If those responsible are brought to justice there will be nothing to fear now will there? Jax is going to want to go after them because of the fact innocents were killed and they were trying to kill more. He will not take that easily. I know she worries for my son, but as you know Sara I know my son. Have you not heard that the Shadow men are more stubborn than most men?

He was going to say something else to her but then he heard Sara and what she said. He could understand where she was coming from but she also had to understand it was not light undertaking.

I can show you how to clean and care for his wounds and how to do it all. But be warned that the sight is rather disgusting, I am not sure that a lady should be subjected to such things. I would not mind the help with him though I know you will not be able to always do it. As you will have your hands full with Nala too when she wakes. But I would not deny you learning to help with him. But next time you decide to use an uppity tone with me I would suggest you do not. Uppity tones and that stuff please do not as I do not care for them and usually I do not give a damn about what is being said. As I do not fall under anyone's rule, i could careless about titles and such.


She wanted to be shown fine he was going to show her he was wondering just how much her stomach was going to be able to handle. As he was getting ready to change out the bandages and clean the wounds he let her come see what he was doing. If she was going to care for his son at all she was going to do it the right way.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Emalina Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:19 am

Emalina stayed close to her sister, their parents were in the very next room with only a door separating them so if there were any real problems all Ema had to do was go through that door. As furious as she had been, as scared and worried she felt more at peace now that the whole of her family was under one roof in Iallia. There were still problems that rose even in Iallia though, they were all shocked when Kayne had come in telling them how there had been an attempt on Princess Sarabellas life, and that the princesses brother and sister in law were dead. Ema knew Sara, not well enough to claim to be great friends with her or any such thing but from the stories that Zane had told her about the woman and the few times that Ema did see her, Sara was a good person and to have something so horrendous happen to her, it was hurtful. Part of that probably had to do with what Emas' own family had been through. She felt for Sara and knew that security at the palace would be even tighter now with the Prince and Princesses of Firyon being at the palace and she was sorry for all the extra trouble their being in Iallia was now causing but there was simply nowhere else that Ema could be, nowhere else she wanted to be. She was watching Iliana sleeping in the arms of James Kensington, and the weight she had felt smothering her lifted allowing her to breathe. She had been so worried that once James knew Annie was still in Iallia he might turn on her for her actions, Annie had once again chosen the life of her Queen and the life of Iallias King over that of the man who held her heart. No one not even Ema could understand the position Annie had been put in, all Ema really knew for certain was if anyone so much as looked at her baby sister in the wrong light, Ema would gladly show them just how much of the dark arts she herself knew. Emalina had been lost in these thoughts when Iliana suddenly bolted upright in the bed scaring Ema half to death. Ema looked at her sister and saw how Annies eyes were glazed over and how her sister had suddenly turned gray. She was on her feet and barking at Zane all at the same time.

Get her to the bathing room now Zane!

Zane scooped up Annie and when they were in the bathing room, Annie went to her knees in front of the toilet at the same time Ema was pulling back her long black hair. Emalinas heart broke right there in the bathing room with her sister on the floor throwing up everything in her stomach and crying in a way that Ema didn't even know Annie could do.
Annie kept saying the same thing over and over. That she was nothing but a murdering whore who was going to burn in the nine hells for all the sins she had done, that she had gotten her father killed and she killed the only man in world with a heart big enough to love someone like her. Sometime during all of this Zane had left the room, but Ema was so concentrated on her sister she hadn't noticed. She knelt down next to her sister still holding her hair and rubbing her back whispering to her that she was not going to burn in any hell, that everything was going to be all right. When Annie was done, Ema helped her to feet and washed her face off with a cool cloth. It shook Emalina to the core of her being to see her strong confident sister looking so broken and so... Annie looked like she was in a daze and that's when Ema realized her sister was in shock.

It's going to be okay Annie, look at me... I have never lied to you before have I? Believe me when I say it will be okay sissy... it really is. Come on now honey, we have to get you washed up we don't want James to see you like this do we? And when Daddy sees you what do you think he's going to say if you look like the walking dead?

At the mention of James and their father Ema watched her sister start crying all over again. This simply was not going to do so Ema was going to fix this one problem for her sister. She drew a bath for her sister, helped her from the sleeping gown that she had been changed into and got her settled into the bath. She washed her hair chattering away like nothing out of the ordinary had happened and then she stood up.

You know I've got some of that rose soap you like so much here Annie... let me go get it.

Ema left her sister sitting in the tub and went back out to the bedroom, where she saw Zane sitting talking with James. A spark came into Emas eyes and she looked at James.

Will you please go in there and let that woman see you're alive.... I have never seen her like this before James... best to warn you now... it's not a pretty sight. She thinks she's a murdering whore whose going to burn in hell. I think you might be the only one who can reach her.
User avatar
Emalina Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:39 am

Sara felt her skin turn green, literally. As much as she was down to earth and for as much as she had seen in her life she had never witness what she saw when she started her education on how to properly tend to the injuries that Jackson had suffered. Mathias had lit into her in a sense when she made it clear that she wanted to know everything about tending to his son, but she let that go because she was concentrating on the task she had taken on. She watched him while Ellysia shot a dirty look at the healer, most likely her madre would light into the healer for his own uppity tone at some point but that was of no concern to Sara. Her stomach rolled but she was not going to look away, and she was not going to change her mind. She needed to see for herself the extent of the damage she had caused. No matter what anyone said it was her lack of action that had put Jackson in that bed and she was going to do everything she could to get him well and out of that bed as soon as possible. There were a few moments where she had to stop and take a breath to keep herself from losing her stomach or from hitting the floor, she was determined to see the entire ordeal through to the end. She listened to every word of the healers instructions and when she wasn't sure of what he was telling her she asked him to tell her again even if it meant he had to dumb down what he was saying so she could understand and then she would ask him to show her what he meant so that she could repeat his actions. By the time they were finished Sara was ready to break down in tears, a few tears did slip down her cheeks but that was all she would allow. As soon as everything was cleaned up, old bandages discarded and everything was put back in its proper place, as soon as hands were washed and everything was disinfected Sara was back in the chair at the head of the bed. She didn't give one thought to what she was doing when she starting brushing back his hair, or how she kept her hand in his, or how she was leaned so far forward she could have easily crawled into that bed with him, and it took all her will not to do just that. She leaned forward even more and brought her mouth to his ear not knowing if he would actually hear her or not but she didn't care.

I owe you my life Jackson Shadow, what's more I owe you for Nalas life. You saved us both. How could I ever do enough, or say enough to thank you? I know you need rest, so you do what you have to for your body to heal and when you wake up I know one little girl who will be so very happy to see and I know of a princess who will get down on her knees and give the gods whatever they ask of her so long as you will be all right.

Sara placed a warm kiss on his cheek and carefully rested her head on his arm thankful that there was no wound in that particular spot to keep her from being that close to him while he slept.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 am

Right now as it stands we will not put the Hall on lock down as of yet. They do not know she is here so that it will not be a probken I would think. I do think you are right on who needs to go there.

He knew that things would stay under control there as long as he and Rayne did not lose their heads. He knew twas going to be hard on those that were to be asked to go out. Especially since Genna had been separated from Xavier for so long. He did not see any other way either to send those they knew would dig up something if there was anything to be found.

I know it is going to be hard on Genna but Genna also knows that there are times we are called to do things we do not like. I know Xavier did all he could to hep and I hate to separate them again. We really do need to have as much info a
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:39 am

He had woke as soon as she was gone from him. Then when Ema told him what she did he moved from the bed quickly. He headed into the bathroom and his arms went around her and he kissed her. His fingers ran through her hair as he spoke to her.

Annie look at me, really look at me I am not dead you did not kill me. Couldn't you tell when you woke love I was right there with you. I was not going to leave you and I would not leave you either. Don't you know that I love you too much to leave you, and you love me too much than to be able to kill me. Really Annie look at me do I look dead to you?

He looked at her and brought her hand to his chest and smiled at her. He watched her and kissed her on the cheek then whispered in her ear.

Feel that Annie does that tell of a dead man? I mean really it is the way it is always around you. I love you Annie.
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 am

He watched her with his son and saw how she reacted. He was sure she was going to pass out or something. She looked sickly herself while taking care of Jackson's wounds. He watched as she talked to him and everything and it made him smile.

You know he can hear you even though he is asleep. He will not want you blaming yourself, there are people responsible that will need brought to justice. Something you can do also is start thinking of those that would not want you to take the throne it will give a place for some to start on who set up this attempt on your life. I know seeing what you did was not easy to stomach so if you want I will take care of them I do not have a problem with it, I have seen worse on people.


He could not help but watch to see how the women in the room would react to things and he knew it could be hours or days before Jackson woke up. Part of it was going to be his son's own resolve.

Since he is in good hands I think I will go over to the chair and rest some. If you get tired wake up Braxton and he will sit with his brother.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Harper Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 am

We don't even know who this damn prissy princess is and I'm just supposed to be okay...
A rock skipped across the lake two times for it fell to the bottom with a quiet plink.
Jax is laying up in that bed looking tore up to all sorts of hell and I'm just supposed to be okay...
Another rock made it three times before it sank. Harpers face screwed up into a scowl and the last rock she sent soaring bounced five times then went under just like the two before it. When it sank so did she, down into the grasses of the lakes bank. She was mad as hell and sore at her father for how he expected her to just be so accepting of this woman, this princess that was forced on her brother and had nearly cost him his life. Flinging herself back she kept grumbling to herself wishing she could just snatch her highness by the hair and maybe gouge her eyes out. Heaving a huge heavy sigh, her arm went over her head and Harper just lay there counting trying not to act on her impulses because the last thing she wanted to do was piss her father off.
User avatar
Harper Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Trifton Wakefield » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:43 am

So what did those rocks ever do to you Harper? I heard about Jackson, how is he doing? I am surprised you are not up there with him.

He had been running and heard someone, that someone happened to be Harper Barrett, wait no they found out she was a Shadow. He smiled and plopped down beside her. He grinned slightly at her.

You know I thought we were friends that is one hell of a secret that I heard, about you being a Shadow. I can understand why you would not want everyone to know. I know you are more about proving yourself on your own then by some name.


He nudged her softly and looked at her.

So what has you so aggravated anyways? I was just out for a run because after all the stuff with Janessa I needed to unwind a bit and I heard you mumbling about this and that.
User avatar
Trifton Wakefield
Stablehand
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Iliana woke up in a fog. Nothing around her seemed real, not even when she was bent over heaving so hard her insides hurt did she allow herself to believe that she had survived the nightmare her life had become. Her actions, every move she made had led her to where she was now, and that now, was still hell. The scene in the hall, Kiara and Zhulin, the guards and James ready to strike, it all played over spilling from the pages of her mind. There was so much she wanted to scream at her sister, to leave her alone with what she had done but the truth was she didn't have it in her to fight anymore. In her daze and unclear thinking Iliana rambled on about how she had no choice, for the sake of her family, for her own preservation, she would have to stand at Alistars side and become his Queen. Even James could not break through that haze when Iliana first saw him come into the bathing room. It wasn't until he lifted her from the tub, put a towel around her and wrapped her in his arms putting her hand on his chest and she felt his heart beating strong did she really open her eyes. Everything her mind said told her to remember what she had done, but her sense told her something else. With her eyes she saw for herself James standing strong, and alive. With her touch she felt him beneath her fingers, she could smell him so near, and the scent washed a calmness over her that she thought lost to her. Her ears heard every word that came from his lips in the warm rich timber that would whisper to her late at night or when they were in a crowded room and he wanted her to relax. Her heart, oh her heart was pounding in her chest so hard she expected it would explode from her chest at any moment and when he kissed her, any doubts that he was right there and real were laid to rest. She saw him through her strange colored eyes and touched her fingers to his face.

I watched you fall.. I saw you taking aim at Kiara and I knew, I knew it wasn't another test, but I couldn't let her die... everything would have been lost... I gave up my body, my soul and everything that was good in me including you... for Kiara, for Pallia... and I watched you fall knowing you would not survive. I loved you more than anything, I love you more than anything but I still made that choice. How can this be that you are here now telling me you love me still... how are you alive at all?
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Don't do that to her again Mathias.
Would you believe I was actually fussing over that damn healer at the same time I was scolding him for talking to Sara the way he did. I watched that girl paying such close to attention to everything the healer told her and showed her, I watched that girl brush off the biting way the healer spoke to her when she made it clear she was going to help in Jacksons recovery like one brushed off a piece of lint, and I swear to the gods if I didn't know any better I would have thought that my Sarabella was already taken with the healers son. Gods forbid. Is it bad of me to have hoped it was just some sort of passing hero worship? I didn't want to see Sara get caught up in the boy, no matter how good a man he is, just to realize it was a mistake. Do you know what I am trying to say here? You know, girl gets in trouble, boy rescues girl, girl falls for boy for no other reason than he saved her and what ensues is nothing but a giant mess. I hoped to spare Sara from such a thing but I also knew better than to get too involved. I was however going to set Mathias straight on a few things.
You aren't exactly low key with your tone or words either when you want something healer. Sara was simply speaking with the confidence most believe she does not possess so that you would understand how serious she was in her desire to help tend to your son. She doesn't need anyone snapping back at her no matter how it's said the words still came from your mouth. You wouldn't let anyone talk to your children in such a way, don't do it to mine and we won't have to have another go round.
While I made my little speech I was fixing the blanket left on the chair, handing him tea and then moving to recover Braxton Shadow who was still sleeping in the other chair. The funny thing is Sara shot me a sideways glance when she heard me and it was one of her "Madre hold your tongue" looks which I returned with one of my "You are my child and I protect my child" looks which made Sara roll her eyes then her attention was right back on Jackson.
I'll sit with Sara while you rest, if she does start to tire again I don't think she'll wake anyone no matter how much we tell her to... drink your tea before it gets stone cold healer, and then do as you are so fond of ordering others. Find your rest and I hope when you do that your sleep is not troubled.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Actually what you did was you saved Zhulin, he had been beginning to be turned that is why Kiara was against him like that. Though that was not what we knew at first. You did not kill me, or even try to kill me. What you did was knock me on my ass. Well you knocked me out, but I was never even near death. You could not kill me Annie.

He took her hand and kissed it then her. His eyes met with hers he had heard about what the false king had done. He knew what she had been put through to try and preserve everything the way it needed to be and he touched her face.

I love you Annie, and I know you went through hell to save your family. You did not lose me, I am right here. I know it may take some time with what you went through but I am making this very clear to you Annie. I love you and I want you as my wife. I mean that is if a Princess of Firyon could see herself marrying just the captain of Ialia's guard.

He winked at her he was not sure how many times he teased her about being a princess and him a lowly Captain. His fingers went through her hair.

You are everything to me Annie. I know some will talk about how dark you are but I know there are other sides to you too. I know how your heart can love, and others should be able to see it by all that you went through for Pallia. Your father is alive and well also he is in the other room resting. Well supposed to be resting but you know your parents.
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

I am his father and I am not going to be told that someone that I do not know if can adequately care for my son's wounds is going to take care of him. After all weren't you the one that was saying that you could not do this or that if you did not know Sarabella was ok. That you could not be sure she was well protected? What do you think now was Jackson good enough to protect her? My concern is for my son's recovery not if I offend you or Sarabella. I honestly do not think you would know what to do if you did not have something to complain to me about.

He looked to her with a grin though, he had to admit the woman had something to her. He shook his head with a laugh and settled down without drinking any of the tea he was not wanting any at the moment.

I do not mind cool or cold tea, if I should find I want some later I will have some. I know she will not want to rest even if she tires but as her Madre I am sure you will look out for her best interest even if it is something that she does not like.


He could not help but grin these two were something else. He just hoped his daughter had found a way to calm down before coming back there.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Harper Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:43 pm

You want to know how Jax is? Heh. He's been blown up how do you think he is?
Harper didn't move her arm when she heard someone walking near her, she already knew who it was, she was a Shadow after all and she could smell a cake baking all the way in town if she really wanted to. It wasn't until Trifton made a comment about her secrets that she flipped over on her stomach and looked at him like he was messing with some herbs he shouldn't be messing with at all.
Do I know all of your secrets Trifton? No. This secret was not mine to tell, the only way Jax was going let me stay in Pallia was if I promised to take our mothers name and never tell anyone that we were not just Shadows but that the King himself is our Uncle. So the rumors you heard about that are true and now you know so there aren't anymore secrets that I have to tell.
Harper was pissed, all the counting didn't help so maybe being able to use Trifton as a sounding board would.
I am furious Trifton. My brother gets himself blown up protecting some uppity prissy little princess that we don't know a damn thing about other than her brother was the King of Hallia and partially responsible for this damn mess and when I get upset about it I get told to be nice. Bullshit. By the way, I'm glad your sister is all right. Don't know if you heard what I heard but seems she's just as good at playing hero as Aidan is. Guess she lopped off someones head that was thinking to sneak up on Aidan. Anyway, I know it had to be a bitch hearing she had been dragged up to the all, alls well that ends well though right? Soon as her highness is the hell away from my brother that well will end well too and it can't happen soon enough for me.
User avatar
Harper Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users