by Iliana Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm
Iliana woke up in a fog. Nothing around her seemed real, not even when she was bent over heaving so hard her insides hurt did she allow herself to believe that she had survived the nightmare her life had become. Her actions, every move she made had led her to where she was now, and that now, was still hell. The scene in the hall, Kiara and Zhulin, the guards and James ready to strike, it all played over spilling from the pages of her mind. There was so much she wanted to scream at her sister, to leave her alone with what she had done but the truth was she didn't have it in her to fight anymore. In her daze and unclear thinking Iliana rambled on about how she had no choice, for the sake of her family, for her own preservation, she would have to stand at Alistars side and become his Queen. Even James could not break through that haze when Iliana first saw him come into the bathing room. It wasn't until he lifted her from the tub, put a towel around her and wrapped her in his arms putting her hand on his chest and she felt his heart beating strong did she really open her eyes. Everything her mind said told her to remember what she had done, but her sense told her something else. With her eyes she saw for herself James standing strong, and alive. With her touch she felt him beneath her fingers, she could smell him so near, and the scent washed a calmness over her that she thought lost to her. Her ears heard every word that came from his lips in the warm rich timber that would whisper to her late at night or when they were in a crowded room and he wanted her to relax. Her heart, oh her heart was pounding in her chest so hard she expected it would explode from her chest at any moment and when he kissed her, any doubts that he was right there and real were laid to rest. She saw him through her strange colored eyes and touched her fingers to his face.
I watched you fall.. I saw you taking aim at Kiara and I knew, I knew it wasn't another test, but I couldn't let her die... everything would have been lost... I gave up my body, my soul and everything that was good in me including you... for Kiara, for Pallia... and I watched you fall knowing you would not survive. I loved you more than anything, I love you more than anything but I still made that choice. How can this be that you are here now telling me you love me still... how are you alive at all?