by Ellysia » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:44 pm
Finally! Finally! Finally! I was finally going to be rid of the healer, and I damn near did a happy dance right there in front of everyone when I was stopped and felt my heart sink to my feet when I saw Lolo going after the healer, and I swear to you I took off running the other way, until I saw them. They came through the shadows looking like some strange creature. Nala, enveloped in Saras arms, and Sara was encased in the arms of the same man who had thought to put a dagger to my throat when I first came to Pallia. Everything changed in that moment. Everything....
I can't even begin to tell you all the details of what happened because I did something that I had never done before in all the years that I looked over Sara. I froze. I couldn't even ask what happened and everything around me started moving at such speeds I thought my head was going to spin clean off. Shadows were jumping up and taking Nala from Sara, Sara was taken from Jackson Shadow and the three of them were carted off to a room where healers, mages and anyone else with an ounce of knowledge in the arts of healing had been called to. Those first few hours were the longest of my life and all I could think was if I lost Sara then I lost everything that was ever important to me. I wasn't allowed in the room that she had been brought to, and it was killing me not knowing what was happening. What made it worse was knowing whatever happened the healers son had been involved and it was my fault because I was the one who came to Pallia asking for help. Fast forward a little bit and here's what I was told happened. Sara had been carrying Nala home, Jackson Shadow was with them and when they were close to the house, just a few doors down something, a smell or just a feeling made Sara turn away from the house covering Nala with her body, when she turned away Jackson it seems following his own instincts had covered Sara with his body and shoved both her and Nala to the ground just as the house exploded. Gods damn exploded, with Saras brother and wife inside. Later on we would learn that the explosion was meant to go off with Sara inside the house and let me tell you Kayne and Zhulin made damn sure that the ones responsible were dealt with, turns out Jason had some friends in Iallia that did not want to see Sarabella take the throne and in the space of one night had thought to bring Hallia to ruins by leaving no heir alive. The problem with that was they didn't know how much Sara detested the idea of being Queen and they sure as hell were not expecting her to live let alone have the likes of Jackson Shadow watching over her. I know I am getting a little ahead of myself but when he was fully recovered I have to say I have never and I do mean never seen anyone go seeking justice and maybe even revenge the way that man did. I don't even know how many hours passed when I finally allowed in that room and the first thing I saw when I went in was Richard standing next to Mathias who was sitting on one side of the bed with his son and on the other side Sarabella sat in a chair with Nala in her arms, the lines of worry on her face for the healers son were evident.I can freely admit I felt like such an asshole at that moment and couldn't even think of what to say. Sara saw me and I saw the fire in her eyes. She had a few cuts and bruises but nothing major that I could see and Nala looked completely unharmed thank the gods.
Seeing you could not for two damn days just behave yourself I took it upon myself to enlighten Mathias Shadow as to why you were being such a cunt to him while his son was risking his ass to save my life and the life of my niece.
I felt like someone had just punched me in the chest. I have never heard Sara say anything worse than shit in her whole life and to see her anger, to hear it... I was an asshole. I couldn't even think of anything to say to her not that it mattered because the Princess wasn't about to give me a chance to say anything at all.
I know how much you loved Warren Ellysia, and I know what happened, that his murder is the very reason you do not trust healers but if you would have just listened to what you were told you could have come to Iallia and we would have been able to return to Hallia. None of this would have happened Ellysia. And now look at where we are. Peter and Joanne are dead Ellysia. Mathias has had to tend to his own son and for what? Your fears? We're all afraid of something in this world Ellysia... do you know what my biggest fear is right now? That I am going to lose a friend who by fate or chance or whatever you want to call it, was brought to me and was actually able to see passed the Princess, see beyond the riches and the crown and just see me. And if that happens... I don't think I will ever be able to forgive you.
I was rocked to the very core of myself. I had never seen her act like that, and what was I suppose to say then? There wasn't anything I could say. I did the only thing I could think of. I just nodded my head and went and sat in a chair set in the corner watching Sara while she watched over Jackson. I don't know when I fell asleep or who even moved me all I know is the next time I opened my eyes I was in a bed in another room and the pillow my head was on was wet with tears.