by Ellysia » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:24 pm
I wanted to gouge out that mans eyes with a knife and feed them to the nearest starving mangy mutt I could find roaming the streets. There is a difference between being confident, arrogant, even cocky and being a downright asshole. Mathias the healer had turned into a downright asshole. I still to this day cannot believe I just stood there while he talked down to me like I really was a little child. Literally just stood there glaring at him as much as he was spitting fire at me with those eyes. It was ridiculous to say the least. I was angry and part of that anger was old anger I thought long buried but the more I was around this man the more that anger surfaced like a ghost coming up from the grave. Isn't that exactly what was happening though? Warren. I still give a little hmph and shake my head when I think about him even now. Oh those times are far and few in between, it's been decades since his death, his murder I should say, and those responsible, healers that were meant to heal him killed him instead, were held accountable. Meaning they are all dead, their executions ordered by Saras father himself gods rest his soul. Anyway, back to the healer. I can't tell you how badly I wanted to break his face or at lease silence his voice so I wouldn't have to suffer through anymore of his high and mighty tirades but then he spoke in a way, in a tone that I knew too well. It wasn't until the end of his little rant that it happened but when it did, I changed my mind about wanting to bring physical harm upon his person because in that tone I could hear the harm, the hurt that had been done upon his soul. I backed down. Yeah you read right, I backed down. I didn't look at him when I walked passed him, maybe it's because I didn't want to see my own hurt, I was so tired of trying to deal with it even after all the time that had gone by.
Don't ever put me to sleep again.
That was all I could bring myself to say to him. I understand his intentions were good, and obviously he was well skilled in his craft, but for me it wasn't a matter of skill. It was a matter of trust and for me to trust a healer, especially one I only just met, was like expecting a merchant to trust a thief.