Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Hunter Shadow » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:48 am

First thing he did when the fighting was done was go back to FIryon and bring his cousin back with him. He had rings for them and no one other than Maddie would tell him he was to wait another day. He told Jacob, his father and his siblings about meeting him at the house. He did not care for a huge wedding hell his family being there was big enough with six siblings. He came back to the house and came in walking to Maddie and kissing her.

I think it is about time that you become my wife and take my last name. So that everyone knows that you and the baby are mine and have always been. I invited Jacob, Katie and Quinn, Sage of course, and my siblings. If I forgot anyone I need to know but you are marrying me today Madeline Somerset because I am not letting another day go by without you as my wife.
User avatar
Hunter Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Oriana » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:10 pm

That was... interesting. Really dear one even I had never thought of causing someone to explode from the inside out.

Walking through the fields of Aranors dreams the mage moved closer to where he sat upon a pillar of sand. An perfectly defined ebony brow went up into a perfect arch, violet eyes glanced around and ebony curls shook in time with the chuckle that moved passed the grin of her lips.

I'm impressed. Then again I have always been impressed with you, even somewhat fascinated. I remember this boy that held so much potential I don't think you realized just how much potential you had either. This boy who was so sure of himself in so many ways, yet so... what's the word to best describe this boy... oh yes vulnerable. I saw none of that boy tonight and instead saw a man who was strong, confident and so sure of every move he made.

The mage leaned over brushing her lips against the warmth of his cheek.

Well played dear one. Still... there is something that is not sitting well with me. You are troubled by something Aranor? You did pull off an amazing feat tonight and I expect you are exhausted, why else would I be walking through the front of your mind? Or is it the back? Whichever, I'm here now and I do have something more to tell you.

From the sand a plush chair formed swirling until it took shape, the mage sat gracefully on that chair studying the face that she had grown to know every detail of in her lifetime.


You know that you are the only one I ever saw enough greatness in that made me want to see you become better than even I. I know that sounds arrogant of me doesn't it? Let's face it Aranor, we all know there were few in the world like me and now there are few in the world like you.... but you have to remember Aranor, with greatness comes great responsibility. Not only to the people and the world around you but to yourself. This is the one trick, the one task, that I in all my own greatness could not master. Understand what I am telling you Aranor. You have to learn to put yourself first or else you will end up seeing me permanently and sooner than your wife would like. I know what it is to want to solve every problem for everyone... it is a difficult road we walk, you however have it in you to learn the one thing I could not. Balance.

She rose to her feet, leaned and placed a kiss on his forehead.

You have done so well and I am so proud to have known you, to have been able to share with you what I could not share with any other. Just remember what I said. And Aranor... Iliana... she will need time you know this but I promise you... in that time she will heal. Rest now and when you wake... put you first.

A smile graced her lips, a gentle wind blew and Oriana was gone leaving behind the scents of lavender in his mind as were left behind when she lived.
My Heart, My Soul Lies Within the Dragonhand.
I'll miss you everyday until I see you again Darth
User avatar
Oriana
Peasant
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:19 pm

He had smiled with the little one following him and then he just shook his head when she said what she did. He just grinned when the little one apologized.

Your apology is accepted Nala. As your Aunt said you need to just watch what you say. Quite the child you have there Peter.


He waited til they were gone til he let out the laugh he was holding in. He looked to Sarabella and his dark eyes meeting with hers. He was the opposite of most of the Shadow men, most of them were blonde hair light blue eyes. He was all Shadow when it came to certain things.

Your niece is something else. I can just imagine what her Mother would say. Though you know with the way most men think and all, I could see why Nala would say something like that. With all the stories of how the men in my family are if she was older I could understand her saying that. By the way I heard from my father Elyssia is okay she took some damage and he had patched her up but instead of resting like she told him she would she went out fighting. But she is okay still, she is just being a bit stubborn with him. Might have to contact them later. I have something that my siblings and I have to contact each other and my father. She is sleeping right now but he said she is probably going to be mad as hell when she wakes up.


He laughed and shook his head.

It is good for him to be kept busy though since Mom died a few years ago he has done nothing but throw himself into his work and not doing much else. Maybe she will distract him some. Hmmm I hear music is that usual for this time of night here? Would you like to dance?
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Madeline Somerset » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 pm

Madeline was in the mother of all moods. For the last week she hadn't been allowed to even open the front door of Jacobs house, she hadn't seen the sun except for through the panes of glass in the windows of the house, and the only fresh air she was allowed was when those windows were opened. She understood that Jacob and Sage were only doing what they needed to in order to spare their own lives, because if something happened to her she knew neither one of them wanted to deal with Hunter. Not that she could blame them, Hunter wasn't exactly a small man and given what he learned the whole of his life as a Shadow, she could see why they would be extra cautious with how Pallia was going to hell in a hand basket. She was in the kitchen when the commotion started in the living room, for a minute she thought about just staying in the kitchen, whatever was happening in the other room could just happen, but then she swore she heard Jacob saying something about Hunter and she was in the midst of getting to her feet when the same man she heard mentioned came stalking through the kitchen door. He lifted her from the chair into his arms, kissed her like he hadn't seen her in a hundred years... and didn't feel that way with every day that went by.... then he laid it all out for her in his "this is how it's going to be because I said so and that's that" tone. When he gave her the chance to breath she couldn't say anything, she just stood there wrapped up in his arms nodding her head. The silence was broken when Hunters cousin Gregory asked the question he asked all Shadow men when they were taking a wife. Only this time he put the question to Madeline.

Maddie honey are you sure you know what your getting yourself into marrying this man?

Laughter erupted from all sides including from those in the frontroom and Madeline looked at Hunter when she answered.

I've never been more sure of anything in my life.
User avatar
Madeline Somerset
Stablehand
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Braxton Shadow » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 pm

He was doing as his father said cleaning up the mess with magic when as his father put it that no one should have to clean up such a mess. His father had told him to use the magic to burn up the body parts into nothing and then to clean the room so that no one had to try and clean up that much blood and everything else. Whereas magic would be easier to clean all of that with anyways. With a smile he cleaned up every last bit of it and was checking over his work when a woman who had been barking out orders not long ago came in. He assumed by the look on her face that she was there to clean the room up.

I hope I did not step on your toes Ma'am but my father told me to get this cleaned up so that no one would have to deal with something so disgusting. It was fascinating in someways but not in others. Who would have thought to blow someone up from their insides. I hope that this is done to your liking if not I can change what has been done to something else.

He looked at her and was not sure how to rate her reaction to what he was saying. He was the more magical of the three though all of them shared their father's abilities. He just happened to be the strongest magic wise. He stood there waiting to see what would be said by the woman.
User avatar
Braxton Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 pm

He wondered if his wife had lost her mind. She knew the dangers of going off like that. He was not amused but then again he knew his wife had a bit of wild in her look at who her parents are he thought to himself with a little bit of a laugh. The daughter of Condrik and Rayne was enough to give him white streaks at times. There was not much time for anything when he did find her they were being told that they had to get to Jacobs cause Hunter was back and was getting married. He grinned at his Queen.

Well it looks like your brother saved you for the time being hearing about what I was going to say about what were you thinking when it came to what was going on and going off on your own like that. Though I am glad to see that you are safe.

He went with her to Jacob's house and he heard what Gregory asked Maddie and he grinned and looked to his wife. Then he yelled out.

Better be sure you are ready for that one Maddie if he is anything like his older sister he is going to be a handful and more to deal with.

He did laugh after saying it and winked at her with a grin his hand in hers.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:53 pm

He was resting peacefully when he saw her in his mind. He knew it was a dream of sorts that he was not awake and he weighed everything Oriana told him. He had to chuckle when she said about blowing the man up from the inside out.

Well the thought had just come to me wanted to make sure the bastard was dead after what he did with Iliana I know it will take her time. She is going to have all of us there for her. As soon as I wake that is where I am going. I know I need to find balance and maybe some new arrivals will help with that as well. I know you need to go Ori but thank you. I need to go too, I need to return to Payten.

He had felt something be put around his neck earlier and in his sleep he touched it and knew it was something he gave to Payten what seemed like ages ago. When he finally did wake he sent himself right to the room where Iliana, James, Ema, Zane and Payten were. With a smile he watched his family.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Nala is going to grow to be something great, you can just see it in her eyes, in the way she speaks and the way she moves. My niece is something special.

Realizing how she sounded Saras cheeks turned a little pink.

Of course I am just biased, she is my niece after all and aren't Aunts supposed to think of greatness for their nieces and nephews? So, it is your father who got landed with the task of taking care of Ellysia?

Sara was glad for the change in subject, Nala had managed to throw her completely off guard with her blunt questions and statements, and horrified her for doing so in front of not only mixed company but in front of a man that Sara had barely begun to know.

I hope that my madre hasn't given him too much of a hard time. It doesn't surprise me that she didn't stay put, she has never been one to follow orders, but lords above let someone go against one of her orders and see what happens. I'm sure she had her reasons for not following what was suggested to her, she usually always does and those reasons more often than not are good reasons. You know she's never been away from me this long. Since the night I was born she has taken care of me like a mother. Which is why I refer to her as madre when I speak of her. I have been very blessed to know the love of the a mother even though my own mother passed on. I am sorry that you lost your mother too, and maybe Ellysia will be able to keep your father distracted from his grief if only for a little while, lords know she can be a handful.

Hearing the music the corners of Saras mouth turned up, the soft smile brought on by the story behind the music.

It is something of a tradition here to have music playing at night. It serves two purposes, to help ease the people from the stresses of the day and to remind us all that even in our darkest hour there is still good, still beauty in all forms in the world. It was a tradition started by the Queen herself the day that the King returned to her after all of Iallia thought he was lost to all. Long before they were King and Queen, Zhulin was Captain of Iallias Guard, and had been called to war. Kayne was pregnant with Princess Zuri at the time though Zhulin was not aware of the baby, it seems that Zuri was conceived the afternoon before Zhulin left these lands. To make a long story short, Kayne was told that Zhulin had fallen in that war, and just a little over a year later on a stormy afternoon a man came galloping up the walk leading to the palace gates like the devil himself were after him. I don't need to tell you it was Zhulin. That night there was a celebration and every night after Kayne would have music play. I think I would like to dance thank you.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Abigale » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:11 pm

She was in the midst of pulling up her hair and steeling herself against the sight that was waiting for her in the room where the false king had lost his life. Lost his life was an understatement, from what she had heard, and what she had been able to see when she just glanced in the room earlier to see just how bad it was, the man had...
Abigale didn't finish the thought because she turned into the room and saw it not only sparkling clean but everything in that room had been arranged so it looked nothing like it had before. Her hair dropped from her hands and fell to her shoulders, her jaw dropped to the floor and in the middle of the room was a man who until he turned to face her had had his back turned. When he heard her he turned around and her cheeks went hot with color. It wasn't just the room anymore that had her standing there with her mouth hanging open. The man had the brightest blue eyes she had ever seen and gods help her were those dimples? It took the sound of his voice to shake her from her sudden stupidity and it didn't take long for her to realize he was another of the Shadow clan. Straight away she was down on bended knee, with her head bowed slightly. She didn't know if he was a cousin, a brother, nephew or what his relation was but it was clear he was related just by the way he looked and the fact that she had not seen him at the hall before meant he was not Elite. No stranger to their lands would have been allowed in that room.
I appreciate the help my lord, I must admit I was not looking forward to the task, but I could not allow any of my staff to deal with the matter, they have had to deal with enough as it is. You have done a remarkable job, I wouldn't have been able to what you have done here. Thank you.
User avatar
Abigale
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:15 pm

Well I would not know due to the nature of things I never got to know any of my Aunts not with them knowing I was their nephew. See our parents never wanted the life of the Elite for us. Though my father was always proud to talk of his brothers it was also hard knowing the life that they had. My parents were not for me going to train for the Elite but it was something from the time I knew of it I knew was what I wanted to do. I used my Mother's maiden name to not be known as one of the Shadows. I wanted to prove myself without the name possibly being a factor. I do believe that Nala is going to do something great you are right it can be seen in her eyes.

He pulled her to him to dance he had to remember to behave himself as this was his charge and he did not want to fail at anything. Hie danced with her while they still spoke.

Father says that Elyssia may need to hear it from you for her to stay put and take care of things there. I was hearing from him too given the history there that there should be a large celebration to celebrate all that has happened. It is good that you had Elyssia there for you. My mother was something else and she was quieter but strong in the same aspects if that even makes sense.


He smiled at her as they danced and he continued to think about the things that she said.

I remember the stories going around about that. It is amazing the things that will happen when two people are meant to be together. I think of my Aunt and Uncle and all they have been through and yet when they look at each other it is almost like seeing two young people in love.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Braxton Shadow » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 pm

He smiled at the woman when she knelt in front of him it took him by surprise and rather shocked him. He looked at her and smiled slightly.

Mi lady there is no reason for you to act such a way, I am not royalty. I am glad that I could be of assistance. I can help with whatever is needed. I am not the mage that my uncle or my father is but I can do somethings. I am still improving on matters. I am Braxton. Please call me that as I do not feel comfortable with the title Lord. I am sure there are other things that I can help with as well this was merely a simple spell is all restoring things to the way they were meant to be in here. Not the way that bastard had them, please excuse the language. I think of what he did and I can not call him anything decent.

He was watching her the way she moved and all he could not help it. He was not one to ignore what was in front of him. So she was something to do with staff that he could figure out not that it much mattered right then. He did want to find out more about her there was just something that gave off a different air to her.
User avatar
Braxton Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:14 am

You don't seem to mind having your hands full with me when I'm in your...

The sentence was never finished. From three sources her name was bellowed. Her brothers Quin and Cole could have shook the rafters of Jacobs home with how loud they were and then there was another voice that carried above all others. A voice that spoke another name for her and made her head snap around. Her blue eyes started shining and she pulled away from Payne throwing him that smile she saved just for him then nearly knocked down the owner of that third voice.

Valiant!

Cori threw her arms around her son and squeezed his neck tight, her youngest child, and her only son most likely didn't understand that while she loved all her children with everything she was, the moon and stars had been put in the sky just for him.

Here let me look at you baby... step back some... Vali you're too damn thin, did you not eat while you were away? And what in the hell is that?!

Cori noticed a small scar on her sons cheek, one that hadn't been there before, she would have noticed it at some point in his life because she knew the faces of all her children as well as she knew her own.

Ed' i'ear ar' elenea! If one of that son of a bitches bastards put their hands on you...

Another voice cut in and Cori was off and running to take each of her twin daughters by the hand. Astrid had just come in with Ash and behind them still in her dark armor was Ardis.

Mother leave him be, he's a grown man and doesn't need to be babied.

Lowering her voice when she spoke with her daughters Cori looked between her daughters though none in the room save for Payne, Valiant, Astrid and Ash were supposed to know who the person in the armor was.

Mani naa lle umien?

Astrid looked at her mother with a gleam in her eye talking loud enough for everyone in the room to hear her. She looked around and saw her grandparents, her uncles, the core of what made their family what it was, made them who they were.

Darren Thislewood would like to offer his apologies for creating such a scene at such a joyous occasion but given the short notice that this family was given to gather here...

Astrid stole a glance at "Darren" and gave a little nod followed by an impish smile. At this point Ardis removed the helmet from her head, and shook out the blonde braid, her eyes identical to her sisters were gleaming just as bright, her smile just as imp like.

It was the only damn way I could make it here in time. You know it was a bit of a stretch making it here... cleaning up the trash around here can be pretty time consuming... it was fun was hell though let me tell you. We didn't miss anything did we?

Cori was shocked. Ardis was never so open about the fact that she was Darren Thistlewood and now there she stood in the main room of Jacob Ryders house sharing her biggest secret with them all. This is when Cori turned and looked at her King with a smirk on her face.

That's your child right there your Majesty... wasn't it you and your own twin who stood stripping down to reveal your secret to all not so long ago? And you all say I'm the wild one? Bullshit.

This time it was her parents who called her name and her Mama Rayne who told her to watch her mouth. Everyone started laughing again and Cori started crying tears of joy because her family, her husband, her children, her brothers,and her parents were all together again filling Jacobs house with love and laughter and there with them all Cori, in her heart and in the air Cori could feel Ariela, her Ma. It was at that moment that Cori knew everything truly was okay.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Abigale » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:33 am

There is no need for apologies my lor... Braxton. I've lived on these very lands my whole life, believe me when I tell you I have heard worse...

Abigale looked up from where she was kneeling, with a lopsided smile on her face. She rose from her knee and smoothed out the simple maiden blouse she wore, then brushed the few specks of dust from the knee of the leggings she wore.

... and I must admit I myself have said worse.

Abigale was instantly at ease with this man. This Braxton Shadow that she had never heard mention of before, and maybe she should have been leery of him given all that had transpired on their lands over the last year but it was because of what had happened that she believed he was who he said he was. Who did he really say he was though? Stop Abby, do not go stupid because you were caught by a pair of pretty blue eyes.

Forgive me for being... curious... but just who are your father and your uncle? And exactly how are you related to their Majesties? I mean it's obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that you are of the Shadow bloodline... but I really shouldn't even be talking with you let alone allowing you to walk the hall without knowing just who your kin are...
User avatar
Abigale
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:55 am

Peter is like that.. what I mean is, there are few who realize he is as much my brother as Jason...

Sara had been listening to Jackson caught up in the small history of himself that he was so willing to share with her that she felt somewhat honored. It might have seemed strange to some that she would feel such a thing but the way she saw it, a man who could speak so freely of himself and his life could only be honest and good. Of course there was the way he behaved when he was with her, taking his duty as her guard seriously and being polite to the point of being gracious yet at the same time giving her room to breathe and she had yet to see even an ounce of judgment in his eyes for being the sister of the traitorous king of Hallia. When she mentioned Jason she felt a small twinge of sadness. She remembered her brother before he had let his lust and his thirst for power take hold of him, he had truly loved her more than anything but even that was not enough to keep him from the downward spiral, it had not been enough to keep him sane. Only a madman could have thrown himself into the chaos that Jason had.


... there are few who know Peter is my brother because as much as he loves me and is proud of me, he has worked hard for the life he has now and he does not want all his hard work to be forgotten simply because I am a Princess. He doesn't want anyone to think that everything he has was handed to him by me. Not that I haven't tried to make his life easier, don't get me wrong, Peter has never gone without anything, and while he might not let me spoil him as I think is right, he does allow me to contribute to his many projects and charities that will better the lives of the poorer people in Hallia. And he does let me spoil Nala now and then. I can't tell you how many time Ellysia has gone to him to try and talk him into moving into the palace to be nearer to me, she knows how badly I want to provide my brother and his family with everything I have been given. Even Kayne herself has tried to talk to him about the matter but Peter wishes to make his own way in the world and I cannot go against his wishes or fault him for that. My brother is a good man and his wife is a good woman and if they are truly happy then I am truly happy. Quiet strength is often the strongest of strengths did you know that Jackson?

Sara made the last comment when he spoke of his mother. She knew what it was to be seen as quiet, knew what it meant to be strong in that silence, maybe not on the same level as his mother but it was still something she knew about, after all it had been her silent strength that drove her to turn her back on her brother Jason and do what was right when she learned of his mad plans. She was a little surprised that he knew of Kayne and Zhulins story but at the same time it made her heart smile. Their story was indeed something of a fairytale. A fairytale with a very rocky beginning but still filled with magic and wonder all the same.

It is amazing isn't it? When two people find each other and they might not know they belong together at first but then something happens and everything changes. Then suddenly everyone else in the world just seems to fade away and if those two people are blessed enough, they get to live out their lives surrounded in the light of the love they share. Much like Kayne and Zhulin... much like your King and Queen. They are the stuff legends are made of.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Braxton Shadow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 am

My father is Mathias Shadow before this all happened I had never been to these lands but he had long ago. As he is sibling to Aranor, Condrik and Losa. He did not want mixed up in all of this back then but when Losa came to him needing help this time around he could not refuse his brother. My father called me to come help. You may now my brother and sister Jackson and Harper Barrett. So as far as how I am related to their magesties I am one of their nephews. It has been an interesting few days to say the least. Now Miss if there is anything I can help with as i said just ask.

He smiled watching her. He could understand how one would not trust just what they see.
User avatar
Braxton Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Abigale » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:34 am

Jax is your brother?! Oh lord..

As soon as he said what he did her cheeks flared red and she looked around trying to think of some way to get out of the room without coming across as being rude. It didn't help matters when she said what she said because she realized how it must have sounded coupled with the redness of her cheeks. She remembered the "incident" as it was referred to, and how Harper had followed her and Jax around for a week poking fun at them both whenever she saw them.

I know your brother and sister, one a little too well some would say... I can only imagine the kick Harper is going to get out of this when she...

She wasn't making sense, and she was starting to sound like someone who had taken a hard knock to the head. Clearing her throat, pushing her embarrassment down to the tips of toes Abigale let go with a sigh and started telling the story of the "incident".

As I said, I know your siblings. Poor Jax. He was only trying to help but the whole situation was so chaotic and out of control that he ended up getting just as tangled up as I was and when we were found, needless to say we were not in a very good position. I was going about doing my daily routine, the usual running of the hall, nothing out of the ordinary, at least it started out that way. Until I reached the quarters where the mages pledging to the Elite stay. It seems that one said pledge has a bit of a trickster in him... either that or Creedy Buchanan was in another of his impish moods, we still aren't sure who was behind it all. Anyway to make a long story short I had gotten tangled up in the sheets of a bed that seemed to take on a life of their own and Jax was doing rounds in the hall that morning, he heard me cussing up a storm and saying words no lady should ever say. He came to help when those demonic sheets grabbed hold of him too and he ended up tangled up right in there with me. I can only imagine what people heard coming from that room and what they saw... I don't think I've ever turned so red. Anyway. Your Uncle Aranor came down and freed us but not without teasing us both horribly and for over a week we were whispered about, picked on and everything else you could think of until the King himself set the situation right. Your sister was the worst of them all.

She grinned sheepishly then finding herself without anything more to say but having to say something after telling him all that she pulled up her hair like she had been intending to and jerked her head towards the door.

It seems I'm left with nothing to tend to for the moment. Thank you again for taking care of this for me, I do appreciate it, I really wasn't sure just how I was going to get this room clean again. Simple magics or not it is an amazing feat to me. Now... after laying eyes on such a sight as what was in this room maybe you would like to go to the kitchens for some tea? I'm not saying you have a weak stomach, apparently that is not the case because you were able to do what you did, but still I think some of your Uncle Aranors special tea... Orianas tea handed down to your uncle... might do you some good.
User avatar
Abigale
Stablehand
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:39 am

I guess I am not really clear on not admitting he is your brother how that helps in anything. There are always stories floating around some true some made up. We grew up hearing the stories of Losa and Kiara and the elite. Yes quiet strength can be the greatest strength at times. If he is able to do good because of the help what he cane hlp to get I do not see why he would not say he was related to you. But as I do not know the fuil of it all I guess I should not say much.

He smiled as he moved with her it was easy to be this close to her and for him not to shrink back he knew ahead of time that this woman was nothing more than his charge. And knee from experience that someone in he rankings would not be interested in someone like him and he did not mind that he just was being realistic. Sure she said what she had earlier but he really had to wonder how she could be sure that certain things would not matter to her.

Yes it is amazing when two people find each other and things change when they realize they belong together. I know that Losa and Liara have been more than blessed with what they have had and I can not help but be glad that they have such a strong relationship. My parents really did not go through any real problems or anything like that, which seems to follow the family to a point.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:16 am

Really? I would think that you could understand Peters stance...

Sara was a little surprised that Jackson Shadow did not or was it could not seem to wrap his mind around why her brother kept their relation to one another private. So she was going to explain it to him another way. In a way she believed would make him understand then.

Why did you keep your true self from the King and Queen of Pallia? Did you not tell me it was because you wanted to prove yourself without the threat of others believing favoritism was involved because you are nephew to the King? The same theory, the same principle applies to Peter. He does not want people to think that he has gotten where he is life because he is sister to Hallias Princess.

She smiled up at him just as the music started to fade, the bells from the cathedral tolled softly through the kingdom and Sara smacked her hand against her forehead then started laughing.

I cannot believe I forgot! Even with everything that has happened all around me... how could I have forgotten!

She grabbed Jackson by the hand and went racing towards the palace until they were inside and she nearly collided with her brother who caught her before she fell and started laughing at her.

Where's the fire majesty?

Sara smacked her brother on the arm and scowled at him in a playful way.

Don't... you remembered didn't you and you didn't think to remind me? Peter! I don't care what has happened I have never missed this night with her! Where is she?

Peter glanced in the direction of the hall that led to the royal wing of the palace.

Kayne is getting her ready now... this year she's chosen to be a priestess of the water gods.

Sara chuckled and shook her head.

At least she isn't trying to haul her mothers sword all over creation... we have to go Peter, I'll have her back before...

Before dawn this time Sara... last year was enough to give me heart palpitations for two lifetimes.

Nodding Sara giggled like a little girl and kissed her brothers cheek then took off running pulling Jackson with her again.They reached her quarters and right away she started pulling out her hair and pulling off her clothes without even stopping to think. She had forgotten what night is was and in her rush to get ready, in her haste to not let Nala down it hadn't dawned on her that the guard with her was not Ellysia. She had just pulled on the simple white gown of a priestess that she found waiting for her and was starting to braid her hair twisting golden threads through the braid when she turned to say something and remembered that it was Jackson with her and not her madre.

Oh my...

A faint red tinted her cheeks and she laughed again this time to break the awkward silence in the room.

I forget to think when I get this excited. Do you know what tonight is Jackson Shadow? Surely you must....

Sara went to the armoire in her room and opened it thinking to fetch the silver sandals that matched the flowing sleeveless gown with the silver rope belt she now wore and she jerked back a little seeing the uniform of Iallias guard in the space. Taking it out she held it up towards Jackson.

It's Devils night Jackson and it looks like Kayne has found something for you to wear. I take Nala out each year so she can collect her goodies and I can be among the real people of the world without having to deal with them all bowing and thinking I need to be treated like I can walk on water.... will you join us this evening Jackson?
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:37 am

Do I really need to tell you that the next time I opened my eyes everything around me was tinted red? I was so pissed off at Mathias Shadow for thinking it was all right for him to take the liberty of using magic on me without my say so that all I could see was red. I was going to kill him one way or the other. Even if I had to wait until he turned in for the night and I had to sneak into his room I was going kill him. And is this what I kept telling myself when I tore out of the room he had dropped me in, stormed down the stairs of the inn with a slew of words ready to throw at him on my lips and was stopped in my tracks because the inn was full and contrary to what you might already think of me, I do not make scenes in public. I do however raise hell behind closed doors and the closest door I could find was that of the kitchen. Spotting Mathias wasn't all that difficult to do either. All I had to do was look towards the bevy of women that were trying to get his attention. For a second I thought about leaving him to his fate, especially when I saw how he looked like he just wanted to knock them all on their backsides, but if any woman was going to get their hands on him that night it was going to be me and not for the same reasons the carnivores stalking him had in mind. I walked across the floor of that inn with every bit of my own arrogance and cockiness stopping when I was standing at the table in front of him. One woman actually made a comment about me that I won't repeat but I will tell you I didn't even look in her direction when I grabbed her by the throat.

I would suggest you turn around and walk away right now if you'd like to keep your neck intact.

I let the woman go and wouldn't you know it the rest of vultures scattered like dust leaving me to deal with my true prey. Leaning down hands on the table I looked at him and smiled. Not the kind of smile you're thinking either. I made damn sure my voice was so low only he would be able to hear me.

We can do this one of two ways. The easy way and you can follow me into the kitchens or we can do this the hard way and I will cause a scene unlike anything you have ever seen you magic wielding self righteous little prick.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:23 am

Once she had started to take off her clothes he had turned away not that he did not think that she would have a nice body but because he was sure she did not mean to do what she was doing. Once she was done he turned back around and he looked at her.

As I told you before my orders are clear that I am to act as your personal guard until such a time I am not not to by Prince Shadow or that your guard returns. So I guess I have no real option but to join you now don't I?


He smiled at her and he took what he was to wear and moved toward the bathing room to get changed.

Though I think it will be interesting to see just what goes on here for it all. We really have not done anything for many years on this night.


He came out wearing what had been set for him and he just looked at her. He did not much care for dressing up as he had done.

I am sure that Nala enjoys going and getting all the goodies which of course I think would be interesting to see.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:32 am

Of course I have not seen any real scenes because unlike you the people I usually have to deal with actually know to listen to a healer. They actually know what is good for them is to go by and take care of things like the healer said. But you have to act so damn pompous that I do not think you would even pay attention if you were doing real damage to yourself. Which you were which is why I did what I had to, in order to take care of the problem. You want to throw the mother of all fits than you are going to do it no matter what the setting is. But for amusement I will follow you to the kitchen if for no other reason than to get away from the damn vulture women here.

He walked with her and before another word was said when they got into the kitchen he made sure he had Jackson contacted so that Sarabella could see and here exactly what was going on in the room then. Ok so it was playing a little dirty but he knew something had to happen. With a grin he watched her.

You know you can be angry at me all you want but you were about to do real damage to your body. And keep in mind I do have the way to contact your Princess open at this time and I have no problem telling her just how much damage you are trying to do to your body.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sarabella » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:49 am

Don't have any real option but to join me?

Sara shook her head in disbelief. How could anyone think they didn't have a choice in something as trivial as going out for Devils night? She was going to tell him that he didn't have to go with but he disappeared into the bathing room, so she would wait until he came back out. Only when he did reappear she forgot everything she was going to say. Lord if Jackson did not look good in the uniform that Kayne had left for him, still something about it wasn't right. There was no question he looked handsome and every bit the part of a guard ebbed from him but her nose still wrinkled, her head still shook.

This... hmm... wait...

She took a step back, tilted her head and observed every detail of the uniform taking it all in and still she found something was not right at all.

No... I was right the first time... stay here please... I mean it I'm not going far at all, just to the door...

She went to the door and found Nala just about to knock with Peter standing behind her. Sara smiled and pulled her niece inside.

You on the bed... go sit and not one word comes for your mouth right now do you understand me?

Nala nodded and bounced in the room waving to Jackson looking like a mini Sara with brown eyes instead of blue. Sara stepped into the hall with her brother leaving the door open so her guard could still her while she talked with him.

Peter... Kayne sent a uniform for Jackson but it's all wrong... it's just not him. I know I know, Devils night is meant for pretending to be someone other than you are but it just doesn't feel right... I need to do me a favor. I know Zuri has had Brayden here a time or two as her guest, and I know she thinks like her mother... find Kayne and ask her if I could please have...

At this point Sara leaned over and told her brother what she needed from him then sent him on his way. When she closed the door she looked at Nala then pointed to the cushioned seat in front of the vanity.

You little miss, go sit and I'll fix your hair...

She looked at Jackson and smiled again. She found that she smiled alot with him around and that was all right with her, none of them had really had any reason to smile until recently.

As for you... we have to do something about this get up... it's just will not do... just wait... and while you wait listen to me and make sure you understand me...

Sara brushed her nieces hair and started braiding it while she talked.

You do have a choice Jackson. I am as safe as I can be here in Iallia with my second family, there is no safer place for me to be really. I understand your duty to your Prince but I cannot stomach the idea of someone being forced to do something they don't want to do. Your Prince more than anyone should understand that, after all I could not stomach the thought of either of us being forced to marry the other, thank the gods again for Carter. Not that the King and Queen of Pallia would have agreed to such a union anyway, but the point is... I do not expect nor demand that anyone do anything they do not wish to and I will not start now.

Sara had just finished with Nala when there was a knock on the door. Sara answered the door and found a package on the floor waiting for her. She smiled and brought that package inside handing it to Jackson once she closed the door and crossed the room again.

Here... try this and tell me if you do not think it suits you better....

She shooed him off into the bathing room again and waited to see Jackson Shadow wearing what had been delivered to the room. Inside the wrappings of the package was the uniform of the Elite. And while she waited she was not amused at all by what she was finding out from Pallia by ways of the arcane just what her madre was up to. She would deal with Ellysia soon enough but for now there was not much she could do so she was going to bide her time until she was able to handle the situation properly.
User avatar
Sarabella
Stablehand
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:06 am

You have yet to see me truly angry healer...

This was all I said until we were in the kitchens and only then did I dare speak more simply because despite what Mathias Shadow believed I do not toss fits and he was going to be enlightened to that very real fact in a very short period of time.

I do not toss fits. I do however put people in their places and you seem to need that very thing right now.

Who the hell did this magic molester think he was? Did he really think I was angry because I didn't get my own way? No I was livid because despite his best intentions the cocky little bastard used magic on me without my permission and in turn whether he saw it this way or not in some sense had violated me by thinking to take my freedom of choice and free will away like it was nothing.

Sarabella can hear me then? Can she see me too? Good. Then both of you listen and watch and make damn sure you burn this moment into memory. Magic or not Mathias Shadow if you ever... ever... use the arcane against me again no matter the reason without my say so I don't care what war it causes you will lose your head! If you would have stressed the seriousness of my injuries rather than playing them off like all I needed was a little rest I would have done as asked but you did not divulge to me the condition my own damn body was in now did you? No you just chose to be arrogant and demanding thinking I would just fall into line some good little puppy obeying their master. Well you are not my master and I am no dog though I am sure the word bitch has come to mind a time or two when and if I've crossed your mind. You can tell my Princess any damn thing you wish and while I am sure she will not pleased with my course of action, she will no doubt be just as displeased by yours. All you had to do was tell me the entire truth... but you couldn't do that and to think I was left to have the hands of a liar to care for me.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:51 am

Gee I thought you were old enough to understand it was serious when I said I cleaned out an infection. That some of the wounds could get more serious by you not resting. That you could understand the simple phrase that was that your body needed rest. Silly me I thought you could understand the words spoken to you like they would be spoken to any adult. Let me think of it in child terms for you then. See you got a few boo boos that some of them got some ucky stuff in it, and I cleaned out the ucky stuff and put medicine in there. That medicine will do what it is supposed to if you take a nap and don't over do things. So by you going out to play you made that medicine not work so well. So I had to make you take a nap so I could take care of the boo boos that were ucky and check the rest of you. Now was that clear enough for you to understand?

He looked at her his eyes were blazing.

Let me tell you something straight out I do what I have to for my patients. Now tell me what good are you going to do Sarabella or anyone else if those infections are not taken care of it and you get sick. You do know I am sure that if infections are not taken care of that they can get bad enough where you could die, or lose a part of your body. Would be a shame too since you seem to think you are the only one that can protect Sarabella. What good are you going to do her if you get so sick you will not be able to stand or if you do die what good is that going to do her. All because you can not follow some simple steps. Because of the infections I can not heal you completely like I would be able to if they were not present. I do not want to see someone die that could have been saved, the last woman I treated would have done anything she could to stay alive to be with her family. But there was nothing that could be done for her, the sickness was too powerful.


At the last bit his voice got quieter.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:16 pm

He heard the arguement going on since neither closed the connection he came out half dressed and he looked to Sarabella.

She is pushing him too far Sarabella last thing he needs to do is revisit Mom's death. She was the last woman he treated before he was pulled in to treat Elyssia. He had kept himself busy with warriors and such the women Braxton mostly handled or another healer. He just has not been himself completely since that happened.


He looked at her then realised what he had done and tried to laugh it off.

Sorry I was not thinking let me go get the shirt and yes this is a better fit.

He grinned at her and went to get the shirt on.

I know you feel these lands are safe but my orders are clear plus might be interesting to see how things differ her than from home as far as things go. Plus you are one of the few people around here that I know and I do not mind going.

He shook his head with a grin and winked.

Plus have you heard of Prince Shadow's temperament it is bad enough I already have something to answer for when I do go back. But seriously I will go I got the feeling that Nala is going to be having a bit of fun.
User avatar
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users