Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Chase Bowers » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 am

He smiled resting his head on top of hers and his hands rubbing her belly gently.

When our baby is born we will have Pallia back and as close to back to the Pallia that we all know. I am glad that you are not going to argue because there is a lot that needs done to return the true rulers of Pallia to power and I am going to do all that I can to help them. My most important thing for me though is coming back to you. Then maybe we can return home where we have been building our life. At least unlike Hunter I have been able to see the changes and everything. And for everyone to believe that his child is Sage's must be hard on him.


He smiled turning her in his arms and kissing her. She was the woman that gave him more than he could ever imagine. He grinned at her and kissed her again.

You have given me everything a man could want. I used to feel so lost at times Avery but I never feel that way when we are together. I love you more than anything. Before I would walk lost not knowing things about myself used to bother me but not anymore. I know I had the love of two loving adoptive parents, and all. But until things with you I always felt like something was missing.


He hated having to play faithful to Alistar. As he told Alistar lies that he was able to play off. Teling him he was glad Kiara was dead because she was one of the reasons he was not raised as a Shadow,
User avatar
Chase Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Braxton Shadow » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:58 am

He appeared at what seemed to be a bit of a tense moment. He saw his father and he went to him.

I was told coordinates and all else I was told was that you needed me here Father. What is going on? Damn you were not kidding when you said Jax did not look like most of the family but I did. So you were very vague in what got sent to me care to tell me what is going on. I am sure it is for the magics that you wanted me here.

His father told him what was going on and he just nodded his head. He knew the stories of Losa and KIara Shadow. He was then pointed to where Aidan was to get more of the details and he sat looking at his cousin with some curiousity as well.

My father says that Uncle Aranor said something about me putting up protections for those going to deal with the souls I will need to know who all is going there that could be in the danger of Alistar trying to reswitch Pop was going to have me talk to your father but your father said it was better to go through you given the circumstances.


He knew that he would need to get started soon if everyone was to be protected. He also would go with them just to help out as they needed to do so.
User avatar
Braxton Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Kiara knew it was going to get a little tense and a whole lot of ugly between Aranor and the elf once Rayne was let off her leash, but it was important that Rayne know and not just speculate about what had happened with Iliana if for no other reason than Jade knew Rayne would be the one to make sure that no harm other than the damage that had already been done would come to Iliana. As crucial as it was for Losa to be returned to his own body it was just as important that nothing more happened to the girl that so many called Annie.

Angel leave Con be, he has every right to defend Rayne, just like Aranor has every right to defend himself and as for Rayne... well I knew it wasn't going to settle well with her but she needed to know and not just speculate because she'll be able to help Iliana with the aftermath.



Alistar will never find those passage ways, he can look for a thousand years and he would never find any of them at the Hall because no one who has never been in them knows where they truly begin or where they end. There was never any need for Losa to be in them... he knows of them but he's never been in them... as for the passages in Black Rose... Losa was only in them once...

Kiara stole a glance over at her husband and winked at him remembering the time that they had spent hidden away behind Black Roses walls. It was still an adjustment seeing him as he was but so long as his soul was safe she could be more at ease with the situation.

Your idea with the glamor magics is a good one Jackson but no one will need any convincing of anything once Pallia sees the whole of the Royal family standing beside her true King. Now I do think it best that we all rest up, I'm sure that some of you have some matters to discuss, and others do need sleep.

With that being said Kiara went to Losa and slipped her hand into the hand that felt foreign but at the same time right only because of the soul within the body.

This means you too Majesty.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Raynalia » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:15 pm

I shouldn't have gone after him the way I did Saint, he is her father and he is going to have to deal with his own guilt but at the same time...
The elf sighed heavily into Condriks chest.
Why didn't he know, why didn't they think? He's her father, he's supposed to protect her..
Rayne couldn't even remember her own father, her memories of her brother from when she was small were sparse and she had barely started to reconnect with Silvan when circumstances changed their course and they were lost to one other again. She didn't know what it meant to be a family until that day that fate brought a violet eyed, ebony haired little girl into the alleyway where everything changed and she was brought into a world where she was loved, protected and most of all wanted simply because she lived. That life had changed too as did all things in life, nothing every stayed the same. Time and circumstance had changed the elf in so many ways, but in so many ways she was still the same. Hurt and harrowing trials seemed to follow the elf like a dark cloud through most of her life, but she was also very away that some of those moments, she did bring on herself because it was easier to hurt herself than to let anyone else hurt her. Then the most amazing thing happened, she met Valiant Panton and once again everything changed. She became a better person, knew what it was to be a wife, mother and have a family of her own, and the darkness went away, and she was better for it. Valiants death had torn her world apart, shattering all that was good and right in her but just like before, something happened that once again changed the path she walked. Condrik Shadow happened.... again.
The elf knew he was right, there wasn't anything they could do that would undo what had been done, all they could do was be there to guide Iliana through her own dark times if she even allowed them to. Sighing again she sat down with him when he went to the bed they would share that night. When he started talking she listened like she always did and when he asked her to marry him again she couldn't say she was surprised or that it was unexpected. They had talked a little here and there about remarrying but it was never a discussion that went far until now.
Ye be right 'bout how everythin' went all sorts of wonky the first time around, but ye know what?
She moved to slide into his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. When she looked at him she saw his love for her there in his eyes, it was different than the love she saw there long ago, this time she saw clarity and certainty, there was no doubt anywhere in those eyes.
We've been given another chance, some people aren't lucky enough to be loved even once in their lifetime the way I have been... and you know me... I'm not stupid enough to let a good thing get away from me when it's right. This here, you and me... being husband and wife again... it's right this time Saint. So ye be damn right I'll marry ye again, and this time it be stayin' right.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
User avatar
Raynalia
Peasant
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Avery Panton » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 pm

So what you're telling me is that I'm the reason you've finally found some damn peace with yourself? Chase that is such bullshit.

Avery tilted her head back looking up at him like he was stupid. For years she would fight with him about what she called his moods. When he would start doubting everything about himself because of who is father was, and how he didn't think he was a good enough man she would light into him and they would fight back and forth until she got fed up enough and would eventually tell him he was a spoiled whiny brat. By the end of the day they would make up and be best friends again.

The only thing missing was your ability to realize your own worth Chase, once you saw who you really are the rest just fell into place. You weren't lost, just a little misguided and I think maybe you even brainwashed your damn self into thinking the way you did. All I did was smack some sense into you.

Her belly was pressed up against him, how could it not be, the babe she carried kicked as if agreeing with mama and she laughed shaking her head.

Gods have mercy on you Chase Bowers if you end up with a daughter that's more like me. You're going to be in real trouble then. When do you need to go back to Pallia? Does it have to be now? I know it's important and that you have to get back soon but I was hoping that maybe you could just stay with us just until I fall asleep? Not used to you not being there you know.
User avatar
Avery Panton
Stablehand
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:18 pm

I know Con has every right to defend Rayne but now is not the time for us to be fighting amongst ourselves more than what had already started. That is the only reason I stopped things like I did. I did not want things to escalate right now. You are right we all do need rest and emotions are running high. Remember it may not be my body but there are parts I know of the history. If I would have taken on my own brother for you why would it surprise me that Con would for Rayne?

Part of it was he did not want to see his brothers divided like that over any issue. He knew how important the tasks they were going to need to do were. He walked with his wife but he was not affectionate other than holding her hand as it was he knew nothing felt right. Not when he was in someone else's body. He wanted his body, truth be told he did not even want to see himself as was. The shock of finding out the lengths Iliana had to go through made him a bit uneasy too. There was not time to dwell on things at the moment as he knew she was right they all did need rest.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:33 pm

I know why you did Rayne. None of us can know exactly how you feel having to go through all that you did. I wish you had not had to go through all of that but I also know that you are a different woman now. For Aranor to bring up the past like that was wrong on so many levels. I just wanted to punch him right in the mouth. You did what you had to do to survive. Annie is the only who truly knew what Alistar was capable of. She is the only one that truly knew anything about the man but she was still willing to do whatever it took to help. I know that you feel a lot about what she did for this plan to work.

His arms stayed around her and he kissed her again.

But as you would do what you had to, to protect your family that is what she is doing. She is also doing what she has to, to protect James. Just as any of us would go to any length to protect the ones that we love.

He smiled at her and laid down keeping her wrapped up in his arms. He was smiling while looking up at her and grinning at her. He knew her answer would be the one that he wanted to hear.

Yes most people do not get another chance. Yes it is right this time we both have grown a lot and loved a lot and learned from those loves in our past. We also are not the same as we were back then. I know this time it will be staying right. But now my elf we do need to get some rest as we have a lot to get done.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Chase Bowers » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:47 pm

What I am saying love is you have had a lot to do with things changing for me and that I love you. I can stay with you, I told Alistar that I was going to be gone a few hours to check on somethings. So just come and rest with me my love.

He brought her to the bed and kissed her bringing her down with him.

I will stay until you fall asleep then hopefully I will be back before you even know that I am gone. I will come back because I have more to live for than ever before. Now come Avery you need rest and I need to hold you for a little while as well.


He knew this battle was going to eb a tought one but he was confident in what they could do also. He smiled and kissed her again laying there with her. He knew that was where he belonged and where he was at home. It did not matter if they were in Pallia or Firyon he was home when he was with her.
User avatar
Chase Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:42 pm

What's this? The Captain of Iallias Guard caught daydreaming while on post? What would their majesties say if they knew?
Iliana came from the shadows to stand behind him close to his ear in a whisper and faint rustling of robes, the scent of roses floating around her. Her mind now made up. For nearly an hour she had been watching James from the shadows contemplating whether or not if what she wanted to do was the best thing for the both of them at that time. Surely by now the rumors of Pallias King proclaiming his intent to take a new Queen had reached the ears of the Royal Nations and sworn allies to Pallia. She had been watching James from the shadows while he watched over Iallia from his station at the main gates of the city. Now and then he would tilt his head slightly watching the stars in the moonlit sky. Stargazing. The corners of her mouth turned slightly, recollections of times past rolled like lazy waves through her mind. During the times that Iliana was able to let her guard down and simply exist free of care or worry for studies, or power, when the darkness in her was more at rest. she and James would sneak out into the gardens of AutumnVale to one of the more secluded sections, where they could be completely alone. Sometimes they would strip down to their bare skin, lay upon her robes of velvet and bask in the moonlight, bring their heads close and whisper what they wanted no one else to hear. It was silly to whisper because they were so alone but they did it anyway. Sometimes they would just sit back to back while Iliana told him her secrets and he shared his own. Those nights were just like the night that James was guarding over now.
She moved around to stand in front of him and gracefully dipped down, the velvet of her robes fanning around her, curls of ebony cascading down her shoulders.
Would my lord like to have his fortune read this evening or has he suddenly become sighted to know his own future?
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Janessa » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:04 am

This bitch is crazy Janessa thought, at least that's what she had thought at first when she found the woman sneaking through Pallia at an ungodly hour when the worst of Pallias elements were coming out to play. That first thought however was quickly squashed when Janessa saw the woman, who looked more like she belonged sitting on a throne and hanging on the arm of some prince, bring out what looked like thin wire and wrapped it around the neck of some thug who thought to touch her. Janessas jaw dropped when the man was suddenly without his head and the woman used his own shirt to clean the blood from that wire. Whoever she was she sure as hell wasn't elite but she had an air of confidence and even arrogance around her. Stepping from the shadows in between Jacob Ryders house and his neighbors house she started to approach the woman when that woman heard her and saw her her hand moved so quickly Janessa barely knew what was happening until she found herself with a blade to her throat....
That set off a chain of events that Janessa still would not have believed had she not been there, been a part of it all....


Janessa came down the stone steps of the ruins with the woman behind her. The look on both their faces was serious, but for different reasons, Janessas was a little more petty, the womans was because of a life and death matter. When they reached the main floor Janessa made the inquiries as to where Prince Aidan could be found then led the woman down a hall to a another room where she didn't bother knocking. Going right in Janessa motioned the woman in.

This one here has need to see you your highness... it seems there is a Princess locked in a tower high needing to be rescued and lo and behold you're the Prince she's picked for the job....
User avatar
Janessa
Stablehand
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:34 am

I am not sure what their majesties would say. But no I have not become sighted to see my future. Though news reached us today that the King of Pallia intended to take a new bride. You can just imagine how Zuri reacted to the news. So what is going on Iliana?

He looked at her, how many nights had they been out on nights like this once his shift was over? He smiled at her trying to remain calm. He knew that there was so much he wanted from her but right now he was just glad she was there. Maybe somethings would get figured out while she was there. He could not stand the thought of her marrying someone else.

I was just thinking of how many times on nights like this we would just take off. Silly how certain things stick more than others. I am surprised to see you here though I am happy to see you at the same time.


He was confused by the reports he was receiving but he also knew that he had to believe in her. He had promised her as much before this mess had began. He pulled her up to him and kissed her.

I should be getting relieved here in a few minutes if you want to wait for me, where you can not be seen.
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:40 am

It was a matter of life and death. I know most people will say that over the most trivial of matters but in this case, the old adage could not be more true. My name is Ellysia Tigard and for nearly fifty years now I have stood as guard to the royal family of Hallia and it is not my life that is at risk, not really. Princess Sarabella Villisca, is the half sister of Jason the current ruling King of Hallia, and she has been sentenced to death for conspiring to assassinate Hallias king. It is for Sara that I made the voyage from Hallia to Pallia. You see Sara is like my own child. I watched over her, raised her after Saras mother died in childbirth, Saras father had taken her and claimed her as his, giving her his royal name and the title of Princess even though she was a bastard child. She has never been a bastard in my eyes. I had to learn for myself if the information we had been given from our contact was true. A contact that I am not yet ready to name. There were rumors starting to spread that Pallias Royal Family, including the Queen still lived. We were all shocked when we learned that the Queen had been murdered and that war had come to Pallia claiming the lives of the remaining Connor-Shadow bloodline, only Jason had seemed so unaffected by the news and that is what set Sarabella into motion. You see not only were Hallia and Pallia allies but for years Jason had tried to convince the King and Queen of Pallia that a marriage between our two Kingdoms would strengthen their pact and unite them further. Only Sara was just as stubborn as the then Crown Prince Aidan and had no intentions of being forced into any such marriage nor would she force the Prince into any such contract. It was Aidan that I now sought hoping against hope that our contacts were correct and while I am well aware that you wish for more details in just how we gained this information, right now I would rather just get to the heart of what has brought me to where I am now. So if you don't mind I am going to skip ahead to the part where I was brought to the city of Astrail and taken before the Prince...

When I entered the room I saw him, alive and well, the red hair, green eyes, the scowl, oh yes the Prince was alive all right and he was glaring at the woman who had brought me before him. I didn't have time to worry or get involved in petty matters, yes I know to some my being brought before the Prince when none should know he was alive would not be considered petty, but you see I am not just anyone. I told you before my name was Ellysia Tigard... what I didn't tell you is that Richard Carson is my great grandfather... and yes that means I am Siryan. Of course being born and bred to protect royals meant I knew the proper steps to take, protocol demanded nothing less of me so I went down on one knee before the Prince showing him the respect that was demanded from me. The hood from the dark green cloak I wore covered me keeping my identity hidden until I was ready to reveal myself.

My apologies your highness, I am sure the presence of a stranger here is a great surprise to you... but we are not truly strangers...

This is the time I chose to take the hood from my head and I lifted my eyes to meet with his.

We know the truth and all that Jason has done... and now Sarabella will die if he is not stopped... we were going to kill him ourselves but we were betrayed and he pulled her into a trap... she's locked in the palace and is to be executed in two days time. I have come to you not just to ask for your help in saving her life but to offer any assistance that I can in returning your parents and your lands to their former glory....
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 am

How convenient that the Princess once thought to be pushed on me now needs the help of a believed to be dead Prince. Now what I want to know is how you found out I was alive. There is more than just one life on the line right now.

He watched as a figure had moved in the shadows and now had a blade to her throat. His cousin had been watching over things since he was going to have to head back for guard duty soon. Aidan was not surprised that Jax had come in or that he now had a blade to the stranger's throat.

Might want to start speaking now.


His eyes showed he was not amused at all. He also knew better than to think this was all on the level. But he would have it looked into as he would need to know fore sure before risking anyone's life. He knew he was going to have to make a few contacts to see if this was all on the level. Plus he did not have time for this to be added in as they had other things to deal with.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:18 am

Duty first my lord, always. I know this and I will wait for you in the gardens where I know I will not be seen by any eyes other than your own... and there I will tell you all you need to know and all you want to know, just be sure just what it is you really want to know before you ask anything of me James because I promise you there are answers you are not going to truly want to hear.
Once again duty and what was right, what needed to be done came before what was wanted. Iliana wanted the hell she lived in day after day to be over so that she could truly come home to Iallia, but once Kiara and Losa were returned to their rightful stations as king and queen and Pallia was restored would she be strong enough to carry out the rest of her days without letting her actions keep her from the life she so desperately wanted? These were the thoughts that filled her mind when she reentered the shadows and emerged seconds later in the very same gardens she had been thinking of earlier. Sitting down on the stone bench placed near the fountain of elven design she waited for James. That wait was no more than thirty minutes but it felt eternal. There was so much anger and self hatred that was starting to grow inside of her that she was frightened she might act out on those powerful emotions and hurt the wrong people. Taking deep breaths she willed herself into calmness and felt herself settle even more when she felt James sit down beside her. Keeping her eyes to the stars her hand went into his, that simple action made her feel safe, like nothing could touch her, it was there she wanted to stay.
The rumors you have heard are only partially true. You see the King does indeed intend on taking a new bride... but I will die before I would be Queen...
There was so much more that she wanted to tell him but she knew it was so important that no one know Kiara and the royal children still lived.
James... do we have to do this right now? Alistar believes that I am here to oversee his armies advancement into Iallia, of course you know I would not allow this to happen, war will not touch these lands if I can stop it. For now can we please just go to our room, we can talk if you'd like and I know you do want answers, you have every right to get those answers but I've missed you, I've missed our bed, I've missed my home. I just want to forget everything for now, except for what... who is right here.
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:42 am

He did want answers damn it, there was so much he was hearing he needed to know the truth. His hand took hers and he listened to her. He looked at her and leaned to kiss her.

I have missed you too Iliana and you will have to head to the shadows to our room so that no one will see you. I will meet you there. They will think it strange if I never pass through to give report on the night. I promise I will not be long at all.


He kissed her and then he walked through to the way he would always take back to his room. He gave the report needed quickly and then he headed for their room. As soon as he was inside he locked the door and pulled her into his arms kissing her deeply and holding her close.

You are home now, and soon you will be home to stay I would hope.
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 am

I do not have the time nor the patience for dramatics Aidan Connor Shadow. Are you deaf? Have you heard nothing I have said? Sara is to die because once she learned of her brothers treachery, of his part in the kidnappings of your family members, when she learned his secrets she made a stand against her brother to right his wrongs and now she will die for it. My princess did not ask me to come to you, I made this decision of my own free will because if was so willing to kill her own brother, to put her own life at risk for the sake of your great family I thought you should know and maybe...

I was furious but I did not let that fury rule my actions, I was not trained to act on pure emotion. Those chosen as royal guardians live by a set of laws much like that of Elite, the same in many ways but in many ways we are as different as night and day. Needless to say I was not pleased to have my character questioned nor was I amused in anyway that the young Prince was being so flippant about my Princesses life. I don't know who the man was that had his blade to my throat but like I said before, my life meant very little to that of my Princess and the more time went by the closer she was coming to death. I knew I could be killed for the actions I was about to make but it was a risk I was willing to take. Throwing my head back as hard as I could my hard skull connected with the face of the man behind me. I will admit he did manage to slice my skin before I had his wrist in my hand and forced the blade from his hold. Right away I was grabbed by both arms and held in place, something I wasn't expecting to be honest, I really was expecting to have a blade driven through my heart.

Maybe I should have just gone to Queen Corinthyalas with this problem but then Jason would know that Firyon was aware of his plans and whose to say that he would not bring war to Firyons peaceful lands. You asked how I knew you were alive... there is a mark on the inside of my wrist. One I know you will recognize... it is the mark of the house of Ethrorrians Guard... I was born with this mark a chosen Siryan guard to the royal family and until the murder of King Justhylorian... whom you would know as Justin Hartley... I served that house. After his murder I was sent by my grandfather... grandchild of Richard Carson to guard the Royal House of Villisca. You wish to know how I knew you lived? Princess Sarabella and I have been working with Firyon since learning of Jasons betrayal... I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out the rest... then again maybe you are not. Don't worry your highness no others of Hallia save the Princess and I know the secrets that have been harbored.
User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Emalina Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:07 am

Emalina knew it was getting worse, what it was though, she was so uncertain that she was scared to do anything more than what had already been done. Normally she was confident in her abilities, healing magics, the white arts were as natural to her and the dark arts were to Iliana, but not even her skills with the white arts seemed to be doing any good. Little by little the changes in Zhulin, King of Iallia were becoming noticeable, and little by little he was seen less during the day when the sun was high in the sky, he seemed to weaken by day but at night... at night he was more like himself. This worried Emalina for various reasons, for all her knowledge she was not as schooled as her father and the idea that he could be turning into a dark child had never crossed her mind because like those born after the time of Lucas Ravewing, she had not born witness to an actual turning. It was her frustration that caused her to nearly set the draperies of the room she shared with Zane afire. Noticing how they started to smolder and smoke she stopped them from lighting up completely but she was still ranting as she paced the floors.

I don't understand this one damn bit. I keep going over everything I know... every tome... and still haven't found any answers. At first I thought it could be a defect... one brought on later in life... it has been known to happen and there are cases where people have become allergic so to speak to the rays of the sun... and there is no cure for such a defect but even in darkened rooms he sleeps when the sun is out. I can't go to my father... I can't go to my sister... I have to hide in the shadows so I am not seen whenever I want to do anything... it didn't bother me before Zane but now not being able to move freely... it's maddening.

It wasn't just Zhulin that troubled Emalina. The news had reached Iallia that the king of Pallia would take a new Queen and Emalina had thrown up all over where she stood when she realized who that Queen would be. Her concern for her sister reached heights no one could possibly understand. Had Ema known that Iliana was but a few doors down from her, she would have gone to her and forced her to leave, to go somewhere anywhere that Alistar could not reach her.

I'm sorry love, I know you are just as concerned, I don't mean to rant so, I just don't know what else to do.
User avatar
Emalina Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 am

I will contact my cousin and see about what you say. Given the circumstances I am sure you can understand that. Though I would watch attacking members of the Elite some would already have you dead for doing something as you did. I am sure you udnerstand the need to make sure that we are not being set up.

He was not amused at the woman or her intrusion. He nodded to Jax to let her go and looked to Janessa.

Since you saw it fit to bring her here, you can keep an eye on her.


Even if her story was going to check out he did not like the idea that anyone out of their inner circle was told they were alive. there was a reason for it and it was not for him to go chasing after some Princess.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:37 am

Home to stay?
Iliana asked the question that was not really a question at all with a raised brow at the same time her hands went to the hem of his shirt pulling it over his head.
Where else would I go James? Do you think when all is said and done that I would go anywhere else but here? Iallia has always been my home, and from the time we were but younglings, I knew it would be my home with you.
She brought him down close to her and kissed him with a hotness that reflected her need to have all of him, to feel him all around her. What he didn't know, what he might never understand was that night he was her salvation. If she had not gone to him that night, the dark thoughts that were starting to worm their way into her mind like maggots crawling through the rotted flesh of a corpse would have taken over and she would have given in to the impulse to end her own life. That night the hours passed slowly, hours that cleansed her body and her soul with every touch from James, every kiss, every whispered word confessing his love for her and when they finally had their fill of one another they drifted off to sleep their arms wrapped around each other, their fingers entwined.

Iliana woke sometime during the night to sounds of yelling. In her sleepy state she reached for James and was jerked awake forcefully when she found the space beside her empty. Her body shook in reaction to his absence, her mind was reeling. It couldn't be. With shaky hands she reached for the black silk robe that James always kept waiting for her, she could barely tie the silk belt that wrapped around her waist holding the robe in place. Her feet slid into black velvet slippers and she crossed the room to the doors that would open up to whatever was happening on the outside. It was just a test, one that I passed and will not have to suffer through again. Iliana told herself that nothing was truly wrong, that her premonition couldn't be coming true... that what she had seen had just been an aftershock of sorts, brought on by her reconnecting with James, but when she slipped out through that door and stepped out into the hallway her worst fears had become reality. There was her Aunt with her back to the King of Iallia, Kiaras Deathstalkers were everywhere and she heard her Aunt shout the order that now was the time for Dominic to bring Lindsey. She watched as guards of Iallia circled around her Aunt and their King and then she heard him. She heard James and saw what he was about to do. Her heart exploded at the same time lightning burst forth from her palm. Iliana remembered nothing after that only the sound of the scream that erupted from her throat echoed as she watched James Kensington fall....
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 am

It all happened so fast that Kiara didn't have time to explain to anyone, least of all Losa what was happening. Dominic had come to Kiara telling her that Lindsey had been found and that he was able to learn just how Alistar was going to attack Iallia. Turn the king and send in his armies after wards to destroy whatever traces were left of the royals. As soon as Kiara heard this she left her king sleeping in the bed housed in the ruins and called for the Conclave to convene. This was a matter that Kiara herself had to take care of and no one else needed to be involved. For some reason Kiara wanted Condrik with her, to take her himself through the shadows, Noble would see to Dominic. The scene that greeted Kiara when she arrived in Iallia would have stopped her heart if she had one. Zhulin was trying to keep himself from feeding from his Queen and as soon as Jade saw this she had the man by the neck and was pulling him into the hall where the Deathstalkers were waiting. Dominic was ordered to bring Lindsey, she was the one who started the turning it would be from her blood it would stop. What was happening rang familiar to Kiara and she couldn't shake the feeling that she had been in this situation before... and then she remembered. Wild eyed she looked around while she pressed Zhulin against the wall with the flat of her back, James had a handful of his men with their bows aimed at Kiaras Deathstalkers and James himself had her in his sights. Kiara was not the only one who remembered. She saw Iliana and the brilliant flash of light then heard the most heartbreaking sound... the scream of someone who was torn into pieces come from Iliana. Kayne came flying down the hall ordering James men to back off at the same time she was lunging for Lindsey. Chaos surrounded them all but when it was all over, Zhulin had been saved from Dark World, Dominic took his revenge for what happened to Kira which left Lindsey nothing more than ash, Condrik had taken Iliana back to Astrail and Kiara waited for news on whether James Kensington had lived or died by the hand of the woman who loved him.


When she returned to Astrail she made her way through the ruins and found where Iliana had been taken. Her niece was sleeping, made so by her father because Iliana had become hysterical, on the verge of being mad over all that had taken place. Kneeling down next to Iliana Kiara smoothed away ebony curls and chuckled a little.

Now might not be the time for jokes Aranor but are you sure this one here is Paytens? She is so much like Oriana in so many ways... so much like you...

Kiara leaned close to Ilianas ear hoping that even in her sleep her niece would hear her.

He lives Annie. James is alive and from what Kayne says he's worried sick about you. You'll be with him again soon...

Having nothing more to say Kiara left Aranor with his youngest daughter and returned to her king.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:23 am

Cori was pacing and scowling when she looked into the pool at her cousin. She had listened to him go on for a while about how pissed he was and she could understand that to a point but dammit now it was his turn to understand hers.


Don't you dare take that tone with me Aidan Connor Shadow! I realize that you aren't happy with Ellysia and Sarabella knowing but they've known almost from day one. We had no idea what was going to happen once
Sara got the idea in her head to kill her brother, something she said needed to be done for all of us and she needed her own allies that she could turn to... allies that no one would even think twice about.... allies that would never be known or found because those allies were thought dead to the world. Firyon certainly couldn't take a front line role in what was going to happen that would have shattered the entire lie of your deaths. Stop being so damn stubborn and think like you were raised to. I tried telling you before that you had more allies than you knew supporting you. If you must know I sent Ellysia to you okay? Don't be an ass about Sarabella either she didn't want to marry you any more than you wanted to marry her so get over it all right. Now that I see how you expect everyone to jump for your fiery ass yet you cannot do a damn thing to help someone who is going to die for trying to right wrongs done to you and yours... to ours... I'll just let Payne do what he's been wanting to from the start. And I know if Paynes actions start a war not to call on you for any help your highness.


Cori loved Aidan as much as she loved her brothers but sometimes the man was just stupid as hell and that called for her to treat him like she would have her brothers. She knew it was going to cause a fight between them but she could not in good conscious turn her back on Sara no matter how unimportant Aidan thought she was.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Ellysia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:57 am

Needless to say my first real encounter with the prince of Pallia was not a pleasant one. It was almost laughable how he warned me.. me.. that I might watch who I attacked yet was I not the one who came to him peacefully and knelt before him showing him the respect that one of his station deserves? Deserves... what a word. In my opinion the man had done nothing to show me he deserved even an ounce of respect, he was the prince of great lands simply because he lucked out in the gene pool and was born to parents whose legacy did deserve to be respected. I had already tired of the pup at this point and saw no need to remain among him or his people any longer. Pulling the hood back over my head I smirked walking by the man whose face had met with my skull.

You might want to enlighten your prince to whom drew upon whom first... I wonder what his people, or what anyone would think for that matter if they became aware of how he allows a woman still on her knees at his feet to have a blade put to her throat.

The woman whose name I only knew as Beth moved to say something to me and I raised a hand to her to ask for silence. I was truly sickened by the display I witnessed and found the tellings of the Shadows and the Elite to be sorely lacking.

I do not need anyone to "keep an eye on me", I did what I came to do and said all that I needed to say. Now I will go to the inn that is not too far off from here, rest for a short while and return to Firyon to plan a new course of action as I have been sorely misled that an alliance between myself, the people who are loyal to Princess Sarabella and the Elite would be beneficial to us all. Good day.

So I started up the stone steps after reaching the main room and on my way up all I could think was how much time I wasted by seeking out the Shadows, and how little time Sarabella had left.

User avatar
Ellysia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 am

Jax this is what I want you to do. I want you to go back to Pallia as you said you need to be on guard duty soon. I want you to find Chase. Give Chase this, he will know what to do.

He turned his attention to his cousin.

You should have known better than to put our family more at risk. We do not know these people other than Sarabella is Jason's sister. What would have happened Cori if your little telling to them had got out, and had been the death of one of us. Now I do need to speak to Payne as we have said all that we need to.

He waited for the King of Firyon to come to the pool as he knew he would. He grinned some at Payne.

Here it is Payne. We are going to have most of our armies busy as hell, James has been contacted and of course he is doing what is asked of him at the moment. He is rallying the Royal Nations. Hallia's King must fall. I will be sending several of our people there but due to other plans we can not send as much as I would like. I am going to send a couple of people that are unknown to help as soon as Pallia's problem is handled. I was told we have two days to move on this.


He laid out the plan for Payne so he would know where Firyon would come into it.

Certain mages will be too worn out. But there are a few people I can send, that little contingent will be the ones responsible for getting to Princess Sarabella and bringing her to safety. I want long range fighting to lessen the risk of people from Firyon or anywhere else losing their lives. Jason's treachery and the fact that he attacked this family was not going to be over looked. I am going to send Elder with the ones coming, once the prisoner is secured then I do not care what happens to Hallia and her King.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:59 am

You damn well better care what happens to Hallia Aidan! That realm will still remain part of the Royal Nations and given who Richard is not only to Ellysia but to Payten... you might not know these people but Payten does... and so do I... what don't give me that look! Pallias royal family has their secrets... and so do I. Hell I don't know every damn thing that happens in Pallia so why the hell would you know every damn thing that happens in Firyon...

Cori was behind Payne peeking over his shoulder listening to Aidan and she went off on another of her rants, how could her cousin be so damn mean sometimes? She had a hell of alot she wanted to say to Aidan but when Payne turned around for just a split second and shot her the look, her mouth closed. At least she could take some comfort and a hell of alot of satisfaction in knowing that her Poppy was going to be going to Hallia. Jason wasn't going to stand a chance and Cori thought of throwing a party once they were brought the news that the wretched king was dead. She listened to what Aidan had planned and her eyes rolled to the ceiling, not only was Aidan mean sometimes he could be right stupid too.

For fucks sake Aid! I just need a little help getting Sarabella free you don't need to send an entire damn army! Hallia still believes that they are in the good graces of the Royal Nations and the Elven Nations... or rather dumbass Jason believes this to be true but we all know the truth so his death is expected and accepted as well. Richard has already said he will go to Hallia with Ellysia, so just send Chase, Poppy and...

There was the look again only this time that look was a hundred times harder than normal. Her bottom lip found its way between her teeth and she backed away from the pool, keeping her mouth shut she went and sat in a chair waiting because at that moment it was all she could do.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Chase Bowers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:53 am

He made sure that Avery was fully asleep before he left her. He knew that he needed to get back he got the note from Jax in passing so slight no one could see what passed between the cousins. He had not known they were cousins till the note. He knew the game that was being played was a dangerous one and he went and knelt before the King.

My lord I had gone to Firyon as to make sure our alliance with them stayed strong. They are most pleased that you have chosen one of their Princess to take as your Bride as that will only strengthen the bond between the two kingdoms. King Ethorrian has some news. King Jason of Hallia has been looking for allies to betray the alliance that you have. If I may be so bold my King, we could send a little party to see what is going on. I can secure the help from our allies that is needed. Jax could go with them as he is one of your trusted guards and could help to lead things there. If we send in a small party with those of the other Kingdoms we should be able to take them. Jason tipped off Ialia to your plans to over take them, Iliana is lost as are all the ones that were to go in with her. It seems Jason wants control over Ialia, Pallia and Hallia. One kingdom was not enough for him.


He got the answer he expected from the King that he was to get in touch with their allies and to get Jason taken care of. He was to pick the small group himself. He did including Jax in the mix along with others that had returned to the lands that the King had not yet known about. Elder was sent with him, for Elder from the time Jason touched Carter. Elder was not one to be messed with the others would not know he was with them until it was too later for them and Jason. Jax knew his mission was to find and retrieve Princess Sarabella before anyone knew what was going on. Once Elyssia was back in Firyon she would know that everything was already in motion. Jax had the specific orders to go and rescue Sarabella as Aidan and the others would be dealing with Pallia. After the group was out on their way he went back to his King.

The group from here was sent out as requested my Lord. Our allies will meet up with them and will help to take down Jason. It will be known in front of his people that he was the one that brought war to the lands by taking the Queen of Firyon, and the Prince and Princess of Pallia. Not to speak of the dead my lord. I know how you miss your family.
User avatar
Chase Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users