by Avery Panton » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 pm
You aren't asking me to do anything, I'm telling you what I am going to do and I know what it means. All of this... everything you are willing to do, it's a role and I know this. It's no different than Ardis taking on Darrens personality or my mother taking on the role of bar wench, whore or whatever else she's needed to do for our family. You are worried I will be targeted because of who I am? I can understand that worry entirely which is why you are just going to have to get used to seeing me in another light... in a role of my own and you will adjust to it Chase because I am not leaving you.
She started walking from the kitchen towards their room, since they had come back from Firyon she had moved into the Bowers house where she and Chase had started building their life, much of the house had remained the same but slowly their own personal touches were creeping in to meld with the memories that had been made in that house by GraceAnne, Bryce and the children they took for their own. She knew Chase was not going to be too pleased with what she was doing but when she thought about it, it was the safest way for her to remain in Pallia and close to him. When she reached their room she stopped him from going inside with her.
Not another step... I'm certain you don't want to see this...
Avery closed the door and after some ten minutes passed the door opened again, the face that greeted Chase was not the face he was used to seeing every morning in Firyon and since they came home, nor was it the face she had greeted him with at the ball shortly after her incident with the King of Uldermine, no this face was new and a thin perfectly arched brow raised at his reaction. The changes Avery made with the glamor magics she had been using to her advantage whenever she accompanied Astrid on a negotiation during her time in Firyon had left her looking human hiding all traces of her elven blood. Not even her own mother would know her if she saw her, unless she looked at her eyes. There were no points to her hears, her skin was a light peachy tone, her hair was still dark and curly, her eyes still the strange blue, she kept similarities of her elven self so that when Chase looked at her he would still see hints of the Avery he knew but the change was enough so that others would not know her.
Look at it this way... by day I can move around freely and by night when we lay our heads down to sleep, I can lose the disguise... like it or not this is the way it's going to be Chase. You said there were things you could not ask of me because it would keep me from my family.... you idiot you are my family.