Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 pm

James smiled watching her as she moved he could not help it. He had to admire how she moved and he grinned and kissed her laying with her in his arms. They both knew it might be time before they could be like this again so he was not surprised of her doing what she did. He knew that this would be the last time he could touch her like that for a long time. He knew it could be the last time they were together. He knew it would not go over well if he spoke those words. He knew he had to take it easier than he would have liked because he was still recovering. He smiled at her when she went to leave and kissed her one more time.

I love you Iliana Shadow and hopefully all this stuff will be done soon so that we can be together again.

He watched as she got ready to leave and reached his hand out to her. He did not want to let her go that much was clear but they both knew it had to be.
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Alistar Runtsor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:04 pm

I know Stryder has always done what he needs to for his family that is why he is one of my most trusted. Even when people think that it is a bad idea to send him out somewhere I still send him because I know he will get the job done. Without a doubt I am sure he would rather be home but to be honest Cyranda more is going on and I think more trouble is to come. That is why the jobs Stryder has been sent out on are so important. I trust my cousin more than I do most. I also knew I had to keep him busy to keep him a bit under contol once Cori and the others went missing. I know that your time in Truth was an unpleasant experience from what has been said. I was actually shocked when we were able to go in there so easily. You would think someone that fancied himself a great mage would be harder to kill. Then again from what I hear he actually had a thing for you, which could always be seen as a weakness.

He wanted to bait her some into things and see if he could put some doubt into her mind. There were times he was not sure about a lot of things but he knew if he could plant the seeds of doubt that would help him some too. He smiled thinking about it all. His plan had been great and he knew that she had no idea about things otherwise she would not be walking with him now.

Going through what I did in Truth and after made me realize that sometimes running is not the answer. Had we taken things a little slower we might have saved more lives. But I am glad you were saved and made it home. Saydie’s death hit Stryder hard I know that is why else I have felt with everything going on it was safer for everyone to keep him busy. How are you doing with everything, you seem to be well adjusted to being home. I know how difficult it can be to come home after hard trials.
User avatar
Alistar Runtsor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jonathan Connor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 am

I know you pick a hell of a time to get hurt just before all the fun is going to start. Seriously though the best thing is for you to be some place safe when the shit starts. Just think that will also keep Errol safe and you will not have to worry about him so much. And don't worry I will take some out for you. That you can be sure of

He sat and listened to her, he was still a bit aggravated that he could not protect her. That he had been unable to protect her. He listened to all that she told him and he would go to Aidan with that. He knew that he had to do what he could to help bring them down. Before he left he did kiss his sister's cheek.

About that blood sucking bitch as you put it, sister or not does not matter. Dominic is on the war path. He knows what she did and well let's just say I do not know which I would rather put up with angry him or elder. I will let Aidan know what you told me to though and see what they can do with it.


He was not used to going into things without his sister. In fact they worked the best together just because they knew each other so well. They could react knowing what the other was going to do without anything being said between them.
User avatar
Jonathan Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sophie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:23 am

Sophie didn't say anything at first, not because she didn't have anything to say, it was because she was memorizing that moment, burning every detail to memory so when, if they ever had children and those children asked her as all children do at some point how their father asked her to marry him, she could tell them everything about that moment right down to how Valiant looked like a nervous boy calling on a girl for the first time. Her hands went to each side of his face, and she nodded.

You know what this means don't you? You don't have any choice but to come home safe, I'll not be burying you before I get the chance to marry you. You should already know what my answer is but just for the sake of propriety, yes Vali I will marry you.

Sophie moved further into his arms resting her head against his chest, hearing his heart beat, feeling his breathing start to slow and she smiled a little to herself. How could he be so confident when it came to some aspects of himself but he was still so what was the word she was looking for... unsure... of himself when he was dealing with her? She knew the answer to that and it only made her love him even more. Valiant was a puzzle to some that was well known, so many gave up trying to figure him out long ago but for Sophie, knowing him, understanding him was as easy as breathing. As much as she was not ready to move, to let him go she pulled away from him. It was better if he set out at night when he stood less of a chance of being spotted, none of them were sure what spying eyes were near and it was clear to them all that they had to behave in a certain way to avoid casting doubt or suspicion on themselves. Some in the palace knew more than what they were letting on and Sophie understood that not everyone was going to be included in every detail, the few who knew what was really happening the less chance there was of any leaks. All she knew was she had been told that when Chase Bowers came for her, she was to go with the man without question. Now in the final moments with Valiant Sophie almost changed her mind and begged for him to let her stay with him, but instead she leaned up and kissed him as if it were their last kiss.
User avatar
Sophie
Stablehand
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 am

He had more than one plan set into place with Kiara. He had to go to Payten and he looked at his wife. There was a lot he needed to tell her but there was somethings he could tell her but there were things he could not risk. He held her and leaned his head against her. He took her to where he could talk to her in private.

There may be some situations that may arise, that will make some question about me. Just believe in me Payten like you always have. I am not sure just how far I will have to go to protect our family. I am going to do whatever I have to for our family, to protect our family and what will be needed.

He looked at her and touched her face. His eyes met hers and his hands went to hers. He looked at his wife and hoped she would understand that no matter what he had to do what was for the good of the family. He took a breath and his mind raced. He knew he had to find his brother, Losa's soul was what needed to be found to deal with Alistar. He was heading to Truth to do it. He sighed and looked at Payten.

Everything will be explained in time, what time I am not sure but just believe in your family. We are only doing what is necessary. Do not try and protect me Payten, just know that all is not going to be as it seems if it comes down to the worst case scenario I have planned.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Genna Ryder » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 am

You want me to make peace with my Uncle Stryder then you have to do something for me first.

Genna had made her mind up the night before. After Aidan had called the trusted few together and explained the bulk of what was happening to them the idea started growing, when he told them what he needed from them and how they, the whole of the core of the Elite were being separated and the reasons why... that idea blew up and Genna was not going to let herself get thrown into the middle of a long war without making at least one set of plans for the future a reality in the present.

I don't have any issues with settling this rift between my Uncle and I, you know I love him as much as I love my own father, but there is something I love even more and you know thats you. Xavier you are a part of such a gods damn dangerous game, no one who wasn't Elite has ever been this involved, allowed to be this close... and for damn good reasons too but I have faith in you and I know you will do everything you can to come back to me. But you are going to come back to me as my husband... you heard me. We don't have much time so I need an answer from you kind of like right now. Are you going to marry me or not?
User avatar
Genna Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Xavier Williams » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:33 am

You know that is what I want more than anything Genna. I also know our time is limited. I know how dangerous of a game this is. I am not going to let anything keep you and I from being together again. You should know that.

He smiled at her and put his arms around her and kissed her deeply. He grinned at her.

I think the only reason I am being used is because I am what I am. They are just hoping I give all the enemies fleas I am sure that is the reason why I am being used like I am.


He was trying to make a little light of the situation. He knew that it was a serious matter though and he knew if they were losing the war what was to be done. He smiled at her touching her face. At least he would know she would always be waiting for him. With a grin he waited to see jsut what she had in mind.
User avatar
Xavier Williams
Stablehand
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 am

Night fell in Astrail and the figure walked with hurried steps trying to seem as natural as possible to those she passed in the streets. The last time Kiara was in the city was when she and the core of Orianas family had gathered to pay homage to the Archmage. She remembered watching her family and how their silent tears said more than words ever could. She remembered thinking that Valiant Panton was a true man of honor worthy of the respect of the gods for how he stepped back and without reservation had allowed Raynalia to be there for Gabriel all the while doing everything he could to ease his wifes own grief. None knew just how deep Orianas loss had affected Kiara and Rayne, none but Kain and Orianas champion had been untouchable, unreachable his grief and loss so profound it broke Kiaras heart. Now she was back and the memories were washing over her in great waves. Long before there was Losa, long before she became Mistress of the Elite there was her home away from home, her other family, there was Astrail and the Shadowbains. Now only one of them walked in the world and when the last of the line was gone... the world would indeed become just a little darker. Reaching the Hall of Heroes Kiara pulled the black cloak she wore around her just a little tighter. She looked through the window of the inn that so many had laid their heads down in, where so much had taken place, where Oriana and Gabriel grew up happy, loved and surrounded by laughter inspite of the dark times that had touched their lives in so many ways. Her green eyes moved upward to the second floor where she saw a candle flickering in the middle window, she knew that room too well and thought back again to a time when the world seemed to be coming to an end, only to find out that what was happening had been Orianas test. She was so wrapped up in that memory she didn't hear the door to the inn open and the deep voice cut through her memories.

By the gods... it is true...

Kiaras eyes flickered to the man standing in the door frame.

You think Ardis would lie to you Shadowbain? She came to you as I requested... she prepared you for my visit did she not?

Gabriel stepped outside long enough to take hold of her arm and pulled her inside then wrapped her in a hug that were she still human might have broken some bones. He might have aged but he was still strong, though he seemed to loose some of his bulk he was still an impressive figure. When she saw him in the light of the inn she thought about Losa and what he would think of her going to Gabriel knowing that she had once taken one who could have passed for his twin to her bed, but then she pushed that thought aside, it was because of Losa and her family that she was in Astrail now.

Hold on Jade...

Gabriel dimmed the lights of the inn then led her to the chairs in front of the hearth, how many nights had they sat in the very spot they were now at with Oriana, Rayne curled up in Gabriels lap, Mama Mara and Griffon sitting side by side with their hands in each others, and Kristian on the floor with Kiara who used his stomach as a pillow?

Ardis was here, and she did warn me you would be coming... she told me what she knew as far as what is happening in Pallia... Jade you know you don't need to ask... Astrail is yours, there are safe houses for your family to stay in, blending them in with the rest of the townfolk will not be an issue, and Jade there is something else you should know... the tunnels... I've reopened them... there is one particular set that leads straight to the old ruins... that should be suitable for your coven.

A red brow raised and Kiara looked at Gabriel, she was impressed with how quickly he had acted, but then when she really thought about it she shouldn't have been surprised, Gabriel always was a man of action and whenever he was needed he always came through. She nodded and stood up, pulling the hood of the cloak back over her head.

I know I do not have the right to ask this of you considering all that you have lost, all that was sacrificed with your parents for my family Gabriel, but my way of life, everything that is good in me, my entire existence is at risk... this is my family Gabriel and in some ways your family too if for no other reason than we share a sister...

Gabriel stood up then and put a hand up.

We have always been family Jade, just because my mother and father are gone, just because... just because Oriana is gone, does not mean that bond is broken. We will do whatever we can.

Kiara leaned over and kissed his cheek.

Thank you Gabriel. The first of the group being sent to you should start arriving within the week. Ardis will bring them to you one by one through the shadows and at night so that they go unseen... you need not worry about when my coven arrives... when you see me next you will know that we are here. I'll see you soon Shadowbain.

Without anything more to say Kiara left the inn and ran through the night until she reached the part of the world where the sun would be in the sky, and from there Aidan met her to bring her back to Black Rose. Once she was alone with her son she filled him in on her conversation with Gabriel and listened to everything he had accomplished so far. When he was done telling her all she needed to know she reached across the round table and took his hand.

I am so proud of you and Bennett both Aidan. I know you were both pushed into these roles sooner than expected but it was necessary, I know how difficult it must be knowing the truth about Alistar and not knowing what has become of your father, and what happened to Kira has not helped any, but you and your brother both have proven that when it comes time for your father and I to truly step down, our life, our legacy will indeed live on and will be in the best hands possible. Now what I am going to say to you next might not make sense to you but then again you have lived this lifestyle the whole of your life so maybe it will go without saying... you have to call the whole of the family together again... tonight... for one last night we all need to be together, call a free for all Aidan just for tonight so that we can all say our goodbyes and remember just what it is we are fighting for. We need to let Pallia see us as united one last time. Come morning everything changes...
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:18 am

I am not going to Astrail Mom. We need to be spread out some but this news about Pop well it has rather devastated Benny. As we knew it would in someways. Benny needs to be with you now. I know that what some are being asked to give are greater than others. I am going to stay in Firyon with Cori and Payne. I can do what I need to from there. I can also go to Astrail when need be. I know where everyone is going to be if indeed I am right. I know that all will not be lost as long as we survive. I know that as long as there is hope of finding him that we will be able to do something. Aranor returned from Truth and had no luck. He did indeed check the study the best that he could the body was not there. He is still sure that Alistar's body is where Pop's soul is. You know that he is going to find his way back. I wish there was someway to let him know that the appearances are not going to be what they seem. But that would be too risky to leave anything to chance.

He sat there pouring over things. He had been a Mama's boy since he was little, just as Bennett had been a Daddy's boy. But the truth of the matter was Bennett was the crown prince, he was the one that had to be sure that survived. He knew that he would be safe enough in Firyon. Astrail was some place that no one would look for the others. He had set out where different people would go. Those that were not a part of the Elite even if family should be safe enough.

There are many things I have laid out. I also know that certain ones will have to stay here. Those that are being asked to stay should be safe enough. Is there anything that I have over looked in the plans. They will not know we are alive so where we are should be safe. I will keep looking for him. The family will be together tonight. I have already given Errol instruction to move Kira, she does not need anything more happening. Errol will come back to help to move people if necessary.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:29 am

Iliana looked back at James one last time before she entered the darkness of the shadows, already her mind had come up with an alternative to Alistars plan, one that would draw him closer to the front of Pallias hierarchy and help secure his position as King, it would also create such havoc that many of her family would be able to slip away unnoticed where if she managed to play her cards right, they would be thought of as dead. Iliana knew that Alistars allies were gaining more ground inching closer to Pallia and Iallia with each hour that passed and it was so important that she lay this plan at his feet before then. He wanted Kiaras head, she would give him Kiaras head only it would not happen in Truth if everything went the way she hoped. First she had to find her father. When Iliana reached the Hall, Alistar was nowhere to be found and she took this opportunity to race to Orianas tower... her fathers tower. She located her father and found that he was with her mother, damn she thought, she knew how crucial it was that she speak with her father but she could not bear to pull him away from her mother, not when the moments between them were so far and few inbetween. Turning from the pool she left the tower and moved forward with the rest of her plans, plans that only she and one other knew of. The aftermath of this plan was going to be brutal and she knew it was going to take a long time before anyone trusted her again but just as she had vowed to do whatever it took for her family in Pallia, she also made the same vow for the family that was waiting for her to come home in Iallia. Using the shadows again she went to the place where she knew she would find perhaps her greatest ally. Coming through the shadows to the room at the Inn, Iliana was met by blue eyes that burned bright when they saw her. Thankfully Emalina was alone.
Annie...
Emalina crossed the floor and hugged her sister tight. Iliana returned the hug then pulled away from her sister. The serious look on her face was enough for Ema to know that something wasn't quite right.
What is it Annie?
Iliana sat down on the edge of the bed and looked up at her older sister. Emalina was everything that Iliana was not, she was softhearted, tender with her touch and with her words, light surrounded Ema at all times. They were indeed living breathing examples of darkness and light. For the first time since everything had been put into motion Iliana had her doubts about what she needed to do.
I don't know if I can do it Emmie...
What "it" was did not need to be explained to Emalina, the white mage knelt down in front of her sister and took her hand.
Of course you can, we have it planned down to the tiniest detail, nothing will go wrong and by doing this you know you may very well be the savior of Pallia Annie... think about that, and when all is said and done I will be able to brag that my baby sister saved all of Pallia.
Iliana rolled her eyes and pushed her sister so that she fell on her backside.
This is not the time for jokes Emalina. How can you think I will all right with killing my own sister even if it is all just a trick, I still have to go through the motions and I still have to keep my game face on while I watch you die...
You are doing it so I can go to Iallia and watch over your family there Iliana that is why. You know Alistar will not allow James to live and if his armies are already on the move... oh Annie... you cannot start to doubt yourself now, you've invested too much already... and your own life is at risk by doing all that you have done... don't stop believing in yourself now. We are doing this because so much has already been asked of you and you have without question put yourself in harms way, the least you can do is allow me to do this for you... and the only way I can do it freely is if I am believed to be dead.
Again Emalina was holding on to her sister and this time Iliana did not push her away...
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:41 am

I didn't expect that you would go to Astrail Aidan, you are too much like your mother to hide away, if it weren't so necessary, I wouldn't be going but Gabriel has seen to it that the old ruins or rather what's beneath the old ruins is suitable enough for the needs of the Coven, and we will operate from there. Are you truly ready for what is to come Aidan? I know that you, brother and sisters will be safe enough, Aranor and Iliana have our "deaths" planned out perfectly, but I know it can still be a little unsettling...

The news that Aranor had struck out in Truth did not settle well with Kiara at all. Her king, her love, her very life was out in the world somewhere, his beautiful soul trapped in the body of a devil and no one knew where he was. Each day that passed without Losa was like walking in a nightmare but there was so much to be done that Kiara was able to numb herself to that reality. Only in times that she slowed down enough to let the numbness wear off did it effect her.

We have to believe that he is still in this world Aidan, my heart has not told me any different, he will be found....

When Aidan asked her if there was anything they might have overlooked she started running down the long list in her mind and suddenly she was on her feet racing for the doors of the Round Room only to come to a skidding halt. She smacked herself in the forehead and punched the wall.

How could we have been so stupid? All of us! That man has been walking around for days now using your fathers body and we didn't think of this sooner?! Get Stryder home... now Aidan... we've left Cyranda with no Dark Knight watching over her with that animal running loose on our lands...
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:53 am

The last thing he knew for sure was that they were in Truth fighting. Fighting to bring Pixie home and bring an end to a nightmare that once again was threatening everything that they knew. He woke up but something was not right his wife was not there. He could tell she had not been there. It was hard to explain but nothing seemed right. Until he started to really take a look at his surroundings. This was not home, it was not the Hall of Shadows, nor was it Black Rose he knew that. Then he realized something, something felt different. He moved and the movements were painful for the body. When he got to the mirror he realized what part of the problem was. This had to be a bad dream. When he looked at the mirror it was not his face looking back at him, it was the face of Alistar. The body had been weakened by the things that were meant to kill Alistar but had not for some reason. That meant if he was in Alistar's body, no that would mean that Alistar was in his body. He had to get back to Pallia. He thought quickly and looked around. The room he was now in must have been the study that no one could gain entry to. He started going trough things trying to find a way to get back there. When he could not find a way to get back to Pallia he had left the room a mess he did not care. He had taken a couple of books with him but that was it. Maybe one of them would give him some clue to what he could do about everything and what the plans were. He had not realized how much time had actually passed by. He had made his way to another town that he was not sure of the name of and did not know it but he passed out there. He knew that there was one between there and Pallia that might be able to help. Mathias after Jessica's death had continued to make his home in the same place. He knew that even if Mathias could not tell who he was he would help. After he paid the Inn keeper for where he had passed out, he hired a carriage to bring him to where Mathias was he could not afford one all the way back to Pallia but he figured Mathias would be able to help him to get to where he needed to go. He hoped to the gods that it would not be too late. That somehow his family realized what was going on.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:01 am

I'm fine actually, even though he's been gone when he is able to come home Stryder does everything he can to remind me that what happened in that cess pool of a town wasn't my fault, hell I'm not the one everyone needs to worry about really. Poor Avalyn is still trying to find a way to replace the blood in her veins with anything but the blood she shares with that animal. That poor thing didn't have a damn thing to do with what happened but she still tries to find a way to blame herself just because that bastard was her brother....

Maybe it was wrong of her to mention Avalyn but Cyranda kept trying to change the subject, she sure as hell wasn't used to Losa asking her so many questions about herself, or Stryder everyone knew how Stryder hated their private life being announced to everyone. Sure she might pop off now and then about some aspects of their life together but usually that was done all in good fun. When Losa said that he heard Alistar might have had a thing for her she stopped walking and her hands went to her hips. The more she was with Losa the more she felt uneasy and the more she had to force herself to act natural.

You have got to be fucking kidding, the only reason that fucker had anything to do with me was because I was the logical easiest choice of targets to use to try and ruin this family and it's a damn good thing he's dead because I swear I'd poison myself, shoot myself with an arrow and hang myself if I had to just to keep from being around him and if I did all that just how do you think Stryder would be then huh? Hell I cannot believe you would even say something like that to me, really what in the hell has gotten into you huh? You possessed or something?


As soon as the words came out of her mouth Cyranda was horrified to think that she might very well be right, what she didn't know and what didn't occur to her because she really didn't think about it was that Alistar could have survived. She had no idea just who she was talking to but that didn't matter, she knew she didn't like the way Losa was acting and that was all that was important at that moment.

Shouldn't you be with Kiara right now? Don't you always spend half the day with her?
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payten Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:17 am

Don't you know by now nothing that is said or done will ever make me lose my faith in you Bright Eyes?
Payten had listened patiently, which was a miracle in itself, to all that her husband had to tell her. She was very aware of the situation with Pallia as far as the armies that were heading towards the kingdom, she knew of betrayals and that more than ever they were living in dangerous times. She also knew that there were going to be secrets that Aranor had that he could not share with her but when he was able to finally divulge those secrets he would, at for the time being she was sure she did not want to know everything anyway. What she want however were reassurances that only Aranor would be able to give her and gods help him if he went back on his word to her she would hunt him down herself and wring his neck. Tucked in the warmth of his arms she couldn't help but think of the first time she had been held in those arms, and she couldn't keep from chuckling a little at the memory either. He had grabbed hold of her and pushed her into an alleyway where he kissed her senseless though at the time she wouldn't admit it and damn did she light into him for it. That had been the beginning of their life together though back then she would have vowed to pluck her own eyes out before even thinking of being with him. My how things change she thought.
You know the deal Aranor. No matter what happens, or who says what all that I am lies with you. I haven't loved you and put up with you this long to turn my back on you now. Just promise me that you will keep our babies safe. I know that those two would not let you keep them out of whatever is happening and I shouldn't have to say this either but you better make damn sure whatever happens that you come back to me Aranor I swear to the gods because I'll be damned if you made me love you just so you could leave me understand?
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:22 am

I know he will be found. I have tried to reach Stryder but have not been successful. I had thought of the fact that he is in Pop's body and Pixie is none the wiser. I will keep trying though. Also with me still around I can keep an eye out for Pop or an ear out I should say. You are right you would know if he was gone completely. I do not think that any of us are truly ready for what is to come.

He had decided that Rayne and Con needed to be in Firyon as well. He had looked at it from all angles. Alistar would not be stupid to risk full out war with the elves even if he found out Con and Rayne were there. He kept going over things and he shook his head.

As much as I would like to just tear through things I know that it will take time. If Pop is out there somewhere he will be found I am sure of that. There is not much we can do about that right now. I wish there was something we could do that Pop would know the truth of what becomes of us.


He sat there he was staring intently. Were they ever going to truly ready for something like this. He knew that they had to find a way to not let anything happen to any of them. It was bad enough that his father was missing and that another soul had control of the body. They could not kill them either for if they did than that would ruin the chances of his father ever coming home and he was not sure if any of them could handle what would follow that.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Genna Ryder » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:34 am

The only one who uses you for what you are is me Xavier Williams and do you really need for me to get in to detail just what that means?

Genna had him by the hand and was pulling him out of their room in Black Rose, since returning from Truth Kahn and Raven thought it best that Xavier stay at the manor just incase Stryder happened to see some of the damage that had been done to Genna. The last thing anyone wanted was her Uncle going on another rampage. She went straight into the shadows and they traveled the distance between Pallia and Firyon in record time. When they popped out of the shadows the first thing Genna did was kiss the cheek of the stunned priest who hadn't been expecting to see his cousin. The next thing she did was clear the air.

Before you even start Gregory no I am not pregnant, I know that is your question of choice anytime any of us women come to you wanting you to perform marriage rites and yes Xavier knows what he is getting himself into...

Her cousin shook his head at the same time he reached out his hand towards Xavier.

So.. you're Gennas wolf man... I was wondering when I was going to be paid a visit by the two of you, the way Phillip has talked I'm surprised I didn't see you sooner... your timing couldn't be better actually, I was just preparing to leave for the Hall of Shadows, Astrid will be here within two hours to take me... don't look at me like that Genna, I know that Pallia is preparing for war, and Aidan has sent for me... something about the entire family needing to be together, whether they are Elite or not.... now seeing how we are pressed for time shall we get on with it then?

All of ten minutes later Genna was throwing herself in Xaviers arms and kissing him, she even managed to eek out the part of the vows that included obey without losing her stomach because she had been obeying her whole life... on some level anyway. When the kiss broke Gregory gave Genna the key to his house and told her the guest room was theres but that they had to be back in Pallia before nightfall. He kissed her cheek, shook Xaviers hand and sent them on their way while he waited for Astrid.
User avatar
Genna Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aranor Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:52 am

Our family will not be whole for awhile but just believe in all of us, that what is seen is not always going to be what is. I promise you that someday all of our family will be sitting together again. Even when it seems that would never happen. Trust in what you know the most about this family, and what you know about me and about our children.

He smiled and kissed her again and kept her in his arms. He knew that he was going to have to meet with Iliana soon. He knew what was being asked of her was going to be hard trials but he also had the utmost faith in his daughter. He also had helped her come up with the spells she would say that Alistar would not be able to understand that would make him think that Aranor was totally left unable to do anything in the cells. He knew that it would be just time that he would have to wait out there. He was going to spend sometime just the two of them then he would see out his daughter.

I know you will not believe what you here and the proof that gets shown. What I have to do will keep me away for I am not sure how long. But Aidan has asked for all of us to meet tonight he wants the family together before things go all crazy.
User avatar
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Losa » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:02 am

wrong one
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Alistar Runtsor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:03 am

Kiara is busy with other matters. You know how she is at times. I am sorry if I asked too much about things. It is just I know what it is like to be used as a pawn against the people that you love. I am sure that Avalyn will be fine in time. As far as if I was kidding you we will never know about what his true thoughts and feelings were. As you said he is dead and gone. So how is little growler anyways? I have been busy with other matters, I keep meaning to look in on them.

He smiled at the the best that he could. He knew that he had to get back in the right graces with her. He continued to walk with her and then he grinned at her.

I do have to go I just realized the time and that there are plans that have left to be made. I will see you later.


He took his leave making sure that she was watched over. He went to his room to get some more rest. He knew that there was much to be done. He knew that later on Stryder would be home and he was a part of the plan to make the Shadows fall and he did not even know it. He grinned at the plan that he had put into motion. He just had to laugh as he knew there was not much that anyone could do to do anything to stop it. As the plans laid out armies were on the move and soon all of it would be over. He would be the lone surviving member of the royal family of course he would be heart broken from the grief. He could not believe just how well the plans were falling into place.
User avatar
Alistar Runtsor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Mathias_Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:22 am

He had not been expecting any visitors, the last time he had any contact with anyone was to let them know of Jessica's passing. They had a good life together but it was not until he realized he was not truly aging and she was, that he realized his mother's greatest deception. He was his mother's son, but he was not Crefe's son. In fact he looked nothing like either of his parents. He looked like he belonged right in with Losa and Condrik. He knew then that he shared the same blood. That is why he was able to do the things that he could. That is why his abilities were like theirs. He had tried to find a way to save his wife but he could not as time took its toll along with sickness. The children had taken the loss of their Mother hard as he knew they would. She had been gone a couple of years, and it was still hard for any of them to come to visit unless they stayed elsewhere. He thought of the children with a smile. He was used to the door being pounded on since he was one of the healers there in town. What he did not expect was a body that he did not recognized to be dumped at his door step. He brought the body in and started to do work on it. He was not sure what drove him to react so quickly other than it was the right thing to do. He had not used his magic in a long time as it had not been able to save his wife, he wanted nothing to do with it. He had no idea of all the things that were going on. If he knew about all that had been happening he would have been there to help his family. But truth be known only Losa knew where he was. That is the way that he liked it too, he did not want to have to deal with all the things that came along with a big family.
User avatar
Mathias_Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:29 am

You and every child born after you have lived in a world free of war, but you have seen your share of horrors, you more than any other child born to these lands... no child should ever have to see what you have seen but when I really think about it... maybe all that you have seen is what has helped shaped you into the man I see sitting now as Master of the Order.

Going behind Aidan she put a hand on his shoulder.

Make no mistake about it Aidan you are Master of the Elite now, and for as long as Bennett draws breath, until your father is returned to his rightful place, he his the true King of Pallia. Many will not know or understand, they won't even be aware of all that you and have Bennett have done for the Order, for our people, for our lands, but I know and so will those that matter.

At this point Kiara leaned over and kissed his cheek.

You are ready for what is to come because you have no other choice but to be ready. Remember who you are Aidan and the blood that flows through your veins. You are the union of Connor and Shadow bloodlines, the first of your kind and with that comes a greatness that you share only with your brother and sisters. Our people are a strong people and the proof lies in the histories buried within the very walls of our hall. Even before I was born the Connors endured and now as Shadows we will endure again.... find some rest Aid, nightfall will be here soon as will the rest of our family. Just for tonight forget your troubles Aidan and remember all that you see tonight, because it will remind us all just what we are fighting for.

Kiara left her son to his thoughts, or so she thought she was leaving him alone when she saw Janessa coming down the hall with a another tray in hand, this time she was bringing Aidan a midday meal. Kiara smiled at the girl as she passed her and reached out a hand stopping her briefly.

I can assume that you have done what my son has asked of you? Whether he is aware of it or not my son will need someone close to him that he can truly turn to in troubled times... you are to keep your watch over him do you understand me Janessa?

Kiara let the girl go then prepared herself to return back to the Hall. She hated knowing that she was going to have to face Alistar in her husbands body but she knew she could not act any differently than what was normal for fear of giving anything away. She wrapped herself in the black robes that would protect her from the sun and made the trek from Black Rose to the hall and once she was inside she went to the room she shared for so many years with Losa that it hurt knowing once she went through those doors, only his body would be there....
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Janessa » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:45 am

I understand your Majesty..

Janessa had been ambushed in a sense by Kiara in that suddenly it was on her to keep an eye on the Prince which wasn't really a bad thing but more like an explosive thing from her point of view. Aidan even when all hell wasn't breaking loose was a bear on a good day and Janessa had learned to let most of what came out of his mouth go in one ear and out the other but on a bad day... it was better to just stay away from him. Still she wanted to help as much as she could with whatever she could and she did need to see Aidan anyway so she was killing two birds with one stone by following both the Queens orders and the orders of her son. Just like she did before Janessa entered the Round Room and set the tray down in front of Aidan only this time she didn't bother telling him that his mothers orders for her still stood, she went right into what Quinn Lockheart had told her to tell Aidan.

I've been told to inform you that what you have requested will be ready for you come morning, I'm to go to the Lockheart house at dawn where I will be given the package. I do not need any escort either, really having to go into town earlier with others took too damn long when I can just as easily use the shadows, it's faster that way anyway.
I've brought lunch, I know your busy and have a lot on your mind and even more to do but just eat it so I don't have your mother on my ass. She already stopped me in the hall to make sure you were being taken care of. If your still planning on having everyone come to the hall tonight you might want to try and get some sleep too, you look like hell... your highness. Oh and if I might make one more suggestion... with all the secrets being kept obviously there is something huge in the works that you don't want others to learn about... you might want to try and not look quite as mean as you do right now... just try and look your normal mean Aidan.
User avatar
Janessa
Stablehand
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Hunter Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 am

He could not lay it all out for Maddy because he was not sure of all of what was to happen yet. He looked at her and kissed her.

I know you are not going to want to leave Jacob but there is trouble coming. I am going to have to leave for sometime. There is no option not if I want to live. The council is going to be in danger. My family, these lands, our very way of life is going to be at risk. Since you are seen only as a weapons master they should not bother you except for maybe your ties to me. Tonight our families are going to celebrate being together, tomorrow we have no idea what is to come. The future is not ours to know as of yet. We will know things as they happen I guess. Without a doubt there are things that I need to accomplish. Things we all need to do.

His hands held hers and he was looking at her serious. He stretched out on the couch that was there at his parents house. He would stay there more than most of the brothers he thought it partially to that he had a liking of the couch that his uncle had made for his mother. The man that he was named after. He got told how like him he was at times. He thought more and more about things and knew that he was going to have to do what he could. He knew what he was going to have to carry out and he was to meet with his cousin in the morning. He did not like the idea of the plan that was to happen if some reason they should be losing the battle and need to regroup they were going to have to go and split up. Hunter had made it clear to Aidan that he too would head to Firyon if for no other reason than he would be there for added protection. He thought about it in some ways it was strange that Aidan was not going with Kiara but he also understood it. Benny the Angel Baby the youngest of the Royal family but the crown prince would need some normalcy. He thought about it that night his family would be together for the last time as a whole family for a long time.
User avatar
Hunter Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:05 am

He listened to his Mother and once he was alone with his thoughts which did not last long he had made a decision. Benny even as useful as he was with his sword would not see this war. He would see to that himself without telling Benny. From the time Benny was born he was seen different than the other Connor Shadow line. People saw him as a younger version of their father which was correct in a lot of ways. There was something that few knew because of how their father felt about magic. Benny was not as skilled as Aranor but he was also not a slouch either. He knew that he had to be sure that Benny would survive for he was to be King of Pallia. He also knew Bennett well enough to know he would not go without a fuss.

I know what I need Janessa. Yes there is a lot going on and I know my Mother put to you the responsibility of making sure certain things are taken care of. I also am very aware of how much easier shadow walking is compared to other methods. But I also know what we are facing and know that would raise too much suspicion to be doing for the task of bringing something to Quinn and Jacob. You will go to Quinn in the morning and will take the package. By then I expect things may be getting a bit hectic around here. As far as anyone knows that package is coming to me. If you are stopped and the package taken, do not fight for it. It is not what you think, it is what I want others to think. No one should harm you as all they will see you as is a messenger.

There was something that only two knew. He knew how important it was that not too many knew of the matter at hand. He ate what Janessa had brought him though. He was going to finish what he was doing and then he was going to find his rest at least for a little while he needed to.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Chase Bowers » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Avery I need to know you are up for this. After talking with Aidan it makes sense. I am going to have to stay here to keep an eye on things. As far as things go I can play the card that one would think of when they think of me. I was the unwanted Shadow child and the reason why I would stay after all was destroyed is because I would not care it was destroyed. I know this means one of two things you either are going to stay with me, or for sometime we are going to be separated. I love you Avery and I know you love me. I also know I am not willing to risk anything happening to our child. Above everything else I need to make sure you are ok and are safe. You know there are going to be a lot of things we are going to have to say and do to make this work.

He was holding her, he knew that they belonged together but he also did not know if she was up for it. He was going to have to play things off himself as well. Things he was not sure he wanted to do or that he was ready to do. For the good of everything he was going to have to turn his back on his family. He had to be sure that in the process even if it was not alright at the start that things would be ok between him and Avery everything else did not matter as much to him. He was not going to let his child grow up without him. He smiled thinking of the life that was growing inside of Avery.

You know you have given me the greatest things a man could ever want. Your love and now a child that is ours. I never believed I could be so happy but now I know that it is possible.
User avatar
Chase Bowers
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users