Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:37 pm

I knew something was not right with him but was not sure what. We all know Dad would tear apart kingdoms looking for any one of us. But to have him so calm when being told that Benny was taken it was not right Mom. You have always taught us to be aware of our surroundings and pay attention to things around us. When something is not right to be aware of it and do what we need to. We all know how Pop was not right after the Time of the Fallen and time helped heal him. We also know that Bennett being born healed him even more. So what are we going to do about Pop? I have things started Mom, Errol has strict orders as far as Kira goes. We will do whatever we have to, to protect these lands, Connor and Shadow lands. I know you can not always be right with us, but if Alistar is in Pop's body well as the soul is in his body where is Pop?

He knew the choices he was going to have to make were not going to be easy ones, he also knew that they could cause problems with some people. But he had to take the reigns he knew that. He knew that his Mother had other matters to tend to. He always had known that his father was his mother's very reason for being. When she had made the decision to be turned many years ago it was because of her husband. They all knew as long as his father walked the world his mother would too, he also knew if his father was lost out there somewhere his Mother would make it her mission to bring him home.

Once he took leave from his mother's room he sat waiting for those that were called for to come. He knew Kahn would return as soon as he was done with the task of informing Dominic. Aidan knew one of the greatest things they had to their advantage was going to be Dominic. He knew that Dominic could get into Lindsey's mind like it was nothing. He would use that to their advantage to find out all they could. He was not stupid either he knew all those taken were still at risk. He laid out what he could for people. He told them that they were expecting a war like these lands had not seen in his lifetime to come. He knew there was nothing they could do to truly stop it. He thought about the chain that hung around his neck and he touched it. How many times had he tore it off just to have his father pick it up and it eventually return to his neck. He knew that he could not kill his father's body, not just to get rid of Alistar because then their father would be lost completely to them. He knew his Mother would handle that end, and hopefully quickly.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Cori wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to keep her from the meeting at Black Rose, now that she was home, home in the sense that she was surrounded by her family with the exception of her husband who had yet to arrive and her children she was done with being scared and had moved on to an emotion that most tried to keep her from turning to only because Cori was wild when she was angry. She was more than just angry, she was hungry for justice, revenge, whatever it was to be called, she just knew she wanted it. She stood next to Aidan who was sitting in his mothers place at the round table in the round room, the whole of their lives whenever there was trouble in Pallia or in the family Cori and Aidan were always side by side. Some thought their relationship was a little unnatural, that the half cousins were too close, Cori always ignored the talk that went around, she refused to let anyone try and cheapen the bond between the two of them with their twisted talk. Leaning down Cori had something she wanted to say to Aidan but wasn't too sure how it would go over with anyone else so she kept the conversation between the two of them with whispers.
Aid... you have someone you can use to your advantage, someone who if he is told exactly what is needed... will see all and hear all... he just needs to be pointed in the right direction... use Valiant Aidan... he's been at a loss since this whole thing started and in this particular case... he could be very useful. Mind you it's just a thought Aid and please remember not to rush into anything. I know I know you don't need to be reminded but I have to do it anyway. You know Firyon and her army are at your disposal, Ardis will be ready.
When she stood back up Cori froze. A new face had come into the room and her eyes went as wide as moons. She knew she should move, that she should go to the man who was staring back at her but she just could not bring herself to move. Payne didn't say a word he just crooked his finger at her then pointed to the ground in front of him. She felt Aidan nudge her and she looked at him like he crazy and he was looking at her like if she didn't move Payne would come and get her, and she didn't want that, not with the way he looked. Straightening her shoulders she put a smile on her face, she wasn't really scared at all, it had just been a long time since she had seen Payne look the way he was looking now. The last time she saw him look that way had been just before they were married and she had managed to nearly drown herself during an afternoon spent cliff diving with Aidan. Crossing the room she went to Payne and stood exactly where he had pointed. She looked at him for a split second then dipped down in front of him greeting her elven king the proper way seeing they were surrounded by people. Her blond hair fell down around her and she spoke low.
It wasn't my fault this time your Highness... honest.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Alistar Runtsor » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:14 pm

You are right Iliana rest would be beneficial. Though I will see you later my pet. We will take care of the matters as we need to. For one that came growing up in what was supposedly one of the greatest families you have more sense than all of them. We will put everything into action as need be. I hope you are ready for the day when you get to cut down Aranor and Emalina. It is a shame that they could never see the greatness in you that I have always seen. Just because it did not conform to their ideas of greatness.

He smiled and touched her cheek then took his leave. He went to the bed chambers and climbed in to go rest. His body was tired he knew that it needed the rest at least for a little while. He just was not sure if his wife was going to join him or if she was elsewhere. Maybe she got caught up in the day and the plans would go much smoother.
User avatar
Alistar Runtsor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 pm

My Queen is correct in that Firyon's army stands ready to assist Pallia in any matter possible. We have also heard from other allies that are willing to help when the time has come.

His face was chiseled nothing about him relaxed someone had come into their room and taken his wife. His brother in law had been working hard at doing everything he could. His hand went out to his Queen bringing her to him and he kissed her. He walked out of the room with her and he was looking over her.

I know this time was not your fault Cori but the ones responsible will pay with their lives. I prefer to live in peace but the moment they came on our lands and touched my wife. Well they signed their death by doing that. I am not going to stop and I am not going to relax until each one of them is dead.

He was relieved that his wife seemed ok and he pulled her into his arms and kissed her in a way that would tell her just how much she was missed. He had already given his son the order to do what he did the best. The thing which some saw as off for the prince of Firyon
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:48 pm

As soon as Alistar was gone from her room Iliana locked her door, no one who came to her chamber would find that unusual in the slightest, and she used simple magics, parlor tricks really to give the illusion that she was in her bed taking a rest should for whatever reason anyone happen to get into her sacred space. She did not alert anyone to what her actions were leading to, if no one was aware of what she was doing then no one could be made to tell now could they? If Alistar happened to weasel his way inside she believed he would have the sense to see the rouse as a ploy meant to keep her "family" at bay. When the last of the incantations was spoken and she was satisfied with the work done she wasted no time in slipping into the darkness of the shadows, she would have a few hours before she would be sought out by anyone and she needed the time to herself. Not quite to herself...


Did I not promise that you would be in Iallia in time for dinner Captain?
Ilianas voice came from the shadows as sultry as the night that now blanketed Iallia, the differences in time between in Iallia and Pallia were similar to those of Firyon so she knew that James would be in his rooms at Autumnvale. She was not pleased to find how easy it had been for her to enter his private space through the shadows and her displeasure registered in her eyes.
Do you value your life so little that you would risk it by not taking the proper precautions against one such as myself James Kensington? There are worse things than me that lurk in the night and you should not be so reckless... what are you thinking leaving your rooms so unprotected?
As unhappy as she was by the lack of security surrounding James, knowing that Alistar had his name on his list of those to be disposed of, she could not stop the soft smile from creeping to her lips. Seeing James, how is color had returned even more and finding him sitting up pouring over what appeared to be missives lifted a great weight from her. She had worried for him from the moment he left Pallia but that concern had to be masked at all times lest she give away her true feelings for the man to Alistar. It was so easy for her to fall back into the routine they had kept when she lived at the palace, that was when she wasn't away due to her studies, for Iliana, Iallia and Autumnvale was more of a home than the Hall of Shadows could ever be. When she crossed the room to stand at his bedside she slipped off the black robes that had covered her knowing the sight might unsettle James, letting them billow to the floor in a pile of velvet, she settled down carefully on the bed beside him still in the common clothes that she had on beneath her robes. Her head fell back against the pillows, one arm went above her head, the other draped across her stomach.
I am so sorry James. I broke my vow... I had no choice and certainly the gods cannot hold it against me... I am caught in a very serious web of such intricate design that I do not know how I am going to avoid being further entangled... Alistar inhibits my Uncles body and he is so intent on taking over all of Pallia. You have to know that Iallia is at risk James... I will do everything that I am capable of to keep our home from becoming part of this treacherous game he plays, but I do not know if I will succeed. Alistar expects more from me than I think even my father believed him capable of... you have to know James... I have to for the sake of Pallia do whatever is demanded from me. I only have a few hours before I need to return, I shouldn't even be here, but I had to see you... you have to know that no matters what happen, my heart as dark as it may be, is yours and yours alone.
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:50 pm

He smiled when he saw her enter the room, his room had been warded but he made sure that she would still be able to gain entry. He looked up at her and waited for her to join him. He put aside the missives after all his sister in law and his brother tried to tell him to take that night to still rest. He leaned over her and kissed her laying down with her wrapping her up in his arms with a smile. He grinned at her.
Had it been anyone else they would not have got through so easily. Zuri of course hates you even more she over heard the fight earlier. I know she will have to get over it once she realizes she is wrong about you. I know that she is wrong about you and I really do not care for her opinions anyways. I mean I know she is trying to protect me but I also know that she does not need to protect me against you. After all you would do anything for me and I know that. I do not want you to give up your gifts I never have. I have wanted you to use your magic even though it is darker magic to help with matters. So why would I be upset about it. The reason I made sure we returned here was your father had come to me explaining what needed done and why to a point. Your father wanted to make sure that I understood what had to be done and that I would support you. I told him there was nothing to worry about there.
He held her in his arms and kissed her again his fingers playing with her hair and laying there with her.
I know that you need to do whatever you can to help Pallia. I also know that you will do what you can to help here also. I know that you have considered this more of your home. And once this is all over I do hope that it will be your home here with me. I am going to play the game that needs to be played though I do not like having to say anything like I had to earlier. Just know I love you Iliana and I know where your heart lays and that it is with me. Sometimes we have to do things that we do not like
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 pm

It was all such a mess! So much so that Pixie gave up counting days and waiting for more bad news to be dropped at their feet. She hadn't really seen Stryder in weeks because he was off during the day running through plains or shadows whichever in his efforts to help find the stolen members of their family, particularly Cori. As grown as she was and as grown as Coris Mama was, anytime Stryder had been able to corner either of them he would either pretend to stalk them or make some off handed comment about having a taste for chicken. The joke was ages old but it still sent Cori running away giggling like a little girl and it still made Rayne roll her eyes and spit out that Stryder couldn't handle the likes of her but if he thought he was man enough he was more than welcome to try and get a taste, and nine times out of ten Condrik would step in saying something along the lines of how no one was going to know what his elf tasted like but him and that would make Raynes eyes roll even more and her hands would go up in the air while she walked away from them both. It had been hard adjusting to being back in Pallia only because Pixie could not get passed how she had been used as a pawn in the game that was meant to not only end the lives of Kiara and Losa but to end the life of her Dark Knight and the way she had been used still pissed her off to the highest point of the heavens. Some days she would just walk around thinking of ways to kill Alistar Runtsor except that he was already dead. Or at least thats what she thought. Just when her world started to come together again and life was making better sense more chaos reared it's ugly head and even though she pitched every fit she could throw at Stryder he would not tell her everything, which she could only assume meant that somehow, someway Alistar was involved. She hated not knowing and had gotten so pissed off one night that she stormed into the living room with a blanket and pillows, only when she woke the next day she was not alone, she was curled up contently on her Dark Knight and she knew that she would never try and sleep another voluntarily without him again. So during the day she wasn't allowed to go anywhere without someone constantly being with her, she really was not going to push Stryder into telling her why either, there were just some things she learned not to argue with a long time ago. This particular morning she was being escorted all over by Stryders favorite guard dog... Katie Joy. Everyone knew that Katie had a special place in Stryders heart, long before Cyranda had even met her husband Katie had managed to do what no one else could... she made Stryder smile, and why not? Katie even as she aged was still the sweetest, most innocent like being Cyranda had ever met, she still possessed a child like quality that endeared her to everyone whoever met her and she still had the face of an angel. And no one ever, not ever raised their voice let alone a hand to Katie out of sheer terror, because if they did and Stryder caught wind of it... that was it... life over. That morning Katie and Pixie were going to meet Jillian and the baby they all called Little Growler, Cyranda and Stryders grandson who was named after his grandfather, had picked up the senior Stryders habit of constantly growling, and the baby looked so much like Stone that there was no doubt in Pixies mind that it was Deamon blood that ran through his veins rather than McKenna blood thank the damn gods. She was looking forward to seeing her daughter in law and her grandson. They were going to meet at the lake because even though the weather was starting to cool down, Pixie still followed her "soaking" ritual religiously, and the fresh air would do them all good. When she and Katie arrived at the lake the first thing Pixie did was start stripping down to the shorts and tank top she had underneath her warmer clothes which she noticed made Katie Joys head shake.

To be that young again... you are still an amazing little creature Cyranda.

Pixie rolled her eyes.

And you're just so damn old right Kate? Please have you looked in a mirror lately? If anyone around here deserves to be stared at it sure as hell isn't me... I don't age like mortals remember but you do and even so you don't look any older than twenty five summers! Care to share your secret? Oh wait I know... it's Quinn... well if he's anything like Stryder then we know why you're in such damn good shape!

Pixie laughed at how Katies cheeks turned pink and the blush spread all the way to the tips of her ears.

Cyranda Jane!

Oh don't you Cyranda Jane me! You would think after having two babies this kind of talk sure as hell wouldn't bother you! Honestly Katie Joy you still blush like a virgin bride on her wedding night! Bet Quinn thinks thats cute as hell too.

Katie Joy shook her head again and started taking out her art supplies while Cyranda jumped into the water of the lake. When she emerged Katie noticed she was looking passed Katie rather than at her which caused Katie to turn around. A smile was presented to the man standing behind her but then there was something that set off Katies alarms. Katie had an impressive eye for detail, she always did, even when she had been blind for that year during the first year of her marriage to Quinn she had been able to see using her hands and now what she saw made her uneasy. If there was one thing that she learned from Quinn and having been raised around Kiara it was never let on when something isn't right, so she kept smiling and greeted Losa who she noticed right away, and was the reason she was on edge, was staring at Cyranda.

Hello your majesty... it's a lovely day isn't it?

Look at me Katie thought, just look at me and please let that fey have enough sense to stay in the water and keep her big mouth shut! Katie almost winced when she heard Cyrandas voice echoing from the lake.

Well looky what we have here! His majesty has come down from on high! Okay so I know you've had damn good reason not to be out and about but hey a little fun can help get rid of some tension can't it? You here for a swim Losa? Or has something else happened? Is everything all right?
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Alistar Runtsor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:26 am

He had not been able to catch a glimpse of her until then. With all the stuff going on he did not dare to try an sneak to see her. But what was being planned out would include her as well. He knew as much as Iliana was interesting to him Pixie was a bit more exciting. He knew that he could not just apprproach her about anything. He grinned watching and listening.

No bad news yet what would make you think of that? I do like to walk the lands you know. It is nice to see both of you again. I think I am going to have to deciline going swimming at the moment. There has been a lot going on. I was just wondering how things were going. I know Stryder has been gone a lot of the time as of late. I was just thinking that you need to come up and visit more. I know that we are all busy but after all that was gone through to bring you home can not be forgotten. So what has your husband been tleling you is going on?


He smiled at Katie then his attention turned back to the women that he was speaking with. He knew what it was like to have Pixie in his bed under his control. Not while in Losa's body but still he knew that she had something about her that he could not truly resist. He was standing back just watching things. Sure in some ways Pixie was a game to him but in some ways he actually did like having her around. Well once plans were in motion he hoped that he would be able to do something more about things with her. Maybe she would even become the Queen of Pallia. He would just had to wait and see about things with Pixie though seeing her sent all sorts of thoughts through his head.
User avatar
Alistar Runtsor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:38 am

How very sweet and understanding..
The words came out a little more bitter than Iliana had meant for them to. What was she expecting from James other than the support he was so willingly giving her for the deeds she had already done, which were so minor, so minuscule in comparison to the deeds that she had yet to do, the deeds she would have no choice but to see through. It came to mind that James might not fully understand the depths to which she may have to go to ensure that her fathers plans, as well as Kiaras were not interfered with. Too much was at stake. For a moment Iliana wished she could go back to the days when she had little more to worry over than making sure her spells were in order, or that she perfected the latest incantation that had been put down in front of her to master before she returned home to Iallia and to James. Those days seemed so far gone now, like a dream in it's fading stages. She suddenly felt tired, tired in body and spirit but she could not give in to pressures that were put upon her because she had freely agreed without coercion or by any other means to take part in the plot to bring Alistar to justice and bring return her uncle to where he rightfully belonged.
I'm sorry beloved. It has been a long night, I have yet to visit sleep and my day is only just beginning. I won't be able to stay for too much longer James. I just wanted to see with my own eyes that you were home. You have to promise me something. No matter what happens, no matter what you may hear or even see with your own eyes that you will trust me more than you will your own senses. Promise me James I mean it, I need to hear it before I leave.
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Corinthyalas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:50 am

I would say right about now... were you of Deamon blood that you would have just reached your demon age Payne... and I would be more than happy to see it happen too.
Cori was not shy with Payne under normal circumstances, even when they were surrounded by royals, nobility, all the upper classes one could think of she would forget her place and make some comment or show some display of affection towards her king that would make people laugh and love her free spirit even more. Cori had very few personal enemies and that probably helped to fuel Paynes anger even more when she had been taken but she was not even going to pretend she knew what was driving that anger other than the obvious. Her arms went around his neck, her lips went to his mouth and she kissed him in the same way he had just finished kissing her, and if he thought for one damn minute that she was letting him go just yet he had another thing coming.
Would it be too much of me to ask for you to put your plans for killing on hold long enough for me to get your attention Payne? I know I know now is not the time... and it might not be the time for some but as it stands right now, we, you and I don't have anything else to do... no orders have been handed down just yet and I just really really need more than five seconds of time with you Payne.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:08 am

Be still my beating heart! A Shadow who would rather walk than run? Since when?

In the water Cyranda clutched at her chest and fell over submersing herself beneath the cool liquid. When she came back up she was at the bank of the lake and hoisted herself out of the water, her clothes clinging to her form showing off every curve. Curves that she didn't notice because she never noticed such silly things usually, but she did notice a slight change in Katie Joy expression. A blond brow went up.

You okay Katie?

Katie Joy realizing that Cyranda must have noticed how her face changed nodded keeping her eyes adverted to her sketch pad.

I'm fine you batty woman, just having a spot of trouble with some shading... by all means keep doing what you're doing Pix, I think Stryder will like my latest works very much indeed!

Cyrandas silvery laugh carried across the sky.

Of course he will... if you've sketched either food or me which when you really think about it sometimes with the way he thinks the two are one and the same.

Katie Joy shook her head and pretended to be busy working on her latest piece while she kept her ears opened.

Anyway! You seemed a little off is all, and you know how bad news is the norm around here, then again we've had plenty of that lately haven't we so I would guess you'd be a little off anyway. You know Stryder only tells me so much what with all that code of the Elite and blah blah blah. Though I'm starting to get a little I dunno antsy that he's been gone longer than usual of course when he does come home it's going to be one hell of a... oh wait I'm sure you don't need to hear that much, right about now I'd be hearing my name bellowed and I'd be getting that look he gives you know the one you've only seen it probably a million times before. I know I haven't been up at the hall much but yanno finding out that you've pretty much been stolen away by a raging lunatic who tried to kill your family and tried to convince you that the one person in the entire world that would never hurt you was actually a monster only to find out that what you thought was your life wasn't really is awfully gods damn confusing and a hell of alot for one person to work through. Thank the damn gods that my Dark Knight is a strong man though, I don't think anyone else would have been able to put up with craziness I laid down on him when I first got home! But everything is okay now, better than okay really, really you have no idea how damn happy I am to be home and that that piece of shit is dead. I just hope that everyone else gets the same happy ending so to speak that I've gotten. Anyway, Jillian was supposed to meet us here with Little Growler but I think I have enough time to take a walk up to the hall and at least show my face before they get here. If you want I'll walk back with you
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kira Connor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 am

Kira didn't remember falling asleep, she knew she had been healed enough to be able to sit up and she had been doing just that while she talked with Errol and made the small confession to him that she did love him, and in return he was still trying to make her situation not so bleak even though she knew the reality of it all. The next thing she knew she was opening her eyes, and was in a room at Black Rose Manor, it was easy to tell that it was Black Rose by the decor of the room. Someone had moved her and Errol both to her Aunt Kiaras quarters... probably the safest room in all the manor besides the Round Room and the Black Room. And there were eyes identical to her own, only these eyes were red rimmed, a sure sign that tears had been spilled, staring at her. Kira reached up and touched a hand to her brothers cheek and whispered so she didn't wake Errol who was sleeping beside her.
I know what you're thinking Jonathan Connor, and I won't allow it... just like I told Bennett, I've been in tougher scrapes than this... it's going to be okay Kris... I promise and you know I never break a promise... not to you... not ever.
User avatar
Kira Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:06 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Sophie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:49 am

You don't know how bad I wish I could go with you, but I know this is too important, this mission your father is sending you on...

Standing on the floor of the balcony that overlooked the gardens at the palace in Firyon, Sophie noticed how the light of the moon played off of Valiants dark hair, he was such a contradiction when compared to his sisters. They were fair haired, fair skinned, every feature of what an elf of Firyon was meant to be. And then there was Valiant, dark haired, tanned skin from all his time spent outdoors, everything that wild wood elves were and in that moment he could not have looked more perfect in her eyes. Displays of affection between the Prince and the common elf were often kept private as they should have been, Valiant was not one who horded attention, in fact he ran from it as far and as fast as he could if he believed he was in danger of having any bestowed upon him, but when they were alone, when it was just the two of them, he seemed more at ease, and more inclined to let his emotions show.

Swear to me right here and right now that you will be careful Vali, your mother will not be pleased at all when she comes home and finds that something happened to you... and I will not be pleased either. I know you don't need to hear it to know that it is true, but I love you Valiant and I could not bear it if something happened to you.
User avatar
Sophie
Stablehand
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Janessa » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:04 am

What in the hell was she thinking when she just stood there nodding her head and saying "yes your majesty" after Kiara herself had sought her out telling her that Aidan was going to need someone to make sure that he ate and rested when it was needed. The queen didn't get into full detail about what was going on but it was clear that whatever it was, was going to keep her away from her sons for a while and as the queen said, everyone always fussed over Bennett including Aidan that Aidan was going to need someone to just keep an eye on him. Janessa couldn't exactly tell the queen that there were plenty of other women who would probably give their right arm to be able to what Kiara was asking of her but then Janessa remembered what her parents and her brother were always so fond of reminding her. "The Shadows are family Janessa, just because you and Aidan can't seem to get along doesn't mean you can turn your backs on them, they didn't turn their backs on us". So, Janessa agreed and now she was walking the halls of Black Rose Manor with a tray in one hand and a stack of missives in the other that Kiara asked her to bring for Aidan. Whatever was going on, was huge because anyone with a lick of sense would notice that the Hall of Shadows seemed just a little too empty. Whatever was happening she wasn't going to pry, she was just going to do what was asked of her and keep her fingers crossed that everything turned out for the best for all of them.

Aidan?...

Janessa kicked at the doors of the Round Room instead of knocking because her hands were full. When the door opened she almost dropped the tray she was carrying having kept it balanced in one hand up until that point, she wasn't expecting to see Krystyna Shadow opening the door with a look on her face that made a shiver run down Janessas spine.

What is it Nessa?

Caught off guard Janessa stared at the woman for a second then remembered what she was doing there.

Huh? Oh... right... sorry I wasn't... what I mean is... sorry... let's try this again.

Shaking off her surprise Janessa also remembered her manners and how she had been raised by the the Wakefields.

My apologies highness, the Queen mother asked me to bring these missives and a morning meal to Prince Aidan.

Krystyna looked at Janessa, then turned her head to look back at Aidan.

Mama sent Janessa for you Aid... can you please try and play nice and remember who the real enemy is... I'll report in every second hour as you have ordered or sooner should I find anything...

Krystyna stepped back and opened the door wider at the same time she motioned for Janessa to enter the room. Janessa had never seen anything like the Round Room before, it was evident that Kiara had put so much thought into the room, incorporating both the Elite and the Deathstalkers into the room. Krystynas voice was low in her ear bringing her back from the awe she felt when she entered the room.

Don't mind the Prince if he's a little more... monstrous than usual Ness... he still won't bite.

When Krystyna left the room Janessa felt an awkward silence fill the room, maybe that was because it was like she wasn't even there. Get a damn grip Janessa Elizabeth, you know Aidan. Maybe that was the problem she did know Aidan, as well as anyone could know Aidan, only she could tell you what kind of mood he was in by the color of his eyes, she could tell you exactly what shade of red his hair was depending on how much time he spent in the sun, and she could tell you how many freckles were scattered across the bridge of his nose... six in all that were so light they were almost impossible to see but she knew they were there. From the first time she ever laid eyes on Aidan Connor Shadow Janessa had been enthralled. Of course she had no idea the first time she saw him just how... moody he was and she had been too shy and timid around him, given her past and her family history before she was taken in by the Wakefields had made her mousy and she avoided confrontation like the plague... but that was before she spent the last two years living on Shadowlands. She crossed the room until she reached the table and she set tray down in front of Aidan.

Hey don't look at me like that, I'm following orders, even I know better than to try and tell your mother no to something... and she wanted me to bring you these... they were in her study... she said something about keeping them prying eyes and that you would understand... Aidan... are you all right? I know something is going on and I know it's not my place to ask so I won't, but if you need a break or anything, you know it'll be all right if you get bitchy on me if it will help.

Because she wasn't Elite... yet... Janessa knew she wasn't going to be included in anything that had to do with the Order other than training so she offered the only thing she had. Someone for him to blow up at if it was needed.

Yeah I know it's not much... but it's all I can offer right now... haven't had my trials yet... anyway, please eat, I don't want your mother thinking I can't follow such a simple order... I'll swing by later to clean up and see if you need anything else.
User avatar
Janessa
Stablehand
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Genna Ryder » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 am

Dammit Xavier... of course I have every confidence in you... it's the rest of the world I don't trust! I don't like it can you blame me! The idea is brilliant and I can understand why Iliana would come to you with it but that's doesn't mean I'm all right with it. How can you expect me to be okay with this? You just finished recovering from...

Genna stopped midrant. What the hell was she thinking? Furthermore what the hell was she saying?! How could she in one breath talk about how she was confidant in him and in another throw something as childish as his recent recovery in his face. A recovery that was no more or less recent than her own yet when she was called on by the Mistress of the Order she answered that call without so much as hearing a word of protest from Xavier. Her shoulders sagged and she hung her head.

I'm sorry, I just don't like all the secrecy, I know what Ili needs you to do but the lack of details... the why is what is eating away at me. Can't you feel the change in the air? Everything is so wrong lately and now we've all been moved to Black Rose like this... it reeks and you heard Aidan... none of us knows what real war is... sure we have been trained to be Elite but not since Aidan was a baby have these lands seen war. We've all heard the stories from our own elders of times of war and sometimes Oriana would use her magic to show us some of what it was like back then, but this... knowing what could possibly be coming to these lands without knowing everything... it's maddening.

Genna moved to stand behind Xavier, her arms went around his waist, her head rested on his back.

I just don't need anything to happen to you, we have been through way too much, hell we both have the damn scars, emotional and physical, to prove it and I'll be damned if I lose you now. Give me a break okay? I am allowed to be all soft and girlie sometimes you know.
User avatar
Genna Ryder
Stablehand
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby James Kensington » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 am

I know how to play my part if that is your concern. I know that not everything I see and hear is going to be what is true. Did I not play the part earlier in the fight. I love you Iliana and I am not going to let anything come in the way of that. I know right now you have to do what is right to help out. Just know that when all of this is over I will be waiting for you. If there is anything I can do to help you know I will.

He continued to hold her and he kissed her again. He knew she was going to have to go but he did not want her to. He smiled at her though and kept her close. He was going to take advantage of every moment they would have together. With a smile he laid holding her close to him.

I know you need to go back and rest love but I will take anytime I can with you. When this is all over I am not letting you go far from me at all. We have been apart too long already.


He would rather have him there with him but he also knew that she had things she needed to do.

I know you need to do this stuff for your family and all but be safe Iliana. I do not want anything to happen to you, because I do not think I could take it.
User avatar
James Kensington
Stablehand
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Aidan Shadow » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:59 am

He watched as his sister left to do the things she needed to. He wished Kira was not out of commission but that was something that was going to have to be dealt with another time. Each one of the healers said messing with something like that was a bit tricky. He knew that his cousin was in good hands with Errol. He was looking over the stuff and he did know what to do with them. He had some place that no one knew about that he could put things. He would have to disappear a little later and visit there. He looked to Janessa so he had to behave some if not he would hear it from his mother some time.

I know no one can say no to my Mother. There is something I need you to do Janessa it is very important to part of the plan of what is going on. I need you to take these to Quinn and Jacob, there is more to it than it seems tell them. If anyone asks tell them I sent you to have my daggers sharpened. Quinn or Jacob will tell you something. It is important that you come back to only me. I know that Maddy is trustworthy as Hunter would not let someone near this family that he did not trust but this has to be dealt with by Jacob or Quinn.


He knew she had not been through her trials yet but all the reports on her were good.

If anything does not feel right get into the shadows. Others will take the walk with you. As you know none of the Elite are allowed off on their own. There is something going on, and no matter who asks you, nothing that goes on between my Mother and I, or anything I send you to do is to be repeated.


He handed her the daggers with the note inside. He knew the appearance would come off that he was just having her take them to be sharpened. He got a look on his face and he knew that people would not expect him to be calm about a lot of things. He turned to her hearing footsteps coming not sure of the steps as many sounded like they were coming he gave her a wink.

What are you waiting for you have my orders to go get them sharpened so why are you standing here? Can you not follow the simplest of instructions. You want to be elite but you stand here looking stupid over a simple task? Go on see if you can make it to the shop without getting lost. Wait others will be with you so you should be able to handle it. You are to wait there and find out how long my daggers will take. And do not lose them.
User avatar
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 am

He held his arm around his wife and kept her close to him. He was still angry he did not get angry often this time it was not lessening though his wife was safe.

We have some time, but I am telling you this. When the time comes for us to go into battle I am going along with them. I am not going to sit back and let my home be under attack. I am not going to let our way of life be threatened and not take a stand. If I was of Deamons blood it would have happened when you were taken. We have never done anything to make ourselves be a part of what happened. Elder and SJ have been on the hunt since it started. Your father and your mother well let's just say it is a good thing your Mother can control him to a point.

He was standing there with her and he kissed her again.

We need to head back to Firyon. Your uncle has put more wards in place. It will do good for the Queen of Firyon to be back where she belongs even if not all are going to know it. I do know that your father is going to need to see for himself that you are ok along with your Mother.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Jonathan Connor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am

I am supposed to make sure nothing happens to you and look at you Kira. I know you can not walk I do not need to be told because my legs and all feel strange. What were you thinking trying to take her on like that. You should have waited til we could all help. Dominic well let's just say Dominic is not doing well with this at all. He is doing what needs to be done though. With all that is going on Kira I think we are headed for a big war. I know the healers said nothing can be done somethings need to be healed on their own. Benny carried you all the way home too he is ok his arm needed set and then it was able to be fully healed. How he managed to carry you with his arm like that I am not sure. What is this I heard about you telling them to leave you behind. they would have killed you, not that she did not try anyways with your neck but don't you know I could not survive if something like that happened?

He was sitting with his sister talking with her he had been more than upset about what happened to his sister how could he not be? After all that was going on he knew he needed his sister more than anytime before. He still had Dayle but they were being sent this way and that way. As Aidan said he needed those he could trust the most on things. That meant the Elite that were family were amongst those.

Something is not right with Uncle Losa. It is a bit of a story, Aidan is running things for right now and nothing is to be told to anyone but him or Benny.
User avatar
Jonathan Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Valiant Ethrorrian » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:41 am

Yes it is very important, and so few know about it to make sure my safety is not compromised. I will be careful Soph I always am. I do not take unnecessary risks. I know my Mother would not be able to take it if something happened to me. I also know that you would not either.

He smiled at her and he had her wrapped in his arms and he kissed her. He knew that others in the kingdom would look at her being something below him but he knew truthfully that she was something so much more than what people would think of. They would look at her status and not see much. But if they really took a look at her they would see so much more to her things that he could see.

I love you too Sophie, and I was thinking when this is all over. I was thinking maybe you would marry me? I mean that is if you want to


He got really quiet again he had thought about it and thought about her a lot. He knew there was going to be no one else like her for him and he smiled thinking about her and thinking about them. She did understand him better than most anyone and he knew that he was not going to find anyone else like her.
User avatar
Valiant Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Xavier Williams » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:55 pm

I am going to do all that I can to help our family. Even that grumpy ass uncle of yours. We do not know how any of this is going to come out. But I really think you and Stryder needs to make amends nothing is worse than losing someone and having things left in turmoil. Just in case. I know he has been an ass to me, but he has got better. You really need to make things right with him Genna. I know why you did what you did in lying to him. But it is time for this all to end. It is not good to have it continue on.

He smiled up at her and kissed her. His arms brought her around to his lap and he smiled at her.

We all know how dangerous times can be but what needs to be done needs to be done. I know all about my recovery about and about scars. I also know about the scars of the night I begged you to leave me be and let me go through it alone. I will never forget those ones.


His smile was rather a sad one he knew what he was about to help with was going to change their lives for at least awhile. He leaned his head against hers.

If for some reason this goes all wrong you know where to meet me.

He had a cabin that they all went to, Genna, Phillip and him. No one really knew about it, it is where he knew he could be safe during a change also. It was set back in a place unless you knew what you were looking for it would not be found.
User avatar
Xavier Williams
Stablehand
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Alistar Runtsor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm

I will leave one of the guard here to watch over Katie Joy and make sure nothing is to happen to her. When you leave from the Hall one will go with you as well. We are not allowing anyone to go anywhere unaccompanied after what happened. I know how to run as well but walking is better and since coming out of the problem I had, I want to take a break from all those things.

He walked along side her, he was grinning she did not know who he was and that was to his advantage.

Stryder is always doing as asked, he is good to have around. He has been taking on a lot lately with all that happened. You know he has always thought of himself as being the great protector of the family. Has he told you what has been going on here? He has not seemed much like himself as of late and I do worry he has taken on too much at one time.
User avatar
Alistar Runtsor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:55 pm

So there it was happening right in front of our disbelieving faces, the war that would be the beginning of the end of life as we knew it. We all knew that it was coming, the war that is, what we didn't know was just how far we would all be pushed to our limits, how stretched we would all become in our efforts to hold onto what was rightfully ours, what was started long ago by the blood, sweat and tears of the Connor clan, the legacy that had lived on through the efforts, the blood sweat and tears of Shadows, Deamons, Ethrorrians, Lockhearts and Ryders alike. There was one thin line, one invisible strand holding us all together though we had been scattered to all corners of the world, call it self preservation. We became hunted as our allies came under attack, but there were still safe havens in the world that our enemies knew nothing about and it was to those sanctuaries we fled to regroup, count or losses, lick our wounds... it was in these sanctuaries that we picked up the pieces of our shattered world and we started to rebuild... stronger... better...

Lady Kaitlyn?... Kaitlyn... Katie Joy!
Bright blue eyes looked up from the tome, a guilty smile crept to pink lips and a delicate hand pulled loose strands of hair back behind an ear so softly pointed that it was almost impossible to tell there was a drop of elven blood in the girl. She set the tome down in her lap having marked the page she was on and looked up at the man who had called her, he was not alone which explained why he was calling her by the title that she said, if she needed to be called by any title at all, it was what she preferred.
What is it my lord?
He crouched down in front of her, his own blue eyes searching her face, touching her very soul, his hand went to her hand atop the tome running the pad of his thumb over her smooth skin causing a slight shiver to run down her spine. His tone dropped down to barely a whisper.
My lady... we've found them...

***

You are not who concerns me beloved, I know you will do everything that is humanly possible for you to do, I do not doubt that and I would never doubt that.
Iliana was starting to sit up when she was overcome by the sights and sounds of a time she thought she was well passed, but when the scene of her test moved through her mind she froze except for her hand that reached out taking James hand. The vision played out quickly and when the last scene faded the result was still the same, the choice made had gone unchanged. She was shaking by the time it ended and she turned to James no longer caring that she needed to leave. If her vision was correct that morning would be the last she would see of James Kensington alive and she could not help but think it was the will of the gods as punishment for a broken vow. She could not tell James what she saw, trying to change the outcome could bring ruin to all their futures, to the world as they knew it but why she asked herself over and over why must he be the one that is lost for the good of the many? She knew why, it was her darkness, by loving her he was touched by it and now he would pay. Forcing herself not to panic Iliana moved out of the bed and with her eyes locked on James she removed every stitch of clothing she wore and slipped back into bed beside him taking him in her arms and kissing him as if it were the last time... if her vision was correct, which they were more often right than wrong... that morning would be the last time she would know what it felt to be loved, both body and soul. When the kiss broke she put her fingers over his mouth, dark curls fell over her shoulders spilling all around them.
Don't ask.. don't say anything at all unless it's to tell me how you love me James. When I leave here those are the last words I want to hear.
User avatar
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Cyranda » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Walking is better.
Cyranda Jane looked at Losa like he had fallen out of a tree and smacked his head a little too hard. Since when was walking ever better than running for him or any of his blood? They all preferred running from the oldest to the youngest. That one ordinary statement made Pixie pause and look back towards the lake. She saw Katie Joy looking at her shaking her head and arguing with the guard that had been left behind with her. Something about Losa was not right, she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Cyranda wished that Stryder would come popping out of the shadows and then she would know everything was all right. Taking a breath to keep herself from overreacting, a little voice inside her told her to stay calm to act as if nothing out of the ordinary had been said. When Losa started making comments about her husband that's when she knew that something was really off about him, no one knew Stryder Joseph Deamons like she did and the only thing that was odd about his behavior was that no one had died by his hand yet as a result of Cori being taken.

Stryder has always done what he's needed to for our family even without being asked so it shouldn't surprise anyone that hes doing so much now. Not that he's too thrilled with not being home after all that bullshit with that bastard and what happened in Truth, but at least he was home for Saydies rites and he should be home again soon. I don't know what you're talking about though, he's more like the Stryder I first fell in love with now than he has been in awhile, you know he tries to behave, I'm always on his ass about being so moody and growling all the time, hell he's got the baby growling at people now, the point is he thrives in these situations and it's a good outlet for him too... one that doesn't break furniture or walls, just peoples faces. I would think that he knows whats going on here, why?
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
User avatar
Cyranda
Stablehand
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kira Connor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Oh sure rub it in Jon. There's a war coming and I'm stuck. Hey I have an idea.. you can prop me up in a chair near the window and I can just sit and throw daggers all day long... or I could use a bow, I'm not too bad with a bow.
As Errol had done with her before Kira was now trying to make light of the situation for her brothers sake, she had never seen Jonathan looking so defeated, yes she did, when she had almost died those years before. A look of pure annoyance came across her face and she even managed a pout.
Leave it to me to pick now as the time to tangle with that bloodsucking bitch, I'm going to miss out on all the fun aren't I? Well you'll just have to kill twice as many then now won't you?
Her expression changed turning serious and she put her hand in his.
Before there was our parents, before Brady, and Errol, before there was Dayle, even before there was the Elite and before we knew the true extent of what it meant to be of Connor blood, in the heavens before we were even born we have always been Jonathan, we have always protected each other, have always known what the other was thinking without so much as saying a word, we have always been linked, our bond is one few understand... and because of that I am counting on you to believe me when I tell you that no matter what happens I will never really ever leave you Kris. I could no more survive without you than you could survive without me. What did mama always say? One heart... one soul... two bodies... twin flames born from the same fire. Now l have something I need for you to do for me Jonathan. I need you to listen and I need you to understand. Lindsey is our sister by our father, but you know as well as I that blood does not always mean anything... you have to know what I know Kris, you have to tell Aidan...
Kira went on telling her brother everything she knew, all that she had heard leaving nothing out, even the smallest of detail could be important and she knew that no one but Jonathan would be able to repeat what she said word for word. When she was through she sighed and fell back against the pillows, retelling everything from the time she woke up at Aquamarine to the time she woke up at the Hall had taken more out of her than she thought it would. She closed her eyes for a split second and opened them fast when she heard Jonathan start to jump up. She smiled at him weakly and shook her head slightly.
I mean it... everything is going to be okay, it's going to take time but all wrongs will be righted... how can they not be... we aren't just Elite after all... we're Connors. Now give your sister a kiss and go do what she's told you to before you make me get out of this bed and kick your backside.
User avatar
Kira Connor
Stablehand
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users