by Raynalia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:48 am
Sitting in the branches of the tree outside the room the elf cut away slices of apple leaning over to feed one to the man leaning in the window sill. Her legs were dangling down like she was sitting on a swing, the sun was just starting to rise to kiss the world awake with its rays of light. They should have been tired, their night had not been one filled with rest at all, but the elf felt more awake, more aware, more alive than she had in so long there was no room for sleep. When the first hints that dawn was drawing near came, the elf climbed out of the window to watch the world, Valiant would have broken a few branches she thought but then again maybe not. She was close enough reach out and touch him where he stood in the window. Hell that man was breathtaking, she was more than happy with the view his naked torso provided. More than that she was finally finding her peace, her somewhere she belonged that she thought was lost to the likes of her, but that man changed everything when he gave up more gold than most could make in a lifetime for her, when he guarded her emotions from hateful words and uncalled for attacks, when he protected her physically, when he accepted her imperfections and all and let her be herself. But most of all when he loved her for who and what she was without judgments or expectations. Rayne had always been so set in her ways, there was only one other time she had felt exactly what she was feeling now, only one other time that the subtle changes were happening. Once upon a time Gabriel had been able to reach her, to touch that part of her no other could even find. She thought that part of her was lost, but then she was dropped into Valiants world and he found her again. Leaning over she didn't say a word, she kissed him then the words started.
You know what? I could get used to this. Quiet mornings with my husband saying anything at all or nothing at all, sometimes nothing needs to be said does it? I wish we could stay this way today but there is so much that Kiara is going to need help with. You don't mind helping out do you A'maelamin? I already know you'll say you'll help with whatever I need but it's still only right to ask. I've been thinking about something else too. What's going to happen if I really settle down and you miss the wild elf? It's happened you know. I actually settled down and became sare I say it... somewhat proper. I don't think I could ever be entirely proper, but still what if you don't like the me I could be now that I know, now that I've found where I belong Astald?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong