by Eisheth » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 pm
The thing is you want a yes or no answer to a complicated question.
Widow scouted. She got caught. She sent a scribe saying she was looking for cash. Then TGH got looted hard core (Or so they say, I don't know. I don't care. Not MY faith) so they took it as an act of war against them. Did they have a right to be butthurt about it? Yes they did. Did they HAVE to hit you guys? No, they didn't. But it doesn't make them wrong either.
I don't have to like it, none of us do. But this lays at the feet of Widow being caught scouting, then admitting the intent to steal had she not been caught.
All of us are broke from this war. Ordo and DEM were locked in a nasty fight, looking to be a drag out bout to the bottom of the ranks before it was over. The difference is that we were smart enough to steal cash only from DEM who had, possibly, looted it elsewhere and because of that we put on one hell of a rally tonight. (And a scummer in our guild who was untouched and had a butt ton of cash to spread around) I told Seska not to beat himself up over first strike that we weren't beaten and we could pull this into a win. I was right, tonights strike went perfect for us and we managed to do some heavy damage.
No matter what reasoning everyone THINKS TGH had for attacking DEM it can still be laid at Widow's feet. I honestly believe had she scribed and said "Ooops! got excited and hit a 5 instead of a 3." Zann might have warned them instead of planting both boots up DEMs ass for being arrogant enough to think telling a potentially dangerous enemy you had intended to rob them was going to make them shrug their shoulders. What Widow did was hand TGH the perfect excuse to do exactly what they did.
So quit bitching about it. Fight or ask for peace but learn from it and move on. Quitting over it's stupid and likely to bring moral down in DEM when what's needed now is for the guild to band together and get past it, work through the age and come out stronger and wiser.
If you quit Talon, you can't lay it at TGH's feet at all. Think about that. You quit on Widow who I'm sure feels pretty bad about it and could use a friend to say "It's okay, everyone fucks up."
Just a thought. Not the simple yes and no answer you wanted, I know, but an honest one.
<Seska>Its just that I'm so lucky to have a guild full of blood thirsty savages to work with, so everyone thinks stupid and insane and violent is good.
I carry Kain in my heart
Co-GM of DR/Ordo