Potentia in Pondera (MTS RP)

The Strength of Tradition - A roleplay forum based within the Empire, where the young Lord Barnabas is coming to power

Potentia in Pondera (MTS RP)

Postby Allure Montezuma » Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 pm

ZING!

The arrow broke loose from the bow in the flash of the eye. A missile of death straight and true to it’s target, detouring at the last moment, hitting an overturned wagon instead of the bulls-eye on the hay bale it had been coursing towards.

Male laughter erupted nearby.

Flashing grey eyes, the colour of the heavens right before a storm, turned in a flurry of red hair as the “archer” let loose a series of expletives. A slender foot encased in shiny black leather kicked at the sand in front of her, as a delicate hand angrily loosened the ties that held the magnificent cloak at her throat.

Removing the heavy blade that hung at her side, much too effortlessly for a female of her slight built and size, she angrily moved towards the bale of hay and slashed it, cutting through it smoothly, until the blade stuck. GREAT BLAZING HEAVENS!!! This was too much!

Falling to the ground, she held her head in her hands as the laughter from her companion exploded wholeheartedly.

Really Allure, the male said between hearty guffaws.

You must not attack everything as if it were a do-or-die situation. Your problem, is that you are too impetous, too volatile, too anxious, AND YOU . .. are . . not . .. an ... archer.

OH SHUT UP!!, she exclaimed, slapping her hand against the dirt ground, bringing it to her chest the next second as the sting forced tears to her eyes.

Her temper tantrum soon turned to horror as she felt her body picked up from the ground and roughly thrown over a strong shoulder. Fists pounding against his back and legs kicking she demanded to be put down!!

HELL'S GATE! You will put me down THIS INSTANT!! DO YOU HEA-

The remainder of the words were lost in a splutter of coughing as she was unceremoniously dumped into a water trough.

AAAAARRRRRRGH, she managed as she kicked and splashed water at the cretin who had dared, only to be rewarded again by the deep laughter.

I do hope you will be changing into something more suitable when you take your place at the head of our armies, said a cool voice from the side, casting a sobering mood upon the scenen. Allure glanced guiltily at her cousin as he walked towards them, pursing her lips in thought.

Are we ready then?, She queried somberly, sitting still, the cold water about her all but forgotten.

The question, my dear, is more likely to be 'Are YOU ready'?

Allure shrugged, much preparation had been done in the months before to ready all for the journey north. She had needed a day of rest. So she had taken the opportunity to practice archery, who was he to question what she did?

I would not be their leader if I wasn't, dear cousin, she remarked pointedly, reminding him that it was SHE in charge, not him. It was Allure who had chosen to join forces with 2 other nobles in bringing balance to the chaos in the North. The lands had been bought, the building had started. The Valley they had first encountered when they first ventured forth was now a bustling center of activity, for 3 keeps were going up with no expense spared. The houses in the nearest city were being furnished even now as she prepared for the journey.

She extended both arms and both men came forth to help her out. She was to meet the other 2 Nobles in half a day, their armies co-mingling as they finished the last part of their journey, thousands strong, many with families in tow. Outside her kin, few would ever see a side of Allure that was not in control, few would see anything but a cool head, a swift blade, and a steady determination.

Yes, she was ready.
Allure is just another word for Temptation
Morituri Te Salutamus
Nobody lives forever
Allure Montezuma
Stablehand

Re: Potentia in Pondera (MTS RP)

Postby Karuthma Shey » Sat May 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Really you old goat can't you do anything without my supervision? spoke the elf heatedly. If you don't calm down you won't be able to control the shifts. I thought I taught you better you damned fool! yelled the old centaur. The elf began to pace through the stables of his keep. Already he was loosing control and changing back into his vampire form. His hair was turning from a bright silver to a blueish black. His skin had began to change from the beautiful shade of almond to a ghostly white. His eyes were the final thing to change in the few short moments. They became a dark shade of red and continued to brighten as his anger grew. Well boy I suppose that if thats the form you want than you should change out of you high priest garb and into the livelry of the EATER that you were. the old centaur spoke as he hung his head to the ground shaking it in disaproval. I am no longer and EATER but I guess you are right I should change into something more becoming a vampire than that of my old form. I guess I should be thankful that at least I did not change into the beast this time. Ohh well I expect my horse to be saddled by the time I return you old goat. If it is not I shall place you back into the myst were I found you. The vampire said as he turned on his heels. Well, well if he thinks that I will go back there then he can forget it. He forgets whose magick broke him out of that damned prison. I wonder what he says when he gets to the valley and sees his son. My poor old grandson removed from this house because his father is a fool of an elf. the centaur thought as he saddled the vampires horse.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

MTS
Karuthma Shey
Stablehand

Postby Squee » Sat May 31, 2008 4:27 pm

The Council of the Fallen had been good to Squee and his family. He had joined them in many a battle riding by his father’s side, and in some instances with himself in the lead. However Squee is now at the age where it was time to find his own place in the world. It was time to leave the shelter of home.

Today was departure day. Squee had already gathered loyal friends to come with him to week out the future. There they were, in the courtyard of his father’s castle, loading up their horses and carts with all the supplies they could carry. For all the people that were there, things were really quiet. Squee had made sure that each man understood what they were doing was dangerous and unknown. They’re survival was going to be dependent on their faith. Each man was clearly pondering his past and future. The tense air was heavy on their shoulders trying to get them to reconsider leaving the safety of their home. And so each man worked quietly taking care of the last minute details.

Having just finished tying up his equipment onto his horse, Squee walked over to his father who had been watching the final preparations all morning.

It’s time father.

Yes it is. If you ever need anything you know where to find me.

Yes I do father.

And so the two stood side by side in silence not quite sure of what else to say.

Finally the last man was finished. Squee gave his father a hug and then walked back to his horse and mounted up. Knowing that it could be years before he returned, Squee took a long surveillance of this castle while his men said goodbye to their own friend’s and family.

Finally Squee gave the order and the group mounted and started their journey. Each man seemingly taking a short pause as they went through the castle gates.
Squee
Pickpocket

Postby Rafael Montezuma » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Rafael Montezuma was a man given to very little worrying about the future. He had turned 201 the previous year, and while that was young for an elf, he realized that it was time he started thinking about the legacy he would one day be known for. Therefore, when the opportunity came to ride out with his cousin Allure to the great unknowns, he was ready. Well alright, so there was much known, and he did obviously worry about the future or he would not be contemplating leaving the comfort and conveniences of his family's wealth. So here he was, listening to the old Abbot going on and on. More accurately, giving a blessing to those leaving, but there was so much he could be doing to finish preparations for the journey.

Rafael looked about him, to those that would be embarking on this journey with him. His cousin Allure sat at the front of the Chapel as always, more so that she would not be distracted by the masses, but also because there she did her best thinking, under the guise of paying rapt attention. Clever that one, setting herself up as the head of their new holdings, and 30 years younger than him to boot! That should trouble him more than it did really, but he was perfectly content to leave the headaches of running a compound to Allure, her temperament and strict upbringing was more suited to the task.

He was startled out of his musings by those around him getting to their feet. Standing, he was able to hear the last of the Abbot's words:

May the Lord of our heritage guide you and keep you in your journeys. May the weather favour your passage, may you carry in your hearts truth and justice in equal measures. And may you realize that in order for good to exist, it's evil is also represented. Your journey is not about eradicating evil, your journey is to sift through the muck that is the hindrance to finding a balance between them. May this purpose keep you righteous in your battles. Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au'.

My heart will weep until it sees the again. The Abbot's last words brought forth a subtle chuckle from Rafael. How often he had said those same words these last days.
Of all the lives I've known, this is not really all that different.
Morituri Te Salutamus
There's ALWAYS someone faster with a bow.
Rafael Montezuma
Stablehand

Postby Shifty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:07 pm

It had been nearly a decade since Shifty stepped foot near these lands, a drop in the bucket in the life of a Drow but a period long enough to see many substantial changes take place all the same. Gone were most of the noble warrior Lords of the past, gone were the customs and panache of those said Lords and gone was the one who forced him to leave.

Shifty sat tall on his warhorse, a cool breeze that flitted through his hair and cloak betrayed the only sign of motion. He watched as his troops not so much marched as ambled passed. The disorganized manner in which they moved was deceptive indeed. This was no rabble but rather a highly efficient killing machine. You would find no armored knights atop huge overly excitable stallions, no tight groups of marching archers, and no uniformly dressed infantry with battle standards raised proudly.

Nay, you would find none of that in Shifty's "army".

The casual observer, should they survive this armies passing, might suggest that a barbarian horde had cut through the lands. They look to be savages, hundreds of them, all races, creeds and colors. Their clothes are a hodgepodge of colors, style and state of repair. The only common denominator among them is the bright steal they all carried. Daggers, falchions, scimitars, broadswords, epees, dirks, flails, axes... you name it, it was there. The craftsmanship proving that this swath or humanoids have come from many different kingdoms. Few men could keep such a crew together and loyal, Shifty was one of them.

A trail of dust announced the return of a scout, still a few miles off Shifty cantered in his direction, determined to meet him and obtain the information he was eaglery awaiting.

Soon he would find some civilization; soon his men would taste the blood he had promised them.

Soon, heathens would die...
Shifty
Peasant

Postby Shifty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 pm

"M'lord," the scout began. "Cities beyond the next ridge, yellow banners fly above their ramparts."

"So, followers of Leto then," Shifty thought to himself, visions of the youngest gods armies and the many battles he had fought against them still, somehow, fresh in his mind.

"Have they spotted us yet?" Shifty asked.

"I do not think so M'lord, their cities seem incomplete. The walls are not very tall, the structures inside are in various states of construction."

"How far?"

"A half days march at most."

"You there, boy," Shifty yelled to one of the many pages that hovered nearby awaiting orders. "Go find Lt. Crag and get him here, five minutes ago!" The page ran off, wading into the main body of the horde. "A half days march, if we can keep them from alerting their neighbors we might be able to rout more than one of these fledgling cities... he murmured to himself."

Am extremely long ten minutes later Crag presented himself to Shifty. Crag, a half-giant, was ugly even for his mixed heritage. At an even eight feet tall he was at eye level to Shifty even while mounted. What he passed off for a shirt was nothing more than the colorful roof from some unlucky merchants’ tent haphazardly sewn into a ragged semblance of sleeves with a hole hastily torn in the center for his head. From his side hung a huge 3 headed mace, the wicked spikes so bent and misshapen that it made one shiver to think of what its target might have looked like. The scars of many battles criss cross Crag's body like a map of some region with a thousand rivers and a huge repulsive swatch of mottled flesh has replaced a good portion of his scalp where his hair had once been.

Crag smiled, showing that most of his teeth were missing, and the ones that weren't were black and brown with rot.

"Lt. Crag reporting as ordered, General,"

His words were somehow eloquent, educated, not the unintelligible drivel that you would expect when looking at him.

"Crag, there is a city over that ridge, I don't want them to see us coming. Take a handpicked crew and make sure they don't. Do whatever you need to do to assure this."

His smile widened, "Consider it done, your lordship."

By the gods his breath was horrific. "Never a doubt in my mind, Crag, enjoy your little foray. Just wait for us before you storm the city, I don't care how many virgins you think you may see!"

Bowing his head slightly, his smile dissipating somewhat at these words, Crag moved off and began barking orders. Soon after a motley group of soldiers were veering off toward the ridge.

Shifty looked up, the sun was low on the horizon, it would soon be dark. If they started now they would make it to the ridge before midnight. How convenient…
Shifty
Peasant

Postby Alasen Montezuma » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:34 pm

Dear Cassimir,

Allure is EVIL! She makes me ride in the wagons instead of up with her! We've traveled for days and I have hardly seen any of the countryside! When we stopped to rest the horses, I got out to look around and got the hem of my dress caught, tearing it a little. When I told Allure, she used it as yet another excuse as to why I should not be on horseback! She is absolutely horrid! I am a Montezuma too, and she treats me WORSE than one of the servants! She even makes me go with the other women to bathe in rivers! Would it be so hard to set up a private bath for the ladies? She said yes and told me to get over it. OVER IT!! She sounded so . ..so . .. so HUMAN!

Uncle would be so displeased with her. I HEARD him tell her that she needed to watch out for me. You know what she said? She said if I needed watching out for, I should not be on this campaign! Wretched! And she thinks she can tell me what to do all the time! She makes me wash out my own clothes and wash my own eating utensils! It makes me want to cry!

I hope I die on this miserable journey. Then she will be sorry she treats me so badly!

I really miss snuggling with you Cassimir. I do hope cook is taking good care of you! I miss you so much my little friend!
Morituri Te Salutamus
Anar calúva tielyanna
The sun shall shine over your path
Alasen Montezuma
Stablehand

Postby Shifty » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:47 pm

I belly crawled to the rim of the ridge. A jolt of anxiety shot through my body as I peaked over the side and got my first glimpse of the city. City, I thought, was not an accurate way to describe this encampment. Structures were being hastily built within a palisade assembled mostly from lashed trees. Tents were more plentiful than roofs, more smoke came from dying campfires than chimneys.

When I was a boy my father took me to a mining camp, this reminded me more of that than any city I had ever visited.

Several watch towers had also been hastily assembled at varying intervals along the wall, I could see no watchmen in them however…

A slight rustle from below caught my attention and I looked down just in time to see Crag snap the neck of some poor patrolman. Was it possible that they did have some semblance of an army here after all?

A tap on my shoulder returned me to reality. Shifty was silently signaling the men, groups started to move off in different directions. Our intention was clearly to surround the compound before moving in.

Dead men tell no tales.

I was pulled into a unit that would move into a flanking position on a hill directly below us. Like a nest of snakes we quietly slithered into position, I moved towards a boulder I had seen earlier thinking it would make good cover. A short time later I knelt behind the rock scanning the inside of the compound. Some movement near one of the few completed buildings drew my attention. A massive figure had emerged from the doorway to what must have been a barracks. It had taken only 3-4 steps then it stopped suddenly and sniffed the air.

I wasn’t the only one who saw this, Crag did as well…
Shifty
Peasant

Postby Kyhera » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:24 am

The assassin moved cautiously into the darkened chamber. He had taken this assignment with much trepidation, knowing full well the reputation of his mark. She was a mage of war, a drow that looked nothing like the drow.

“Drow!”, he spat the word. How he hated their arrogant ways, their actions of superiority. Still, even he had to concede that in the ways of magic and combat, none were more worthy adversaries. He snarled as he turned his attention back to the hand at task. He had been assured that all would go as planned, and the hefty bag of coins had reinforced the encouragement.

Looking about the chamber, his eyes lit upon the massive bed in the middle of the room. His mark rested, unaware of the assassin that had come to seal her fate. He moved forward, noticing the soft rise and fall of her chest, one slender leg thrown outside the covers. He moved his eyes up to her face, taking in the delicate features, lips parted slightly, inviting even in deep sleep. He noticed one arm flung over her head, the hand resting palm upward upon the plump pillows. The other arm rested about her waist, under the covers. He softly let out a breath as he took in the gossamer gown she wore that gave her an otherworldly appearance. Lust lit his eyes as he drank her in.

Would it matter that he helped himself to another form of payment before performing his deed? His employers had specified nothing other than demanding proof of her death. His decision, and his mistake, was made in that instance. Sheathing his blade, he leaned forward confidently, making the sudden entrance of the stiletto knife into his throat that much more shocking. His hands flew to his throat, as he gasped for air that no longer would travel that course. He moved back, only to find the same slender leg he had admired earlier holding him in a steel grip. Still uncomprehending, he looked down at the female.. Cold green eyes shimmering with the telltale red heat of the infravision unique to the drow, looked calmly into his owns as he felt the knife being twisted deeper. He opened his lips to speak, but his ears only heard the gurgling sound a drowning man makes. The merciful hand of death chose that moment to end his confusion, and he pitched forward, lifeless.

Kyhera pushed the body off her own, frowning at the bloodstains that now permeated the fine linens of her bed. Taking one of the soiled sheets, she wrapped it around the would-be killer’s throat as she mentally prioritized her actions. Removing the body from the bed, she dragged it to the stone-floored balcony, leaving it to the servants to deal with later.

She moved back into the room, making her way to a large armoire. Pulling open the large doors, she took down her scrying bowl, settling it on a heavy oak table. She paused and closed her eyes, feeling her energy focus inward as her magic scanned her keep thoroughly. A guard at the 4th tower pitched forward, dead of a massive heart attack. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes, satisfied that the betrayal within her walls had been confined to that one guard.

Much later she felt the first rays of a new day’s sun caress her hair, and still she sat there. The scrying bowl had told her nothing, indicating that whoever wanted her dead had assured themselves of a powerful cloak against magic.

“Not powerful enough”, she mused, looking over at the dead body in the balcony.

Dismissing the incident from her mind, she began to dress. Rafael Montezuma had sent a messenger that he and Allure wished to meet with her soon. He went on to say that they would arrive within the week, as their home in the city had been readied, and their lands adjoining hers were almost complete. "So the Montezumas come to us," she thought to herself. Things had been rather droll around here lately.
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
Kyhera
Peasant

Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Postby Squee » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:07 am

The group had been traveling for several days now. Interestingly not one person was thinking about the place they came from, rather all focus was on what was ahead. The strangeness of the lands was exhilarating and fascinating. The foliage and wildlife was completely new to most of travelers. Squee as having trouble keeping people moving as there was a tendency to slow down to admire and investigate the new surroundings.

Squee knew he was nearing the location of Allure Montezuma. She had sent word that fertile land was found and there for the taking. An alliance was proposed so that they could take the lands and keep them as their own. The group would reach their destination tomorrow and finally meet up with their allies. Squee already knew some faces, such as Shifty and Redbaron. They too were traveling and looking for new adventures. There were unfamiliar faces as well.

Morituri Te Salutamus. Only time would tell how the alliance would fare, but Squee couldn’t help but smile pondering their potential.
Squee
Pickpocket

Postby Nymphsong » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:49 pm

A cool drizzle fell from overhead to thru the tree limbs and onward onto guardian, the guardian of the forests, as the tales had always proclaimed, a half elf half nymph with the calm nature of the elf entertwined with the unbound spirit of the Fey Nymph. A creature so beautiful and and so graceful...others would quiver at his true sight.

Nymphsong prayed to the Gods, not one, but all, some would call this blasphemy, others insane. How could all three Gods answer the same prayer when at least two were either false or completely insane in their teachings, yet he prayed.

The lands were drained, the warmongers were moving on, they had...lost their faith, the lords, and ladies whom had once numbered in the thousands had now dwindled to the mere hundreds, perhaps the Gods had lost the vision needed to guide the people to their "greater plan." Nymphsong knew he had a destiny to save the elves and sylvan forests from utter devastation, but at what loss? Many friends and allies had come and now...gone...their lust for war faded as the reasons for war.

"Leto, Barnabas, Angelique, HEAR ME!!! I would give every acre in my kingdom for the return of those I have lost...friend and enemy alike. Are you so prideful of Gods that you would sacrifice every mortal who worships you to justify your right to power?"

The tears in Nymphs eyes fell down his face as the tears from the clouds above quenched the world around him. Nature and Nymph were intertwined in fate...both swollen with defeat. The lands were decimated by in the incessant devastation from warlords leading their armies over them consuming every natural resource around for but one purpose, war.

"What can I do?" "How can I save my people and unite us?" "When all you care about is your own purposes, how can I do anything?"

"I have served under all your banners now in search for some purpose, guidance, wisdom, in a way to fulfill my purpose. I have served your goals and ideals. Yet in all of this, I have found your guidance lacking? Why is this? I thought the Gods were to assist us mortals in seeing our purpose? Why have thou forsaken us? ...me..."

Nymph continued into the night, shivering with cold, who would answer the call, if not the Gods, then who? Who could guide his hand to his destiny? Confusion was a constant, who could he find to help him? He had forgone all the pleasures of men for this journey...to still be no where...goosebumps ran down his spine...if only one would join his call, could a man without faith or calling have a new kindle of light in his heart?

"I have given so much and seen nothing but confusion!" Nymph retired to his treehouse...perhaps a stranger or friend... would arrive to help him in his journey...so many aliases of previous use were no longer needed...guise would not bring renewed fortune...only truth...and honesty starting with him.
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Peasant

Postby Allure Montezuma » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm

The Montezumas were a proud family. Any taken into their ranks were treated as such, their well being mattered. But any taken into their ranks knew that the "family" was not one consisting of pampered children. They fought because they aimed to bring balance into chaotic times. Every wrong they attempted to right came with a price. The price was all too oft steep for those that had to pay it. Whether the loss of a parent, a son, a daughter, or a home, the price was more than many were willing to give; the Montezumas were well aware that any that threw their lot in with theirs was deemed worthy to be there.

No one went to war because they wanted to, that was not the nature of the elves. If possible they would rather use talk to work out differences and arrive at solutions. But the elves were not the only ones to walk these lands, and so they were forced to mar the beauty of the world with the ugliness of war. It was a necessary tool in obtaining what they sought most, peace. What an irony!

They were within a day's journey to their final destination. The camp had been struck and everyone was preparing to ride out for the last few hours before they arrived at their new home. Home, what an unknown. Allure knew that their dwellings were almost complete, that they would not be arriving at lands devoid of buildings. They traveled forth, to fight with those that fought under the principles of Barnabas. They were to fight for balance between good and chaos. Protectors of the downtrodden, adhering to laws that governed their people. You might even say they fought for the longing of ages past.

Perhaps they were lambs riding into slaughter, upholding ideals that no one recognized anymore. But only time would tell, for now they rode unaware of anything but what was in their hearts, and their minds, the lessons they had been taught time and time again.

Be fair . . .

Be just . . .

Be honest . . .

They were not warmongers.
Allure is just another word for Temptation
Morituri Te Salutamus
Nobody lives forever
Allure Montezuma
Stablehand

Postby Orcus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:15 pm

Upon the sands of the arena, lie five distinct pieces of matching armor. They were scarred and tinted black with silver trim, marred with blood and worn from use. A bleached white skeleton lay separated between them, equally as marred and but also cracked, cleaved into several pieces.

Before this grisly scene, a army of no less then thirty warriors stood, spears raised. Fear shown in their eyes, their shields raised high.

Nothing happened. An errant breeze wafted through, yes, but armor, and it's hapless, decimated inhabitant reacted just as you'd expect a skeleton to - which is to say, it just stared at them through empty sockets.

The crowd began to chant. A name, through the accent was thick and the audience was not on beat. It was a whisper at first, and then louder and louder it came. Feet began to stomp, shifting the sand, giving an ominous thrum thrum to the tense scene.

Then, the chants died off. They had spotted what they wished to see, something which caused the small army to subconsciously shift back, to grip their weapons with white knuckles. The skeleton was moving, combining, sand falling and pooling beneath. Buckles came together, broken or not, and strapped leather in place. Metal turned from dull to a bloody sheen, and the socketed eyes now towered at six feet.

"I.. am Orcus." A voice breathed, but the jaw sticking beneath the helmet did not move. His axe came up above his head, it's blade chipped but regaining it's edge with each second. The crowd knew it's cue, they rose to their feet and began their stomping once again.

The warrior army broke rank as each individual realized they were no match for whatever thing this was, the bravery of the day before at their signing suddenly gone. It didn't matter. The arena gates were closed, and it was far too late for these men.

It only took a few minutes, a time with cool emotionless precision. The sand clumped with blood, and the crowd's gleeful stomping was at times, momentarily drowned out with horrible cries of fear and pain. When it was over, there was silence one more time, as Orcus raised his axe again.

They expected Orcus to return to the sand for which he had come, an eternal gravestone that had existed here for at least a century, awaiting foolish men with too much pride. He did not, not this time. Instead, his gloved hand came downward, upon one of the fresh bodies. A paper had caught in vision, now barely legible due to blood's stains.

"M.. T.. S.. " He noted hauntingly to himself. His voice did not carry to the crowd. Yet his next statement did. "These men fight for Barnabas!" He shouted, and the crowd mummered in confusion. Again a whisper to himself. "And this is an invitation. Perhaps I shall take it, mayhaps.. fighting the those of Angelique and Leto shall sate my sword's lust for blood. Perhaps.. it shall be a challenge."

The staff at the arena knew better then to keep closed gates that Orcus choose to go through, and the metal lifted obligingly when he approached. It closed behind him, this sudden change of behavior of the .. thing.. causing those inside not to question, merely remain silent to see what he would do. Orcus continued on.

"To this place this notice suggests, I shall join their ranks." He told a man walking upon the road just on the outside, dead eyes staring at the horse the man held. No matter what he wanted, however, the horse was having none of what was about to happen. It bucked and tried to break free - but was halted by Orcus's fist upon it's throat. Within a minute it stopped it's struggling, and fall half limp - before lifting again to it's feet.

It's eyes were now white, and it's coat assumed matting as if it had recently arisen from a grave. Orcus turned to it's owner, only to find the man had long since left. Still, he dropped a pair of gold on the ground.. and mounted his new stead.

"Bring me to this place on this notice." He showed the note to the horse momentarily, and did not take the reins. The horse would know, it's sense of it's new master's desires as strong as it's own.

It turned, and the voyage began.
"His death came one fateful day at the Colosseum, and yet, so strong was his desire for blood that he kept on fighting. No one quite remembers what his name is, and it is doubtful that even he cares any longer."
Orcus
Stablehand

Return to Within the Empire