~VV~ Velkyn Velve

- A place to put out a roll call for a long lost guild, and for long lost members to catch up.

Moderator: Voice Stone

Postby Calbrenar » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:00 pm

I honestly don't remember any of you being in the guild except Stargaze heh
Drow Prince of Gilead
~Ah, Eugénie, have done with virtues! Among the sacrifices that can be made to those counterfeit divinities, is there one worth an instant of the pleasures one tastes in outraging them?
- Marquis De Sade~
User avatar
Calbrenar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Binghamton NY

Postby Ash » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:10 am

Arf, now this brings back memories. ;>

I was in ~VV~ for a couple of ages around Tahnor as well, during Stargazes leadership. Was probably one of my most fond memories of the game.

Others being of course the fun we had in TRC.

By the way, HAY GUISE!
T R C - Drunken Swedish Bastard
Oldschool - The First, the Few, the Furious..
User avatar
Ash
Stablehand
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Outlands

Postby TaninVV » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:27 am

I never would have guessed that I would be posting in a thread with the ~VV~ title after all this time (7~8 years?). A long lost friend unrelated to monarchy remembered my name "Tanin Al Vhor" and did a google search. Based on that, he found some posts I had made a long time ago and found my e-mail....

It was good to speak to him again, but it got me wondering about the boards and the game, and I ended up doing my own search, and found myself here.

Its funny how many of you I -do- remember from ~VV~ (Murchad, Rhuin, Zin, Longtooth, Sien, Elyamak, Zayin, Calbrenar, Stargaze, DS??, Kyhera, Cruella and many more from different guilds and alliances.

Anyone remember some of the events like iparty etc anyone?

Alundra's name comes to mind for some reason.

How about the AngeLeto alliance against Barnabas? Barnabas has dominated througout the ages for so long that the minions of Angelique and Leto conspired to ally together against us. Even with being outnumbered, those loyal to Baranabas fought the good fight, and almost won! Those were some interesting days. I believe the guy everyone loved to hate then was some guy from Quebec who defected to Angelique from Barnabas and orchestrated the whole thing.

I remember many of you from The Black Hand (Elryn, Riddle, Maverick, Von Rex) as well.

For a short period of time, I joined ~RR~ (Romeny Reii if I recall, gypsy lore - Suvantar was a real master at writing) but my heart was always with ~VV~

Whatever happened to sweet Tasha?

The moderators had handles like Saint <name> or something...

Lot of memories of that age. It would take too long to write down.

Amazing what one finds and remembers walking down memory lane. I wish you all the best folks.

Tanin Al Vhor
~VV~
~The Hind Lands~
TaninVV
Stablehand
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:58 am

Postby Venus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:16 am

i remember you:>
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Postby Ash » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:21 am

Dito, think we used to be quadmates at some point under SG's reign. ;>
T R C - Drunken Swedish Bastard
Oldschool - The First, the Few, the Furious..
User avatar
Ash
Stablehand
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Outlands

Postby LeoEire » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:47 pm

VV were my first guild. (Well my second - the first sucked so much I can't remember the name)
I remember there was a woman GM at the time? Cruella? No?
Well she taught me the basics. Then I got killed. Was taking ages to get readmitted so I joined LKA to avoid being bottom fed and never got around to rejoining VV.
Now that was a looong time ago.
lol...
~Lost Knights Alliance~
~D-I-E~
IN MEMORIAM
User avatar
LeoEire
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: BeHiNd YoU..

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Jakpep » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:10 pm

I was a founding member of VV back in the day. I remember a few things, like how annoying Souldemon was...

Those were the days...

Is anyone else still playing that was an actual founding member of VV???
Jakpep
Stablehand
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Maverick » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:51 pm

I dont know who all the founding members of VV are, so I couldnt tell you.

I believe youd be asking about people like Caerlith, Sorn Naerth, Kelfine, Rhuin, etc.

Most of those players have not played in a long time.
I saw my advantage and I took it,
Thats what heroes do.
I <3 Venus. Join the Club!
User avatar
Maverick
Knight
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Kyhera » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:36 am

Don't forget Longtooth. Was Shifty a founding member or did he start in DB? Cause if he was then my memory is not so bad. But if he wasn't, that just made the answer to the PM I sent irrelevant!

Dammit now I am going to waste my morning searching my brain! More coffee must be brewed!!

First a shower. It's pretty bad when the first thing I do after the kids leave for school is check emails and this board. After 8 years gone you would not think it could be 'addicting' again.
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Re:

Postby Kyhera » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:44 am

Khalistov wrote:From my perspective, there were 3 or 4 versions of ~VV~.


With the switch to Mo' Pri, some people tried to claim that the guild was not 'the guild that it used to be', which I disagree with to some extent (although I'll admit that it was a transitional stage for the guild in which many faces changed, and therefore may be called another version of ~VV~). Stargaze and Murchad were still there for a while, as were many others who were in the guild when I had joined. Stargaze faded off and Khyera took over as GM and I took over as AGM. Shortly thereafter I led what could be called a coup and overthrew Khyera because she was dictating to the players who they could and could not RP with. A

Zayin
~VV~


So this is where that 'overthrew' Kyhera comment came from lol. HATER!! :P

No I never dictated who the VV could RP with. What I dictated (yea I am bossy) was that in order to be a member of VV you HAD to RP at least twice a week. I don't remember being overthrown though, I left the reins to Z so I could join Khardin and co in EQ in an RP guild. But it sounds cooler to say I was overthrown I guess. Too bad I missed it :superevil:
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Kyhera » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:14 am

By the way darlin "Jakpep"

The barkeep replied icily

"If my 'lady' " prefers the finer surroundings of an establishment frequented by people of little consequence, she might be wiser to try the tavern down the street. I do hear their patrons are polished in their repertoire, even if a little lacking in the matter that comprises their brains."

The stiletto was out in lightning speed, twirling past his ear before he finished his sentence. Startled, he reached under the counter, only to find his arm stilled by her hand. Her touch was soft, belying the strength those of the Romany Reii were legendary for. Nodding, she indicated for him to turn his gaze behind him. His face paled visibly at the sight of a scarpati pinned beneath the fine blade, its poison stilled forever as its legs moved slowly in its death throes. Turning back to Kyhera, he is left with his mouth partially opened as she walks away, her mind already having dismissed him.

He removes the stiletto, grimacing at the gruesome carcass of the poisonous scarpati, then places it on a tray along with a bottle of his best elven wine, motioning for a serving boy to take to the table Kyhera has claimed as her own this night.

Sighing, he wonders what adventures will reign in his establishment tonite, knowing that if Kyhera is here, more of her type would follow.**


If this is what you are talking about.. I still love you to bits! :)
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Jakpep » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 pm

Ahh, the good old days Ky ;)
Jakpep
Stablehand
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Kyhera » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:56 pm

"PM'd" with Desi

Then Phire!

Now you!!!!! I wanna cry!! *sniff*

It just gets better and better.

Dust off your RP you old scamp!!

*HUGGLES AND SNOGS!*
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Shifty » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Oh yeah mofo's....

Who's ass can I flame first??? :evil:
User avatar
Shifty
Peasant
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Venus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:29 pm

if all u people keep coming back and posting kyhera's gonna be thrilled to death lol:P
and then she will make u rp!
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Kyhera » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 pm

yea but Shifty RPs!! :)

and hell yea I am thrilled ROFL!!
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Squee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:36 pm

yes more characters to mess with kyhera is a good thing :twisted:
Squee
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 pm

I might have been in VV with Cruella as GM, but I don't remember.
If I was, I left because I couldn't get the VV to look good in my signature line.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby SoulDemon » Thu May 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Shifty was not in DB ;>

Only the people who could actually flame were in DB. Everyone else went to VV and "roleplayed".
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Shifty » Fri May 02, 2008 10:50 am

You are right, I was not in DB, but anyone who remembers me knows I can flame...

I even managed to shut James up a few times back in the day ;)
User avatar
Shifty
Peasant
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Maverick » Fri May 02, 2008 11:45 am

SoulDemon wrote:Shifty was not in DB ;>

Only the people who were actually flaming were in DB. Everyone else went to VV and "roleplayed".


Quoted for the truth.
I saw my advantage and I took it,
Thats what heroes do.
I <3 Venus. Join the Club!
User avatar
Maverick
Knight
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby SoulDemon » Fri May 02, 2008 7:28 pm

I'm just joshing with you man.

IMO ~VV~ was just as important as DB. If it wasn't for either guild, the legacy of the other may not be as great. Alot of people flipflopped between guilds, and DB/VV vs everything else was always a tought fight for our opponents.

Welcome back, glad you are still around.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Kyhera » Fri May 02, 2008 7:38 pm

OH and everyone can blame Demmy for me being in this game :P
Moi
Insert something clever here
MTS/OAFS
User avatar
Kyhera
Peasant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the pieces of your dream shattered world

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby SoulDemon » Sat May 03, 2008 11:51 am

Which is interesting since apparently you are a roleplayer, and apparently I am not.

-winks-
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: ~VV~ Velkyn Velve

Postby Shifty » Sat May 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Where in Barnie's name could this utterly ludicrous impression have come from???
User avatar
Shifty
Peasant
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Roll Call

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users