Confusion about Elan

- New Players Area for Canon.

Moderator: Voice Noob

Confusion about Elan

Postby shaivong » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:10 pm

Greetings,

I'm confused about how to build up Elan. I'm trying to create a kingdom that is primarily sorcery, but I can't seem to build up any Elan. I can use Calming Chant to build it, but it takes like 70 turns to get up enough Elan to cast one higher level spell.

Do I need to have more serfs, or increase my temples? Any suggestions would be helpful; here is my kingdom stats:


Angelique
Human

Land: 1,619
Serfs: 6,424
Temples: 284
shaivong
Stablehand
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:10 am

Postby DeviusZwei » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:19 pm

Well first off, you need to build up a larger realm before even worrying about trying to use sorcery offensively. Also, yes you are going to need more temples. A lot of them in fact. The amount of elan your realm generates per turn is dependent upon the amount of temples you have. If I'm not mistaken, offering should still give you some elan, but the real elan is in having a large percentage of temples and simply earning the elan each turn you play with your realm.

If you would like a good building strategy for creating a quick sorcery realm, or any other additional information, please feel free to contact me. All my available contacts are listed in my profile, but I mainly use ICQ # 283-300-241. If you would like to contact me on MSN or Yahoo, you should PM me first and let me know because otherwise I never use them.

Oh and welcome to evernight.
DeviusZwei, formerly known as Penis With Ears or PWE.
|EATERS GM| / Worst Diplomat since Dysh (but running this age, so vote DeviusZwei!)
User avatar
DeviusZwei
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:39 pm
Location: Toledo, Ohio punkass

Postby _Nagash_ » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:44 pm

As for elan, you start getting it at 250 temples. The rate increases every 500 temples you add after that. So 250 = +1, 750 = +2, 1250 = +3, 1750 = +4, etc.

The more temples, the more elan per turn. And the more sorcing possibilities you have. And (sadly) the more you lose with the occasional backlash.
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Postby _Nagash_ » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Errr... or at least it should be. Correct me if I'm wrong ;P
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Postby shaivong » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:47 pm

That helps alot, thanks. I was wondering why I didn't have nearly the same ammount of spells on that Kingdom as I did in another realm.
shaivong
Stablehand
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:10 am

Postby Grunt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:05 pm

the spells are given as a percentage of land devoted to your god
higher percentage of temples on your land the higher the spell you get
so a small kingdom can get top spell with less total temples but a higher percentage of total land devoted to them
large doms need an unachievable amount of temps for top spell
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
User avatar
Grunt
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 10189
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Shalimar


Return to New Players Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users