Purpose of Roll Call

- A place to put out a roll call for a long lost guild, and for long lost members to catch up.

Moderator: Voice Stone

Purpose of Roll Call

Postby Ferlinc » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:43 am

May I ask is there an ultimate purpose for the roll call, beyond allowing old guildmates to find each other again and have a spot to reminisce about the old times?

I think it is a great to give a spot for this, I am just unclear as to whether there is an additional motive.

There are certainly are many other old guilds with players still around (e.g., VV), but are you (Whit) looking for players to list every guild they have been in?

I know there are some players still here who have been in SoS, but I haven't posted a thread because I think most of them know how to get a hold of old members if they want to, and those still here now have stronger ties to other guilds than SoS so I don't really see the point. The core of the Suzerain is not here; they are either in WoW or not playing any game.

Anyway I hope this thread isn't out of place
Covenant
Where the game becomes the story...
...and the story becomes the game.

rabid
User avatar
Ferlinc
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:49 pm

Postby Bran » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:48 pm

I too like this idea but like Ferlinc I have to ask the question what are you looking for really...I mean having a place to post and find people is a good thing, a very good thing as people change names, change guilds, leave for a few years come back, have new ICQ #'s etc.etc. etc.

Anyway I guess my main question is this:

Is it limited to just RP guilds that have been gone for 4 years at least or is it for any guild that is trying to catch up with old members?
"fortes fortuna adiuvat"
DF
User avatar
Bran
Traveler
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Arkansas

Postby Gili » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:01 am

i think what would be cool, if we could persuade some of these oldie guilds back for a one off 'game'. perhaps last guild standing. or something or other....in a game of their own.

but obviously that ain't gonna happen.
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
User avatar
Gili
Developer
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Numpton, England

Postby Bernz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:13 am

nice idea there brought up way back during the times of Monarchy...
Bernz
Stablehand
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Lockelar » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:03 pm

Well, looks like some old members have returned. Two at least, maybe more. Their return may or may not be a result of this section of the forums though. Guess they'd have to chime in.
[11/03/02|22:44:12] <Caile> Locke <begs> Please?
TBL 4 Life!
User avatar
Lockelar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, Texas

Postby Whit » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:33 pm

There are quite a few more than two returning players, and yes that was the hope behind this.
ICQ:37277496
:mrgreen: Nine Sages, Inc. :mrgreen:
Don't burn your bridges behind you, you're not that good of a swimmer.
Common sense ain't that common. If it was, more people would have it.
User avatar
Whit
Admin - Designated Adult
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Shady Grove Retirement Home

Postby Shayanna » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:26 pm

It snagged me back :)
--=(§hayanna Ðanielle Griffinsbane)=--
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/367863
The first Princess of Improv, to the last Princess of Maxim
User avatar
Shayanna
The Warlady
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Rathe Server


Return to Guild Roll Call

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users