Sartorious Has Passed Away (part III)

- This forum will house threads that are being archived, in the memory of those who have passed beyond our mortal realm.

Postby Volarian » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:15 pm

*just bows his head and cries* Peace be with him and his family... You lose contact with people and you never think you'll never speak to them again. I don't know what to say...

I just don't know what to say
all I can do is pray
and ask God why
good people have to die.

The sun shines just a bit less bright
a part of me screams its just not right
because I'll never know
why good people have to go

Surely there must be a reason
we have to continue believing
that he's gone toa better place
passed the baton, he's won his race.

leaving us memories to treasure
knowing there he'll live forever
We'll see him again
that I hope... Amen.
Always a Castaway. Forever an Outcast.
Jesus Saves, everyone else takes full damage.
The trick to flying is throwing yourself at the floor and missing.
Blue to the max... its in the sig.
User avatar
Volarian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere wearing pants... probably.

Postby Dreamskull » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:33 pm

wow...I can't believe this...This is like the first time i vist the site in almost 6 months and i see this...i really cant believe this...
I havn't talked with sart since i left, but i had many good convos with him in the passed...i really dont know what to say...I'm extremly sorry to hear what happened. Nobody deserves this, especially not him, he is such a great guy...im really sorry.

I say this with tears in my eyes, he wont be forgotten.
User avatar
Dreamskull
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: St Catharines, Ontario

Postby Lialia » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:43 am

I am completely blown away. Like others that have posted, i only spoke with sart a little more than a handfull of times, although now i wish i had more so. There is nothing that i can write that can put into words the amount of sorrow that we all feel. The only thing I can hope for now, is that his family find any small comfort in the fact that this community grieves with you and each and everyone of us respected the player known as Sartorious.
[center]~*Fel Forever*~[/center]
User avatar
Lialia
Stablehand
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: NH

Postby Decae » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:36 am

When asked if I knew of Sart, I remember saying, "Well, I remember the name, but for once it doesn't mean something bad." The difference being, with my poor memory, that I usually only remembered someone's name if an 'incident' had occurred or that person was an annoyance.

Not so with Sart. We talked on ICQ infrequently, he never bothered me - I'm sure he was aware of the amount of people that contacted the developers back then. After finding out about what was happening to him, I was floored. Then I felt horrible for thinking, "I have no idea what to say to this person... I barely know him."

So I started to talk anyway. Nothing could be more cruel than to ignore it, the person, or the bond that he felt for the community and friends he helped build here.

I'd loved to have shaken his hand. Perhaps in another time.


-- The game has been turned off until midnight. I believe in times such as these that reflection and real world remembrance is a much better therapy.
I will reach lows beyond reproach for you.
User avatar
Decae
Admin
 
Posts: 4862
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:16 am

Postby Captain_Ron » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:07 pm

Well I've been putting this off because I didn't know what to say, but here goes.

Sart you were a great dude, and I played with you on a few occasions. I'm gonna miss ya bro.
<Holden> I'm just here for the chicks.
How bout a glass of pounch you in the FACE?
Still Y2K compliant
User avatar
Captain_Ron
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: At my computer

Postby Sardonic » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:03 pm

Brother Taylor,

I checked the main page on the 11th. Seeing the link for Sartorious, I began to read until there was nothing left. The news for me was particularly shocking because like Bran I have been away for awhile. What's worse is that I didn't know Sart's plight. When I first saw I thought Sartorious was lost in the Middle East conflict. To learn of his illness and his passing so late really put me on the floor.

I've been so far out of the loop I didn't know anything. I gamed with TGL and briefly TNE before my real life took over much of my free time. Guilds hasn't been an option for over a year now. Since then my only contacts with Sartorious were just replying to some of his posts in my home away from home of Chaos/Turmoil.

I regret I didn't get to chat with him before all this. Instead I'm left with the feeling of missing something and someone who was worth knowing. I'm sure Sartorious fought with the bravery, valor, and dignity he so often showed here in the game. When you described your brother tossing up in a waste basket while being more concerned about his guild and kingdoms, it pretty much confirmed what I sensed about Sartorious. He loved, he cared, he'd fight to the end.

My sympathies and condolences for your loss Taylor. I seriously don''t know how I'd take losing my brother. I wish you didn't have to find out. You can rest assured that even people who never met Sartorious face to face liked him and will miss him too. He was a good man.

- doni
User avatar
Sardonic
Stablehand
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Shred » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:13 pm

i didnt know him that well, but its always bad when we lose one of our own. my prayers go out to his family and friends.
Warlord Death in Effect
Knights of The Sacred Order
Cheri Blair 10-08-77 to 11-14-04
User avatar
Shred
Peasant
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Atlanta Ga.

Postby Raven Dragon » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:00 am


After months of not checking the thread....... I get to hear this news, its really sad.......

My Condolence to the family.

RAVEN DRAGON
Dragon of the Lost Knights Alliance
THEFLAREBAHAMUT
User avatar
Raven Dragon
Stablehand
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Lady Maven » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:26 am

I too have been putting off posting until I could do so without crying, of course that is never going to happen.

Sart was my GM for awhile, and here, why that makes you god, father and brother all at once. Sart was such a great guy, so easy to talk to, and always made me laugh. I will remember his jokes, his light and the way he always made sure to say something positive in all are talks. He was there for me when I had some problems, and I am sorry that my computer went down and I couldn't talk to him about his.

Brother Taylor, simply put, Sart was one of us. He belonged to this community and this community belonged to him. We are a tight knit bunch, and we love each other, and support each other. If you or the others in his family need us, need money, we will take up a collection. Need comfort, you will find that here too. You tell us how we can help.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!
User avatar
Lady Maven
Royalty
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento CA

Postby Lady Maven » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:29 am

This poem helped me when my son passed away, and I hope it helps you too:

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints in snow,
I am the sunlight and ripened grain.
I am the gentle Autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift upflinging rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

Author: Mary E. Fr
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!
User avatar
Lady Maven
Royalty
 
Posts: 8270
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento CA

Postby Little Devil » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:32 am

I've thought about this quite a bit. Even tho i rarely come here these days i still remember considering sart a friend. Even tho i may not have known him well, or as well as others.

I wish him well wherever he may be now. And i wish strength and my condolences to his family.
User avatar
Little Devil
Stablehand
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Previous

Return to In memory

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users