General Comments aka The Time of Speed....

Discussion and moderated historical references to Evernight Games in all its forms.

Postby Ostro » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:39 pm

Killie, I know it had to have started before November of 1998, beacuse that's when I joined you guys and I know it wasn't a new guild at that time. Perhaps the age before that, maybe?
Ostro GoPF Forever!
"Wait, what game?"
User avatar
Ostro
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio

Postby Alex450 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:55 pm

Damn how do you guys remember all this... I can barely remember wicht guild I was in 1/4 of the rounds.

I do have the feeling I joined in rebirth though but I'm not even 100 % sure...

It is nice seeing the storyline of the game really. Although I can't help you guys I really think it is a great idea. On the other hand only people that had been there is thoses days would care and not the new players from evernight.

But suv when was the last round DB existed ? I think Menace was Gm at the end but then again I'm really not too sure. :?
User avatar
Alex450
Stablehand
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Euphractus » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:47 pm

Ciloth appears to have ended with VV in the lead (June 24, 1999).

Improv started in Fazauk. SR was there in Improv. SoS was still in the guild's game then. DW appears to have been in the lead (of Guilds game) at the end.

Mo'Pri began in the next Age, Jalket, which is when SoS switched over.
User avatar
Euphractus
Armadillo King
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm

Postby Euphractus » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:37 pm

As I mentioned before, I have a lot of junk floating around my computer. A couple days ago I came across somewhat over 40 RP threads from Mo'Pri days that I had completely forgotten--I do tend to dwell more on guilds than Mo'Pri, but still I was rather shocked to happen upon this cache.

I also came upon the result of a 2000 poll on the best of Monarchy. The categories included best in BH, best in game, best inactive (...no not sloths, just people who had not been actively playing for a while), and then a final category that lumped the votes in the other three to come up with a "best overall". Unfortunately I did not save the actual thread, but since I did the tallying I did make numerous tally sheets during the process...and I throw very little out. I still have the tally records (final and several intermediate counts) for these.

I will be re-posting the results below.
________
Following is just a long disclaimer about the voting and tallying methods.
Now I did not start this poll, but eventually I took over the duty of keeping track of the votes. My job was simply to tally the valid votes. I did not make the rules but I did enforce them. I believe the rules were basically:
1) You cannot vote for yourself
2) You cannot vote twice (one vote per player in each category)
3) You must vote for an individual

The last one was a bit of a problem because several people could not make up their mind and so mentioned more than one person. Where possible I tried to contact the voter or look in the message to see if one was definitely listed as above the others. If I could not bring it down to one vote with those methods, the vote was disqualified.

This rule also disqualified several votes that were made for my guild (Suzerain of Sloth--SoS). I think the problem was that generally individual members kept a low profile on the boards. We had a single spokesperson for the guild who was called "The Voice of the Suzerain" [this would have been back when the mods were called Saints not Voices]. For whatever reason I had to disqualify several votes for my guild (and in those cases I did not attempt to contact the poster because they clearly had no individual in mind.

I mention this to be clear that I tried to be as unbiased as possible. I did not disqualify votes because I disagreed with them, even when it was a factual error (listing a known active player as inactive or vice versa). I don't agree with all the votes cast; I suspect there were several guilds pumping up their members regardless of merit. [My own guild had left by the time or lese my numbers would have been pumped way up and then I wouldn't be grumbling about all of this :wink:). In many ways this was seen as a popularity contest and did not seem to be fully based on merit.

Nevertheless, I think most of the players at the time agreed that the leading candidates the recognition even though players might have argued about whether so and so really was better than the other.

Euph

[edited to add the following note. The original thread was posted in comments which of course would likely give different results than if posted in guilds. For one thing this meant that a broader range of people were being recognized for gaming skills. The list was not just the best players in guilds. Likewise the BH category was not divided into RP and OOC but was overall BH ability and so forth. I think this made it a more interesting thread, but it did lead to some disagreements about direct comparisons when say a solo (only) player is ranked next to a guilds only player--it is hard to make a direct comparison.

Still those who were around back then might be enjoy being reminded of others from that era and those who arrived later might be interested to see some of the people they know were actually active way back then]
User avatar
Euphractus
Armadillo King
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm

Postby Euphractus » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:53 pm

Top 50 Monarchy Players

(posted 23 July 2000)

Top 50+ BH
1. Biggles 33
2. Generalisimo 27
3. Del Teanos 24
4. (Tied with twenty votes) 68guy, Murchad, Sylandra
7. Viper 17
8. Marley Barley 16
9. (Tied with fifteen votes) Dzone, Tasha

11. Arsenal 14
12. (Tied with twelve votes) Fenwick, SunBlade
14. Zodiac 11
15. Lady Maven 10
16. (Tied with nine votes) Killie, Maverick, Ostro, Rhiannon
20. Jon O Thicket 8

21. (Tied with six votes) Alundra, Hern, Mara, Raichu
25. (Tied with five votes) Little Devil, Mick Fenian, Shayanna, Thugboy
29. (Tied with four votes) Aemuli, Belgarion, Blackie, Draven, Lady Brianna, Malevolence, Pandora, Portia

37. (Tied with three votes) Absinthe, Arealta, Brighthawk, Calbrenar, Desdemona, IceBlade, Lak, Misty, Moogle, Pyke, Raknarak, Riceboi, SunSu, Team Rocket, Telani, Violent J



Top 50+ Game
1. Maverick 40
2. Remo 31
3. Caer’lith 18
4. Shayanna 17
5. Shifty 11
6. (Tied with ten votes) Pretender, Ran Vordue, Suvantar
9. Khalistov 9
10. (Tied with eight votes) Dysh, SunBlade

12. (Tied with seven votes) Del Teanos, Mister Stu, Void, Zodiac
16. (Tied with six votes) Little Devil, Menace, Murchad
19. (Tied with five votes) Arsenal, Tariq,

21. (Tied with four votes) Bat, Calbrenar, Cynthia de Medeci, Glorfindel, JBB, Jon O Thicket, Killie, Rad, Reaper
30. (Tied with three votes) 4saken, Belgarion, IceBlade, Rhuin, Sorn Naerth, Stargaze, Stone, Telani, Tybalte, Venus, Virch

41. (Tied with two votes) Abidabi, Asharam, Ashula, Ba’ashkai, Biggles, Braveheart, Cindy, Cryptic, Denoth, Draemorticus, Druid, Dyvim Tvar, Dzone, Fire Maiden, Gorfin, Ibn, Jude, Kaminton, Kayin, Lady Rave, Mange, Mara, Marious, Mayham, NyteShadow, Ougie, Pavek, Radic, Riceboi, Shredman, Tara, Viper, Wraith



Top 50+ Inactive
1. Pavek 27
2. Suvantar 25
3. Calbrenar 14
4. Dyvim Tvar 13
5. (Tied with eleven votes) Menace, Shifty
7. (Tied with nine votes) Sorn Naerth, StarGaze, Tasha
10. (Tied with eight votes) AmyB, Grey

12. (Tied with seven votes) Coming Lightly, Elryn, Fire Maiden
15. Lady Caterina 6
16. (Tied with five votes) Pious, Rhuin, Stormi
19. (Tied with four votes) Arsenal, Korayn, Kyhera, Loki, MingHo, Ryderz, Stone, Void

27. (Tied with three votes) Aphex, Arch Templar, Beavis, Captain Rizzo, Euphractus, Gammit Dammit, Riddle, Ruinan, Saren

36. (Tied with two votes) Bing, Deviouz, IceBlade, Lunaris, Madness, Mina, Moogle, Murchad, Tybalte

45. (Tied with one vote) Abidabi, Alandros, Alex_450, Alibi, Ander, Anne, Bickel, Biggles, Blackie, Brandagon, Buffalo, Carpe Diem, Cedric, Charmy, Cryptic, Darin, Drakkar, Drakon, Dzone, Fates, Goldwyvern, Gorfin, Jerang, Jetriot, Jim Beau, Jon O Thicket, Killion, Kranthkorpool, Kyle Bain, Kyrajade, Lady Catherine, Lali, Latta, Loken, Lord of Kaos, Makenna, Malkron, McCalamari, Mick Fenian, Min, Niall, Ocelot, Pickaxe, PoppaGoblin, Raichu, Remo, Rhodar, Rune Mage, Sien, Sinew, Sir Lockabre, Sleem, Sparrow, Suki, SunCe, SuzieQ, Suzembachi, Syerra, Sylverwolf, Taljor, Talrum DethSpirit, Thomas, Trakkan, TyrSethal, Vaevictis, Violent J, Wazzakka


Top 50+ in Combined Votes
1. Maverick 49
2. Suvantar 37
3. Biggles 36
4. (Tied with thirty-two votes) Del Teanos, Remo
6. Pavek 29
7. Murchad 28
8. Generalisimo 27
9. Tasha 25
10. Arsenal 23

11. (Tied with twenty-two votes) Shayanna, Shifty
13. (Tied with twenty-one votes) Calbrenar, Sylandra
15. (Tied with twenty votes) 68guy, SunBlade
17. Viper 19
18. (Tied with eighteen votes) Caer’lith, Dzone, Menace, Zodiac

22. Marley Barley 16
23. Dyvim Tvar 15
24. (Tied with thirteen votes) Jon O Thicket, Killie, Sorn Naerth
27. (Tied with twelve votes) Fenwick, Stargaze
29. (Tied with eleven votes) Little Devil, Pretender, Void

32. (Tied with ten votes) Lady Maven, Ran Vordue, Rhiannon
35. (Tied with nine votes) AmyB, Fire Maiden, Grey, Khalistov, Ostro
40. (Tied with eight votes) Coming Lightly, Dysh, Elryn, IceBlade, Mara, Mister Stu, Rhuin
47. (Tied with seven votes) Belgarion, Mick Fenian, Raichu, Stone



Finally here is an alphabetical list of everyone who had any votes. The number of votes listed is the combined votes.


4:20 (1), 4saken (4), 68guy (20), Abidabi (3), Absinthe (3), Aemuli (4), Ahriman (2), Aidan (1), Ajajyn (1), Alandros (1), Alex_450 (1), Alias (1), Alibi (1), Alundra (6), Ammon (1), AmyB (9), Ander (2), Anne (1), Aphex (4), ArchTemplar (3), Arealta (3), Arsenal (23), Artos (1), Asharam (3), Ashula (2), Asmira (1), Asoc (1), Avail (1), Ba’ashkai (2), Bansidhe (1), Bat (4), Beast (1), Beavis (3), Belgarion (7), Bickel (2), Biggles (36), Bing (2), Blackheart (1), Blackie (6), Blacklock (1), Blaze (1), Blizzard (1), Blood Siren (1), Bludlust (1), Boudicca (1), Brandagon (1), Braveheart (3), BravoAlpha (1), Brighthawk (4), Brightwind (2), Buffalo (4), Caer’lith (18), Calbrenar (21), Captain Rizzo (4), Carpe Diem (2), Carts (1), Cassandra (1), Cedric (1), Ceres (1), Charmy (1), Cindy (2), Clara (1), Cm (1), Coming Lightly (8), Con Dorite (1), Conner (1), Corwin (1), Counselor (1), Crom (2), Cruella (2), Cryptic (3), Cynne (1), Cynthia De Medici (4), Daione Sidh (1), Dalarak (1), Damian Vauss (2), Darin (1), Darius (1), Dark Man (1), Darkhorse (1), Dauthi (2), Dave (1), DaWizzz (1), Del Teanos (32), Delta (1), Denoth (2), Desdemona (3), Destiny (1), Deviouz (2), Devlan (1), Dodger (1), Draemorticus (2), Dragonsbane (1), Drakkar (1), Drakon (2), Draven (5), Druid (3), Dude (1), Dysh (8), Dyvim Tvar (15), Dzone (18), Efyian (1), Elen ap Iowerth (2), Elryn (8), Eternal (2), Euphractus (6), Fates (1), FDragon (1), Fenwick (12), Fergus (1), Fire Maiden (9), Fryer (1), Furinax (1), Gambino (1), Gammit Dammit (3), Generalisimo (27), Ghaelon (1), Glorfindel (4), Goldwyvern (1), Gorfin (3), Grave Digger (1), Grey (9), Hawkke (1), Hern (6), Hieran (1), Ibn (2), IceBlade (8), Isildur (1), JBB (4), Jerang (1), Jetriot (1), Jim Beau (1), JohnnyBBad (2), Joicho (1), Jon O Thicket (13), Josey / Blue (2), Josh17 (1), Jude (2), Kahlan Amnell (1), Kaminton (2), KaoZ (1), KaOz BrinGer (1), Katalyna (1), Kayin (2), Kenis (1), Khalistov (9), Khan (1), Kilgor (1), Killie (13), Killion (1), Klassh (1), Koi (1), Korayn (5), Kranthkorpool (1), Kyhera (6), Kyle Bain (1), KyraJade (2), Kyrre (1), Lady Brianna (4), Lady Caterina (6), Lady Catherine (1), Lady Maven (10), Lady Rave (3), Lak (3), Lali (1), Lathrop (1), Latta (2), Lee (1), Lilandra (1), Link (1), Lissy (1), Little Devil (11), Loken (1), Loki (5), Lord Airrk (1), Lord Dark Hand (1), Lord Dark Hand (1), Lord Draco (1), Lord of Koas (1), Lord Reisling (1), Lunaris (2), Mac (1), Mad Moose (1), Madness (2), Madrider (1), Makenna (1), Malevolence (4), Malkron (2), Malman (1), Mange (2), Mara (8), Marious (2), Marley Barley (16), Matty (1), Maverick (49), Mayham (2), McCalamari (1), Menace (18), Merea (1), Mernazul (1), Mick Fenian (7), Mimmo (1), Min (1), Mina (2), MingHo (6), Mister Stu (8), Misty (3), Mmmmasi (1), Molisho (1), Moogle (5), Mornelithe (1), Morolis (1), Muffin (1), Murchad (28), Necro (1), Netheril (1), Niall (1), Nimb (1), Nimbus (1), Nixsyn (1), Norrin (1), NyteShadow (3), O’Leary (1), Ocelot (1), Olde Knygt (1), Oldie (1), Omni (1), Oracle (1), Ostro (9), Ougie (2), Pandora (4), Parn (1), Pavek (29), Paxx (2), Pentus (1), Phoenix (1), Pickaxe (1), Pious (5), Pistol (1), Pm5krevolt (1), PoppaGoblin (2), Portia (4), Pretender (11), Prince Ken (1), Pyke (3), Querion (2), Rad (4), Radic (2), Raichu (7), Raknarak (3), Ran Vordue (10), Reaper (5), Redhead (2), Remo (32), Renna (1), Rese (1), Rev. Chul (1), Rhiannon (10), Rhodar (1), Rhuin (8), Riceboi (5), Riddle (4), Ruin Athos (1), Ruinan (3), Rune God (1), Rune Mage (1), Ryderz (4), Saren (3), Sartorious (1), Scribe (1), Sembrithi (1), Sephrenia (1), Shadowhawk (3), Shawn (1), Shayanna (22), Shen Ton (1), Shifty (22), Shonsu (1), Shredman (3), Sien (1), Silvan (1), Sinew (2), Sir Lockabre (1), Sirvyrrs (1), Skarp (1), Sleem (1), SNV (1), Sorn Naerth (13), Sovereign (1), Sparrow (1), Spectre (1), Stands on Two (1), StarFalcon (1), StarGaze (12), Stick Puppy (1), Stone (7), Stormi (6), Suki (1), Sunblade (20), SunCe (2), SunSu (3), Suvantar (37), SuzieQ (1), Suzumebachi (1), Syerra (1), Sylandra (21), Sylverwolf (3), Talak (1), Taliesin (1), Taljor (1), Talrum DethSpirit (1), TankGirl (2), Tara (3), Tariq (5), Tarlyn (1), Tasha (25), Tassador (1), Team Rocket (3), Telani (6), Thomas (1), Thugboy (5), Tiberin (1), Titantis (1), Toby (1), Trakkan (2), Tubs (1), Tybalte (5), TyrSethal (1), Uncas (2), Uni (1), Unleashed (1), Vaevictis (2), Vald the Impailer (1), Vandle of Rome (1), Venus (4), Violent J (4), Viper (19), Virch (3), Void (11), Wazzakka (1), Wishmaster (1), Wolfen (1), Wraith (2), Wyldfire (1), Y2J (1), Znick (1), Zodiac (18), Zvardin (2)[/COLOR]


Euph.
The Suzerain of Sloth


{Edited [in July 2000] since I had not been aware that Tariq and Raila were the same person}






Note: As a final disclaimer, I should point out that I was one of a few people who received votes in all categories (just a few, 6 overall, but nonetheless I managed it). I should have in fact only have been eligible for the "Inactive" category. At the time the thread had posted, I had not played or posted in about six months so it was biut incorrect for me to have received votes in the acitve BH or active game category. Nonetheless I was not the only one who received votes in both inactive and active categories so I guess activity is in the eye of the voter. The single vote I received in the game category was not rightly mine since I have never been particularly skilled in the actual game. I am sure whoever voted for me was giving me credit for work that my guild deserved not me. (Euph, November 2003)
User avatar
Euphractus
Armadillo King
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm

Postby SunSu » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:49 pm

I never even knew that list existed. I was inactive during that time as well. That was during my year long hiatus in which I didn't even look at the boards or game. It was preceeded by several multiple month hiatus and followed by several more. Hell, I'm in a psuedo-hiatus right now until this damn semester is over.

Then.... I will actually get this project underway!!! Oh my!!!
I am proud to say that I know what 2+2 is. However, if you see my underwear, please let me know... I lost them last Tuesday.
User avatar
SunSu
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby _Garion_ » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:59 pm

I swear you were TL at that time Ostro, or was that a bit later?
JC forever
User avatar
_Garion_
Stablehand
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:49 pm

Postby SoulDemon » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:34 pm

lol, thats when I was going by Del Teanos.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Euphractus » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:21 am

SoulDemon wrote:lol, thats when I was going by Del Teanos.


Yeah, if someone had several names, I had to choose one.

It was a bit of a problem when someone had several names and I was unaware that it was the same person. In fact in many cases I think people purposefully kept those identities secret. Now I did not actually keep my identies secret but neither did I generally shout them to the world. Most people were probably not aware that I never posted RP under the name Euphractus. I only RP'd as Ligneus, Kelden, Dottirssen, or others made up as necessary. Of course most people (even those who played at the time) probably would not recognize my in-game names anyway.

In addition the rules I posted earlier, I believe the person who made the poll asked that people not include admins or moderators so that would have possibly been another reason not to list you as SD. If you (SD) were acting as one of those at the time, I would have avoided ranking "SoulDemon." I seem to recall (perhaps a false memory) wrestling with how to deal with that. I think I decided that if you were getting votes as the player Del Teanos then that was within the rules set down by the thread originator. I do not remember if I transfered SD votes to DT.

Votes for Pious I considered valid because I was under the impression she was no longer in any sort of admin/ mod position.

May you experience the Blessings of Sloth,

Euphractus

1. Don't pull on Suvantar's cape
2. Don't spit into the Wind Swords
3. Don't pull the mask off that ol' Murchad
4. And don't mess around with Alias

~~Kranthkorpool's strategy for winning

Euphractus
User avatar
Euphractus
Armadillo King
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm

Postby Ostro » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:36 am

*blink blink*

Oh wow Garion... yaeh, you're right. That was when I was in the Lair. Hah, how about that!

*looks at the Top 50 BH list*

Holy cow, I was actualy listed... and received 9 votes? ... I so don't remember that.
Ostro GoPF Forever!
"Wait, what game?"
User avatar
Ostro
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio

Postby Biggles » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:24 pm

I got shafted. Only 36 total votes? And that was right around my most prominent period, too.
If they don't want us masturbating in the library, why do they have all those books about fire trucks?
User avatar
Biggles
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Festering Pile of Rats

Postby Euphractus » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:18 pm

Biggles wrote:I got shafted. Only 36 total votes?


You can only blame yourself.

If you had made more than 36 alts at the time that the votes were counted...

:P
User avatar
Euphractus
Armadillo King
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:03 pm

Postby Maverick » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:04 am

Being voted number 1 is one of the few things i can still remmeber from the old game, especially since I beat most of the people that I really respected.

Anyways, if this ever gets off the ground, I will break out my old computer and see what it has.

I know it has some of the strats that were famous back then.

And I was just thinking that if I can get into my icqs, I still have all the histories, which means everything I ever said in regards to the game is saved. And I probably put some ranks or made comments in them.

Mav
I saw my advantage and I took it,
Thats what heroes do.
I <3 Venus. Join the Club!
User avatar
Maverick
Knight
 
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Postby Killie » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:48 am

LoL, I like Mav remember that because I remember thinking.. "How the hell am I ranked with Mav for the BH section" I was sure I should have been way above the grumpy git.

It is annoying when you read all this and wish you had all your old ICQ logs, IRC logs and those great ICQ chats with people always saying

"Can you see Dysh?"

"no I can only see Radic.."

"What?? Radic is here?
Scotland Forever!!

Getting Married on July 7th 2007
User avatar
Killie
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Venus » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:06 pm

lol i remember that list
we shoudl do one of those again
see how it changes:P
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Postby Tybald » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:09 pm

Interesting. I come back out of sheer curiosity and find most of those I remember still lingering about. Its nice to refresh my memory on the place I spent so many enjoyable nights.
User avatar
Tybald
Stablehand
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:24 pm

Postby Sylverwolf » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:33 pm

::Tosses a little silver bell to Ostro::
I've prolly got some old RP stuff... anybody wanna interview me?

And I've got a lot of pictures from bashes...
I am just a figment of your imagination.
User avatar
Sylverwolf
Stablehand
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Ol Reggie » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:02 am

WHART THUR HAIL?

Ain't no wun votid fawr Ol' Reggie?

Ya buncha ungertful sumbitches!!!

::walks off mumbling::

gawdam wahnee-aiss droe ailf gittin' kredut fer awl mah hawrd werk...

HAWRF!
gawrsh durnit!

HAWRF!
User avatar
Ol Reggie
Stablehand
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:41 am

Previous

Return to Game History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users