Alright folks, this is the forecast I'm going on right now:
http://weather.mgnetwork.com/cgi-bin/weatherIMD3/weather.cgi?user=RTD&alt=hurricane&hwvTemplate=hurricane/storms/tracker.html&hwvStorm=WTNT44
If this is accurate, and we will know as of tomorrow night how close it is, the Bash will be officially cancelled. Encouraging you to travel during a Hurricane would be very irresponsible. That and it could turn out to be horribly expensive concerning lost flights, delays, hotel layovers, etc.
At this time the Bash is not canceled. We will be monitoring the situation though. New Orleans is low level and is very susceptible to Hurricane damage. When we were there last time just the pre-hurricane damage was nasty and shut down the airport, flood the streets, and pretty much ruined Sunday afternoon/evening completely.
I understand you've all made investments into the Bash (both time and money) and we will attempt to refund as much as possible if this were to come to pass. We've paid a number of up-front fees, so the refund will not be 100% (or even near).
If you still want to fly to New Orleans, if the bash is canceled, more power to you - be safe though.
I will reach lows beyond reproach for you.