by Noble Shaffer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:35 pm
I think I'll keep my teeth to myself, wouldn't want to get you all riled.
She flipped on her stomach thinking over everything he said. Whoever this Chapman was, he was the key and somehow she was going to have to get her hands on him to find out how he knew so much about her, and how he knew what to tell Marius to keep her from being able to come and go as she pleased. Of course if she did get her hands on him, it was going to be damn hard to keep herself from breaking his damn neck. A twinge of pain prodded her and she winced keeping her face hidden by her arms. Why was it every time she seemed to have the hunger controlled it would rear it's head poking at her reminding her that it was still there. I feel fine she kept telling herself over and over again. Mind over matter, it was going to have to work.
I don't think you understand, you might willingly hand me back over but that does not mean that Talen will be so willing to forgive or forget. I cannot fathom Talen not coming here for me himself once he knows where I am, but I have learned to never say never, and I have to be ready for that possibility as improbable and impossible as it might seem. I think the only thing that could keep Talen away is either he has died himself or...
Noble could not imagine Talen giving his heart to another but that was also a very real possibility, still even if he did find another to love, who loved him in return, she could not believe that he would just give up on her for no other reason than what they meant to each other.
... or he has found another to share his heart with. As unreal as that seems to me, it could become a reality, still I do not see him just leaving me to the fates because of his mother. You see Tierney Deamons took me in even though my father Geoff who also went by Victoro, the one time leader of the Order of the Shield, had made the world believe she was dead just so he could keep her to himself as revenge for Tierney killing Artemus, his brother, my Uncle. She became my mother and taught me much of what I know in both the dark world and this world, and her husband became my father in this world while Raven remained my father in darkworld, I know it is confusing, but my life has been on ball of confusion since the day I was born. My mother was a vampire, my father a shadow assassin, I really didn't know either of them yet I have two fathers who love me and a mother who loved me enough to give her son her blessing when he staked his claim on me. That's what they do, those Shadows and Deamons and Lockhearts and Ryders, even the women of the lines, when they find their mates they stake their claims and make it known to all that they have done so. Princess Avalyn likes to say we are all backwoods marry your cousin screw your sister inbred hillbillies, but she is just as wrapped up in that world as everyone else. We are all connected, all family either through blood or simply because we were brought into the fold. That is the life I was born to live, the life I have to return to even if Talen forgets me, I am part of something bigger than just one man though I would still like to believe I am just as important to him now and I was the last time I saw him.
She couldn't believe she told him so much but then again what else was there for her to do? It wasn't like she was telling any of the Orders secrets, she was just giving him more insight as to who she was and what her world was like before she was stolen from that world.
If I am left here for whatever reason, I cannot tell you what to do with me but I have to tell you honestly only because you have been so honest with me that I will not just sit around and resign myself to this way of life, you might be better off just killing me because I will kill or be killed before I accept this life as my own. I have never been nor will I ever be a true slave. Though I think if Raynalia learns I live, even if Talen does not want me anymore, that elf will come for me herself, she abhors slavery given her own history, those stories I am sure you have heard too, and that woman is not someone many wish to tangle with. If you do free me regardless of whether or not Talen comes for me or demands my return and your Tribunal does not approve I promise you I will do everything to help you as you have helped me. My King and Queen will be able to see the good you in and I doubt they would allow any harm to come to you whether they have any say in your lands or not. That is just their way. I am proof of that, Aurora is proof of that, most of all Lady Jillian, the former wife of Harrison McKenna and now wife to Stone Deamons is proof of that