Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Condrik Shadow » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:08 pm

He had spent the morning with Cori and Payne which mostly went well till his daughter made a comment that made him want to lock her in her room and keep her there. Well first he would need to have Aranor ward the room against shadow walking. He looked at her.

Cori you know better than to make comments like that I swear Payne can not get any redder possibly. The time is coming Cor I know you need to go to report. I hate like hell what is going on even offered to step in for you and Kiara will not have it. Quinn gave me some of that balm stuff that can use once it is done with.

He sighed and looked at his daughter he really did not want anything to happen to her. He hugged her and kissed her cheek.

Now go on before you get into more trouble. Payne and I are going to bring the bows back to the house. And I need to see what else is going on today.

He walked with Payne and listened while Payne told him somethings. He was actually finding some of what Payne said not so bad. Payne was staying within acceptable lines and Con respected that. He smiled when he got up to the house and saw the shed open.

Need any extra hands Ari I can help and Payne said he would help and he would like to talk to both of us about something as well.


He had to say something to break the ice and he laughed while watching Hunter and Quin

Looks like those two are trying to help too.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Ariela Shadow » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:30 pm

You want to help?...
Cooling off time was always a good thing don't ya think? Well I do, besides Hunter and Quin had put me in such a good mood even if Cori was lingering in my thoughts.
Keep Hunter from trying to beat Quin over the head with one of Oris' globe lights...
Okay so there we were in the living room I was stuck behind this insane tree that was like five of me put together and Hunter was running wild trying to take his brother down, it was funny but at the same time no so funny because if one set of twins woke up the other set I was really going to have my hands full. So I was behind the tree trying to figure out just what Ori said I needed to do to get it to light up without setting the house on fire while I was deciding if I liked where I had it all in front of the window the way it was. The tree was pushed when Hunter went colliding into it and I almost went through the window. Almost except that these arms that I know so well grabbed a hold of me and wrapped around me keeping me and the tree from going through the glass. How could I stay angry at the face that was smiling down at me like an awkward boy? Blowing a tendril of hair out of my eyes I knew I was smiling up at him like some kind silly school girl. Funny how it works isn't it? You can be so mad at someone and in the space of a heartbeat it's all forgotten. Well maybe not forgotten but at least set aside for a little while.
Nice catch... Hunter Shadow get down off the couch like that right now!!
Have I mentioned that I am completely outnumbered by men in my house? Anyway after yelling at Hunter who plopped down on his backside and sat there looking like he should be wearing a halo when I know he needed horns more I remembered that we had company. Not just any company either but it never mattered to me if royalty or common folk were in my house, everyone was treated the same.
So you want to help and you want to talk? Let's hope you can do both your Majesty... here...
I shoved a box of Oris lights in his arms and pointed at the tree.
Get to decorating and get to talking then, as for you Lord Shadow, wrangle in those sons of yours would you and I'll go make up some of my famous hot chocolate then we can talk...
It didn't take long for me to do what I set out and in no time I was back out in the living room with a tray of hot chocolate for everyone to drink and some gingerbread cookies for the boys. After getting the boys settled at the coffee table with their drinks and cookies it was time to get down to business.
Okay you want to talk Payne... get to talking then.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Truly? You can't be left alone for one night without all hell breaking loose as it was put to me Majesty?
Kiara entered the inn and right away had her hand wrapped around the throat of Grays brother. She looked at her husband who was looking her like she had just popped out of thin air, red tendrils of hair shook in time with her head. Slamming Dylan against the wall she kept her eyes on her husband.
You know how fast word travels in our charming little kingdom.
Her green eyes turned to the man she had against the wall and a grin turned the corners of her mouth.
Not once but twice you thought to raise a hand to your king... to my King...
She was in no mood for games, back talk, cockiness or anything else. More than that she was fed up with how some people though given chance after chance still could not learn their true place in her world, in their world. She slammed him down on the table and spoke to the man standing behind her.
Ramseys... hold his hand down on the table for me...
From her back she took her katana and waited for Ramseys to do as he was told. Without hesitation her katana came down and she swore she heard someone throwing up combined with the howls that came from the man whose hand she had just severed from his body. She looked around while she wiped the blood from her blade on the back of the mans shirt.
Anyone else have anything to say? Anyone else wish to have a go at our king? No? Are you sure? Good. Remember what you have seen here... tell everyone what you have seen here and remind the whole of Pallia just who your Queen is and that her level of tolerance for anyone thinking to act like this fool is at zero.... Ramseys take this idiot to Aranor have him do whatever he needs to so he doesn't bleed out and then get this man off my Kings lands... Talia... clean this mess up and burn this table.
Putting her katana back where it belonged she faced Losa with her arms folded across her chest.
Don't these people know by now I love playing with you best Majesty?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Condrik Shadow » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm

He shook his head trying not to laugh as he caught her he grinned at her and winked.

Well could not let you go through the window it is getting cold out and you took your jacket off. Plus I like you without all those scrapes and cuts and all that would happen.


He went and rounded up the twins and he was laughing when they tried to pull the Daddy we been good with him. It was not that his boys were bad so to speak just a bit rambuctious. Which had to make him smile. Payne was decorating the tree, he actually thought he saw Payne watching them and smiling. He got them settled and smiled as Ari came out with the hot chocolate.

You know Payne no one makes hot chocolate as good as Ari, just not possible. Ok maybe I am a bit biased but you will see what I mean.


He sat and sipped his and just listened to Payne talk to Ari.

I was talking to Condrik about the ball and everything coming up in Firyon and he said unless you had a problem with it you all could attend. I will be busy with many things surrounding it so I did not want Cori to come alone either. Yes I know you got the four boys, and I think I will have to alert the staff they have never met kids as energetic as yours. I would understand if you did not want to attend but I was thinking it would be good for you to see Firyon as well. Also I invited Valiant and Rayne too.


He listened to Payne it was going to be interesting to say the least even if they could not get along at certain times he and Rayne did know how to be civil to each other.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Losa » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Yes I do know how word likes to travel in our kingdom. I would not have wanted you bothered with such a thing. Yes I know you like to play with me best. In fact I am the only one that gets to play now. Nice touch there now he has one hand gone and one in a cast. You missed all the fireworks with Dylan and I too. None of that matters though because I know what he said is not true.

He moved to her side and kissed her. He stood there looking at her and his arm snaked around her waist.

You know I think any men thinking to date our girls when they get older better watch out with how good you are with the Katana they may end up missing body parts. I think we will get a nice new table made so that we do not have to hear about the firewood one.


He shook his head with a grin on it. His wife was something else and he could not help but smile. Even when butting heads at times she would make him smile.

I know we have to get to the exercises and all. So should we take the walk or sneak away into the shadows?
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Ariela Shadow » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Quin!!
I was able to listen to Payne and deal with everything going on in my house at the same time, multitasking is a wonderful thing. Quin decided to make a spitball out of cookie and shot it at Hunter, and I shot up flicking Quin in the mouth, yeah I know sounds bad but it wasn't. You know how you'd flick a crumb off a table or some such thing? That's all it was.
Mama!
He folded his arms across his little chest and sat down with a pout on his lips.
Don't you Mama me Quin Shadow what have I told you about spitting inside the house and spitting at people at all? Don't do it again Quin...
I sat back down and looked between Con and Payne. So it was starting was it. I wonder if Con knew just how close he was to having to let go of our elfling all together. I know it's bad but Cori and Payne knew each other better than Con thought they did. They wrote letters back and forth so much that Coris Poppy (yes I know its bad he was in on it too) was getting worn down playing delivery service for them, and there were a few times that Payne was able to come over to the house without Con being there right up Coris backside so they could spend at least a little time together in quiet. If you want to call having four boys in the house quiet. Anyway, it wasn't going to matter soon.
I don't have an issue with this at all, infact I think it might be good for all of us to get away for a bit. I do have to wonder though if it should be the boys or Cori herself that you warn your staff about Highness, six boys couldn't even equal one of my daughter but that is just my opinion. Is that it then because if it is I do believe you offered to help around here and that tree isn't going finish itself you know...
I had no idea how much time had passed until the door to my house opened and Toras... the Elder... not TJ mind you came in carrying a little bundle, okay so she wasn't all that little but in her grandfathers arms my elfling was tiny and right behind him came Rayne looking mad enough to skin someone alive. She was muttering all sorts of words no lady would ever speak but Rayne wasn't ever a true lady of proper breed so it didn't shock me any. It broke my heart to see our girl curled up the way she was and I went to tell Toras where to set her down when that little shit jumped up out of his arms and hit the floor in a crouch.
Scared ya didn't I? Sorry I couldn't help it... I know I know you want to know what happened right? Seems I've been given a reprieve sort of... there was some trouble at the Inn and Aunt Kiara well you know how she gets when someone gets her riled. Anyway just you all know Uncle Bryce is going to be coming around this way for the next month... I'm supposed to practice with him with swords two hours a day... I have to run two hours a day... I have to do whatever Briar tells me at the Hall and I have to listen to every word that comes out of Aunt Kiara or Uncle Losas mouths for the month... I think I might have rather been beat to be honest with you. Uncle Bryce will fill you in on everything when he gets here... so... did I miss anything good other than Mas' hot chocolate? I could smell it all the way outside you know.
Cori finally realized that there was company at the house and right away she dropped down on one knee in front of Payne, she couldn't keep the grin from her face when she spoke.
Been practicing focusing I hope your Majesty?
She looked up at him and winked and then was mowed down by the two little boys who plowed into her. Her laughter filled the room and for the first time in a while Cori felt happy. I could tell she felt happy because her eyes were so blue, and it really did me good to hear her laugh again, a real laugh. I wasn't all that happy with her little joke though but this time it could be overlooked. Looking between Con, Toras and Payne I shook my head.
Definitely need to warn them about her Payne... Toras you shouldn't let her talk you into these schemes of hers the way you do honestly and then you all wonder why she thinks the world revolves around her.
I winked at Con when I said it because we all knew his world did revolve the elfling who wrapped him around her finger the first day she arrived at the hall.
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Kiara Jade » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:46 am

Through the shadows...
Kiara made the choice while she was walking behind the bar, she was looking for a particular item and when she found it she went back to where the hand was still laying because no one wanted to touch it. She touched it to pick it up and put in the box she had found behind the bar.
There are no exercises this morning, there won't be any until tomorrow. Given this latest turn of events Cori is damn lucky...
Kiara went on to explain what she decided to do with her niece and also let Losa know that Aidan would be spending plenty of time with Elder and Stryder as well as picking up a few new duties along with running opposite hours that Cori would be running. With the box under her arm she waited for Losa to take them back to the Hall. When they were through the shadows she motioned for Losa to follow her down to the cavern beneath the hall and as soon as they reached the cell where their son was being held she told the guard to open the door. Right away Aidan was on his feet standing straight and looking forward. She tossed the box down at his feet.
Open it.
Aidan picked the box up, opened it and promptly dropped it back to the ground making the box fall to its side and the hand tumbled out.
Mama!?
Aidan looked at her wide eyed and she stood there looking down at him every bit the Mistress of the Order.
That hand was taken not even thirty minutes ago from a man who thought to use it and strike our Master and King... words cannot harm people physically they can only bruise our egos and hurt our feelings, and feelings can heal much faster than some physical wounds... should yours be the next hand I take because you cannot keep yours to yourself?
Aidan looked at his mother in disbelief.
You did this?
Kiara crouched down so she was eye level with him.
I did. I will not tolerate violence of any sort against in this order, or against any innocent unprovoked physically Aidan. Again... words are just that... words but when you resort to physical actions then you become no better than an animal and we are not animals.
She stood up and motioned to the guard.
Take him to the yard... Lord Aranor and Lord Liam are waiting for him...
She heard the small gasp come from Aidan and she looked at him sternly.
You have something you wish to say Hawk?
He shook his head no and she nodded hers.
Very well then. Your king and I will see you sometime this afternoon...
When Aidan wasn't looking she held up three fingers to the guard who understood that the Crown Prince was still going to face the yard but his punishment would still stand. Maybe if Aidan knew what true physical pain was he would think twice for reacting the way he did in some situations. As soon as Aidan was led from the caverns she leaned against the wall coughing again and waved off Losa who went right to her side.
Just the weather changing Angel...
Getting the cough under control she came up off the wall.
I'm sure you've got something to say might as well get it over with now Losa.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Losa » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:43 am

He was wondering what his wife was up to when she got the box. He took her through the shadows and he followed her like she wanted. He stood watching he knew that none of this was easy on her he was sure. He let her do what she needed to. The coughing concerned him and when she waved him off blaming the change in the weather it still did not sit well with him. Once they were done there he put his arm around her waist and walked with her.

I talked to Aidan about this I want him nowhere near that mess with Con and Ari and Cori for now. As I told Con I am sick of Aidan being brought up when he and Ari have problems. Granted I know he has been there when he was told not to be but Aidan is just eight. He does not need thrown into all that crap.


He walked with her and leaned and kissed her.

I want you to see one of the healers just to make sure I saw how your face looked when you coughed. I know you might think it's nothing Spitfire but I would rather be sure. After all it is better to check it out. Isn't that what you tell the kids when you want them looked at.


He grinned at her and winked he knew she needed to be looked at and knew it was not going to be an easy task for him to get her to go and see.

So do we have time for a nap before the things to do today?
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
User avatar
Losa
Caretaker
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Condrik Shadow » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 am

I think that they all need to be ones that the staff gets warned about. After all they are your children

He winked at her with a grin his hand went to hers still a little unsure of things. He felt as damn awkward as a school boy when he was around her at times even after all that time.

I think you are right some time away would do some good too. Speaking of time away I was thinking I talked someone into watching the boys tonight if you would like to go out to the dance with me. I know the fancy ball is not til later but you know sometimes I think the outside ones are more fun. What do you think Ari?


Just then Elder came in carrying Cori and Con's heart was ready to break. Then he saw what she did and he knew she had been given a break of sorts. He had to smile at least his elfling was ok. He watched her interaction with Payne.

You know Payne maybe going is not such a good idea if someone can not keep from making you turn red. So tell me Payne do you think your staff could handle the brood? And yes you have to warn them about the wild elfling too


He laughed and winked at his daughter.
User avatar
Condrik Shadow
Peasant
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Kiara Jade » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:03 am

I'm fine Losa, I told you it's just the weather and with everything that has been going on around here lately between weddings and children who seem to have forgotten what common sense is, a simple cold can take even the baddest of us down.
Jade smiled at him knowing they were most likely going to end up going rounds about healers but feeling a little run down wasn't uncommon for anyone with so much happening and with the holidays right on them there was going to be even more to do. Talking "business" would be a good way to get him to focus on something other than a little cough here and there. Her arm went around his waist and they walked up the stairs to the main floor together.
Aidan will learn his place and he will find his path Losa, he just needs time. As far as Con and Ari go, they are grown and should be able to work their own shit out without blaming any children, not ours, not their own. I know Cori has been giving them hell but that girl has so much going on in that head of hers, it's a wonder she hasn't gone outright insane. Everything will work itself out in its proper time. We all just need to be patient and sometimes we are going to need to step back and look at the bigger picture. I still think you owe Ari an apology Losa. She never did want to come back here, hell she left these lands for a reason and I pulled her back here, I know she didn't have to come back but she did it for me... for us... and then when the time of the fallen happened was she not there taking care of you and me both? What you said to her... it did border on almost cruel Losa... not so much what you said but the way you said it and with the way your brother has been acting lately its no wonder she said she was done. That's all I'm going to say about it, I can't tell you what to do but keep in mind she is Alecs sister and remember how he was when someone would wrong him...
Gods she thought she was going to cough up her insides, seized by another fit she grabbed onto Losas arm and stayed that way until it passed, and when it did she was looking at him shaking her head because he that look on his face that she knew too well, he was going to drive her insane about going to the healers but she was just too damn tired.
Putting her head on his shoulder she sighed.
If it's not gone in a week I'll see Aranor okay? Now about that nap... it does sound damn good...


That week came and went and Kiara did everything she could to hide the fact that the cough was still there, she wasn't all that concerned about it and she didn't have time to be either, there was so much going on with all the Yuletide preparations, invitations from other Kingdoms to celebrations that were either accepted or denied depending on the kingdom. There were balls to attend, balls to plan, recruits to train, and so much more that kept them all so busy by the end of the day Kiara was lucky if she saw Losa at all. Now she was kept occupied at the seamstress. There was the ball in Firyon that they were attending because to refuse an invitation from the King of Firyon would have been a slap in the face to not only Payne but to Payten and Kiara could not imagine offending their greatest ally. An ally that seemed to be growing even stronger especially now that her niece seemed to have really caught the attention of the elven King. While they were in Firyon, Stryder, Toras, Tierney, Bryce and GraceAnne would watch over Pallia and the Elite. Once she was through at the seamstress she went to the inn where she was supposed to meet her husband for a late lunch. They both had some free time and she could think of no other way to spend it than with her King. Inside the inn she sat down at a table in the corner and waited for him to arrive.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
User avatar
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Ariela Shadow » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:12 pm

What a time it's been! Cori settled down with her Da as soon as Con started giving in a little and seeing that she wasn't the little elfling that used to grab at his nose and call him icky. The Guardian and I started finding time to spend with each other, time just for ourselves too once I was able to wrap my mind around the fact that it was okay to let someone else take care of the boys now and then. Overall everything started settling down and life was a hell of alot calmer. Then we arrived in Firyon. No there wasn't some great catastrophe that ruined everything or anything like that. The boys wreaked havoc but we kept them reigned in as best we could and unbelievably Hunter and Quin won the hearts of just about every elven maid that crossed their paths, Brayden and Brendan were another story though. Brendan, how he managed to do this I still don't know but he caught pneumonia while we were in Firyon. It wasn't pretty or fun and there were plenty of restless nights, if it weren't for Rayne I don't think Con and I would have gotten any sleep at all. She was so hellbent on making sure that our time in Firyon was at least a little enjoyable that she took on helping to care for Brendan, walking the floors with him at night, staying with him during this activity or that activity giving Con and I breaks so we weren't run ragged. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that it was after our trip to Firyon that matters between Rayne and Con started to settle too, and all four of us, me, Con, Rayne and Valiant were becoming close. Which was a good thing. Anyway, about our time in Firyon, it was as amazing as it was scary. You'll see what I mean soon enough....
User avatar
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Corinthyalas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Firyon was a sight to see with its cathedrals, promenades, it's peaked buildings and secret gardens. Cori spent her first week in Firyon running everywhere she could taking in the amazing sights being completely captivated by the elegant but almost gothic architecture. By the end of the week she was enthralled and loved Firyon and it's people. There was a dark spot in that first week, her baby brother Brendan had fallen ill and even though her Uncle Aranor was there, the King of Firyon sent his personal healers to care for her brother. Cori had worried and had taken to tending to her brother herself when her mothers and her fathers needed their own rest and it wasn't until all four of her parents persuaded her to get out and see the kingdom did she leave the palace at all. That first week had been something else. Now in the second week Cori walked the streets and found it even more amazing that the elves she would cross paths with would stop her greeting her with kindness and even inquiring about her brothers health. If she had been paying attention at all Cori would have seen that as much as Firyon had a positive endearing affect on her, so too did she have that same affect on Firyon. She really felt at peace in the realm, like she belonged but she attributed that to the many elves that were so accepting of her despite that she was a half breed, of course it didn't hurt that her Mama Rayne was a well known legend among the elves.
At that moment Cori was coming into the palace with flushed cheeks and a chilled nose. She had been out riding in the brisk early winter and the chill had kissed her cheeks and nose, she loved the winter, probably because her mother made every winter one to remember with treats and smells of baking, hot chocolate, snowmen and angels, snowball fights, sledding, carriage rides and anything else her Ma could think of. Pulling the hood from the ruby colored cloak she wore she was greeted at the doors by one of Firyons guard and a smile played on her lips.
Are you trying to give us heart attacks my lady?
Coris nose wrinkled.
Certainly not Gaius, and just what is it that I've done this time? Surely you must know I was given permission to walk the grounds and trails whenever I wished to?
Gaius gently took her by the elbow and led her into Firyons court hall where a fire was blazing in the hearth.
Of course we know this my lady but you also know that my King would prefer you to have at least one escort with you when you do venture out.
Removing the riding gloves she set them down on the table put inbetween the two chairs, on the table she noticed a pot and from that pot she could smell hot chocolate with just a touch of mint, next to the pot was a plate of cookies, the smell of anise tickled her nose. She grinned inwardly and jerked her head towards the table.
His majesty is also very much aware of my impulsive nature, but I will do my best to please the king and keep at least one guard with me.
Gaius took the cloak from her shoulders and the gloves from the table then guided her to a chair.
Sit my lady, I was told to make sure you were warmed and that you had your favorite winter treats waiting for you when you returned and you know how important it is to follow orders.
Cori sat down and sank into the chair smiling.
That I do Gaius but tell me am I to just sit here alone with no one to keep me company or have a conversation with?
It was his turn to smile.
We'll see my lady now if you'll excuse me, I do have a few other minor matters to tend to for his majesty...
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payten Shadow » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 am

Cori? Honey whats the matter?
Payten was coming through Court Hall with linens for the ball that was to be held in a few short days when she stumbled upon a very melancholy looking elfling. Elfling. Payten snorted to herself at the thought, Corinthyalas was no mere elfling no matter what people thought. It wasn't hard to see that the young woman was troubled sitting there in front of the hearth sipping at whatever warm liquid was in the cup in her hands.
Cori?
Payten said her name again and this time Cori looked at her startled to find that she wasn't alone.
Oh! Payten! I'm sorry I didn't see you there, I guess I just got caught up in my own thoughts.
Judging by the look on the elfs face Payten guessed she had been sitting alone for awhile waiting for someone, and apparently that someone never showed. Sitting down in the chair across from Cori, Payten knew that someone was probably her brother. Why Payne invited the entire Shadow clan to spend the month in Firyon was beyond her, from what she could piece together Condrik and his family had been in Firyon for almost two weeks now and Payne had yet to even speak to Cori. Payten imagined that it was starting to wear thin, maybe she had been right all along, that Payne really had no interest in Cori at all, but that led her back to her original thought... why bring her here then?
It's all right, we all lose ourselves in our thoughts from time to time. Tell me Cori, how are you finding Firyon? It's something isn't it?
She was given a weak smile from the elf and Payten saw in that smile the white flag of surrender starting to unfold, how long would it be before Cori raised that flag to it's full height and gave up?
Firyon is beautiful,it isn't quite what I expected but I like it just fine. It isn't home though... I miss Pallia more than I thought I would.
So it begins Payten thought, the lie that would take Cori from Firyon back to Pallia.
I miss Pallia at times too, but you know there is so much you can do here to help ease that...
Another weak smile, this was not good Payten thought.
Oh there is plenty to do... I keep myself busy while I'm here...
But you do it alone Payten thought, and that isn't what you were expecting... what the hell was Payne thinking?
Well you know anytime you want to talk or anything I'm here. I know your parents have all been caught up in taking care of your brother, it's a shame he got sick during your visit but Firyon has some of the best healers in all of Avurland and you know there are people here who would be more than happy to go on one outing or another with you.
She watched Cori set her cup down and get to her feet.
Oh I know and I appreciate it too, but I think I'd just rather go home Payten. Anyway, thank you for the talk, I've been sitting here alone for over an hour now so it was good to have the company. I'll see you later.
Cori left and Payten sank back into the chair asking herself once again, what the hell her brother was thinking.
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 pm

The time had been busier than he thought it would be and some trouble had arisen that had to be taken care of. He was constantly reminded that he had guests. Aranor had gone with him to settle things down, but that took longer than he thought. Aranor had convinced Con that he could take care of watching over things while they dealt with the other children. As they approached he saw Payten he noticed his brother in law and how his eyes lit up seeing her.

Well that took longer than we thought it would. There was some unsettled matters to be scene to. Then we were going to come back here and see about going riding. He got Con to Agree that you and Aranor would be acceptable chaperons. I know it irritates you that Con does not trust me, but he is just protecting his child the best way he knows how. We had a long talk and he is just as aggravated as I am that people think because of his want to protect his daughter that he thinks I am some sort of sicko. He does not but his daughter is at an impressionable age, and he does not want to see her hurt. Now which way did she go maybe we can still all go for the ride.

He had promised Con that he would stay in the guidelines set forth as he too wanted Cori to be protected. After all they were all his guests. He even check in on the boys to see how they were doing. He and Aranor started walking as Aranor could catch her scent anyways.

So you coming Payten or not?
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payten Shadow » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:34 am

Payten started choking with laughter hearing her brother talking with such understanding about Condrik and his overbearing want to protect his only daughter, of course the man was going to want his daughter kept safe but the last person he really needed to be concerned with was Payne. What made her laugh even harder was Payne talking about how impressionable Corinthyalas Shadow was. He really had no idea did he? Cori stopped being impressionable long ago, infact if anything she was the one who made the impressions on other people, not the other way around. You still have so much to learn Payne, she thought and she knew that Cori was going to be teaching her brother one hell of a lesson soon enough.
So.. riding huh?
Regaining her composure Payten didn't give any explanation for her laughter but from the look on Aranors face it was clear to her that he understood what brought the fit on. She jumped up to her feet and went to Aranor slipping her arm through his, pointing in the direction that his brothers daughter went.
She went that a way Bright Eyes, mind finding out exactly where? Don't know if she's going to be up for another riding session today though, Gaius said she had been out on the trails all morning... we'll see though won't we?
User avatar
Payten Shadow
Stablehand
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Corinthyalas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Cori had gone to the room where her parents were tending to her brother intent on asking her father if it would be too much trouble if she went back to Pallia for just a little while, she would give the reason that she was homesick and missed her training with the Elite, whether he believed her or not didn't really matter, it was the only reason she would offer up because she didn't want him to think she was being a selfish brat. Everyone knew Cori demanded attention from all sides, even when she wasn't really asking for it she would get it and to have been in Firyon for a whole two weeks now and not see hide nor hair of Payne, or even be left something as simple as a note, made her start to rethink her stance on a great many things. She wasn't being selfish at all. How could she expect him to notice she even drew breath when he had an entire Kingdom to tend to? No she wasn't going to be a distraction or anything else to the King, so going home was probably best. Going home was going to have to wait though. Hunter and Quin were in a mood and nothing their parents did seemed to be working so Cori took charge of the situation without so much as a thought. She looked to her Da who was kneeling down next to her Ma, in her Mas arms was Brendan sleeping curled up against her, and her Mama was walking the floor with Brayden who was affected by what was happening to his twin.
Hunter... Quinn... bring me your coats and put on your boots...
Cori whispered to her brothers and when they scattered to do as she said she went to her Ma and kissed the top of her head then kissed the top of Brendans head.
I'll not put up with this for too much longer little brother.... Ma, I'll deal with the terror twins, don't you worry none about them okay?
Once the boys were back with their coats she helped them bundle up then took each one by the hand.
Come on you two... mama and papa don't need you jumping all over like little goofy monkey boys, you need to be outside for that...
She led them from the room and made a game of going to doors that would lead them outside by pretending the halls of Firyons palace were a maze that they needed to find their way out of. Along the way they ran into Gaius who reminded Cori that even on the grounds she needed to have an escort with her so Cori being who she was volunteered him for the job and soon the four of them were outside in the snow throwing snowballs and chasing each other all over the garden grounds, their laughter filled the air and for the time being Cori forgot entirely that she had wanted to leave.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:01 pm

As they approached where Aranor was leading him he could hear her laughter and had to smile. He grinned as he picked up a snow ball and threw it right for her. He was not surprised what came next Quinn and Hunter decided they had to protect their sister and they started throwing snow at him. He had to laugh he was not sure if Payten followed them or not but he turned and threw a snowball at Aranor and all hell broke loose outside on the grounds. So this was not how he planned their time out but his plans seemed to not work so well so this impromptu snowball fight seemed like a good thing. He grinned a bit as he saw others starting to come out for the snowball fight. The one thing he knew was unless some jumped in on his side he was in for it. The families that were there were joining in. It was all in fun then he noticed that Cori was standing underneath a tree, he threw the packed snowball high and hard to hit the branch that would send snow cascading down onto her. He was grinning like a little kid would when feigning innocence. The twin terrors decided they would get more accomplished by barreling into him which did knock him down to the ground, they started throwing snow on top of him. He got up out of the snow and lifted them up and started laughing as he walked over to Cori.

So would you like your terror team back?

He could not remember when he had felt so refreshed and so free as of late.

I am sorry I did not make it earlier there was an emergency situation that needed handled. Even had your uncle take me through the shadows to make it quicker but that did not even help make it back in time. Well we were there Aranor also picked up the stuff they need for what he wants to try with Brendan.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Corinthyalas » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:11 am

Oh my goodness! Hunter! Quin! Look at you!
Cori laugh flowed through the air causing the others around her to laugh, it was often said that when she was in a good mood those around her could not help but be in a good mood, she was what Gaius called infectious in a damn good way. Of course she didn't see what he was talking about but let him think what he wanted right? She took Quin from Payne first and set his feet on the ground then Hunter doing the same thing and she carried on three conversations at once while crouched down and brushed snow from her brothers, fixed their hats. gloves and tightened their scarves.
You two did very good taking the King down did you know that?
Her brothers grinned and nodded and she was looking at Payne now, her blue eyes were sparkling and snowflakes were caught in her hair.
I understand that you have your duties your Highness, you don't need to explain yourself to me or to anyone for that matter...
Hunter threw his arms around her and touched his nose to her cheek.
We get'em good huh Cor?
Quin not to be outdone by his twin threw himself into her other side planting a kiss on the cheek that was free to him.
Whooped'em jus' for you Cor!
Untangling herself from her brothers she stood up and blew tresses of blonde out of her eyes.
Aye loves you got'em good.... look theres Uncle Aranor trying to get Aunt Payten... go save her!
She saw the impish grins on their faces and watched them running off through the snow tackling Aranors legs and hearing Paytens laughter. Shaking her head she looked back at Payne.
Those two are going to be hell when they get older... I hope I'll be able to keep them reigned in enough to help my Ma not go crazy... thank you for all that you've done for Brendan by the way... I know that nobody was expecting him to get so sick while we were here.
Coris ears twitched just a little, and without so much as a word she was down scooping snow off the ground and sending it soaring across the air to the elven guard who thought he was going to get the drop on her, she caught him in the center of his chest and he fell over into the snow making her laugh loudly.
D'nay be messin' with a Shadow Gaius odds be ye lose time 'n time again!
Grinning she went back to the conversation with Payne.
He'll learn one of these days... I think... now, I hope whatever it is you needed to deal with has been settled without any bloodshed? I mean you're all right yes? Of course you must be, you wouldn't be out here braving the terror twins and the rest of my kin if you weren't.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:35 pm

He laughed and ruffled the boys hair.

You sure did get me good boys. You know it is good that you want to protect your sister but I see an Uncle you can get now.

He shook his head while watching the boys attacking Aranor.

Yes there was no blood shed I think your uncle scared them. I know you know that I have responsibilities but you are also here as my guest. I have not been a very good host and for that I apologize.

He smiled and touched her hand.

I heard you already went for a ride so I was thinking we could just spend sometime out here with your brothers and all. There hopefully will not be anything else calling for my attention because here is where I want to be.

He smiled at her and walked with her following the boys.

I would do more for your brother if I could. I know it is affecting his twin as well.

He knew he had put anything they needed at their disposal.

With all the craziness do not forget the seamstress still needs to get the final fitting on the dress for the ball. That is of course assuming you are still willing to go with me to it.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Corinthyalas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:11 am

There wasn't enough danger for you wherever you were at that you want to risk your life spending time in the great outdoors with those two?
Cori tilted her head in Hunter and Quins direction, her laugh reached her eyes and she slipped an arm through Paynes while they walked the snow covered grounds.
You don't need to apologize for taking care of your kingdom your majesty, what kind of king would you be if you dropped everything just because you have guests as you say. Besides, Gaius has been more than generous with his time, sharing it with me as much as possible so I haven't been entirely ignored during our time here.
Cori has this special talent that she used quite often without even realizing she was doing it, after all not everything in her life was about plots and plans to get her own way. There would be moments in conversations, it didn't matter who she was having that conversation with that she would innocently and without thought say something that would spark a chain of events. Later she would learn that this conversation was no different.
Oh, I should tell you that I saw the seamstress this morning before I set out to the trails, I would go into all the details but one I'm sure you'd get that look on your face that my Da gets when my Ma starts talking about dresses and girlie things and two, I don't want to give away the surprise. Anyway, assuming that you won't be called away of course I'll still be going with you, of course in the event that you do get caught up in important matters Gaius has graciously offered to stand in so I won't be left on my own. Now... do you think we should save Aranor just yet or do you think you can handle walking and talking with me on our own for just a few minutes more before you start worrying about my father coming out of the shadows or some damn thing?
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:43 pm

So Gaius has been generous with his time I will have to thank him for watching out for you, or is it that he is watching out for the people of Firyon

He laughed and nudged her slightly as they walked towards where Aranor and the boys were.

Cori I know you have been struggling with things with your father. He and I talked about it, I think the ground rules are reasonable for him not to object. I mean if he sees you acting with in them maybe he will lighten up some. Though I know it is irritating to you that he does not see how grown you are. Think about Richard and Payten even after all this time Richard would tell you that is his little girl. My sister calls the word Pa and Richard is right there. I know there is so much more you want to do with things but just give it time. It is an adjustment for all of you.


He leaned and kissed her cheek and got a gleam in his eyes. He grinned at her.

You know if something does come up for the ball Gaius will be busy taking care of the problem not me. Payten's been cooking again and your Ma made some of that hot chocolate your father told her she needed to go do something and he would take care of Brayden and Brendan. So maybe we should save Aranor and head inside. After those two get settled down Aranor was talking about you Payten and I meeting by the fire that is if you are interested.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Corinthyalas » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 am

Don't...
Cori stopped walking dropping her arm from his. The last thing she needed or wanted was for him to start talking to her like she was four years old and needed the situation between her and her father explained to her. No one understood what was happening between them better than she did. It was a rite of passage in some ways, going from being in ribbons and curls, daddys little girl, to daddys little girl all grown up and it was nowhere near an easy transition for either of them. Their biggest problem was that Cori was very much like her father, she was just as stubborn as he was and when she needed to she dug her heels in and buckled down until she got her point across and was understood. I don't need you or anyone else to remind me or to explain to me about my father. If anyone gets on me one more time about following his rules that person is going to find themselves missing a limb, possibly an eye. I do everything that is expected of me from all four of my parents and I might shoot my mouth off and act a little out of sorts now and then but I think I'm entitled to once in a while. You really don't know do you? You don't remember your transition, those memories were taken from you so how could you know? As soon as I was grown enough I was thrown into taking care of my brothers, signed into the Elite training, not to mention lessons on everything from the elven language to numbers, I can cook like you wouldn't believe, and I can run an entire household blindfolded, but the minute I step one toe out of the character I am expected to be, all hell breaks loose. Let me enlighten you to a little secret King of Firyon. I am not perfect, I don't want to be perfect and for all the talk that comes from the people around me about how they don't expect me to be perfect they sure do have pretty amazing meltdowns when I'm not. So what you and everyone else sees as reasonable... I see as just a different sized leash they are trying on me to see if that one will get me to conform to who and what they want me to be. You talk of time? I know I have more time than most in the world to do what I want but what you need to understand is this. My spirit, my very soul, cannot be caged in like some animal kept in a zoo, I need room to make my mistakes, to live and learn and even now, I barely get enough room to breathe. How disappointing the afternoon was turning out to be. It still held some promise though. Cori loved talking with Payten because Payten was not exactly the quiet, do as I say, type and when she did have something to say, she never said it in a way that made Cori feel like she was being talked down to or like she was incapable of understanding. Hunter... Quin... She called to her brothers and waited for them to come running to her. Naturally they nearly knocked her on her backside when they plowed into her, she took each one of them by the hand and started back towards the palace. Inside now you goofy monkey boys, Mamas got hot chocolate waiting for you little icicles and the king has told me that Payten has been cooking... walk don't run... once we get inside the kitchen take off your boots right away and leave them on the mat by the door. Put your hats and gloves by the fire to dry... by the fire not in the fire Quin... and I will take your coats then we'll see what there is to eat and go sit by the fire in the court hall okay? The boys nodded and Cori led them to the kitchen. Not too long after she was getting them settled into chairs in front of the court hall fire with their soup and sandwiches and the promise that they could have all the cookies they wanted after they finished their lunch. While they ate she stood between the two chairs just incase they decided it was important to start a food fight. The whole time she knew Payne stayed with her but she barely looked at him one because she had twins to tend to and two, she just wasn't up to hearing about her father and his rules anymore.
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:19 am

You are right my memories were taken from me. My memories about a lot of things actually. I am sorry Cori I know I am making a mess of things here. I am trying not to but I am also trying to keep my word about what I said to your father. I know this transition time must be tough on you especially when a lot of people do not seem to understand what you are going through. You have a lot of people that care about you, and want what it is best for you. Yes you do need to be given your wings to fly so to speak but there are some that are always going to want to make sure you are protected.

He smiled as he watched the twins in the kitchen with her and his hand went to hers. He looked at her and smiled slightly he felt shy around her and he was not sure why. Hell he did know why to a point that is why he was trying so hard to not cause problems with her family.

I know you have had a rough time with all that is going on and I can say I am sure things will work out in the end, I know you are not perfect and I know that none of us are perfect. I just do not want to do anything that will cause more problems for you. Just another way for going about things. After the boys are put to bed maybe you would like to spend the time by the fire.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Corinthyalas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:36 am

You're over thinking without actually focusing Payne, and that could get you killed. Did I not teach you that? Do you need another lesson?
Cori put the question to him while she wiped some hot chocolate that Hunter spilled from the table and then wiped Quins mouth.
Aww Cor! No chocolate kiss?
She stopped wiping his mouth and leaned down close to him.
Those are the best kind Quin, especially when they come from you.
Before he could get his two cents worth of protesting in Cori leaned towards Hunter.
But they are only the best from Quin if I get one from you too.
Both boys at the same time jumped on top of the seats of the chairs and mauled their sister covering her face in kisses that left behind smudges of hot chocolate on her skin. Their laughter filled the room and Cori was at peace for the time being. Moments like that always washed away any edge she carried with her. Her brothers, all four of them were the light in her world and it reflected in how she cared for them and they reacted to her. She wiped their faces, wiped her face then sent them off with one of the women on staff in the palace who had taken a liking to the whole of Coris family to take them to their room and to let her Ma know she would be along shortly to give them their baths. She was glad for the small reprieve, as much as she did love her brothers, they were exhausting and some nights she would collapse into bed without even changing into night clothes because they wore her down so much.
Let me give you a piece of advice King of Firyon... every situation that presents itself is different than the one before and requires that it be handled differently but one thing should always remain the same... you have to always be true to who you are because the minute you stop... that's when real trouble starts and more problems are created. Just be yourself Payne and whatever happens... happens. Now if you'll excuse me I have some boys to wrestle into a bath and then to bed and I do believe I am lucky enough to have caught the attention of a King for the evening... imagine that.
Cori following her own advice stayed true to herself and brushed her lips against his lightly. The look on his face made her laugh.
I'm not going to pretend to be anything other than who I am your Majesty.
With that being said she went to take care of her brothers. It took longer than she wanted to finally get them settled into their beds and for her to spend some time with Brayden and then Brendan. She held her baby brother and rocked with him in the chair her mother had been in earlier while her mother got some sleep, she might have wanted to hurry and meet with Payne but her brothers needed her, her Ma, and Da needed her and what all four of her parents really needed was sleep. So she made the decision to stay with Brendan while her parents slept. She asked the same woman who brought the twins to their room earlier to please ask the King to join her in her Ma and Da's room, in the next room her Mama Rayne and Pa were sleeping so she was sure none of them would object to Payne being there with all four of them in the same area. While she waited for Payne she rocked Brendan and hummed a lullaby that their Ma always hummed, she closed her eyes for a little while and when the song was over she opened her eyes and saw Payne standing in the doorway looking at her but it was almost like he was seeing something else. She smiled at him and carefully stood up wrapping Brendans blanket around him then went over to the crib laying him down gently. Brendan was all tucked in leaving her to motion for Payne to join her at the hearth in the room.
I'm sorry Payne, I'm sure this isn't the fire you meant to talk in front of...
She whispered to him with a warm and apologetic smile.
... But my parents needed some real sleep. You don't need to worry about being here either, no one will say anything, I do appreciate you coming here though, I felt bad that I left you waiting for so long. If you'd like I can see if my Uncle Aranor would come sit with Brendan for a little while and we can go to the court hall?
User avatar
Corinthyalas
Stablehand
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:46 am

She was always surprising him in one way or another and when she kissed him it did surprise him. He went about working on what he needed to so that he could devote the evening once she was done to her. When the servant came he smile and then went up to join her. He joined her in front of the fire and took her hand with a smile.

Cori I know how important it is for you to help with your brothers. It is very clear how much you love them and how they love you. If you want to stay here so you can keep an eye on them for your parents I would not mind sitting just like this. After all I know that Brendan is fussy about who he will let hold them and that your parents are all worn out.

He did not mind it and he would not mind it. He grinned at her slightly.

I was talking to your Uncle Losa and he said something about wanting to do some hunting in the morning and I was thinking you could come with us too. I mean if you like that sort of thing I know you shoot incredibly with a bow. You know if we had you and your Ma hunting with those that go out for certain foods than we would never have a problem with food.


He laughed but he knew it was true too. He did not believe in hunting for trophies but for food that people could use.

I know a few families that could use some more foods too though we do all that we can for them.
User avatar
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users